Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Kissing Up

• Start Topic

Hannah and Adam continue to clash; Wes and Malia share an intimate moment while on the job; Max is excited to prove his worth by taking the boat off the dock for the first time; the crew is under pressure when an influential charter broker arrives.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Fugly complaint about her new shift when she complained about Hannah being on it and maneuvered to get her off of it,  is interesting. 

Fug's the type that will never be happy! You see her "working up" the crew against Hannah! If they ever work together, how will they explain themselves after all this backbiting is seen a few times in syndication? Hannah's totally in the right to take these animals to task for taking the Ipad off the BOAT so they can have an amusing story to tell their friends! It's more than a little pathetic and Jason will see it and maybe put them all on the spot next season! That would be worth coming back to see! 

Update: Seems like everyone will end up being a disappointment! Wes looks to promote Malia for obvious reasons when even I would assume Bobby more qualified! He's showing himself to be just like any other human being I guess! I expect better of my friends!

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 6

Yes what Will and Bobby did is worse. They violated the trust of a charter guest. 

1 minute ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Fug's the type that will never be happy! You see her "working up" the crew against Hannah! If they ever work together, how will they explain themselves after all this backbiting is seen a few times in syndication? Hannah's totally in the right to take these animals to task for taking the Ipad off the BOAT so they can have an amusing story to tell their friends! It's more than a little pathetic and Jason will see it and maybe put them all on the spot next season! That would be worth coming back to see! 

After seeing this,  if I were a paying guest I would not trust Will,  Fugly,  or Bobby. 

• Love 7

Adam's being taken to task for his less than imaginative fare; the soups and salads being way overdone! Sandy had to go to him; hilarious! The next charter guest are non too pleased with his offerings it seems! He'll probably blame Hannah! It's her fault "he sucks!" 

• Love 7
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

OK. What would you like to eat if you had a PRIVATE CHEF on YOUR CRUISE? 

I'm easy to please really! I don't need anything exotic like ceviche and other raw preparations! Keep it simple with steak and lobster I always say! 

• Love 4

And,  ... This is why you don't hook up with someone who works for you,  Will. 

4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'd want all seafood and local food anything fresh and delicious. 

No cucumbers or eggplant. 

• Love 5

This is bordering on too infuriating to watch. I echo Hannah -- I'm over this fucking crew, boat, and season. I'm the most on Hannah's side, but she does plenty to make it hard to root for her, too. Captain Sandy is great, the rest are varying degrees of The Worst. I pity those off-camera crew members who have to do most of the grunt work and tolerate the bullshit.

I think Hannah's complaining to Sandy was legit - and it wasn't a complaint so much as answering Sandy's questions and specific solicitations of opinion - but she didn't stick the landing. Cookies as a dessert is corporate function catering lame. Slice and bake cookies for dessert is grade school cafeteria bullshit. We saw the packaging! She should've really nailed that point -- it's not just a taste level issue, it's heat and serve. Fucking ridiculous.

I was behind, so the last few episodes I marathoned over the weekend, and I think what really bugs me about Adam and this season in general is it's super clear that plans of attack were made in pre-production. You can just see the gears churning in his head every time Hannah's in the galley, and it's been like that since episode one. He's trying so fucking hard to snag camera time and build story for himself, probably intentionally as a villain. And that "I had big plans for you" conversation with Malia last week -- clearly, those two cooked up a showmance during "yacht certification class" and she diverted from the script he'd cooked up. I think Bugsy had something similar in mind too, since the "if were chief stew" narrative kicked off almost instantly.

They should really be sequestering the cast before the start of the season, make things a bit more authentic, or at least have the arcs feel a lot less fucking repetitive. Every season of this show has been everyone against the chief stew and some super contrived hookup drama. Enough! 

• Love 15

I love Hannah, but given what she did, she should be humble and apologetic.  However, all of them are unprofessional to some degree.  Adam and Malia pretending nothing ever happened to them, her stringing him along.  Then Wes getting involved with a subordinate. Seems to me that dynamic is ripe for long-lasting charter issues versus one daliance with a guest.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

I love Hannah, but given what she did, she should be humble and apologetic.  However, all of them are unprofessional to some degree.  Adam and Malia pretending nothing ever happened to them, her stringing him along.  Then Wes getting involved with a subordinate. Seems to me that dynamic is ripe for long-lasting charter issues versus one dalliance with a guest.

