Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Unless Rhain is some kind of stealth bitch, I think Bird needs try and get along for her brother's sake.

If Rhain was some sort of stealth bitch, we'd never know it, because we've barely seen any of her interactions with the family.  Mostly they just show shots of her showing that Joker smile she has (hmm, that could be a bad sign now that I think of it).  Bird needs to try to get along though, anyway.  I expect she'll come around.  Maybe they'll end up best of friends, after all here's another girl around her age to talk to.

• Love 2

Bird seems to have a lot of problems regarding her sibling and outsiders. She & Rain were talking last season, Rain was telling her it wasn't gonna be like she always thought it would be when she got married. Bird always wanted it to be a big happy family sharing everything, when Rain told her she would live in her own house with her own husband Bird didn't seem too keen on that idea.

• Love 2

I just started watching this trainwreck again after abandoning it for years. After seeing the new premiere, I went back a couple of episodes to see if I missed anything. I didn't.  It's gotten even worse than it used to be. The foot smelling alone was horrendous as hell. How can Discovery not realize that if THAT is the content this family brings ... maybe they shouldn't have a show?

I feel like Snowbird is a little slow. She seems eternally twelve years old instead of being twenty four. Rain seems more mature than her at times. 

Gabe's speaking voice is awful. The braces have made him sound like he had a stroke.

Why why why do all of them have so much vocal fry at times? Sometimes they vocal fry and sometimes they don't. It sounds horrible. And all of the kids do it but not the parents. 

• Love 5

Oh for Pete's sake.  IF THEY DON'T FIX BIRD'S TEETH SOON I WILL GO UP THERE.  I literally can't even look at her.

Noah acting like he has a model's body was just gross.  I am no model myself but I don't tease the camera and unveil a flabby body either.  When long-haired brother wanted him to untie his hair while they were working with tools I was all, "No, that is not tool safety at all".  Good way to scalp yourself.

New episode tonight at 10 pm Eastern.  No wonder no one can follow this crap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, jumper sage said:

Noah acting like he has a model's body was just gross.  I am no model myself but I don't tease the camera and unveil a flabby body either. 

On the new episode they have Gabe modeling some clothes.  They are kind of flabby (Noah especially), but the do appear to have some good upper body strength.  You wonder how some of them got so fat living in the wild.

I don't know why Bird doesn't fix her teeth, I've always theorized she has a phobia about the dentist.

I was wondering about the logistics of getting that buffalo back, butchered, and stored.  They said it was a 10 hour trip back to their mountain.  I imagine they would have to pay someone to butcher it for them (I notice we didn't see any scenes of them doing it this time), and put it on ice to go home.  Billy said the meat would last them three months.  Noah built that mine cooler thing.  I don't know how cold it gets in Washington during the winter, but I would think at some point it would be colder outside than the mine air would be.  I'm pretty sure caves tend to stay at a consistent temperature year round, I'm guessing it would probably be in the 50s or 40s.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, rmontro said:

You wonder how some of them got so fat living in the wild.

Room service?

34 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I don't know why Bird doesn't fix her teeth, I've always theorized she has a phobia about the dentist.

Isn't that what Valium and laughing gas is for?

They were in Idaho right?  I looked up buffalo hunting and it seems a national act was enacted and only buffalo farms or Indian land may be used for buffalo hunting.  There appears to be many farms in which you can pay to hunt and they will process the meat for you.  I can so see them pretending to hunt, all the while, they just filmed there and bought meat to take home.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

There appears to be many farms in which you can pay to hunt and they will process the meat for you. 

That's probably where they were at, if they were really hunting.

• Love 1
On 3/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, jumper sage said:

Oh for Pete's sake.  IF THEY DON'T FIX BIRD'S TEETH SOON I WILL GO UP THERE.  I literally can't even look at her.

Someone better warn Bird, jumper sage is going to appear on the mountain suddenly, wielding a pair of pliers!

I'll keep my eyes on the news.

😉

While you're there, you might tell her to go make friends with No-uh's wife.  It's odd how she said she cares about him and doesn't want to see him taken advantage of.  Sounds like Bird is suspicious of Rhain's motives.

No-uh was also talking about how she's another mouth to feed (he even stole a duck from his brother).  He also said one reason he was working so hard for the family was to convince everyone that it is better that they are there than if they are not.  Sounds like there is some behind the scenes drama going on that we're not being given access to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Sounds like Bird is suspicious of Rhain's motives. 

