Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/9/2018 at 10:16 PM, clod said:

snap!    the poles are up and concrete magically appeared.    gotta get me some of that magic concrete.

if that belly gets showed *one more time*,.......... I will suspect some "personal problem".  !

Speaking of belly look at this hilarious article.

Was there a new show on Sunday?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Speaking of belly look at this hilarious article.

Was there a new show on Sunday?

There was.  More of the shit show except for no Ami in this one.  Did anyone else notice the different vehicle?  Supposedly the only vehicle they had broken down on the mountain road and a "neighbor" towed it up and then when the timber arrived, they used what looked like an old Explorer.  Nice how they had another piece of equipment besides the dozer.  Wonder where that came from.  So sick of the shit that they are slinging and DC for filming it.

Did anyone else notice they are "losing" their accent?  Guess with the excuse they gave Sun night, they will drop their stupid ass fake accents.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Bigguns18 said:

Bunch of hillbillies

They aren't even real hillbillies, they are urban grifters. It is really sad that Discovery Channel still keeps putting this BS on the air, they have to know that it is all BS.

• Love 4

When it's said that the barn post have to go down three feet, that normally means three feet down in undisturbed mineral soil.   top soil with roots likely would count, you'd have to go three feet below that.

Notice that they didn't show us how well the breaker worked in the roots?  That's because it didn't, the breaker steel will easily push aside the roots and bury itself in the soil, and not hurt the roots at all.   It would be like drilling a hole in wood by driving a bunch of nails.  Nothing would get accomplished.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Xena said:

Ami calling Noah 'buff'... I do not think that word means what you think it means.

She must have meant BUFFOON.

6 minutes ago, Rock knocker said:

When it's said that the barn post have to go down three feet, that normally means three feet down in undisturbed mineral soil.   top soil with roots likely would count, you'd have to go three feet below that.

Notice that they didn't show us how well the breaker worked in the roots?  That's because it didn't, the breaker steel will easily push aside the roots and bury itself in the soil, and not hurt the roots at all.   It would be like drilling a hole in wood by driving a bunch of nails.  Nothing would get accomplished.

I was expecting the jackhammer to get stuck. I might have to see it again cause I don't think a regular jackhammer chisel would work on roots or wood.

• Love 5

I was also expecting the jackhammer to get stuck.  Then I thought the idiots would resort to using dynamite.  But my guess is that with that incident with Matt awhile back, no insurance company would probably let them use anything more powerful than a sparkler from now on. 

And I thought that since it was vital the barn had to get built (winter is just around the corner, y'know!), that it would pretty much be all hands on deck.  But nooooo, apparently we have to have Billy teach Gabe how to drive.  And that supposedly Gabe didn't know the difference between the brake and accelerator until then.  Really?  He's never seen anyone else drive before?  And he's how old?  Btw, he's really looking kinda rough lately.   Looks like he has been putting on the pounds.  Guess they are in Domino's delivery hot spot zones.

Those accents are also wearing on me.  Gabe is getting worse at it.  Sometimes I can barely understand him.  I think Bam and Rain are about the only ones who can talk halfway normal.  And Bam Bam doesn't look like he really wants to be there at all.

I like to also know where they got the cement and the milled lumber.  Billy supposedly "closed a deal" to get them?  With what?  Leftover salmon?   And it still boggles my mind that while the kids are living in tee pee's, they are concentrating all their efforts on building that silly barn.  <smh>

• Love 5
7 hours ago, brgjoe said:

I like to also know where they got the cement and the milled lumber.  Billy supposedly "closed a deal" to get them?  With what?  Leftover salmon?   And it still boggles my mind that while the kids are living in tee pee's, they are concentrating all their efforts on building that silly barn.  <smh>

Well, think about it this way.  Barns are where you keep valuable livestock . . . like a couple of young cows and a bunch of bull(s).  Maybe they're building it for the kids to sleep in over the winter months?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bigguns18 said:

This show is a f ing joke. Bunch of hillbillies trying to get rich. Nothing authentic, can’t even cut a tree down the correct way.  #Alaskanbullshitpeople

I wonder how many times the brothers take advantage of their sisters? Def some shady shit going on there

Why would you want to insult hillbillies like that?  

