Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I forgot this was on.  Mr. Sage called me in when Gabe and Matt went to the dump.  Mr. Sage said, "He had to schedule a drug run, let's see how many drugs runs this season".

Rainbow and her "chopping" the tree.  OMG!  A toddler could have done a better job.

Matt makes a machine with crap so he can run a welder.?????????????????????????????????????????

Bam being pissed, yes I get it, he really wants to NOT be there.

• Love 2

build a barn before a house?????     this sets up the annual "winter is almost here!"  crisis.

bouncing on a felled tree with a chainsaw.    good times.

"vocal fry" is back!

1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I forgot this was on.  Mr. Sage called me in when Gabe and Matt went to the dump. 

Bam being pissed, yes I get it, he really wants to NOT be there.

they are already collecting junkyard junk.

I noticed Bam did not participate in the group howl at the campfire.

Edited by clod
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, clod said:

build a barn before a house?????     this sets up the annual "winter is almost here!"  crisis.

bouncing on a felled tree with a chainsaw.    good times.

"vocal fry" is back!

I noticed Bam did not participate in the group howl at the campfire.

they are already collecting junkyard junk.

Brilliant Matt, taking a useful hammer & shovel and MAKING a piece of junk instead of testing it on scrap. Also I have a feeling the "log feeder" won't work too well. What's to stop the flame from continuing up the ramp. If only even 1 log burns it wont be perfectly rounded to keep rolling. haha. They spend more time playing than doing something useful.

• Love 4
On 8/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, iwasish said:

Something about Ami this episode that tells me she’s as big a scammer as her hubby is. She may actually be the  brains behind the family. I’m betting she can be a real bitch when things don’t go her way. 

Did Gabe have a mouthful of braces?

How did the cat die?

Did that daughter actually ask for a FORK to brush the dog?

I had to rewind to make sure we heard correctly but the cat was run over!  Seriously, such a shit show that I can't believe I waste a second of my time on it.  I dvr the shows and then spend most of my time fast forwarding through the shit show.

I think Ami is the brains behind it all.  She has always managed to make sure she had a comfortable place to stay and not do anything.  She does look like she has a mean streak about her.  

I hate her fake ass tears about all her babies not being there.  For Pete's sake, Matt's hair is GREY.  Your "babies" should be living a life away from you and your scams.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Eataton said:

Brilliant Matt, taking a useful hammer & shovel and MAKING a piece of junk instead of testing it on scrap. Also I have a feeling the "log feeder" won't work too well. What's to stop the flame from continuing up the ramp. If only even 1 log burns it wont be perfectly rounded to keep rolling. haha. They spend more time playing than doing something useful.

I know!

58 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

I had to rewind to make sure we heard correctly but the cat was run over!  Seriously, such a shit show that I can't believe I waste a second of my time on it.  I dvr the shows and then spend most of my time fast forwarding through the shit show.

I think Ami is the brains behind it all.  She has always managed to make sure she had a comfortable place to stay and not do anything.  She does look like she has a mean streak about her.  

I hate her fake ass tears about all her babies not being there.  For Pete's sake, Matt's hair is GREY.  Your "babies" should be living a life away from you and your scams.

So much truth!  That poor cat and the other cats who will miss him.  I just hope this was not true and a "story" for the show.  People get arrested for crap like that.

This is why we need multiple people watching the show.  We each have our own notes.  I refuse to sit with a steno book......................

• Love 2

Bear (what a freaking name) has got to be the biggest idiot ever, he acts like a 10 year old, running & jumping around, digging around like a wild animal. Then talking about "gurls" who in there right mind would ever have anything to do with him....smh.

• Love 6

I haven't seen the new episode yet, I have it recorded.  But I did see the "new" clip show they put on right before it.  I actually thought it was about half fairly interesting, for a clip show.  Mainly because about half of it focused on people other than the Browns - other supposed bush people living in the area around Hoonah.  Like the cantankerous junk dealer, and Kenny from the dump, another family who made a living fishing, a couple who lived in a yard full of buses and boats, etc.  There was actually quite a bit of footage I hadn't seen before.  

There was also some old stuff about the Browns, but I honestly don't ever want to see anything about their days in Alaska again.

