Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Ain't No Thang Like A Chicken Wing

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The look on Kathryn's face when Thomas said he was spending $10,000.00  a month on attorneys' fees.  It looked like a light went off in her head and she was trying to figure out how that money could be coming to her.   Most of all I am getting kind of grossed out with Thomas and Kathryn and their love story.  Thomas comments about what Kathryn needed to do if there was hope for a future relationship between the two of them.  The woman wants access to Thomas' money and privilege.

Yes, I thought the exact thing! So, I wasn't seeing things.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

I'll bring a box of chocolates. I also like Whitney, or at least, I enjoy watching him on this show. He's certainly different and his take on things can be funny.

I'll sit on the Bench of Shame with you all.  I like Whitney, this season at least.  He's delightfully quippy.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

I'll sit on the Bench of Shame with you all.  I like Whitney, this season at least.  He's delightfully quippy.  

I'm happy to know I'm not alone in liking Whitney.  I had to defend myself in last week's episode thread for sharing that I like Whitney.  He accepts apologies graciously and he's really good to his mother.  He's good to his pets and he's maintained pretty good friendships with most of the people on the show.

• Love 7
On 6/27/2017 at 8:47 AM, zoeysmom said:

The look on Kathryn's face when Thomas said he was spending $10,000.00  a month on attorneys' fees.  It looked like a light went off in her head and she was trying to figure out how that money could be coming to her.   Most of all I am getting kind of grossed out with Thomas and Kathryn and their love story.  Thomas comments about what Kathryn needed to do if there was hope for a future relationship between the two of them.  The woman wants access to Thomas' money and privilege.

The look on her face was saying, "Just give me the $10k a month and you won't have to pay lawyers.  I won't even ask to see the kids - just give me the money."

• Love 8

In all actuality the majority of drug and alcohol counselors are ex addicts. The best people to understand are those who have been there and understand. I've shared before I had a very bad addiction to prescription drugs, did the rehab, and fell off that wagon more than twice! Rehab is not a cure all. Doesn't make me a bad person or a weak person. I'm just a person. I've been off pills for years but it took YEARS to understand what I did, why I did it, and how it affected me and others. To expect Katherine to be all clean and sober  and shiny because she had one rehab is not real life. She fell off the wagon, she got back on. That's how it works. I feel like she's being "shamed" because she's an addict. Would you shame someone who had cancer? No one ASKS to be an addict, no one WANTS to be an addict. Life happens.

Shepp and Thomas are BOTH major alcoholics but it's "OK" for Shep to get so drunk he can't board a plane. Sorry but alcohol is just as much a drug as anything. It's just legal. Thomas spent time in PRISON for dealing coke but no one is saying he's an unfit Dad. 

I spent a lot of time defending Kim on RHOBH because I feel for the addicts because I am one. I'm only a few quick pills away from going down that rabbit hole myself, every dam day! It takes time, and patience, and love, and support, to get clean and stay clean. No one can "make" you get clean. No family intervention will work until that person has hit bottom and is sick and tired of being sick and tired. We all have different bottoms. 

Now do I think either Kim or Katherine should be on tv? No, not really. But it's a job and it pays well. We do what we have to do. I'd take a big old Bravo paycheck over working at the 7-11 for min. wage too! 

I still like Craig. Run Craig, Run. Naomi is an evil, evil, mean girl. That jumper was everything!! It takes a lot of time and patience, and practice to get something like that made and Craig did a super job. Who friggin cares if it was blue or pink thread??? Geeez

So ashamed I loved both Shepp and Thomas in season one. Can't stand either one now. 

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

To expect Katherine to be all clean and sober  and shiny because she had one rehab is not real life.

This is why I hold Bravo accountable & responsible for having her back this season....for ratings. They couldn't give two shits about her actual recovery and struggle.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

This is why I hold Bravo accountable & responsible for having her back this season....for ratings. They couldn't give two shits about her actual recovery and struggle.

Bravo is a business. It's not their problem if someone has an addiction problem. It's the persons with the addictions problem.  Shep obviously has an addiction problem but no one is calling out Bravo for not only having him back every year but now he's getting his own show. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

takes a lot of time and patience, and practice to get something like that made and Craig did a super job. Who friggin cares if it was blue or pink thread??? Geeez

So ashamed I loved both Shepp and Thomas in season one. Can't stand either one now. 

