Type keyword(s) to search

West Wing Elimination Game

We play this game on another forum I frequent (Gilmore Girls!), and so I thought I'd try it over here.

We start with a list of episodes, characters, relationships, scenes, etc. Once per 24 hour period, you'll just vote on which ones to eliminate. I'll tally the votes and update the list once a day, at which point we vote again. (If that's not clear, questions are welcome.) 

For our first game, I'm going to do characters!  I'm limiting this to main/recurring characters as it would be impossible to try to list every character on the show for this game! Since there are so many characters, for the first round, please vote against 5 characters!

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Mandy Hampton

Donna Moss

Abbey Barlet

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Kate Harper

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Angela Blake

Cliff Calley

Amy Gardner

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Bonnie (Toby's Assistant)

Ginger (Toby's Assistant)

Carol Fitzpatrick

Percy Fitzwallace

Elsie Snuffin

Nancy (Jed's Assistant)

Ryan Pierce

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Mike Wayne

Richard Squire

Nicholas Alexander

Ron Butterfield

Simon Donovan

Gina Toscano

Bruno Gianelli

Joey Lucas

Kenny Thurman

Dylan Clark

Louise Thornton

Ronna Beckman

Bram Howard

Ned Carlson

Sheila Brooks

Jane Braun

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Eleanor (Ellie) Barlet

Nancy McNally

Jack Reese

Zoey Bartlet

Doug Westin

Mallory McGarry O'Brien

Andrea Wyatt

Helen Santos

Laurie (Sam's friend)

Dr. Stanley Keyworth

Jordon Kendall

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, AriAu said:

Mandy

Mandy

Mandy

Mandy

& Mandy

Ok, seriously

Mandy

Doug Westin

Jake Reese

Richard Squires

Ryan Pierce (Can he take his uncle "Ted Kennedy" with him)

You win the internet for today. :)

Mandy Hampton

Angela Blake

Elsie Snuffin

Richard Squire

Nicholas Alexander

2 hours ago, Melancholy said:

Jack Reese

Angela Blake

Ned Carlson

Ryan Pierce

Bram Howard

Not Bram! But how will Santos know when to leave a room for an important message?? :) TM @Ltg.jon

I'll do my votes now - I was going to save them in case we needed a tie breaker, but I feel like voting. :)

Abbey Bartlett

Amy Gardiner

Elsie Snuffin

Mandy Hampton

Doug Westin

This reminds me of when we got to seasons 8 and 9 in the X-Files elimination game we played on that forum; should I vote first for those I know and dislike rather than those I don't know because I wasn't watching, because that seems more fair than casting early round votes for characters that may very well be good, but then when do I start voting for the ones who are just random names to me?  I'll muddle through.  For now, characters I did watch.

But, first, @deaja, since you're doing the tallying - are we doing weighted voting, where we put our five votes in order (the first one listed is the one we most want to see eliminated, and so on) so you can use that in the event of a tie-breaker?  I'll list mine that way just in case.

Simon Donovan (much more the storyline than the character, but I hate the storyline and don't really care about the character one way or the other, so I'm putting him first, because I can)

Will Gardner

Mandy Hampton

Danny Concannon

Ainsley Hayes

Just now, Bastet said:

But, first, @deaja, since you're doing the tallying - are we doing weighted voting, where we put our five votes in order (the first one listed is the one we most want to see eliminated, and so on) so you can use that in the event of a tie-breaker?  I'll list mine that way just in case.

No, but maybe that's good idea since I hadn't really come up with a tie-breaker. (I've never run one of these games before!)  

So yes, in case of a tie, the order you voted matters.  If you want to change your vote order, now is probably a good time. :)

For me the conundrum was - vote out the characters I dislike? Or vote out the characters who I really don't remember and only know through the Wikipedia list of West Wing characters?

(edited)

This reminds me of when we got to seasons 8 and 9 in the X-Files elimination game we played on that forum; should I vote first for those I know and dislike rather than those I don't know because I wasn't watching, because that seems more fair than casting early round votes for characters that may very well be good, but then when do I start voting for the ones who are just random names to me?  I'll muddle through.  For now, characters I did watch.