I suppose that could be understandable, if you try real hard to imagine any girl saying to herself: “That Noah Brown has every quality that any girl could ever want in a man” 😜

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 11/7/2018 at 10:26 AM, wanton87 said:

I wouldn’t doubt that they have some decent qualities. My main problem with them is the manipulation. And as someone that has direct experience with late stage lung cancer, I’m not buying that Ami cancer scare for a second. Lung cancer is simply not something that is so neatly and conveniently taken care of, and in so timely of a fashion. For anyone doubting this, try looking up the statistics on lung cancer (I’ll save you the trouble though, by stating that they’re very poor is an understatement).

Rain won’t have any problems scoring a top notch mate. Truth be told, Birdy really isn’t bad looking either. But we live in a vain society, and that missing tooth is gonna hurt her SMV pretty bad in the dating market 😄 (I jest, but in all seriousness, I meant what I said about her looks being decent).

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer about the same time Ami was.   He is still alive, but barely.   Still looks like hell.  Still sick and in a lot of pain.  Wish his recovery could have been as quick and easy as hers.  I really don’t even think recovery is in his future.   I think this cancer will eventually take him out.  He’s only 63, don’t know her age.  He didn’t smoke and I think she did ( maybe still does).  She looks really healthy sitting in the camper with her 20’s flapper apparel and John Lennon shades. This whole family looks ridiculous.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Prisonnurse said:

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer about the same time Ami was.   He is still alive, but barely.  

Best of luck to your uncle PN. At the time that my father was diagnosed, the survival rate was around 50% over the first year (My father only lasted 7 months). However, since then, there have been at least one, or perhaps a few new drugs that have been approved by the FDA, that have extended the lives of lung cancer patients.

My father did smoke, and for many years. Oddly enough, he had quit for almost 20 years prior to his diagnosis. But such habits have a way of coming back to haunt a person, as it did with my father.

• Love 1

Bird is turning out to be a little sh!t stirrer.  First she causes trouble with No-uh's wife, and now she moves Bam's bees without his permission.  He was probably wrong to put them next to his parent's trailer though.

Bam is overstepping the bounds of his property, seemingly trying to grab more than he's entitled to.  I don't really find that surprising though.  Gabe seems to think it's unintentional though.  Gabe seems to be a bit of a schmuck.  He helped Bird move the bees, even though he didn't want to, and then didn't want to confront Bam when he came around.

The "Bear-crow" was kind of funny.  Whoever they have making No-uh's inventions for him has been doing a better job lately, between that and the meat locker.

Gabe wants to get married already.  Wow, I don't even know what to say.  His "fiance" seems nice enough.  I don't know why they won't acknowledge Bam's woman.  She must now want to be on camera.

I'm curious if the Browns are actually living on the mountain or not.  In the past, there were always reports of how they were really staying at a hotel.  I haven't heard anything like that lately.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Why was I rooting for the cougar to come onto the Brown ghetto and attack them all ?

They slept in the barn on 'night watch', but were all ready to get back to their regular lodging, the teepees. Seems the barn would be more comfortable.

I had to ask my wife, 'How long is Rhain (with an H) and Raquel (or however you spell it) gonna stick around ? After filming stops and the show gets cancelled, they surely will bolt at the first opportunity IMO.

So now we only get to see Billy and Ami in their trailer sizing up the boys prospective breeders ? That's it ? Is that all the two worthless bums are there for now ? Ami looked sweet in her 1920's flapper outfit. Did they just come from one of those places where you dress up in old times clothes for a photo shoot ?

400+ acres and they are having boundary disputes ? Uh huh... 

If that putrid mess Gabe put on his hair was any more disgusting... Glad we couldn't  smell that through the TV. And then to have his brother (the 6 year old mental case) put it in and scrub it around, he couldn't just do it himself ? And is that what the rest of the family uses for shampoo ? Give me a break....

Back to the cougars, the whole premise of this weeks show was the dangers of the cougars, yet we never actually see one except for some night vision stock footage of a poor cougar looking for some food... There ain't any cougars, the tracks they found next to the ridicoulous teepees was most probably made by a 'cougar stamp' the camera crew brought along for a laugh... With a huge production crew at the site filming, I would think most wild animals would likely stay away. 

Next week's preview has Billy in a hospital bed with oxygen up his nose, what's he got ? An incurable case of gangrene that Noah and Rain (without an H) miraculously cure with pinecones and dog hair ? Can't wait...

