Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Cloudy With a Chance of Secrets

• Start Topic

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, biakbiak said:

Which is fine you don't like her but that isn't the same as her screwing up. 

Okay I was expecting I had to prove my point but here goes.  Hannah has absolutely no business encouraging another department head to go involved with  one of his crew.  That is a huge screw up in my eyes.  I get it is done to move things along but she be telling him -bad idea not encouraging it.  I don't think she schedules her crew well.  I don't think she should be taking smoke breaks when the guests are eating, and delaying service.   

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I was expecting I had to prove my point but here goes. 

You don't have to prove your point I was just curious what you believed her screw ups.

As for me, I don't 100% trust the editing on those breaks much like the "sleeping in" edit.

• Love 5

Hannah has absolutely no business encouraging another department head to go involved with  one of his crew. 

Who? Wes? Wasn't is Bugs encouraging him to pursue Malia?  I don't recall Hannah having opinion about it either way.  I wonder how Adam felt about that after seeing it?  His being Bugs biggest supporter and all...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Who? Wes? Wasn't is Bugs encouraging him to pursue Malia?  I don't recall Hannah having opinion about it either way.  I wonder how Adam felt about that after seeing it?  His being Bugs biggest supporter and all...

It WAS Bugs. Hannah hasn't been involved in any of that mess other than when Lauren gossiped TO her and Hannah made it clear she really didn't care. 

• Love 5

The primary's ipad - I do think the whole thing was a set up by producers but:

1.  I would think the organization that owns the boat would have procedures in place for operation of the ipad.
  2. I would think the chief stew would be the point person to enforce/help out the primary to insure procedures are properly followed.
  3. I would think it would be Hannah's job to, prior to docking, seek out the primary and inquire about the ipad and make sure it isn't damaged and it is properly logged out.
  4. Library computers are protected with anti-virus software and a program that deletes everything downloaded by patrons during the day.  If you wish to save any information or files, you must download them to a portable drive.  This is also true for many internet cafes where a computer is available for use.
  5. It is all Hannah's fault!  She is really for shit this cruise, no?
  • Love 2
On 6/28/2017 at 9:36 AM, njbchlover said:

I didn't understand that, either, because Adam claims to have been working on yachts for 10 years.  Malia does say that this is her first experience on a yacht (I think she said she's worked on other charter boats prior - just not luxury yachts).  Maybe the certification is something you have to renew each year?  

I think what Malia was referring to was STCW certification.

http://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Assistant-Commandant-for-Prevention-Policy-CG-5P/National-Maritime-Center/stcw/

It needs to be recertified every five years.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2017 at 3:37 PM, zoeysmom said:

I don't think she should be taking smoke breaks when the guests are eating, and delaying service.   

I think the dinner Adam was preparing was seven courses. There was probably enough time for a break while he was cooking the next course and the guests were eating.

• Love 1

My guess, regarding the cigarette break : the number x plate was served to the guests, she went out for a cigarette, went back to her cabine to wash her teeth, put lipstick and came back....

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, zoeysmom said:

The text messages between the primary and Hannah weren't private they were on the ship's iPad.  I don't get the right to privacy as there was none.  According to the captain she should have been notified first and left the crew out of it.  When has it ever worked when someone jumps rank and goes to the captain?  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-texting-charter-guest-bugsy-drake-reacts

Hannah and the guy still communicate everyday.  I guess this is one of the many reasons they don't get it together for a Reunion anymore on the Below Deck franchises. 

I think what it comes down to is common courtesy. It was a conversation between two people on a public device. A third party chose not log the paying guest off and go about her business nor go to the Captain with her Chief Stew's impropriety. She chose to keep the pad, read and share and gossip with others about it ALL DAY LONG. We don't know if she snooped around and read the guest's other messages. She was snooping and while not technically wrong it showed a lack of courtsey. That is where Bugs fault lies.  

Had the shoe been on the other foot Bugs would have been just as pissed if someone read and shared her messages and gossiped about them, even if they were on a public device.

