Type keyword(s) to search

Fix The Show

Kromm
  • Start Topic

No more endurance challenges. Okay . . . one to start the individual immunities, one on Day 38, and that's it. It feels like Probst is trying to get Joe to win, so he can anoint him Supreme Survivor.

ETA: And enough with the team-based/post-merge challenges. They should limit them to two.

• Love 4

No more endurance challenges. Okay . . . one to start the individual immunities, one on Day 38, and that's it. It feels like Probst is trying to get Joe to win, so he can anoint him Supreme Survivor.

Probst really does seem like he's sporting a woody every time Joe wins.

• Love 1

Probst really does seem like he's sporting

a woody every time Joe wins.

And yet, everytime he does halfway badly (for example, at the nighttime reward challenge), he starts going on about how "horrible" Joe is at that challenge. He is probably really disappointed in him lol

• Love 2

I'd love to see temptations be a regular feature of immunity challenges. Something like, for each challenge, everyone is offered the opportunity to sit out for various benefits (food, better clothes, an umbrella that only they can use, etc.) 

• Love 3

I guess the advantage would be more fun if it was hidden. Of course, we already have the HII and I guess they want to switch it up. In theory, it should work but hasn't so far. I'm assuming they have one in Season 32 which was filmed after 30 but airing after Season 31. Now, if it used again and not successful I think they should hide it or just do away with it altogether.

I guess the advantage would be more fun if it was hidden. Of course, we already have the HII and I guess they want to switch it up. In theory, it should work but hasn't so far. I'm assuming they have one in Season 32 which was filmed after 30 but airing after Season 31. Now, if it used again and not successful I think they should hide it or just do away with it altogether.

I think it might work better if it were hidden.  Right now, people aren't going to think to look for it because it has been part of a challenge.  But like Stephen and Dan both said, it put a target on their backs.  Dan said he felt compelled to use his because of a comment Will made, so he panicked.  Of course, it didn't work anyway, and it probably would have led to Dan being booted at that point regardless.  So far it's been kind of a dull advantage.  It is still a double vote, even if it is a vote steal.  What I would like to see is what some international versions have done, the black vote, where ousted contestants cast their vote for one person after being voted out.  That vote would count against that person at the next TC (assuming they don't have immunity).  It might be something different to try.  Jeff really hyped the advantage last season and made it seem like it was something that was going to be around for the foreseeable future.  Of course to him having everyone know who has it and being able to constantly bring it up at TC likely makes good TV to him.

Maybe at some stage someone will use the advantage - if it is here to stay, which I could do without - in a clever way, same as it took time before we got player who knew how to effectively use their idol.

Otherwise, I think more variety in the types of challenges would also help, for the viewers interest, for the players who could potentially win and even for the perceived challenged monsters who would not be seen as such challenge monsters if the challenges weren't all in their ballpark.

It feels like for each season they hire a design team that has very narrow blinders or something. Sheesh... 

From the finale episode thread:

Who cares if you get to F3 if you can't win it?  I honestly think the winner should get the million and everyone else should get the same flat runner-up prize, because that's what they all are.  1 winner and 19 (or however many) runners-up.  Go for the win!  Fuck second place!
I don't think it should be a flat runner-up prize, but I think there's something to this idea. I think maybe something like: one flat sum for pre-merge; one flat sum for post merge through f5; one flat sum for 4, 3, 2; and winner's prize. 
  • Love 3

Maybe at some stage someone will use the advantage - if it is here to stay, which I could do without - in a clever way, same as it took time before we got player who knew how to effectively use their idol.

Otherwise, I think more variety in the types of challenges would also help, for the viewers interest, for the players who could potentially win and even for the perceived challenged monsters who would not be seen as such challenge monsters if the challenges weren't all in their ballpark.

It feels like for each season they hire a design team that has very narrow blinders or something. Sheesh... 

I'd like to see the advantage hidden at camp, like the idol clues are.  I think it puts too much pressure and a target on someone's back when it is out there that they have it.  That would be a good way to effectively use it and blindside someone.  Since they've only had the advantage out in the open, no one would expect anyone to have it since Jeff didn't make it public.