This show has gone off the deep end, so many questions and so few answers....

MORE or less

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, realityobserver said:

So now we only get to see Billy and Ami in their trailer sizing up the boys prospective breeders ? That's it ? Is that all the two worthless bums are there for now ?

Yeah, this is Billy's dream, and as usual he's got his slave labor offspring to make it come true for him.  The kids are out building barns, clearing the road, building fences, building corrals, taking care of the animals, shooting buffalo, and pulling night watches for predators, while they sit in a trailer?

Speaking of which, I'm curious about the power supply out there.  I know Billy bought some solar panels, but they're still off the grid, right?  I'm just wondering because they seem to be using a lot of power.  Heat lamps on the chicks, the fan for that meat locker, and whatever is powering that animatronic Bear-crow that was probably originally some Halloween decoration.  Like you say, more questions than answers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I hate this show. But I can't stop watching. I think it is because I have to see if they can get more ridiculous than the previous episode. Somehow they do it! EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

I hate this show. But I can't stop watching. I think it is because I have to see if they can get more ridiculous than the previous episode. Somehow they do it! EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE!

I don't think I've ever seen a show that had so many people hate watching it.  

At least it's more back to normal now, I could not handle last season in California, where every new episode was 40 minutes of old clips of them in Alaska and five minutes of health updates on Ami.

A lot of focus on the kids romantic adventures now.  I'm curious to see if everyone will be successful in talking Gabe out of getting married.  And to see if one of the girls ever gets a date.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2019 at 7:19 PM, realityobserver said:

So now we only get to see Billy and Ami in their trailer sizing up the boys prospective breeders ? That's it ? Is that all the two worthless bums are there for now ? 

I'm thinking they must both be in poor physical condition, and maybe that's about all they can handle?

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, rmontro said:

And to see if one of the girls ever gets a date.

I am starting to believe that, in real life, Bird is already married. She has 3 kids, her husband is a tweaker, they argue every day about who is employed or not, and he leaves the house every night at 6 to spend time with the boys and his girlfriend down at the 'Dew Drop Inn'.

As for Rain, that's anyone's guess...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, realityobserver said:

As for Rain, that's anyone's guess...

She's probably been married since she was 12....  maybe to Kenny from the dump.  Billy probably traded her for a set of tires.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Last week's show:    bear is wearing some pants with the knees torn out.  stylish, I think.    Bush, I think not.

did someone say they read a lot of surgery books?   ...   ...   really?

on another website, it was mentioned that the scrub brush around the buffalo had changed when they were lifting it with the tractor.   thick where shot, thin where lifted.   interesting.   🙂

On 3/6/2019 at 12:51 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

She & Rain were talking last season, Rain was telling her it wasn't gonna be like she always thought it would be when she got married. Bird always wanted it to be a big happy family sharing everything, when Rain told her she would live in her own house with her own husband Bird didn't seem too keen on that idea.

That was actually a touching scene.   It seemed personal and real.

Edited by clod
  • Love 3
On 3/18/2019 at 9:49 PM, rmontro said:

Yeah, this is Billy's dream, and as usual he's got his slave labor offspring to make it come true for him.  The kids are out building barns, clearing the road, building fences, building corrals, taking care of the animals, shooting buffalo, and pulling night watches for predators, while they sit in a trailer?

Speaking of which, I'm curious about the power supply out there.  I know Billy bought some solar panels, but they're still off the grid, right?  I'm just wondering because they seem to be using a lot of power.  Heat lamps on the chicks, the fan for that meat locker, and whatever is powering that animatronic Bear-crow that was probably originally some Halloween decoration.  Like you say, more questions than answers.

I have the same questions - I "hate watch" this with my son and we both ask the same thing.  Billy Brown has said (and seems proud) that they have spent 40 Christmases in 40 different homes.  If this is true:  why the hell are you STILL building a home?  Why are you sitting in a trailer while your kids do all the work?  I get family, blah blah blah......but they are now grown - do they get families and lives of their own?  Or are they recruits for your dream of living off the grid?  I looked up his net worth and it was in the double digit millions.  If this is true, go buy a one level townhome for you and your wife - YOU ARE NOT A YOUNG MAN ANYMORE.  You need access to health care more frequently and perhaps am hour drive down a mountain to get there is not the best idea.  

Not to sound shallow but does Ami wear those ass ugly hats to secure a wig?  I am not mocking the wig, of course, but those hats and John Lennon glasses do her NO favors.

