Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

On 7/13/2017 at 8:06 AM, RHJunkie said:

To play devil's advocate (and I like Austin more than I do Chelsea on the show) - but I personally wouldn't categorize her comments as emasculating since most guys would experience the same issues should they drink to the point where they are lucid. I'm assuming it's something to do with the biology of things but I'm not an expert on the human body so I can't say for certain.

Shamefully, back in the day, when men didn't know if they were going to get sex at the end of a date, back in the 70's, I would, occasionally, suggest to my date that he should watch his alcohol intake.  Back then, that statement made a man deliriously, incredibly, happy. Back then, it wasn't emasculating, it was empowering.

I'll go hang my head now.

Sadly, Jennifer is a liar. Thomas said he spent the night at her house to teach Kathryn a lesson about staying out late. Jennifer said she didn't remember that.  

I ask you - how many times has a millionaire, ex state treasurer, reality tv star, spent the night at your house, and you FORGOT it.

Once? Twice? Never?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Shamefully, back in the day, when men didn't know if they were going to get sex at the end of a date, back in the 70's, I would, occasionally, suggest to my date that he should watch his alcohol intake.  Back then, that statement made a man deliriously, incredibly, happy. Back then, it wasn't emasculating, it was empowering.

I'll go hang my head now.

Which brings me to something else -  as Shep regularly takes 12 or so drinks a day, how does he even have sex with the women he gets to bring home?! It's probably a lot of drunk sex, wiggle, wiggle then fall down on his date asleep, snoring loudly. 

He's most probably a lousy lay.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Swim mom said:

ask you - how many times has a millionaire, ex state treasurer, reality tv star, spent the night at your house, and you FORGOT it.

Well since to her he is just Thomas and a friend of her partners it wouldn't be that memorable. Also, Thomas could be lying.

• Love 2
On 7/10/2017 at 7:42 PM, Neurochick said:

If Kathryn were truly sober she wouldn't point the finger at others; she'd be more introspective, realize that a lot of times SHE is the problem.  She still doesn't get that.  It's not everybody else, it's HER.  I'm not even sure she's really sober now.  And HDTV doesn't do her any favors, she looks awful.

ITA! I didn't see any humility or self-awareness from her, which are key components of a person actively working his or her recovery. She is still defensive and snotty, even using the same "goodbye" term again with Landon. She also looked out of it to me. There was one close-up in which her eyes looked heavy, as if she was struggling to hold up her head. I agree with another poster who thinks she is on opioids. She could be taking Xanax too, as she was oddly subdued while still acting nasty. 

I didn't like the hair color at all. I'm not a fan of the fake-looking red. The cut was cute though. Her dress was horrible! What on earth....?

Speaking of recovery, Shep also sounds like a classic alcoholic in denial. He even described his powerlessness over alcohol, which is the first step in a 12-step program. Also Cam's comment that his personality completely changes is telling. He needs help but doesn't sound like he's ready to surrender. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
On 7/10/2017 at 8:48 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Well,  not me. I have to check my tracker,  I think I'm 122, 123, nope.  114. That doesn't mean I'm not taking my sobriety seriously and same for her.  :)

Not for me either. People in recovery know their sobriety date, but they tend to track the time in months or years. At least that is how it is in the meetings I attend. So Kathry's saying 8 months didn't ring false to me as far as the lingo goes, but it definitely did in terms of her sobriety. I don't believe for a minute that's she sober. 

Landon didn't look very good and her hair looked terrible. What did she do to it? 

I don't think Craig and Naomi are going to make it. He didn't looked thrilled when she was describing how they are working on their relationship. 

I like Austen. Shep is a jerk, but what is interesting is how loved he was in season 1. If you go back and read these boards most posters really liked him. A lot changed in a few seasons. 

Craig talking about what a drunk Shep is amused me, since Craig can knock back quite a few himself. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2017 at 0:51 PM, Gem 10 said:

NEVER in my life have I heard a man talk as Andy Cohen did when he said "what guy doesn't want his d..k sucked".. In front of women on national t.v.  Andy Cohen is a disgusting slob, and I don't care if it's cable.

I was shocked too. Get a grip, Andy. 

• Love 2
On 7/14/2017 at 8:38 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Bravo. You get it. :)

I agree. I have hard time feeling sympathy for her, because she comes across as snotty and petulant. She doesn't strike me as a warm or likable person. I don't know what kind of recovery program she is working, but if it's the 12 steps, then she needs to go back to step 1. 

• Love 2