Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Cloudy With a Chance of Secrets

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I know!  This season is really prime for a reunion, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I really like Captain Sandy, but that was a really dumb form of punishment.  She took her off nights to "avoid temptation?"  How embarrassing.  And it's not like this is a pattern with Hannah.  (And if it was, she should be fired).  I think Sandy just didn't know how else to handle it.  

I think Sandy was managing Hannah's tendency to stay up too late and not be present for morning service. Sandy checked to see how late Adam had been up. Bugs said she was a little surprised when Hannah went to bed at 4 because Bugs thought she'd accidentally overslept. Something about the way Sandy asked about it made me think this was an ongoing issue.

26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And the annoying girl, Ben was also in there for a bit. Also, Nico and what's her name bitched about Kate ratting them out because she told the Captain that the bathroom needed to be repaired because one of them pulled off a panel.

Kyle asked Kate if he could use one of the rooms to masterbate. She said yes. Nico and Lauren got stupid drunk and intruded on Kyle's solo sesh. Ben had been out drinking with his brother and came back wasted. Ben, Nico, and Lauren trashed the room while Kyle sulked. After the room was trashed, Captain Lee confined them to the ship. Nico was pissed because he thought Kate had ratted them out. Whereas, Lee used his eyes, ears, and working brain to figure out what happened. Ben was somehow surprised that being confined to the ship meant that he was confined to the ship. Lee let Ben visit with his brother on the ship which translated to Ben and his brother eating the ship's caviar and drinking a ton of the ship wine until Lee told them to wrap it up.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Whereas, Lee used his eyes, ears, and working brain to figure out what happened.

No he was notified because Kate asked someone to fix the broken panel in the bathroom, it required No detective work. He found our about the repair asked Kate and because he is the captain she told him.

I love that Adam was all he has only known you for 5 days about Wes when he had only known her for three weeks longer.

Also, didn't Captain Sandy already tell Adam that he needed to dress more professionally. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Sandy was managing Hannah's tendency to stay up too late and not be present for morning service. Sandy checked to see how late Adam had been up. Bugs said she was a little surprised when Hannah went to bed at 4 because Bugs thought she'd accidentally overslept. Something about the way Sandy asked about it made me think this was an ongoing issue.

Kyle asked Kate if he could use one of the rooms to masterbate. She said yes. Nico and Lauren got stupid drunk and intruded on Kyle's solo sesh. Ben had been out drinking with his brother and came back wasted. Ben, Nico, and Lauren trashed the room while Kyle sulked. After the room was trashed, Captain Lee confined them to the ship. Nico was pissed because he thought Kate had ratted them out. Whereas, Lee used his eyes, ears, and working brain to figure out what happened. Ben was somehow surprised that being confined to the ship meant that he was confined to the ship. Lee let Ben visit with his brother on the ship which translated to Ben and his brother eating the ship's caviar and drinking a ton of the ship wine until Lee told them to wrap it up.

You give them an inch and they take a freakin' mile! IMD it would have only been "a yard!"

• Love 1
(edited)

What Bugs did was wrong, but I just hate Hannah so much that I can't side with her.  I have hated her since last season.  I hate that she always calls the main salon the saloon (she actually didn't do it this episode, for once), I hate the sound of her voice and the way she talks (I actually enjoy an Australian accent, but for some reason I can't stand hers), I hate that she's bitchy but not in a witty or funny way. I hate that she's petty, gossipy, and a bad boss.  I hate the pathetic way she threw herself at everyone last season.  I hate how she tries to posture like she's all bad ass, but she's really weak as fuck.  I don't even like Kate that much, but Hannah has always just seemed like a cheap Kate imitation to me.  I do think she is gorgeous though. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Leave it to Bugs to bring the issue up in the first place.  Sandy only asked Adam what time he went to bed because Bugs intentionally told her that Hannah didn't hit the sack until 4 AM.  What a rat.  

I think the crew alternate shifts in order to always be available for the guests almost round-the-clock, so that at least one stew stays up 'till the last guest goes to bed, and the other stews, who went to bed early, get up early for breakfast service.  Bugs said that as chief stew, she thinks it's best to always be up early to help the guests plan their day, which is certainly her prerogative, but since she's not chief stew, it was another dig at Hannah.  

• Love 13

Also, just to point out about the time stamps, they never showed Hannah leaving the primary`s room they only showed her getting into bed and given the timing she still had to clean up the salon and everything from the party so 4:30 doesn't seem weird with just a quick snog.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

What Bugs did was wrong, but I just hate Hannah so much that I can't side with her.  I have hated her since last season.  I hate that she always calls the main salon the saloon (she actually didn't do it this episode, for once), I hate the sound of her voice and the way she talks (I actually enjoy an Australian accent, but for some reason I can't stand hers), I hate that she's bitchy but not in a witty or funny way. I hate that she's petty, gossipy, and a bad boss.  I hate the pathetic way she threw herself at everyone last season.  I hate how she tries to posture like she's all bad ass, but she's really weak as fuck.  I don't even like Kate that much, but Hannah has always just seemed like a cheap Kate imitation to me.  I do think she is gorgeous though. 