11 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Well, think about it this way.  Barns are where you keep valuable livestock . . . like a couple of young cows and a bunch of bull(s).  Maybe they're building it for the kids to sleep in over the winter months?

ROFLMAO, we need a "laughing" emoji.

• Love 2

Oh, jeez louise. I simply can't watch this crap anymore. 'Haven't seen a single new episode, have no need to and increasingly simply don't care. I know-that's sounding negative but, seriously. How much BS can one absorb?

I follow you good folks and the updates and all that but actually waste my time on this swill?

Yeah...no.

• Love 4
On 9/12/2018 at 9:44 AM, AZChristian said:

??????? VALUABLE?????

Anyone besides me notice that Bam's hair has a lot of grey in it at times ; then at others I do not notice the grey.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, little hermit said:

??????? VALUABLE?????

Anyone besides me notice that Bam's hair has a lot of grey in it at times ; then at others I do not notice the grey.

Notice just how much grey Matt has?  Same with him, almost all grey, then back to brown, then a mix of brown & grey.  Guess we can figure out which is new footage and what is old footage cut in to look like new.

This used to be a good shits & giggles show and now it is an insult to all the other shit shows on TV.  

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 9:01 AM, iluvobx said:

Notice just how much grey Matt has?  Same with him, almost all grey, then back to brown, then a mix of brown & grey.  Guess we can figure out which is new footage and what is old footage cut in to look like new.

This used to be a good shits & giggles show and now it is an insult to all the other shit shows on TV.  

Either that or they've discovered  Just for Men.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, little hermit said:

Either that or they've discovered  Just for Men.

Back in the 80's while in the Army my unit deployed to Central America. When we left my First Sergeant had a head of black hair - after a month all gray.... then back to black when his wife sent down done Grecian Formula.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 2

Another great review, R.O.  Had me laughing throughout the review.

Matt and the smoker/bbq thing was so silly.  First as he was working out in the woods, he hears noises.  And what does the idiot do?  He starts making noises himself because....reasons?  Was he trying to communicate with that bear or something?  How did he even know it was a bear?  And that poor bear probably wanted to get as far as way from that group of idiots anyway.  Probably mumbling they were dropping property values for all the other wildlife in the area. 

Bug zapper top hat?  Less said about that, the better.

I also would like to know where that stupid bee stuff came from.  They never had anything such as that on any of the other ABP episodes.  Nobody has mentioned they took care of bees in the past.  And all of a sudden, "*poof* Bam has a bee farm.  Okaaaaay.

I laugh too at the "bush fixes" of hooking up all those batteries to run a welder and a smoker and gawd knows what else -- when they also show them with new power tools and apparently the electricity/gas to run them.

Which brings me to something else.  At least on those other Alaskan shows with people living off the grid, they still mention the need to make money.  Some folks trap and some hunt and some mill lumber and such.  On this show, is it really even discussed?  I mean, the gas to run their tools/heavy machinery/vehicles has to come from somewhere.  Not to mention medical bills.  And my guess is the salmon bank account is running pretty low these days.  So what are we to believe they do to make $$?  Other than being on a stupid reality show such at this, that is.

Probably will be away and won't see it this upcoming week.  So I will rely on you all to watch it so I won't have to.  :)

• Love 3

Ok. I'm new to this show and have one question.  This is not really a reality show is it?  These people are a bunch of morons..frauds..or both.  And why do they talk like their jaws are wired shut?? 

Discovery should be embarrassed for putting this bizarre show on TV.

