Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first Alaskan Bush People Hitler video I've seen.

That is one I made a long time ago, there are plenty of 'Hitler reacts' videos out there on youtube, most are pretty funny. Just search youtube for 'Hitler reacts', and you will spend 5 hours laughing...

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, realityobserver said:

That is one I made a long time ago, there are plenty of 'Hitler reacts' videos out there on youtube, most are pretty funny. Just search youtube for 'Hitler reacts', and you will spend 5 hours laughing...

It probably was yours that I saw then.  Makes sense because it had a similar theme, that Hitler was fascinated by the Browns and the people around him were trying to tell him it's all BS.  I've seen a lot of those Hitler Reacts videos, I usually enjoy them as long as I'm interested in the subject that they're parodying.  

• LOL 1
On 9/28/2020 at 9:29 PM, rmontro said:

You pointed out Gabe saying that "Asha" wouldn't like them wearing shoes on the floor.  After reading that, I had to go back and check it out myself.  Who the heck is Asha?  The construction foreman maybe?  Billy's cult leader name?

I was also wondering about that scene where Bear pours the cocoa into a snowball, takes one taste of it, then throws it on the ground.  Must not be as good as he was portraying it.

They seem to be really pushing this new "Bird is crazy" narrative.  I see no reason to doubt it, but it's a little sad to see the show openly mocking her like this.  Another sad thing is really, if she would just get that one tooth fixed, she'd look like a normal human being.

This bottle cap business is another of those "Why haven't we heard about this before?" examples.  Apparently they've been using bottle caps as currency all along, but this is the first I've seen of it, as far as I can remember.

If the house building is so important, why don't they have the whole family out there working on it?  That's the benefit of having a large, close knit family.  If they had everyone there, they could have lifted that wall easily.  Next week the fire, looks like.

My husband had to FF through most of the rat stuff. Caught the end when Gabe tried on the slipper, which was amusing. I like Bird, but yikes.

We both were saying the same thing about the build, why are they not all there helping with the walls? They had four or five of them there for one section, and then only Bam and Gabe for a heavier piece. Makes no damn sense.

• Love 2

Just some quick comments on tonight's episode:

Ami actually had some speaking lines, I'm amazed.

Why was bird dressed as some sort of elf fairy for the medieval birthday party?

The part that had me falling out of my chair laughing was when Bam was driving up the mountain looking for his parents during the fire.  He sees Billy and Ami's truck coming down the mountain, and says something like "We were looking for y'all, do you have everyone?".  Billy just drove off with Bam in mid sentence without even answering him, like "Who is this guy and why is he bothering me?  There's a fire going on, I'm outta here".

Rain also complained that the Suburban wouldn't start during the fire.  The same Suburban that was in town for repairs a few weeks ago, the same Suburban that even Noah couldn't keep running.  I'd say it's shot, people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

When he gave the kid the old watch that said 1897 I was thinking that Billy probably found it at Value Village on half-price day, making it about $9.48. He said that he'd never passed anything down to the kids. Didn't he pass down a "very special" knife or duck call or something a couple years ago? I think it was Birdie he gave it to.                                                             That was pretty funny when Billy basically ignored the boys coming to get them.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, rmontro said:

Rain also complained that the Suburban wouldn't start during the fire.  The same Suburban that was in town for repairs a few weeks ago, the same Suburban that even Noah couldn't keep running.

The same Suburban that was traded for the black 'Farm Truck' two weeks ago...uh huh...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, realityobserver said:

The same Suburban that was traded for the black 'Farm Truck' two weeks ago...uh huh...

Did Noah trade that?  I thought it was in the shop when Noah picked up that farm truck.  Are they trying to suggest the junk dealer took that in trade sight unseen?  Maybe he was so glad to get rid of that busted up farm truck he figured he couldn't lose.  I guess it could be a different Suburban, but it's more likely it was a plot hole.

• Love 2

Did Noah trade that?  I thought it was in the shop when Noah picked up that farm truck.  Are they trying to suggest the junk dealer took that in trade sight unseen?  Maybe he was so glad to get rid of that busted up farm truck he figured he couldn't lose.  I guess it could be a different Suburban, but it's more likely it was a plot hole.

When he went to the junkyard looking for a vehicle, what I heard was that he would accept a trade (didn't actually say the Suburban) and offered his brothers as labor also. The one in the shop that was mentioned earlier in the show, it was his white pickup that he drives around. That's why he was driving the Suburban. Rhain specifically said his pickup was in the shop for maintenance...