I couldn't stand her last season,  but Bugs and her two faced bitchiness have made me like her in comparison. Actually,  I find everyone,  with the exception of Lauren and the guy with the girlfriend, less likable than Hannah. 

• Love 4

To me, the whole Bugs and Hannah situation doesn't have to be an either/or.  They both did improper/unprofessional things. Hannah should not have kissed the primary.  However, that doesn't excuse Bugs' behavior. Bugs should never have read the messages on the iPad. That is a gross violation of the primary's privacy. It opens her up to additional speculation: what other messages of the primary's did she read? See, now you can't necessarily trust her around certain items because she has shown that she will go into a primary's messages and not only peruse through them but remain logged in for an entire day to continue to read them. According to Hannah's twitter, the primary guest was not amused.

I like Max's girlfriend. They are a perfect match, IMO.  Both cute and a little dim.  LOL. 

15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also, just to point out about the time stamps, they never showed Hannah leaving the primary`s room they only showed her getting into bed and given the timing she still had to clean up the salon and everything from the party so 4:30 doesn't seem weird with just a quick snog.

From my understanding of previous BD seasons, the late stew normally cleans up the interior to make sure it is ready for guests in the morning.  I think it was Kate that got irritated with a stew that didn't do that once and the interior was trashed for when she woke up in the morning. She was happy that the guests slept in that morning so she could get it cleaned up first. 

• Love 6
(edited)
46 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

To me, the whole Bugs and Hannah situation doesn't have to be an either/or.  They both did improper/unprofessional things. Hannah should not have kissed the primary.  However, that doesn't excuse Bugs' behavior.

In my case, I dislike Hannah so much that I just don't care about Bugs wronging her.  I'm ambivalent about the possibly invasion of privacy regarding the guest's Facebook messages because I assume in general that Facebook messages are not private.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Leave it to Bugs to bring the issue up in the first place.  Sandy only asked Adam what time he went to bed because Bugs intentionally told her that Hannah didn't hit the sack until 4 AM.  What a rat.  

I think the crew alternate shifts in order to always be available for the guests almost round-the-clock, so that at least one stew stays up 'till the last guest goes to bed, and the other stews, who went to bed early, get up early for breakfast service.  Bugs said that as chief stew, she thinks it's best to always be up early to help the guests plan their day, which is certainly her prerogative, but since she's not chief stew, it was another dig at Hannah.  

THIS!! Bugs was so shady this episode, yet this specific comment to the captain was such passive-aggressive sabotage to hint that Hannah was inappropriate in her duties The captain did not need to know that Hannah came in to her bunk to sleep at 4:30 am, which "confused" Bugs and she got "disoriented" thinking it was time to get up and she might have "overslept." Captain Sandy's antenna  went straight up on that and she starts asking questions. To Adam, "Did YOU have to stay up that late too?" And Adam said, "No, I was done and went to bed at 2:30 am." Bugs purposefully got Captain Sandy's antenna up and she became suspicious of WHY Hannah was up so late, even if she WAS taking care of guests up that late (she wasn't, well... just one, lol), It immediately put concern on Sandy's radar that Hannah may be staying late "to party" with the guests. She even made that general announcement at the tip meeting that it may be tempting to party with guests, it is not acceptable. Bugs just threw shade on Hannah for staying up so late, when there was no reason to report when Hannah went to sleep except to make her look like she is unprofessional. Besides the clandestine make out sesh with the primary, (which no one knew about), and the flirting attention that was then only continued after he left the charter, Hannah has never shirked her duties in any way by mismanaging her time and not attending to guests. Bugsy simply wanted to make Hannah look bad for returning to her cabin so late that it might trigger Sandy to question why and investigate when the guests went to sleep. It was super shady and proved to me, more than any of the other shenanigans, that Bugsy is really trying to undermine Hannah and make Hannah look bad and/or irresponsible to the boss. It is no one's business what time Hannah went to bed. Bugsy and Lauren were on for mornings. It is another case of Bugsy inserting her *opinion* that chief stew "should" be on in the mornings in order to communicate with the guests first thing. That is what you think, Miss-I-would-be-so-much-better-at-running-the-interior-than-Hannah. And this was all BEFORE she found the iPad. STFU Bugs. If Hannah is on late and you are on early, it is none of your fucking business what time she goes to bed, unless it is interefering with your ability to do your job-- and it is not! SUCH A CATTY MOVE. 

That said, 1 point to add regarding Hannah, and also Kate's, personality, coping with stress, and management style. I have noticed that they both often tend to split in idealization and devaluation of one stew v. the other. So, in this case, Hannah brought some of this on herself because her personality "hurt" and "pissed off" Bugsy, who then was looking for opportunities to prove her own belief that Hannah was not so great as Chief Stew and making mistakes.