Gabe, Gabe, Gabe:  "I was only being nice to the kid with no friends....now he proposed!!"

I know he comes off as prickly but I kinda like Bam, only because he knows he is about done with this group of fools.  I think the older one just wanted to get away from everyone, drinking issue or not.  

Bird and her "Birdhouse:"  What will she do up there?  Do they work?  Is she gonna have her brothers build a house in a tree, settle in and then what?  Does she go to a job?  Or will she seek  out another home to "live off the grid"?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, clod said:

did someone say they read a lot of surgery books?   ...   ...   really?

Probably part of Ami's high school curriculum.

Most sites I've seen list Billy's net worth at $500,000.  This site lists the family's net worth at $60 million, but that sounds way too high for me, and besides that their math doesn't add up.

https://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2017/10/alaskan-bush-people-net-worth-how-rich-is-the-brown-family-002061929.html

So next week is the season finale already, only six episodes this season?  I should have known it was coming to a close when winter was coming, because they NEVER show the family in the wintertime.  Probably because they're basking in the tropics.

That said, who the heck STARTS building a house at the beginning of winter?  Then there are all these wacky living plans for the kids.  No-uh wants to build a castle, Bear wants to live in a castle made out of storage containers welded together, and Bird wants to live in a giant birdhouse.  Is she going to stand on the roof and give her peacock call to announce the start of every hour?  Because this sounds coo-coo.

They said Billy had pneumonia, with possibly something worse going on.  My first thought was congestive heart failure.  Actually, my first thought that he had to fake a health crisis to have an excuse to be off of the mountain for the winter, and possibly to throw Gabe's wedding plans into disarray.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, rmontro said:

They said Billy had pneumonia, with possibly something worse going on

This came from Bear...  At least when the scarecrow lady was sick, they had a paid extra, dressed up in a white smock, to try and convince us she was really sick.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, rmontro said:

They said Billy had pneumonia, with possibly something worse going on.  My first thought was congestive heart failure.  Actually, my first thought that he had to fake a health crisis to have an excuse to be off of the mountain for the winter, and possibly to throw Gabe's wedding plans into disarray.

It was first reported (when he was in the hospital) that is was a respiratory infection or bronchitis.   

Edited by iluvobx

On 3/25/2019 at 4:11 PM, rmontro said:

... they NEVER show the family in the wintertime.

interesting.   🙂

On 3/25/2019 at 4:11 PM, rmontro said:

That said, who the heck STARTS building a house at the beginning of winter?  Then there are all these wacky living plans for the kids.  No-uh wants to build a castle, Bear wants to live in a castle made out of storage containers welded together, and Bird wants to live in a giant birdhouse.  Is she going to stand on the roof and give her peacock call to announce the start of every hour? 

I did get a chuckle when I saw the snow on the ground while they were hurry-building a place to live.   seemed vaguely familiar.   🙂

stacked up storage containers on a hillside.   sounds like a bad idea.

They have a place to live, suitable for bush living.  the barn!   do a little work on the barn  and it would be suitable.   Or they could all live in the 16-foot camper.

so,..........  this year the tv family had enough time to build a cabin or three.   to live in.    but they did not.    time to stop pretending.

my prediction for the next show:   The treehouse magically has a room finished enough for someone to spend the night in it.

and they all agree to move on, abandoning the hill-mountain. 

my guess is,.........

Spoiler

onward to Montana!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, clod said:

They have a place to live, suitable for bush living.  the barn!   do a little work on the barn  and it would be suitable.   Or they could all live in the 16-foot camper.

Or they could all just go on vacation in the Bahamas.

I suppose the pretend reason nobody got cabins built was because they were all working on projects for the family - the barn, the corral, the meat locker, fixing the roads.

I can buy that most of them got nothing done on their houses, but Bam has done almost nothing but work on his own land.  And yet he's barely got anything done either.  Sounds fishy.

I was thinking that their diet of living on canned meat is probably not the most healthy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

On the next show, I would like to be surprised.   I would like to hear that they will be living in town for the winter, and finishing their cabins next summer.   And they plan on making money by getting jobs.

But that's not likely.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, rmontro said:

Or they could all just go on vacation in the Bahamas.

Bahamas, Europe, West coast beach house, etc etc...

I mean, obviously, the absolute last place they are staying is on top of that crappy mountain in their crappy little teepees, tree houses, or shanties... Even the trailer is unsuitable, how are they going to get into town over the 4 foot snow covered roads that are sure to hit starting in late October through April ?