I'm also for them changing up the challenges.  

I am curious to see if anything from Second Chances will be used for next season. Of course, we know it was filmed in reverse but did they have the idea (HII at challenges, et all) before or after Second Chances? This season was so good I'm pretty much setting myself to be disappointed in February for BB&B

• Love 1

I am curious to see if anything from Second Chances will be used for next season. Of course, we know it was filmed in reverse but did they have the idea (HII at challenges, et all) before or after Second Chances?

If anything, I'd expect the vote stealing advantage to be in play.  I'm pretty sure that hiding idols at challenges or other places you could get caught was created specifically for a returning cast.

In the future, I wish to see more interactions among the players, so that I'm not left scratching my head at some of their apparent nonsensical choices.

I wish for every player to have at least 10 confessionals per season - that still leaves room for TPTB to showcase their favourites more than others, but the editing would not be so unbalanced. Having not watched season one, I only started liking Kelly AFTER the season was over, because until then I had no idea she had an ebullient "no, I'm not going to be who you want me to be, I'd rather be who I am, thank you very much" side to her.

I want challenges which are difficult, mentally, physically, concentration-wise, but not physically dangerous. I don't enjoy seeing a player get hurt in a challenge.

I don't like the last 6 format at the last episode, because it distracts from all the negociations back at camp. This season, because of the 10-0 vote, I get why they did it, but I hope it doesn't become the usual format.

Lastly, I would love to have more double episode/two hours format during the season, so as to leave more time for the end game. As I see it, when we (well, they) get to five is when it starts to be EVEN MORE interesting, but that's when we see the least of the players, and then it's quickly over. So having more double episodes over the seasons, or even double TC per episode if a classical Pagonging is going on, would free some time for interesting shenanigans at the end.

Lastly, I want a mix and match of (not physically dangerous) challenges.

Or The Amazing Race.

I don't mind when they have practical clothes. Though it's kind of funny when they have outfits like Varner's Fred Flintstone one. But I'd much rather see the men in nylon swim trunks than faded pink briefs with pixelation.

It seems like the women are pretty prepared in the bra category. No one's stuck out there in a lacy pushup that doesn't fit 2 weeks in. They've got fairly modest sports bras or at least highly adjustable and plain but colored padded/structured cup bras that 'age' semi-decently.

I'm actually often disappointed in the women's bra choices. Everyone knows their bra becomes a pseudo bikini top. Yet so many women continue to wear those hideous padded molded bras that provide no support. I loved Kelley's choice this season, especially the much more modest bottoms. She had the body to go the Victoria's Secret route, yet chose to be practical. I would go in wearing layered sport bras, and unless they stripped searched me, I think I would succeed. The game is stressful enough without worrying about falling out of your bra and closeup shots of your bikini area.

No more endurance challenges. Okay . . . one to start the individual immunities, one on Day 38, and that's it. It feels like Probst is trying to get Joe to win, so he can anoint him Supreme Survivor.

ETA: And enough with the team-based/post-merge challenges. They should limit them to two.

I like most of the endurance challenges because it often comes down to mental toughness and focus. I love the people who immediately go into that zone and don't look around to see what others are doing and interacting with Jeff. I don't like the type that Joe passed out on, because it's slanted to the males and upper body strength.

I really like the group challenges post-merge. It forces people from opposing alliances to work together, and gives them an opportunity to strategize together that they wouldn't get otherwise. Even if nobody flips, it feeds the paranoia.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 3

This might be the wrong forum, but I can't think of a better one.

On RHAP, they've been talking about this Third Time's a Charm idea.  Is there anyone you'd like to see back for a third time (not just from this season, but anyone who's played twice).

I'm struggling to think of any.  There have been a handful of two-time players who improved their stock on the third time:

• Boston Rob (he actually didn't do great in HvV, but it set up his RI win)
  • Parvati Shallow (won on her second try, but still made the FTC on her third)
  • Coach (made it to the finals on #3)
  • Tyson (Won in BvW)
  • Jerri?

