Type keyword(s) to search

Kingdom (US) - General Discussion

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

I'm leaning towards gay as well as it seemed like Nate was the one that pulled away with the female physiotherapist as well. Either way, bi or gay, it would be interesting to follow such a plot line since the martial art scene seems like many other sports, somewhat close minded to anything that's not straight. Of course that's a generalization, not everyone is but I hope you know what I mean :)

The guy he met at the store was cute, I hope we get to see him again ;)

• Love 1

I just noticed there was a forum for this show.  Normally I hate any kind of fighting sport, but I find this show really addictive.  I really like all the characters.

I'm liking Christina living with the boys, even though she was a druggie whore, she hasn't lost her motherly instincts! 

Lisa seems too good for both Ryan and Alvey imo, and that triangle is the most annoying part of the show for me.

I think Nate is gay.  He just lives in such a macho world he feels he can't be honest.  I'm also not sure how much he really likes to fight, it's just all he knows.

Lisa seems too good for both Ryan and Alvey imo, and that triangle is the most annoying part of the show for me.

Yeah, I think at this point if Lisa got back together with Ryan it would be apretty big betrayal of her character. I could see her revenge-fucking him if she found out about Alvey and Christina, but I don't think (and certainly hope) that she wouldn't get into an emotional relationship with Ryan. Especially after he showed that his anger issues are still there in full force.

If nothing else (my complete lack of fighting skills, inability to watch what I eat) I could never be a fighter because of the weight cutting. Just the idea of purposely dehydrating myself...NOPE. It just looks so miserable.

I love how Jay absolutely refuses to stop fucking with Ryan. I could not stand Jay in the first few episodes, but now I love him.

Yeah, sorry Alvey, I'm not feeling your mid-life crisis or whatever the fuck this is. Get back on your meds and take care of your fighters. As you said "if you're a coach, it's not about you, it's about them".

I think I just about squee'd when Nate hugged Lisa and told her that he loved her. He's such a nice almost-stepson.

That's really rather convenient that the parol officer has a kink that can easily be fixed by a fighter on cut day. But hey, whatever.

I'm not liking that ending. I think Lisa being unable to answer whether or not she still love's Ryan is pretty out of character. She's spent pretty much the whole season being way over him and now she doesn't know? I just don't think that the writing so far has set that up.

Yeah, I concur with your post. All in all the episode just dragged. Didn't care about Alvely and I'm kind of over Ryan. Jay and Nate are the ones I care about the most but neither had much to do. Or maybe they did, but my mind kept wandering throughout.

This one did feel rather filler-ish compared to the rest of the season.

Poor Lisa. She needs to move far away from Alvey and Ryan both. Alvey needs to get over himself. What exactly was the lesson he was supposed to learn from the hotel owner (if there was one)? And I don't believe he's really all that torn up about Lisa being in love with Ryan. He's not had much regard for her all season long honestly.

Thank goodness they didn't go where I thought they would with the parole officer (i.e. wanting sexual favors from Lisa). It was convenient/contrived for sure, but funny enough that I didn't mind. I wouldn't want to sit through episodes of Ryan back in prison anyhow.

I usually hate characters like Jay but the writing was very clever to humanize him very quickly (and Jonathan Tucker is really killing it.) His phone call to his father was so sad. I'm sure it's yet another of many he must have made when Alvey checked out on the family when he was younger. 

And Nate finally showing some emotion about something! It surprised me it was Lisa, honestly, but that was sweet.

Thank goodness they didn't go where I thought they would with the parole officer (i.e. wanting sexual favors from Lisa). It was convenient/contrived for sure, but funny enough that I didn't mind. I wouldn't want to sit through episodes of Ryan back in prison anyhow.

That's very true. And I suppose that it couldn't be ignored completely as it would have been a big plot hole and parole officer would have had to find out about it after the fight, anyway.

If nothing else (my complete lack of fighting skills, inability to watch what I eat) I could never be a fighter because of the weight cutting. Just the idea of purposely dehydrating myself...NOPE. It just looks so miserable.

