Type keyword(s) to search

Kingdom (US) - General Discussion

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

Yeah, I can't *hate* Alvey either (Frank Grillo is in my Top 5 Hottest Dudes list), but good grief he is an asshole and I really want to see Lisa strike out on her own. She deserves so much better.

Like I think I laughed through most of this episode. I chuckled at Nate sulking over his loss, at him at the doctor's office and most of all when he was busted by Kacey. Christina/Jay/Laura was actually kinda sad but I love dysfunction and I dunno what Christina is really after, maybe she wants to keep her boys to herself after the divorce & Alvey getting a new kid?, so I found that funny as well. And well that didn't take long for the female fighter to bang someone but oddly enough I didn't mind and Ryan/Alicia/Keith stole the episode & most laughs from me. Alvey is so not going to see those money again and I laughed cause the way they played it out now we can't even blame Chapas cause he warned Alvey so many times & Alvey is just a sucker for falling for it even though (or maybe because of) Lisa pointed out how stupid the "deal" was

One question - why do you think Lisa is keeping the sex of the child from Alvey? For me I almost got vibes that she's going to take off with the baby to spare if from Alvey and maybe becoming a fighter. I dunno. Felt weird and I just couldn't stop thinking it must be so hard for Kiele to look back at such a scene as when Lisa was at the ultrasound, ugh that was the part of the episode that didn't even have me smiling. I get a feeling Kiele/Lisa won't be in S3 and it makes me sad.

Oh my GOD. Will you people just talk to each other? Almost all of the conflict is because people either wont say what they want (Lisa/Alvey, Christina/everyone, Jay/Laura) or can't even admit it themselves what they want (Nate). You know its all screwed up when Alvey is the voice of reason aboyut this.

And Alvey is so screwed over with this deal. And Chapas played him perfectly. It's like the line from American Hustle "the more you tell someone no, the more they want in."

One question - why do you think Lisa is keeping the sex of the child from Alvey? For me I almost got vibes that she's going to take off with the baby to spare if from Alvey and maybe becoming a fighter.

I think she realizes that she doesn't want to be with Alvey anymore, but thinks she needs to be for the kid. So she's miserable and is taking it out on Alvey. Once again, something that could be fixed if people would just TALK.

• Love 1

I also think she was already thinking what he said - "one son's a mute, the other's a fucking lunatic" lol. I have a feeling she was hoping for a girl because it probably would've been easier for her to leave him if that were the case. I think she feels like with a boy, he's going to be interested, and she's stuck with him.

I'd like to see her branch out, take Jay and open her own gym. Alvey would lose his shit lol.

I wondered if Laura had experience with an addict in her life and that's why she was taking a bit of time to not contact Jay and figure out if she can handle it.

I'd like to see her branch out, take Jay and open her own gym. Alvey would lose his shit lol

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS. I really liked what they were doing with her at the end of last season, and it feels like she's been backtracked so much so far. Hopefully this is all just build up to her really coming into her own.

Episode description:

Ryan heads to his dad's house to check on him, where a new relationship seems possible. Jay agrees to Alvey's plan for a new direction and Nate eyes a quick return to the cage.

Sigh, gotta love a good "everyone's screwed up" ending montage.

Unsurprisingly, Jay has managed to screw up a preferctly decent relationship. Laura's relationship with Paul is a little odd, but either he trusts her or he doesn't. And demanding to see her phone is always the wrong thing to do.

Nate has so many things he needs to work through and an illegal fight in Fresno isn't gonna be the place to do it.

I'm very worried about Christina. Back at a hotel bar and this time I don't think she'll toss the key card but do the walk of shame with the money instead. I do hope we won't see her pimp again though, he's really icky

Nice to see Alvey paying Alicia some attention, and Lisa getting her a sponsor and possibly a fight. Seems Alicia is sleeping in her car so she's probably in need of that dough.

I agree this deal with this Paul dude is a little weird. I'm sure we will see more of Laura though, hopefully Jay can make it up to her.

Loosing a little patience with Nate here. I get his attitude and everything has to do with him being in the closet but I wish they would somehow deal with that more upfront and just don't make him moody.

