Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

Celebs being good sports, having a little fun, helping raise awareness of a devastating disease, which in turn has lead to a massive boost in donations to the charity, and, in the case of people like Chris, sensible water use...

What's not to like?

Oh I don't know, the people who are just doing it because everyone else is maybe? People who are only doing it because they see famous people doing it? People who don't even know why they are doing it?

So long as people are happy being lemmings, more power to them.

• Love 1

Lemmings have contributed close to 24 million this year to ALS research as opposed to 2 million last year. Btw, Lea Solanga also challenged Darren so he has 24 hours to resist and maintain his artistic integrity and not do it.

I

I think Darren is more likely to just donate the money. And isn't that better than just dumping water on yourself?

Oh he was challenged by lance bass days ago so ....

Edited by MizStaken

Glee press release and Fact sheet from FOX

So, in the press release, they take the time to mention various awards--and even LM's Golden Globe nom (you'd think they would have mentioned her Emmy nom)--but not CC or his Golden Globe win (or Emmy noms). Then, he's only listed at all on the fact sheet. You'd never know CC, KM, and AR were regular cast from the press release.

Edited by indeed

Glee press release and Fact sheet from FOX

So, in the press release, they take the time to mention various awards--and even LM's Golden Globe nom (you'd think they would have mentioned her Emmy nom)--but not CC or his Golden Globe win (or Emmy noms). Then, he's only listed at all on the fact sheet. You'd never know CC, KM, and AR were regular cast from the press release.

Good for Chris, Kevin and Amber the doesn't have to be mixed with this stuff.  :)

But really not sure why the press release doesn't but every site that I have seen has meniton them though. 

Wierd it doesn't  mention Lea's emmy nom or Jane's GG win and it doesn't mention Matt's emmy or gg nom.   It very well could have added Kurt/Chris as having a surprsing new gig in LIima too.

Edited by tom87
(edited)

Let's face it, the promo and marketing of Glee is bush league.

I can imagine Chris people shake their heads that the show can't even promote one of its highest profile and acclaimed actors in a friggin press release.

Can't wait for the BTS segments with the lopsided bias even more glaring.

Edited by caracas1914

Even more amusing when you consider that Chris's animated movie is slated to open in mid-January, right around the time when what little PR push Glee is likely to try should be happening. So while they're trying to scrape together some media interest for Glee, Chris will be doing interviews and attending premiere events for his film.

The irony is absolutely delicious.

• Love 1

When your career stalls... there's always Boobage.

This is not the Glee star I thought would go this way.

It's got a black bar, so technically this is work safe. Mostly. - http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/news/a601009/glee-star-dianna-agron-poses-topless-in-new-photoshoot.html#~oRM8YjOSHJLLj4

She isn't doing this because her career has stalled it is because she is trying to kick start some publicity for herself.

Nothing to high profile but she has several movies in the "can" so now she needs to promote herself for when these film do start to get released.

Edited by tom87

When your career stalls... there's always Boobage.

This is not the Glee star I thought would go this way.

It's got a black bar, so technically this is work safe. Mostly. - http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/news/a601009/glee-star-dianna-agron-poses-topless-in-new-photoshoot.html#~oRM8YjOSHJLLj4

I find this post insulting and misogynist. There is no sign of Dianna Agronn's career stalling, hell she never seems to stop working. She's not going 'this' way. She did a photoshoot topless, she's not posing for Playboy. And even if she did its her body to do whatever the hell she likes with.

Also, she looks amazing in the picture.

• Love 3

You're interpreting a lot from a single sentence (for example that I wouldn't say the same about a naked pose from a male star), so lets leave this with us disagreeing about my intent and move on, okay?

As for the state of Agron's career, I was going by what's been released and perhaps shouldn't have. It looks like she has a lot of stuff in the can that hasn't come out yet, and I will admit I knew nothing of those.

• Love 1

So, I only follow Glee spoilers, because I want to know what hot mess I'm getting before I commit to the hour.  My question, for anyone who knows the answer:  Is it common to have spoilers be this detailed?  Because I looked back, and MJ's past spoilers (and some spoilers I've seen elsewhere focused on Santana/Brittany) have largely proven to be accurate.

