Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Margin of Error

Drogo
  • Start Topic

A seriously injured participant weighs the risks of seeking medical help and sacrificing his shot at the money; and predators continue to stalk the island's new inhabitants.

• Love 1

My stupid streaming died on us.  We've been having problems w/it lately, so I hope this isn't a weekly issue.

Anyway, all we caught is that Shannon was the one taken away due to a possible back injury.  We didn't even get Jesse's reaction.

So can anyone fill me in on what happened?

ETA:  we fricking hate History for not having a live schedule or allowing paid subscriptions!  We only have Roku and an ripoff streaming service.

• Love 1

Why in the hell did Brooke go over into the wolf's territory? That's like asking to be it's dinner. I think she's just one can short of a six-pack.

Glad to see the brothers reunited. I was worried they were missing their families a little too much. Bummed about Shannon, but from the way Jesse talked, he sort of expected his klutzy brother to hurt himself.

And eating that raw fish? OMG, I screamed "Trichinosis!! Worms!!" Gag....

I really laughed out loud when reading "these are trained survival experts" tonight.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, roamyn said:

So can anyone fill me in on what happened?

Jesse was very concerned about Shannon, but said something along the lines of "I knew I should have gotten to him sooner or he'd hurt himself" and blamed himself for not getting there quicker. All in all, he didn't seem too upset. He wanted to get to the hospital right away to see his brother.

Elsewhere, the brothers from Mississippi found each other at the very end. One of them caught a fish but had no fire so he ate it raw. And the captions told us that they are often wormy, right as I was yelling that.

Brooke was lying in the sun in her underwear when she spotted a wolf. So, she gets up, gets dressed, and walks over to where it had been. Right after the caption told us that wolves are very protective of their territory. Her husband is setting up camp, hears something and freaks out a little. Still not close to reuniting.

The father/son duo we hadn't seen much of were finally part of the show. Dad caught a fish and was describing all the various piles of bear poop he'd found, discussing what the bear had eaten. His son fell but wasn't hurt, he now has a big lake to get across so he's having to loop around off course to do so.

• Love 3

Damn!  I had kept up my hope that Shannon would make it.  Bummer for Jesse.  Don't feel guilty dude.

And now to Brooke's Woodland Party Palace...... (I so want to go to Yellowstone....)  Sunbathing by the water.....and Mr. Wolf is back.  Strengthen your shelter.

Finally the Brockdorfs.  Poolesville, MD is 33 miles from The White House.  Not exactly the middle of nowhere.

Dude, you should be working on your permanent sheleter already.  Sam.  Daddy issues.  Not another slip and fall evacuation, whew.  Then whacked with a "pond".

Nice catch of that salmon.  Eating it raw is dangerous.  You shouldn't be on this show if you can't make a bleeping fire.

You named your kid Presley.  (sigh)

Whoa!  That sounded like a gunshot to me, next thought was a tree/limb falling onto a rock.  Seemed too loud for a bear.  

Dave can make a fire.  Imagine that :)

Well done Brody crossing that river.  OMG!  The first reunion at long last.  The staccato hiking camerawork didn't seem to bother me as much, or maybe I'm just getting used to it.  Stop wasting your bear repellent air horn!

• Love 3

Does anyone else think these guys are the worst we've seen with a camera?  Part of it, I suppose is that the hikers do a lot of herky-jerky stuff when they're walking, but nobody can keep a camera lens clean!  I can even understand some condensation due to the weather conditions, but there was one shot Brooke had on the beach where the lens was obviously filthy and hadn't been cleaned properly.  It looked worse than my vision when I had a torn retina.

11 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Whoa!  That sounded like a gunshot to me, next thought was a tree/limb falling onto a rock.  Seemed too loud for a bear.  

I thought it was a gunshot, too.   Even the second noise sounded like a shot to me.  I'm certainly no outdoorsman, but you know one thing I would have done immediately? I would have moved so that I was facing the noise instead of having my back to it!

• Love 7
(edited)

Yay, the guy from Louisiana finished the hike first! Just hope he didn't get worms from the salmon...

Shannon's injury sounded scary. Hope he came out okay.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 3

When Dave thought he might have heard a bear in the trees, why on earth didn't he at least get his bear repellent and keep it handy?  If he'd had to defend himself against a bear with the knife in his hand, I don't think it would have ended well.  Brooke walking into the wolf's territory didn't seem too smart either.

