Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: A New Baby

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Her "48 hours of hard labor" with Spurgeon couldn't have been *that* bad. She was out about 24 hours before his birth at her birthday lunch with family and friends. Doesn't sound like "hard labor" to me. We know how the Duggars love to exaggerate and how Jill claimed 72 hours of labor. Yes, she let her labor go too long, but that's because she failed to recognize that Izzy was transverse, and she needed to be at a hospital until it was almost too late. 

Bottom line, exaggeration happens, except with Wilberforce, who came pretty quickly and smoothly.

I don't know, those tears seemed pretty spontaneous and relief filled to me, at least.

• Love 5
(edited)

The house he just bought isn't near anything. It's even more rural than the TTH location. It's still listed in Fayetteville but mentioned the town to the east (I want to say Elkins, but  NOT Springdale or even Tintitown) as its school district. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
3 minutes ago, Bunnygirl said:

I don't know, those tears seemed pretty spontaneous and relief filled to me, at least.

Oh, I agree that Jessa cried partially due to relief. Maybe she'd been delivered of the placenta, which, IIRC, was the big issue for her blood loss last time.

• Love 2
(edited)

@floridamom I realize that. I mentioned it to illustrate that Austin's latest reclamation project is in what appears to be an unincorporated part of Fayetteville, so far from the town itself that Fayetteville won't even allow children living there to use its school system, but instead, use the town next door, which is indeed Elkins. See where it's located next to Fayetteville to its northwest. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elkins,_Arkansas#Education

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I watched this episode on youtube.  I was heartened to hear Jessa say that all had gone well at her "appointments".  So maybe she did have prenatal care.  I have to say that she did seem delighted with her new baby and her quick delivery.  Maybe it's fake, but she seems to really enjoy motherhood.  Jinger does not seem eager to participate in any birth, at least not for now.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, Twopper said:

I think Jessa meant she didn't want Henry to get stuck with the usual nickname of Hank.  I could be wrong, but I don't think she want him called Wilber or Hank or Force.  I hope maybe they will rethink Spurgeon's name and start calling him Charles Spurgeon and then gradually dropped the Spurgeon, but knowing them they may change Henry to Wilberforce.   I wonder who will be the first Duggar child to send their children to regular school.

I cannot watch Derrick; his hair is greasy and looks dreadful, and his beard is very unattractive to me.  I look at him and wonder if he could have Marfan's syndrome.  

I've stated that before too about Derrik's condition.  He sure does appear to have that syndrome. (Maybe, he knows, but doesn't broadcast it.)  Wouldn't you think that with all the doctors, he's seen, they would have picked up on it by now?  I mean, I'm not a healthcare provider, but, I just read a lot and I thought he looked like Marfan's the first couple of times that I saw him.  It's a distinctive look.  Of course, maybe, I"m wrong.

I guess my fantasy, is that one day, one of the mothers will be discussing her children and say that 3 is enough for awhile.  That their hands are full and they are giving as much time to each child as possible and that having more infants would spread them too thin.  Better to give lots of time and attention to just 3 for now......I know....it's just a dream.  lol  Do you think that it will ever happen?  Is it possible that if the couple has only BOYS that by number 5, they'll quit due to mommy not having enough backup from her daughters?  When they announce a pregnancy, I pray it will be a boy.  I want them all to have only boys.  With no one to assume mommy roles at a tender age, it might help a little. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
(edited)

The odd things I randomly noticed:

I LOVE seeing inside other peoples' refrigerators!  I am always curious about what's inside ,and especially how it's organized. I'll try not to be seen as too much of a snoop and just take a quick peek when available.

So I had to replay the scene when the shower planner opened the Duggars' fridge, over and over! It was poorly organized and not much food. But on the side of the door, were 2 rows of plastic lemon juice containers. Then they showed Jordyn sucking on one of them.  Just weird!

Jenni appeared just as crestfallen and unhappy as she always does.

When the kids were all awakened at 6:20 AM with news of Henry's birth, everyone was dressed.  Proof that they do sleep in day clothes! Only one Lost Girl was clad in a nightgown. Some kids had been sleeping on sofas.

When Grandma was holding Henry, did anyone else notice that he appeared to be struggling to breath? His closed lips were puffing too quickly.