As I said it was sweet but Craig has a computerized embroider that has patterns and you program and then it's does 90% of the work.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I agree . This Beautiful girl is just a commodity to everyone around her. Does she have anybody in her life that actually cares about her?

She needs a hug.

• Love 4
Just now, biakbiak said:

As I said it was sweet but Craig has a computerized embroider that has patterns and you program and then it's does 90% of the work.

Do you have one? I do. They take hours and hours to learn how to use properly. How to line up properly. What to do when the thread breaks in mid embroidery. The proper stabilizer. The proper needles- the proper thread. Not as easy as it looks. Fabric stores hold classes all the time in how to properly use them and how to get good results. The machine does the work of the embroidery but the other 90% is up to the person operating the machine. 

• Love 8
Just now, eurekagirl mOo said:

you have one? I do. They take hours and hours to learn how to use properly. How to line up properly. What to do when the thread breaks in mid embroide

Guess I am a quick learner because while I don't own one my grandmother has the exact same model and I was embroidering napkins for my friends wedding 20 minutes after I started using it and found it extremely easy.

• Love 2
Just now, biakbiak said:

Guess I am a quick learner because while I don't own one my grandmother has the exact same model and I was embroidering napkins for my friends wedding 20 minutes after I started using it and found it extremely easy.

Super! Some people catch on quick. But for most people it takes some time and some practice. I'm giving Craig 100% claps on the back for making something so sweet and taking the time to do it. 

• Love 12

Kathryn C Dennis, that paragon of motherly virtue, who pitched a fit at Thomas then ran away from her newborn daughter, disappearing for several days.  I have to agree with Patricia on this one because, as that old saying goes: A leopard never changes its spots.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Are you saying that Naomie is a narcissist?

I'm saying the private/public persona is a big red flag, which Craig seems to understand on some level. Another is that smirk Naomie gets when she says something hurtful - it might mean she gets pleasure from causing emotional pain.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I'm saying the private/public persona is a big red flag, which Craig seems to understand on some level. Another is that smirk Naomie gets when she says something hurtful - it might mean she gets pleasure from causing emotional pain.

Except we have seen the way he reacts to even the mildest criticism and that what he has said was "so mean" was no worse than what he has said to her in public so I don't trust his characterization.

• Love 8

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaGHHHHHH.  I'm rooting for Katherine and she's letting me down in every way; it's almost like I'm one of  her kids.  TRav is one of the founding fathers of fuck boys--that's the only political clout he has.  

Quit chasing him. Quit the modeling nonsense. Quit drinking.  Quit this shit show .  Get an employable skill.  Re-invent yourself.  

Start over. 

Please.

• Love 15

It's so clear to me that Kathryn has no interests in Thomas, only his wallet.  She knows where Thomas' weakness is--in her "physicality" and the way she strokes his ego with, "I wanna kiss you right now," and "I've always loved you, babe."  Those are not the words of someone who wants to remain friends for the sake of the children. No. She's trying to inch her way back in. Landon's got her number because it takes one to know one. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Except we have seen the way he reacts to even the mildest criticism and that what he has said was "so mean" was no worse than what he has said to her in public so I don't trust his characterization.

I'm going by what we've seen of her when it's just the two of them - 'course it could all be in the edit.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Bravo is a business. It's not their problem if someone has an addiction problem. It's the persons with the addictions problem.  Shep obviously has an addiction problem but no one is calling out Bravo for not only having him back every year but now he's getting his own show. 

And Shep's addiction is being shown, full-blown... by Bravo. For ratings. We've all called out Bravo for exploiting people. Kathryn, Shep... the list is long. I predict his show will bomb like Hiroshima.

12 minutes ago, zenme said:

It's so clear to me that Kathryn has no interests in Thomas, only his wallet.  She knows where Thomas' weakness is--in her "physicality" and the way she strokes his ego with, "I wanna kiss you right now," and "I've always loved you, babe."  Those are not the words of someone who wants to remain friends for the sake of the children. No. She's trying to inch her way back in. Landon's got her number because it takes one to know one. 