Bugs has jealously had it in for Hanna from the beginning. It has been shown in her talking heads, her conversations, and her actions.

Hanna isn't the best Chief Stew by any means but she is the Chief Stew on this boat and that is what doesn't sit well with Bugs. 

Edited to add: If I host a weekend get together and tell my guests there is a computer in the library for their use, am I wrong to snoop through a guest's emails or texts if they left their account open? Yes I am. It's not illegal but it is a breach of courtsey and trust. And the Greatest Chief Stew Ever in her own mind doesn't get that.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 9

I've been watching the marathon and there a ton of early hints about Malia and Adam. There was random footage of Adam talking to Malia, which at the time made so little sense. While Adam thought Malia was cute, there were already so many weird dietary issues with guests that Adam didn't really have the luxury to shoot the shit with Malia. Malia starts rocking Adam's backwards cap in the second episode. Lauren also asks Adam if he's single during the crew's first night out and he replies "something like that."

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I've been watching the marathon and there a ton of early hints about Malia and Adam. There was random footage of Adam talking to Malia, which at the time made so little sense. While Adam thought Malia was cute, there were already so many weird dietary issues with guests that Adam didn't really have the luxury to shoot the shit with Malia. Malia starts rocking Adam's backwards cap in the second episode. Lauren also asks Adam if he's single during the crew's first night out and he replies "something like that."

I've been watching and noticed that too. In the context of the first episode, their "first meeting" seemed stilted and phony. 

On rewatch, Bugs's stank attitude towards Hannah was around almost since the beginning. In one of the TH she said something like, "Don't blame me for what Adam said" (about being a better chief stew--"I've thought it, but I haven't said it."

She has less experience--and, she is in fact NOT chief stew and should at least pretend to respect her manager. Besides, going around with a humble attitude and PROVING you're better is far more successful than muttering about how you're "better" and acting petty, being nosy, and talking smack to everyone on the boat. Not that Hannah doesn't do the latter, LOL

• Love 4

Not only could Bugs see his texts with Hannah, but because he was still logged in, she could see ALL of his texts, emails, photos, etc.  Let's say the iPad was dinging and she found him sexting and sharing graphic photos with someone else entirely.  Or she found an email with personal financial details, I don't know.  Whatever.  The point is, Bugs should have either  logged out of his account on the iPad and gone about her work, or taken it to her superior to handle.  The fact that it was him texting with Hannah doesn't change anything for me.  She invaded his privacy and just because it was with someone Bugs knew, that doesn't change the fact that it was wrong. 

Hannah was also wrong to get involved with a charter guest, and she knew that.  But her mistake in getting involved doesn't excuse Bugs' mistake in breaching the trust of a guest.

• Love 16
On 6/30/2017 at 1:30 PM, sasha206 said:

Yes, it's was the boat's Ipad.  I don't really care so much if Hannah's privacy was violated.  But the primary who didn't log out seemingly wouldn't be happy that someone discovered his texts and didn't shut it down and log back in under the crew's logon.  I'm sure most people would probably have skimmed the texts, but it's that she carried it around and seemed to delight in sharing the private messages.  I would not have had a problem if Bugs went to Captain Sandy with the proof.  But the way she went about it was wrong and as egregious if not more than Hannah's lapse in judgment.

So it wasn't illegal,  but there is no way in hell I'd want Fugs to be part of a crew. Guests spend a lot if money on these cruises and I'd expect a certain level of discretion. 

Now the argument can be made for this that the guests are all on TV and cede over expectations of privacy,  and there may be something to that,  however,  Fugg Face had a career on boats without cameras. I wish her jealous and hateful @ss no luck when she returns. She's despicable.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

So it wasn't illegal,  but there is no way in hell I'd want Fugs to be part of a crew. Guests spend a lot if money on these cruises and I'd expect a certain level of discretion. 