Every time Joy speaks, she sounds like she is reciting memorized lines, especially Talking Heads.

One more thing.  The back, industrial kitchen was a filthy, cluttered mess.  And mops (I can just smell the unrinsed, mildew smell!), brooms, etc just thrown every where.  A house that huge should surely have a utility closet where these items can be stored on the wall.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 10
(edited)

Jill always sounds like an inarticulate teenager whenever she speaks. Also, what is the point of teaching Israel he has a baby in his belly? I know he's young and can't fully grasp concepts yet, but won't this kind of thing just serve to confuse him? For this and many other reasons, it's clear that Jessa is by far the better mom.

Jessa also seems to have a keen awareness of what the general public says about her and the family and tries to use this knowledge to make herself appear more likeable. She appears to be the savviest of the bunch.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 9

I know we have speculated t length about Jessa's decision to labor at home, but...... I really got a vibe from her that she really wished she was at a hospital.  I wonder if the issue is money/ lack of insurance? Or have the members of her cult embraced the fetishization of home birth/ natural birth/ unassisted birth?  I know that there is a whole subset of people out there who vilify moms who want a hospital birth, ESPECIALLY medicated, and they do a lot to scare expectant moms. "Oh, don't go to the hospital! Those EBIL DOCTORS! They'll drug you against your will and give you a giant episiotomy and not let you breast feed...." etc etc.  

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, louannems said:

The odd things I randomly noticed:

I LOVE seeing inside other peoples' refrigerators!  I am always curious about what's inside ,and especially how it's organized. I'll try not to be seen as too much of a snoop and just take a quick peek when available.

So I had to replay the scene when the shower planner opened the Duggars' fridge, over and over! It was poorly organized and not much food. But on the side of the door, were 2 rows of plastic lemon juice containers. Then they showed Jordyn sucking on one of them.  Just weird.

Ok. Full disclosure. Open up my fridge and you will find wine. Hey, come on over. I have my priorities.

Also, I have food in my refrigerator. Lots of food. I have this crazy wonderful habit of cooking for the week on Sundays. Seriously, every burner is going, every rack in the oven is filled. But I can work 2-3 hours on a Sunday and be lazy for the week. And I *LOVE* to cook! So, come over any day (especially Sundays!)

Edited by Westiepeach
Apparently I do not know how to end sentences.
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Ok. Full disclosure. Open up my fridge and you will find wine. Hey, come on over. I have my priorities.

Also, I have food in my refrigerator. Lots of food. I have this crazy wonderful habit of cooking for the week on Sundays. Seriously, every burner is going, every rack in the oven is filled. But I can work 2-3 hours on a Sunday and be lazy for the week. And I *LOVE* to cook! So, come over any day (especially Sundays!)

I am retired now, but all  during my working years, I did the same thing!  Something in the oven, something on the burners, and something in the crock pot.  I also portioned out 5 Rubbermaid containers with my work food.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, louannems said:

So I had to replay the scene when the shower planner opened the Duggars' fridge, over and over! It was poorly organized and not much food. But on the side of the door, were 2 rows of plastic lemon juice containers. Then they showed Jordyn sucking on one of them.  Just weird!

I noticed those too! Very weird. I hope the kids aren't just drinking them straight on a regular basis. That is SO bad for tooth enamel and it seems like it would make stomachs pretty upset, too. Maybe they were for some big batch recipe (didn't Sierra make a soup with lemon?) and Jordyn just happened to grab one. 

• Love 1

I've stated that before too about Derrik's condition.  He sure does appear to have that syndrome. (Maybe, he knows, but doesn't broadcast it.)  Wouldn't you think that with all the doctors, he's seen, they would have picked up on it by now?  I mean, I'm not a healthcare provider, but, I just read a lot and I thought he looked like Marfan's the first couple of times that I saw him.  It's a distinctive look.  Of course, maybe, I"m wrong.

I guess my fantasy, is that one day, one of the mothers will be discussing her children and say that 3 is enough for awhile.  That their hands are full and they are giving as much time to each child as possible and that having more infants would spread them too thin.  Better to give lots of time and attention to just 3 for now......I know....it's just a dream.  lol  Do you think that it will ever happen?  Is it possible that if the couple has only BOYS that by number 5, they'll quit due to mommy not having enough backup from her daughters?  When they announce a pregnancy, I pray it will be a boy.  I want them all to have only boys.  With no one to assume mommy roles at a tender age, it might help a little. 