I watch the show carefully for little hints and nuances, I don't want to make mistakes. Often in the show, some of the stuff is hard to follow, I was a little confused as to what he was trading in. In the next episode after the trade he was driving the white pick up again, so I figured it was the Suburban that he traded.

Of course, all this is just written for the show, none of it really happens, so it is anyones guess what truly went on.

Another comment from a facebook page said that the Suburban mentioned in the fire escape episode was a newer Suburban, I never actually saw the new one as I didn't plan to recap that part of the show for the fact that making light of wild fires that cause enormous damage isn't really something to make fun of. 

In the end I imagine it was a plot hole, and in the rush to make it seem like high drama it may have just slipped out. And in the end, I really couldn't care less about what vehicles they do or do not own....LOL

Edited by realityobserver
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, realityobserver said:

Nothing a Xanax, some herb, a couple shots of JD and a session with a psychiatrist can't undo... 

Minus the shrink, I think I could use the same. I've been too grumpy lately to even read your recaps. I may have to binge read when I'm in a better mood. You need a sense of humor to follow the Bush People or their goofiness is just irritating.

• Useful 1

I was curious yesterday about Matt Brown, its like he no longer exists. What I found was shocking. Previously the gossip was about a falling out with Billy and money. Articles released last month reveal that he was actually accused of raping two women while in a drunken stupor. This happened in 2018 while they were all in LA and both women worked for the family. Both Gabe and Bear were reported to be horrified but not surprised by what he can do in a drunken stupor and the whole family has since shunned him.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, rmontro said:

Hey, go read them, there are always some good laughs.

Yeah, very true. That's a good idea. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

I was curious yesterday about Matt Brown, its like he no longer exists. What I found was shocking. Previously the gossip was about a falling out with Billy and money. Articles released last month reveal that he was actually accused of raping two women while in a drunken stupor. This happened in 2018 while they were all in LA and both women worked for the family. Both Gabe and Bear were reported to be horrified but not surprised by what he can do in a drunken stupor and the whole family has since shunned him.

Wow, sounds pretty nuts but not totally surprising. They do show his picture occasionally so wouldn't they still have to pay him something?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2020 at 10:58 AM, Punkadoo said:

I hadn't heard those rumors about falling out with Billy over money.  I could see that happening though, Billy doesn't seem like he'd be too free to let go of his money, even to his own children.  The other stuff is just shocking, but some people go completely off the rails when they have a substance abuse problem.  Honestly, shunning him is probably the best thing the family can do for him, because at least that way they're not enabling him.  It all sounds very unfortunate though, it really is a shame.  I actually miss him being on the show.

• Love 3

Well, that episode was not fun at all.  It was awful, and not in the usual sense we use it here.  

A lot of the episode was a recap, which was annoying, but it was almost acceptable here.  Also annoying that they left the season finale as kind of a cliffhanger, as to what, if anything, was left.  But from the pictures they showed at the end, it didn't look good.

I was a little surprised to see Matt quite a bit in the old footage.

• Love 4

This was a very sad episode. I too wasn't thrilled with all the recapping from past seasons. What got to me the most was when Gabe was talking about his and their fear about possibly losing mom, Ami to cancer in the past. The love was so much greater than I expected to hear from him, the fear he had about the possible loss of her was so real and heartfelt it made me cry. 

I mean, don't we all expect to outlive our parents and kind of are conditioned for that reality throughout our lives. He was showing the kind of anticipated pain one would have if it were the other way around, and it was a parent who outlived their child, type of pain of loss, or anticipated loss, in this case.

I can only hope my kids love me that much. I never would want them to feel that kind of pain from loss of me, but to be loved that much, that the thought of losing me would be unbearable was kind of refreshing to see in Gabes heart. Man, he does love his mama! Good for him. It's admirable and a testimony to Ami. The parts we were never shown of her mothering techniques.

The horses. I thought they said they set them free before leaving the mountain the first time after the fire started, so they wouldn't be trapped. They were in the corral when they went up to try and get North and as many horses as they could off the mountain in the half hour time allotted to them to do so. If they didn't have that surprise half hour allotted to them, those horses would have been trapped in the corral if the fire made it there. So that contradicts what they originally said about setting the horses free to save themselves if need be. That North star was a gorgeous horse. Looked like a thoroughbred to me, tho I'm not an expert.

