Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Ain't No Thang Like A Chicken Wing

• Start Topic

I married a southerner. It is not a given they treat their mothers right. Trust me. Mine was a Charleston man, all appearances to men  and a piece of shit to all women, god rest his soul.

His mum must be used to his bullshit..see Arthur Ravenel.

• Love 2

Thomas' mother was featured in the episode where they had some type of campaign party on the water in a large covered dock type of place. She seemed very gracious and they obviously love each other. And she was very kind to Kathryn as well.

• Love 2
(edited)

Very early on, it was said Thomas' family didn't approve of him being on the show.

So they may not want to appear on it.

His siblings haven't appeared on it either.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 2
On June 29, 2017 at 2:05 PM, slowpoked said:

Seems like a matter of semantics, at least to me. To me, it's just like a painting - you buy a blank canvass and painted on it. People naturally ask "did you make this?", and it's also natural for people to answer "Yes, I made this painting." I don't think people who ask that painting question expect the painter to make the canvass from scratch before starting his painting. There's a certain understanding of what's made and what's not. Didn't offend me. It would have offended me if he said he made the onesie when he just bought it at the store.

YES !   EXactly.  Oh my God .. I have never seen so much commotion about how a gift was "made" or not "made".  It just sucks the life out of a gift that had good intentions.  Geeeeeze !    Petty.

• Love 2

BTW .. I'm making a lasagna today.   But I bought the noodles from the store;  used canned tomatoes, and mozzarella from the package.  So technically, I guess I really didn't make it?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, nexxie said:

Remind me - who was the battle axe on the Flintstones? (It's probably not seen as a polite term these days.)

I was born in 1940 and I've heard that negative term all my life. The woman is almost always older and unattractive.  Here's a dictionary definition: A battle-axe is a term, generally considered pejorative, for an aggressive, domineering and forceful woman. The prime example was the militant temperance activist Carrie Nation, who wielded a hatchet and made it her symbol, living in Hatchet Hall and publishing a magazine called The Hatchet. She became involved in the suffragette campaign for votes for women and this campaign further established the archetype.

• Love 3
On 7/2/2017 at 11:46 AM, Former Nun said:

There's no question on the second one (hidden contents).  I'd believe that in a minute--and think Kathryn can't be the first one.

sorry,but i don't believe anything she says.   

• Love 1

Finally watched the episode after reading all the comments here. Yes, I agree Shep has a real problem with alcohol. Ugh. Get it under control, Sheppie. 

After seeing her in the blue bathing suit and hairdo, I feel someone needs to tell Kathryn that although Little Edie Bouvier Beale was "famous" she's definitely not a woman to emulate in dress or behavior. Kathryn was veering close to both in that scene.

Thomas looked just awful in the scene where he talked to JD in JD's office! Like he was hung over, lacking sleep, and still slightly buzzed. JD was trying to hide both his skepticism and discomfort, especially when Thomas almost cried over Kathryn! JD's thought bubble read: "She's still got him by the short and curlies." [insert JD's chuckle]. Thomas has lost weight also and his thin face makes his ears stick out more. Is he back on the nose candy? How long can it be detected in the system, or is Kathryn the only one who has to undergo drug tests now? 

On 6/26/2017 at 10:23 PM, chewycandy said:

I liked Kathryn's look, sitting like a dude and all.

My daughter (college age) does that. I hate it.

On 7/5/2017 at 4:30 PM, RedHawk said:

Finally watched the episode after reading all the comments here. Yes, I agree Shep has a real problem with alcohol. Ugh. Get it under control, Sheppie. 

After seeing her in the blue bathing suit and hairdo, I feel someone needs to tell Kathryn that although Little Edie Bouvier Beale was "famous" she's definitely not a woman to emulate in dress or behavior. Kathryn was veering close to both in that scene.

Thomas looked just awful in the scene where he talked to JD in JD's office! Like he was hung over, lacking sleep, and still slightly buzzed. JD was trying to hide both his skepticism and discomfort, especially when Thomas almost cried over Kathryn! JD's thought bubble read: "She's still got him by the short and curlies." [insert JD's chuckle]. Thomas has lost weight also and his thin face makes his ears stick out more. Is he back on the nose candy? How long can it be detected in the system, or is Kathryn the only one who has to undergo drug tests now? 

(edited)

I bet Kathryn was a Dean's List college kid. She was a legislative intern, and those spots are hard to get. Also, she really soaked up a lot of philosophy during her rehab. I heard several more "mindfulness" references. And I thought she was spot on when talking to Naomi. 

I think Kathryn and Thomas love each other with some freaky kind of passion. He said the black lipstick was sexy. Man has to love a woman to think black lipstick is sexy, but I'm a lot older than Kathryn, so my tastes are out of style. I hope they both clean up and get together permanently, saving two other people from their clutches.

Edited by Swim mom
10 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I bet Kathryn was a Dean's List college kid. She was a legislative intern, and those spots are hard to get. Also, she really soaked up a lot of philosophy during her rehab. I heard several more "mindfulness" references. And I thought she was spot on when talking to Naomi. 

I think Kathryn and Thomas love each other with some freaky kind of passion. He said the black lipstick was sexy. Man has to love a woman to think black lipstick is sexy, but I'm a lot older than Kathryn, so my tastes are out of style. I hope they both clean up and get together permanently, saving two other people from their clutches.

I've worked as a paid policy analyst and legislative aide. Legislative intern positions aren't that hard to get. They often get new ones every semester both at the capitol and in their districts. Sometimes the internships are built into certain courses. If Kathryn had an internship position in D.C., that would have been impressive. Those positions are competitive.

Her nickname was Senate Barbie because she was hot and she worked at the Senate. Know what her nickname would have been if she had been known for being hot and smart? Kathryn Dennis.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Young people don't always make good choices. But she does take a beautiful mug shot.

Yes, and Thomas will never look at another woman with the same lust that he did Kathryn.

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I've worked as a paid policy analyst and legislative aide. Legislative intern positions aren't that hard to get. They often get new ones every semester both at the capitol and in their districts. 

I didn't realize they were that easy to get.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:41 PM, Gem 10 said:

Katherine looked like she was going to a "Haunted Mansion" party.  Spooky.

Katherine’s To The Manor Born Meets HotTopic sense of style never fails to crack me up. That girl loves a costume. It’s like she’s Cosplaying her own life.

• Love 5