Type keyword(s) to search

Fix The Show

Kromm
  • Start Topic

One idea is "back to basics", and I agree with that overall, but I DO think there are things you could add into the show, as long as others are taken out.

HII have to go.  That said, I do think the game CAN benefit from other ways to gain immunity.  It's just that the HII have gotten old, and annoying (and the Tyler Perry Idol just elevates what's wrong already to a whole new even more annoying level).

Redemption Island needs to stay gone, BTW.

Three tribes didn't work out that badly, although of course the "Brains Beauty, Body" thing was kind of lame.  That said, I don't think three tribes (using some less silly theme) should be every season.  Just every few.

One thing which might be interesting, immunity-wise, is to have some method where the OTHER tribe, the winning one, can assign an immunity to someone on the losing team.  Clearly this wouldn't work every tribal, but would be a neat idea a few times per season.  Maybe... each tribe gets the power once per season, and has to use it before the merge, but gets to pick when they use it.  Of course this would necessitate a bit more intelligence gathering between tribes, but I've never minded the authorized "spy mission" thing they've done a few times, when you get visitors from one tribe to the other.  I don't mind either that such allows long term alliances to be fostered.  So have a few of those per season too.

Just spitballing here.  

• Love 1

I like the idea of one tribe from the beginning. Split them randomly each time for reward and immunity challenges. It would make people scramble if the people they have to work with change constantly. It would emphasize the social aspect, which I think has been lacking due to the emphasis on HIIs, etc.

• Love 6

One tribe might be interesting, but it would mean big dudes are absolutely guaranteed to be out immediately so Probst would never go for it.  I personally feel 3 tribes is the only future for Survivor without boring Pagonging being the norm.

• Love 2

How so, Kimber? It would be total chance whether or not the big guys were on that week's losing team - in fact, the team with the big guys that week might very well keep winning. People might very well still want to keep them around to help win challenges until it switches to individual challenges, as it does now at the merge. But it would force people to get along with everyone or potentially suffer for that quicker than they do now. Alliances would be larger and more fluid, which would enhance the strategy that has been rather anemic lately.

ETA: Just looked back over my initial post and see I wasn't as clear as I should have been. In my scenario, only the randomly picked "tribe" that lost that week's IC would go to TC and vote one of their own off. So I still think initial picks would be those who aren't gelling with the rest and those who blow the challenges for their "tribe"

Edited by riley702

I don't think Pagonging would be as much of an issue if there wasn't so often a tribe that kept winning all of the challenges before the merge. If you split the four Philippines-seasons into "pre-switch" and "post-switch", each section has literally had the same result every challenge, with the only exceptions being the two forfeits, the "Favorites" losing that first challenge in Caramoan, and the Brains sucking slightly less than usual in that water-throwing/vertical table maze challenge.

There's two obvious fixes, I think - firstly, when there are uneven tribe numbers, they need to make the tribe with fewer members decides who sits out. Secondly, they need to stop with the combination "Half-Assed Obstacle Course plus [Jigsaw Puzzle/Carnival Game]" challenges - if you do one or the other, you might get two different results, but if you combine them you're just getting the best all-round tribe every week.

• Love 3

How so, Kimber? It would be total chance whether or not the big guys were on that week's losing team - in fact, the team with the big guys that week might very well keep winning.

That's exactly it--let's say you've got a Tom or Ozzy dominating the challenges--if you know he's going to be on your team tomorrow, of course you want to keep him around, to win the next challenge for you.  But if the challenge teams are chosen at random, then there's every reason to believe he could be on the opposite side next time.  I don't know about you, but of course I want to get rid of him then.  I want a tribe of all Courtneys, so that no matter how the teams shake out this episode, I can win.

Even these days when tribes are stable people have started voting out big guys because they'll be threats at the merge.  Sure, if you're good at challenges, you might be able to fend it off by winning, but nobody can win every challenge--especially team challenges, where your team has every incentive to throw it to get rid of you.