The shot from above of the burnt large building at the very end, with no explanation of whether we were looking at the big barn or the new house. I think it was the barn.

I feel very bad for them and all the people who were affected by that fire. The animals too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, realityobserver said:

Good choice, there really wasn't anything to make fun of or parody in this episode.

1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

This was a very sad episode. I too wasn't thrilled with all the recapping from past seasons. What got to me the most was when Gabe was talking about his and their fear about possibly losing mom, Ami to cancer in the past. The love was so much greater than I expected to hear from him, the fear he had about the possible loss of her was so real and heartfelt it made me cry. 

If you remember those episodes, Gabe was barely in them because he was so torn up that he wouldn't participate in the filming.  Like you say, good for him for loving him mama.

I was confused about the horses too.  Maybe they left the gate open, but the horses just stayed in the corral?

The building at the end raised my usual suspicions.  It looked like the barn burned down (if it was the barn), but it was surrounded by leaf filled trees that were unburnt and just fine.  It certainly could happen because of a stray spark, with maybe some dry straw, but given this show's history I wondered about it.

I don't know to what extent they really live on that mountain, we know Billy does own that land.  Maybe they live in Loomis at the hotel with the crew.  But regardless of that, it's a tragedy for the area.

• Love 2

No, I can't remember that time back then when Gabe was too emotional to be filmed during Ami's illness. The pain he has of just remembering those days is so excruciatingly real. I hope Ami lives till she's 100 or more, for Gabe's sake. He's just a great big sweet hearted teddy bear of a young man, who can hold his own during a skirmish with a huge, killer-footed ostrich.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

No, I can't remember that time back then when Gabe was too emotional to be filmed during Ami's illness. 

Those weren't the best episodes anyway, with the family sitting around a house in California waiting for news on Ami.  To fill in time, they showed a lot of old clips of them in Browntown.  About as entertaining as it sounds.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rmontro said:

was confused about the horses too.  Maybe they left the gate open, but the horses just stayed in the corral?

Yeah, I noticed that. There's an old saying, something about scared horses running into the burning barn because they feel safe there. Maybe that's why.

6 hours ago, rmontro said:

The building at the end raised my usual suspicions.  It looked like the barn burned down (if it was the barn), but it was surrounded by leaf filled trees that were unburnt and just fine.  It certainly could happen because of a stray spark, with maybe some dry straw, but given this show's history I wondered about it.

I thought the same looking at Bird's house. Complete ash (besides the bathtub and stuff) but very nearby it looked pretty untouched. I couldn't figure out what burned except for Noah and Bird's place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Eataton said:

I thought the same looking at Bird's house. Complete ash (besides the bathtub and stuff) but very nearby it looked pretty untouched. I couldn't figure out what burned except for Noah and Bird's place.

Yeah, Bird's house looked like it could have been staged also.  I hate to be so suspicious, but it looks strange.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

No, I can't remember that time back then when Gabe was too emotional to be filmed during Ami's illness. The pain he has of just remembering those days is so excruciatingly real. I hope Ami lives till she's 100 or more, for Gabe's sake. He's just a great big sweet hearted teddy bear of a young man, who can hold his own during a skirmish with a huge, killer-footed ostrich.

Those weren't the best episodes anyway, with the family sitting around a house in California waiting for news on Ami.  To fill in time, they showed a lot of old clips of them in Browntown.  About as entertaining as it sounds.

There wasn't a lot happening in those episodes but I remember just seeing the pain and worry on everyone's faces and hearing it in their voices. As someone who has been through the same situation, I really felt for them. 

• Love 3
On 10/13/2020 at 2:19 AM, rmontro said:

Yeah, Bird's house looked like it could have been staged also.  I hate to be so suspicious, but it looks strange.

It sure does. Looks like the California type fires which melt cars, and burn down neighborhoods of houses while the neighborhood and yard trees and bushes are untouched and green. Mighty strange fire.

Edited by SassyCat
  • Love 3

I enjoyed the clip show. It was fun seeing everyone laugh and comment on their past adventures. It's cool how they mixed it up with the talking-head pairings too - Bam and Billy, Bird and Gabe, Rain and Bear. Bird getting so emotional over Alaska was a moment.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, iluvobx said:

As much as I loved to knock this show and the Brown's themselves, I do feel sorry for them at this time.  It is very hard to lose a parent and with that, they have my condolences.

