Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Cloudy With a Chance of Secrets

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

When Hannah really got pissed with Danny versus when the captain and dick head Bryan was when he was showing the next charter of middle age dudes all the pics he took of the kilt girls when they were on the boat.

I seem to recall the Captain also got pissed at Danny's antics - to the point where Danny had to keep his phone in the crew quarters during charter and wasn't allowed to have it on his person in the presence of guests.  I seem to recall everyone but Ben was over Danny's behavior and even at the end Ben had to agree that Danny wasn't heeding his advice.  In fact, in the end the Captain kicked Danny off the boat.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

They could have begun texting during the party and those messages, before his phone was messed up, showed up on his account via the iPad. 

Yeah, they could have, but why would they?  She's busy taking care of a party and he's busy with his guests.  If he wanted to speak to her alone, all he had to do was wait until the guests had gone to bed and say he wanted to speak with Hannah about the next day.  We've seen charter primaries do it a thousand times, going over details for the a.m.  Why be texting her during the party?  Bugs was revising history all through her run-tell-dat episode so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the timeline was backing up with each telling.  Couple more hours and Bugs would have had them hooking up and texting BEFORE the season started.  

I just don't see Hannah sleeping with the charter guest.  Your mileage, of course, may vary, but to me she is very very proud of her status and her professionalism - so much so that I recall last year when the guests didn't care much for her she worked overtime to turn their opinion around.  Now, that being said, I'm sure she wasn't above trying to find out if Jason liked her enough to maybe, just maybe want to get together after the charter ended - could happen.  And yes, there might have been a kiss, but I dunno - I have a tough time with it going any further than that.  

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

I seem to recall the Captain also got pissed at Danny's antics - to the point where Danny had to keep his phone in the crew quarters during charter and wasn't allowed to have it on his person in the presence of guests.  I seem to recall everyone but Ben was over Danny's behavior and even at the end Ben had to agree that Danny wasn't heeding his advice.  In fact, in the end the Captain kicked Danny off the boat.  

It wasn't like the Captain did this because he saw all this inappropriate behavior! It was the constant b!tching of the crew who were simply jealous of Daniel's rapport with the guests! They actually tried to tip him as a MVP, but wound up being shared by all! Bobby was the biggest bully b!tch of them all and I love seeing his disappointment as nothing's going his way! He's a muscle head idiot and only a cougar would seriously want to be bothered with him! Malia only showed the excess of her disorder to stroke him saying he's "her type" after she's made out with half the ship! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 1

This has turned out to be the boat with the most unpleasant people since the Minnow went on a three hour cruise.

I recognize Ginger even though she is blond.......but where is Mary Ann.  A lonely nation calls out to you.

• Love 6

I think what Hannah did was silly and immature but a lot less harmful than fucking with someone's food, ADAM or reading someone's private messages, FUGS.   Adam and Fugs should hook up and have nasty, short beady eyed children.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think what Hannah did was silly and immature but a lot less harmful than fucking with someone's food, ADAM or reading someone's private messages, FUGS.   Adam and Fugs should hook up and have nasty, short beady eyed children.

That may happen! Stop giving the producers ideas! Lol.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

To me there's not.  Somebody reading my stuff is somebody reading my stuff.  It probably also factors in that I know or am known to engineers at many of the major SM companies, so that somebody could just as well be somebody I know or that knows me.  But in general, I just assume that nothing done online is private and someone is always watching.  I usually just don't care because I try not to do embarrassing things in ways that leave a paper trail.  

I think most tech savvy people understand that nothing online is truly secure. However, there is a difference between someone doing a massive hack into a server versus an employee of a six-figure yacht charter reading your messages for an entire day. Should the primary have made sure he was logged out of the device?  Of course. However, Bugs is also of equal responsibility in her job to ensure privacy for the guest and she should have logged out. 

For example: I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in a Middle Eastern city not too long ago. I had all of my normal devices on me. My iPad was left open by my daughter. I also had several thousand in their currency left out. Now, would I expect housekeeping to go through my iPad and help themselves to a hefty tip?  No. I would be upset and speak to management about it. What happened (and what is good customer service) was that my iPad was closed and placed on the desk with my other devices and the money was sorted and stacked and left on the desk with the devices.

