Type keyword(s) to search

Kingdom (US) - General Discussion

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

I just finished the last couple episodes with Lisa's return and I didn't understand her anger at Alvey because he had a girlfriend he was going to break up with. She was the one who dumped him, moved out, wanted out of the relationship and moved away. Now she's angry he has a new girlfriend? I hope Frank Grillo's wife sticks around, I like her character with Alvey better. She gives him some balance.

I loved Ryan being there for Jay in the bathroom during Nate's fight. I really want Jay to ditch sister.

Nate hate 7K hiding in his sock drawer? He couldn't have deposited it in small denominations at the bank? I feel bad for him, especially when Christina brings so much of this drama onto her sons who are the ones who have to parent her and not vice versa. 

• Love 1
On 7/11/2016 at 0:48 AM, Artsda said:

Nothing happened between them, she's still a cast member. The actress suffered a stillbirth, losing her baby boy weeks before he was due. She was written out for a period for mat leave before that happened. 

I try not to read much about the casts of shows I enjoy because I want to invest in the characters. So when a character behaves wildly out of character I assume it has something to do with real life issues. Sorry to hear that about her, but it does explain a lot.

On 7/21/2016 at 11:46 PM, Artsda said:

I just finished the last couple episodes with Lisa's return and I didn't understand her anger at Alvey because he had a girlfriend he was going to break up with. She was the one who dumped him, moved out, wanted out of the relationship and moved away. Now she's angry he has a new girlfriend? I hope Frank Grillo's wife sticks around, I like her character with Alvey better. She gives him some balance.

I loved Ryan being there for Jay in the bathroom during Nate's fight. I really want Jay to ditch sister.

Nate hate 7K hiding in his sock drawer? He couldn't have deposited it in small denominations at the bank? I feel bad for him, especially when Christina brings so much of this drama onto her sons who are the ones who have to parent her and not vice versa. 

I agree with you about Lisa and Alvey, but, since real life issues necessitated the storyline it's hard to blame the writing for the characters to be inconsistent.

They telegraphed the theft of Nate's money, etc., a mile away, but it was still difficult to watch. Christina might be "clean", but she's hardly made a transition back to the world. Addicts invite chaos. It's what we do. And then use the chaos and its aftermath to justify relapsing etc. Christina needs a group where no one is attracted to her, and she needs her own place and her own job. But it probably won't happen, because the show isn't about her, and the only way she serves the story is by creating dilemmas for her kids and/or Alvey.

Nate WAS idiotic to hide that money there! We've seen in the past that Christina goes on the occasional cleaning kick and would likely run across it. He also KNEW there was a sketchy person staying there. He probably has a locker at the gym. That was a contrivance. (Plus, Jay finding the note and calling the number? Why? It's not like he couldn't just hand it to Nate and ask him  about it. Nate's secretive, but it fits his low-key personality.)

Alicia's sister is just a junior Christina, which is probably what Christina reacted so negatively to.

That was quite and ending.  Jonathan Tucker was amazing!

I wasn't expecting Ava to last long the way she was going, but I expected her to die more at her own hands by OD'ing. I guess it kind of was still in a way her own hands with her asking a creepy stranger for drugs and go into his room with him. Her addiction still had a hand in her death.

• Love 1

Yes, he was beyond scuzzy looking, and she was obviously not thinking clearly. I cringe when I think back to the situations that I wandered into back when I was using (and those are the ones I actually remember!), so it's sad that it was inevitable.

I don't know what Jay was actually up to with Nate's phone. I can't recall whether Jay knows anything about Nate's personal life, or if he cares one way or another (not that he doesn't care about his brother's well-being, just that his sexuality or lack thereof never seemed to interest him), but that was a pretty annoying thing to do to both guys.

Keith is played for laughs so often that I tend to forget that he's a killer. Perhaps Alicia might consider getting her own place now that she's switching gyms.

On 4/3/2017 at 10:30 AM, Artsda said:

From the comments on that article:

Dead Westwick • on Apr 2, 2017 9:13 am

Leave it to Endemol Shine to destroy one of the best shows on TV. I wish this was an April Fools joke.

• on Apr 2, 2017 10:18 am

I am curious as to why this is ending, as the article doesn’t seem to offer any indication. This was a truly original, provocative show – a “bro opera” with a sensational cast, complex characters, and a slice of L.A. that never gets portrayed. If nothing else, it will serve as a great calling card for all the actors and has really shown that Frank Grillo has the goods.

Dead Westwick • on Apr 2, 2017 12:01 pm

Because Endemol (the producing company) wants zero to do with script series anymore and has dissolved their scripted division.

Kingdom Insider • on Apr 2, 2017 1:00 pm

The “geniuses” at Endemol-Shine are the culprits in killing one of the best dramas on television. DirecTV’s programming topper Chris Long bent over backwards to make a financial arrangement that would keep it on the air, but it fell on deaf ears. Sad and telling.

Dead Westwick • on Apr 2, 2017 2:30 pm

A-MEN. The fact that Endemol would rather continue making non union reality show garbage instead of one of the most well written, inexpensive 1hr dramas currently in the marketplace is a testament to their lack of culture and lack of understanding as to what they had in their hands. The world of scripted says good riddance to Endemol Shine.

