Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Season Premiere (Part 1)

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

You and a lot of other people. She's super popular on Joker's. I can usually understand why someone's popular even if I don't like them, but man I am having a hard time understanding Christmas' popularity. I'm not writing her off completely yet though.

She stood out to me because in comparison she appeared to be the one who would annoy me the least.  Seriously.  Same with Matt.  I see more annoying personalities than favorites to champion.  I cannot call myself a fan of hers by any stretch.  It is way too early for that.  

• Love 1

@Lady Calypso did inform me of Christmas' past and it is quite interesting, but so far on the show I find her so boring and bland. Though to be fair all we really saw of her was her talking about how everyone will underestimate her intelligence and the really bad job she did with the Paul convo, so there's not much to go on.

(edited)

LOL, Okay, I think I have most of these, but who is Tijuana Surgery? 

Jillian. She mentioned that her entire family went to Europe last summer and were all overweight. So, she and some family members went to Tijuana for weight loss surgery. They showed a picture of Jillian and two female in hospital gowns, presumably right before the surgery. 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Typo
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Wentex said:

I'm so disgusted that Paul is back! His screaming and endless talking last season had me muting my tv if he was on the screen. I hope he is the next one evicted.

I learned to LOVE Paul last season.  Hated him...for weeks.  I think he may play a very different game this time around.  Time will tell.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

@Lady Calypso did inform me of Christmas' past and it is quite interesting, but so far on the show I find her so boring and bland. Though to be fair all we really saw of her was her talking about how everyone will underestimate her intelligence and the really bad job she did with the Paul convo, so there's not much to go on.

Where is the info about her past?  Can you narrow down the search for me?  

Edited by wings707
(edited)

Christmas reminds me of Brooke Burns, I like her. Also like Matt. I dislike Cody and hope he's gone soon.

I like the Temptation theme and all the apple decor and the garden of Eden was gorgeous.

Kevin is at an unfair disadvantage being the only house guest with such a huge age difference, wonder why they did that.

ETA: I haven't watched BB in a long time and don't watch the live feed, so who is the AG mentioned in several posts? Thanks 

Edited by dizzyd
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

The most galling points to me about Paul's re-entrance were the additional layers of protection laid about Paul upon re-entrance:

• Paul is automatically exempt from the first eviction.
  • Through the bracelet picks, Paul is also given a First Strike power by which he can put any immediately perceived game adversaries in jeopardy without fear of immediate reprisal.

AG basically ushered in a new bully onto the playground and said, "Ok, people, this is the New Kid - he gets to hit you, but you can't hit back." 

And if that sounds juvenile, it's only because it is.

I agree.  However, you cannot blame Paul for any of this.  I think she did Paul a giant disservice for this type of entrance into the game. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

I agree.  However, you cannot blame Paul for any of this.  I think she did Paul a giant disservice for this type of entrance into the game. 

Paul is already a disservice to himself. He's determined to meme himself (Friendship, PIIIISSED!) and make every highlight reel he can (Pablo the fucking pool floaty, Secret Agent Paul). And that's on top of being loud and obnoxious. 

I'm, um, not a Paul fan. Does it show?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Where is the info about her past?  Can you narrow down the search for me?  

There's bits and pieces about her history in her interviews, but you can search her name (Christmas Abbott) and she pretty much dominates the first page. But in some highlighted terms, she used to be a heavy drinker/smoker as a teenager and a meth-head (I believe around the time of a sibling's death?) before she got herself together and back on track. She enlisted in Iraq and was there for a few years, she's an author, she's a Crossfit trainer, she was that first woman's NASCAR pit driver (as has been said), and I believe she also owns her own gym and is a head coach.

I actually had no idea Megan and Cody were also doing stuff overseas, so she's definitely not the only one. But with her many followers, it seems like she is the most popular out of all the houseguests, Paul included. 

• Love 1

Alex had to have pretended she didn't know what cosplay is, because as such a huge gamer, there is no fucking way she did not know.  I want her gone, I find her incredibly annoying.

I was hoping that Not!Victor also had a poisoned apple because it would serve all three of them right to be in danger after throwing the competition.