• Love 1

Episode description:

Jay tracks down his competition for Laura, while Christina eyes a career change. Lisa cuts a deal with Garo, presenting Jay with an unexpected opportunity.

My personal description: everything is awful.

Man I laughed out loud at that last scene with Chapas keeling over like that, cuffed on the side of the road. Hilarious. Felt weird to laugh though as just moments earlier I actually thought he died in the passenger seat.

And I really didn't think that was the way he would land Alvey in trouble. Only good - Alvey turning down hohoho

Glad Alicia won't be sleeping in her car any longer.

And thanks Jay for letting us know how to dodge insurance hassle after bumping in to a car. Act strung out or strung out & psychotic

Nate is off his rockers for real. Big surprise Alvey actually handling it sorta good.

I know Christina quitting her day job probably isn't a good thing but that was fun watching her stick it to burger joint & Jamal aka little tyrant obsessed with sucking corporate dick

Holy smokin' sex scenes. Is it bad I'm really envious of Alicia *insert monkey covering his eyes emoji here*

• Love 2

Who is the actor who plays the promotor that had lunch with Lisa + Alicia? His face is familiar, but I can't place where I remember him from....I tried to look it up on IMDB, but no luck....

Oh wait, that guy was Michael Graziadei from Young + Restless....Okay, nevermind.... I answered my own question....

Is it just me that feels like Jay is being an ass to Christina in this episode? 

Edited by OrientalAmish

Holy smokin' sex scenes. Is it bad I'm really envious of Alicia *insert monkey covering his eyes emoji here*

It ain't bad because any straight gal that watches this show is feeling the same! Me included! Ryan is a beast with those fuck moves! ;-)p

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1

Oooh, it drops same week on Amazon ( for a price I assume)? Thats good news for me, as I'll be "cutting the cord" and dropping Direct TV after this season and I was thinking I would to wait quite a while to see it after it actually airs.

Michael Grazaiedi was also Travis, Constance's boy toy in AHS:Murder House.

Can I just say how great Wednesday nights are with my two favorite shows (not to mention South Park)?!

I also thought Sean was dead until he keeled over.

Guess they had to limit Nate's screen time with NJ doing double duty on Scream Queens (why else would he not respond to crazy banging on the door in the middle of the night?!)

I've loved Jonathan Tucker since Virgin Suicides and actually shipped him and Amber on Parenthood..although as Oriental Amish brilliantly put it, Ryan's fuck moves are now giving me second thoughts.

Jay was being an ass to Christina; but I think between Laura, the weight loss, and everything he's taking, he can't be the family's nucleus that he's always been.There's nobody to help him, and he won't be able to help them.

I did like seeing Alvey be passionate about fighters other than Nate--the fighter whose arm Nate broke and Alicia.

This show just continues to blow me away!

Edited because my Galaxy Note always thinks the letter T should be capitalized after an apostrophe--grrr!!

Edited by punkypower
  • Love 1

I've loved Jonathan Tucker since Virgin Suicides and actually shipped him and Amber on Parenthood..although as Oriental Amish brilliantly put it, Ryan's fuck moves are now giving me second thoughts.

Same here! I actually wanted Jonathan's character to have a happy ending with Amber on Parenthood! But, no they made him look like a sleaze @ the end....;-x

• Love 1

EEEE!! I know!! I loved their office scenes!!

I never forgave Kristina for busting into the hotel or getting a hair up her ass to run for office, just so they could tease me with a JT reprisal to turn him into the bad guy!!

I can't even remember why Kristina made such a big deal about them having a thing? Was it because he was her boss or was it the politican/intern dynamic? I am pretty sure Amber was an adult age so it couldn't have been he was too old, right? I just can't remember.... I miss Parenthood, though....

I can't even remember why Kristina made such a big deal about them having a thing? Was it because he was her boss or was it the politican/intern dynamic? I am pretty sure Amber was an adult age so it couldn't have been he was too old, right? I just can't remember.... I miss Parenthood, though....

I'm trying to remember. I know Amber was an adult, but Kristina saying something about Amber's age when she busted in on them.