I'm curious because if Glee basically allows these spoilers to leak - it almost seems like this is a marketing ploy.  (which is why I put this question here) That is, they get fans stirred up (they don't appear to care whether it's in a good or bad way) and therefore people interested in the show.  Am I way off?  Is this just common for TV shows and I just don't know it?

So, I only follow Glee spoilers, because I want to know what hot mess I'm getting before I commit to the hour.  My question, for anyone who knows the answer:  Is it common to have spoilers be this detailed?  Because I looked back, and MJ's past spoilers (and some spoilers I've seen elsewhere focused on Santana/Brittany) have largely proven to be accurate.

I'm curious because if Glee basically allows these spoilers to leak - it almost seems like this is a marketing ploy.  (which is why I put this question here) That is, they get fans stirred up (they don't appear to care whether it's in a good or bad way) and therefore people interested in the show.  Am I way off?  Is this just common for TV shows and I just don't know it?

Sometimes they have been pretty detail. The songs always are spoiled.    This does seem a bit more but they they certainly know the info is being spoiled.

Please, like they didn't come up with this beforehand to get themselves and Glee some extra publicity. Or, more likely, their people came up with it.

Also: Lea, boobs OR legs. Not both. Darren, wear socks.

Lea is such a gorgeous girl, but she frequently commits the fashion sin of trying too damn hard and too obviously. I'd love to see her tone it down a little and try to make it a little more effortless elegant and less deliberate sex pot.

As for Darren... there's no hope for him. The only think that would fix this would be gasoline and a flame thrower.

Please, like they didn't come up with this beforehand to get themselves and Glee some extra publicity. Or, more likely, their people came up with it.

I don't think so in this case. Chord and Kevin also ran in front of Lea but without mugging for the cameras, and Ms Lange too. I think that's a know Darren schtick, people said he used to do it a lot before like at the HP7 premiere in London. 

As for Darren... there's no hope for him. The only think that would fix this would be gasoline and a flame thrower.

Throw shade on him all you want, I'll help. But do you realise how this sounds?

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I've always wondered if showing boobs and legs is such a fashion faux paux why do they design so many dresses that way?

I will never understand no socks, in dress shoes especially.  How gross are his shoes be? 

Edited by tom87

I've always wondered if showing boobs and legs is such a fashion faux paux why do they design so many dress that way?

Because lots of young and not-so-young starlets love wearing them. Hell, I ask how does all this sheer madness get made that looks godawful on everyone? Because people still wear it. Showing skin has always been an easy way to get noticed.

I would've liked Lea's dress with a different neckline, I think. The colour looks pretty on her.

I hope you mean his outfit. Although I don't think it's that bad, except for the missing socks.

Maybe they just like the look?

Well, I personally think those sheer dresses look terrible on just about anyone - I certainly never saw a dress and thought "this would be so much better if it was see-through", but the boobs/legs combination dresses? Sure, people like them. Lots of girls wear those kinds of dresses. I prefer it when the focus is on one of these things, but mileage varies. It's not like Lea always wears dresses like these either, she's worn lots of beautiful gowns that showcased her looks in a great way. It's this particular dress that would benefit from a different neckline - or keep the neckline, but make it long and without a slit (though the fabric would overwhelm a longer dress, so I still prefer my first version).

I've officially given this more thought than any episode of Glee last season.

Edited by KatWay

Wow. I don't even know what to say.....

As for Lea, she's basically flat chested. So I think she pulls off the look. It'd look trashy if she were more well endowed.

I think Lea mixes it a up a lot sometimes she bares the skin sometimes not so much.   Her last three red carpet looks have all been totally different.  One a mix print  with a long skirt no cleavage at all, then a white dress with cleavage  with a skirt that hit right below the knee and then this one that had both leg and cleavage.    

Funny that the writers of these stories often act like every time lea bares some skin it is the first time and act shocked.    Going back over the years I just think Lea likes the look.  I remember couple of shirts she wore on glee hot topic and cd tours in the first season would revealing. 

I also agree she doesn't have much in the boob area to show so it doesn't really come off as too much to me most of the time. 

Edited by tom87

Pretty sure that Hana Chan meant that Darren's outfit should be set on fire, guys.

Thank you! Yes, that is what I was saying. The clothes and maybe his hair (which really is awful). I keep thinking about this great line in a fanfic I read years ago when Sue was so offended by Blaine's hair that she ordered him to shave it off and start over. I'd love to do that with Darren.