From the beginning, Hannah complained to Bugsy about how they were so busy that she did not have time for and could not deal with Lauren's crying issues about feeling alienated from everyone because of Bobby, and her hiding in the laundry room. Bugsy offered to step up and help be empathetic to Lauren and give her the attention she needs and help to get her on track-- which Hannah was thrilled about! Yes, thank you for dealing with her and listening to her anxieties about nonsense drama that I don't have time for and show her how to do some other interior stuff. Hannah had too much other stuff getting the boat ready and first few charters and had little patience for Lauren's melodramatics. It appears that Bugsy took this as an assignment that she would manage Lauren and how to best handle her emotional issues and give her tasks. When things became too much, Hannah came in to the guest bedroom to have a stew talk with both, find out what IS THE PROBLEM STILL with Lauren and listened, gave a little love and empathy and how she wanted it handled moving forward. This made Bugsy rather upset that Hannah intruded in this manner because in Bugsy's mind, Hannah had put Bugsy in charge of supervising and handling problem child Lauren, which Bugsy felt she was doing quite well at that task. Bugsy seemed affronted that Hannah got involved in talking to Lauren and telling her how it is going to be from now on. Bugsy even challenged Hannah in the moment and Hannah said, yes you have been primarily dealing with Lauren, but I am Chief Stew and we have got to get it together, it is enough already, and this is how it will be done from here and what I expect.  That was the first great insult to Bugsy. THEN, Hannah suggested that instead of Hannah going shopping with Adam, that it might be a nice treat for Bugsy to go and get off the boat, especially after her grandmother grief. Bugs and Adam bonded. THEN, when Adam was being awful to Hannah and suggested Bugsy be Chief Stew because she can do better, Hannah became so annoyed with Adam for undermining her in front of Bugsy and also angry with Bugsy for not saying anything. This turned in to a lot of Hannah's anger and frustration getting pointed at Bugsy and created a new triangle where Lauren was now the golden child who Hannah could vent to, and Bugsy "developing this giant head that she thinks she could do a better job." Adam and his onions were a big part of this too, yet Bugsy was suddenly being obviously ignored and talked about all night out with drinks as Hannah now aligned with Lauen and Bugsy was on the outs. All of this was obvious and appeared to have been stressful and upsetting for Bugsy. When you go out with co-worker's and your boss has given you a task and then taken it away (in Bugsy's mind), then takes the dickhead chef's words and blames her for it and is blatantly talking shit about Bugsy ALL NIGHT to the former problem child, who now appears they are BFFs. This created great resentments for Bugsy and she became defensive. Then once defensive, she (consciously or not consciously) began to look for and point out ways to others in which she felt Hannah was "not professional" and how Bugsy would have handled it differently (and better). 

To summarize, Bugsy is completely inappropriate and a dick for saying that "casually" to the captain. However, I do think Hannah's tendency to personally split and triangulate this season contributed to Bugsy's feelings towards Hannah; and had all of that not occurred, Bugsy *may have* (who knows?) been more loyal to Hannah, rather than throwing her under the bus and quickly involving the people who she is now close with (the deck crew) because she has been increasingly iced out by the stews. 

Bugsy may have gone ahead and been disloyal and sneaky and disrespectful anyway. We shall never know. However, the way that Hannah handled the stress with Adam and had she not become so passive-aggressive that night with Bugsy and talked to her directly (instead of ABOUT HER to everyone in front of her face),  Bugsy *may* have had warmer feelings and loyalty to Hannah, instead of feeling abandoned by her. Classic conflict resolution mistakes that trickle down and escalate in to later actions and consequences. 

Edited by Luckylondon
Correct mistakes, add paragraphs, try to edit
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

In my case, I dislike Hannah so much that I just don't care about Bugs wronging her.  I'm ambivalent about the possibly invasion of privacy regarding the guest's Facebook messages because I assume in general that Facebook messages are not private.

It wasn't Facebook messages. It looked like it was the Messages app on iPhones and iPads (so, cell phone text messages). But most people do assume that their Facebook Messages would be private. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

It wasn't Facebook messages. It looked like it was the Messages app on iPhones and iPads (so, cell phone text messages). But most people do assume that their Facebook Messages would be private. 

The article linked to in a post on page 1 said it was Facebook Messenger and I took that at face value without turning on my iPad to check (I primarily use Android devices and just have ios stuff for app testing).  Upon actually checking, you are right, it does look like the ios Messages app.  

Regarding Facebook messages, unless a message is encrypted someone with access to the server could read it.  Most people probably do not have secret conversations turned on in FB Messenger.  While I doubt the average user's messages are being read, they could be either through data breaches or just something as simple as an employee looking.  Having managed servers with this kind of data on them, I just assume everything is not secure nor private unless it is explicitly stated.  FB data policies also allow them to transfer your data to vendors for various purposes like analytics.  So that's more servers your messages could potentially live on and more places they could be exposed. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The article linked to in a post on page 1 said it was Facebook Messenger and I took that at face value without turning on my iPad to check (I primarily use Android devices and just have ios stuff for app testing).  Upon actually checking, you are right, it does look like the ios Messages app.  