Well, I had a vague recollection that Marfan's might have been mentioned.  There is a distinct look that many have, but we are going through determining if my godson,18 y/o --and perhaps his sister--has it, and I am finding that it isn't always so easy to spot.   I don't think a doc is going to pick up easily on it unless someone really seems to have all the characteristics or develops a health issue that leads to a diagnosis.  Right now, we are waiting for genetic testing.   He was having health issues and a trip to the pediatric cardiologist found an aortic aneurysm.  Other than being somewhat tall and lean, he has no other outward manifestation of it.  And maybe, God willing, he doesn't have.  But the docs said that it isn't unheard of for it to not be noticed and diagnosed until the teens or adulthood.  I think Derrick just looks awful.  I know he has some health issues and moving back and forth to wherever they are in Central America from Arkansas cannot be really good for him.  He just looks like he hasn't washed his hair in ages; I don't think facial hair is a good look on him at all.  I keep hoping one couple will break away a little from Duggarworld, but I no longer think it will be Derrick and Jill despite their being out of the country.  They both seem unhappy.

I don't know if any will stop at three.  I do think at some point several of them are going to at least try to start spacing the babies further apart because they will remember how it was to be a buddy to a buddy group.  Some of the younger kids who had buddies, but no parents for the most part, may even decide not to marry.  I think once the TLC gravy train finally dries up, that will relieve some pressure to have so many kids and also economic concerns will take over.  I am sure they are noticing Anna trying to handle 4 young children while being pregnant and seeing it really isn't easy plus they may have heard of how their mom had a break down in the laundry room leading to the buddy system.  And their grandmother only had two so they know you can be an ok Christian and not have to have 10-20 kids.  I think once the cameras go away permanently (or at least only stop by for a once a year update) that there will be several couples that become  much more mainstream.  I think there will be a lot of stress from the fact that TLC money allowed them so many experiences that they will not be able to replicate in their own families. 

• Love 9

watching the scene jwhen they were getting ready to go out to Tacos4life and Jessa was holding Spurgeon while Bean was talking and Spurg put his hand in Jessa's face, she wretched his arm away sooooo fast ! Then he hit her cheek no the look of anger on Jessa's face, I'm not sure Jessa will be the calm and easygoing Mom she likes portray, when she isn't instantly obeyed.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think once the TLC gravy train finally dries up, that will relieve some pressure to have so many kids and also economic concerns will take over.  I am sure they are noticing Anna trying to handle 4 young children while being pregnant and seeing it really isn't easy plus they may have heard of how their mom had a break down in the laundry room leading to the buddy system.  And their grandmother only had two so they know you can be an ok Christian and not have to have 10-20 kids.  I think once the cameras go away permanently (or at least only stop by for a once a year update) that there will be several couples that become  much more mainstream.  I think there will be a lot of stress from the fact that TLC money allowed them so many experiences that they will not be able to replicate in their own families. 

You could be right. But I think the Duggarlings quietly harbor feelings of superiority toward Anna and maybe even some contempt toward her. The Duggars were reared in such an authoritarian manner that I think they are all variously emotionally stunted and prone to deny/sublimate negative emotions such as fear. Seeing their big brother exposed for his sleazy behavior by the Ashley Madison scandal must have shaken many of them a lot. After all, he'd been "saved" after his teenaged misbehavior (of COURSE it was trivialized by the crazy greedy Duggar parents, declared "solved by Jesus!", and shoved under the rug). He was the anointed Duggar Prince.

And when the Prince was exposed as Joshley Madison? I think that many of the older kids must have been not just upset, but fearful. Their legalistic belief system says: do these things (never go off the compound without an accountability partner, for instance) + don't do certain other things (wimmin wearing trousers, for instance) = Jesus will see to it that your life really rocks and all is well. The Joshley Madison scandal must have really screwed with that. 

I think the older Duggarlings have coped with those fears by blaming Anna in some fashion. She must not be all that and a bag of chips, if she let Satan build a fortress in Josh's heart. So they probably watch her coping with 4 kids + a pregnancy with a tinge of superiority and contempt. Sure, Jill hopped to the "rescue" when one of the M's hit his head in the store, but the cameras were rolling and the Duggars basically grew up in front of a TLC crew and understand performing for the show even if most of them are kinda cr*ppy at it. I bet some of them (off camera) have quietly thrown some shade at Anna for letting that happen. (Sure, MOTY MEchelle let one of her kids fall down an orchestra pit, but, she's Goddess MEchelle and Anna ain't.)