At TWOP (sorry, I realize I keep bringing it up), the game was a little different. Each person or the episode started with 15 and then each player could add 1 or take away 2 until someone got to zero and was eliminated. Each person got like 1 plus and 2 minus each day (or 24 hour period). That way I could battle to save Danny by adding 1 while Bastet could knock off 2 for Danny. It was done in live time so no one needs to "do the math." since you copy and paste the list and make your changes-if I remember, you said "Danny +1, Mandy -2 and CJ +1" and then did the math.  For example, Mandy would be eliminated when the 8th person took 2 away unless someone (anyone, Buehler, Buehler) decided to give her a +1. Once it gets down to 5 there is only minuses and no pluses. I remember getting pissed when someone knocked out the person or episode I favored....I mean actually pissed, like ruin my day pissed. Only problem is that we don't have a lot of people playing...... and we cant afford to piss each other off.

Edited by AriAu
(edited)

Yeah, that's a different version of the game with the + and --, and we played that in the X-Files forum at TWoP; there were some pretty epic battles (okay, not really, but people did get huffy -- I'm still pissed about Bad Blood getting knocked off at the last second to make Memento Mori the top episode after BB had been leading all along [as nature intended], even though I don't remember who did it, heh).  It took me a minute to get used to this version of the game, but now it's the one that feels natural to me.

Edited by Bastet

I remember that game as well from TWOP. I think I played it on the Grey's Anatomy forum and maybe Desperate Housewives. :)

Goodbye, Mandy. Enjoy Mandyville.  

Doug, we'll see this as a win for your congressional district.

Angela Blake, we hardly knew ya.  

Ryan Pierce, your uncle can't save you this time.

Richard Squire, goodbye.

Let's keep voting for 5!

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Abbey Barlet

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Kate Harper

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Cliff Calley

Amy Gardner

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Carol Fitzpatrick

Percy Fitzwallace

Elsie Snuffin

Nancy (Jed's Assistant)

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Mike Wayne

Nicholas Alexander

Ron Butterfield

Simon Donovan

Gina Toscano

Bruno Gianelli

Joey Lucas

Kenny Thurman

Dylan Clark

Louise Thornton

Ronna Beckman

Bram Howard

Ned Carlson

Sheila Brooks

Jane Braun

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Eleanor (Ellie) Barlet

Nancy McNally

Jack Reese

Zoey Bartlet

Mallory McGarry O'Brien

Andrea Wyatt

Helen Santos

Laurie (Sam's friend)

Dr. Stanley Keyworth

Jordon Kendall

Kenny Thurman

Dylan Clark

Louise Thornton

Ronna Beckman

Bram Howard

Ned Carlson

You didn't like Elsie?  I liked her just for her name!  I maintain a training site for our electronic medical records and she's one of the patients.

(edited)
18 hours ago, AriAu said:

At TWOP (sorry, I realize I keep bringing it up), the game was a little different. Each person or the episode started with 15 and then each player could add 1 or take away 2 until someone got to zero and was eliminated. Each person got like 1 plus and 2 minus each day (or 24 hour period). That way I could battle to save Danny by adding 1 while Bastet could knock off 2 for Danny. It was done in live time so no one needs to "do the math." since you copy and paste the list and make your changes-if I remember, you said "Danny +1, Mandy -2 and CJ +1" and then did the math.  For example, Mandy would be eliminated when the 8th person took 2 away unless someone (anyone, Buehler, Buehler) decided to give her a +1. Once it gets down to 5 there is only minuses and no pluses. I remember getting pissed when someone knocked out the person or episode I favored....I mean actually pissed, like ruin my day pissed. Only problem is that we don't have a lot of people playing...... and we cant afford to piss each other off.

math is hard.

Elsie Snuffin

Mike Wayne

Nicholas Alexander

Ned Carlson

Jack Reese

Edited by betsyboo

I have no idea who any of the eliminated people other than Mandy are.

Different order today, but most of the same characters:

Danny Concannon

Will Bailey

Simon Donovan

Ainsley Hayes

Annabeth Schott

3 hours ago, Bastet said:

I have no idea who any of the eliminated people other than Mandy are.

I had to look some of them up. :) But Doug Westin is married to Jed and Abbey's oldest daughter. Ryan Pierce was Josh's Season 5 intern. His uncle was a powerful senator.

(edited)
1 hour ago, deaja said:

Ryan Pierce was Josh's Season 5 intern.

Ha - I'm so used to thinking of him as Swimtern (right? something like that, a play on his Swimfan role), since that how he was referred to on the forum, I didn't recognize the actual character name at all. 

Edited by Bastet

Goodbye, Ned Carlson, Nicholas Alexander, Jack Reese, and Mike Wayne. And in news that is surprising to me, the 5th one knocked out is Abbey Bartlet! She was one of 5 characters tied, and using the tie-breaker method of ranking, she is out.  