I liked Jesse and Shannon and was sorry to see them have to leave.  I hope Shannon has no permanent damage.

I'm glad the episode ended with one team getting together.  I didn't want to be a nervous wreck until next week again.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, roamyn said:

My stupid streaming died on us.  We've been having problems w/it lately, so I hope this isn't a weekly issue.

ETA:  we fricking hate History for not having a live schedule or allowing paid subscriptions!  We only have Roku and an ripoff streaming service.

I have "Direct TV Now" through my Amazon Firestick. I saw the complete episode last night but I have no access this morning. This hasn't happened before and I hope the problem doesn't persist.

I also thought Brooke walking over to where the wolf had been was stupid. I was so glad that finally a team is together.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mlp said:

When Dave thought he might have heard a bear in the trees, why on earth didn't he at least get his bear repellent and keep it handy?  If he'd had to defend himself against a bear with the knife in his hand, I don't think it would have ended well.  Brooke walking into the wolf's territory didn't seem too smart either.

I think this "expert" couple is going to be the ones we yell at for doing stupid stuff.

• Love 4

That shot with the salmon was well set up.  Long shot of him walking into view and happening upon the salmon.  Lucky shot.  If I was more suspicious I would think it was too lucky.

• Love 3
(edited)

Raw fish? Yeah, only if it is sushi grade.

The hiking bit is awful. Boring, repetitive, dangerous and meaningless.

People are making stupid decisions. Eating raw fish, going to check out the wolf territory, and not building a shelter until the partner gets there.

Uggghhhh.

For the record: I am more listening at work then watching at home now. I don't think that is a good sign for the show.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 5

Sorry this is so long. Eep.

Well, I'm a sap. I sniffled when Shannon and Jesse went out. Now that looked and sounded like a serious injury, and I really liked both of them and the affectionate way they talked about each other and their family members. I hope Shannon is okay.

The good news is that I actually like three of the four teams left, and I didn't have to see the team I dislike (the Bairds) at all this episode. And although people are doing things I might not, I'm trying to keep in mind that so far they're not remarkably stupid and can be rationalized, especially when you consider that these are hungry, lonely, tired, stressed people.

I mean, would I eat raw salmon in most situations? No. But was it a greater risk to go another day without food and not knowing when he'll get more, especially protein, when he's expending so much energy hiking every day in terrain where a misstep will take him out? Or is it a greater risk that the salmon has a parasite? So maybe I would in Brody's shoes.

As for Brooke going into the wolf's territory, she was already there. Vancouver Island wolves (a subspecies of grey wolves) live in packs of 5-20, are endangered (some estimates put the total at 150ish), and have large territories. That means her campsite was probably already in it. We don't know how quickly she walked over to get more of an idea about where it had gone. The wolves are territorial, yes, but they are also usually very shy of humans (which the show doesn't mention), and it's fairly rare for humans to see them. So while Brooke shouldn't be approaching it (them), I think occasionally wandering over to look at paw prints after some time elapses may not be as dumb as it looked since she is living in their territory.

Which also makes me think their campsite isn't as awesome as we all originally thought. I mean, nice clear area and good access to water and beach, but active wolf population already wondering what she's doing there. I might prefer a slightly harder locale minus the wolves.

For the most part, I just like the fact that Dave/Brooke, Pete, and Chris/Brody seem to be realistic. They seem pretty calm and show some humor at themselves and awe the terrain (and occasionally the bear scat). I haven't seen enough of Sam yet to say much about him except, "Like the beard."

I was happy the flatlanders found each other, even if I was yelling at Brody to yell back more, dagnabbit. One "woohoo" and then talking to his camera foreeeever was not helpful to his brother. I'm a little worried for that team about Chris's mental state since his wife and kids didn't want him to go.

I loved Dave joking about the clearing being radioactive.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Which also makes me think their campsite isn't as awesome as we all originally thought. I mean, nice clear area and good access to water and beach, but active wolf population already wondering what she's doing there.

Can't wait to see what her husband thinks. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Baird brothers were no shows - no loss as I didn't care much for them last week. Actually, now that the Bosdell brothers are out I don't have a favorite, just least favorites.

