The Chefs/Cheftestants of Top Chef

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/1/2018 at 10:04 PM, cooksdelight said:

Yes. I love it. :)

Blais is an attention whore. On GGG, I've seen him make nitpicky criticism where literally every other judge *raved* about the dish. 

As for John Tesar, I love him and hate him at the same time. 

• Love 5

I just saw Tre Wilcox on "Married at First Sight", at his restaurant in Dallas, TX.  It looked like he has a cooking school or something, and the couples were getting a lesson.  It was great seeing him again, and too brief.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

The article indicates that he has taken ZERO responsibility. Dumb move. People aren't stupid and there are plenty of restaurants out there. He's not Ferran  Adria FFS. 

Not to defend his actions but given that he currently has lawsuits that are being litigated he would be stupid to say anything. 

12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Christian was a co-winner of the most recent season of The Next Food Network Star. Couldn't stand that schlub.

that's why I didn't recognize him. I am monogamous to Top Chef. Don't watch the other stuff (other than the British Baking Show)

• Love 3

I'm rewatching season 6 for the first time since it aired. Mike Isabella is as much of a slimy jerk ten years later as he was when I first watched him. Brian Voltaggio is still my favorite from that season, with Jen being in second. I ate at her restaurant not long after the season aired - it was pretty good and I got to go in the kitchen and meet her.

• Love 4

I shed more than a few tears when I read Fatima’s Instagram today.  I had a bad feeling when I’d seen she’d been back in the hospital.  She was so much fun on her season and their group looks like a really fun/close bunch.  They must all feel crushed.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 9

Cancer sucks. I have done Ebay auctions for our local ACS, and Bruce Kalman donated an “Alex’s Lemonade” chef’s apron that he signed. Several other chefs donated signed cookbooks. I do it every October, except this one, I’m having some health issues of my own.

Some good news for Edward Lee and his new restaurant:

B0D47D84-CEA3-48EB-AA0D-77F8F546EBCB.jpeg

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, hendersonrocks said:

Fatima's Bon Appetit piece is gutting. I hope she has all the flirting and food and fun in the world for as long as she can.

10 minutes ago, hendersonrocks said:

???Fatima's Bon Appetit piece is gutting. I hope she has all the flirting and food and fun in the world for as long as she can.

Fatima not only could cook - she didn't seem to have a mean bone in her body, unlike many of her competitors.  It really makes you ask "Why???"

• Love 16
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Stephanie Cmar (season when her friend Kristin Kish won)

She was on the first ep of that season and never made it to the main competition and then was at Kristen’s friends and family table at the end. She competed on TC: New Orleans and was eliminated because Nicholas the eventual winner had immunity and she was on his team even though her dishes were good and his sucked.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She was on the first ep of that season and never made it to the main competition and then was at Kristen’s friends and family table at the end. She competed on TC: New Orleans and was eliminated because Nicholas the eventual winner had immunity and she was on his team even though her dishes were good and his sucked.

OK... but she was on the show with Kristin.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:44 AM, Lamb18 said:

I'm rewatching season 6 for the first time since it aired. Mike Isabella is as much of a slimy jerk ten years later as he was when I first watched him. Brian Voltaggio is still my favorite from that season, with Jen being in second. I ate at her restaurant not long after the season aired - it was pretty good and I got to go in the kitchen and meet her.

My all time favorite season. Kevin Gillespie was my favorite.

Over time and seeing him here and there, I've come to really like and respect Michael Voltaggio. Just the other day on Best Thing I Ever Ate somebody chose a hamburger he made as the best hamburger they ever ate. Then as Voltaggio walked through what he did to make that hamburger, all I could think was that he really is world class talented and off the charts creative. 

If I remember correctly, it's the one at the bottom of this article.

• Love 3
On 9/7/2018 at 10:03 AM, LizDC said:

I'm rewatching season 8, and I didn't notice the first time that he stole Blais recipe. He had his hands in every cooking jar with that many restaurants. 

On 9/12/2018 at 3:19 PM, Yeah No said:

I just saw Tre Wilcox on "Married at First Sight", at his restaurant in Dallas, TX.  It looked like he has a cooking school or something, and the couples were getting a lesson.  It was great seeing him again, and too brief.

Tre was one of my favorites and it doesn't hurt that he's very easy on my eyes. We have something in common, we're both Black and not really into southern food, and we both love lasagna. I read that his wife is his sous chef! 

On 9/24/2018 at 8:45 PM, cooksdelight said:

I had no idea that she had cancer. :( I always liked Fatima. We share a name, and it's hard being Fatima and having your name mispronounced all of the time. 

• Love 6