Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Do you have fics that you'd love to recommend or specific types of fics that you'd love to read and are hoping others can help you find? Do you have ideas for fics that you'd love to bounce off people? If so, you've come to the right place!

I'm always eager to read fics that emphasize some of the show's familial relationships, including/especially Lorelai/Rory, and friendships (most notably ParisRory!) in addition to or even instead of romances. If anyone ever writes or finds any that seem to play up the show's friendships and parent/child relationships, please let me know! Meanwhile, I'm eager to check out any other recommendations as well :) 

I won't presume to speak for Eledgy, but I will point out that so far she's written almost 155,000 words and 25 chapters of this epic story. I can't wait for the next chapter, either. Without a doubt it's one of the best things I've ever read. What a joy it is to have a story of this caliber to look forward to! Let's all send her some love and encouragement until the next update gets posted!

• Love 1

Hi!

Haven't been over here at the new digs too much--but how nice is it to find shout outs for my fic?!

I'm still plugging away on it Christine, thank you so much for coming to ask after it! I'm hoping to get the next chapter to DFC, beta extraordinaire, later this week, and then posted ASAP after that. I'm also trying to build up a buffer of more chapters, as I seem to write more steadily when I have a little lag time between what I'm writing and what's ready to post. (If that makes sense....I'm tired tonight!)

And speaking of DFC--- thanks for the love, as always! (Also, I've got her amazing chapter 4 of Preventive Maintenance on tap to beta tomorrow-- I'll hurry 'cause I think y'all are gonna love it...)

• Love 1

Yay! Thanks for the replies DFC and Eledgy :)

I don't like to pressure writers, I'm sure there are lots of ups and downs and distractions. So mainly I was just curious. But yes, I love the story and I can't wait for more! 

So glad to see so many names I recognise here! The post twop world wont be such a dark place after all.

Back on topic....

Given the nature of the show its interesting that we never had either a Mothers Day or Fathers Day episode. I think it would've made a good study to compare a season one Mothers Day eppy to a season 6/7 one. The Lorelai/Emily dynamic was in two vastly different places.

Also, given the penchant for town quirk and festivals, we are still short a Halloween episode, a St Patricks Day one, a New Years and a Valentines eppy. Plenty of fodder for fanfic perhaps?!

Given the nature of the show its interesting that we never had either a Mothers Day or Fathers Day episode.

I know, right?! Seven full-length seasons, and the quintessential mother/daughter show doesn't even make a single allusion to Mother's Day?! I'm so glad people are going to remedy that in fanfic :) A huge thanks to all those keeping the GG love alive in so many different and wonderful ways! 

Do you have fics that you'd love to recommend or specific types of fics that you'd love to read and are hoping others can help you find? Do you have ideas for fics that you'd love to bounce off people? If so, you've come to the right place!

I'm always eager to read fics that emphasize some of the show's familial relationships, including/especially Lorelai/Rory, and friendships (most notably ParisRory!) in addition to or even instead of romances. If anyone ever writes or finds any that seem to play up the show's friendships and parent/child relationships, please let me know! Meanwhile, I'm eager to check out any other recommendations as well :) 

Your wish is my command - behold, a sweet, fluffy fic about Lorelai and Rory and first snow. 

The Undisputed Snow Queen

• Love 1

Hello, all! Did you know tomorrow is Father's Day? Would you like to read some stories about Father's Day? We sure hope so, because Fish Bag threw out a challenge to create some stories with a Father's Day theme, and I know there are going to be at least FOUR of them popping up. Stay tuned, and check out FF in the morning!

and I know there are going to be at least FOUR of them popping up. Stay tuned, and check out FF in the morning!

Okay, that's three. Where's this mystery fourth one? Who's holding out? I'm excited! Awaiting your pimp, DFC.  MsTaken, I hope you like these stories. I know they've got JJ undertones, but primarily, it was a family themed challenge. Enjoy!

I'd actually already decided that I was going to devote part of this weekend to catching up on the 12 zillion fics I haven't had a chance to read, so now it looks like I have even more to add to be bulging 'to be read' file :) 

Fishbag, I'm so flattered that you mentioned me! I have no doubt that I'll absolutely love the stories. I'll look forward to devouring them! 

Hi, me again. I can't believe I'm getting to pimp TWO stories in one week! Whoo-hoo!!!

This time, instead of a birthday party, there's a bonfire going on in Stars Hollow. Fish Bag has posted an amazing new story.

From the Frying Pan into the Fire

Be aware that all is not happy in our little world in this first chapter, but Fish Bag is an incredibly talented writer, and I have no doubt that this story will be on many favorites' lists for years to come. Please go read it and encourage her to continue to share her brilliant stories with us.

Edited by deepfriedcake
  • Love 1

This is really the only Gilmore Girls fic that I've read and loved:

The Birthday Party by Elseajay

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6179639/1/The-Birthday-Party

Summary: April's birthday party brings an unexpected twist which changes Luke's and Lorelai's lives forever. Late sixth season.

Does anyone have any good, preferably complete fics where Luke and Lorelai met and dated/married pre-series, when Rory was younger. Maybe fics where Rory grew up with Luke as her step-dad.