Not surprised, but sorry to see the Bosdell brothers leave. The first two teams, the "non-tapper" team members both seemed to be half expecting it, a little concerned about how the "tapper" was, but not surprised. This week, Jesse was sure his brother was hurt, and much more worried that he was alright. Just checked the History site, and so far they haven't posted a Q&A from the Bosdells about the tap. 

I sure would like to see a list of each team's gear choices and what each member started with. It appears at least one more hiker is carrying an axe on the hike, as we see in previews that Sam, kid Brockdorff, lost his team's axe during his hike.

We finally got to see the father and son Brockdorff team. Just a quick peak, but neither impressed me. Not sure what Pops figured he was supposed to do while the kid was off bushwacking. Hope he scouted and found the best site for their shelter, cause he seems to be waiting for Sam to build anything - hope he's not waiting for their axe since the kid loses the axe... not my pick to last very long, but if my track record is anything to go by they may be the big winners.

The Whipple couple are trying too hard to entertain. Both were too aware of the camera to appear natural. Brooke did a great job establishing the shelter last week, but this week was a flop with her little song and then stripping down to sunbathe. Both times she spotted a wolf she has not acted as I would expect a person who has lived in big predator country to react. I mean, I always heard you should try to make sure they know you're there, make yourself appear as big as possible, while avoiding direct eye contact - basically act like you know they're there, but that you aren't going to bother them and you're confident they're no threat to you. And Brooke, well her response is more likely to make the wolf think she's injured or prey - and then, just as the caption says wolves are territorial she decides to go look at the wolf's tracks. Hubby was no better. Crash in the woods behind his back, and instead of simply turning around to keep an eye on where the noise seems to be coming from, he resumes shaving his stick to get kindling for his fire - playing to the camera while ignoring the noise behind him and nearly wracking his hand in the process a la Mary Kate.

Then we have the Wilkes brothers - not my favorites, but they ARE the first team to reunite. IIRC, last week we saw the camper starting a small log shack for their shelter.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 7

You guys have me looking for suspicious camera angles, and in this episode when (don't know his name) heard THE SOUND, it quick cut to a farther off side angle that seemed to be above him, then went back to the front angle which seemed to be his camera set up. Hmmm. 

Other than that, bummer about (don't know his name either).  

I think the woman does love the camera and seems to already be narrating her own "I'm a badass in the wilderness" show. 

I hope this is not the only season of Alone we get this year! 

1 hour ago, simplyme said:

As for Brooke going into the wolf's territory, she was already there. Vancouver Island wolves (a subspecies of grey wolves) live in packs of 5-20, are endangered (some estimates put the total at 150ish), and have large territories. That means her campsite was probably already in it. We don't know how quickly she walked over to get more of an idea about where it had gone. The wolves are territorial, yes, but they are also usually very shy of humans (which the show doesn't mention), and it's fairly rare for humans to see them. So while Brooke shouldn't be approaching it (them), I think occasionally wandering over to look at paw prints after some time elapses may not be as dumb as it looked since she is living in their territory.

Which also makes me think their campsite isn't as awesome as we all originally thought. I mean, nice clear area and good access to water and beach, but active wolf population already wondering what she's doing there. I might prefer a slightly harder locale minus the wolves.

Just a link to the wolf packs on the Island. http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/wolf-warning-issued-for-pacific-rim-park-near-tofino-b-c-after-close-calls-with-campers-1.3586540 and http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/beach-closed-dogs-temporarily-banned-after-wolf-attack-near-ucluelet-1.4038860

Seems a couple of the packs are getting used to humans and losing their natural fear. Actual attacks on humans is a rarity, but they're coming after dogs even when the dog is leashed and walking by the person. 

1 hour ago, simplyme said:

I was happy the flatlanders found each other, even if I was yelling at Brody to yell back more, dagnabbit. One "woohoo" and then talking to his camera foreeeever was not helpful to his brother.

That's exactly what I was doing!  Poor guy was yelling and blowing his air horn and Brody never answered back after that first yell, at least that we saw!

• Love 6

I'm of two minds about the format change this season. I have to imagine that the producers thought the hikers would be in greater peril overall, bushwhacking over ten miles apiece through brutally rough terrain with every conceivable obstacle between them and their partners. 