Just another huge hole in a story full of holes....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, clod said:

On the next show, I would like to be surprised.   I would like to hear that they will be living in town for the winter, and finishing their cabins next summer.   And they plan on making money by getting jobs.

Let's face it, the TV show is their job.  But it would be nice to hear or see that they were living in town for the winter, just because the mountain isn't ready yet.  Even No-uh said he couldn't keep his wife and baby in a M*A*S*H tent all winter.  The (relative) honesty would be refreshing.

The show used to be about the kids getting one off jobs hauling something for a pound of salmon or something, and the bumbling escapades that ensued as they screwed it all up.  But I guess you mean a real job.

1 hour ago, realityobserver said:

I mean, obviously, the absolute last place they are staying is on top of that crappy mountain in their crappy little teepees, tree houses, or shanties... Even the trailer is unsuitable, how are they going to get into town over the 4 foot snow covered roads that are sure to hit starting in late October through April ?

Yeah, how are they going to get to the store to buy the real food that they eat?  You can't convince me that they're going to be eating buffalo all winter.  And why do they eat canned meat when they have their own alleged fresh beef supply of longhorns?  They haven't shown them growing any vegetables.

If it's true that land actually belongs to Billy, I don't think he quite thought it out.  Maybe he intends to flip it.  Real estate's a good way to build wealth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, rmontro said:

And why do they eat canned meat when they have their own alleged fresh beef supply of longhorns?  They haven't shown them growing any vegetables.

The cameras don't show the pile of Pizza Hut™ boxes, the garbage bags full of McDonalds™ wrappers, the empty tins of Beluga™ caviar, the drained bottles of Dom Perignon™ or the scattered remains of Omaha Steak™ boxes.  And they certainly don't beg the film crew for handouts, it is probably the other way around, "Film me in a nice perspective, and I will share this rack of ribs from Texas Steakhouse™ with you".

Bunch of baloney from a bunch of baloney experts. 

And I am sooooo excited to watch the next thrilling episode !!!  🤪

• Love 4

Did you notice that we never actually saw the buffalo meat back on the mountain?  All they showed us were some boxes. 

They probably just "borrowed" a buffalo someone else shot at one of those pay to hunt places, filmed with it, and went on their way.  Billy probably traded an autograph for the privilege.  Or more likely, he had his kids give them autographs.  Too much work to sign one himself.

• LOL 3

I didn't know RailingKill was still doing those recaps, that was good for some laughs.  He even made the same "Bird cuckoo clock" joke I made in an earlier post.

Apparently last night's episode was only the mid season finale, not the season finale.  That sounds more like it for six episodes.

From the previews, it looks like the rest of the season is going to be showing the Browns on the mountain in the winter, so I guess I put my foot in my mouth on that one.  But they've never shown them in winter before, maybe because winters are harsher in Alaska.

It looks like they are actually going to go ahead with Bear's storage container castle.  Yikes.

I was a little disappointed in No-uh's castle design-uh.  Looks just like a plain small house with crenellations.

1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

Congrats to Reality Observer for hooking up with Railing Kill. You guys can make a great team.

Oh, I didn't catch that.  Looks like Reality Observer is doing the recaps on RailingKill's site now.  Or maybe they're co-writing it, or one does the text while the other supplies the captioned pictures?  Either way, funny stuff.

9 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Either way, funny stuff.

Thanks much my friend

1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

You guys can make a great team.

Thanks... we try...

BTW, had my other website and the negativity generated by my non-ABP posts caused me to rethink the whole thing. Got rid of the website and called on RK to offer my help, glad to be on board. I noticed he was falling behind a bit, thought I could help out.

Again, thanks for the great comments all along, get lots of funny stuff and ideas from you all out there... 😎

• Love 6
(edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 3:57 PM, DoctorK said:

Well, it is possible to do something like this if you know what you are doing (which leaves the Brown clowns out).

Yeah, exactly.  I doubt that Bear's castle will look anything like your example.  Actually, shipping containers are a common off the grid building material.  Bear was talking about welding one on its end to make a tower.  I just want to see how this is all going to turn out, and how he's going to insulate it.  Bear's treehouse wasn't that bad really, although I seem to recall it being full of bugs lol.

Good thing Matt isn't there building a house.  Spares us the site of him frozen inside his see through plastic wrap house.

Edited by rmontro
  • LOL 2

Sorry if this was mentioned before and I missed it, but shouldn’t Gabe be done with the braces already?