Jillian, I may not like Cody, but you can get bent with your sob story.  I lost 50 pounds in a year.  All by my fucking SELF.

However.  Even if I hate all of them, and even if it's not my first love like Survivor, I can't quit this damn show.

One question about Cody, I think, who said he used to be a Marine? I thought you were never an ex-Marine unless dishonorably discharged.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Interesting mix of hamsters this time.

(Of course, I pretty much say that every year at this point in the proceedings...)

Everything was going so nicely.  Then...Paul

If it hadn't involved Paul, I think the friendship bracelet/rose ceremony thing would have been an interesting twist.  What a way to divide the house right away.  I also found Paul's choices to be rather interesting.  He picked some surprises, and left some surprises behind.   Maybe he was choosing strategically, but how strategic could you be on such short acquaintance?  But the most interesting part of the whole thing was the trapeze competition and the apples.  Now, that was where you needed to have a strategic mind.  The only guarantee was to outlast everyone.  Other than that, those who quit early had the advantage because they had more "good" apple possibilities to choose from because of the clues.  The people who were really sort of screwed were the ones who hung out almost to the very end.  That was a diabolical competition.  Hopefully that was on purpose, and not just lucky.  If that is the caliber of the competitions we're going to see for the rest of the season, then I'll be happy. 

Is Previously.tv not going to recap the BB episodes this season?  Did I miss an announcement?  I always enjoyed reading those, the snark is powerful with the PTV recappers...

And boy, oh boy, do I hope the sound editors don't get bored and they keep up with their auditory snark.  The sleighbells for Christmas just killed me, as did the *BAM*  *POW*  effects when Alex was doing her little fake ninja chops.  It also cracked me up when they subtitled Alex when she was introducing herself and she was talking so fast as to be unintelligible, and then cut to Kevin staring at her all confused.  Comedy gold!

True words were never spoken.  

(Also, I'm a softy and I felt bad for Cameron.)

• Love 2

I felt bad for Cameron, too, as I have for all those unfortunate first boots.  This one was a bit more cruel though.  When you have some time on the block to think about the possibility it stings less than this method.  A word to future HGs, keep your crazy on low when you first enter the house.  Josh, you were lucky to choose a safe apple or it would have been you up against anyone.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't like Cameron and I feel certain he would have only gotten worse, but I felt really bad for him, too. That first night boot is bullshit no matter what, but it felt even more cruel here since he's such a big fan.

I was just wondering about this: what would happen if the person who receives the first Temptation takes it but is already nominated for this week? Or would this be for starting next week, in which case what if the person that gets it is booted this week? I admittedly didn't actually listen to Julie explaining the twist so maybe she touched on this stuff.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

More thoughts about Cody: He's a vet who had active duty in combat zones, right? Iraq or Afghanistan? I can see a vet who's had that experience - when every day you wonder if you'll be around the next morning (depending where you are) - viewing Paul as a big wanker.  I wouldn't mind all the exhibitionist stuff about Paul if he was a nice guy. But when he was HOH last year he was so arrogant and mean to house guests he thought were beneath him.

I hated to see Paul.  not only was he mean while in the house, on a post-interview right after he disparaged all of the--saying they were the most immature people he'd ever met.  "Friendship"  "my boy" makes my teeth grind.  

I'm not sure Cody has the social game for this, but I hope he stays long enough to get Paul out.

I was so hoping Josh would get a poisoned apple....I can understand wanting to keep male/female ratio equal, but I felt bad for Cameron.  Don't know what he did to get everyone against him.  I kind of wanted Christmas out....I wasn't impressed that she gave up on the challenge...or wasn't willing to do the eviction by challenge...I understand she doesn't want to appear a threat but as someone pointed out...she's clearly a threat and she should have fought to stay.

11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't like Cameron and I feel certain he would have only gotten worse, but I felt really bad for him, too. That first night boot is bullshit no matter what, but it felt even more cruel here since he's such a big fan.