Now the argument can be made for this that the guests are all on TV and cede over expectations of privacy,  and there may be something to that,  however,  Fugg Face had a career on boats without cameras. I wish her jealous and hateful @ss no luck when she returns. She's despicable.

I wasn't watching that closely, but didn't Fugs say the iPad belongs on the ship? But she covers it up to take it off so she can share the messages; what a class act! I hope she pays for that! 

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/4/2017 at 3:13 PM, Giselle said:

I think what it comes down to is common courtesy. It was a conversation between two people on a public device. A third party chose not log the paying guest off and go about her business nor go to the Captain with her Chief Stew's impropriety. She chose to keep the pad, read and share and gossip with others about it ALL DAY LONG. We don't know if she snooped around and read the guest's other messages. She was snooping and while not technically wrong it showed a lack of courtsey. That is where Bugs fault lies.  

Had the shoe been on the other foot Bugs would have been just as pissed if someone read and shared her messages and gossiped about them, even if they were on a public device.

Bugs has jealously had it in for Hanna from the beginning. It has been shown in her talking heads, her conversations, and her actions.

Hanna isn't the best Chief Stew by any means but she is the Chief Stew on this boat and that is what doesn't sit well with Bugs. 

Edited to add: If I host a weekend get together and tell my guests there is a computer in the library for their use, am I wrong to snoop through a guest's emails or texts if they left their account open? Yes I am. It's not illegal but it is a breach of courtsey and trust. And the Greatest Chief Stew Ever in her own mind doesn't get that.

Actually, it is illegal per the CFAA (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act). If you're accessing someone else's information, even if they left themselves logged in, you're committing a crime. Now, is the government really going to go after someone who is reading text messages that are not of a sensitive or legally confidential nature? No. They also don't generally come after you for doing 5 mph over the speed limit, and that doesn't mean you are not still breaking the law.

Edited to add: The language of the CFAA is mostly aimed at protecting government computers, government & financial information, and pursuing malware authors and those trafficking in stolen credentials. However, the language is also somewhat ambiguous and lends itself to over-broad interpretation. For more on this, see also this article: https://www.wired.com/2015/10/cfaa-computer-fraud-abuse-act-most-controversial-computer-hacking-cases/

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I wasn't watching that closely, but didn't Fugs say the iPad belongs on the ship? But she covers it up to take it off so she can share the messages; what a class act! I hope she pays for that! 

Yes.  That was part of her argument for why she was justified in invading a paying guests privacy. She's nasty. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, MrSmith said:

ctually, it is illegal per the CFAA (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act). If you're accessing someone else's information, even if they left themselves logged in, you're committing a crime. Now, is the government really going to go after someone who is reading text messages that are not of a sensitive or legally confidential nature? No. They also don't generally come after you for doing 5 mph over the speed limit, and that doesn't mean you are not still breaking the law.

Edited to add: The language of the CFAA is mostly aimed at protecting government computers, government & financial information, and pursuing malware authors and those trafficking in stolen credentials. However, the language is also somewhat ambiguous and lends itself to over-broad interpretation. For more on this, see also this article: https://www.wired.com/2015/10/cfaa-computer-fraud-abuse-act-most-controversial-computer-hacking-cases/

I doubt the law CFAA extends to a foreign owned ship sailing of the coast of Croatia between an Australian and UK national.  There would be major jurisdictional issues.  Where would this case be tried?

Additionally, I believe they have pretty much  signed waivers about having their acts filmed for the benefit of the show.  Leaving even a private cellphone within range of the camera would not violate any privacy act.

I think Bugs has been pretty much systematically downgraded by Hannah.  Bugs doesn't have a chance in hell to return because she has a boyfriend and won't put herself in compromising sexual positions.  ANd she gets along with Adam who everyone hates.  Look what happened to Amy when she was asked to serve a meal instead of Kate by Ben, bye bye Amy. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Amy when she was asked to serve a meal instead of Kate by Ben, bye bye Amy. 