Bingo!! Perfectly summed up. She's all about the money, honey.

9 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I'm going by what we've seen of her when it's just the two of them - 'course it could all be in the edit.

So am I and since he has said things like "speak child" to her in public and threatened to breakup with her if she ever questioned him again in public even though he said saying such a thing was awful when she did it when it was just the two of them. Of course we have never seen it when it's just the two of them because obviously there is always a crew present. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/27/2017 at 3:38 AM, Major Bigtime said:

She's posting photos of them together to support the storyline. Reunion's coming up, etc. She knows how the game is played.

Yeah probably. But I found her the most organic amongst the entire cast this season, actually. And she hasn't shilled being a cast member (contrast to Eliza Limehouse, who has in her social media profile as Southern Charm Cast Member even though she was only in a couple of episodes). She doesn't own the salon but it's probably not bad for business at all - I imagine she's probably the most sought-after stylist now in that place. So I kind of give her the benefit of the doubt into playing the game, so to speak.

So what do you all think about the prospects of a Season 5? I think there will be just because this is the original series and Savannah didn't catch on too well. But frankly though, the storylines are getting tired. Are we going to get another rehash on Thomas-Landon? Another rehash of Shep being an asshole to everyone? Unless there's a baby #3, there's really nothing on their moneymaker storyline, and if this current situation escalates, I'm sure the judges are going to give them strict gag orders, so as salacious as their court battle might be, they surely can't touch that on the show. The only new thing really would be Cam's baby. Or if Craig and Naomie get engaged and do wedding preps. Or if Chelsea and Austen get back together. Other than that, barring a major revamp, it looks like this show may be on its last legs...

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4

Which part of the season was better, the first part when Kathryn had minimal screen time or the last few episodes when she was featured more?

They portrayed her as some calm sage but we know from what's been happening since they stopped filming this season that she's back to her old antics again.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

And Shep's addiction is being shown, full-blown... by Bravo. For ratings. We've all called out Bravo for exploiting people. Kathryn, Shep... the list is long. I predict his show will bomb like Hiroshima.

Bingo!! Perfectly summed up. She's all about the money, honey.

What else is there with Thomas?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Which part of the season was better, the first part when Kathryn had minimal screen time or the last few episodes when she was featured more?

They portrayed her as some calm sage but we know from what's been happening since they stopped filming this season that she's back to her old antics again.

This makes me sad. How do we know?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

What else is there with Thomas?

Right? Besides his $ what's he got to offer a gal.?...Broken Dreams and Old Balls. . !?..

He can't even form his own sentances now, he uses quotes from Jane Austen and Margret Mitchell.

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Kinda felt like the same to me. Maybe because there was none of that usual Kathryn cray-cray breakdown that the past seasons have. Even the big "confrontation" with Landon felt like a letdown because she was amazingly able to keep her cool. Landon was the one drunkenly rambling on and on. The fire from Kathryn this season came from her THs. 

6 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

In all actuality the majority of drug and alcohol counselors are ex addicts. The best people to understand are those who have been there and understand. I've shared before I had a very bad addiction to prescription drugs, did the rehab, and fell off that wagon more than twice! Rehab is not a cure all. Doesn't make me a bad person or a weak person. I'm just a person. I've been off pills for years but it took YEARS to understand what I did, why I did it, and how it affected me and others. To expect Katherine to be all clean and sober  and shiny because she had one rehab is not real life. She fell off the wagon, she got back on. That's how it works. I feel like she's being "shamed" because she's an addict. Would you shame someone who had cancer? No one ASKS to be an addict, no one WANTS to be an addict. Life happens.

Shepp and Thomas are BOTH major alcoholics but it's "OK" for Shep to get so drunk he can't board a plane. Sorry but alcohol is just as much a drug as anything. It's just legal. Thomas spent time in PRISON for dealing coke but no one is saying he's an unfit Dad. 

I spent a lot of time defending Kim on RHOBH because I feel for the addicts because I am one. I'm only a few quick pills away from going down that rabbit hole myself, every dam day! It takes time, and patience, and love, and support, to get clean and stay clean. No one can "make" you get clean. No family intervention will work until that person has hit bottom and is sick and tired of being sick and tired. We all have different bottoms. 