9 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Well, sure; but as a paying charter guest I would expect them not to broadcast my private chats.   I can't believe people honestly don't think this was at all out of line for Bugsy to do.  

This is my big thing. What should have happened was Bugs log out of the accounts when she noticed that it was still logged in.  She shouldn't have gone through and read them and she really shouldn't have taken the iPad around with her for an entire day reading them. I would be amazed if there wasn't some sort of confidentiality/privacy clause in their contracts as stews (not the show contracts but the yacht employee contracts) that prohibits that sort of thing. 

• Love 11

Bugs has been shady all season. Her little talking head jabs with her constant "I wouldn't do that" or "when I was chief stew" is getting pretty old and I believe we are just seeing a small portion of her talking to the crew comparing herself with Hannah. Her marathon snooping session is worse to me than Hannah's hooking up with a guest. All day long on an account that isn't hers and she is showing it to others. SHUT UP BUGS with your critiques and comparisons you just showed us who you really are. What Hannah did was wrong. What you did was far worse.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

It wasn't like the Captain did this because he saw all this inappropriate behavior! It was the constant b!tching of the crew who were simply jealous of Daniel's rapport with the guests! They actually tried to tip him as a MVP, but wound up being shared by all! Bobby was the biggest bully b!tch of them all and I love seeing his disappointment as nothing's going his way! He's a muscle head idiot and only a cougar would seriously want to be bothered with him! Malia only showed the excess of her disorder to stroke him saying he's "her type" after she's made out with half the ship! ;-(

Didn't one of the girls later post on Instagram that they didn't want Danny around as much.  I saw his behavior as completely inappropriate and at the same time despise Bobby. 

• Love 2

I don't see any guests or crew trying to hook-up with Fugs. She's jealous that she is not chief stew, and nobody is trying to hit that. I would love to see someone punch that skeevy creep Adam right in the face.

• Love 3
On 6/27/2017 at 8:49 PM, Pickles said:

Is everyone thinking Hanna had sex with the charter guest or is it just me? She didn't go to her cabin until 4:30!

Oh, she did the deed with him. I hope the Captain finds out that Hannah lied to her and she gets in some major big trouble. While I'm not a fan of Bugs, I think Hannah's offense was worse. It's one thing to lie to your fellow crew mates, but it's another thing altogether to lie to your Captain. Hannah needs some comeuppance, but I don't think she's going to get it.

I wish karma would sneak in and really mess with Hannah, Bugs, Adam and Malia. They need to pay for the shitty things they've done. 

• Love 3
On 6/27/2017 at 9:49 PM, Pickles said:

Is everyone thinking Hanna had sex with the charter guest or is it just me? She didn't go to her cabin until 4:30!

Oh, she totally had sex with the guest. There's no doubt about it. Between the sounds they played and the fact it was some 5 or 6 hours later, they definitely got it on.  I can't blame either one of them. I know it was unprofessional, but they're both just people and these things happen. It's not something I would fire someone over for a one-off event. To me, it'd be worth firing someone over if they were making a habit of this. It seems like they actually have a real connection because they're still seeing each other in real life.

What Bugsy did was really beyond the pale. It doesn't matter that the iPad is communal. They weren't admiring the physical attributes of the iPad; they're looking at the content - and they neither own that nor is it public property. Honestly, the only reason they didn't log out of that account immediately was because Hannah was texting him. If it had been anyone else that he'd been texting, they'd have logged out right away and been like "Oops! The guest was still logged in. I'd better get this logged out right away so it's ready for the next guest." Then to make the whole thing public knowledge and not take it to either Hannah or the Captain, she knew without doubt that the conversation wasn't what crossed the line.

Malia's nothing but a cocktease. She keeps telling each of them what they want to hear and then gets upset when they get upset. Well, that's what happens when you play girl games. Their (Malia and Adam) idea to not tell the crew that they knew each other and had fucked before getting to the boat is just a plain terrible idea. If Adam had told Wes straight up that he was fucking Malia, Wes would have let them be. Malia was never going to say anything because it works in her favor. I thought it was hilarious when she told Adam she was trying to let Wes down gently. Clearly, that was bullshit. However, even if it were true, you don't let a guy (who you aren't interested in) touch the small of your back, kiss you, hold your hand, touch your hair, and so on.

