Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Fallout

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/3/2017 at 7:57 AM, Lizzing said:

As I haven't had a manicure since one gave me a nasty nail infection over 20 years ago, can someone tell me why it looked like Polly was putting clear coat on the woman's skin (on the top of the fingers, between the first knuckle and cuticle line)?  I can't figure if that is a legit thing to do to for some reason I don't know, or if we're to take Polly isn't all that good at her job.

I do love the craziness of this show; that water dance was something completely unexpected yet somehow oddly beautiful.

I think it was cuticle oil and not clear coat. The skin might have been dehydrated after all the acetone from removing or soaking off polish, and drying the nail for gel polish. Just a quick way to moisturize.

I had gels done for my wedding and that's what the nail tech did.

Someone may know more.

I agree, the water dance was just as you said, "that water dance was something completely unexpected yet somehow oddly beautiful."

Edited by Giselle
On 7/3/2017 at 11:47 AM, Ohwell said:

I've never seen Carrie Preston in anything before, but her Polly character kind of disgusts me because she's the kind of criminal who always manages to turn herself into a victim of circumstances.  I hope Gina Torres flips the script on her.  Big Time.

I guess I've been spoiled by seeing Dean Norris as Hank in Breaking Bad, but I just don't like over the top Uncle Daddy.  He's not even remotely funny anymore.  

Desna really is a good woman, because even though Dean is her brother and she dearly loves him, he is so much of a handful that I feel sorry for what she has to deal with.  The evil part of me would be regularly visiting his ass in some institution.

I agree with your thoughts on Polly. 

I too loved Dean Norris as as Hank. I see this role as a character DN is having some fun with as an actor. It's over the top and so unexpected,  way out there but also familiar because he has played bad guy characters before.

Kinda like Robert DeNiro in Stardust, or the guys in Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert. So unexpected coming from them but a joy to watch them craft the character.