Found this when I was trying to find clips, and thought you might enjoy it as well! <3

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bob-little

Found this when I was trying to find clips, and thought you might enjoy it as well! <3

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bob-little

Those clips are gold! Thank you, LOL

i didn't remeber Jonathan's character name on Parenthood as "Bob Little" until now.... Seriously, why in the fuck give him such a name? I kinda want to boycott Parenthood over that, but than I remember that show has been off the air for like almost a year? I need to let go of this grudge or should I? LOL

• Love 1

Episode description:

Alvey and Nate head off to a low-rent fight in Fresno, Jay grows feral as he deals with his weight cut and breakup with Laura, and Lisa hatches a plan to resurrect Ryan's image.

Jesus Jay, have a damn salad before you pass out.

I really liked all the stuff between Ryan and his dad. I kept waiting for it to go badly at some point, but it was actually very sweet.

I still have no idea all whats going on with Nate, this is more than just being in the closet. And really guys, this was an undeground fight, did you actually think it was going to be above board?

It feels like both Lisa and Christina are back were they were at the end of last season, but for some reason the writers felt that they needed to delay all of this until now.

Next week looks bad for everyone except Allison.

• Love 1

Episode description:

Alvey and Lisa open Navy St. up for a showcase, inviting sponsors into the gym to see Alicia in action. Ryan and Jay, knowing this could be their last opportunity to evade Alvey's attention, enjoy a cheat day.

Maybe doing coke and heroin while starving yourself is a bad plan, Jay

I did like that Keith was actually helpful this episode and not just awkward and slightly annoying.

While does Nate's ex keep insisting that he must be gay? Do bisexuals not exist in this world? He likes guys, but he seems to like women just as much, if not more. Maybe it would be easier for him to admit to himself that he's sometimes into guys and that doesn't make him weak or something. In fact, he's probably in a much better position than most fighters to be able to come out seeing as his dad does run a gym and I seriously doubt that Jay would actually care.

For those that don't know, a small gym run exhibition show like they had tonight on the show is called a "smoker". Hence the title of the episode.

• Love 2

Episode description:

Maybe doing coke and heroin while starving yourself is a bad plan, Jay

I did like that Keith was actually helpful this episode and not just awkward and slightly annoying.

While does Nate's ex keep insisting that he must be gay? Do bisexuals not exist in this world? He likes guys, but he seems to like women just as much, if not more. Maybe it would be easier for him to admit to himself that he's sometimes into guys and that doesn't make him weak or something. In fact, he's probably in a much better position than most fighters to be able to come out seeing as his dad does run a gym and I seriously doubt that Jay would actually care.

For those that don't know, a small gym run exhibition show like they had tonight on the show is called a "smoker". Hence the title of the episode.

When did you ever see evidence that Nate likes "women as much, if not more"?

• Love 1

He certainly had no problem having enthusiastic sex with his physical trainer last year. Maybe he was still just denying his sexuality, but I didn't get the impression that it was a cover.

Sure didn't take Alicia long to change her mind.  A few well-landed punches will do that to you. 

In fact, he's probably in a much better position than most fighters to be able to come out seeing as his dad does run a gym and I seriously doubt that Jay would actually care.

I can see Nate's concern, though.  In that extremely macho and very likely homophobic environment, rumors among the other fighters would be rampant, no matter how false or exaggerated (he'll get his blood on me, etc.)  and no one would be willing to go up against him.  Thus, his career is over.

• Love 1

Episode description:

Christina searches for new living arrangements, Lisa realizes Alvey's home may not be the place for her, and Ryan and Jay cut weight as their respective title fights loom.

So not surprising that no matter what Jay does, Christina will continue to do drugs until she decides that she is done. I hope she doesn't get killed off though, I'd really like to see her get through all of this.

If Lisa does move to San Francisco, the show better stay with her. She is hands down my favorite character and if we lose her, I'm not sure the others can hold my attention.

Just watching them cut weight exhausted me.

• Love 2

Sure looked like Christina OD'd to me.  We'll have to wait til next week, I guess.  I hope not, because that would drive Nate and Jay over the edge into something really stupid. 

Alvey ought to use that $4500 to hire a PI to find his loathsome "friend".

I thought they might even show a "heaving bowl" (I think that's what it's called) in one of the cutting weight scenes.  That's what jockeys use at the horse races to make weight.

• Love 1

Quick takes - 

I don't think Christina is dead, yet...