What do you mean? Amy came back the season after she was asked to serve the meal and she and Kate became good friends and still are today. Amy left the show because she wanted to work on a yacht with her boyfriend.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

What do you mean? Amy came back the season after she was asked to serve the meal and she and Kate became good friends and still are today. Amy left the show because she wanted to work on a yacht with her boyfriend.

Oops I guess I have the seasons confused.  Bottom line Kate was not pleased that Ben asked Amy to serve the meal. Kate had no use for Amy her first season and pretty much told her as much.  If we are talking about who is still friends-according to Hannah on WWHL she ended the season on good terms with both her stews.  Refresh my memory-did Amy have a steamy or even lukewarm sex situation on the ship?  All I recall is her being in the spa and Kat joining a new crew member she was interested in.  I don't think Amy provided enough excitement and was not asked back.  For the money these people make for six weeks I can't imagine any of them turning down another season, boyfriend or not. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

For the money these people make for six weeks I can't imagine any of them turning down another season, boyfriend or not. 

There's more to life than money. I doubt Julia d'Albert Pusey will be back, in large part because she has a boyfriend.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I doubt the law CFAA extends to a foreign owned ship sailing of the coast of Croatia between an Australian and UK national.  There would be major jurisdictional issues.  Where would this case be tried?

That's not really the point. The point was to inform people to whom that law would apply that this is not simply an issue of whether you're being too nosy; instead, there are larger issues at play. While I doubt Croatia has any such law, I would be quite surprised if Australia, NZ, Canada, the UK, and several other countries do not have some similar law.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

doubt the law CFAA extends to a foreign owned ship sailing of the coast of Croatia between an Australian and UK national.  There would be major jurisdictional issues.  Where would this case be tried?

The EU and UK have similar laws, the boat is registered in the UK so UK and EU laws prevail (until the actual exit) Croatia is also apart of the EU. The nationality of the people involved have no bearing on jurisdiction. Not that I imagine charges would ever very brought but Bugs sneaking around and hiding the iPad illustrate that she knew what she was doing was shady as fuck.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Actually, it is illegal per the CFAA (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act). If you're accessing someone else's information, even if they left themselves logged in, you're committing a crime. Now, is the government really going to go after someone who is reading text messages that are not of a sensitive or legally confidential nature? No. They also don't generally come after you for doing 5 mph over the speed limit, and that doesn't mean you are not still breaking the law.

Thanks for the info and link. I thought it being illegal depended on the nature of the info that was snooped or if you used the info from an open account for illegal activities or you hacked into it.

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

There's more to life than money. I doubt Julia d'Albert Pusey will be back, in large part because she has a boyfriend.

How many times did we hear "My boyfriend...!" Come out of her mouth.  That phrase is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of her.

I don't think Julia would return unless she needed money. She said she did BDM to raise cash to start or restart her fashion business. She had aspirations beyond hooking up, bring a maid at sea, or finding a Mr. Moneybags.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Thanks for the info and link. I thought it being illegal depended on the nature of the info that was snooped or if you used the info from an open account for illegal activities or you hacked into it.

Well, it's supposed to be dependent upon things like that. However, if a prosecutor gets a bug up his ass, like they did with Andrew Auernheimer or - most tragically - like they did with Aaron Swartz, then they'll reframe the situation to suit the law. The CFAA is more of a threat to all our safety and well-being than most people are aware.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The EU and UK have similar laws, the boat is registered in the UK so UK and EU laws prevail (until the actual exit) Croatia is also apart of the EU. The nationality of the people involved have no bearing on jurisdiction. Not that I imagine charges would ever very brought but Bugs sneaking around and hiding the iPad illustrate that she knew what she was doing was shady as fuck.

It  is just doesn't seem  very realistic that any agency would pursue a case against Bugsy when she is under contract with the producers and using their device to interlop on co-workers who have signed releases and the owners of the device not only record Bugsy behavior they air it.  Although I do understand others outrage as to co workers of three weeks would breach the presumed privacy of someone flagrantly breaking the rules.