• Love 2

I do think that the One World concept was good in theory.  Maybe they should have started out with them all on the same beach and not split them into tribes until their first challenge, or even had a reward challenge before they split them up?  I like any inter-tribe scheming; if the Exile Alliance had actually happened Tocantins would be my favorite season, and I also love the idea behind JT's infamous HvV move.

I'd personally love it if they brought back Exile Island and put the idol there again.  One idol pre-merge, one idol post-merge would be plenty for me.

• Love 1

This would completely be a one off, and honestly it came about during a chat at work - but I'd love to see a season of losers (a). Folks booted first or second. 

Also I'd like to see a seasons (one off) of losers (b). Folks that just suck at the game (J'Tia is top of mind).

Most consistently I want to see producers secure in the recipe and stick with "classic" Survivor. 16 new faces, no "twists" like HII/RI/SSHII(T)... just straight outwit, outplay, outlast. If that is the backbone then the rest proves to be entertaining and unexpected. 

• Love 3
Most consistently I want to see producers secure in the recipe and stick with "classic" Survivor.

ITA.  And in that vein,  I'd like them to stop giving them so much via reward challenges.  I suppose they feel a need to provide flint since so few contestants seem to show up possessing fire-making skills, but I'm tired of them getting meals and spices and pillows.  (I'd just as soon they not give them the flint, either.)  I want them to split a Snickers bar once a season and make do with rice and beans and whatever they can catch the rest of the time.  

Maybe they should have started out with them all on the same beach and not split them into tribes until their first challenge

I always think this has potential.  Back in the Koror/Ulong season, the friendship Stephenie struck up with Tom and Ian pre-tribe-picking made me think it could be a game-changer.  It wasn't, of course, but I like the dynamic it affords for a future season as an occasional thing. 

Redemption Island needs to stay gone, BTW.

Yes.  Forever yes.   Same with an outcast tribe.  Once a person's been voted out, they should be gone for good.

• Love 1
(edited)

Three words: FEWER. IMMUNITY. IDOLS.

No Immunity Idols, IMO.  Find another way for the occasional immunity (like I said I like the idea of the OTHER tribe having a way to assign some--but ONLY for a specific tribal council), but stop with the treasure hunt. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4
I would like to see what would happen with an immunity idol you can't use if you're the finder.  :)

They tried that in One World (kind of, sort of.)  We ended up with KKColton receiving it on the grounds that he would need it the most.

• Love 1

I know this may not be possible because of budget constraints, but I really wish they would get over their love affair with Philippines and Samoa.  For me at least, one of the best parts of earlier to middle run seasons was seeing all the gorgeous locations.  Not saying that Philippines and Samoa aren't gorgeous, just that they need to mix things up again.

• Love 11

I know this may not be possible because of budget constraints, but I really wish they would get over their love affair with Philippines and Samoa.  For me at least, one of the best parts of earlier to middle run seasons was seeing all the gorgeous locations.  Not saying that Philippines and Samoa aren't gorgeous, just that they need to mix things up again.

We need 5000 "likes" for this, then to forward the URL to CBS.

SO damn tired of the same locations.

• Love 1

One tribe might be interesting, but it would mean big dudes are absolutely guaranteed to be out immediately so Probst would never go for it.  I personally feel 3 tribes is the only future for Survivor without boring Pagonging being the norm.

I think we've discussed this on TWoP, KimberStormer (I posted as InsomniaQueen there), and I totally agree. I also find it much easier to keep track of the 18 players when they're divided among three tribes than I do when it's 20 players on two tribes. The only thing I would change about starting with three tribes is that I don't like that they give the tribe that finishes second in the any kind of reward. I think first place should get immunity and reward, second place should get immunity, and third place should get Tribal Council. I think the way they do it now allows the tribes that finish first and second to accumulate massive advantages over the tribe that finishes last in the first challenge or two (getting supplies, even if it's "just" a tarp and some fishing line is huge, not to mention any food that might be part of the rewards), so you get tribes like Luzon and Matsing that just keep losing again and again, despite having strong competitors on them.