Adam is one of these guys who thinks he owns the woman he's dating. He's going to get scary as the season winds down. I am actually genuinely frightened for the people he works with because that shit is going to spill out over everything. Hannah, Lauren, Wes, Bobby, and Malia will all get some, while Max and Bugsy will probably get some.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

There's no doubt about it. Between the sounds they played and the fact it was some 5 or 6 hours later,

It was three hours later and she still had to clean up after the party and the main salon. The "noises" were so obviously dubbed in it wasn't even funny. I have no idea if they had sex or not but the texts they shared didn't make it seem like it.

• Love 16

"We are all humans" by Hannah. My new favorite saying!!

Adam's a total dick. I can't stand him and the way he "communicates". He's got some kind of complex and there is no winning with that one. I can't imagine having to live and work with him under cramped yacht circumstances. There's not enough booze in the world. 

He's a creep too and I would be happy to never, ever see him on my television screen again. 

• Love 6
On 6/28/2017 at 3:36 AM, dosodog said:

Hannah is the worst kind of boss.  She's petty and completely unprofessional.  I call bullshit on the "2 second kiss".

SHE followed him to his cabin.  They made a point of showing her crawling into bed at 4:30 in the morning.

It IS a public ipad.  And she trashed her crewmares on it. Hannah was too stupid to cover her tracks and then deflects HER poor decisions and makes her outing the worst part.

And she lied by omission to Captain Sandt.  She was not completely truthful. She then plays stupid high school games with Lauren and makes veiled threats about Bugsy.

I agree - she tried to take the moral high ground over Bugsy when what she did was far worse. Even more so because she was Chief Stew and not some underling who should know better !!! She went way over any line and should at least have been demoted for what she did !!

On 6/28/2017 at 5:10 AM, crocodile said:

Hannah was dead wrong to kiss a guest on charter, make plans afterwards, and confess to her subordinate. She is especially  hypocritical  since she is always calling other crew members out as unprofessional. Her partial confession to the Captain was just scrambling for cover, and her deflections are immature.

If Sandy does not trust Hannah alone with the guests on late shift, she should fire or demote her. Chief stews shouldn't need chaperones.

Bugs discovered the messages accidentally and should have gone straight to the  Captain  if she was so offended. She was dead wrong in spying on the messages all day, gossiping about it, and trying to catch Hannah meeting the guest.

I agree - Bugsy should have gone straight to the Captain but Hannah does have herself to blame for Bugsy's actions as she puts herself so high above the others ! She makes out she is perfect and everyone else is stupid when the opposite is true ! Hannah is very unprofessional and tries to hide it by blaming others !

On 6/28/2017 at 6:52 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

I hate how she tries to posture like she's all bad ass, but she's really weak as fuck. 

Hannah is very weak and insecure - again she tries to hide it by bullying others and being sly, but it is quite obvious. I really done think she has the right attitude for a service job !

On 6/28/2017 at 0:31 PM, cincivic said:

Didn't Hannah rail against Danny, last year, for flirting with a guest?

Yup - again a sign of her hypocritical nature. You also saw this when she was calling out the chef for being un-professional !

• Love 4
1 minute ago, stcroix said:

Max, Max's girlfriend, and Captain Sandy can come back next season.  Jettison the rest.

although lately Lauren's been growing on me. I hated her in the beginning, but lately she seems kind of normal and nice.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

Bugs is just misunderstood. I am sure she would have had Hannah back over the Ipad scandal. However, you reap what you sow. Do remember Hannah held a grudge against Bugs, giving her the cold shoulder treatment, and talking trash to Lauren?

No.  She clearly didn't.  Hannah didn't act right with the cold shoulder but Fugs has been doing her,  I would have done x,  y,  z talk since the beginning. She Rotten with envy. 

• Love 4

I don't get it.  How is what Hannah did worse than what Bugs did?  I'm more pissed that someone read another person's private messages than had consensual sex; or maybe I've gone back in time and we're in the 1950's when sex was a Big Deal.  