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Swiss said:

Ok. I'm new to this show and have one question.  This is not really a reality show is it?  These people are a bunch of morons..frauds..or both.  And why do they talk like their jaws are wired shut?? 

That's not just a "No."  That's a "Hell No!"

What's bizarre is that there are thousands of people who DO believe the lies that TLC and the Browns are trying to foist onto those who watch.  There are Facebook pages where people go on and on about the wonderful family values they see displayed on ABP.  They've even had to deal with a couple of deranged stalkers who have fallen deeply and soulfully in love with some of the kids.

We are doomed as a society if even ONE person believes this stuff.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Swiss said:

Yeah, well, ....  This show was introduced as a tell all account of one family's experience in the wilds of Alaska. We tuned in to get the 'real feel' of what that must have been like. After about three episodes they apparently ran out of the original idea, and started this repetitious replay, from week to week, of a family about to succumb to the dangers of living in the wilds of Alaska (and then Colorado and now Washington State). Except of course with a 20 person production crew standing by, and help just an iPhone call away, the 'dangers' were pretty much eliminated. 

So now we are left with a show that beats the others in ratings, meaning a LOT of people watch it (including people like me), without a focus on the prior plot line, or it seems any control what they (and I mean the production staff and the actors) are allowed to do. If they want to start a squirrel ranch or have a season dedicated to the horrors of cancer, so be it, people will still tune in. I do, and then write about it on my web site. Others vent their rage here or on Facebook. As AZChristian said, there are many, many people out there that truly believe what they are seeing is real. 

Did they at once live in the wilds of Alaska as bush people ? Did they encounter the various issues that we have seen on the show ? Most probably... Add in the corporate suits to make a profit, the advertising suits to make a profit, the enormous and ever growing egos of a family who were at once unknowns and are now stars in their own right, and that is a recipe for the unmitigated crap on our TVs every week.

As far as their speech patterns, well, that is a great mystery, never it seems to be solved...

Enjoy the show...

• Love 2

These "kids" are clearly terrified of Billy and Ami, which then begs the question...  what punishment techniques have Billy and Ami levied against the younger flock over the years to ensure such subservience? 

Incestual, substance, psychological and physical methods of abuse are obvious to me.  I'd just love to know the sick details.  Maybe one will escape someday to pen a tell-all book.

Can't believe CPS hasn't removed the minor yet.  The others may have flown under the radar before they became famous, but now their twisted regime is exposed to the world.

3 hours ago, Dr. Acula said:

Incestual, substance, psychological and physical methods of abuse are obvious to me.  I'd just love to know the sick details.  Maybe one will escape someday to pen a tell-all book.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but what are the obvious signs that  point to these abuses?  I find this family thoroughly sickening.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, slasherboy said:

but what are the obvious signs that  point to these abuses?  I

I can suggest a couple:

1. Stunted emotiuonal development

2. Lack of dental care

3. Lack of even elementary school level education

I am sure closer watchers can add to this list.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 2

Whenever Billy or Ami spew their 3rd grade wisdom, the "kids" hang on every word, with that dopey look of adoration on their faces, as if they're being addressed directly by Jesus. 

That's textbook fear and ignorance, resulting from a lifetime of enforced control and isolation.

It's easy to make fun of the "kids"...  I do, it's hilarious, please don't stop...  but the reality is that it's not their fault they were born into a dangerous, soul-sucking cult.

Edited by Dr. Acula
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I can suggest a couple:

1. Stunted emotiuonal development

2. Lack of dental care

3. Lack of even elementary school level education

I am sure closer watchers can add to this list.

Watch Gabe when he speaks.  He looks towards Billy like he's hoping for a pat on the head and a "Good Boy!" . . . or at least he's hoping he won't get smacked upside the head.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I am embarrassed for some of the things Bird does, rolling around in dirt, burying herself, smearing mud all over herself....and she's a 20 year old young woman.

Not to mention such a waste of a perfectly good rack.