I swear, if I were to win the lottery I would get into production to keep shows like this alive. They cancel so many things I enjoy to keep reality television going, and I've worn out of what little bit of that I watch. I'd make my own channel like Oprah so that good scripts and good acting didn't get tossed aside. 

(edited)

In the Season 3 premiere, Nate looks to prove himself in the cage; Ryan defends his title; Jay seeks balance in his new life; and, with plans to take King Beast to the next level, Garo presents Alvey with a lucrative offer.

Alvey seems more alcoholic than normal.

Jay has a family and is a realtor? I didn't see that coming.

Edited by Artsda

Lisa hires help at Navy St. so Alvey can focus on training; Jay struggles to adjust to working life; Garo tries to woo Ryan back to King Beast; Christina makes the best of a new situation; and Alvey forges a deeper bond with Nate.

Frank's real wife was on the show last year, Kiele's real husband this year? I just want a FNL reunion scene between Matt & Zach.

Loved seeing some real Jay come out. The whole whispering scene of Ryan asking him to come out was hilarious. Loved it and Jay trying to just drink water at the club.

Stupid Ryan he let a car and 300K end his UFC shot.

Interesting to see where Nate's secret will go now that it's out.

I know a show needs to like renew itself but I liked the old version of Kulinas & Co better tbh. I wonder if we will find out how Jay went from that very dark place to suit wearing family man?

Anyway, it's nice to have the show back and I will try to just enjoy the last ride.

I was dead certain there would be a Alvey-Ryan-Lisa love triangle this season but then a fourth player steps in to the scene (and knowing who is playing him we can bet he will the one right!?)

Ryan is dumb but that wasn't really news I guess.

I missed Christina last episode but had I known this what was she was up to I wouldn't have missed her. Pls Christina wise up. And kick a certain someone in the balls pls.

Keith cracks me up. And I would've never thought I would laugh at pedo jokes. If anything I hope something good happens to Keith this season.

I have high hopes for Nate's storyline.

I was dead certain there would be a Alvey-Ryan-Lisa love triangle this season but then a fourth player steps in to the scene (and knowing who is playing him we can bet he will the one right!?)

Well according to the promo and Frank Grillo....

Spoiler

Alvey and Christina will be rekindling something.  In the promo, it showed them kissing.

Ryan is dumb but that wasn't really news I guess.

I know.  I like Matt Lauria, but his character has always been my least liked on this show for some reason.

(edited)

While Alvey deals with a health scare, Lisa proves her worth as a manager; a gift from Ryan presents complications for Jay and Amy; Jay takes Ryan on a real-estate tour; and Lisa goes on a date.

I love the Jay and Ryan scenes, their fight at the end and then going off together.

Jay's girlfriend's reaction to the stroller was stupid. I bought a ridiculous priced stroller for my brother's 1st baby. Them keeping it doesn't make them "fake." They needed a stroller and got one. Ryan bought them a gift of a stroller that they apparently needed. 

Edited by Artsda

Dom's relationship with Ryan creates problems with Alvey and Lisa; Nate tries to make peace when Jay causes tension at home; and Alvey gets a surprise from his past.

Thank god real Jay is coming back. Pod stepford Jay was never going to work.

Dom's creepy. 

Just caught up on all of season 3. Seeing Jay in the park, snorting coke and becoming his old self was so heartbreaking to watch - and there was no dialogue! Jonathan Tucker never ceases to amaze me with how much he gets across without words. You can watch his scenes without sound and come away understanding everything that happened.

I think he really hit the nail on the head with Nate "I am a very weak man."

I am really nervous for this season because it has a feeling of things going badly for a lot of people.

With Ryan, I don't know if self defense can be claimed once you chase the guy out of your house and beat him while he was trying to flee. That sound like the complete opposite of self defense.

Oh Jay. Even when he knows someone has a foot out the door, he can't help but be shocked when the other foot follows. I never thought Amy would stay - she seemed like she was waiting for some kind of reason to go. The drugs were a good one, but I think she would've found a reason even if he hadn't started up again.

And I completely can't stand Dom. I have no clue what his presence is supposed to be adding to the show right now unless it's to make something really bad happen for everyone.

I am so afraid we're heading for Jay Kulina dying at the end of the series. He just seems so lost in a very different way than before, and I'm scared watching it.

I really don't like Dom. He needs to GTFO now.

Keith was funny, but when he said he wondered if he'd gotten on the right meds earlier what his life could have been and that just crushed me. I think that's true for so many people. I'm glad we got a bit of closure with Keith and Ryan, and seeing Ryan, who is so alone himself, acknowledging Keith as his brother and promising to be there was so great.

And then Dom shits all over it and Crap Ryan comes back. Fuck off, Dom.

I'm way behind on my television watching and PTV reading, but had to rush here to say that I am very glad they had Alvey acting like a homophobic a-hole when Nate told him he was gay, as opposed to playing it off like it was nothing to him, because it wouldn't be. His mom and brother didn't care, his friends won't care, Alvey is a prick about it. 