Now do I think either Kim or Katherine should be on tv? No, not really. But it's a job and it pays well. We do what we have to do. I'd take a big old Bravo paycheck over working at the 7-11 for min. wage too! 

I still like Craig. Run Craig, Run. Naomi is an evil, evil, mean girl. That jumper was everything!! It takes a lot of time and patience, and practice to get something like that made and Craig did a super job. Who friggin cares if it was blue or pink thread??? Geeez

WOW .. What an unbelievably great post.  I give you credit and wish you well from the heart.  Like I told my husband, why does society and government come down only on prescription pills?  Alcohol is equally lethal, yet no one curbs the sale of such.  I was waiting in the car for the husband when he was purchasing wine.  In the matter of about ten minutes,  I saw about fifty people walk in and out of the liquor store .. All ages.  Medications are limited for everyone, but liquor flows by the buckets with no restrictions.  I don't get it.  Shep was warned about his liver.  That lasted what?  Five days?  Whatever.  The gift Craig gave Cam was priceless.  Shep made fun out of it.  i would frame that gift and hang it in the baby's room.  Put a pink bow on top (it's a girl.)  Good Luck to you.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Well, if you watch "Watch What Happens", Andy Cohen and Bravo just fill the guests up with alcohol.  The drunker, the better.  He just salivates when someone is drunk and makes an ass of themselves.  That show is actually disgusting.  People go on there for exposure.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

The gift Craig gave Cam was priceless.  Shep made fun out of it.  i would frame that gift and hang it in the baby's room.  Put a pink bow on top (it's a girl.)  Good Luck to you.

Shep was an ass. He probably thought he was the only one who was going to give Cam a gift and it's the frickin' funny gift. Even Whitney was like "are you jealous?!" when everyone loved Craig's gift. I love what Craig did - you could see he made that gift for Cam from the heart and he put so much effort into it and wanted to make her happy. I'm glad he didn't let Shep's barbs get to him. Even during his toast, he couldn't help but put one last jab to Craig. I wished Craig had punched him in the jaw instead of on the knees. He and Landon were being total asses.

Shep was fun in the first season, but I think all this fame went straight to his head and he now fully believes and buys into his own shit. He and Craig actually had the same starting point - booze, women, no burgeoning career, etc. But Craig, who was much younger, was able to straighten his life out, and now looks like the better man. I think Shep's resentment towards Craig stems heavily from jealousy - that Craig is perceived to be the better man now between the two of them. On a recent podcast, Craig said he felt Shep's resentment started when Craig won auction when Kelsea Ballerini bid on him over Shep, and that Shep just never got over that.

If Shep doesn't come back for the fifth season (assuming there's one) because of his new show, then good riddance.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Bravo is a business. It's not their problem if someone has an addiction problem.

It can become a major problem if there is some sort of accident or injury when they are filming/escorting a cast member who is obviously "under the influence."

On 6/27/2017 at 10:42 AM, Gem 10 said:

The point was that he was happy for Cam and made that precious onesie that she will probably treasure for the rest of her life.

I doubt if he "made" the onsie.  I think he purchases garments/etc. and uses a computerized machine to embroider on them.  It's a sweet gesture and an admirable hobby.

• Love 2
(edited)

T-Rav must have a literary quote of the day calendar what with suddenly quoting Pride and Prejudice and Gone with the Wind. Either that, or he's taken to falling asleep while watching TCM.

I thought that loooooong hug between Kathryn and T-Rav was going to end with the "9 months later" black screen of season 1. I think T-Rav is coming off as more desperate than Kathryn, the way he was ready to make Landon Mrs Ravenel, bad-mouthing Kathryn, but as soon as Landon defends Kathryn, he drops Landon and is back into Kathryn? Landon was right about one thing: Thomas WAS playing the two of them against each other. I guess this is the closest he would get to feeling like two women were "fighting over him"? As soon as Landon wasn't going to play that game, she's not "worthy" of him. Well, screw you, Thomas! And I don't even LIKE Landon!

I'm sad to hear in "real time" Kathryn isn't doing well. Otherwise, I would have truly believed in the #newkathryn storyline of this season. She really does seem changed, mature, introspective, aware of owing her emotions, etc.--poor judgment of wanting to get back together with T-Rav, aside.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 7

I'm giving Craig 100% claps on the back for making something so sweet and taking the time to do it. 