Regarding Facebook messages, unless a message is encrypted someone with access to the server could read it.  Most people probably do not have secret conversations turned on in FB Messenger.  While I doubt the average user's messages are being read, they could be either through data breaches or just something as simple as an employee looking.  Having managed servers with this kind of data on them, I just assume everything is not secure nor private unless it is explicitly stated.  FB data policies also allow them to transfer your data to vendors for various purposes like analytics.  So that's more servers your messages could potentially live on and more places they could be exposed. 

To me, there is a difference between thinking something is encrypted vs having a reasonable right that a stew wouldn't pick up a device and start reading all of your messages. I know that Facebook Messages could be hacked but that is different than having an employee read all of your messages for an entire day. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

To me, the whole Bugs and Hannah situation doesn't have to be an either/or.  They both did improper/unprofessional things. Hannah should not have kissed the primary.  However, that doesn't excuse Bugs' behavior. Bugs should never have read the messages on the iPad. That is a gross violation of the primary's privacy. It opens her up to additional speculation: what other messages of the primary's did she read? See, now you can't necessarily trust her around certain items because she has shown that she will go into a primary's messages and not only peruse through them but remain logged in for an entire day to continue to read them. According to Hannah's twitter, the primary guest was not amused.

I like Max's girlfriend. They are a perfect match, IMO.  Both cute and a little dim.  LOL. 

From my understanding of previous BD seasons, the late stew normally cleans up the interior to make sure it is ready for guests in the morning.  I think it was Kate that got irritated with a stew that didn't do that once and the interior was trashed for when she woke up in the morning. She was happy that the guests slept in that morning so she could get it cleaned up first. 

After I read your post I went to check out Hannah's twitter.  Someone tweeted: Lmao you can either hookup with the guy making breakfast on a yacht or the guy ordering breakfast on a yacht.  Ahahaha.......that made me laugh!   In your face Malia!

• Love 9

When Hanna left the boat and Bobby and Max were following her, was she going to meetup with the guest? Was she out looking for him and didn't find him? Bobby and Max saw him across the way with his friends. Wasn't it just a hookup for the guest and that was the end of Hanna for him?

56 minutes ago, Pickles said:

When Hanna left the boat and Bobby and Max were following her, was she going to meetup with the guest? Was she out looking for him and didn't find him? Bobby and Max saw him across the way with his friends. Wasn't it just a hookup for the guest and that was the end of Hanna for him?

That was confusing to me. Really bad editing. 

• Love 4

So Adam and Malia met at a "Yacht Certification Class" three weeks before coming on the boat. So basically they hire folks who know absolutely nothing about yachting and teach them port and starboard and a few other things and then have us pretend that they are actually accomplished boat people :)

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, dleighg said:

So Adam and Malia met at a "Yacht Certification Class" three weeks before coming on the boat. So basically they hire folks who know absolutely nothing about yachting and teach them port and starboard and a few other things and then have us pretend that they are actually accomplished boat people :)

I didn't understand that, either, because Adam claims to have been working on yachts for 10 years.  Malia does say that this is her first experience on a yacht (I think she said she's worked on other charter boats prior - just not luxury yachts).  Maybe the certification is something you have to renew each year?  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I didn't understand that, either, because Adam claims to have been working on yachts for 10 years.  Malia does say that this is her first experience on a yacht (I think she said she's worked on other charter boats prior - just not luxury yachts).  Maybe the certification is something you have to renew each year?  

That was my thought...  I did a quick Google and couldn't find anything definitive. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cincivic said:

Didn't Hannah rail against Danny, last year, for flirting with a guest?

Hopefully I'm remembering this correctly - Danny didn't just "flirt" with a guest.  Danny out and out peeping tom'd a guest "threesome" in the hot tub and then intruded upon it to ask if they "needed" anything, which, if I recall, was a little embarrasing for them.   

Bugs is well named.  Because she does.  She is absolutely annoyed as hell that she's not the Chief Stew (and I wonder why she isn't on a boat where she would have that distinction) and has spent the entire season prefacing everything with "if I were Chief Stew.  The clincher that she was a duplicitous bitch came when Adam made that remark that "maybe Bugs should be Chief Stew."  If Bugs had a shred of integrity, she would immediately have popped up with "sure we all like compliments, Adam, but that remark was way over the line."  She didn't.  And after that, Hannah should have stuck her on toilet duty for the rest of the season.  

• Love 9

My two cents. Taking away feelings for the crew before this episode, both Hannah and Bugs were wrong and both should apologize for their actions. I'm sick of these shows having two screw ups and then spend the rest of the season fighting over who was "more" wrong, and somehow validating whatever was "less" wrong. 