Hard to call this a ship; more like a train wreck IMO! 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

And,  ... This is why you don't hook up with someone who works for you,  Will. 

That's it, exactly. Wes is right that it's great that Malia is always asking questions and wants to try things, but the moment his romantic interest and involvement is known, another light is cast on his actions and her actions as well. With all the talk Malia AND Wes about professionalism, they certainly aren't applying it to their usn actions.

The amount of hypocrisy by everyone on board (But Sandy, whom I still love and I just adored how she cut down everyone's bullshit this episode)is overwhelming, like the stench of rotting onions. 

• Love 9

Did Malia allude to banging Wes while on anchor watch?  The time stamp showed her arriving at 3am but he didnt leave the wheelhouse until 3:45am.  She said something about it not being the ideal place. Hmmm...

Adam's food is pretty basic, especially breakfast.  I would expect more from a chartered yacht.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, snarts said:

Adam's food is pretty basic, especially breakfast.  I would expect more from a chartered yacht.

It's a shame that the first American chef we've seen on these shows has basically done nothing but chain restaurant style cooking. Like, at least Leon's eight million beef cheeks were more upscale than chips and queso for dinner and continental breakfasts. And slice-and-bake cookies! I'll never get over that. I really think he vastly embellished his resume.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, annewithaneee said:

It's a shame that the first American chef we've seen on these shows has basically done nothing but chain restaurant style cooking. Like, at least Leon's eight million beef cheeks were more upscale than chips and queso for dinner and continental breakfasts. And slice-and-bake cookies! I'll never get over that. I really think he vastly embellished his resume.

I was outdone by the cookies! I thought it was for the crew! lol! 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Cookies as a dessert is corporate function catering lame. Slice and bake cookies for dessert is grade school cafeteria bullshit. We saw the packaging! She should've really nailed that point -- it's not just a taste level issue, it's heat and serve. Fucking ridiculous.

I could be wrong, but I thought the cookies were made from scratch; I thought the cookie packages on the table were off-the-shelf packages that the crew were snacking on. And I'm not an Adam apologist, but I think he (and most chefs) tailor their offerings to the time of day (a late lunch where the guests were already getting up from the table and taking a cookie to go) and client (the guests were all over those snickerdoodles!). Then again, maybe I'm just torn by my love for a fresh-baked snickerdoodle and a glass of milk!

• Love 10

The editors sure backed up Hannah's comment about Adam's numerous soups & salads!

Bugs likes to bitch & moan, doesn't she? First complaining about the early shift, now the late shift. 

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Well, I'd like to eat the food of someone who takes my food allergies seriously, for starters.

Where to begin?

Bugs is horrible, a crap stirrer whose behavior has gone well beyond a single crew-guest kiss, imo. 

Adam is a jerk, and he knows that his issues go beyond wearing his douchey Crocs and grungy backward hat.

And wtf with everyone just going WAY overboard with the anti Hannah crap. It's B eating crackers at this point.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I love Hannah, but given what she did, she should be humble and apologetic.  However, all of them are unprofessional to some degree.  Adam and Malia pretending nothing ever happened to them, her stringing him along.  Then Wes getting involved with a subordinate. Seems to me that dynamic is ripe for long-lasting charter issues versus one daliance with a guest.

Hannah apologized to the Captain, the tip wasn't affected so I think she went as far as she needed too.  Bugs is the one who turned it into a big deal, I'm sure because she thought she could get Hannah either demoted or off the boat.  Hannah's privacy was invaded in a major way, Bugs should've been talked too about reading Hannah's messages for 8 hours.

I think Adam does want to be the villian.  The montage of soups and salads was funny.  It looks like it's fairly cold at night (people are walking around in pants and jackets on land) so soup would make sense. I'm puzzled at the generic cookies though.  I could see them as a bedtime snack in their cabins but on the sheet at lunch?  I couldn't believe he served the yacht broker a grilled chicken salad.  Where's the seafood or caviar?