But so far all the tap-outs have come from the campers--whether due to injury, freakout, or a combination thereof (ankle-twisting knife brother). I get the sense that this is a psychological wrinkle that occurred to no one: that spending up to a week starring in Alone (But Not Really) has led the stationary participants to 1. wait around for their buddy before tackling any serious survival prep, and 2. fill those idle hours with poor decision-making. Instead of clearing brush, setting my gill net, and starting a lean-to, I'm gonna run around in the woods! I don't want to be here AT ALL build a cabin until Dad gets here to help, so instead I'll just roll up in this tarp and pillow my head on five pounds of Bear Snax! It's like another long prologue to the actual meat of the show.

I'm willing to cut poor Shannon some slack, because that sounded like a wicked and terrifying fall; any time you jack up your back is bad news. But the fact that Jesse admitted he was hurrying to get there because the odds were good that Shannon would hurt himself in the space of a week...yikes, fellas. 

So...points to Brooke, for getting busy with her spa lodge immediately. I don't understand why she goes into whispering prey mode when she spots a wolf, especially considering her boisterous speechifying to all woodland creatures in the morning...but at least she's making an effort. Team Soap might have the last laugh. 

I did enjoy how delighted Team Other, Other Brothers was to find each other. I doubt they realize what a significant achievement this is, given the first week of the season!

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

The Whipple couple are trying too hard to entertain. Both were too aware of the camera to appear natural. Brooke did a great job establishing the shelter last week, but this week was a flop with her little song and then stripping down to sunbathe.

Brooke's proclamation to the woods was too much for me. All I could picture were her kids watching it and cringing. "OMG! Mom! You did not just do that!"

I also wouldn't be surprised if she's a hammy person prone to proclamations irl. I've had some friends like that, so maybe that's why I find her easier to stomach. She gives me an amateur drama geek vibe with a tendency to be dramatic even in everyday life, whereas the Bairds come off as braggarts to me.

The sunbathing kind of struck me as sensible. It rains a lot there. Get the sun while you can. Aside from the hamminess, she seems pretty lowkey.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, simplyme said:

Sorry this is so long. Eep.

Well, I'm a sap. I sniffled when Shannon and Jesse went out. Now that looked and sounded like a serious injury, and I really liked both of them and the affectionate way they talked about each other and their family members. I hope Shannon is okay

I have had a  back injury like Shannon. It hurts like hell and it's very scary when you can't walk because of it. Best wishes to him.

19 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

The father/son duo we hadn't seen much of were finally part of the show. Dad caught a fish and was describing all the various piles of bear poop he'd found, discussing what the bear had eaten. His son fell but wasn't hurt, he now has a big lake to get across so he's having to loop around off course to do so.

My bet is on this pair

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

You guys have me looking for suspicious camera angles, and in this episode when (don't know his name) heard THE SOUND, it quick cut to a farther off side angle that seemed to be above him, then went back to the front angle which seemed to be his camera set up. Hmmm. 

They have multiple cameras, and will often set up one to record the entire camp (which I think is the camera it cut to) and then one to specifically record whatever they're doing at that moment. It sounds like a mammoth pain in the ass to me, dealing with all these cameras!

• Love 2

Pete and Sam look strong on paper.

However, Sam lost his axe on the hike.

Sam is a primitive tool expert so this will give him a chance to see if he can make an usable axe maybe not equal the one he lost on the hike but functional.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

They have multiple cameras, and will often set up one to record the entire camp (which I think is the camera it cut to) and then one to specifically record whatever they're doing at that moment. It sounds like a mammoth pain in the ass to me, dealing with all these cameras!

And at least one of the cameras is a game camera that is affixed to a tree, not a tripod.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

There were several times in this episode where it was obvious that the sound did not match the scene.  This was the first time I've ever noticed that.  I think it was when Dave (or one of the other hikers) was setting up his camp and you can see that his lips aren't even moving but he's chattering away on the audio.  I don't know if they edited in the commentary from another piece of film or got the guy to do a voiceover after the fact, but I do not like it.  What I will always remember from the first season of this show is the raw, unedited honesty.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, pagooey said:

But so far all the tap-outs have come from the campers--whether due to injury, freakout, or a combination thereof (ankle-twisting knife brother). I get the sense that this is a psychological wrinkle that occurred to no one:

It is pretty surprising.  Maybe the campers let their guard down since they know that the hikers have the more difficult job.  Those hikes look brutal.  Surely most of the hikers are carrying the rations?  Or can they split the rations up between the two?

