Type keyword(s) to search

West Wing Elimination Game

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye, Cliff, Louise, Mallory, and by tie breakers, Bonnie and Ginger.

Vote against 5!

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Kate Harper

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Amy Gardner

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Carol Fitzpatrick

Percy Fitzwallace

Elsie Snuffin

Nancy (Jed's Assistant)

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Ron Butterfield

Simon Donovan

Gina Toscano

Bruno Gianelli

Joey Lucas

Kenny Thurman

Sheila Brooks

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Eleanor (Ellie) Barlet

Nancy McNally

Zoey Bartlet

Andrea Wyatt

Helen Santos

Dr. Stanley Keyworth

Jordon Kendall

Hmm.  I don't dislike Nancy, but it wouldn't do for someone who's never done more than say, "Good morning, Mr. President" stick around too long, so I'll sub her in to my usual list.  At least we've reached a point where I recognize most of the characters remaining.

Will Bailey

Danny Concannon

Nancy

Ainsley  Hayes

Annabeth Schott

Nancy (the assistant): Really an extra whose novelty was that the actress was related to Martin Sheen 

Kate Harper: Only really had decent scenes with CJ and the comedic scenes with Will. Her role during the Israeli/Palestinian story or in the Leo Cuba story are among the worst in the whole show. 

Zoey: Man, she should have been out long before her mother. She had a lot of time on the show but only seemed blandly bratty. Ur-Basic. 

Kenny- Lol, but his lines aren't even his! If you're admiring what he said, Joey came up with it all. 

Helen Santos: Its strange that I don't care for her. I like Teri Polo. And I'd frequently agree with Helen. I think it's that Teri better suites slightly more demanding roles. With her demeanor, she's actually unusually beige in such a bland role as Helen. But it's a pretty good case study in how a First Lady is more interesting if she's a genuine source of conflict and a big snarker. STILL BITTER. 

And with that, we bid adieu to Amy Gardiner, Ellie Bartlet, Nancy, Helen Santos, Simon Donovan, and Kate Harper. Yes, that is 6.  However, Simon and Kate were tied even after the tie-breaker, so they are both gone.  

Let's drop to voting against 4.

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Carol Fitzpatrick

Percy Fitzwallace

Elsie Snuffin

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Ron Butterfield

Gina Toscano

Bruno Gianelli

Joey Lucas

Kenny Thurman

Sheila Brooks

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Nancy McNally

Zoey Bartlet

Andrea Wyatt

Dr. Stanley Keyworth

Jordon Kendall

(edited)

Psst. You didn't delete Simon Donovan. 

Kenny

Zoey (see above)

Elsie Snuffin (She was cute and Danica McKellar is a beautiful wonderful person. But she wasn't important enough to stay.)

Carol. (Also felt like an extra. Her staid ordinariness was a good background so CJ's colorful personality could pop even more- but at the end of the day, Carol was a very basic, uninteresting personality.)

Edited by Melancholy
1 minute ago, betsyboo said:

HOW IS WINNIE COOPER STILL ALIVE?!?!?

Elsie Snuffin

Simon Donovan

Gina Toscano

Bruno Gianelli

Just now, Melancholy said:

Psst. You didn't delete Simon Donovan. 

Kenny

Zoey (see above)

Elsie Snuffin (She was cute and Danica McKellar is both beautiful wonderful person. But she wasn't important enough to stay.)

Carol. (Also felt like an extra. Her staid ordinariness was a good background so CJ's colorful personality could pop even more- but at the end of the day, Carol was a very basic, uninteresting personality.)

Thanks, @Melancholy.  @betsyboo, since I updated the list incorrectly, would you like to change your Simon Donovan vote to someone still left in the game? ;) 

1 minute ago, Bastet said:

Boo to Amy Gardner being gone. 

Will Bailey

Ainsley Hayes

Danny Concannon

Elsie Snuffin

I know, right?! And I feel like Bruno isn't long for this world either. I really like some of the snarkier, saltier characters like Abbey, Amy, and Bruno. 