For sure.  And this family seems to be closer than most.  The kids really seemed to respect, depend on, and look up to their parents, I bet this has been especially hard for them.

• Love 5

Watched the Billy Brown tribute show tonight.  I know it was mostly previously aired clips, but in the old photo of Billy and Ami sitting on the couch, he looked so much like Bear.  

There was also a rerun clip of when they named North Star Ranch.  When all the kids got up and howled, Bam remained seated and didn't participate.  I notice he often doesn't participate in the howls.

Some of the kids said a few words in remembrance of their dad, you could see they were emotional about it.  I wonder if there will be any more shows?  And if we'll find out what happened with the fire?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, rmontro said:

Watched the Billy Brown tribute show tonight.  I know it was mostly previously aired clips, but in the old photo of Billy and Ami sitting on the couch, he looked so much like Bear.  

He sure did!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, rmontro said:

There was also a rerun clip of when they named North Star Ranch.  When all the kids got up and howled, Bam remained seated and didn't participate.  I notice he often doesn't participate in the howls.

Some of the kids said a few words in remembrance of their dad, you could see they were emotional about it.  I wonder if there will be any more shows?  And if we'll find out what happened with the fire?

Said the same thing to my husband about that picture, definitely looked like Bear. 

Bam may think the howling is a bit silly. It is, but it's also kind of fun. Lots of talk about Billy being the glue that holds the family together.

I wonder where everyone is living now? There was an article that said Billy and Ami were living in a mansion in Beverly Hills, wonder how true that was.

• Love 2

They aired the first episode of the new season, the first since Billy passed away.  The time period covered was from before his death, however.  They showed (unsuccessful) efforts to build a zipline system, before the wildfire, then the results of the fire and what was left from it.  Basically Bear, Rain, and the parents' houses survived, and everything else was lost.  Noah's tent, Bird's house, and Bam's were wiped out, along with the barn.  I think Gabe had been staying in the barn?

For the first time, they addressed the possibility of Bird getting a suitor.  Rain tried to get her to dress a little nicer, and Gabe took her to the gas station to chat up some guys, but there was no one there.  But hey, it's a start.

Noah has plans to build a flying boat, and even his wife realizes this is batshit crazy.  If he (and/or the crew) pull this one off, I'll eat my metaphorical hat.

I thought Billy's voice sounded kind of rough throughout the episode.

• Useful 1

What I noticed is how much Bird looks exactly like her mother Ami did when she was younger. Like twins. Bird needs to get that tooth fixed first of all. That would help immensely in the finding her a suitor, as a first step to take. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

What I noticed is how much Bird looks exactly like her mother Ami did when she was younger. Like twins. Bird needs to get that tooth fixed first of all. That would help immensely in the finding her a suitor, as a first step to take. 

I've seen pictures before of a young Ami looking very much like Bird, so you're right about that.  Even if she didn't want to find a suitor, I bet she would feel so much better if she got her tooth fixed.  She's probably afraid of the dentist, but if she had it done it would probably be one of those things where she would think "Why didn't I get this done years ago?".  They could knock her out for it even.

Her family can give her advice, but she's so resistive to even something as simple as letting her hair down or changing her clothes.

• Love 3

Bear's situation with his son River is genuinely sad.  That doll he made for him was genuinely terrifying, or hilarious, I'm not sure which.  I guess if River wants to know who his father was, he can look at that doll and it should tell him a lot.

It was kind of funny that they apparently found the remains of Bird's "rat shoes".  Some of these scenes seem like they're almost making fun of the kids, like Bird's chinchilla dirt bath.

Haven't seen reality observer on these pages for awhile, but I notice he's still doing his satires on the show.  Here's the link to the one from last week:

• Love 5

Birds shower used as a big kitty litter filled stink box was the most disgusting thing ever. These people treat anything they have like dirt. The trailer and the bathroom and its shower did not look like it was in bad shape. For her to use the shower as a catbox , I cant see how any part of that little trailer doesn’t smell like cat crap and pee. She must smell like cat crap and pee if she lives in there. She obviously doesn’t use the shower for cleaning the stink off her that would accumulate no matter where she kept a catbox in that trailer with all those cats in such small quarters.