There's two obvious fixes, I think - firstly, when there are uneven tribe numbers, they need to make the tribe with fewer members decides who sits out. Secondly, they need to stop with the combination "Half-Assed Obstacle Course plus [Jigsaw Puzzle/Carnival Game]" challenges - if you do one or the other, you might get two different results, but if you combine them you're just getting the best all-round tribe every week.

I think this is right on the money. I especially like the idea of letting the tribe with fewer members decide who sits out, though if it ends up over-correcting (i.e. if the team with more members is almost always rendered completely uncompetitive by the other tribe's selection of who has to sit out), then I'd add the condition that the tribe with fewer members has to make their selection before the challenge is explained by Jeff Probst.

I agree that the combination obstacle course with a puzzle/memory or fine-motor skill challenge at the end is becoming a little tedious and will favor the tribe with the best all-around skills. At the same time, I think making them all of one or all of the other might make outcomes predictable in their own way, once the "athletic" and "puzzle-solving" tribes are established. I readily admit that I don't know what the answer should be. Maybe more challenges without a teamwork component (I'm thinking something along the lines of balance or endurance challenges we see for individual immunity), but with the team of the person who wins getting immunity? Then the team is as strong as its strongest member, not its weakest. Plus (or minus, depending on how much your viewpoint aligns with that of Jeff Probst) from Jeff Probst's/the producers' point of view, it would also help keep the big, strong players around longer.

• Love 3

I think the solution is simply having a variety of challenges. It would make them more memorable, too - pretty much all of the big challenge moments people remember are from challenges that aren't done any more, like "Heidi, do you have any shampoo?", or Fairplay vs. Lill in a simple "How much do you want it?" endurance challenge, or various people getting stumped by trick questions in quiz challenges, or so on, and I think a lot of it is that those moments were in challenges that stood out within their own season. We just don't get that any more.

• Love 3
I especially like the idea of letting the tribe with fewer members decide who sits out, though if it ends up over-correcting (i.e. if the team with more members is almost always rendered completely uncompetitive by the other tribe's selection of who has to sit out), then I'd add the condition that the tribe with fewer members has to make their selection before the challenge is explained by Jeff Probst.

This would make an interesting experiment.  Even moreso in 3 tribe seasons.  If only one tribe has an extra player, do the other two tribes get to confer to decide who sits out?  Or does the decision go the the tribe that was last at TC?  And what about a 6-5-4 breakdown?  Do each of the two down tribes get one pick from the 6, then the 4 get a pick from the 5?  Or is there discussion like before, in which deals could be made to keep a stronger player from the 5 in the challenge?  Lots of possibilities.

In any case, I would also maintain the caveat that no player may sit out consecutive challenges, but add that applies even if those challenges are separated by TC.

Many twists originally came from non-American versions of Survivor.  Redemption Island came from the Israeli version, and many of the tribal divides came from the Belgian and Swedish versions.  And the Swedish version also introduced the idea of bringing back former contestants to play again.

So if TPTB are going to continue to mine international versions of Survivor for ideas, the one that I think would be most interesting to implement would be the "black vote" introduced in the Swedish version or the Black Pearl from the Filipino version (as in produced by and starring Filipino people, not just taking place in the Philippines).  The "black vote" is cast by a person right after they are voted out.  This vote is included with the rest the next time that tribe visits TC, and counts just as much as every other vote (unless the vote is for someone with some form of individual immunity, of course).  It's basically a last chance for a Survivor to try to influence the game, other than as a juror.

The Black Pearl is a similar idea, but an actual physical object.  Think the 8-ball on a pool table, but solid black.  As with the black vote, it's given by the person voted out to any player they choose.  But the difference is, the person with a Black Pearl must bring it to the TC themself to be accounted for.  Otherwise, it counts as 2 votes against them.  This was paired with a Blessed or White Pearl.  Again, given by the eliminated to any player of their choice, the White Pearl is the opposite of the Black and nullifies one vote against the holder.  So the two pearls, in essence, cancel each other out.  These were implemented in the first season of Filipino Survivor, and the second season added Blood Pearls.  These red pearls were just like the black, except they counted for 2 votes (and 3 if not at TC).  And again, all these Pearls had to be used the next time the holder(s) visited TC.