• Love 1
On 8/22/2018 at 10:03 PM, rmontro said:

If Billy really did buy that land (as it appears he did), I have to think they are really going to live there at some point or other - even if it is in a modern house tucked away in a corner somewhere that we never see.  I can't believe that Billy would have bought that land just they could film there and save Discovery some money.

But I can absolutely believe that he bought it to flip it down the road and pocket the profit; Colorado is bot beautiful and a hot area to live in right now.

9 hours ago, Beden said:

But I can absolutely believe that he bought it to flip it down the road and pocket the profit; Colorado is bot beautiful and a hot area to live in right now.

The land Billy bought wasn't in Colorado, it's the stretch in Washington in the mountains that they're supposedly living on now.  Someone supposedly offered to "lend" them the land in Colorado, but they balked because the mineral rights weren't included (or so they said - who knows what the truth is with this bunch?).

I haven't seen that Billy has ever had any inclination to be a flipper before, or to have a nose for business for that matter.  Not sure why he would start now.  Besides, improving a property and flipping it for profit is a legitimate endeavor, again not something normally associated with Billy.

• Love 7

According to multiple reports, Billy paid over $450,000 in CASH for the Washington property.  I wonder if his "reputation" has spread to the point where people are saying, "You want to barter for this?  Okay, I'll barter $450,000 in cash for this piece of land.  That's my final offer."

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rmontro said:

haven't seen that Billy has ever had any inclination to be a flipper before, or to have a nose for business for that matter.  Not sure why he would start now.  Besides, improving a property and flipping it for profit is a legitimate endeavor, again not something normally associated with Billy.

The other thing is...BrownClowns idea if "improvements" is something like a barn made of an outhouse, some chicken wire, an old screen door and some diamond plate. Not exactly in demand for resale.. ;)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Billy paid over $450,000 in CASH

Interesting, I believe that the Feds get reports on large cash transactions like this and tend to look into them for money laundering or other illegal activity.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Interesting, I believe that the Feds get reports on large cash transactions like this and tend to look into them for money laundering or other illegal activity.

They should look at their tax returns to see how much income they claimed for the past couple of years.  Bartering doesn't pay much, but TLC does.  Wonder if they paid their taxes, or whether they just cashed all the checks and kept the money.  It'll be hard for them to defend themselves if they didn't pay their taxes because (as they say), "We live wild; we don't have any way to keep track of paperwork."  (That's why they couldn't prove they lived in Alaska all those years - when they DIDN'T - but they kept filing for the residents oil checks.)

Crooks is crooks.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

According to multiple reports, Billy paid over $450,000 in CASH for the Washington property. 

Guaranteed he made his kids put there money in on it from the show, thats how he rolls, he acts like his kids owe him something

anyone know what they make per season?

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

According to multiple reports, Billy paid over $450,000 in CASH for the Washington property.  I wonder if his "reputation" has spread to the point where people are saying, "You want to barter for this?  Okay, I'll barter $450,000 in cash for this piece of land.  That's my final offer."

I don't imagine his credit is the best.  Can you imagine depending on Billy to pay you some money that he owes you?  I wouldn't want in on that action.

12 hours ago, KHenry14 said:

The other thing is...BrownClowns idea if "improvements" is something like a barn made of an outhouse, some chicken wire, an old screen door and some diamond plate. Not exactly in demand for resale.. ;)

Or a home made saw mill that is a hazard, or a tree house with a car door on it.  Or a tent full of animal parts and electrified moss.

"Why are these trees wrapped in Saran Wrap?".

• Love 4
On 8/31/2018 at 3:39 PM, DoctorK said:
On 8/31/2018 at 10:26 AM, AZChristian said:

Billy paid over $450,000 in CASH

My information may be out of date but it['s my understanding that any transaction over around $10K is reportable to the Feds, so, yes, the gubment would likely have received some kind of confirmation, Plus, obviously, it's in the public record. They wouldn't be able to hide this.

17 minutes ago, Beden said:

My information may be out of date but it['s my understanding that any transaction over around $10K is reportable to the Feds, so, yes, the gubment would likely have received some kind of confirmation, Plus, obviously, it's in the public record. They wouldn't be able to hide this.

And - hopefully - if they haven't paid their fines and restitution for defrauding the State of Alaska, this will trigger a lien on their property in Washington.