Bobby is the one with the most experience of the deckhands, it shouldn't even be a question for Wes.  It's Malia's first yacht charter season, good grief.

• Love 9

Bugsy being on the late shift is the end result of her bitching about Hannah's inappropriate interaction with the charter guest. I don't understand what this stupid bint wanted. If Hannah got fired and Bugs was promoted to chief stew, Bugs would complain about being understaffed. If Bugs was promoted to chief stew, she'd probably complain about how much more work she has to do. At this point, I think the only thing Bugs would be cool with is cloning herself for an all Bugs steward staff.

40 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Hannah does not play a smart game at all. She did make out with the guest. She was almost certainly texting him while he was a guest because her sprint to his room to provide "assistance" seemed completely unprompted unless he texted her. She should have swallowed her anger about her privacy being violated and doubled down on how unprofessional it was to take the ship's iPad that was mirroring a guest's account off the ship. They could have seen his emails, financial statements, or anything sort of sensitive. Saying that it was the ship's iPad is not a defense. 

When Hannah was trying to come for Adam, there was so much to read him on. He hasn't always followed or read the preference sheets. His breakfasts have been pedestrian. The only time he stepped it up was when he was forced to do the color themed tasting menu. She should have never said anything about him being unprofessional because Sandy caught on to what Hannah was trying to do. 

This Adam, Malia, and Wes nonsense is going to erupt into utter stupidity next week. This is the reason that you aren't supposed to date your subordinates. I should not be left thinking that Lauren is the only crew member who is professional other than Sandy. Ugh. Sandy is a really good captain, but her idiot crew sucks.

• Love 11

Team Hannah for me.  Yeah, she was not appropriate with a guest but no one got hurt and the obviously the primary had no problem.  They got a good tip.  What Bugs did was not appropriate and she invaded the primary's privacy and then went even further by bringing the yacht's ipad off the boat to continue to read the texts.  And...didn't Hannah say in one of those texts that the crew was happy with their tip?  They showed it and that's what I remember reading.

Bugs wants to chief stew so badly.  Day is too much work.  Nights are too much work.  Oh, it's Hannah's fault.  Nope.   Talk to Sandy.

Adam is an asshole.  His food may be good but if I'm on a yacht with a personal chef, I'd like something a little more adventurous.  Give me cookies as a 'snack', not dessert.

Really Malia?  She's playing a game with both these guys even though she's saying different.

I felt for Wes when he had to choose first crew.  Max is out.  Ok.  Bobby is pretty dumb.  Malia is interested in and has improved but...you decided to go for a personal relationship.  That's why these things don't work so well when you're the boss.

Lauren, who started out questionably, has come across the most 'stable' of all of them. 

• Love 6

Grew up sailing on a three masted schooner, admittedly not a luxury yacht, but why was there anchor watch when they were moored at the dock? Security? Perhaps but there is literally no anchor to watch when you are moored. So absolutely no reason for them to have to hang out on the bridge.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Grew up sailing on a three masted schooner, admittedly not a luxury yacht, but why was there anchor watch when they were moored at the dock? Security? Perhaps but there is literally no anchor to watch when you are moored. So absolutely no reason for them to have to hang out there.

Well, if they're at the dock, they're not moored.  If you're moored, there's an anchor.  I think it's about security and keeping an eye on dock lines.  It didn't seem to be a marina with security.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, if they're at the dock, they're not moored. 

What do you mean? Perhaps you use a different terminology but even though it's Wikipedia this is how I grew up using the term. also, I have been to where there were moored and there is in fact security and they clearly weren't at anchor and watching lines would necessitate them being on deck not the bridge.

Also Bugs when you log into the cloud timestamps can get totally screwed and their entire conversation that was shown through several screen shots and also discussed clearly took place after the charter because they were even discussing his friends in the past tense and talking about the crew being happy with the tip.

• Love 3

I don't care what Wes said. Of course he's playing favorites. 

2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Lauren, who started out questionably, has come across the most 'stable' of all of them. 