But the rest just sort of took up space and arguably kinda damaged whatever legacy they'd had:

• Rupert (actually placed better on #3, but was no strategic or even much of a physical threat)
  • James
  • Candace
  • Colby (see "Rupert")
  • Cirie
  • Russell
  • Amanda
  • Stephenie
  • Tina (See "Colby")

I left out Penner because you sorta get the same with him every time.  He was never going to win any of his seasons, but he gives Grade A snark for as long as he can.

Are there any two-timers you'd like to see back? Bobby Jon? Kat? Malcom? Jenna? Eliza? Lex? Courtney Yates?

Looking through the list, the only one who really catches my eye is Francesca, just to give her one shot at not going out first. (Force Phillip to be her loved one visit.) For the rest, I don't know... I liked Danielle well enough, but I think I've seen what she's bringing to the table.  Same with Ami Cusack.  And Monica Culpepper. And Shii Ann. And Yau-Man. And Big Tom.

Are there enough two-time players that interest you enough to field a season of three timers? Or would we be looking at this season again with Erik or Ethan taking Jeremy's seat? (And Jenna Morasca taking Wigles', because I think we learned that well is dry).

(FTR, I think there are enough interesting one-timers to do another decent second chances in the not too distant future.)

Edited by phlebas

There are indeed enough 2-timers I'd like to see back (the benefit being we at least know what they're capable of), but with such a "plethora of unripe plantains" in the form of 1-timers who deserve another shot, I think it would be "downright depressing" to waste a season on 3rd chances. Besides, I'm sure TPTB would manage to find 20 3rd-timers that I wouldn't actually want back.

I'd be okay with a generic "another chance" season with a mix of 1 and 2-time players, but with a heavy weighting on 1-timers is a must.

• Love 2

My suggestion to fix the show: bring back Kim.  Preferably in an all-star season, maybe even an all-women's season. 

This only happens, I bet, if the fantasy "fix this show" wish--get Probst to retire--happens. And Probst ain't going anywhere.  They'd have to wheel him out in a hospital bed to displace Jeff.

I would like to see things setup where the castaways would get very, little food given to them, but where fish and fruit would be plentiful, if you have people who can spearfish and climb trees.

This would make physically weaker players think much harder about targeting the alpha dogs early on.

Along the same lines, maybe they could have the tribes relocate or tear down their shelters every 10 days.

Also, maybe they should take away the torches and flints, to put a bigger premium on fire building.

I would generally like to see people with actual survival skills have more of an advantage rather than just targets on their backs.

• Love 2

And also the return or opening and/or closing statements by the final 2/3. 

THIS! It aggravates me so much that they've wiped these out.

My suggestion to fix the show: bring back Kim.  Preferably in an all-star season, maybe even an all-women's season. 

YES! To bringing back Kim and to an all women season. I'd say the chance of either happening is basically nonexistent though!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Okay, here's an odd idea I had.

They're never going to do a true "back to basics" approach and remove all of the twists.  So rolling with that, we might as well suggest new twists ourselves, because they're coming anyway in some form.

One idea I had was about pre-show alliances and how this Second Chances (and other All-Star scenarios) have played out.  And in fact the increasing chances that even NEW players could have such pre-show alliances if they unite through the various fan communities.

Rather than act like that doesn't happen---use it for a one-off idea.  Have a season where the cast is finalized a bit earlier than usual (they typically go down to the wire in casting).  Lets say two weeks before ship out.  Then they give each cast member the email address (show controlled ones, so the producers can follow everything) of ONE other player showing up. No better.... make it video chats so it's all on film. allow them to scheme with exactly one other person, record it all, and see what happens on the show. Or perhaps make a chain.  A person could get TWO contact points, but they don't know the identity of who else their potential ally was given. So each person starts with two potential allies who don't know about the specifics of their connection to each other, but everyone knows that some other alliance exists.  This only works if the show gets a contractual agreement from everybody though about following certain rules. No in person meetings. No reveals of other allies to each other until they are on-location in their actual tribes. The only part to work out is if the tribe memberships are pre-selected by production as well, or if tribes are schoolyard or chance-picked when they show up--because then you'll get very different results depending on who was pre-designated to be in contact with who.