I was just wondering about this: what would happen if the person who receives the first Temptation takes it but is already nominated for this week? Or would this be for starting next week, in which case what if the person that gets it is booted this week? I admittedly didn't actually listen to Julie explaining the twist so maybe she touched on this stuff.

We don't know how the temptation will work.  If someone takes it it is possible that they don't have to show it immediately.  If they are nominated then yes, probably.   Will everyone know who goes in the den or is it accessible from the DR?  Many unknowns.  And what is the consequence?  Not playing in HOH makes sense but who knows what goes on the the smear that is Groedners brain.  

• Love 1

But as most of you have pointed out, the big downside to this season is the return of latest Grodner pet Paul.  Ugh.  I hated this guy all through BB18 and I think the hate will continue this season.  I honestly feel sorry for the two of you who actually like him.  There's NOTHING to like or adore about him.  At all.

LOL!  You feel sorry?  Really? Awww, I can't speak for the others (there's more than two), but no need to feel sorry for me; I have a great life.  And I think Paul is a hoot.  He's the only house guest last year that made me laugh out loud several times.    

• Love 2
4 hours ago, vb68 said:

One thing that makes me laugh when I stop and think about it is that there apparently has to be a white guy from Texas whose name starts with C. Caleb, Clay, Corey, and now Cody. Heh. It does seem like a thing they are casting for now.

So my best chance of getting cast on this show is to say "I'm Cornholio from Corpus Christi."?  Oops except i'm not white.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm guessing the Den takes place BEFORE nominations. Since the Den is going to be on Sundays, it'll most definitely be before nominations. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm guessing the Den takes place BEFORE nominations. Since the Den is going to be on Sundays, it'll most definitely be before nominations. 

Yes, I agree but there will be more to it.  When do the announce it?   After the nominations I would hope putting stress on HOH to choose another quickly without benefit of discussion with their alliance.  This could be very good and of course very bad if a favorite gets the boot because of this totally ridiculous asinine twist.

I have decided on not buying the feeds.  Now, I may cave but I am going to try the semi immersion method.  There are too many assholes this season. 

I have a bad attitude.  Off to pour a scotch.   brb

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I was sorry to see Paul and I laughed when Cody (apparently) didn't want to suck up. Hate AG and her machinations. Cody gave me a creepy Tom Cruise vibe (so I agree with the "Mapother" that someone else said) but I share his disdain for Paul so I hope he stays. I felt bad for Cameron. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Really? Awww, I can't speak for the others (there's more than two), but no need to feel sorry for me; I have a great life.  And I think Paul is a hoot.  He's the only house guest last year that made me laugh out loud several times.    

Hence why I feel sorry.  Attention whore does not equal hoot.  It equals irritating.

Edited by Star Aristille
9 hours ago, MV007 said:

I get that and I haven't written her off or anything.  But I was more concerned when she said these things to other players.  I'm thinking of her discussion with Paul specifically.

Better than playing the shrinking violet, when you're trying to sell yourself as a useful ally.

(edited)

Well, I'm late to this party since for some reason my last year's Big Brother pass on Tivo didin't pick up this year even with them not changing (like Survivor and TAR changed official show names to fit the season...) What's up with that? Anyhow.

There are as mentioned previously some rather well endowed women this year. Lordy. That Jessica would be the death of me. And is this the most 'fit' set of hamsters ever? I appreciate having Christmas in there as she'll run some of the pumped bro's ragged out in the yard I have a feeling. I felt sorry for Megan during that comp as a bigger/normal girl and them all forced to wear two piece bathing suits to compete in.

I was overwhelmed by the amazing amount of blush and ruby red lipstick on Elena.

Matt (I think?) with the grey hair reminds me of those adds with an old unkempt Brett Favre.

I must say to Julie however... "Fan Favorite"??

inigo-montoya.jpg.48ca0444fea77cc08b500acbfb9db552.jpg

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 8

7 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

inigo-montoya.jpg.48ca0444fea77cc08b500acbfb9db552.jpg

Especially since it was fine-ass Victor who was actually America's Favorite. Maybe Julie's referring to her own fan favorite.