I just think they should rework the show and give up the pretense the crew follows any kind of protocol found in most yachting situations.  They can also stop pretending the guests are paying full boat for sailing around with this ship of fools.  I am just very jaded as to where this particular show has ended up.  The scenery is stunning the yacht is beautiful and about all I have learned is the crew gets really cramped awful quarters.  I do like Captain Sandy and am very interested in her view of things.

• Love 5
On 7/6/2017 at 0:58 AM, ShawnaLanne said:
On 6/30/2017 at 1:30 PM, sasha206 said:

Yes, it's was the boat's Ipad.  I don't really care so much if Hannah's privacy was violated.  But the primary who didn't log out seemingly wouldn't be happy that someone discovered his texts and didn't shut it down and log back in under the crew's logon.  I'm sure most people would probably have skimmed the texts, but it's that she carried it around and seemed to delight in sharing the private messages.  I would not have had a problem if Bugs went to Captain Sandy with the proof.  But the way she went about it was wrong and as egregious if not more than Hannah's lapse in judgment.

The thing that stuck out to me is that had Fugs not had this episode with the iPad, I would doubt that we'd know there was an iPad on the boat for guests (and apparently staff) to use. There's certainly been no mention on any previous season. Hell, until the popcorn/fire episode, I don't think we knew for certain that there was a DVD player on the boat. I mean, i was sure there was something but nothing direct from an episode confirming it. I don't see the producers needing to bring it up, unless there was drama to be had over it. It makes me wonder who dreamed up the story line. I wonder if Fugs found it herself, or has been spying on the iPad to see if guests had been on it. I mean look at how much some of these rag magazines will pay for a juicy story. Or if she's got an investment wiz on board, she could use their messages to make stock market selections and make a killing. Quick way to supplement the boat pay and really, no one would be the wiser. Except Fugs was too vocal about what she found so the producers made it extra dramafied.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MegD said:

The thing that stuck out to me is that had Fugs not had this episode with the iPad, I would doubt that we'd know there was an iPad on the boat for guests (and apparently staff) to use. There's certainly been no mention on any previous season. Hell, until the popcorn/fire episode, I don't think we knew for certain that there was a DVD player on the boat. I mean, i was sure there was something but nothing direct from an episode confirming it. I don't see the producers needing to bring it up, unless there was drama to be had over it. It makes me wonder who dreamed up the story line. I wonder if Fugs found it herself, or has been spying on the iPad to see if guests had been on it. I mean look at how much some of these rag magazines will pay for a juicy story. Or if she's got an investment wiz on board, she could use their messages to make stock market selections and make a killing. Quick way to supplement the boat pay and really, no one would be the wiser. Except Fugs was too vocal about what she found so the producers made it extra dramafied.

I'm pretty sure the ipad is for controlling the amenities/entertainment on board: adjust the lights, open/close blinds, play music, movies, etc. The primary only logged into his account because his phone was waterlogged. I doubt guests make it a habit to leave their login info on temporary tablets since they can usually just use their phones. It's an amenity from the boat, not production. 

• Love 7

Ok. Just watching this episode now and fricking Bugsy snd Malia acting so smug after chit chatting about the 2 "insecure" girls just pissed me off. Malia can't even clearly decide between Adam and Wes. Stupid Bugsy, goes to BOBBY about the messages on the ipad rather than growing a fricking pair and confonting Hannah right away. Yeah, Bugsy you sure showed us you should have been the chief stew.

I'm ok now. Lol

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Do we know for sure that it was Jason who was logged in to the iPad?  Could it have been Hannah who was logged in to her account?  

Yes, because of that screenshot :

hannah-ferrier-text-messages-1.jpg

Her messages are the grey ones, on the left (EDIT : there's the tip reference !)... Which is the "receiver" side, as right (and blue here) is the sender's side

Edited by Diane Mars
15 hours ago, rho said:

I'm pretty sure the ipad is for controlling the amenities/entertainment on board: adjust the lights, open/close blinds, play music, movies, etc. The primary only logged into his account because his phone was waterlogged. I doubt guests make it a habit to leave their login info on temporary tablets since they can usually just use their phones. It's an amenity from the boat, not production. 