I love how Jay absolutely refuses to stop fucking with Ryan. I could not stand Jay in the first few episodes, but now I love him.

Yeah, sorry Alvey, I'm not feeling your mid-life crisis or whatever the fuck this is. Get back on your meds and take care of your fighters. As you said "if you're a coach, it's not about you, it's about them".

I think I just about squee'd when Nate hugged Lisa and told her that he loved her. He's such a nice almost-stepson.

That's really rather convenient that the parol officer has a kink that can easily be fixed by a fighter on cut day. But hey, whatever.

I'm not liking that ending. I think Lisa being unable to answer whether or not she still love's Ryan is pretty out of character. She's spent pretty much the whole season being way over him and now she doesn't know? I just don't think that the writing so far has set that up.

I'm hoping that it's NOT that she's conflicted over Ryan, but that she's so angry with Alvey that she's just not saying anything right away. I get the feeling from previous episodes that, except when drunk, a serious discussion happens only after she gets back down to simmer from boiling. I don't think she's in love with Ryan, if only because she'll tell him to "f" off without hesitation.

The whole arrangement going undetected by the parole officer was indeed going to blow up in their faces eventually, but Alvey didn't have to bear the brunt of any of it, and it WAS too convenient and random that the P.O. got off on sweat (ugh!). It was just one of many things that seemed "off" this episode. No Christina? Is she really at a point where no one is watching her? Did we know that Alvey was on meds, and why, before this? Plus, no follow up on Nate. I almost felt like I'd missed an episode, except for Jay pointig out (awesomely!) the broken mirrors!

• Love 1

Did we know that Alvey was on meds, and why, before this?

I think the last time we saw Alvey at his therapist, he said something to the guy about deciding to stop his meds because he wanted to experience the "real highs and lows of life" and not an artificial middle ground. So I'm thinking some kind of manic-depression, maybe? Oddly, the therapist didn't seem too worried about this, other than to ask if Lisa knew about Alvey's plans.

Edited by Eriu

Yeah, they mentioned the meds (and I think we saw him taking them in an earlier episode) but not what they were for. I presumed depression though given that he's seeing a therapist and clearly struggling with not being the hot young thing anymore. To be honest, I'm a little suprised a guy like Alvey would even go to a therapist, but he does like to pretend he's more evolved and open (and in control) than he really is. So maybe it makes sense.

Yeah, they mentioned the meds (and I think we saw him taking them in an earlier episode) but not what they were for. I presumed depression though given that he's seeing a therapist and clearly struggling with not being the hot young thing anymore. To be honest, I'm a little suprised a guy like Alvey would even go to a therapist, but he does like to pretend he's more evolved and open (and in control) than he really is. So maybe it makes sense.

I totally blanked on that, but it does make sense now! I wonder if the therapy was his idea, or maybe something left over from when the marriage was intact.

Are we supposed to be rooting for either Alvey or Ryan to be with Lisa?  It's the one part of this show I don't get.  I mean Lisa is so put together and cool.  Look at her 2 suitors, Ryan- Just got out of prison.  Paralyzed his poor dad.  Then we have Alvey, still married, tells his girlfriend he's going to discuss a divorce with his wife, ends up screwing his wife in an alley.  I mean really?

I kind of missed Christina in this one. 

• Love 2
Are we supposed to be rooting for either Alvey or Ryan to be with Lisa?

SERIOUSLY.

I'm hoping she tells both of them to take a hike, sues Alvey for her portion of the gym, and then she and Alvey have to deal with each other next season while not being together. Or better yet, Christina gets half the gym, Lisa gets a portion and all three of them have to deal with each other next season. Would serve Alvey right.

• Love 1

Jay, perhaps worrying your mom with your fight and then throwing a huge ass party with all kinds of drugs available is not the best plan for keeping her sober. And yup, there she goes. No one should be surprised, since she never really wanted it in the first place.