I mean they keep saying this show is a social experiment. Well if so... then actually experiment full tilt. If pre-show alliances happen eventually anyway, then put a stop order on whatever other contacts they may have, and see what happens if they promise just to deal with specific people.  Then let it spill out on air and see how they react to actually meeting each other and the notion of knowing each other have other potential allies who they may or may not be willing to talk about.

I dunno. Just spit-balling. It may be too unwieldy.  I just think there could be a more clever way to deal with what's often happening anyway behind the scenes.

• Love 3

I want the knowledge/memory test on every season; it is one of my favorites. Two challenges that involve memory would be good.  Rudy (season 1) is a favorite memory, of mine, for this challenge "(I don't know" for every question!)  Loved that guy.  

Choose locations where decent amount of fish and fruit are available.  I used to enjoy watching them ration their bag of rice.  They may still do that but not make the edit.  I don't remember them eating at camp this season at all. 

More double episodes.  

A full hour reunion.  Talk to more people.

Do not EVER split a 2 team format into 3 tribes leaving one without anything.  That was brutal and not enjoyable to watch. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

This only happens, I bet, if the fantasy "fix this show" wish--get Probst to retire--happens. And Probst ain't going anywhere.  They'd have to wheel him out in a hospital bed to displace Jeff.

Kromm, my uninformed impression was that Jeff likes Kim, but Kim already has one child with another on the way, which would make it hard for her to appear any time soon. 

Kromm, my uninformed impression was that Jeff likes Kim, but Kim already has one child with another on the way, which would make it hard for her to appear any time soon. 

Jeff infamously denies it, but the impression a lot of people got is that he doesn't care for Kim much as a player. This is mainly based on how at her own coronation as a winner, he seemingly paid a lot less attention to her, and more to certain Alpha-male players, and interviews he gave later on when he gently dissed both that season and her with some kind of "boring" label.  Someone here with a better memory than me will know the exact phrasing, I'm sure.  As I recall he stepped back from that a few years later after taking some shit about it (when he did some "top Survivor players" type list and included her), but we're talking more about his preferences when his hand wasn't forced.

That of course isn't to say that she has any real interest in returning or that her reasoning has anything to do with how Jeff feels about her.

Since her whole story arc was that she wasn't any kind of real drama magnet or famewhore, it's perfectly reasonable that she probably got what she needed from the show and has no real use for it anymore.

• Love 1

I would like to see the contestants receive a basic nutritional minimum.  I'm sick of seeing walking skeletons and pixilated butt cracks.  These people are supposedly provided with sunscreen and condoms, which is basic safety, and I think there should be a minimum daily calorie allotment.  I would like to see them get guaranteed beans/rice/clean water/multi-vitamins.  We would still see people scavenging for seafood and fruit and motivation at reward challenges, but fewer medical emergencies and long-term health consequences.  One thing that's always surprised me about Survivor, is two hundred pound-plus men accepting the same amount of food as one hundred pound women - unless it's simply edited out. 

I want the knowledge/memory test on every season; it is one of my favorites. Two challenges that involve memory would be good.  Rudy (season 1) is a favorite memory, of mine, for this challenge "(I don't know" for every question!)  Loved that guy.  

I remember that season one had some sort of comp where they were quizzed about the personal lives of the players.  Wigles won and showed that she had really taken the time to know her fellow players. 

YES! To bringing back Kim and to an all women season. I'd say the chance of either happening is basically nonexistent though!

I find an all-woman season so exciting I don't know if I could handle it.  I would like them to go in blind, though.  Female players so frequently break into archetypes, and I want to see how that's impacted by a lack of males.  How will the women of a certain age be impacted?  Will they still be unknowingly or deliberately forced into the nurturing mom role?  Will one of them be voted off first because her team sees her as useless?  What about the women whose gameplay is to flirt and find a strong man to sleep next to each night?  What happens when implants no longer matter?  What about women like Natalie and Stephenie who are strong players, but naturally get along better with the guys?  And most of all, I want to see a team like Kim's season, where the women defy stereotypes and work together well and loyally, and few mean-girl types.

• Love 6

They shave their legs and arm pits now and in that same tent I would not be surprised to hear they have vitamins and supplements.  They get sprayed with sunscreen there throughout the day.   