I think (maybe hope) that there is not a continuing storyline with Lisa...with her real-life tragedy, I would just hate for the actress to have to be involved in a new baby storyline.

Ryan's Dad will die during the fight.

Champas will re-surface next week...I still think he'll have some sort of dalliance with Nate.

Jonathan Tucker is amazing.

• Love 2

When Christina went back to the apartment, I thought she was going to screw the building manager and/or work out some living-in-exchange-for-sex arrangement, and when we heard the sounds of sex before they actually showed it I was sure I was right.  Nice misdirection, Show.

For the record, I think Christina's gone to The Big Patty Palace In The Sky, I'm not convinced that Lisa's going to make it to San Fran, Alvey is definitely going to be kicking some Chapas ass, Keith is a poor man's Zach Galifianakis, and I would like to have Jay's abs.  

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 3

Episode Description:

Ryan defends his lightweight title, while Nate and Jay discover Christina in a bad spot. Alvey gets a call from an old friend, and Lisa makes a final decision regarding her future.

Lisa was the best character last season and she's still the best one this season. Her telling Alvey that everything he said was about how she and the baby could save him was beautiful. They had better find some way to stick with her next season or I'll be pissed.

Christina still isn't doing this out of her own desire so I don't think this will stick either. Which sucks on numerous levels, especially since I think she has very good potential as a character.

I really hope Nate figures himself out next season, in regard to his career and sexuality and whatever else. Everyone else gets at least some nice things, but not Nate, he just gets shit. I did like his ultimatum to his mom, though.

Alvey is in for some serious shit. His prints are in the room (at least on the glass he drank from), his DNA is probably on the body from beating the shit out of him and it was his gun. Yes, they can tell from the wound that it could be self inflicted but Alvey could have also shot him at point blank range.

I definitely think Ryan jumped the gun in regard to his dad. While I do believe in someone's right to die, that's not something you go with on the spur of the moment while they are probably having a panic attack.

As an aside, I only start these threads because no one else does. Anyone can do it ( I'm getting rid of Direct TV in a month and won't be able to see the episodes until a day or so later next season). I use The TVDB for episode information.

Edited by Eriu

Alvey is in for some serious shit. His prints are in the room (at least on the glass he drank from), his DNA is probably on the body from beating the shit out of him and it was his gun. Yes, they can tell from the wound that it could be self inflicted but Alvey could have also shot him at point blank range.

Actually, I think it showed him wiping the glass and the surfaces that he touched in the room (I've already deleted this ep from my DVR).  You're right on the rest of the evidence though. And for someone who's been around the block as many times as he has, the way he handled the gun was totally amateur hour - either leave it and say it was stolen or you gave it to Chapas at some earlier point in time (that would be The Godfather option, as in "Leave the gun, take the cannoli.", which is why your prints or on it, or take it with you and let the cops try to figure out what happened. If any DNA comes back to you, lawyer up; it's a big leap from beating the shit out of somebody to executing them - I'm sure an autopsy would reveal that the wounds from the beating weren't fatal.  I'd probably have taken my chances with the taking-the-gun option; I don't think anyone's going to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how Chapas died - he isn't exactly a pillar of society.

I'm all in with this show and thoroughly enjoyed this season.  Now I need to find Season 1 online somewhere.  Preferably for free.

Edited by Lone Wolf

It's very possible that I missed him cleaning things up, but still, he handled all that very badly.

You should definitely go back watch season 1, there's some good stuff in there. I don't know if it's streaming for free anywhere though.

Handling things badly is mostly what Alvey does.  He's definitely a reactive person, rather than a thinking person.    I think that interview at the end of the episode was meant to show that quality.

Interesting also was that they didn't give Alicia (the new fighter) any screen time for the season finale.  Where's her story going, or did I miss something?

• Love 1

I just watched this episode tonight on Bravo Canada, and it was just so sad all around.

I think Nate has some really deep issues. That fight was nasty and he is just nowhere near ready.

Jay breaks my heart - actually loved Christina calling him an anorexic, because he may not have the clinical definition, but my God the "side effects" of not eating are majorly in his head. And I think if he wasn't so focused on that and probably more clear headed he'd see exactly what's happening with his mom. Who is also killing me. The look on her face when she took the heroin was so sad and ... almost understandable. She just wants to feel good and life doesn't.