God damn, I love Lisa. Takes control of her life in calm reasonable ways. She's way to good for both Ryan and Alvey. And then even fucked up and mourning her relationship with Alvey, she still has the presence of mind to turn down Ryan.

I now officially predict that at some point in the future of this show, Jay and Ryan will end up fighting each other.

Well, there's our confirmation about Nate. No one's gonna handle this well, including Nate.

• Love 3

I feel like they....well, pulled their punches a bit in the finale. It was the least surprising episode all season. I really thought either Ryan or Jay (in a unexpected reversal) would lose their fight. I did love Lisa being sensible despite drunk (though I worry about what will happen to her stake in the gym now that she's left Alvey). There was an overall vibe of "That's not gonna end well" to everything but the only thing that really didn't (so far) is Christina slipping away....which was pretty inevitable.

The scene with Jay's threesome and the big redhead dude trying to join in was rather odd, I thought. I'm not sure what the point was and it didn't seem to fit in.

Regardless, very glad this show was already picked up for 2 more seasons.

Edited by taragel
  • Love 1
There was an overall vibe of "That's not gonna end well" to everything but the only thing that really didn't (so far) is Christina slipping away....which was pretty inevitable.

Yeah, looking back on the episode, there wasn't much of a...sense of urgency, I guess? Both fighters won, Christina and Lisa's plots were both sad, yet invetiable. I do think it did a good job of setting up what to expect for next year though. What's Lisa going to do now? Jay and Ryan will most likely fight, or at least build up to it and Nate will have to deal with his sexuality.

On the other hand, while I like Christina, I'm not sure that I care where her storyline is going. We don't have much of an idea of who she actually is, at least not outside of how she affects Alvey and the boys. I'd like to see her come into her own (espeically as there are so few women on this show), but I can't say that i'd be too upset if she was written off either.

I actually really like the Christina character.  She drives me crazy, yet I feel bad for her all at the same time.  That conversation with her and Lisa was all kinds of awkward, but it was my favorite part of the whole episode.  Maybe I'm just partial to the only two ladies of the show?  At least Christina showed guilt for having sex with Alvey, he didn't seem to think it was a big deal at all.

One of these guys has to lose a fight sometime I'd think.

• Love 3

For all things season 1

I admit it, I came for Frank Grillo and stayed for the AWESOME that is Lisa's character. She managed to be smart and take-no-shit, while not being too perfect or sanctimonious. I'm extremely happy that they didn't have her hook back up with Ryan, even after she and Alvey broke up.

Jay drove me absolutely nuts at the beginning of the season and was one of my favorites (right behind Lisa) by the end. Yes, he's immature and impulsive but genuinely cares about people and is trying to grow up and change who he is. He's also ridiculously charismatic and funny, and appears to be a damn good fighter when he actually applies himself.

I think storyline of Jay trying to hunt down the gang bangers who beat up Nate was pretty pointless. They served their purpose of keeping Nate sidelined and didn't have much point after that. Even after Jay tracked them down, he ended up deciding not to do anything. It just felt like a waste of time.

Edited by Eriu

What do you want to see and what do you expect to see in season 2?

Ya know, I'm kinda hoping Alvey gets screwed over with the gym. I'd be perfectly fine with Lisa suing for her portion and then Christina getting half of whatever is left. Alvey doesn't seem particularly interested in the business side of the gym anyway and I think that the three of them having to deal with each other in a business capacity could be a lot of fun (for us viewers anyway). This would depend on Christina really getting clean and staying that way.

Baring that, I'd like to see Lisa take Jay's advice and become a kick ass manager and being incredibly successful while not getting back together with either Alvey or Ryan.

I think they are definitely setting up some conflict between Jay and Ryan. They fight in the same weight class, eventually they will end up fighting each other. I'm hoping that Jay will continue to act like a adult and I'm pretty certain that Ryan will slip back into his old habits. We already saw that he's not fully changed when he trashed the gym. I don't think that any additional fame and success will help stay on the straight and narrow.