Bugs ys should have stopped reading the iPad once she figured out what was going on and brought it to Hannah. I'll even give her credit, and justify her taking it to Bobby first, because she could have felt it would turn into a case of "she said, she said" with Hannah and Bugs might have thought Hannah would somehow use this to turn against her. Bobby has a relationship with Hannah and should have softened the blow when confronting her. 

Hannah was unprofessional, not just with the kiss but obviously with the texting. And if memory serves, she only confessed the kiss to the captain. As someone else mentioned, what if NOBODY on the crew found the iPad before the next charter and the GUESTS were the ones reading through the text messages for amusement? Bugs acted shady but Hannah put the crew at risk. Neither can claim the moral high ground. 

(Lastly, I like Hannah, but I don't think it's right for her to now use her position to treat Bugs poorly.  I've had a lot of bosses, but the best ones never use their position to exert their dominance over their subordinates. Both Hannah and Kate have this problem, imo.)

• Love 11
(edited)

I donned my reality tv tinfoil hat this morning, and I started to wonder if Capn Sandy actually, already knew about Hannah's interactions with the primary and kind of didn't care, but felt she needed to do something... hence the weird "punishment" of being moved off the late shift.

3 hours ago, cincivic said:

Didn't Hannah rail against Danny, last year, for flirting with a guest?

She did... but it was on top of a bunch of other crappy, crazy behavior. He didn't just flirt with the one guest, with no other problems. He appointed himself Julie the Cruise Director. He would try to worm himself into the guests' partying in the name of "great service," all while shirking his real responsibilities. He took pictures with the "calendar girls"--and then showed the pictures to a guest/guests from a different charter. He mooned over the one woman VERY obviously.

In comparison, Hannah may be obnoxious in her own way, but she generally stays at a remove and at least tried to keep her interactions discreet.

If all he did was flirt a little, I don't think it would have been as bad to her. Didn't Kelly flirt with a guest last year too? I don't remember anyone getting that bent out of shape. And certainly no one went to the lengths that Bugs did in tattling to everyone. Maybe I'm misremembering. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 6

Regardless of Bugsy's feelings about Hannah's unprofessional behavior (and it WAS unprofessional, no question), reading the private messages of a primary guest is, frankly, ALSO a fireable offense.  Bugsy has no moral high ground here.  Had she simply logged out and informed Hannah immediately -- or even the Captain immediately -- I'd be more inclined to be on her side.  Hannah hasn't been the nicest to Bugs, because she feels threatened by her, so it's not surprising that Bugsy would want to retaliate in some manner.  But reading the chats as they happen in real time for eight or nine HOURS?  While sharing it with the rest of the crew?  That's intentionally humiliating to Hannah, and a massive breach of the primary guest's privacy.  Were I that primary guest, I'd have demanded Bugs's head on a platter for that, and would have rescinded her tip.

• Love 8

I'm going along with the poster above that speculated that the editors had been kind to Bugs early in the season because of the loss of her grandmother.  It would not surprise me in the least to learn that she's been a first-class pain in the ass and gossip since day one and a thorn in Hannah's side, knowing that she could fall back on her "recent loss" to deflect any criticism of her behavior.  

And I'd love to hear from some of Bugs' coworkers about her treatment of them when she was Chief Stew.  Have any of them popped up anywhere.?

(Of course, if it turns out she was absolutely fabulous in that role, I'm going to need a good red wine to wash down the crow I'll be feasting on....)

• Love 4

As someone who doesn't dislike Hannah or Bugsy, this is my opinion (for the two cents it's probably worth.) 

Hannah was inappropriate with the primary.  Wrong on its own but especially after she went after Danny last season with zeal for posing for photos and exchanging social media info.  What time Hannah got into bed is irrelevant unless her shift ended and she was done working at, say, 1:30 and she sleeps in rather than reporting for her duty.  Then it's an issue.  If she doesn't have to be back on duty until 11, it's irrelevant what time she went to bed.  Of course, if she's spending private time with the primary, that's another ball of wax.

I don't fault Bugsy for checking the iPad, given that it was beeping and it's the ship's iPad, meaning it's public.  I do, however, think she should have gone to Sandy rather than Bobby, who could have (and did do) nothing other than get embroiled in the drama.  I DVR'd the episode so I was able to pause on the scenes where you saw some of the messaging and it's clear that Hannah and the primary had something going on.  Nothing was shown in which detrimental remarks were made against the rest of the crew but if it was indeed there, again, this is something Sandy should have been made aware of.  To me, that would be the worst part of the texting - - badmouthing the crew that had just worked for the primary and who the primary had just tipped.  

Neither acted totally aboveboard.  I will say that Hannah made me frustrated by deflecting what she had done with the primary and instead tried to make it about Bugsy reading the messages all day.  Yes, Bugsy should not have done that but Hannah was in the wrong too.