• Love 1

That whole dam building scene was just so ridiculous.   These people have the mentality of five year olds.  I need to look up the email address for Discovery and suggest they cancel this farce of a show!!

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 1
On 9/19/2018 at 12:28 PM, realityobserver said:

After about three episodes they apparently ran out of the original idea, and started this repetitious replay, from week to week, of a family about to succumb to the dangers of living in the wilds of Alaska

Yeah, like the dangers imposed by law enforcement for illegally collecting distribution checks...

On 9/19/2018 at 12:28 PM, realityobserver said:

As far as their speech patterns, well, that is a great mystery, never it seems to be solved...

My guess is they are related to their lack of formal education.

• Love 1

MrsRoo loves this show and while I can normally tune out other shows she likes and I don't by reading or listening to audible, I find that I can't even stand to be in the same room as these people on my teevee.  We've agreed that I must limit my negative statements/questions to 6 per show but I never make it past the first 15 minutes.  

• Love 1

What's the deal with Poppa Brown giving so much of the "foreman" responsibility to Bird, is he just trying to cause conflict. I mean I could see trouble from a mile away with Bam, he's not taking orders from anybody much less a female. I may be missing something here, but why cant the girls go with mom to the dr, & he stay to help raise the barn. It's a wonder those nincampoops don't get killed ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

What's the deal with Poppa Brown giving so much of the "foreman" responsibility to Bird, is he just trying to cause conflict. I mean I could see trouble from a mile away with Bam, he's not taking orders from anybody much less a female. I may be missing something here, but why cant the girls go with mom to the dr, & he stay to help raise the barn. It's a wonder those nincampoops don't get killed ?

if Gabe is 28 and just learning how to drive, perhaps we can assume that the two girls don't drive. Except there were pictures two years ago of Bam taking the older girl to the drivers license bureau in Alaska.

• Love 2

So...next week is the "Season Finale?"  Wait, they've had like maybe 6-7 episodes so far, right?  And a lot of them are glorified clip shows.  Maybe they are finally running out of ideas for this silly group of imbeciles to do.

I mean...Noah-Divinci now knows Tai-Chi?  Really?  Just where did he learn that one while out in the bush?  And then we have good ol' Billy lamenting he can't be with them for that barn build.  Since when has he been there in the first place?  And it seems whenever work is to be done, he is nowhere to be found.  Speaking of the barn build, why isn't Noah there helping?  Seems to be it would be a better use of his time than collecting parts of animals.  (ewwwww....)

What do you want to bet that next week, the barn will magically be completed.  And then stocked full with animals that came from....somewhere.  And Matt's leg will be 100% healed too.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, brgjoe said:

So...next week is the "Season Finale?"  Wait, they've had like maybe 6-7 episodes so far, right?  And a lot of them are glorified clip shows.  Maybe they are finally running out of ideas for this silly group of imbeciles to do.

I mean...Noah-Divinci now knows Tai-Chi?  Really?  Just where did he learn that one while out in the bush?  And then we have good ol' Billy lamenting he can't be with them for that barn build.  Since when has he been there in the first place?  And it seems whenever work is to be done, he is nowhere to be found.  Speaking of the barn build, why isn't Noah there helping?  Seems to be it would be a better use of his time than collecting parts of animals.  (ewwwww....)

What do you want to bet that next week, the barn will magically be completed.  And then stocked full with animals that came from....somewhere.  And Matt's leg will be 100% healed too.

Matt's leg will be helped by some "homemade-medicine". The previews of next week show some raging flames. Meth lab?

When Noah let his hair down & was posing, I wanted to tell him he looked like a rock star. Janis Joplin!

• Love 2

Noah needs his own show...  or even better, just have a camera crew live-stream his every move.  I could watch that weapons-grade neckbeard on a 24 hour loop. 

He's irreparably, and profoundly, broken...  and that makes him TV gold-ahhh.