Nate should be back fighting by next season, but he's gonna have to deal with his sexuality, which in such a tough guy environment, will not be an easy thing to do. Lisa and Jay probably won't have any problem with it, but I don't think Alvey will handle it too well. That's if Nate himself can admit to it.

I'm hoping that we get more women next year. Lisa was great and even Christina was pretty well written. There's no reason we couldn't have female fighter, and that could open up some interesting storylines. Lisa could also stand to have some female friends as well, I wouldn't mind seeing the investor lady from early in the season come back. An actually love interest for Jay and not just a revolving roster of random chicks could be interesting as well.

Absolutely agree with you @taragel - I expected a lot more from the finale. I guess we're so spoiled with cliffhangers and people getting killed off and buildings being bombed and alien invasions and God knows what so this felt rather blah. But okay there was the fights (that thankfully didn't get all that long winded cause I frankly can't stand watching that which makes it kinda odd I'm in love with this show), there was a party where a lot of stuff went down.

I do like that Lisa stood up Ryan even though a small part of me wanted them together just to get back at Alvey, I just can't stand cheating but Lisa showed character and I should be pleased with that.

I don't necessary like Christina all that much but I still feel sad she fell of her wagon. Mostly for her boys sake.

This whole thing with Nate intrigues me, I hope he doesn't stay in the closet but I can't even imagine what would happen if he stepped out of it!? I hope he won't go down his momma's route with the drugs though.

I don't get Alvey at all.

Can't wait for another season :)

I don't think I needed bombs exploding but...I did expect more change for the characters. Aside from Lisa, they're all pretty much at (or back to, in Christina's case) their status quo now. (You could argue things have changed for Alvey, but he's so clearly self-centered that Lisa's absence may not even register much in his life.) That's just not usually the way good finales function. 

But...still enjoyable (if a bit safe) storytelling. I'll be interested to see where their journeys go in S2. Anyone know what Direct TV scheduling is like? Have they done original series before (I can't recall)? What kind of hiatus should we expect here?

I enjoyed the whole season and I am all in for the next two seasons. I absolutely adore Jay and I really don't want him and Ryan to fight each other ever. I love the friendship between them and the love the boys have for,their mom and Lisa. Jay's face broke my heart when his mom came home looking drugged up. And Nate...well something tells me he is not going to be able to deal with who he is...not looking forward to fall out.

• Love 1

Jay, perhaps worrying your mom with your fight and then throwing a huge ass party with all kinds of drugs available is not the best plan for keeping her sober. And yup, there she goes. No one should be surprised, since she never really wanted it in the first place.

That's the problem with getting people clean. It doesn't address the root problem, and anyone watching Christina could see how she's been white-knuckling it, but Jay and Nick should have known better than to create that atmosphere. Of course the atmosphere was wrong for Nate in entirely different ways.

God damn, I love Lisa. Takes control of her life in calm reasonable ways. She's way to good for both Ryan and Alvey. And then even fucked up and mourning her relationship with Alvey, she still has the presence of mind to turn down Ryan.

Me too. I initially thought she was a tad harsh with Christina, but I think Lisa recognizes a user when she sees one, and wisely kept her at arm's length. I thought the scnene where she watched Alvey's interview was telling, in that she was left out of any of it. I wonder if she might not take up with the woman who was offering financial backing earlier in the season? When she and Alvey were a team I could see the point of turning them down, but now, maybe time to reassess?

The scene with Jay's threesome and the big redhead dude trying to join in was rather odd, I thought. I'm not sure what the point was and it didn't seem to fit in.

I'd have to watch again, but it did seem that he was more interested in Jay. Perhaps he'll find a comrade in Nate?

I don't get Alvey at all.

I've grown to dislike him over the season. In fact, I've changed my mind about things more with this show than any other I watch. I didn't like Jay initially and thought Nick Jonas' acting was weak. Turned around on both. Looking forward to next season!

I'm hoping that we get more women next year. Lisa was great and even Christina was pretty well written. There's no reason we couldn't have female fighter, and that could open up some interesting storylines. Lisa could also stand to have some female friends as well, I wouldn't mind seeing the investor lady from early in the season come back. An actually love interest for Jay and not just a revolving roster of random chicks could be interesting as well.