Malia is a vile little snake who is quite full of herself.  When did Wes say he was "heartbroken" over her?  How interesting that she told Adam Wes was heartbroken because he couldn't have her.  Whatever.   And man, was she giving Adam the stink eye when he indicated that before "them" (the cameramen), the two were involved.  She clearly didn't want to share that information.  Anyone who has watched a reality show should know that info will come out at some point.  Adam and Malia should have told everyone they just met in Florida; they didn't have to say they had hooked up but to play dumb and act as if they had never set eyes on each other before this charter was . . . well, dumb.

Both Adam and Wes would be better served to stay as far away from her as possible.  She appears to be thoroughly enjoying this triangle and playing Adam and Wes off each other.  I realize they are all in a relatively small space but she should be keeping her personal distance from Adam, keeping things professional and definitely not being borderline flirty with him after all this.  And I thought Wes was smarter than to go back in, after she ran after Adam.  Seriously . . . what is it about this chick?  She's cute but she's certainly not all that.  

Max with his girlfriend was cute.  Bobby didn't annoy.  Captain Sandy continues to impress me.  I love that she lets her deck crew dock the ship/pull away from the dock, letting them get a feel for the job.  While I may not agree with taking Hannah off night shift, to remove the "temptation," I guess she didn't have a lot of options.  If she couldn't replace Adam mid-charter, she likely wouldn't find a replacement stew.  Hannah seemed delighted with the "punishment;" seems to me she should have been embarrassed and mortified.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

I think the yacht certification is to prevent another Andrew from season 2 of the mothership. Andrew had no yachting experience. The only boating experience he seemed to have was being a guest/passenger on the boats owned by family and friends.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I am so fucking skeptical of Adam's 10 year career. I don't usually look for ways to poke holes in someone's resume but the guy lives in a van. I have a feeling he gets a lot of down time in between jobs. 

Malia definitely needed to take the course, given she's working on a yacht for the first time. Adam either needed to renew, or possibly he's never worked on a boat this size and needed to supplement. Or more likely, he's been working at a taco stand on the beach for the last six years and needed to brush up again.

• Love 4

Adam really breached the fourth wall in this episode. Pointing to the cameras  and saying they had met before "all of this" and talking about a yacht certification course just proved that the claims of much of the crew is just bullshit.

I don't think for a minute that Adam was a chef on a yacht for ten years. He was at best a line cook in a decent restaurant. What a joke.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, the killer said:

Adam really breached the fourth wall in this episode. Pointing to the cameras  and saying they had met before "all of this" and talking about a yacht certification course just proved that the claims of much of the crew is just bullshit.

I don't think for a minute that Adam was a chef on a yacht for ten years. He was at best a line cook in a decent restaurant. What a joke.

They didn't have to use any of those clips where Adam broke down the "4th wall!" He's weak and ran Malia off with his jealousy and vengeful attitude! Attacking Hannah isn't going to bring her back around! 

I always blame production, so the "if I were chief stew" talking heads I might chalk up to the same dynamic that brought us Amazing Race's infamous "As the wives of professional athletes, we ____"  Typical talking head dynamic = "What would you do in this situation if YOU were chief stew, Bugs?"  "I'd never leave party prep in the hands of the second stew."  "Okay, can you say that again, only start it with 'If I were chief stew', just so it's more clear for the viewers?" "If I were chief stew, I'd never leave party prep in the hands of the second stew."   

Which doesn't mean she wasn't 100% wrong in how she handled it.  I'm not going to lie - I would have read what was there as well... but I wouldn't have continued to read it throughout the day, or shared it with others other than the captain.  That's my line, anyway.  One is coming across something somebody left out.  The other is consciously surveilling them.  Not cool.

Getting back to production, nobody has discussed the other texts visible for freeze framing during the show.  Hannah remarked that she liked everybody in his group except one person (who I have to assume was the blonde woman who always had a problem) and Guest said that was a production thing because "somebody has to be the villain" and Hannah said she figured as much.  I guess that's why the cast was so free with calling out her fake boobs because she asked for some chicken. I thought that was an interesting acknowledgement that the editors may not have intended as to what drives guest behavior.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

This is splitting hairs.  FB messages are assumed to be private. This argument applies to all communication that resides in a server ever. There's common decency.  I personally think Fugs and Bobby should be fired for the breach of trust. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

To me, there is a difference between thinking something is encrypted vs having a reasonable right that a stew wouldn't pick up a device and start reading all of your messages. I know that Facebook Messages could be hacked but that is different than having an employee read all of your messages for an entire day. 

To me there's not.  Somebody reading my stuff is somebody reading my stuff.  It probably also factors in that I know or am known to engineers at many of the major SM companies, so that somebody could just as well be somebody I know or that knows me.  But in general, I just assume that nothing done online is private and someone is always watching.  I usually just don't care because I try not to do embarrassing things in ways that leave a paper trail.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

I don't think an expectation of privacy is unreasonable for a primary charter guest on a luxury yacht. 

and it's not hard to forget that if you borrow a device to do social media, that it will keep on showing your messages even once you have your original device back.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

How immature were Bobby and Wes following Hannah to see if she met up with the guy?  The charter was over, she can never talk to him again?