• Love 1

My take is, the Browns are obviously an unconventional family, and the children were obviously raised in an unconventional way. Billy has been trying to capitalize on (aka exploit) that forever and finally hit paydirt with this show. I think there was a bit of truth in the initial introduction to the family, which has since been exaggerated (or completely made up) to the point where 99% of what is presented to us is bullshyte. Since I am well aware of this, I can sit back and enjoy the show as guilty pleasure entertainment and not get too worked up at the thought of it all being nonsense. Nearly all "reality" shows are nonsense.

I think they do love each other as family, and I'm certainly not going to throw around or give weight to accusations of incest or abuse without proof. Would I be shocked to find out that something along such lines has occurred? In all honesty, no, but until I'm presented with evidence, I will leave that type of speculation to others.

As for Ami's health - I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But again, if presented with evidence that it was all lies, I will be appropriately (in fact probably disproportionately) outraged. 

The thing that bugs me the most about the show? How freaking loud the music is during the melodramatic voiceovers - so loud that I sometimes have a hard time even hearing the overwraught narration. Please Disco, take the music down a notch or three!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Dr. Acula said:

Noah needs his own show...  or even better, just have a camera crew live-stream his every move.  I could watch that weapons-grade neckbeard on a 24 hour loop. 

He's irreparably, and profoundly, broken...  and that makes him TV gold-ahhh.

I don't know about a whole show. Small doses of him is enough for me for a laugh.  To me he gives off the vibe of a much stupider unibomber, or maybe Ed Gein with all the animal parts he collects. He may be famous one day but it won't be for some dopey invention. jk.

• Love 3

How'd you like to be Noah's wife's parents?  Their dumb-dumb daughter hitched the family wagon to a cult of professional victims.  

Thanksgiving and Christmas will never be the same. 

• Billy shows up wasted, and only turns up from there...  following daddy-in-law around begging for a "loan".
  • Opioid Ami wimpering, and tugging at mommy-in-law's heart strings with fake tales of hardship. 
  • Noah the neckbeard pitching whatever pyramid scheme, or get-rich-quick boondoggle, he's into that year.
  • Snowbird feeding squirrels and racoons in the kitchen, while lecturing the in-laws about the benefits of a holistic diet.
  • Bam Bam starting arguments with extended family over politics and religion...  and really digging in.
  • Bear spends dinner under the table gnawing on turkey bones, and the rest of the day on the roof throwing up blood.
  • Gabe making everyone uncomfortable with cringeworthy celebrity impressions, and leering at his new female "cousins".
  • Matt spends half the day in the bathroom hitting the meth pipe, and the other half "fixing" grandma's car that ain't broke.
  • Rain-iac neither makes eye contact with, nor speaks to anyone while staring at her iphone on social media all day. 

Awful.  Check please...

Edited by Dr. Acula
  • Love 11

Wow! Just caught up on this 'season' and now the next episode is the finale. I remember when Discovery had some decent programming on their channel and this is what it has become. It is just mind numbing how crazy these people are.  Crazy like a fox. They are probably raking in a good amount of dough but still.

I just wish the damn bears would team up and eat the whole family. I am always rooting for the bears but they never win. :(

• Love 4
On 9/19/2018 at 1:40 AM, Swiss said:

Just sit a spell and laugh with the rest of us.  Our numbers having been dwindling these past 17 seasons.  And no, we don't know if they know how to count.  We are die hard find-faulters.

On 9/26/2018 at 12:39 PM, Dr. Acula said:

Matt spends half the day in the bathroom hitting the meth pipe, and the other half "fixing" grandma's car that ain't broke.

Dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they think they could outrun a fire?  Why walk towards it?  I think I clicked away when Billy was going to say that Ami got a clean bill of health.  Is that what happened?

I did enjoy the crew's side of things.  I could tell they really wanted to be frank but pulled back.  Yep those Browns are craaaazy.

• Love 1