Also, I'm not sure they think their Grandma is really an "ok Christian." But unlike Anna, she's their blood kin and apparently has been amazingly generous with her time and hard work to keep their household running. And, she owns real estate. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

You could be right. But I think the Duggarlings quietly harbor feelings of superiority toward Anna and maybe even some contempt toward her. The Duggars were reared in such an authoritarian manner that I think they are all variously emotionally stunted and prone to deny/sublimate negative emotions such as fear. Seeing their big brother exposed for his sleazy behavior by the Ashley Madison scandal must have shaken many of them a lot. After all, he'd been "saved" after his teenaged misbehavior (of COURSE it was trivialized by the crazy greedy Duggar parents, declared "solved by Jesus!", and shoved under the rug). He was the anointed Duggar Prince.

And when the Prince was exposed as Joshley Madison? I think that many of the older kids must have been not just upset, but fearful. Their legalistic belief system says: do these things (never go off the compound without an accountability partner, for instance) + don't do certain other things (wimmin wearing trousers, for instance) = Jesus will see to it that your life really rocks and all is well. The Joshley Madison scandal must have really screwed with that. 

I think the older Duggarlings have coped with those fears by blaming Anna in some fashion. She must not be all that and a bag of chips, if she let Satan build a fortress in Josh's heart. So they probably watch her coping with 4 kids + a pregnancy with a tinge of superiority and contempt. Sure, Jill hopped to the "rescue" when one of the M's hit his head in the store, but the cameras were rolling and the Duggars basically grew up in front of a TLC crew and understand performing for the show even if most of them are kinda cr*ppy at it. I bet some of them (off camera) have quietly thrown some shade at Anna for letting that happen. (Sure, MOTY MEchelle let one of her kids fall down an orchestra pit, but, she's Goddess MEchelle and Anna ain't.)

Also, I'm not sure they think their Grandma is really an "ok Christian." But unlike Anna, she's their blood kin and apparently has been amazingly generous with her time and hard work to keep their household running. And, she owns real estate. 

I think Anna and Josh's siblings have never been on the same page. The move to DC and the better job wasn't supported by the Duggar family, and I think she wanted that more than Josh. Before the scandals, I'd say Anna felt she was better than them, there was upward mobility and nicer clothes and I don't think she was content to be just another white trash Duggar in Springdale. 

I bet Josh's recent and ill advised attempt to latch on to the J-slave lawsuit was partly her idea and won her no friends in the Duggar family. 

• Love 3

And, as I didn't get around to actually saying above, lol:

I'm not sure that any of the Duggarlings will look at Anna's struggle to cope with 4 small kids while pregnant, and question their own programming. I don't see Jessa, Jill, Joy or even Jinger thinking, "oh, maybe having at least a half dozen kids as fast as possible wouldn't be a great idea for me." Instead, they probably just think, "Anna can't cope. Too bad."

If Jinger's not all into the birthings, as we saw on the show, she's a Duggar outlier, but I don't ascribe it to any empathy for Anna.

• Love 5

I don't think the Duggars care that Anna was struggling with her 4 kids in the store as it was just one scene. Anna and Jill simply dropped the kids on Jessa, who took them to the TTH (not her house), and dumped them on the lost girls. When the last lost girl is gone, their own crews will be able to take over. It's a renewable resource of children raising children. As long as they stay on the compound, or close to the compound, as JB had hoped, the Duggs can 'raise' their army of dependent and stifled children for gawd. 

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I don't think the Duggars care that Anna was struggling with her 4 kids in the store as it was just one scene. Anna and Jill simply dropped the kids on Jessa, who took them to the TTH (not her house), and dumped them on the lost girls. When the last lost girl is gone, their own crews will be able to take over. It's a renewable resource of children raising children. As long as they stay on the compound, or close to the compound, as JB had hoped, the Duggs can 'raise' their army of dependent and stifled children for gawd. 