(edited)

Debbie Fiderer - Never liked Debbie. Too brusque for my tastes.
Lionel Tribbey - Appalling behaviour, waving a cricket bat at people, and barging into the Oval Office unannounced and little respect for the president.
Elsie Snuffin - Cute as a button, but didn't add anything once Will became deputy Comms Director.
Zoey Bartlet - squeaky, shrill and a love interest for Charlie, who I think deserves better

Edited by Only Zola
1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Sheila Brooks

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Louise Thornton

Zoey Bartlet

Elsie Snuffin

This is 5; if you don't want to revote, I'll drop the vote for Elsie since it is last. This round we've dropped to voting for 4. 

Goodbye, Bruno, Elsie, Gina, and Kenny (Kenny lost his tie breaker with Sheilaand Zoe.)

Lets vote for 4 again.

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Carol Fitzpatrick

Percy Fitzwallace

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Ron Butterfield

Joey Lucas

Sheila Brooks

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Nancy McNally

Zoey Bartlet

Andrea Wyatt

Dr. Stanley Keyworth

Jordon Kendall

Goodbye, Elizabeth Bartlet Westin, Stanley Keyworth, Sheila Brooks, Carol, and Jordon (Carol and Jordon were tied even at the tiebreaker, so they're both gone.  If this happens in the final rounds, we'll come up with a secondary tiebreaker, but there are still so many characters it is almost a preliminary round!).

Let's drop to voting against 3!

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Percy Fitzwallace

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Ron Butterfield

Joey Lucas

Nancy McNally

Zoey Bartlet

Andrea Wyatt

Zoey (see above)

Lionel: Don't know how he outlasted Stanley or Jordan Kendall. He was just in 1 ep and while he was funny, he was too buffoonish to be credible. 

Joe Quincy: Another one who should have gone. In one ep, he was the motor for a firecracker of a story. Great. It's why I haven't voted against him. But it's the storyline that was interesting, not Mathew Perry playing the straightest Straight Man ever as he embarks on Post Chandler Bing TV. Thank John Hoynes's loose lips...and other parts...for 90% of Quincy's intrigue. 

Hey, look at that -- the list is finally down to the point where I recognize all the names on it.  (I never saw Santos or Vinick, but I know who they are.)  And I still cannot believe Abbey was eliminated before so many of these characters.  I like Amy a lot more than some of them, too, but the Abbey thing blows.my.mind.

Will Bailey

Annabeth Schott

Joe Quincy

Ha - it suddenly dawned on me that, while Abbey was eliminated insanely early, it was probably with very few votes; at that early stage of the game, with a shit ton of characters, people's votes are spread out so much among those numerous characters that just a couple of people happening to vote for the same one can trigger elimination.  So I went back and yep -- Abbey went out because of a whopping two votes.  Several other characters also received two votes that round, but weighted voting meant Abbey was the loser.

It feels good to no longer be so perplexed.  (Yes, I know it's weird to have given this some thought, but I have never been on a WW forum, at a water cooler, in a group conversation at a party, whatever, where Abbey was a generally disliked character - in fact, she's always quite liked by most in any of those groups - so it was, indeed, perplexing me to think most posters here consider her one of their least-favorite characters of the entire series.  Then I had my "Aha!" moment.)  Carry on.

10 minutes ago, Bastet said:

It feels good to no longer be so perplexed. 

Thank you for investigating that. It was a head-scratcher for me as well.  Made no sense at all.

Zoey Bartlet is gone, wiping out the last of the Bartlet women. :(  She has taken Lionel Tribbey and Joe Quincy with her. 

Still voting against 3!

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Percy Fitzwallace

Oliver Babish

Ron Butterfield

Joey Lucas

Nancy McNally

Andrea Wyatt

Ron Butterfield: He's a great secret service character because he's so staid and blends into the background. But that's also why he can't progress much farther. 

Ok, now we're getting into the harder contest. I vote for Andi Wyatt and Danny Concanon for similar reasons. Funny, interesting characters who got good plots played by actors who really embodied their D.C. Types. But as love interests, too cruel or deliberately unprofessional or more, interested in playing their romance on their professional needs only on their clock. Andi isn't nearly as bad as Danny. But for both of them, I couldn't quite like them because they wronged Toby and CJ. Frankly, Amy's "hide the phone" games may be more OTT but it feels nicer. 

Goodbye, Debbie, Oliver, and Annabeth.

Let's keep voting for three!

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Matt Santos