Somehow I missed the first ten minutes or so of the season and I therefore missed our introduction to Lauren. I'd previously been kind of meh on her, but seeing her intro gave me an appreciation for her. I didn't realize the extent of her background in hospitality. She seems pretty cool and the fact that the attention has shifted from her mess ups to Bugs and Hannah kinda indicates that she improved over time. Otherwise we'd have another Rocky or Beef Cheek Leon characterization on our hands. 

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

And slice-and-bake cookies!

Reminds me of ole' beef cheeks Leon making brownies from a box. These chefs! At least Ben made his desserts from scratch. I remember him having to pull it together to make birthday or special occasion cakes at the last minute. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8

Hi Hannah.  I've been over YOU since you trashed Tiffany because Ben chose to hook up with her instead of your butterface.

And how much did I live for Captain BadAss shutting your whiney complaints down! Twas a thing of beauty. Hannah thought she was so sly.

The producers have done a fine job in creating stress between the stews.  I wonder how often, during thr TH segments, they would start their questions to Bugsy with, If you were Chief Stew how would you do it differently?

Hey, if Hannah can be getting a bad edit this season, Bugsy can be answering leading questions......

I'm getting confused on the use of fugly. The only thing fugly is Hannah and Adam's attitudes. 

I love Captain BadAss. I love Max. We can replace everybody else.

• Love 8

Adam's statement to Malia of having great plans for her makes it sound like he considers her a possession.

And the Primary linking his phone to the ships iPad made his personal texts visible like a public library's computer doesn't garner any sympathy from me.  That is just stupid on his part.  Couldn't he had used a friend's phone while his was out of commission?  Sure Bugsy should not have read or even shared the messages but I don't think anyone else honestly would not have done the same thing.  

• Love 6

I have really lost interest in this season. Other than Captain Sandy, I don't really like anyone! So, so bored with the Malia story line. She just looks like a little kid to me. No idea why these guys are so gaga over her.

• Love 3

I was behind, so the last few episodes I marathoned over the weekend, and I think what really bugs me about Adam and this season in general is it's super clear that plans of attack were made in pre-production. You can just see the gears churning in his head every time Hannah's in the galley, and it's been like that since episode one. He's trying so fucking hard to snag camera time and build story for himself, probably intentionally as a villain. And that "I had big plans for you" conversation with Malia last week -- clearly, those two cooked up a showmance during "yacht certification class" and she diverted from the script he'd cooked up. I think Bugsy had something similar in mind too, since the "if I were chief stew" narrative kicked off almost instantly.

I completely agree with this. He's just too mean, and it doesn't make sense. At least what we've seen from editing, Hannah has never done anything to attract this level of ire (particularly pre guest hook-up). I can understand getting irritated with a coworker, and I understand their work environment is a lot different than most of ours, but he has been hitting below the belt in a way that is SO out of left field, it has to be for show.  Well I've got news for him...it doesn't make for a very interesting show. He's worse than Leon (who I think was just a legitimate dick IRL). Ben bugs the f outta me, but I'd so rather they brought him back for the 87th time. 

• Love 5

Captain Sandy is badass. After that first episode I was sure I'd dislike her. But she mentors and teaches the deckhands, issued orders and said they weren't up for discussion, and blew off Adam when he asked if Hannah told her about his appearance. And she reminded Hannah she doesn't have much moral high ground complaining about Adam.

She's the shit.

• Love 23
(edited)
3 hours ago, mytmo said:

Adam's statement to Malia of having great plans for her makes it sound like he considers her a possession.

And the Primary linking his phone to the ships iPad made his personal texts visible like a public library's computer doesn't garner any sympathy from me.  That is just stupid on his part.  Couldn't he had used a friend's phone while his was out of commission?  Sure Bugsy should not have read or even shared the messages but I don't think anyone else honestly would not have done the same thing.  