The focus on food at the rewards has been disappointing.  I remember when they fell face first into the food and looked like savages.  Now they take time to admire the spread and even set it up if it is one they take back to camp.  Granted Kelley clearly suffered this season but the rest of them did not look in bad shape when they hit Ponderosa.  

I would love an all woman's season.  The dynamics would be fascinating.  An all men's season would follow certainly.  Both would be good for a change.  

• Love 5

Get rid of the final 3 and bring back the final 2.  I think the end game is a hell of a lot more interesting with the final 2 than it is with a final 3 which tends to become too predictable. I know the argument seems to me that the final 3 reduces the chances of a goat making the end. I disagree. I think it actually increases the possibiity. Survivor is a numbers game and it is a lot easier to make moves with an alliance of 3 than and alliance of two (for instance once boston Rob hit the F5 with his two goats lined up it was game over).  I would also get rid of these ridiculous 9-10 person juries which pretty much guarantees that the FTC is edited down to the bare minimum with only having enough time to show a question or two from the jurors and nothing else.

• Love 8

I remember that season one had some sort of comp where they were quizzed about the personal lives of the players.  Wigles won and showed that she had really taken the time to know her fellow players.

I remember she even knew the middle names of Jenna Lewis's twins (the question was just their first names).  I loved one of the Rudy TH leading up to that.  "I don't know anything about these people.  And I don't care".  I liked the challenge where they filled out a questionnaire before hand, and then had to answer based on how the group answered (some of those questions were 'who do you find the shallowest, most annoying', etc, so it could lead to a burn).  I'd also like to see more water/night challenges, less cushy rewards (remember the days when they got a candy bar to split between 6 people, or got just fishing line, or one knife).  Also, give them supplies to build a shelter and protect their first if it will ultimately come down to professionals coming in and doing it anyway.  If they can make an adequate shelter with decent supplies given, let them suffer.  I would like to see them have to go right to a challenge after TC.

More shake ups to prevent alliances from Pagonging another side.  More twists with the idols and advantages.  Some of the international versions have what's called a black vote, which is the person who was just voted off casting a vote for someone left in the game and it counts at the next TC (unless that person wins immunity).

I'm fine going back to a 16 person season.  I know it won't happen, but unless it is a returnee season, I think the limit should be 18.  Less endurance challenges (and let's stick to basic endurance challenges, not ones where players still have the potential to get hurt).  I'd like to see less people with ties to former Survivors.  I'm fine with recruiting if it means we get a wider variety of types (and maybe do a season where no one hails from California of NYC).

Full hour reunion, more focus on everyone (which would mean everyone would get a decent edit or amount of airtime, for better or worse) less focusing on the people Probst loves and therefore thinks America loves.  Sometimes I think Probst hosting is not a good fit anymore.

Choose locations where decent amount of fish and fruit are available.  I used to enjoy watching them ration their bag of rice.  They may still do that but not make the edit.  I don't remember them eating at camp this season at all.

I didn't think about it until this season, but they had an issue with finding clams because the previous season had just filmed there a few weeks before.  I know it is easier to film seasons back to back in the same location, but I wonder if that's why it makes it harder for one group to find food-it hasn't had time to replenish itself.

I would love an all-female season, even though that is a pipe dream and will only happen when alpha lover Probst is no longer around.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

I don't know how most female viewers would take to an all-female season.  I don't know how I would.  I have a feeling an eye-candy-less season might not be good.  And would the male viewers appreciate it, without the macho players?  I doubt we'll see it happen.  Haven't some seasons started with an all-female tribe?  If I recall right, they were kind of dull and floundered with the shelter and stuff, didn't they?

I lean toward the cushier seasons but I have to admit it was a little weird this season to see them walking the beach or sitting in patio furniture holding mugs of coffee.  I bet coffee is a huge help to them. But it's pretty cushy.

They get what look like fancy water bottles in camo now, too.  No drinking from shells and stuff.  I'm ok with it.   

This would make physically weaker players think much harder about targeting the alpha dogs early on.

What seasons were alpha dogs kicked out of this show early on?  Maybe Vanuatu and...... ?  I don't think alpha dogs can be targeted any less or given more advantages than they already are.