If they were to go with the Pearls, I'd start with just the Black and White and implement them a little differently.  For their first use, I'd have them be a secret.  Give the winning tribe of the first IC a White Pearl back at camp after the challenge to give to one of their number without knowing what it means.  Then use the Black Pearl as stated above, but without telling anyone what it means either.  Then at the next challenge, reveal the existence of both pearls and what they mean to all the contestants. 

After that, lots of possibilities come to mind.  Maybe a tribe that wins a challenge has to give a White Pearl to one member of the opposing tribe.  Or maybe a Black one.  Perhaps for sitting out an individual challenge, you get to rest and eat, but you also get a Black Pearl and the winner of the challenge gets a White one to give as they see fit.  Perhaps all individual ICs come with a White Pearl to be given by the winner.  Maybe some have a Black Pearl to be given instead or also.  Maybe the person that loses the individual challenge gets a Black Pearl.  Maybe Pearls of either or both colors are hidden at camp instead of HIIs.  And what about having Pearls be items in the Auction, but their color is unknown until after the bidding ends.

If they were to add the Blood Pearls, I'd also throw in a Gold Pearl that acts as its' counter-part.  Or perhaps a Silver Pearl to counter the Blood and have a Gold Pearl be like the HII, but with the restrictions that it would only be hidden at the merge camp and that it had to be played the first TC after finding it like all the rest of the Pearls.

• Love 1
(edited)

I like South Africa's version of the black/white pearls too - immediately after their first challenge players had to vote for the least likely winner, and whoever got the most votes got a black pearl necklace, giving them one automatic vote at every Tribal Council they attend, although they could void these votes at any point by defecting to the opposing tribe immediately before an Immunity Challenge (and had to pass the necklace on if they were voted out). At the merge this twist ended but the white pearl necklace was added, hidden like an Idol clue at the merge feast table. Whoever found it could use it to remove one vote from any player they wished by putting it in the urn as they voted, but the necklace would then be given to that person to use as they wish (with the twist ending either at the final five tribal council or as soon as the current necklace holder was voted out).

As much as I tend to hate it on other shows - though it may just be because pretty much every Australian reality show does it more often than not - I wouldn't mind it if they took a few challenges each season from the other versions too, now that I think of it. It couldn't be worse than what we're being served now.

Edited by SnideAsides

I would like to see them in a non-tropical setting (think a real "Siberia"). I know it will never happen...

• Love 4
(edited)

Hmm, if they add pearls to the game, make them something other than black or white, because it's too easy to guess that black pearls (like black balls, black hats. etc.) would have a negative connotation, and white would have a positive one. Reverse them (black is good and white is bad), or make them something random like blue or orange or purple. I'd also like them sprinkled randomly through the game instead of featuring every. single. show.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2

Everyone really seems to hate hidden immunity idols, but they really do make votes more interesting.  It's just frustrating that they shape the game more into some weird hide-and-go-find game.  I suppose I wish they weren't hidden, but earned in some other semi-anonymous way.

I would like to see them in a non-tropical setting (think a real "Siberia"). I know it will never happen...

It would be cool but so hard to organize.  Nobody wants to see people get frostbite for some TV show.

• Love 1

It would be cool but so hard to organize.  Nobody wants to see people get frostbite for some TV show.

This has always been my fondest Survivor dream.  Survivor Lapland!  Survivor Hudson's Bay! and yes of course Survivor Siberia!  By the way that show Siberia was one of my biggest disappointments of last year - I wish it had been an actual Survivor parody.

• Love 1

The Australian version filmed on the edge of the Southern Ocean. It wasn't received well.