1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

There were several times in this episode where it was obvious that the sound did not match the scene.  This was the first time I've ever noticed that.  I think it was when Dave (or one of the other hikers) was setting up his camp and you can see that his lips aren't even moving but he's chattering away on the audio.  I don't know if they edited in the commentary from another piece of film or got the guy to do a voiceover after the fact, but I do not like it.  What I will always remember from the first season of this show is the raw, unedited honesty.

IIRC, they've always done this, going back to season one.  It doesn't bother me.  It stands to reason that they would want to air a certain speech from someone, while showing some more interesting footage than just someone gabbing at the camera.  Now if it's a voiceover after the fact, yeah I'm not cool with that.

(edited)

^ Me too!  I'd be foaming at the mouth yelling, "You had ONE job!"  

On 6/29/2017 at 8:49 PM, PaperTree said:

Nice catch of that salmon.  Eating it raw is dangerous.  You shouldn't be on this show if you can't make a bleeping fire.

I love sushi and eat it on a regular basis, but raw salmon right out of the river?  Ugh, NO.  I was sitting there facepalming while this guy couldn't get a fire going, muttering the whole time about how wet everything is.  Dude, along with a permanent-ish shelter, you need to build a drying hut so clothes and firewood/tinder have a place to dry out.  The rainy weather is only going to get worse.  I hope his partner is less inept.

I want to root for Brooke because she's got the best shelter going, but she's acting like wolf food.  

Bummer about Shannon. That's the third team in five days, almost half the cast is already wiped out, and all tap-outs were non-hikers  most of whom were probably cajoled into going by their gung-ho partners and never really wanted to be there in the first place.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 6
(edited)

Rewatched with my other half last night, his comments are funny, after all the things said here:

Shannon: That poor guy can't even stand up, can he? His brother said he was a klutz and he lived up to expectations. Damn....sounds like he fell square on his ass.

Brooke: Did she bring some weed with her? WTF is this? (The chant to the forest. And he was shaking his head when she decided to walk over to where the wolf had just been).

Dave: That wasn't a bear, dude, most likely a huge branch broke off and fell from all the rain. Stop playing to the camera, this isn't something you're going to win an Emmy for.

Brody: Don't eat that fish raw!!!! He's going to have the shits for a week.

Pete: I know he's old, but where's your shelter? You think your son will feel like building something once he gets there? Yeah, follow that bear shit, it will lead you right to where they are living.

Sam: I think Brooke shared some of her weed with him. WTF, another fall? Is everyone going to fall out of the contest?

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GreyBunny said:

I love sushi and eat it on a regular basis, but raw salmon right out of the river?  Ugh, NO.  I was sitting there facepalming while this guy couldn't get a fire going, muttering the whole time about how wet everything is.  Dude, along with a permanent-ish shelter, you need to build a drying hut so clothes and firewood/tinder have a place to dry out.  The rainy weather is only going to get worse.  I hope his partner is less inept.

Brody was the one who ate the salmon, and he was the hiker, not the camper.  So he couldn't have made a drying hut, unless he was going to carry it around on his back.  He said he had been carrying the kindling around in his pocket for a few days so he thought it would be dry.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

If I was the hiker, I would be pissed to make it to the camp site and find that my partner was "waiting for me" to start the shelter!

OMG, me three! I was thinking the same thing. I'd think that it would be nice to have a comfortable (as it can be under these conditions) place to come "home" to.

• Love 1

Word. When the brother hiker came in and was like "what have you been eating?" you know he was really asking "do you have food? FOR ME?" These campers need to get their shit together, dawg.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Word. When the brother hiker came in and was like "what have you been eating?" you know he was really asking "do you have food? FOR ME?" These campers need to get their shit together, dawg.

I do think it would be a thoughtful gesture to have a shelter, a hot fire, and some food ready for the hiker, if at all possible.  "Here buddy, I saved you some slugs".

• Love 15

In the case of Pete Brockdroff who was so happy to catch that greyling...half expected him to show us a smoker with 2 dozen of fish on racks in preparation of winter and for when his son showed up hungry.