We still have so many characters that we can vote for 5 for at least one more round.

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Kate Harper

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Cliff Calley

Amy Gardner

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Carol Fitzpatrick

Percy Fitzwallace

Elsie Snuffin

Nancy (Jed's Assistant)

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Ron Butterfield

Simon Donovan

Gina Toscano

Bruno Gianelli

Joey Lucas

Kenny Thurman

Dylan Clark

Louise Thornton

Ronna Beckman

Bram Howard

Sheila Brooks

Jane Braun

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Eleanor (Ellie) Barlet

Nancy McNally

Zoey Bartlet

Mallory McGarry O'Brien

Andrea Wyatt

Helen Santos

Laurie (Sam's friend)

Dr. Stanley Keyworth

Jordon Kendall

6 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

how on EARTH did Winnie Cooper outlast Rizzo??!?!? The world is askew.

Because Abbey Bartlet is one of the worst characters on TWW.

Happy to help.  ;)

5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Louise Thornton

Ronna Beckman

Bram Howard

Sheila Brooks

Jane Braun

Who is Jed without Abby???

No!!! Not Louise, Sheila and Ronna!!??

simon Donovan

Debbie Fiderer

Helen Santos

Jane Braun

Ellie Bartlet

43 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

Damnit!! I can't believe Abbey got knocked out already. So many of these characters deserved to go before her. 

Amen.

Hmm, what order to put my usual suspects in today?

Danny Concannon

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Annabeth Schott

Simon Donovan

5 hours ago, deaja said:

Amy Gardiner

Andrea Wyatt

Bruno Gianelli

Laurie (Sam's friend)

Sheila Brooks

ANDI?!?!?! Deaja, what has happened to you!!!?!??????? ANDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII???

(edited)

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, Jed, Leo, CJ, Toby, Josh and maybe Vinnick are the only characters who outrank Abbey Bartlet in my heart. 

Can we form strategic alliances? I want to protect Bruno and Amy as long as possible. 

Edited by Melancholy
3 hours ago, betsyboo said:

ANDI?!?!?! Deaja, what has happened to you!!!?!??????? ANDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII???

I think my distaste for some of her storylines (twins....) made me dislike the character because I can't think of any specifics why. I probably won't vote against her for at least a few more rounds. :)

This game is going to get impossible soon, I fear. I just tried to make a mental list of who I want in the top 5 and I couldn't even do it!

2 hours ago, deaja said:

If we are already discussing strategic alliance is, this game could get ugly. LOL . 

There were some pretty amusing "You people are dead to me" and "What show were you watching?" type posts in the X-Files elimination games.  It was all in good fun, but people's minds do inevitably get blown at other people's votes from time to time in these games.  I think the ++/-- version of the game gets people even more riled up, because you can directly counteract votes with which you disagree (until you get to the rounds where you can still give two minus votes, but only one plus, so you can't cancel out anymore). 

See ya later, Dylan, Jane, Bram, Laurie, and Ronna!

We still have so many characters that we can vote for 5 for at least one more round.

Jed Bartlet

Sam Seaborn

CJ Cregg

Toby Ziegler

Leo McGarry

Josh Lyman

Donna Moss

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Kate Harper

Matt Santos

Arnold Vinick

Danny Concannon

Annabeth Schott

Charlie Young

Cliff Calley

Amy Gardner

Mrs. Landingham

Debbie Fiderer

Margaret Hooper

Carol Fitzpatrick

Percy Fitzwallace

Elsie Snuffin

Nancy (Jed's Assistant)

Lionel Tribbey

Oliver Babish

Joe Quincy

Ron Butterfield

Simon Donovan

Gina Toscano

Bruno Gianelli

Joey Lucas

Kenny Thurman

Louise Thornton

Sheila Brooks

Elizabeth Bartlet Westin

Eleanor (Ellie) Barlet

Nancy McNally

Zoey Bartlet

Mallory McGarry O'Brien

Andrea Wyatt

Helen Santos

Dr. Stanley Keyworth

Jordon Kendall

Another group where I only recognize one of those eliminated (Laurie this time, whom I don't dislike; I can't stand Sam when it comes to her storyline, and was thus glad for it to end, but she's inoffensive to me).

I'm voting for my usual suspects:

Danny Concannon

Ainsley Hayes

Will Bailey

Annabeth Schott

Simon Donovan