This is my main hope. I think the writers have done so well with Lisa and Christina, so I really hope they bring in more women.

I am definitely expecting a female fighter. That seems so just necessary IMO. 

I'd love to see Jay get a love interest as well. Although, honestly, I ship him with Lisa anyway so!

I'd like to see them bring back Lisa's lawyer. It seemed like they were friends and I liked her.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I'd love to see Jay get a love interest as well. Although, honestly, I ship him with Lisa anyway so!

Ya know, my roommate brought that up and I could see it, but I really like the Freindship dynamic that the two of them have. Plus, even though they are probably about the same age, she was practically his step-mom for years, so I think that hookup would be a little too awkward for me.

Just watched the first episode thanks to coming across Jonathan Tucker in something else and wondering what else he's been in. I'm not into MMA, but this show is great! Jonathan Tucker pretty much steals the whole damn thing for me.

When Alvey beat the shit out of the gang bangers in the very beginning, I figured it was just a way to quickly show how much of a bad-ass he is, but when they showed up again, I knew things weren't going to go well. I did not think that they were going put Nate in the hospital though.

That opening scene was great and had me hooked right away. At the end I felt like I should've seen it coming, but didn't lol.

And Eriu - from 731?? It's Mars =)

• Love 1

Ryan contends with illness on the day of his title defense, Jay's opponent presents him with an unexpected challenge, and Lisa recruits a new fighter. Alvey oversees it all while opening up a new gym.

Well, I'm glad to see that everyone is more screwed up than they were last season.

I'm really not thrilled with Lisa being back with Alvey, but I can see her deciding that it was the best idea what with the pregnancy.

I'm sure Ryan doing coke is NOT helping with his anger issues and Jay is just as unpredictable as ever. Nate didnt really have much to do this episode.

I am happy to see a female fighter and I hope she gets a decent storyline that doesn't involve her hooking up with anyone.

• Love 2

Yay it's back! And it was so good :)

I agree with you both, everyone is pretty f'ed up & so brilliantly so.

Lisa & Alvey is so not good for each other, god help this child.
Christina ditched the dude at the bar eh? Did not think she had the power to do that. Do you think she made up her mind at the bar or was that her plan all along? I guess it made her the one character that evolved the most since we last saw them.
Yes I like that they are bringing on a female fighter. I like Natalie Martinez, so much I even sat through the catastrophe that was Under The Dome for her but the moment she was out I was out as well. Now I just want to see if she can pull off the fighting. What ltl I've seen of her with gloves on it looks like she can pull it off though so I got high hopes. She was drawing, and shooting, Ryan long looks though so I have a feeling there will be hooking up as well ;)
I know I should probably dislike Jay but I just can't, he's too funny and over the top like all the time (and he can be sweet too as he showed in that scene with Lisa, and as he's shown with his mom in the past)

edited to add: oh no I just read Kiele Sanchez suffered a late-term miscarriage with her IRL pregnancy :( that's so sad. She was due in November apparently but it was just reported she had a miscarriage according to IMDB

Edited by MorbidPet
  • Love 1

Yay it's back! And it was so good :)

I agree with you both, everyone is pretty f'ed up & so brilliantly so.

Christina ditched the dude at the bar eh? Did not think she had the power to do that. Do you think she made up her mind at the bar or was that her plan all along? I guess it made her the one character that evolved the most since we last saw them.

edited to add: oh no I just read Kiele Sanchez suffered a late-term miscarriage with her IRL pregnancy :( that's so sad. She was due in November apparently but it was just reported she had a miscarriage according to IMDB

Christina ditched the dude @ the bar? I just assumed she slept with him + then went back home in time for the sons to come back after the fight.....

