Type keyword(s) to search

It's a Cat, Cat, Cat, Catfish World / 2017.06.28

(edited)

I really liked the movie, and I thought Angela's husband's speech at the end (when he told the story about fishermen throwing catfish in fish tanks to constantly nip at the cod to keep them fresh) was one of the most memorable and moving moments in the film.  I was glad to see them mention that in this special, but disappointed that they told the story in such a clipped way, with silly graphics, instead of airing his words, or at least part of his scene.  I've always wondered whether he was ever compensated for his part in naming this phenomenon, as the name really did derive from his story, as the movie illustrated.  Anyone know?

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 1

-Nev and Max were childhood buddies?

-Zoning out from random chicks. I've never seen the movie.

-They got a word in the dictionary. Being pushed out of your comfort zone sounds like better definition.

-No, MTV fame is discount fame.

-Funny or Die. Never seen it. Have a feeling that'll be the case with all the media clippings they show in this special.

-Home made parodies. I have seen the SIMGM ones, but I much rather when they produce the PLL parody series.

-International Catfish knock-offs. Those would be faster to watch since I can click and skim through subtitles.

-Spark is gone, time for a divorce. Or a longer break than 3 weeks.

-Tim's right, they rerun the crap out of this. If you're just flipping channels, it'll wind up being on.

-Catfish: Alcoholic Edition.

-I don't know what about this show inspires passionate responses. Is it easy to lazy watch for people on their phones?

-I feel like a lot of actions on this show are for drama reels.

-I don't want to live in this world of underwater cats :(

On 7/18/2017 at 4:10 PM, starlightlost said:

I thought the parodies were funny. They didn't show the husband of Angela saying the whole story about catfish because, in the movie, he took forever to tell it.

I thought it was interesting.  But more importantly, I'm curious to know if he ever got compensated.  I mean - he invented a word!  

2 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I thought it was interesting.  But more importantly, I'm curious to know if he ever got compensated.  I mean - he invented a word!  

That's a great question. I'm also curious to know the answer to this! 

• Love 1