That was my point. It seems to be an odd story line for production to dream up. It makes me suspect that Fugs spotted the log in and made a deal about it so production let her run with it instead of it being something preset up by the production company to have a dramatic moment. It could be that they are allowed to use it between charters and she was going to check something or look something up and went snooping when she found Jason was still logged in. It also makes me wonder what she could have had access to with Jason or other charter guests had there not been a story line there. Compromising photos, secrets, etc. that gossip columnists would pay a ton for. I'd never let her work for me.

On 7/5/2017 at 2:37 PM, Nancybeth said:

Not only could Bugs see his texts with Hannah, but because he was still logged in, she could see ALL of his texts, emails, photos, etc.  Let's say the iPad was dinging and she found him sexting and sharing graphic photos with someone else entirely.  Or she found an email with personal financial details, I don't know

That's my point exactly.  He is either very stupid or procedures were not followed.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MegD said:

That was my point. It seems to be an odd story line for production to dream up. It makes me suspect that Fugs spotted the log in and made a deal about it so production let her run with it instead of it being something preset up by the production company to have a dramatic moment. It could be that they are allowed to use it between charters and she was going to check something or look something up and went snooping when she found Jason was still logged in. It also makes me wonder what she could have had access to with Jason or other charter guests had there not been a story line there. Compromising photos, secrets, etc. that gossip columnists would pay a ton for. I'd never let her work for me.

I thought when Fugs was cleaning she kept hearing the pinging and went to investigate what it was which led her to the discovery of Hannah and the main private texting. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought when Fugs was cleaning she kept hearing the pinging and went to investigate what it was which led her to the discovery of Hannah and the main private texting. 

That was my understanding too. I don't think she makes a habit of spying on guests but she definitely takes advantage of any opportunity to undermine Hannah. 

I think it reflects really poorly on Bugs, moreso than Hannah. Anyone who works in the high-end luxury service industry knows there is an implicit level of discretion. If you want to keep your job, you don't gossip and you only say favorable things about previous/current clients. Adam learned that when he name-checked Eddie Vedder earlier in the season. 

• Love 5
On 7/8/2017 at 3:50 AM, DrSparkles said:

No one is going to mention the gf's ass hanging out of her shorts at the fortress???? She's a dancer in Dubai?!?!???

Wait, what's the question about being a dancer in Dubai? Lots of nightclubs in Dubai.  Heck, even prostitution. There was actually just a case that made the news yesterday of 2 women arrested for prostitution. They got a year in jail. Meanwhile, the guy who owned the brothel got 6 months. 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Wait, what's the question about being a dancer in Dubai? Lots of nightclubs in Dubai.  Heck, even prostitution. There was actually just a case that made the news yesterday of 2 women arrested for prostitution. They got a year in jail. Meanwhile, the guy who owned the brothel got 6 months. 

That's kind of what I was alluding to. "Dancer"... In Dubai. Not meaning to disparage any dancers on these boards!!! But 'dancer in Dubai' makes me think... other things.

Edited by DrSparkles
posted too quickly
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, rho said:

That was my understanding too. I don't think she makes a habit of spying on guests but she definitely takes advantage of any opportunity to undermine Hannah. 

I think it reflects really poorly on Bugs, moreso than Hannah. Anyone who works in the high-end luxury service industry knows there is an implicit level of discretion. If you want to keep your job, you don't gossip and you only say favorable things about previous/current clients. Adam learned that when he name-checked Eddie Vedder earlier in the season. 

re: Eddie Vedder: Wait, what???

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

That's kind of what I was alluding to. "Dancer"... In Dubai. Not meaning to disparage any dancers on these boards!!! But 'dancer in Dubai' makes me think... other things.