Alvey I just want to punch.

Lisa ... I think could be decently off if she gets away from Alvey. I still want her to open her own gym and say fuck them lol.

• Love 1

The second half of season two began this week, and I went looking for a forum because I had a lot of thoughts during the episode. It looks like this isn't a very populated forum so I just started an all episode thread.

I have since forgot some of the comments I was going to make, but will re-watch it and I'm sure they will come back. The writing on this show has always been excellent and so true-to-life. When they addressed the miscarriage by having Alvey talking with his friend, and stating how he felt like he should feel something he didn't think he was feeling, it took me right back to my own situation and comments people made about how we were supposed to feel and act, when the reality is there is no right way to respond, like Alvey's friend told him. It was just 100% true to life to me, like most of the writing on this show.

Christina's story of drug use and recovery has also been very realistic. I don't have a personal experience, but the actress pulled me in and I felt Christina's frustration with only qualifying for a fast food job making less in two weeks then she could in an evening as a prostitute, and the inability to get an apartment with no credit. The overdose was expected and yet, still shocking, and I can't wait to see where her story goes.

On this episode, Nate receives a $10k retainer for personal training services that I'm guessing will intertwine and intersect with his sexual orientation story somehow.  Ryan and Jay were great, I enjoyed Alicia's fight, but my one complaint with the episode is that I don't think the actress pulls off irritation without it coming across as whiny, when the character is portrayed as a strong, fearless woman. I know why they write it that way, for instance as she was in the steam room cutting weight she was supposed to be irritable and didn't do too bad, but the sex scene with Ryan at the end had me rolling my eyes and wanting her to shut up. Still, it's one of the best shows on television, and is completely underrated. 

• Love 2

So Nate got drugged at the party and the guy paying him 10K disappeared? 

I'm surprised Jay won the big fight. I guess when Ryan hurt the knee I should have expected it, and now they'll build towards a rematch.  I've always loved Ryan/Jay's relationship so I hope the show doesn't ruin it.

Alvey should have sucked it up and went to the fight instead of hiding in a bar. Speaking of which, did he get his license back? Shouldn't he have a court case looming? Not to mention him being at the scene of a suicide, but he's complaining over the cyclist suing him? That's the least of his worries. He had his license taken away.

Christina's rehab drama with her using and sleeping with the therapist I could do without.

I KNEW the minute I saw the award that someone was going to get hit upside the head with it before the episode ended! I really felt for Christina in that scene because up until then the writing had given me the impression that they were both getting something out of the "arrangement", and that her addiction issues were never going to be addressed while she still used sex as currency, but she (and other patients) have no recourse once someone like this guy decide that they are "property", and that is an awful situation to go through. Sadly, I see things getting worse for her, as there are no witnesses.

I hated the idea of the fight, simply because I like both fighters, and I didn't want ether to lose. I miss Lisa from Season 1 and her no nonsense approach to everything. She and Alvey were a team I rooted for. Now everyone seems to be making poor decisions, have lousy luck, or just flailing about.

• Love 1
(edited)

For some reason the post I thought I made about the last episode isn't here. To summarize, Alicia has a different last name and a sister who is up to no good and I don't care about her storyline. Nick Jonas' acting really surprised me because I haven't thought much about him like I have the other actors, but watching him drugged and then realize what happened with tears in his eyes really made me realize he has some acting chops. 

Last episode though, Joanna Going (Christina) hit it out of the park. Watching the fight, her facial expressions and body language conveyed her anxiety, and I didn't realize I had held my breath during the assault until they were both sitting at the end of the bed. I love choreographed fight scenes and they really went there. 

The fight between Ryan and Jay went off better than I thought it would. I was actually expecting that they would drag it out for several episodes until it was at the point I didn't care if it ever happened, so it was nice to see it and see them actually fight, as opposed to my second fear of Jay striking Ryan in the knee in the first seconds and ending it. The writing on this show is better than I was giving it credit for, which is surprising since I tell everyone how great it is.

How could I forget to mention the acting of Paul Walter Hauser (Keith)? He drives my son crazy but the character of Keith and Paul's portrayal with his facial expressions bring me joy.