Ugh, it's just so sick, isn't it? By the time the Littles are married and on their own, Mack and the J'Slaves' female spawn will be at an age to raise the next generation of babies. And Jana will probably still be single and living in the Tinker Toy Prison. It's such a bizarre and twisted system, but I guess it makes sense. Do nothing but shove babies down these girls' throats from birth and they grow up knowing no other way of life. The cycle just repeats and repeats.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

I haven't seen anything but respect and admiration for Anna by the family.  I don't see her having any unsavory goals or aspirations.  That's my take on it. I think Anna has a very skewed sense of parenting though.  Like, having another baby on the heels of recovering from such an horrendous crisis in her marriage.  When you need less stress, more rest, more time, less work,......she picks the opposite.  She may not see that as selfish or ill conceived, but, I chalk that up to some kind of deficit in her reasoning.  My heart always goes out to McKenzie.  

I am loving all these sons though.  I hope that continues.  I know it must be disappointing for the mothers that they won't have free help in the home, but, so be it.  I hope they have zero daughters.  It's only fair.  I will be very annoyed if they attempt to adopt a 9 year old daughter.  That would make me suspicious. I hope they don't have the nerve to do that and if they do, there is an outcry from the public.  Certainly, an adoption agency would pick up on that, right?

• Love 7
(edited)

If any Duggarlings do adopt (looking at you, Jessa & Bin), my money's on it being a private adoption. I know there's a bit of legal review under Arkansas law - I think it may be a home study and report to the court in the adoption proceeding.

If some fundie parents want their unmarried teenaged daughter's baby to be adopted out, and a Duggarling wants it and is willing to pay the legal fees etc.? I'm sure it will be a done deal. There was a scandal a couple of years ago when a [conservative Republican, evangelical Christian] state legislator and his wife adopted three little girls, then "rehomed" them with a guy who raped one of the girls. Even in the aftermath of that, I doubt that any Duggar, even Josh, would lack the clout to adopt at will in Arkansas. Sure there would be whatever home study is mandated by statute, but I doubt that the state gubmint could, even it it wanted to, prevent such a private adoption.

ETA: based on comments below, I assume that any such Duggar adoption would happen only IF JB were okay with it and got involved. I don't see Jessa and Bin, for all their yakking about it, having the drive and discipline to even get through the formalities required for a private adoption. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1

I'd like to know what Mackyzie's daily jurisdictions are. I feel bad for her. They have NEVER mentioned just what she does for her mom. I'm sure she's doing more than the average little girl her age.

• Love 4

I remember that case. The husband was a politician who used his clout to push the adoption through even though the girls' foster parents and social workers were adamantly opposed to it. I could absolutely see the Duggars doing something similar if they wanted to get their hands on a baby badly enough. 

Personally, I don't think Jessa should adopt. She's great with her own kids, but cold and indifferent to other peoples' children. I don't see her as the type who could have a successful blended family. 

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'd like to know what Mackyzie's daily jurisdictions are. I feel bad for her. They have NEVER mentioned just what she does for her mom. I'm sure she's doing more than the average little girl her age.

I don't know about Jessa and Ben adopting.  I don't get it.  They just seem to mouth the words, but, despite saying this repeatedly, having guests over who have adopted, etc.  I see nothing to make me believe it.  They are still so immature, imo.  And, I'm not so sure they would pass a private adoption.  There are home studies and a judge has to approve it.  Certainly, someone around there has some sense. 

McKenzie may have changed almost as many diapers as her mom.  I mean, her role is to be mommy's helper, which includes childcare and housework, right?  This is probably one of my biggest beefs with their lifestyle.  It seems to fall hardest on the older daughters.  I'm not so sure the younger Duggar daughters have gotten this treatment though or maybe, it's just not shown on camera. The younger ones seem to have a bit of an attitude and they might just say that they don't want to do chores. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I remember that case. The husband was a politician who used his clout to push the adoption through even though the girls' foster parents and social workers were adamantly opposed to it. I could absolutely see the Duggars doing something similar if they wanted to get their hands on a baby badly enough. 

Personally, I don't think Jessa should adopt. She's great with her own kids, but cold and indifferent to other peoples' children. I don't see her as the type who could have a successful blended family. 

