Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: World Enough And Time

• Start Topic

On 7/15/2017 at 10:43 PM, AudienceofOne said:

Yes the man who decided the Master needed a new name because she was a woman gave the Doctor a rant to Bill about gender stereotyping. Probably because he wanted a female Doctor and all us 'sexist' fans rebelled. I'll give him credit for Bill who I think is awesome but only because she's only had one season. I guarantee you that he would have destroyed her given enough time.

And now the 13th Doctor is a woman. I wonder if she'll get a cute name like Missy did.

I'm still pissed--call me shallow--I like my Doctor to have interesting clothing, maybe nice on the eyes, be angry and funny, incredibly clever, and male.  But they just had to beat us over the head with a female Doctor to go with last year's Missy. 

I'm a woman, BTW. Just in case I get yelled at for being misogynist. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, whoknowswho said:

And now the 13th Doctor is a woman. I wonder if she'll get a cute name like Missy did.

I'm still pissed--call me shallow--I like my Doctor to have interesting clothing, maybe nice on the eyes, be angry and funny, incredibly clever, and male.  But they just had to beat us over the head with a female Doctor to go with last year's Missy. 

I'm a woman, BTW. Just in case I get yelled at for being misogynist. 

I'm a woman as well and I can't stomach the thought. I can't even imagine how appallingly it's going to be done 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, whoknowswho said:

Well "Master" is a gendered title in a way "Doctor" is not (these days, more women qualify as Doctors than men, but they're equally addressed as "Doctor X"). It would be unusual to address a woman as "Master", although they still get Masters Degrees (not sure about other contexts such as "Master of Ceremonies" or "Master of College").

I have no problem with a female Doctor - so long as she's well written.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 18/07/2017 at 7:39 AM, AudienceofOne said:

I'm a woman as well and I can't stomach the thought. I can't even imagine how appallingly it's going to be done 

Surely you're not implying Chris 'fuck buddies, cyberchica' Chibnall is bad at women?

I'm more concerned that he's bad at writing. The best you can say about his Who/Torchwood work is that it gets better. a bit.

Edited by HauntedBathroom