On Nicaragua: At least it's not Samoa again, but it's telling that the idea of returning to Panama is suddenly becoming very appealing. I don't mind so much about the crappy pool, but I think it would have been much better in Redemption Island had they built the arena around it, allowing for water-based duels. It's not as though the entire arena was ever used for a challenge, and you could easily cover up the pool when you aren't using it if need be.

Maybe setting a season in someplace like the Canyonlands or the Badlands in summer.  No risk of frostbite, but still a different and harsh setting for the contestants.

Well, actual Canyonlands is off limits, obviously, but there's plenty of southern Utah that looks a lot like it.  Be a nightmare logistically - trucking in food and water for the crew alone would be quite the task.  I'm actually kinda surprised that they've never gone for the 'oasis in the desert' motif, which might offer some pleasing visuals.

I'm of a mind that HIIs are here to stay (unfortunately), so I think they should explore different ways of gaining one.  How about 'Revenge from the Grave' - whomever is voted out whispers a name to Jeff as they leave, and that person gets an HII slipped to them.  It lasts for only one TC, and can be given away but only while back at camp.  You don't have to use it but you don't get to keep it.  This would have the effect of giving losing alliances an advantage (if they're crafty) and might add a bit of suspense as to who actually has the damn thing at any given moment. 

• Love 2

We need 5000 "likes" for this, then to forward the URL to CBS.

SO damn tired of the same locations.

I figure it would be 'more of the same' to viewers, but I always kind of wanted an East Caribbean location selected... problem is that I couldn't see any of those countries offering the seclusion required to film the series. The locations mentioned above (Hudson Bay, for example) sound interesting.

With all the buzz about the Tyler Perry Idol, I wonder if the decision makers would ever consider the oft-suggested "cast-two-votes" prize/Idol/token. At the voting booth, cash your token, get two pieces of parchment and you can vote a second time. Don't need to reveal your prize to anybody, although your handwriting *could* give you away when votes are revealed.

I figure it would be 'more of the same' to viewers, but I always kind of wanted an East Caribbean location selected... problem is that I couldn't see any of those countries offering the seclusion required to film the series. The locations mentioned above (Hudson Bay, for example) sound interesting.

With all the buzz about the Tyler Perry Idol, I wonder if the decision makers would ever consider the oft-suggested "cast-two-votes" prize/Idol/token. At the voting booth, cash your token, get two pieces of parchment and you can vote a second time. Don't need to reveal your prize to anybody, although your handwriting *could* give you away when votes are revealed.

The more I think on it, the less I like the idea of ANY method of subverting the voting process, without one's OWN tribe at least (as opposed to doing so from another tribe), be it Immunity Idols or Double Votes.

Seems to me some creativity is necessary to achieve this.  A few ideas:

- "Second Chance Idol":  A secret "if you lose a vote you pop up the next day on the other tribe Idol" aka a "Second Chance Idol". Clearly this only would exist pre-merge.  It's the right AMOUNT of power, because going to the other tribe is hardly a secure perch for most people, so it's literally just a thin chance at redemption, without going through the rigmarole of a whole Redemption Island process.  Only two of these are planted in the whole game, one on each tribe's location.  It CAN throw off the dynamic on the other tribe too, but it's doing so as an external force applied equally to both tribes at some point.

- "Opposing Tribe Vote Reward":  Other tribe gets a single vote they can communally place at an opposing tribal - this is winnable as a reward from a reward challenge.  Clearly pre-merge use of this is based on a lot of guesswork, but I'd also tie it into planned "visits" between the tribes and a chosen representative from the tribe holding this power to be able to witness the tribal council they're going to use it at (thus allowing that rep to change their mind--although that could have consequences when they go back to their own tribe and have to explain themselves).