Sure there are hackers, but most people have an expectation of privacy in certain situations, even a passenger on a Carnival cruise ship should expect privacy from the cabin stewards, EVEN if they left their notebook computer in plain sight.  What Hannah did was unprofessional, but it didn't feel criminal; what Bugs and Adam did felt shady and near criminal.  Bugs didn't take the messages to the captain because Captain Sandy would have asked her, "how did you see these messages?"

• Love 18

Bugs is one of the people who has the perfect nickname.

She bugs the shit out of me.

Reading the emails was just dead wrong  Passing them around was even worse.

How these people can still work together is beyond me. Bugs needs a ticket home. I am sure they can pick up another waitress on shore. What's the big deal.

• Love 7
On 6/27/2017 at 10:21 PM, Sai said:

What Hannah did was unprofessional but she had a moment of weakness.  A MOMENT.  Bugs spent the whole day purposely reading the primary's PRIVATE text messages.   That is so much worse in my opinion.  As soon as she realized what was going on she should have immediately logged out of the primary's messages without reading anything.  If I was the primary I would be so pissed right now watching this.  

YES.   So much this.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Oh, she totally had sex with the guest. There's no doubt about it. Between the sounds they played and the fact it was some 5 or 6 hours later, they definitely got it on.  I can't blame either one of them. I know it was unprofessional, but they're both just people and these things happen. It's not something I would fire someone over for a one-off event. To me, it'd be worth firing someone over if they were making a habit of this. It seems like they actually have a real connection because they're still seeing each other in real life.

What Bugsy did was really beyond the pale. It doesn't matter that the iPad is communal. They weren't admiring the physical attributes of the iPad; they're looking at the content - and they neither own that nor is it public property. Honestly, the only reason they didn't log out of that account immediately was because Hannah was texting him. If it had been anyone else that he'd been texting, they'd have logged out right away and been like "Oops! The guest was still logged in. I'd better get this logged out right away so it's ready for the next guest." Then to make the whole thing public knowledge and not take it to either Hannah or the Captain, she knew without doubt that the conversation wasn't what crossed the line.

Malia's nothing but a cocktease. She keeps telling each of them what they want to hear and then gets upset when they get upset. Well, that's what happens when you play girl games. Their (Malia and Adam) idea to not tell the crew that they knew each other and had fucked before getting to the boat is just a plain terrible idea. If Adam had told Wes straight up that he was fucking Malia, Wes would have let them be. Malia was never going to say anything because it works in her favor. I thought it was hilarious when she told Adam she was trying to let Wes down gently. Clearly, that was bullshit. However, even if it were true, you don't let a guy (who you aren't interested in) touch the small of your back, kiss you, hold your hand, touch your hair, and so on.

Adam is one of these guys who thinks he owns the woman he's dating. He's going to get scary as the season winds down. I am actually genuinely frightened for the people he works with because that shit is going to spill out over everything. Hannah, Lauren, Wes, Bobby, and Malia will all get some, while Max and Bugsy will probably get some.

I couldn't agree more with this, and a big amen on the cocktease.  Of course, I also think back to her motorboating Hannah.  In fact, that night, I though she seemed more taken with Hannah than any of the men on the yacht.  She seemed flirtatious with Adam again as soon as he seemed to accept her "I'm not getting involved with either you or Wes now..." which apparently was bullshit since she appears to be hooking up with Wes again.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, stcroix said:

Max, Max's girlfriend, and Captain Sandy can come back next season.  Jettison the rest.

Max was part of creepy stakeout Hannah crew, so no thanks. But I'll keep Sandy and Max's girlfriend, who was also the first to point out the invasion of privacy. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I couldn't agree more with this, and a big amen on the cocktease.  Of course, I also think back to her motorboating Hannah.  In fact, that night, I though she seemed more taken with Hannah than any of the men on the yacht.  She seemed flirtatious with Adam again as soon as he seemed to accept her "I'm not getting involved with either you or Wes now..." which apparently was bullshit since she appears to be hooking up with Wes again.

I'm not trying to give Malia cover, but these 2 octopuses have this way of catching her unaware, then pulling her in by the head for those kisses! Newbies being that clinging would be a big turnoff for me, but I can imagine her feeling trapped due to the production of the show! 

33 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

m not trying to give Malia cover, but these 2 octopuses have this way of catching her unaware, then pulling her in by the head for those kisses!