I haven't watched this in forever so why are they no longer in Alaska? Was it just this past season? I'd be more than happy to go back to a particular thread to find out. I have always thought these folks were off. Way off. But  they are strangely intriguing. Such strange people.

Oh just saw realityobserver's link so will check that.

Edited by prican58
2 hours ago, prican58 said:

I haven't watched this in forever so why are they no longer in Alaska? Was it just this past season? I'd be more than happy to go back to a particular thread to find out. I have always thought these folks were off. Way off. But  they are strangely intriguing. Such strange people.

Realityobserver is awesome.  Pretty much they wore out their welcome in Alaska - everyone hated them.  The say Ami had stage 4 cancer and now miraculously she is cured so they were going to go to Colorado but not getting mineral rights made them mad so they bought land in Washington state................You are all caught up.

I vote that we have Bam be a voice over for the episodes since it looks like he might just kill them all to get the hell out of there.

Bird - Doesn't know the flora and fauna of the area.  Not a question, she stated that.  Little miss homeschooler doesn't know that you can use any public library without a card, you just can't check out.  She needs to wander over to the kids room (juvenile books) and go to the 900s and find Washington state.  Books are arranged starting in UK and then geographically around the world.  The U. S. starts 917 and then the states start in the east coast and go to the west coast Washington state should be 917.97.  Historical books would be 979.7.

Once she has a children's book on Washington she can very quickly find the natural resources, flora and fauna maps - Sheeeeeeeesh.

Here is a Dewey trick - geography books can be in 2 locations.  Geography and History.  Say you want to go to France and want a travel guide you would go to 914.4 and whatever cutter letter (usually author or editor/publisher.  Now you may want to get a history book on France so you don't miss any sites.  No need to run back to the computer you just remove the 1.  So 944 would be France history.  Works both ways.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, prican58 said:

Why are they no longer in Alaska?  That's a great question.  Officially, the reason was that Ami got cancer so they needed to move to be closer to better medical care for her.  That brings up the question:  Don't they have medical care in Alaska?  So that reason is a bit suspect.  

Before that happened, it was known that DIscovery was leasing the land that Browntown was on so they could film there.  But it was also known that the lease was about to expire, so people were wondering what was going to happen to Browntown.  Some figured they would just re-lease it, but then the Ami cancer story came out.

Jumper sage brought up the idea that everyone in Alaska hated them.  But they may have had a desire to "stick it to Alaska" for prosecuting them on the distributions thing by moving out too.

My own theory for the reason they moved out of Alaska is that the tax benefits the state had given to companies filming there was no longer in place, so they no longer had any incentive to stay.  Those tax benefits were the reason there were so many reality shows based in Alaska.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Beden said:

When a reality  deal is said to be cash, that doesn't mean wheelbarrows of Ben Franklins.  It means that the deal is not encumbered with financing and the inspections and appraisels that they require.    The only transactions that are reportable to the IRS are cash (like in cash) deals over $10,000.

• Love 5

but the water was over the road when they went to the right.   would you expect them to go to the left to reach that other town?    :)

it was gotta get some wild game,  or else.  (winter's almost here)

wild turkeys are skittish.  it's hard to stalk to within shotgun range.   most people sit and call the turkeys to them.

btw, that really dark mud sort of turned into a light brown mud.   somehow.

yes!    let's lobby disco for a special episode.  cut it the bush way. ....... before the snow traps them on the mountain (?).

:)    what would they make out of it?   haha

do they have a water source next to the house site?

Edited by clod

I missed what they were repairing on the dozer?  What exactly was the problem and what was the fix?   

That's a very nice machine, and I don't think the owner would really want a "bush fix" going on, especially since there is a dealer probably within 25 miles.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Rock knocker said:

I missed what they were repairing on the dozer?  What exactly was the problem and what was the fix?   

That's a very nice machine, and I don't think the owner would really want a "bush fix" going on, especially since there is a dealer probably within 25 miles.

The dozer's battery ran out and Bam suggested, like a normal person, to put it on the charger.  Matt, however, decided he needed to spend much time and not the right tools to bypass the battery of the BORROWED dozer.

@prican58 - another poster told me how to catch someone's attention.  You just do the @ sign and part of the name and pick it from the list.  The person, people you want to notify will get a notification in their bell.