I actually feel sorry for the kids that they are so emotionally dependent upon their parents.   Besides the odd way they all choose to speak, except for Bam, I almost feel guilty about attempting to snark on them.

Almost.

• Love 1

What or who is gonna live in Bird's house....a family of actual birds? I mean you'd have to go outside to change your mind....that thing was tiny. I've heard of the tiny house movement but dang, to use Bears term, that's "eshtreme" 

Hahaha on the change your mind comment.  And yes it is tiny but at least she is not pretending she is going to hook up her "tiny home" to a truck and hit the road.  I have owned many campers and watch the tiny home nation show..…….none of those homes make any sense on the road.  For what they pay they could get a totally tricked out camper with more space and easier to pull than most of the "tiny" homes on that show.

Back on topic.  Is anyone else missing Matt?  I don't miss the saran wrap homes/shelters he built but he was my first favorite of the group.  I hope whatever he is dealing with he makes out ok and comes back.  

• Love 4
On 3/31/2019 at 12:59 AM, rmontro said:

If it's true that land actually belongs to Billy, I don't think he quite thought it out.  Maybe he intends to flip it.  Real estate's a good way to build wealth.

Real estate is a good investment when you make improvements. I picture Brown mountain looking more like a garbage dump by the time their done. Poorly cut trees, shipping containers, cinder block "castles"and giant "birdhouses", Noah's experiment junk-pile.Who would want to clean up someone else's crap. I'd like to see the condition of Browntown after they abandoned it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Eataton said:

Real estate is a good investment when you make improvements. I picture Brown mountain looking more like a garbage dump by the time their done. Poorly cut trees, shipping containers, cinder block "castles"and giant "birdhouses", Noah's experiment junk-pile.Who would want to clean up someone else's crap. I'd like to see the condition of Browntown after they abandoned it.

It looked like a secondary town dump.  I belong to a Facebook page that includes residents of the area, and they said that a lot of the gifts that people sent these "poor, hard-working, Christian folks" were left behind and sold at auction.  There were no reports of Walmart gift cards being left behind, though.

• Love 4
On 4/5/2019 at 5:11 PM, gaPeach said:

Back on topic.  Is anyone else missing Matt?  I don't miss the saran wrap homes/shelters he built but he was my first favorite of the group.  I hope whatever he is dealing with he makes out ok and comes back.  

I can't even remember how many times it's been now that Matt has left to take care of his problems.  I want to say it's the third.  At least he's working on it.  It took me three tries to quit smoking.  Sometimes if you keep working at it, eventually it will work.  I have a friend who suffered his whole life with addiction problems, and I gave up on him ever straightening himself out.  But now he's actually been clean for years.  So I do hope Matt gets straightened out, I miss his goofy laugh.

20 hours ago, Eataton said:

Can you imagine archeologists from a thousand years from now excavating No-uh's experimental tent and the stuff they'd find?  And the conclusions they would draw from it?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2019 at 3:50 PM, realityobserver said:

Another Railing Kill classic recap...'Winter is Here"

https://railingkill.com/alaskan-bush-people-episode-recap/s09-e05-winter-is-here/

Nice pull with My Mother the Car.  I spent decades remembering that TV show, I never thought I would see it again until it popped up one day on one of those retro channels.  I have to say it seemed better when I was five.

Regarding the acreage/square mile problem, the land could be two miles long if it's a rectangle.  Although you're probably right, they likely only moved the trailer about 50 yards.

40 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Although you're probably right, they likely only moved the trailer about 50 yards.

Probably easier to move the barn 50 yards, the way the they portrayed it... 

41 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Nice pull with My Mother the Car.

One of the top 10 worst sitcoms ever... I figured if anyone was still watching that show, it was Billy and Ami... I watched it oh so long ago and thought it was pretty ridiculous...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, realityobserver said:

One of the top 10 worst sitcoms ever... I figured if anyone was still watching that show, it was Billy and Ami... I watched it oh so long ago and thought it was pretty ridiculous...

Well, the '60s were full of sitcoms with wacky premises:  The Munsters, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Mr. Ed, Gilligan's Island, The Beverly Hillbillies, My Favorite Martian, The Flying Nun, etc.  It was probably the writing that made My Mother the Car so bad. 

The basic idea of a sentient car was done better in Disney's The Love Bug.  It wouldn't surprise me if My Mother the Car had some influence over that movie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2