That's so sad about Kiele Sanchez's real life miscarriage.... I hope she is doing okay. especially, mentally....;-x

I know I should probably dislike Jay but I just can't, he's too funny and over the top like all the time (and he can be sweet too as he showed in that scene with Lisa, and as he's shown with his mom in the past)

Jay annoyed the crap outta me at the start of last season but he grew on me (like a fungus) over the course of the season. Not that I could handle him for long in real life but he's certainly fun to watch. I hope he gets to prove what a good fighter he is, now that he's actually trying.

Christina ditched the dude @ the bar? I just assumed she slept with him + then went back home in time for the sons to come back after the fight.....

I thought it looked as she tossed his keycard in the bin but I could be wrong. They did zoom in on his ring so maybe she grew scruples all of a sudden? I think I need to go back now and watch the ep again, need to know for sure what really went down there at the hotel bar or I will keep thinking about and drive myself insane *lol*

Edited to add; okay re-checked & she def toss his keycard in the bin. I can't really judge from their talk/interaction if she set out to do that or not though. She might've gotten offended when he took her for a ho basically? Maybe she thought she dressed up nice & wouldn't be taken for one, I wouldn't have pegged her as one but I guess if you go to a hotel bar like that it's a hint? I dunno, I just think women should be able to hook up anywhere w/o being taken as a prostitute so, & Christina cleaned up nice! But she doesn't react strongly when he mentions money so I don't think she was taken by surprise. I think I might just have to leave that scene with a bit of a questionmark but good for you Christina ditching him!!

Yes Jay annoyed me as well at first, I read on the IMDB board comments about the actor overacting but I totally know characters like that IRL so I found him annoying but not unbelievable. I saw through that loud and obnoxious act tho after a few episodes, him going after his mom and trying to save her showed he had heart so he really grew on me as well :)

Edited by MorbidPet

I assumed Christina was toying with the guy at the bar to reclaim a bit of power for herself. She's stuck in a shitty job, her family has their own stuff going on that she's not a part of, and in the past she probably would've shot up to deal with it, but instead is playing these games to make herself feel better. Sort of a test of herself and a way to feel in control.

Jay ... what a freaking tinderbox lol. I LOVE the character. Tucker's physical movement for the character are so great, just those big bombastic gestures and movements. But then, when it really matters and he's being real, he's very controlled and still. He's just a big, huge box of dynamite searching for a flame because he thinks he's supposed to.

If there's one character on this show I hate, it's Mac. He is the root of so much of the shit that happens to these people. I was hoping he'd get his ass kicked in that fight lol.

Episode Description:

Alvey deals with Ryan's reckless decisions and Lisa introduces her newest fighter, Alicia, to Navy St. Nate gears up for his return to the cage. Jay meets a photographer, Laura, who presents professional and personal opportunities.

At first I was really not understanding why Nate and his girlfriend are together, as they seem to have pretty much nothing in common, other than both being young and attractive. But now that I think about it, Nate has to have someway to deny his attraction to guys (both to others and to himself) and she seems to have a bit of a martyr complex ("I'd get mad at you, but I won't 'cause I'm such a good girlfreind").

On the other hand, I'm quite liking Jay's new potential girlfreind, Laura. He does need someone who doesn't tolerate his shit. And goodness, that dress of hers. Not only did it obviously not have a bra, I'm pretty sure it obliterated any bra with ten feet of it.

I'm not sure whats going on with Alvey's freind. There's something more than just reminiscing on his part, but I'm not sure what.

That opening scene sure set off my second hand embarrassment squick. That's really not a good line of secondary work for Alvey.

I really like that Ryan is trying to out Keith get out of prison + visiting him.... I always like their friendship.... I like to think it's genuine....

I knew the only reason that Nate was with that girl so that he keep the facade of being "straight" from the getgo.... In that scene where Alvey is texting with that unknown number (who later turned out to be a old friend/former fellow fighter) that was saying he was missing his cock, I thought it was Nate's phone for a minute....

Yay, Jay gets the girl!

I miss Christina in this episode.... I hope she's in the next one....