Reason for leaving Alaska #78 - Didn't the production company lose their insurance?  I am looking at you meth cooking Matt.

• Love 2
On 9/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, jumper sage said:

Reason for leaving Alaska #78 - Didn't the production company lose their insurance?  I am looking at you meth cooking Matt.

Good point, I do recall hearing that they ran into trouble with their insurance because Matt blew himself up.  Ha HA!  But most of the family had relocated out of the state by that time.  

Anyway, they must have got their insurance back or they wouldn't be able to have the hunting scenes and whatnot.

• Love 2
On 9/3/2018 at 11:01 PM, Rock knocker said:

Who in their right mind would lend them an expensive piece of equipment? Especially since they supposedly don't know anyone. I wouldn't lend them even a hammer. They might weld it to something.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Eataton said:

Who in their right mind would lend them an expensive piece of equipment? Especially since they supposedly don't know anyone. I wouldn't lend them even a hammer. They might weld it to something.

Reminds me of the Brown Klowns season spent getting Billy checked out for seizures/blackouts. Between trips to the doc to figure out why Poppa was collapsing and seizing, they take a quick trip down the west coast in, not one, but two borrowed RVS.... with the guy who blackouts behind the wheel. After the dozer fix, gotta wonder if the first RV caught fire after a Brown-fix.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, clod said:

welded to the dozer, your hammer is.

:)

Yeah. They'll probably call the guy, "You can come get your dozer and all the tools you lent us. They're all "together". Oh, and  you'll need to bring a battery and something to tow it out of the mud pit."

Edited by Eataton
  • Love 4
On 9/3/2018 at 5:53 PM, prican58 said:

Thanks jumper and rmontro .

Is it ok to say that I really wish Big Daddy Brown trimed that effing mustache thing?

Maybe looking like a fool is part of the schtick. Whatever brings in the money!

Seeing Ami with a full set of teeth is different.  Do you suppose Noah whittled her a new set of wooden dentures?  Probably out of a tree branch or something...

Or maybe he put them together using animal teeth from his vast collection of dead animal parts?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I'd much, much rather marry the more intelligent, handsome Bear on the left than the squatting Bear on the right.  Idiot.

Looks like he's a smoker though...

It also appears that he's pounded down five beers to Bear's one (the Bear on the right) .  But given the weight difference, I guess he can have the benefit of the doubt on that one. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, rmontro said:

Looks like he's a smoker though...

It also appears that he's pounded down five beers to Bear's one (the Bear on the right) .  But given the weight difference, I guess he can have the benefit of the doubt on that one. 

You've got a point rmontro, but I'm pretty sure that's a blunt the Left Bear is toking and I'm totally down with that.  Also, an occasional 6-pack on the weekend while whale-watching is ok with me.  I mean, when Right Bear is the alternative,  I can put up with  a lot.  Even snuggling up to that fur, which is bound to have sticks and stuff in it.  And that could apply to both Bears.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

You've got a point rmontro, but I'm pretty sure that's a blunt the Left Bear is toking and I'm totally down with that.  Also, an occasional 6-pack on the weekend while whale-watching is ok with me.  I mean, when Right Bear is the alternative,  I can put up with  a lot.  Even snuggling up to that fur, which is bound to have sticks and stuff in it.  And that could apply to both Bears.

lol

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

You've got a point rmontro, but I'm pretty sure that's a blunt the Left Bear is toking and I'm totally down with that

I would stand corrected, but it appears to have a filter on it, so I'm not sure you're right about that.

Either way, what would his cousin Smokey think about it?

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I would stand corrected, but it appears to have a filter on it, so I'm not sure you're right about that.

Either way, what would his cousin Smokey think about it?

I noticed the filter and thought maybe it was a ruse to keep the Park Rangers or Coast Guard or whomever patrols up there,  away.  Detest cigarette smoke but again, the alternative.....

As for Cousin Smokey, he's cool.

Smokey the Bear Smoking Weed.jpg

Edited by slasherboy

snap!    the poles are up and concrete magically appeared.    gotta get me some of that magic concrete.

if that belly gets showed *one more time*,.......... I will suspect some "personal problem".  !

• Love 1