Edited by Christina

Oh man!

I'm bummed to see that there aren't individual threads for each episodes anymore. I'm surprised this show isn't getting the attention it deserves. It's very well thought out and I enjoy watching it every week. I'm not into MMA fighting and I don't know the first thing about it, but I'm always surprised by the ending credits of every episode. The story just kind of flows throughout the hour and I'm never sure of what's going to happen.

Nick Jonas has come miles since the pilot. His face after he realized that he was drugged, raped and being paid off to stay quiet is gut wrenching. Christina's assault scene was extremely difficult to watch and man that dickhead had it coming, I cheered when she beat him up with his stupid award. His reasoning that he stopped because he couldn't get an erection and thus he did not rape her and thus it's all okay was unbearable. I terrified the shit out of you and had every intent of sticking my dick up your ass while choking you with your bath robe belt but then didn't so it's all good. I'm surprised the storyline got resolved so quickly, I wonder if this is the end of it.
Also, Nate hugging Christina was such a sweet moment. I knew he wouldn't tell her about his own assault, but just having him show up instead of Jay and seeing them share some screen time is meaningful enough, because you know that the whole time Nate is thinking about it.
One thing I didn't understand is Nate calling Will and giving him his number. Does he have a plan to use him to get to Bob and kick the hell out of him like he promised he would? Or is he developing some Stockholm syndrome? Will is as bad as Bob really and Nate shouldn't be having any of it.

Jay just about broke my heart in every scene this episode. First with the housekeeping, which you can tell is the first time he experiences it. Then the way his face falls apart when Nate tells him about Christina, then with Christina in her room, and eventually when he goes back to the hotel and finds the room clean and that Ava ordered food for them. 

It seems like depression and sexual assault are the main themes this season. Alvey, Ryan, and Jay (well at least this episode) are depressed, and Nate, Alicia and Christina have all experienced varying degrees of sexual assault during the past 3 weeks. I'm not sure where they're going this but I'm definitely looking forward to find out!

Alicia's just stupid falling for the modelling gig from the shady guys. Then she's trying to use her poor me act on Alvey to get her and let her stay at his place.

Her sister can also go. She seems shady about her money and she probably can't afford that hotel room. 

I was so surprised to see Alvey's lawyer, that's really Frank Grillo's real life wife. Great seeing them act together again. I remember they first got together when they were on Guiding Light. I hope his wife sticks around.

• Love 3

So I watched episodes 14-16 in one sitting, and they were better than the previous, at least for me, in that there were satisfying arcs and things developed in a realistic way. I was afraid that Alicia moving in with Alvey would go full soap opera, especially since Lisa had been with both Alvey and Ryan previously. Glad they moved away from that, but, like Keith, I don't think it will be too long before Alicia drops anchor at Ryan's.

I am clean and sober, but have a history of drug abuse, and have been raped in the past, as well as roofied and had sex under conditions where I was not fully aware until it was too late what was happening, SO the storylines involving Jay, Ava, Christina and Nate all hit home with me in really uncomfortable and familiar ways. Jay's spiral was particularly difficult to watch, but the actor and actress did an amazing job. I felt for Christina watching her son go through what she had, but I kind of was annoyed with her, as she doesn't seem as invested in Nate. When Nate was training with Alvey she used the occasion to cozy up with her ex, and her conversations with Nate, even after his win, have been about Jay. Nate needs love too. Speaking of which, I don't mind the English guy.

Sorry that they had to offscreen eliminate Lisa. I guess I'll look up on the internet what happened between the show and the actress. Had no idea that the new lawyer is married to Grillo. That explains the chemistry. But, also, I like that she's setting boundaries. That type of attitude was what initially I liked about Lisa. This is really the first time we've seen Christina sober for a period. I'd like if they could keep her that way and give her a life, but I think they might be writing her as wanting back in with Alvey. I guess we'll see.

Sorry that they had to offscreen eliminate Lisa. I guess I'll look up on the internet what happened between the show and the actress.

Nothing happened between them, she's still a cast member. The actress suffered a stillbirth, losing her baby boy weeks before he was due. She was written out for a period for mat leave before that happened.