- "Challenge Choice":  Many have grown to bemoan the challenges they do now. The balance of skills needed seems weird.  Well a way to get around that a bit is to have some opportunities where either a tribe or an individual (depending on the stage of the game) gets to PICK the next Immunity challenge from several possibilities presented to them--in secret too (which also means a big advantage also in that they'll know what an upcoming challenge IS and be able to practice). For a Tribal immunity this should be the consequence of a Reward Challenge win, I think, and for Individual I'd make it a Survivor Auction prize. Clearly when this is usable has to be at set times though, since the show can't have multiple challenges ready to go at any time.

• Love 3

I like the HIIs, and think they greatly improve the game.  They give people not in the majority alliance a chance to fight back.  They throw a monkey wrench in what seem like airtight plans, and require everyone to think more, scramble more, and strategize more. 

The TPI was too high-powered.  But keeping the idol's powers secret adds another dimension to strategy and game play.   

I think Survivor needs more reward challenges in the early stages of the game.  We used to have them every episode, but especially with Redemption Island that fell off. 

I'd like to see fewer puzzles than last season. 

I think Probst should talk less during challenges. 

BvW introduced lots of nuances and interplay never seen before on Survivor.  Makes an interesting twist from time to time, though not a steady diet.  

• Love 1

I've warmed to the idea of changing the nature of the idols.  Instead of just granting immunity for one round, you can whip one out after the votes are read and use it to demand a Trial By Combat.  Then you sit down with the person who had the next highest number of votes (after whatever tie-breakers are necessary) and have a fire-building challenge. If you build the fire quicker, you get to stay and the other one goes home or to the jury or whatever. And you go back to camp, knowing most of the contestants just tried to get you out.

That way if you have a pocketful of idols, you aren't untouchable. You still need to have some survival skills other than knowing how to dig for idols among tree roots.  And maybe the other contestants would learn how to do something other than sunbathe and overturn the rice.

• Love 1

I think Probst should talk less during challenges. 

This. Especially when his commentary is "Person X is [completely inept at this challenge]", as if the viewing audience aren't aware of the situation right in front of them. Maybe a "Mute Probst Play-by-Play" option is needed.

• Love 2

You're right about that.  It will never happen because it's believed that nobody will tune in to see people bundled up in parkas and furs.  It's all about the skin shows and the eye candy, folks!

I would really like a place with summer temperature swings like in the Midwest. I was thinking they could do one of the uninhabited islands in the great lakes - plenty of water and they can still do sweeping vistas. The temperatures would be 80s-90s during the day which would allow for swimsuits and water challenges, but 60s-70s at night. Or, for logistical purposes (i.e. getting Probst and crew to and from location, electricity needs for cameras, etc), a non-populated area of the lake shore. But I know they wouldn't do that either.

I like the pearl ideas because it could shake things up when the numbers are more even.  Right now, most of the real alliance switching occurs at the odd numbers, 5,7,9, but a black/white pearl could help make things more exciting at 6 and 8.

Probst yammering at the challenges really irritates me. Especially when someone figures out a quicker or better way to do the challenge and Jeff immediately yells this out so everyone else can look and copy it. Thus negating the other player's intelligence and creativity. Can't have that, no siree Bob. The idiots must be allowed to advance.

• Love 5

Probst yammering at the challenges really irritates me. Especially when someone figures out a quicker or better way to do the challenge and Jeff immediately yells this out so everyone else can look and copy it. Thus negating the other player's intelligence and creativity. Can't have that, no siree Bob. The idiots must be allowed to advance.

Probst's ego knows no bounds though, so I doubt this will ever change.  He's too in love with the sound of his own voice.

• Love 2

I've warmed to the idea of changing the nature of the idols.  

Right.  The wrong turn wasn't in having an Idol with different powers this last time out, it was in making it TOO similar (and yet also too powerful).  I for one never hated the Idol Search shennanigans.  I'm just tired of the now predictable effects it has on the game.  That, along with CREATIVE use of Reward Challenges to grant other powers is fine.  Even Survivor Auction Time is okay, as long as whatever they get is sneakily unobvious.

A few people here have suggested alternate ideas, but overall I think one concept I'd like is that the best powers should also have a RISK involved too (or at least a possible mitigation). 