Nah, she's the wrong nationality for prostitute. Those are usually Eastern Europeans. I live in Dubai and it is very divided according to your nationality. They are multiple types of dance revues including French can-can girls, Vegas-type showgirl revues, etc. She is probably doing one of those.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

re: Eddie Vedder: Wait, what???

Adam told a story that he worked on a charter for Eddie Veddar and his wife threw an octopus and told him to cook it, seemed in a humorous way, and he got rave reviews. I doubt particularly the last part of the story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2017 at 4:29 PM, zoeysmom said:

It  is just doesn't seem  very realistic that any agency would pursue a case against Bugsy when she is under contract with the producers and using their device to interlop on co-workers who have signed releases and the owners of the device not only record Bugsy behavior they air it.  Although I do understand others outrage as to co workers of three weeks would breach the presumed privacy of someone flagrantly breaking the rules.

I just think they should rework the show and give up the pretense the crew follows any kind of protocol found in most yachting situations.  They can also stop pretending the guests are paying full boat for sailing around with this ship of fools.  I am just very jaded as to where this particular show has ended up.  The scenery is stunning the yacht is beautiful and about all I have learned is the crew gets really cramped awful quarters.  I do like Captain Sandy and am very interested in her view of things.

I never said they would, though the possibility exists that a prosecutor could get a bug up their asses and decide to label you a "hacker", which seems to almost guarantee convictions in this day and age. Either way - AGAIN - not the point. What if she had viewed truly confidential information? (This, of course, gets into the debate around whether that kind of information should be stored/communicated via such an account in the first place. The rule of thumb on this is: People are stupid.) The charter guest could have sought her prosecution under such a law. The real point behind everything I'm saying here is that if the content/communications do not belong to you, then you have no business and no right to go rummaging around in them; in fact, to rummage around in them could be to invite much more dire consequences be visited upon you than you thought possible. What Bugsy did isn't as simple as reading love notes being passed between classmates at school.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2017 at 9:46 AM, Swim mom said:

Bugs was SO wrong to take the ipad to Bobby, OF ALL PEOPLE!

This is my irritation with Bugs' outrage about Hannah texting the guest. Bugs could have taken it to the captain, Hannah, or her friend and department head, Wes. Bugs did none of those things. Bugs told Wes when the entire situation was 2 seconds from exploding. And Wes correctly said that Bugs needed to talk to Hannah because it was turning into a shit show. Instead of talking to anyone appropriate, Bugs went to Bobby who had been in a screaming match with Hannah where he shoved in a door while Hannah was using the bathroom. Really Bugs?!?!?! Bitch isn't subtle.

• Love 3

Have a few episodes stacked up and just watched this one last night. What Hannah did in allowing a romantic encounter with a client, even just a kiss, was definitely a lapse in judgment, and she deserved the dressing down she got from the captain. What Bugs did was a wilful and prolonged violation of the privacy of a charter guest. Regardless of the fact that the ipad was the property of the ship and had only been loaned to the guest, or that the guest should be savvy enough to sign out of his account on a borrowed device, or that Hannah happened to be the person he was chatting with, or that anything that's done online isn't really private, or any number of other excuses, the bottom line is this. Bugs knew very quickly that she was looking at the private account of the charter guest. After realizing this, not only did she continue to read through the messages currently on the screen, she shared the messages with the rest of the crew and kept the device with her for the rest of the day to keep up with the guest's live messages. I'm pretty sure that in the "Yachting Code" that Bugs so earnestly cites, what Hannah did pales in comparison to this. If I was an employer looking at these two candidates, knowing the above, Hannah would get the job and Bugs wouldn't be considered any further.

• Love 4

I'm sure the fact they are filming a tv show played into Bugs' decision to keep reading and sharing the messages. I wouldn't be shocked if production asked her to once she originally discovered them. Either way, she's helping herself get cast for season 3, imo. 

• Love 2

If she took the iPad to the captain, Hannah would have bitched at her for betrayal.

But them eavesdropping probably did please the producers s8nce they devoted so much airtime to this story line.

• Love 1