Adam is a creepy asshole for many reasons but the fact that they clearly had a thing going into the season and had clearly been hooking up before sheds a completely different light on how he went in for what we thought was the first kiss. Not saying that just because you have had a thing with a guy he can just grab you and force a kiss but it makes it much more less WTF.

• Love 6
On 6/27/2017 at 7:21 PM, Sai said:

What Hannah did was unprofessional but she had a moment of weakness.  A MOMENT.  Bugs spent the whole day purposely reading the primary's PRIVATE text messages.   That is so much worse in my opinion.  As soon as she realized what was going on she should have immediately logged out of the primary's messages without reading anything.  If I was the primary I would be so pissed right now watching this.  

Absolutly agree Sai.

I would be curious to know when or if Sandy knew the  FULL extent of what Bugs did.  What Bugs did was highly unethical as shady as fuck. 

If after watching this show she was working on a yacht I was chartering. I would tell the captain I don't want her anywhere near my cabin and explain why. 

• Love 1

The text messages between the primary and Hannah weren't private they were on the ship's iPad.  I don't get the right to privacy as there was none.  According to the captain she should have been notified first and left the crew out of it.  When has it ever worked when someone jumps rank and goes to the captain?  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-texting-charter-guest-bugsy-drake-reacts

Hannah and the guy still communicate everyday.  I guess this is one of the many reasons they don't get it together for a Reunion anymore on the Below Deck franchises. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The text messages between the primary and Hannah weren't private they were on the ship's iPad.  I don't get the right to privacy as there was none.  According to the captain she should have been notified first and left the crew out of it.  When has it ever worked when someone jumps rank and goes to the captain?  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-texting-charter-guest-bugsy-drake-reacts

Hannah and the guy still communicate everyday.  I guess this is one of the many reasons they don't get it together for a Reunion anymore on the Below Deck franchises. 

Not that I expected her to, but clearly, Bugsy still doesn't get it and is far from "owning" it, Lisa Rinna. It wasn't her discovering the texts and reading them that were the problem. It was that she spent the entire day reading these texts, sharing them, and even took the iPad off the ship to continue sharing the gossip. But that's cool and totally on board professional. I'd take Hannah over Bugsy as chief stew any day. Hannah is far from perfect and clearly fucked up this charter, but Bugsy is conniving and manipulative and has been at it for weeks. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Not that I expected her to, but clearly, Bugsy still doesn't get it and is far from "owning" it, Lisa Rinna. It wasn't her discovering the texts and reading them that were the problem. It was that she spent the entire day reading these texts, sharing them, and even took the iPad off the ship to continue sharing the gossip. But that's cool and totally on board professional. I'd take Hannah over Bugsy as chief stew any day. Hannah is far from perfect and clearly fucked up this charter, but Bugsy is conniving and manipulative and has been at it for weeks. 

Hmm. . . if I were a charter guest I would want Bugsy because I feel like she would be concerned about my charter experience.  I would not give a damn about crew politics and struggles.  Hannah just annoys me because she pulls rank and then screws up and the others were worse.  This particular show, I don't think any of them should give up any type of career they may have the entire crew from Captain on down seems pretty fungible.  Women who have boyfriends don't come back, women with drinking problems do.  Horny guys get asked back, boring captains don't.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Yes, it's was the boat's Ipad.  I don't really care so much if Hannah's privacy was violated.  But the primary who didn't log out seemingly wouldn't be happy that someone discovered his texts and didn't shut it down and log back in under the crew's logon.  I'm sure most people would probably have skimmed the texts, but it's that she carried it around and seemed to delight in sharing the private messages.  I would not have had a problem if Bugs went to Captain Sandy with the proof.  But the way she went about it was wrong and as egregious if not more than Hannah's lapse in judgment.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The text messages between the primary and Hannah weren't private they were on the ship's iPad.  I don't get the right to privacy as there was none.  According to the captain she should have been notified first and left the crew out of it.  When has it ever worked when someone jumps rank and goes to the captain? 