Bugs was completely in the wrong, what an invasion of privacy.  Both people thought they were privately texting and here's Bugs and Bobby hanging on their every word.  Talk about unprofessional.  I felt sorry for Max and his girlfriend having to be subjected to Bugs bringing the iPad to lunch.  Why would the girlfriend care?

Malia likes attention, doesn't she?  She's got Adam in her pocket but she's crushing on Wes, her supervisor.  She's also thought it would be fun to hook up with Bobby.  Pick a lane!  Good for Adam for saying no thanks.

The way that Malia acts reminds me of some people that I have known before.  They are people who love to be the center of attention.  They want to be wanted, and it doesn't really matter who the person is.  I always chalked it up to some kind of mental thing.  IDK.  But, still, she had no obligation to Adam.  I cracked up when Adam was whining and saying what HE WANTED in the relationship with her and then just through up his hands and said that, She's just going to make up her own mind about it.  Well,.....duh...of course, she'll make up her own mind.  Why would she keep seeing you if she doesn't want to?  The way Adam was pressuring, was bizarre.  If the person is just not into you, they aren't into you....LET IT GO.  Begging, pleading, intimidating and insisting that someone keep seeing you doesn't really work well....lol  Do you think those guys don't know that?

I still like Hannah okay.  Doing wrong is never okay, just because others do wrong too, but, I think this show is just that and I suspect a fair bit of the drama  is for ratings purposes.   

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dleighg said:

and it's not hard to forget that if you borrow a device to do social media, that it will keep on showing your messages even once you have your original device back.

Well, sure; but as a paying charter guest I would expect them not to broadcast my private chats.   I can't believe people honestly don't think this was at all out of line for Bugsy to do.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The way that Malia acts reminds me of some people that I have known before.  They are people who love to be the center of attention.  They want to be wanted, and it doesn't really matter who the person is.  I always chalked it up to some kind of mental thing.  IDK.  But, still, she had no obligation to Adam.  I cracked up when Adam was whining and saying what HE WANTED in the relationship with her and then just through up his hands and said that, She's just going to make up her own mind about it.  Well,.....duh...of course, she'll make up her own mind.  Why would she keep seeing you if she doesn't want to?  The way Adam was pressuring, was bizarre.  If the person is just not into you, they aren't into you....LET IT GO.  Begging, pleading, intimidating and insisting that someone keep seeing you doesn't really work well....lol  Do you think those guys don't know that?

I still like Hannah okay.  Doing wrong is never okay, just because others do wrong too, but, I think this show is just that and I suspect a fair bit of the drama  is for ratings purposes.   

You heard those women who came on board fawning all over Adam due to his eyes! More than likely he's a lot more like Bobby and isn't accustomed to being turned down or dumped! With his rotten disposition, he can be Shawn Cassidy "in the day" and he would still be held off at arm's length by me! He broke his promise to Malia and spilled his guts to the producers, showed all kinds of jealousy, and Is now alienating the Chief Stew! WHY ruin your life over this girl who's obviously unstable? I've seen the type as well and they'll break the heart of the lowest dweeb due to this disorder and a need to be "front and center" with everyone in the room; but in an intimate way to make the dweeb feel special!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Well, sure; but as a paying charter guest I would expect them not to broadcast my private chats.   I can't believe people honestly don't think this was at all out of line for Bugsy to do.  

You may have misinterpreted my post. I'm saying I don't blame Jason at all for leaving his personal business on the device, and for sure he should have every expectation that it would be deleted if he happened to make a mistake and leave it on. My point was that he made a simple mistake that almost any of us could make; he wasn't careless.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Pickles said:

Not sure if she was going to meet him or just getting off the boat for a bit,  the editing was really clunky.   Based on social media, Hannah & Jason did stay in touch after his charter.  I saw a pic of them together on Hannah's Instagram and he commented on it.  

Pic

Edited by snarts
Added link
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not sure if she was going to meet him or just getting off the boat for a bit,  the editing was really clunky.   Based on social media, Hannah & Jason did stay in touch after his charter.  I saw a pic of them together on Hannah's Instagram and he commented on it.  

The thing that confused me the most is everyone said how dressed up she was but she was wearing sneakers and black yoga pants, the top was low cut but I have seen people wear similar things at the gym, I seriously thought she might be going out for a run and didn't look like she was going out to meet a fella.

• Love 2
(edited)

I will keep it really short : Hannah was wrong in going intimate with the primary, but I hated the gang-up against her ! Really, Bugs ? Reading the primary messages ? Not logging off is account, in order to be able to spy their exchanges ? Invading his privacy ? Sharing it with whoever wanted to listen ? And that's Hannah who's unprofessional ? Bad bad bad move !

