Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Boondoggie

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

You must have been a hoot at parties. Back then, it was either Team Farscape or Team Babylon 5. Poor DS9, always trailing the two.

Really? I didn't know there were "teams." I just love me some good sci-fi.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

When Killjoys first premiered, I thought Dutch and Johnny were a thing and I was sort of pissed that D'Avin came between them. But then cooler heads prevailed and that turned into a sort of proxy-sex. Johnny and Dutch wouldn't do it and take a chance on screwing their friendship. So Dutch slept with pseudo-Johnny. Zero chemistry there and I hope that experiment will never be tried again.

I watched the first season after its original airing run, so I hadn't kept up with in-season reviews/interviews/etc.  When I first watched the series premiere, my immediate thought was "well, won't have to guess what the main romantic pairing is going to be over the course of the series, or at least the end-game".  And then the whole Du/D'a thing happened, and at first it pissed me off too, but then I remembered Johnny's reaction - not to mention other weird tiny little tidbits from S1 - and its kept my Du/J ship (tiny) flame lit ever since. 

Scenes and instances from most of last season, and in this episode, have only kept adding fuel to the flickering flame.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KaleyFirefly said:

Really? I didn't know there were "teams." I just love me some good sci-fi.

LOL, the battle was fierce back then. SciFi fans fought (verbally, of course) and each team tried to defend their honor. The fight intensified when B5 and DS9 premiered nearly together. Each side claimed the other side was a rip off of the other.  Farscape fans stood on the sidelines looking smug. Try Googling "Farscape vs Babylon 5 vs Deep Space 9".

1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

LOL, the battle was fierce back then. SciFi fans fought (verbally, of course) and each team tried to defend their honor. The fight intensified when B5 and DS9 premiered nearly together. Each side claimed the other side was a rip off of the other.  Farscape fans stood on the sidelines looking smug. Try Googling "Farscape vs Babylon 5 vs Deep Space 9".

Hey, these days I'm just happy when I meet someone IRL that I can talk to about the (sci-fi/fantasy) shows I watch, without them thinking I'm a "geek" or whatever.

• Love 3
(edited)
33 minutes ago, KaleyFirefly said:

Hey, these days I'm just happy when I meet someone IRL that I can talk to about the (sci-fi/fantasy) shows I watch, without them thinking I'm a "geek" or whatever.

Nothing wrong with being a geek. Wish my sons were geeks, well, I have one son who is a geek, the other two are non-geeks. I can't figure out what went wrong with them. I've read and watched watched Scifi/Fantasy since I was a kid.

Oops, it did tend to get on, didn't it?. How do I delete this post? I know you @The Crazed Spruce can do it, but I would like to at least know how.

Edited by Jacks-Son

The posts can stand. We don't mind if conversations go off on a tangent, so long as it doesn't dominate the thread.

(And you can edit your posts for a short while after posting. If you want it deleted, just replace the text with "please delete this" or somesuch, and one of the mods will take care of it for you. :) )

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

You must have been a hoot at parties. Back then, it was either Team Farscape or Team Babylon 5. Poor DS9, always trailing the two.

When Killjoys first premiered, I thought Dutch and Johnny were a thing and I was sort of pissed that D'Avin came between them. But then cooler heads prevailed and that turned into a sort of proxy-sex. Johnny and Dutch wouldn't do it and take a chance on screwing their friendship. So Dutch slept with pseudo-Johnny. Zero chemistry there and I hope that experiment will never be tried again.

I didn't like the D'Avin  & Dutch thing either. It felt off & definitely lacked chemistry. I hope it can fade into forgotten territory. 

Johnny & Dutch are so good together. I would be sad if they put them together-together & it didn't work. That being said, the actors do have wonderful chemistry & it's hard not to let the mind go there. 

Off topic moment: Crazy, mad love for Farscape! And Leverage was brought up which makes my heart flutter. If Fringe were mentioned too I might melt in a puddle of show-loving happiness. 

Killjoys reminds me of the fun that Syfy the channel can be (Eureka, Warehouse 13.) The channel has its ups & downs but as a sci-fi fan I'm glad they keep trying shows like this & (so far, crossing fingers) giving them a chance to grow. 

Edited by ramble
Punctuation
  • Love 4
(edited)

I LOVED Fringe, but to me it belongs more in the X-Files category of Science fiction.

The show I compare Killjoys to is Firefly, which never lived long enough to disappoint us. *Sniff*. Killjoys seems to take place in another solar system that was settled by people from Earth (?), and there are no aliens that we know of.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ramble said:

Off topic moment: Crazy, mad love for Farscape! And Leverage was brought up which makes my heart flutter. If Fringe were mentioned too I might melt in a puddle of show-loving happiness. 

Killjoys reminds me of the fun that Syfy the channel can be (Eureka, Warehouse 13.) The channel has its ups & downs but as a sci-fi fan I'm glad they keep trying shows like this & (so far, crossing fingers) giving them a chance to grow. 

Taking reply to the Small Talk thread...

(edited)

I'm so thrilled that the season started strong! This show is just a bundle of fun and I enjoy it on pretty much every level : repartee, wardrobe, characters and story. 

One small lack was not enough Pree or Alvis. I am apparently one of the few who favours Dutch with Alvis and not one of the brothers. So I am a bit disappointed that they had almost no interaction between those 2 in the premier. 

However, I do love how the pairings shook down for the scenes so far. D'Avin and Fancy together are my favorite forever. But Pree and Alvis are also entertaining. Although I feel strongly that someone whose warlord name was "Big Daddy Scrimshaw" would not be last into the bunker during a raid!

Turin and his glorious mane are welcome in any part of the story as far as I am concerned. I am worried about the RAC developments though, with the new powers that be showing up in the shape of the new dragon lady. I feel that the season can become bogged down awfully quick. We already have the Factory storyline with Jonny, the looming Hullen threat and the inevitable Dutch/Aneela showdown as well as a number of new characters. That is a lot to fit into the paltry 10 episodes that we get every year. 

Part of my resistance to a new antagonist is that I feel they will inevitably pale in comparison to Khlyen. Who was pretty fanatically evil even when he was on your side! I greatly regret that he was killed off and I'm pretty sure that we will not be lucky enough to get a duplicate version of him. 

I am finding the unfolding Hack-mod society pretty interesting. If Clara has to be missing at least we are getting some well thought out world building in return. Also the show gets extra bonus points for every scene of Johnny geeking out about his new cyber-toys!

Edited by CaptainTightpants
spelling
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/6/2017 at 9:57 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

One small lack was not enough Pree or Alvis

Yes! More Pree please. You mentioned the costumes, @CaptainTightpants. Pree gets my award for best-dressed, chaffing notwithstanding. And Fancy lives up to his name.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1