• Love 1
On 6/29/2017 at 1:20 AM, Callaphera said:

When Paul appeared on screen, the husband immediately put his hand up for a high five and yelled, "Friendship! It's our boy, Callaphera!" I had really hoped that pre-show rumour was false but as soon as "fan favourite" was mentioned, I knew. I hate it admit it but Paul is good television. I may be annoyed and dislike the little turd a lot but clearly fans like him. 

Yeah... I can't. Dude seriously looks like he's been smacked in the face with a 2x4 and is just wandering around dazed like he isn't sure where he is or if that name on his underwear is really his. His first DR made me shake my head and say "Somethin' just ain't right with that boy." It's not that he's dead in the eyes. He's vacant in the eyes. 

Josh can just... go away now, please. There's something so off putting about that man child. And no, you're certainly not our boy. Both him and Paul with those delusions of grandeur. Kevin is definitely Diet Boogie to me, at least looks wise. And Elena needs to lay off of that deep red lipstick. Her lips look massive with that colour when she's talking.

It's actually kind of a promising start. There are those I hate off the bat but there aren't many of them. I have hope for this season. How long until you think I eat those words?

ETA: And I expect this but when someone says their crocheting, don't show them with a giant knitting needle in hand? 

There are giant crochet hooks that are HUGE for doing rugs or other large, bulky fabrics. I think that's what she was doing. :)

I love Paul! Hated him at first last year but grew to really love the little scamp. Must be the Grandma in me! 

Saw the 1 st part then the recorder went crazy and didn't record part 2. Maybe it doesn't like Paul either? 

3 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

There are giant crochet hooks that are HUGE for doing rugs or other large, bulky fabrics. I think that's what she was doing. :)

I thought that at first but I swore I saw multiple loops on the shaft. Now I'm doubting myself. 

I haven't watched this since the the first season or so. I only watched a bit of it, but I might tune in this time. Someone mentioned Raven in a gastroparesis facebook group, and I recognized Christmas' name from the bookstore. I flipped through book about a month ago. 

If you're more likely to get a safe apple from a red snake than a yellow snake and there are two of each then either a) red snakes both have safe apples and only one yellow snake has a safe apple or b) one red snake has a safe apple and both yellow snakes have poisoned apples.  When the next clue was that one of the yellow snakes has a safe apple, why didn't anyone jump off and grab that other red snake's apple?  The other red snake was literally the last one chosen. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

And was that one in fact a safe apple? I know someone said they jumped down and then instantly forget the clues they jumped down because of.

It was safe; Megan and Alex got those. 

Cameron forgot the clues as soon as he jumped down. Microbiologist, huh..

• Love 1

Ah, okay... my mind just doesn't work with those kind of riddle things, too much like math I guess. I never reached a point when hearing any number of clues that I knew someone should pick a certain apple for assured safety. I liked the comp though.

• Love 1

Julie made one really really big misstatement about the comp, though,  when she said the longer you wait the better your chances of getting a safe apple. That only applies if chance has not led to all of the safe apples being picked early in the comp - in which case the longer you wait, the less chance you have of getting a safe apple. 

• Love 3
On 6/29/2017 at 6:29 PM, dizzyd said:

ETA: I haven't watched BB in a long time and don't watch the live feed, so who is the AG mentioned in several posts? Thanks 

Allison Grodner, producer.

Have to admit one of my favorite BB Production Fails of all time occurred in the first ten minutes of the first episode.

When Julie Chen says to the first eight HGs, "Hello Houseguests! Take a look at your new summer home!" 

And they ALL TURN AND LOOK AT... a door.

Yep.  That's a door, all right. 

A simple, featureless, don't-look-like-jack-shit-anything-special door.

Dunno what kind of reaction Production was anticipating, but I expect TPTB found the HGs' responses... somewhat underwhelming.  :>

4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Interesting how the person getting the consequence from the temptee is randomly chosen.  No using it to nail a target.

Random to who?  Definitely not Production.  Insofar as we have no idea which HG is associated with which number, "HG #2" can be anybody they want it to be.  Who's to say different?

• Love 2