I always remember Vanuatu as seeming like an all female season ; )

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I don't know how most female viewers would take to an all-female season. I don't know how I would. I have a feeling an eye-candy-less season might not be good. And would the male viewers appreciate it, without the macho players? I doubt we'll see it happen. Haven't some seasons started with an all-female tribe? If I recall right, they were kind of dull and floundered with the shelter and stuff, didn't they?

I lean toward the cushier seasons but I have to admit it was a little weird this season to see them walking the beach or sitting in patio furniture holding mugs of coffee. I bet coffee is a huge help to them. But it's pretty cushy.

They get what look like fancy water bottles in camo now, too. No drinking from shells and stuff. I'm ok with it.

Amazon, Vanuatu, and One World started with tribes divided by gender. Amazon was a great season, in my top 3 of all time favorites. Vanuatu I didn't like but that didn't have to do with the original tribe divisions (even though some of my favorite you get guys were voted off pre merge that might have lasted otherwise). However, in hindsight, blocking out Eliza and Chris winning, it isn't bad.  I think having so many horrible seasons come after it made it look good to me.   Maybe I'll feel that way about Worlds Apart one day.  One World, no comment. Just a bad cast all around. I thought the ladies did suffer more on that season than the previous gender division season. It probably didn't woo that the men stole some of their supplies.

I don't mind cushy rewards, but there needs to be a limit. After Ta'Keo won that furniture their camp was starting to look like a Target commercial. And when Terry can brag about how good and easy they have it, that's a sign try aren't making it hard for them.

Edited by LadyChatts

What seasons were alpha dogs kicked out of this show early on? Maybe Vanuatu and...... ? I don't think alpha dogs can be targeted any less or given more advantages than they already are.

It seems like they are often targeted. Often not until after the merge or just before it, when they are no longer needed for tribal immunity challenges.

And 'weak'/older women are normally targeted first, so it basically all evens out imo.

They shave their legs and arm pits now ...

Do they? I don't think so because Tasha was sporting some massive arm pit hair this season. Although it was the first time I actually really noticed body hair on the women, which always did surprise me. Maybe Tasha just doesn't shave her arm pits.

What seasons were alpha dogs kicked out of this show early on?  Maybe Vanuatu and...... ?  I don't think alpha dogs can be targeted any less or given more advantages than they already are.

I remember more than one large alpha male kicked out early in One World. But that tribe of men were complete moron sheep run by a idiot (Colton), so it's not all that surprising. 

• Love 3

And 'weak'/older women are normally targeted first, so it basically all evens out imo.

Do they? I don't think so because Tasha was sporting some massive arm pit hair this season. Although it was the first time I actually really noticed body hair on the women, which always did surprise me. Maybe Tasha just doesn't shave her arm pits.

Yeah they don't get razors or anything. A lot of the women from my understanding get laser treatment before they leave to go on Survivor.

Yeah they don't get razors or anything. A lot of the women from my understanding get laser treatment before they leave to go on Survivor.

Laser hair removal  is extremely expensive, way into the thousands.  They probably get waxed. 

I find an all-woman season so exciting I don't know if I could handle it.  I would like them to go in blind, though.  Female players so frequently break into archetypes, and I want to see how that's impacted by a lack of males.  How will the women of a certain age be impacted?  Will they still be unknowingly or deliberately forced into the nurturing mom role?  Will one of them be voted off first because her team sees her as useless?  What about the women whose gameplay is to flirt and find a strong man to sleep next to each night?  What happens when implants no longer matter?  What about women like Natalie and Stephenie who are strong players, but naturally get along better with the guys?  And most of all, I want to see a team like Kim's season, where the women defy stereotypes and work together well and loyally, and few mean-girl types.

Oh, me, too! I can just see the logo: Survivor: The Amazonians, with the tagline 'What happens when implants no longer matter?"

And their faces when they arrive and it's all women. Do it, show!

Edited by violet and green
  • Love 1

How would Jeff Probst, of all people, go about hosting an all female season?  

And before anyone suggests they sub in someone like Parvati for a one-off... that'd happen over Jeff's dead body, I think.