I don't think Jessa and Bin have the self-discipline and drive to pursue or accomplish a private adoption. They'd have to hire, and work with, an attorney, and I'm sure they'd need to coordinate a lot of details over an extended time period, keep appointments, and generally act like responsible adults.

These are Duggars. They can't even organize a birthday party for a one year old baby without reinforcements. Grownup stuff like a real legal adoption is way beyond their reach. 

The only way it happens is if for some reason Jessa really really wants it and JB agrees to help make it happen. He is used to closing business deals.

• Love 7

My theory about jessa and Ben adopting is that they were trying natural family planning early in their marriage, but were too stupid to make it work. They were both obsessed with their looks back then, especially their physiques, and working out like crazy. I think that in order to cut down on some of the hounding about having kids, they just threw the "adoption" thing out there, and now have to stick with it. They probably realize their chances of adopting are a long shot anyway!

after they had their oopsie Spurgie, jessa found out that...who knows? She really likes her own children! Once she got baby fever, now she is all about one-upping Jill and being the new breeder of the family. But she still has to keep up the facade about adoption...because...

• Love 2
On 7/8/2017 at 2:42 PM, Christina87 said:

My theory about jessa and Ben adopting is that they were trying natural family planning early in their marriage, but were too stupid to make it work. They were both obsessed with their looks back then, especially their physiques, and working out like crazy. I think that in order to cut down on some of the hounding about having kids, they just threw the "adoption" thing out there, and now have to stick with it. They probably realize their chances of adopting are a long shot anyway!

after they had their oopsie Spurgie, jessa found out that...who knows? She really likes her own children! Once she got baby fever, now she is all about one-upping Jill and being the new breeder of the family. But she still has to keep up the facade about adoption...because...

That's the same thing I was thinking! And Jessa definitely has the advantage, that she's had two successful vaginal births. I've been doing a lot of research and Jill's chances of ever delivering vaginally have plummeted after this second emergency c-section. What's more, the majority of doctors don't recommend more than 3 or 4 total c-sections, as the risk of uterine rupture and other complications goes way up. I wonder if there's any room in their belief system to heed that. I do actually feel badly for Jill.

• Love 2

IF the Duggars ever decided to adopt they wouldn't go the 'legal route'. They'd do an insular type of adoption from avenue within their Gothard system, so little things like "actually qualifying" wouldn't be applicable...remember, they 'do things a little differently'.

• Love 7
On 7/4/2017 at 10:46 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven't seen anything but respect and admiration for Anna by the family.  I don't see her having any unsavory goals or aspirations.  That's my take on it. I think Anna has a very skewed sense of parenting though.  Like, having another baby on the heels of recovering from such an horrendous crisis in her marriage.  When you need less stress, more rest, more time, less work,......she picks the opposite.  She may not see that as selfish or ill conceived, but, I chalk that up to some kind of deficit in her reasoning.  My heart always goes out to McKenzie.  

I am loving all these sons though.  I hope that continues.  I know it must be disappointing for the mothers that they won't have free help in the home, but, so be it.  I hope they have zero daughters.  It's only fair.  I will be very annoyed if they attempt to adopt a 9 year old daughter.  That would make me suspicious. I hope they don't have the nerve to do that and if they do, there is an outcry from the public.  Certainly, an adoption agency would pick up on that, right?

I once met a horrible homeschooling family that adopted a teenage girl from somewhere in Asia. They worked her all day in their home business and she talked about how heavy the buckets were that she had to carry up and down stairs, and how the garage where she worked was unheated. I only met them one time, when my parents were going through a "home church" phase. I often wonder where she is now and wish I had been older and wiser so I could have alerted CPS.

15 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I wouldn't call Spurgeon's home birth "successful." Jessa would have died if they hadn't quickly gotten her to the ER.

Well, my point is that she didn't have two emergency C-sections. In their world, that's devastating because it all but eliminates the possibility of having more than 4 or 5 children without something terrible happening.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, floridamom said:

IF the Duggars ever decided to adopt they wouldn't go the 'legal route'. They'd do an insular type of adoption from avenue within their Gothard system, so little things like "actually qualifying" wouldn't be applicable...remember, they 'do things a little differently'.

What pisses me off is that it is a code word the Duggars use that the rules/courtesies  that most of us follow don't apply to them.  They are God's special snow flakes & as such can make up their own rules or take a bible verse out of content to justify doing anything they want.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3