Me too! Shep tried his best to shit all over it, but Cam loved it. He had the most adorable look on his face when he saw that she liked it.  

• Love 7

When Danni started to faint and Elizabeth called to Whitney to help her, Whitney actually grabbed a handful of Danni's hair as she went down... 

How old IS Whitney, anyway? I alternate between being amused by him, and being disgusted by his sense of entitlement . Does he even have a personality? 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I doubt if he "made" the onsie.  I think he purchases garments/etc. and uses a computerized machine to embroider on them.  It's a sweet gesture and an admirable hobby.

He still "made" it.  -  no business/crafter that 'makes' onesies actually sews together the actual onesie. 

It made me sad to watch Landon and Shep make fun of Craig right in front of him.... so much that I actually laughed when he slammed Shep on the leg.  Because it was so ridiculous and I think everyone was surprised that he actually did it.  

• Love 10
(edited)

YOU:  Did you make this onesie yourself?

ME:   I didn't make the onesie, but I embroidered the decorations.

That's more what I expected.  I had no idea people could "make" things they didn't make.

Edited by Former Nun
28 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

YOU:  Did you make this onesie yourself?

ME:   I didn't make the onsie, but I embroidered the decorations.

That's more what I expected.  I had no idea people could "make" things they didn't make.

Seems like a matter of semantics, at least to me. To me, it's just like a painting - you buy a blank canvass and painted on it. People naturally ask "did you make this?", and it's also natural for people to answer "Yes, I made this painting." I don't think people who ask that painting question expect the painter to make the canvass from scratch before starting his painting. There's a certain understanding of what's made and what's not. Didn't offend me. It would have offended me if he said he made the onesie when he just bought it at the store.

• Love 8

This episode was the first time I've actually felt sorry for Kathyrn.  Thomas is *that* guy who finds you irresistible one moment and then in the light of day can't wait to leave the scene of the crime.    While he may have been attracted to her again because they seem to be getting along well, his attraction is really to her volatility.  But then he makes her pay for being unstable, but delights in reeling her back in with his supposed charm. His "I didn't think you ever loved me" was so pathetic. 

I can't stand Landon but he showed how punitive he really is. If you don't support him, you're a traitor.  He's pretty much Kathyrn. But older and should be wiser.  He just gets away with it because he's got family money and can hide his crazy better.  

Also, he used to be somewhat attractive to me, but tonight his face was not looking so hot.  And Kathryn, she could look incredible if she would learn how to do her makeup.

• Love 9

See, I kinda feel like Landon was a little two-faced.  I mean, yes, she did make the point that Thomas pits them against one another.  I actually didn't realize it until she made the comment.  I feel like Landon should have just made her apologies and left Thomas out of it.  I think she did it because she was drunk, and then had to own it once she'd realized what she'd done.  If she feels that Thomas pits her against Kathryn then she should have brought it up with Thomas privately, and not in front of Kathryn and the rest of the world.  To me, that was the disloyal part. 

Landon appeared interested in Thomas for camera time.  She changed her mind only when she saw the group sympathizing with Kathryn.  Nothing she does is genuine.  Next season she'll likely be planning interventions for Shep.

Craig embroidering the onesie for Cameran was sweet and you tell how touched she was by it when she showed it to her Mom.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

This episode was the first time I've actually felt sorry for Kathyrn.  Thomas is *that* guy who finds you irresistible one moment and then in the light of day can't wait to leave the scene of the crime.

So is Shep. So is Whitney. She slept with both of them to hook a rich husband. Thomas is the only one of the three stupid enough not to use a condom. If Shep had gotten her pregnant, we'd be seeing the same story with a different leading man. And a drunkard, to boot.

• Love 2
On 6/26/2017 at 7:32 PM, Sai said:

Unpopular opinion but I don't mind Whitney.  My mother told me that you can tell how a guy is gonna treat his wife by how he treats his mother and Whitney is very nice to his mother.

I like to believe this, but I don't know. Shep is also very nice to his mom (and his sister too), but that doesn't make him any less of a dick and entitled when it comes to treating women in general. 

• Love 7