• Love 3

I bet the AWS would be a big commercial success too, intriguing both men and women fans.  Would get lots of free p.r., including on social media, and might bring lots of new viewers to Survivor.  I think an all-star season might work best: Survivor could be sure of having an outstanding, extremely popular cast with plenty of brains, beauty and brawn, and highly-motivated players. 

I also think Jeff might go for Parvati as host  -- so long as he believes this could breathe new life into his brilliant show. 

• Love 3

Laser hair removal  is extremely expensive, way into the thousands.  They probably get waxed. 

It's pretty cheap now.  I actually wouldn't be surprised if the show offered to pay for it.  Hairlessness = better tv.

If they did an all women cast I can't help but imagine Jeff/Mark Burnett and his cronies would just cast a bunch of women with implants anyway.  The implants are not for the other contestants.  They're for the producers and for what the producers think the audiences want.  So just picture a cast of 18 Heidi's.  That's what I envision when I think of the Survivor casting people getting their way.

Just like if it was an all male-cast it'd be like 50% of guys trolled from the beach who look exactly like Joe and 50% people from the Hantz family.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

From the finale episode thread:

I don't think it should be a flat runner-up prize, but I think there's something to this idea. I think maybe something like: one flat sum for pre-merge; one flat sum for post merge through f5; one flat sum for 4, 3, 2; and winner's prize. 

I think that's maybe worse, though?  People playing for fourth is the worst thing on Survivor.  I feel like this would encourage, rather than discourage it. 

Winston9-DT3, on 19 Dec 2015 - 1:13 PM, said:

I lean toward the cushier seasons but I have to admit it was a little weird this season to see them walking the beach or sitting in patio furniture holding mugs of coffee.  I bet coffee is a huge help to them. But it's pretty cushy.

I don't mind cushy rewards if they're rewards.  They earn it from winning.  I still think, though, that on 3-tribe seasons with combined reward/immunity challenges it should be 1st place, immunity and reward, 2nd place, immunity only, 3rd place, got nothin for ya.  Not big reward/small reward for first and second.

I remember reading about early European fur trappers in Canada and how they brought nothing but their traps, their guns, and coffee.  Living off the land is one thing, but living without coffee is quite another.

• Love 3
I think that's maybe worse, though?  People playing for fourth is the worst thing on Survivor.  I feel like this would encourage, rather than discourage it.
Maybe? I just think given the typical health impacts, people deserve more money for the longer stay. Also, I feel like being top 4 is an accomplishment that should be rewarded. I tend to think that people who play for fourth do it because they don't know how to play to win, but sometimes the down-in-the-numbers tribe people would be more cautious about moves because they got more money the longer they lasted. So if there's no financial difference between being first out at merge and fifth, it may encourage more people to gamble on moves because they have very little to lose.
  • Love 2

It's pretty cheap now.  I actually wouldn't be surprised if the show offered to pay for it.  Hairlessness = better tv.

I am behind the times on laser.  It really has come down.  Legs average about $500 and in some areas probably less.  I am not sure why I leaped to razor given that I wax that I wax my own legs and bikini!   I am sure they get waxed everywhere.  

On what season did they have professionals come in to repair or rebuild a shelter?  I did not know that ever happened!  

I agree with keeping the twists coming to prevent pagoning.   I hope that future seasons go with the voting block strategy, it worked well to give us an interesting ride this time.   I am not sure twists spawned that but I liked it.  

On what season did they have professionals come in to repair or rebuild a shelter?  I did not know that ever happened!  

I agree with keeping the twists coming to prevent pagoning.   I hope that future seasons go with the voting block strategy, it worked well to give us an interesting ride this time.   I am not sure twists spawned that but I liked it.  

What season besides this one do you mean?  None that I know of.  I was really glad they did it on this one, though.  Seeing people freeze to death isn't my idea of fun.  

And I'm with you on the twists and the blocs.  

What season besides this one do you mean?  None that I know of.  I was really glad they did it on this one, though.  Seeing people freeze to death isn't my idea of fun.  

And I'm with you on the twists and the blocs.  

I am going to say I was busy on a top secret project, as I watched, so missed it.   It was not the Scotch.   

• Love 3