Sure, maybe don't go straight to the captain, but go straight to Hannah then and say either "Hey I found this, don't worry, I won't say anything" or "Hey I found this and I'm going to tell the captain". To me either one would've been  acceptable responses. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, katalizt said:

Sure, maybe don't go straight to the captain, but go straight to Hannah then and say either "Hey I found this, don't worry, I won't say anything" or "Hey I found this and I'm going to tell the captain". To me either one would've been  acceptable responses. 

Running to Bobby should have been the last thing done in that situation! Some "chief stew" she'd be! ;-(

• Love 3

When she took off with the ipad she slipped it under her shirt to hide it.  If her actions were really above board she would not need to do that.  She was wrong and out of line.  

Hannah - eh... I can forgive it.  Sometimes when you have chemistry with someone it's hard to fight it.  And it was mutual.  She wasn't creeping on him like Danny was creeping on last seasons guests, she didn't take pics of him then bragged and showed it to others.  

• Love 14
21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

So you read your co-workers emails when they leave their work computers on and logged in? It doesn't matter that the device was a public device. What matters is that the content on that device was not public content. If Bugsy were really as professional as she claims, then she would have done one of three things:
1. Show it to the captain and then log off.

2. Show it to Hannah and the captain, then log off.

3. Show it to no one and then log off.

Personally, I think she should have simply done the third one. I say this because if the guest was texting anyone else, she'd have simply logged off because she recognizes that those conversations are not public. However, just because Hannah is texting the guest, that makes the conversations somehow suddenly public? Ummm, no.

By your logic, you're free to read your co-workers' emails and texts when they leave their work computers on and logged in, or to view the contents of whatever the last user at the public library was doing, right? I mean, hey, there's no right to privacy there since they were using a public device.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

If Bugsy were really as professional as she claims, then she would have done one of three things:

Personally, I think she should have simply done the third one.

You, Sir, are an honorable man!

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, biakbiak said:

What other than making out with a guest has Hannah screwed up?

I get they are on shore leave, and it is unfair to Hannah because she has had two seasons, but I find her drunken and verbally combative with some of  the others.  I didn't like the way she treated the captain in the beginning and basically I just don't like her.  I don't think she treats her crew well.   I find it unrealistic that these Bravo keep trying to convince us they are running the ship under some long established code of yachting ethics.  Then they have these various reality TV stars on and make believe they are normal charter guests.  I think I lost my believability chip when I found a Kate was going to visit the recipient  of the penis towel and the guy has been back twice.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I get they are on shore leave, and it is unfair to Hannah because she has had two seasons, but I find her drunken and verbally combative with some of  the others.  I didn't like the way she treated the captain in the beginning and basically I just don't like her.  I don't think she treats her crew well.   I find it unrealistic that these Bravo keep trying to convince us they are running the ship under some long established code of yachting ethics.  Then they have these various reality TV stars on and make believe they are normal charter guests.  I think I lost my believability chip when I found a Kate was going to visit the recipient  of the penis towel and the guy has been back twice.

At the same time, it's actually not uncommon for these people to make friends with guests, based on everything I've been able to dig up online. So, I don't think it's entirely unrealistic. Those yachts are certainly not large enough to staff two full-time crews just so Bravo can have a bunch of dancing monkeys. The interior and exterior crews have to actually be doing most of the work. The engineers they keep on staff handle the mechanicals and emergencies.

That said, I think most of these people could do a better job of interacting with one another. At the same time, I'm also 15 to 25 years older than these people and I have learned you don't have to get upset about most things. My 25 and 30 year old selves did not have this understanding. As far as I can tell, they mostly act like somewhat immature 25 and 30 year olds. Color me shocked.

As for how she treated the captain, she was civil and professional. She fought for her preference, which was to simply put things away as she went rather than have to handle them twice. And she had a good point. When the captain wouldn't relent, she followed orders. I'm not really sure what else you're expecting.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Swim mom said:

You, Sir, are an honorable man!