Man.... when sarcasm gets misinterpreted...

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes, I realize they are probably wearing those mini ankle socks, but of all the silly stupid fashion trends men wearing dress shoes with "no socks" has to be up there.

A suit, shirt with tie, dress shoes and no socks.

Nothing screams pointless fashion trend more.

Not quite as serious an issue as the Ebola but quite appropriate for previously TV.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Good to hear it was meant for his outfit, but I'm really puzzled what's so bad about it that it has to be "torched". The sockless loafer look has been around for a while, and the rest is pretty normal red carpet outfit. I think his stylist fumbles sometimes but this is not one of those occasions. As for Lea, I don't like her red carpet fashion - for instance I think this outfit and styling ages her quite a bit, but that's as far as I'd go since she seems to have fun with it.

Edited by fakeempress
(edited)
The sockless loafer look has been around for a while,

Oh I know, it's been around for ages, boat shoes, sneakers, etc, For me personally it's just annoying that recently it's paired with formal attire such as suit/tie.    Kevin also used the sock less look for this premiere (and let's not get going on some of Kevin's fashion choices through the years) but it was done with a deliberately pared down, much more casual look.

What I didn't like about Lea's look in photos was that it screamed "crushed velvet" even though it obviously wasn't.  Like I said, as far as Lea's look she's done some far better and far worse.

Jacob's outfit was good but I'm not sure it's because I think he's extremely good looking LOL.

Edited by caracas1914

Not fond of the no socks look but one thing I appreciate about Darren on the red carpet is that he is tailored to perfection 99% of the time.  Tailoring can make or break a red carpet look, for men especially and too many celebrities don't get their clothes tailored for them.  It was a perpetual complaint I had about Cory's red carpet looks.  Very few of his (especially early on) were tailored to fit his frame.  

As for Lea's red carpet look this time the rule of thumb is only have 2 of the following 4 "bare" - chest, shoulders, back, legs.  She is showing three - chest, shoulders, leg.  The dress would have worked better for me with a less plunging neckline or some sleeves.  

• Love 1
As for Lea's red carpet look this time the rule of thumb is only have 2 of the following 4 "bare" - chest, shoulders, back, legs.  She is showing three - chest, shoulders, leg.  The dress would have worked better for me with a less plunging neckline or some sleeves.

I wasn't really a fan of that dress, but that dress would have looked horrible with sleeves.  The material was way to heavy.  I think it'd be awful.

Lea's had some hits and some big misses. This one, for me, was a miss. The fabric was problematic (agree with the assessment that it looked like crushed velvet) and it was just too revealing. I get that Lea wants to dress in a young and sexy manner, but sexy doesn't have to mean having everything showing all at once. I think that her stylist tends to jump on trends rather than really creating a signature look for Lea.

But when she picks the right outfit and they doesn't screw up the hair and makeup, Lea can look amazing on the red carpet. Chris, Kevin and Harry also turn out really well and in very different ways. Kevin goes for some funky designs that even Kurt would turn his nose up at for being too out there and pulls them off, while Harry always looks very clean cut and well put together. Chris has this old-Hollywood style translated through a young prism that really works for him. And I've liked a number outfits that Amber, Heather and Naya have worn to events.

Do have to say that Diana has been attending a bunch of things lately and has looked amazing. Her stylist is definitely doing right by her.

Edited by Hana Chan

The male actors on glee are generally much more handsome than the characters they play, which I don't really understand. Darren and Kevin are probably the most different, but it's true of almost all the male actors who've been regulars.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Harry Shum Jr. and Dianna Agron have the advantage that they are both simply drop dead gorgeous people.    Harry has the body of a male model and has a Dorian Grey portrait somewhere, he looks both youthful and yet a man,  and Dianna has that whole Grace Kelly vibe to her.

Edited by caracas1914

I think Harry Shum Jr. and Dianna Agron have the advantage that they are both simply drop dead gorgeous people.    Harry has the body of a male model and has a Dorian Grey portrait somewhere, he looks both youthful and yet a man,  and Dianna has that whole Grace Kelly vibe to her.

I think if you look up 'flawless' in the dictionary you'll find pictures of Harry and Diana.

• Love 1