And as someone else said, the early game needs more Reward Challenges.  But FUCK fishing nets and tarps.  Make the Rewards, as I said, ADVANTAGES for gameplay for the team.  Not huge ones, but just an extra bit of knowledge (like advanced notice of the nature of the Immunity Challenge or a few extra seconds in any kind of Immunity "race"). 

Oh, I also think it might be interesting to have winnable prizes that inherently don't help the winner, but only their allies.  For example, something presented as just a mystery prize, that's only revealed when you are booted--and it turns out to be the power to grant an exclusive Idol clue to a person of your choice on your departure.  Something like this boosts the social aspects of the game, so it's all good IMO.

• Love 3

They could do an all Idol season.  Every player gets to draw an Idol at the start of the game (or compete for it).  Each Idol has a unique power.  Some are uber powerful and some are not so hot.  Everyone knows everyone else has an Idol but not what they do.  Everyone would be making outlandish threats about what their Idol can do.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I said it on TWoP, and I need to throw this out again: why not hide an immunity idol in the tribal idol? Even with clues, I don't think it would dawn on people to not poke around in the various nooks and crannies. Just squeeze or shake the idol in a certain way, and out pops a smaller idol for personal use.

Oh, and down with Redemption Island and Blood Vs. Water, though I'd suspect Probst would immediately dismiss me as a non-fan.

ETA: I like the idea of tribal-exclusive idols, especially in a "One World" setting. Just because one of those got into Colton's grubby mitts doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I think the solution is simply having a variety of challenges. It would make them more memorable, too - pretty much all of the big challenge moments people remember are from challenges that aren't done any more, like "Heidi, do you have any shampoo?", or Fairplay vs. Lill in a simple "How much do you want it?" endurance challenge, or various people getting stumped by trick questions in quiz challenges, or so on, and I think a lot of it is that those moments were in challenges that stood out within their own season. We just don't get that any more.

I would love to see them change up the challenges a bit. I am super tired of the run out somewhere and get some puzzle pieces and then build said puzzle. I get what they are trying to do by making the challenges more well rounded so that one team can't dominate. But I think you would get the results if you had it so that there were some challenges that were purely physical, and some challenges that were purely mental (like here's a puzzle put it together as fast as you can). Plus not knowing what type of challenges is coming next during the team phase could really mix up how voting is done. I mean you don't want to get rid of your smart guy if the next three challenges are going to be just building things.

Also I agree with the above poster who said they should dial back the type of rewards they get. I am kind of ok with the individual rewards being a bit more lavish, since it kind of messes with the alliances a bit (especially when random teams go on rewards together). But for the team rewards make them just slightly better than not having them. I am talking like here is a blanket, or here is some toilet paper or here is some potatoes to go with the rice. Not here is a 7 course catered meal.  

Plus with the individual reward challenges, when someone wins they should take away the option for who he/she gets to take with him. Either make it random, or make it that they have to go with the 2nd or 3rd place person.

• Love 2

Stop feeding them so much!  I loved it when they were so hungry on a reward that they fell face first into the food.  Now, they sit down, put a napkin in their lap and chat.  

I am surprised that everyone doesn't know that a picnic basket on a reward always contains and idol clue.  There should be a mad scramble to get there first, but there never is.  I digress.  They have to be more creative in hiding the IIs.  Any land mark at camp signals an II.  

Maybe try a season without any.  We all enjoyed the earlier ones without them.  

• Love 3

I would LOVE a season with no hidden immunity idol. Everyone will be expecting it....they get there....nothing. And I agree on the food, but then again we don't know if players suffered from illness due to not eating, and that's why they changed it.

• Love 1

I would LOVE a season with no hidden immunity idol. Everyone will be expecting it....they get there....nothing. And I agree on the food, but then again we don't know if players suffered from illness due to not eating, and that's why they changed it.

Yes, the really overdid it in Australia and that signaled more food.  I get that.  But, now, a little less is required for my viewing pleasure!  

• Love 1