Thank you. I believe ethics are important and that acting ethically as much of the time as possible is important. When you have unauthorized access to something, you have to figure out what it is that you're not supposed to be accessing. In this case, the iPad is a public device. So, it's fine to access it. However, when you discover that someone left themselves logged in, that doesn't give you the right to rummage through their information. What would have happened to Bugsy if she'd happened to read through confidential documents or revealed sensitive/confidential information on TV? She'd be looking at potentially being in real legal trouble. It just so happened she looked through texts of a non-sensitive/non-confidential, and yet private nature. So, she lucked out - this time. And what would she have thought if it were her information being ransacked? She would have been rightfully aggrieved.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, MrSmith said:

So you read your co-workers emails when they leave their work computers on and logged in? It doesn't matter that the device was a public device. What matters is that the content on that device was not public content. If Bugsy were really as professional as she claims, then she would have done one of three things:

Personally, I think she should have simply done the third one. I say this because if the guest was texting anyone else, she'd have simply logged off because she recognizes that those conversations are not public. However, just because Hannah is texting the guest, that makes the conversations somehow suddenly public? Ummm, no.

By your logic, you're free to read your co-workers' emails and texts when they leave their work computers on and logged in, or to view the contents of whatever the last user at the public library was doing, right? I mean, hey, there's no right to privacy there since they were using a public device.

Huh. Actually (and maybe you know this) the American Library Association Code of Ethics fiercely protects user privacy, and library computers are supposed to completely wipe browser history when someone is done with the computer. 

...so public libraries have higher standards of privacy than a private yacht?

Anyway, I think just about any crew member would read enough of the chat to figure out what it was, and then either delete it or show it to someone in authority if it were that bad. As mentioned, Bugs' problem wasn't in the initial reading, it was in the reading and reading and reading... and spreading it around.

8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

This bold part made me chuckle. I mean you're right--NONE of these people (except the captains, kind of) are paragons of virtue. So in just about any situation, you're kind of debating who's less wrong. (Except Danny, Rocky, and Chef Beef Cheeks--they're always wrongest, LOL)

• Love 4
On 6/30/2017 at 8:34 PM, zoeysmom said:

Does Bugs not realize that the viewers could read the text message re: the tip?  Hannah said they were very happy with it. I wouldn't call that throwing your crew members under the bus. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Huh. Actually (and maybe you know this) the American Library Association Code of Ethics fiercely protects user privacy, and library computers are supposed to completely wipe browser history when someone is done with the computer. 

...so public libraries have higher standards of privacy than a private yacht?

Anyway, I think just about any crew member would read enough of the chat to figure out what it was, and then either delete it or show it to someone in authority if it were that bad. As mentioned, Bugs' problem wasn't in the initial reading, it was in the reading and reading and reading... and spreading it around.

This bold part made me chuckle. I mean you're right--NONE of these people (except the captains, kind of) are paragons of virtue. So in just about any situation, you're kind of debating who's less wrong. (Except Danny, Rocky, and Chef Beef Cheeks--they're always wrongest, LOL)

Yeah, I realize now I should have tagged that part of my post as sarcasm. Private communications to which one is not a party aren't free for one to read by dint of being left inadvertently exposed. I realize everyone would have taken a look at the exchange to figure out what it was. Once Bugsy knew that, her responsibility as to how to behave changed immediately. The continued reading and sharing around are absolutely the parts that cross the line.

5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Does Bugs not realize that the viewers could read the text message re: the tip?  Hannah said they were very happy with it. I wouldn't call that throwing your crew members under the bus. 

This was what confused me about her behaviour over the course of the episode. You could clearly read that, then when she initially showed it to Bobby she said exactly that. However, later at the restaurant, she changed her story and said that Hannah said the crew was not happy with the tip. I'm hoping that turns out to be producer-driven dramatics.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Yeah, I realize now I should have tagged that part of my post as sarcasm. Private communications to which one is not a party aren't free for one to read by dint of being left inadvertently exposed. I realize everyone would have taken a look at the exchange to figure out what it was. Once Bugsy knew that, her responsibility as to how to behave changed immediately. The continued reading and sharing around are absolutely the parts that cross the line.

This was what confused me about her behaviour over the course of the episode. You could clearly read that, then when she initially showed it to Bobby she said exactly that. However, later at the restaurant, she changed her story and said that Hannah said the crew was not happy with the tip. I'm hoping that turns out to be producer-driven dramatics.

I don't think it is.  I think Bugs has decided to stick it to Hannah and figured that nobody would know that the messages didn't actually say that. I don't think she ever considered that the iPad screen with that specific message would actually be caught on camera. 

• Love 6