How many years is Gabe going to have to be wearing those braces on his teeth. The elastic bands he has on them sure are placed in there on some strange angles. Maybe hes using them as a jaw alignment tool.

The way they always talk about how they hope their (lazy always sitting on his ass ) father will approve of whatever they are seeking approval for just shows how cult-like their thinking is. They have no normal desire to interact with the rest of the worlds people, like normal people, but hope only to lure any one who happens to come along into their closed world and marry them up quickly adding to slug Billy and queen Ami’s slave population. I hate that horrible disgusting thing on Billys face he calls a mustache/beard or whatever it is called all blended into one ugly yuck thing hanging off his face.

Bam almost made it out for that time he was away, but came back. Matt isn’t even spoken of since he blew up whatever it was he exploded that time along with causing a brain injury to himself. 

• Love 5
On 10/10/2021 at 9:25 PM, SassyCat said:

Birds shower used as a big kitty litter filled stink box was the most disgusting thing ever. These people treat anything they have like dirt. The trailer and the bathroom and its shower did not look like it was in bad shape. For her to use the shower as a catbox , I cant see how any part of that little trailer doesn’t smell like cat crap and pee. She must smell like cat crap and pee if she lives in there. She obviously doesn’t use the shower for cleaning the stink off her that would accumulate no matter where she kept a catbox in that trailer with all those cats in such small quarters.

That blew my mind, too.  Does she just not bathe?  And does she just turn on the shower to clean that litter box?  You're supposed to have more than one box if you have more than one cat (I read somewhere one box per cat, plus one)--her whole toilet must be unusable due to the odor.  Is she hooked up to some kind of cess pit?  Won't that absorbent litter eventually clog her pipes?  And what a lazy slob to not bother with litter boxes!

Re: Gabe's braces:  on other reality shows, young women seem to wear braces forever, and I thought it was some kind of new cosmetic thing, but with all those rubber bands, Gabe's braces are obviously functional, both upper and lower.  Bird's teeth are so jacked up I guess we can assume his are, too.  I'd love to see a photo pre-braces.  Of course Bird's teeth would be a thousand times better if she'd get something to fill in that missing front tooth.

Edit:  Google is my friend.

image.png.556e6611360cc536dd0218958e9ac8f3.png

Edited by Mothra
On 10/10/2021 at 9:25 PM, SassyCat said:

Birds shower used as a big kitty litter filled stink box was the most disgusting thing ever

Why use the shower as a shower when you can just bathe in the creek?  The main thing I found disturbing was that with the number of cats that were there, that was nowhere near enough kitty littler.  I guess there could be some other boxes in there that we didn't see.

The Spam and stewed tomatoes that Noah was eating?  Yuck.  And exactly why does he need a war horse?  I wonder what his wife thought about him going off to live in a horse corral for a week?

Buying the Integrity seems like a money pit.  Is that guy supposed to be bailing out that boat for the next ten years before they decide to come back?  All for what looked like about eight pieces of lumber?  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, rmontro said:

Why use the shower as a shower when you can just bathe in the creek?  The main thing I found disturbing was that with the number of cats that were there, that was nowhere near enough kitty littler.  I guess there could be some other boxes in there that we didn't see.

The Spam and stewed tomatoes that Noah was eating?  Yuck.  And exactly why does he need a war horse?  I wonder what his wife thought about him going off to live in a horse corral for a week?

Buying the Integrity seems like a money pit.  Is that guy supposed to be bailing out that boat for the next ten years before they decide to come back?  All for what looked like about eight pieces of lumber?  

The Integrity was never in their name.  The Integrity has never been missing.  I seem to remember that DC was the actual owner of it. 

I guess with Billy's death, they figure they can milk another season out of this past being a shit show.  Such bullshit with this family.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, iluvobx said:

The Integrity was never in their name.  The Integrity has never been missing.  I seem to remember that DC was the actual owner of it. 

I would have guessed that Park Slope would have rented it, like they did Browntown.  But they've earned some decent money in the past few years, so I could believe Billy possibly wanting to own it for nostalgia's sake.  I just don't see them having any practical use for it, while allegedly living on top of a mountain.

I also want to say that I had a bit of a negative reaction to Bird killing the deer.  I'm not against hunting, but it just seemed trivial.  If they were living there and needed the meat to eat, that would be one thing.  But it seems like they basically shot the deer just to fulfill some storyline about Bird reliving her childhood.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 5