Edited by OrientalAmish

I liked Laura - I think she could give Jay a run for his money. He seemed a bit taken aback that she was kicking him out and wouldn't let him stay over. I think she seems like the opposite of what he goes for - she's sexually confident, but you can tell it's not coming from a broken place like most girls he ends up with. Also, I am totally cool with seeing Tucker's ass every Wednesday.

Alvey's friend is making me nervous. Although a lot of times with this show I think something is going somewhere and it doesn't - just like real life. So I've stopped guessing lol.

I see Keith's anger on Ryan's behalf hasn't abated lol. When he gets out, I can see this being a huge issue. I desperately need a Keith/Jay scene, because I can't even imagine what the hell would happen there.

I know they're shooting season 3 right now - does anyone know what they're going to do with Lisa's storyline? I can only imagine how difficult Kiele Sanchez would find either playing pregnant or having a kid on the show after losing her own (she suffered a stillbirth not long ago). I feel for her so much, and I think this is one of those cases where as a writer I'd want to totally defer to the actor about how to go forward with a story.

• Love 2

Oh man, that's devastating about Kiele Sanchez. I wonder if she'll take a hiatus. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to come back and play a mom, but I don't know where they are with shooting this season. They might actually be done or almost done I think.

I was totally amused that Nick Jonas had more lines in this premiere than I think he did all season 1 combined.

Did they actually show us Ryan taking cocaine before? At the end of last season maybe? I don't recall it and I'm actually wondering if that's gonna turn out to be some kind of false positive because of his food poisoning? (It also seems a bit too coincidental that he and Jay BOTH would be doing coke?)

I don't think that was Christina's first time testing her power with a guy in the bar. Like it was pointed out upthread, she didn't seem surprised at all when money came up, which gave me the vibe she's done this before. (And when she was prostituting previously, she wasn't exactly the fancy hotel bar escort kind of prostitute so I assume it's something of a new thing.)

Jonathan Tucker is really transformative in his role playing Jay. It's hard to believe this is the same guy that played Bob Little on Parenthood.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the female fighter (about time they added one!) and Mark Consuelos is joining the cast this season right? Should be interesting.

I found this episode a little on the boring side I have to say. The first part of it at least. Nothing really happened and I was having a hard time staying focused. It did get better in the second half.

Missed Christina.

Nice to see Keith, he is pure comedy but the scary kind like you feel like you're bordering on going bonkers at any second just like with that butcher knife so he keeps you on the edge, not sure if you should laugh or be scared.

Female fighter didn't have much to do but I don't mind they working in a new character slowly.

Chapas is shady & sooner or later Alvey is going to take whatever bait Chapas is going to dangle in front of him.

Wonder how long Nate can keep it in his pants, can't wait for them to deal with that storyline. Had the pleasure to listen to Orlando Cruz this summer, a pro boxer from Puerto Rico who is openly gay. He seems a ltl too cocky to be bothered by any bullies but I guess you can be when you're the best boxer in the country and you have the guts to just say "accept me or screw you", I like that there are good role models out there like him but I can't imagine it's easy to come out in that world.

On the other hand, I'm quite liking Jay's new potential girlfreind, Laura. He does need someone who doesn't tolerate his shit. And goodness, that dress of hers. Not only did it obviously not have a bra, I'm pretty sure it obliterated any bra with ten feet of it.

I'm not sure whats going on with Alvey's freind. There's something more than just reminiscing on his part, but I'm not sure what.

I was totally trying not to say or think anything about that dress as I'm all for women being able to wear whatever they feel comfortable in but I failed miserably *lol* She could've just opened the door to Jay wearing nothing cause she had clearly made up her mind beforehand what she wanted, & good for her! I think Jay might've met his match, I hope he doesn't screw this up in usual manner.

I was sure Chapas would ask Alvey for money or something, he seems like he's in to scams, flashing of nice car keys and taking the bill like he has money. Something is def going to happen there & knowing how naive Alvey is I'm sure he'll fall for whatever is coming

I really like that Ryan is trying to out Keith get out of prison + visiting him.... I always like their friendship.... I like to think it's genuine....