If he hasn't been building a shelter, scouting for a shelter location, fishing all day, scouting for useful trash washed up to a nearby beach, drying kindling what has he been doing other than studying bear poops?

Has he been digging for clams and smoking the meat on sticks like kebobs? Collecting and drying berries?

That bear poop showed him that seafood and berries is on the menu...

That's what i want to see..how have they been spending their time...it's been over a week waiting for the hikers to arrive.

Too much shaky camera shots and foggy lenses made it unwatchable in segments.

• Love 5

Add me to the list of people who are irritated by these stupid people!

Dad who had to cross to an island during low tide to catch a fish.... you only stayed to catch one???  That seemed like a long walk, only available during low tide, to catch fish and you only catch one meal?  And he's one of a number of people waiting for their partner to come to build a shelter.  Stupid!

Shannon's brother - why would you try to survive in the wilderness with someone you know to be a klutz who injures himself regularly???  Stupid.

Brook (who used to be my favourite) - hey, there's a wolf, let's chase after it!!  Maybe it will like my soap.  But I've been around wildlife my whole life, so I know exactly how to behave around it!!!

Raw fish guy - I hope the shits have ended before you reach camp  Well, not so much a camp, as a pile of nothing on the ground as your partner thought you would build the shelter after hiking wilderness for a week while he sat around doing nothing.

Brook and husband - annoying the hell out of me this week by playing for the cameras.

• Love 10

Alt least the wolf is real this season and not a stunt wolf from the past VI season...

Think we are crankier earlier because we don't like the new format and the clumsy or wimpy contestants taking out the more gung ho of the pair...

Compared to last year's cast, at this point of the adventure,  starving guy would have had at least a dozen fish dried for him to look at and admire but not eat.

• Love 15

I'm wondering if the producers realize just how bad their decision to change the format is. I think they should have allowed the not sick/not injured/not afraid of a big bad wolf partners stay on by themselves. Having pairs out in the wilderness trying to survive doesn't really make sense considering the title is "Alone." Not having to deal with the social isolation removes much of the challenge for the contestants, at least in my opinion.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I'm wondering if the producers realize just how bad their decision to change the format is. I think they should have allowed the not sick/not injured/not afraid of a big bad wolf partners stay on by themselves. Having pairs out in the wilderness trying to survive doesn't really make sense considering the title is "Alone." Not having to deal with the social isolation removes much of the challenge for the contestants, at least in my opinion.

Agree with you, totally. How many episodes are in this season? Unless they skip over a lot of time, these people ain't sticking around long.

• Love 2

It's sad that the 2 guys that got pulled were less than a mile from each other.  I don't think the one brother could've prevented the other one from falling.  That was just bad luck slipping on the rocks.  Could've happened to any of them.   I'm so glad that the 2 brothers were reunited.  Hallelujah for his hike through the woods to be over with!  I'm ready for the others to make their way to camp too.  The shaky footage through the forest is just not my cup of tea.  Please producers, don't do this format again!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Brooke's husband is about 5 miles away. Since he's setting up camp early in the afternoon, it will take him 2 or 3 more TV weeks to get there.

I did wonder about that. Why he was setting up camp while it was still daylight and not raining didn't make any sense to me.

• Love 1

The "hiker/camper" format is just a huge bust and I'm hating this season.  Setting aside this failed "Alone but not" concept; the contestants are proving to be the most inept and least motivated of any in past seasons.  Other than that goofy woman, why aren't they setting up camp?  Isn't that why the "campers" were left there in the first place?  What have been doing for a week?  There's that one guy filming 17 piles of bear poop, catching ONE lousy fish, then calling it a day and some other guy poked four sticks in the ground: "Oooh, a drying rack!" Uh, no.  It isn't.   All of which now seems Herculean compared to the others who've apparently been huddled under a tarp while rocking back and forth and crying. 

I'll hang in there, but I ain't happy.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Canada said:

Brook (who used to be my favourite) - hey, there's a wolf, let's chase after it!!  Maybe it will like my soap.  But I've been around wildlife my whole life, so I know exactly how to behave around it!!!

Maybe she can put that soap in a sock and hit the wolf over the head with it.

• Love 8