I also didn't see the end coming and hope Nate survives. Dom can die, though. Do not see the point of him and think he may be there because his real-life wife is; he doesn't add anything to the story for me. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Christina said:

I'm way behind on my television watching and PTV reading, but had to rush here to say that I am very glad they had Alvey acting like a homophobic a-hole when Nate told him he was gay, as opposed to playing it off like it was nothing to him, because it wouldn't be. His mom and brother didn't care, his friends won't care, Alvey is a prick about it. 

I also didn't see the end coming and hope Nate survives. Dom can die, though. Do not see the point of him and think he may be there because his real-life wife is; he doesn't add anything to the story for me. 

I don't know, the preview for next week makes it look pretty clear that he dies. Also Im pretty sure his real life wife is not not the show.

Edited by Ashand11

I was totally not expecting Nate would be shot (and I'm assuming killed) - I had been dreading the fact I thought Jay would die just based on the drug use and his losing Maya and Amy. So colour me surprised it was Nate getting shot. (And the actor that played the bouncer played serial killer twins on Criminal Minds, so I already didn't like him lol)

I wouldn't be surprised though if it was something like Nate survives but he's paralyzed and can never fight again. Because I can see Alvey deciding to do his fight if Nate survives because they'd need the money for his care. If his son dies and he still fights it seems a bit callous, but then ... isn't that Alvey in a nutshell?

I did like that Alvey was a prick about it, because that felt realistic.

Dom ... I don't get what he added to the show at all, unless it was just a way to involve Ryan and Lisa in more stuff. I'm also trying to figure out the point of all the Christina stuff. I've been hoping she'd walk from these guys and start up her own operation instead of living under Terry or Cody's thumb all the time.

Not sure how much they can wrap up in one episode - it seems like there's too much to really settle.

• Love 2

:( That was so painful (and shocking!) to watch. Nate. Can't. Die.

I also agree it felt in character for Alvey to react that way to Nate's "news" but it would just be so devastating if Nate dies and they didn't get a chance to clear that out. I so wanted Nate to kick his dad's ass after using the F word and then BANG the fact that hate/violence only create more hate/violence got splashed all over my, and all viewers, face (great dramatic effect there with the blood splatter on the lense, after I settled myself and rewatched that scene I was really in awe of the camera work in that scene, also the fading out at the end like Nate perhaps fading out, great great work by the camera crew) 

I actually can't comment on anything else that went on in the episode cause I'm drawing a blank right now. Oh Dom and journalist. Blah. I liked that Ryan hit him in the face but I totally thought he broke his hand doing it.

I wonder if they had planned a storyline that would pan out over two seasons? Cause they were set up for two more seasons right but then DirecTV for some reason announced S3 would be the shows last. I saw Grillo was upset about that. So many things feels rushed this season. Liked the Christina stuff @threebluestars mentioned above. I was expecting Dom to attack Lisa in some way, I can totally picture him assaulting her, he's so creepy, and that would've also given storyline to an upcoming season. 

I don't want to say goodbye to Nate or this show :( 

• Love 1
On 7/27/2017 at 1:07 AM, Ashand11 said:

I don't know, the preview for next week makes it look pretty clear that he dies. Also Im pretty sure his real life wife is not not the show.

While I agree it looks very much like that Nate dies it could be a trailer fake out and be Alvey's Mother that dies. Still think Nate dies but I never believe the trailer for the next episode.

(edited)

I just discovered this show on AUD channel and I'm bummed that it's ending.  Only 3 seasons and it's done ?.  Gotta watch all the seasons OnDemand 

*** this show is ending but the new show by Stephen King "mr Mercedes" looks interesting 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit

That was a good & sad ending for the series. I felt so bad for Jay and Alvey.

That was quite the speech Jay said before the match.

Going to miss the characters on this show especially Johnathan Tucker's Jay.

• Love 2

What a tear jerking episode! I weeped, multiple times watching it. I feel awful for their loss of Nate, but especially Jay, he lost his wife and kid, now his brother forever. So not fair. 

They should have included Nate's boyfriend at the funeral though. 

Edited by talktalk
  • Love 2

So that was ... sad.

I feel kind of like I've been kicked in the guts. I like that it wasn't neat and clean and tidy. It was like life. But that also means that I feel as crappy because I am way too attached to fictional characters and now I'm bummed out.

Probably one of the most downer finales ever, but that being said, really amazing work by everyone.

• Love 2

The entire show really but that episode escpecially was beautifully shot. That beach scene my gawd I cried. I'm happy Alvey won the fight but it just goes to show no fame or succees will make you happy if you're lonely at heart. There wasn't really any closure for any character which is sorta sad. I'm gonna miss this show. It deserved more episodes. Good luck to the cast and crew in future productions. 

• Love 2

I do, but no access to my TV for the immediate future. When I click on the episodes to watch them on the website, nothing happens, so I assume they aren't available.

Thanks for your suggestion, BTW.

I'm willing to pay to watch Season 3, if that's an option somewhere....