I miss Christina in this episode.... I hope she's in the next one....

Best scene in the ep for me, the one with Ryan & Keith at the prison. They are just too funny

& I missed Christina as well, at least she was in the promo for next week so she'll be back then but I really wish they would work in everyone in the steady cast in each episode. The ensemble is what helps makes this show be great.

I know they're shooting season 3 right now - does anyone know what they're going to do with Lisa's storyline? I can only imagine how difficult Kiele Sanchez would find either playing pregnant or having a kid on the show after losing her own (she suffered a stillbirth not long ago). I feel for her so much, and I think this is one of those cases where as a writer I'd want to totally defer to the actor about how to go forward with a story.

Unfortunately none of my friends watch this show, some of which are excellent at snooping up stuff/spoilers for TV shows and I'm not as good myself at doing it so I don't really know anything. But yes this must be awful for Kiele, and also very tricky for the writers. My cousin lost her baby in the last trimester and she was just devastated for years, and still are really as you always carry that with you. For her work helped to get back to normalcy but I can imagine that being hard for Kiele as they wrote the pregnancy in to the show and what? Do they let Alvey and Lisa have a kid? That must be emotional for Kiele to have to play a mom but for the writers to write in something happening to the fictional kid as well, I can't see that happening either. And is she even ready to come back to work? I would hate to see the show without Lisa but whatever Kiele needs to be okay, that's what is most important & I just wish her all the love in the world!

• Love 1

Alvey shouldn't not get to have kids cause he's almost 50 or because he already has two grown sons, Alvey shouldn't have kids cause he's an asshole and will screw this one up too. Though I am glad that he and Christina are finally officially divorcing.

Jay "in love" is certainly a sight to behold.

Jay vs Ryan? Oh DEAR GOD this is going to get bad. Drama, drama everywhere. Though if this all leads to Lisa coming into her own as Jay's manager, I'm all for that.

Well, crap. That was a shitty ending to Nate's first fight back.

• Love 1

Good episode. Despite the fact Michael Morris directed it (not a fan, but more on a personal level than professional I'll leave it at that)

I liked the ladies getting together at Nate's fight.

Jay and Laura really works, there must be something twisted brewing right cause everything can't work out for Jay can it? What dark side is Laura hiding? Or a dangerous ex? I wonder if she will be in S3. I saw Jonathan Tucker's tweet where he welcomed Jessica Szohr to the cast.

I tried to do some digging around about S3, mostly to see if Kiele will be back or not but unfortunately I can't find any sign of her, not shooting the new season or promoting S2. I hope she's doing okay :( I would miss her terribly but I would totally understand if she's not ready to come back yet

The opener with Keith repeatedly slapping the dude who was talking shit about him was kinda awesome.... 

He's great, and for the love of me I can't figure out how he's able to be so over the top but still not be over the top, like how does that even work!? haha

Alvey shouldn't not get to have kids cause he's almost 50 or because he already has two grown sons, Alvey shouldn't have kids cause he's an asshole and will screw this one up too. Though I am glad that he and Christina are finally officially divorcing.

He's really a pig right!? It's like he stopped evolving as a kid, he's a kid in a big boy body, with muscles but no brain. I honestly think he thinks he's so above everyone, he shows no compassion for anyone really, even with Ryan being on drugs again he turns that to be all about himself. He must have a giant ego, which makes me curious about his past. Everything needs to constantly be about him, he needs to be in the center of everything, all the time. I have no idea what Lisa ever saw in him but then again I liked Alvey a whole lot better at the beginning of this show, now I almost can't stand him :/

• Love 1

I routinely want to slap Alvey for ... well, pretty much everything he does. Yet, somehow, Frank Grillo is so good that I still want to watch Alvey. I did like how he was with Nate after the fight and his reaction to it. He said and did everything Nate needed in those moments ... and it's stuff like that that makes it hard for me to outright hate Alvey lol.

Jay vs Ryan ... I want Jay to win so bad lol.

• Love 2