Not reading them--at least upon discovery--would be almost impossible, as you'd need to decipher what was going on. But reading the messages ALL day, giving blow-by-blows to all the crew, and misrepresenting the content (saying Hannah said the crew thought the tip was too low, when in fact she said the opposite) is beyond what any responsible employee would do, IMO. And then to continue bitching about it to the rest of the boat... and then even now to take zero ownership of her action except for a pathetic nonapology on Instagram, that all shows me Bugsy was more in the wrong on this than most, and certainly more so than the Primary.

Her craptastic behavior is having an effect on morale, and I wish Sandy would call her out on that.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9
On 6/30/2017 at 8:39 AM, OnceSane said:

Wes and Malia share an intimate moment while on the job

Replace "Wes" with a ___________ (fill in the blank line) and we could use this description for every episode.

Oh Wes.  You're going to select Malia because you have a boner for her.  Why does everyone overlook Max?  He seems to be hardworking and he doesn't get involved in most of the b.s. 

I'm still not understanding why everyone is under the spell of Malia.  Does she have fairy dust that she sprinkles around the ship?  Did Cameran from Southern Charm send voo doo dolls?  Really, what is going on? 

I loved seeing Captain Sandy call Hannah out on her deflecting.  That was all kinds of awesome.  I generally like Hannah but that was what she was doing.  And I still think she's in the wrong for bitching about other crew members to Lauren.  She's a supervisor.  Act like one.

Bugsy doesn't bother me.  At all.  Party of one, my table is ready.

Since the iPad didn't belong to Hot Jason, I don't really have an issue with Bugsy, Bobby or anyone else who works on the ship reading it.  In my mind, it's the equivalent of using a public computer.  Make sure you sign everything off.  If you don't, it may come back to bite you in the butt. 

Said this the last episode and I'll say it again.  Captain Sandy is all kinds of awesome.  I love how she wants to teach the deck crew how to be a captain.  

Previews for next episode make it look like shit's going to get real, with Adam and Wes fighting over Malia (who else?)   It makes me hope that at the reunion it comes out that Malia is currently dating Bobby.  Or Hannah.  Would serve those two nitwits right. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Hannah apologized to the Captain, the tip wasn't affected so I think she went as far as she needed too.  Bugs is the one who turned it into a big deal, I'm sure because she thought she could get Hannah either demoted or off the boat.  Hannah's privacy was invaded in a major way, Bugs should've been talked too about reading Hannah's messages for 8 hours.

I think Bugs is the bigger villain in this strictly because she should've handled this with the Captain and Hannah only.

That said, given that she was busted, she should've come clean. She made it sound like he kissed her briefly, she responded, then he found her on social media.  She doesn't need to say "We fucked."  Bu she could say, yes, I crossed the professional line for the first and last time and I am truly regretful.  She keeps trying to minimize it and she looks foolish doing so. 

in fact, if she did show the slightest humility, Bugsy's actions would seem so much worse.

On the whole, I think the love triangle is by far worse for the crew and worse for the guests.  I'm sure that because this is a reality show, hooking up is encouraged. But if I were Bugsy, I'd be far more concerned about hte professionalism of those three.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

in fact, if she did show the slightest humility, Bugsy's actions would seem so much worse.On the whole, I think the love triangle is by far worse for the crew and worse for the guests.  I'm sure that because this is a reality show, hooking up is encouraged. But if I were Bugsy, I'd be far more concerned about hte professionalism of those three.

If Wes chooses Malia, I'll be waiting patiently for Bugs' heightened sense of justice, fairness, professionalism, and propriety to show up. But something tells me I'd be waiting a long time.

• Love 7

I don't understand all the love for Captain Sandy. Her crew seems as disciplined as a classroom full of 1st graders when the teachers is not in the room.

The chef is a scat stirring twerp, the chef stew is stomping around like Attila the Hun,  and the bosun is romancing the 4th deckhand on the job. I'd say three cheers for Captain Sandy!!!

Hanna outright should have just apologized to the crew.  And I think Bobby is type of person that will quit if Malia is made senior deckhand  

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes what Will and Bobby did is worse. They violated the trust of a charter guest. 

After seeing this,  if I were a paying guest I would not trust Will,  Fugly,  or Bobby. 

Who is Will? 

Figured it out, I think its Wes. 

Edited by Maharincess