If I were Captain Sandy and had an accurate report of what was happening, you would have been fired without any notice ! So disgusting ! eeeeek !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

You may have misinterpreted my post. I'm saying I don't blame Jason at all for leaving his personal business on the device, and for sure he should have every expectation that it would be deleted if he happened to make a mistake and leave it on. My point was that he made a simple mistake that almost any of us could make; he wasn't careless.

Completely agree.  My son and I have iPhones on my ATT account.  Because of the use of the Cloud and the Apple ID, his messages will sometimes pop up on my phone.  The minute I realize they aren't mine I close the message.  Sure Bugs might have wanted to take a "wee keek" at the messages just for voyeaur's sake but she should have ended it there.  I wonder if that's why she didn't go to the Captain with the iPad.  Capt. Sandy's first words might have been to ask her why she was reading a guest's messages to begin with, no matter what the content, instead of logging it out and turning the iPad off.  

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Totally agree!!!!

It's not like Bugs stumbled across someone still logged in on a public library computer or a kinkos store. This guy is paying a shitload of money for this vacation and after a $1400 tip, I don't think it's too much to ask that she log him out. I think someone in Bugsy's position would be held to a higher standard of discretion, at least when it comes to the guests. But then again, everyone is signing release forms for international broadcast so I'm pretty sure discretion has gone totally out the window when it comes to the show.

Not that Hannah is blameless, but I think she would have gotten away with it if she hadn't slept in all morning. Bugs was clearly out for vengeance. She would probably be way less salty if Hannah had been up for service with her.

Edited by rho
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bugs said that the texting started during the white party. Plus making out, providing assistance to his penis with her vagina, or whatever the hell happened for 2 fucking hours behind that door. If true, that's probably fireable. Bugs could have taken the iPad to the captain or taken a screen capture of the offending texts and cleared the primary's credentials off the iPad. This is where Bugs' shady comments about how she's a much better chief stew than Hannah completely fall apart because for that primary guest, what Bugs did is beyond the pale. Bugs involving the rest of the crew was unprofessional.

She says it started during the white party. But the guy's phone wasn't messed up until later that night. All that was ever shown on screen was a quick shot of the guests at the white party. If I recall correctly, at some point she said that it was all occuring AFTER the guest departed. It was only once she got to her third retelling of the story that it became during the cruise. I think her not taking it to the captain also demonstrates that. There wasn't anything solid to prove her allegations against Hannah so she went to her crewmates instead of the Captain. I also question the time frame. Yeah, we are told it was 2 hours, but we've seen before that the producers do what they want to get the reactions they want.

2 minutes ago, MegD said:

She says it started during the white party. But the guy's phone wasn't messed up until later that night. All that was ever shown on screen was a quick shot of the guests at the white party. If I recall correctly, at some point she said that it was all occuring AFTER the guest departed. It was only once she got to her third retelling of the story that it became during the cruise. I think her not taking it to the captain also demonstrates that. There wasn't anything solid to prove her allegations against Hannah so she went to her crewmates instead of the Captain. I also question the time frame. Yeah, we are told it was 2 hours, but we've seen before that the producers do what they want to get the reactions they want.

They could have begun texting during the party and those messages, before his phone was messed up, showed up on his account via the iPad. 

Regardless, she could have taken it to Sandy and Sandy could have then chosen to speak to Hannah, who may have told her about the kissing or not.  If nothing else, telling the primary that they didn't expect such a large tip, or speaking ill of the other crew members, would have been something Sandy should have addressed. 

As I said before, neither Hannah nor Bugsy is totally blameless. I do think it's hypocritical for Hannah to have gotten on Danny so hard last season for becoming personal with one of the guests when she did exactly the same thing.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I do think it's hypocritical for Hannah to have gotten on Danny so hard last season for becoming personal with one of the guests when she did exactly the same thing.

When Hannah really got pissed with Danny versus when the captain and dick head Bryan was when he was showing the next charter of middle age dudes all the pics he took of the kilt girls when they were on the boat.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rho said:

Not that Hannah is blameless, but I think she would have gotten away with it if she hadn't slept in all morning. Bugs was clearly out for vengeance. She would probably be way less salty if Hannah had been up for service with her.

But that's not how their shifts work.  They need service coverage for tge entire time guests are awake on the boat.  They cant all work 16-20 hours straight, so someone takes an early shift, another the late shift and they overlap during the busiest parts of the day.

Even if the guests went to bed at 2:30am like Adam (unlikely, since they probably ate whatever food he'd just finished preparing), Hannah still needs to clean up after them. It has to be spotless for when the guests wake up. Hannah was the only one working at that point.  Expecting that she do breakfast service with Bugs (who likely got a full 6-8 hours of sleep) is bullshit.  Bugs is a petty, jealous bitch who's looking for any reason to criticize Hannah.  The iPad handling was shady as hell, as were her embellishments about their messages.  If i were her, I'd be hella embarrassed watching this air.  

• Love 11