Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Arctic Mega Storm

• Start Topic

The music montage at the cold intro was one of the worst things I ever saw on this show, in large part due to that awful song.

Wild Bill hamming it up for the camera "cha-ching!" and repeating "rock star" seemed a bit desperate.

Sig demonstrated his long experience and expertise as a captain weaving in and out of the troughs.   I shudder to think of what might happen if someone like Jake Anderson found himself in similar circumstances

• Love 4

How did Bill not go postal about being out of the loop on the dearth of cod available?  How did he then refrain from a pointed speech to them that they would now have to harvest cod in weather far worse than they otherwise faced (and I suspect this was the reason they clammed up (not wanting to fish for cod))?

No way was that storm as bad as many previously featured in this series.  It was plenty bad enough, but epically bad?  Nope.  Heck, just this season several captains abandoned the harvest due to weather.  They all kept keeping on through this one.

I am guessing that the next superstorm Disco hypes is the one that actually sunk an F/V.  

• Love 3

Was about to say the same thing, LR.

That I really thought Wild Bill would really go off on his crew about the cod.   He certainly been more pissed about lesser things on the boat.  Do I dare say it?...maybe Bill is mellowing somewhat? 

Either that or he felt those guys fishing in that terrible weather was punishment enough for them.  :)

• Love 4

Lonesome Rhodes - Typical disco "This is the worst storm the fishing fleet has ever faced" story line.  I was also surprised that Wild Bill did not go ballistic on his crew. I don't know if he is mellowing.....   Brgjoe - I agree, maybe he just felt fishing in that weather was punishment enough.  I don't think Jake A. could have been able to handle that storm like Sig did, but he does have almost 30 years more experience than Jake.

• Love 1