Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Week 6: Denmark

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I had a slightly different take on that - I thought it was Will who was being defensive. He could have just said that he'd mostly been drawn to white women so far, but that he was open to dating women of other races, but he tried to "justify" himself by saying there weren't many black girls/women to date. I can see that being the case in high school, but in college? There's plenty of diversity at most colleges. I think Rachel was just trying to get him to tell the truth that white women had been more his type.

So obvious that white men are Rachel's type, so she would understand where Will is coming from. If he is interested in a middle-aged white woman, I'll be happy to send Mr. MML away for a week or so....

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't think it's so obvious white men are her type when she has stated she has mainly dated black men and never brought a white man home before nick. The black guys they chose for her are all duds who came off as not seriously romantically interested in her, except Eric, which is why he is the last remaining. So if I was her, I would've sent the rest home too, even though I am a black woman who has only dated black men.  

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 15
46 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Rachel seemed extremely drunk in one of those scenes with Peter. She was asking him to kiss her (which...makes me cringe) and she just seemed kinda out of it,

Totally thought the same thing.  With a few of the guys that evening actually.

• Love 1
(edited)

I cringed super hard for Rachel when she practically begged Peter to kiss her. But like someone said up thread, she looked super tipsy and she was hugging a big bottle of alcohol in that scene. She gets drunker than the guys at times, she probably needs liquid courage to feign interest and kiss that many dudes in one night.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I didn't care for her pouty-face and grumbling when Will wasn't instantly tongue-bathing her and rhapsodizing about how incredible she was, while simultaneously mauling her.  She's coming off very physically needy to me. 

She comes off that way to me as well.  Seems like she only responds positively to guys who paw her and she can play tongue hockey with, and she thinks that means the guy really likes her.  

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I think Rachel was just trying to get him to tell the truth that white women had been more his type.

I felt a little bit like @mostlylurking.  I don't think Will has to necessarily admit this on international television.  Rachel is the one with the proven record on this show of preferring white men.  If that's her bag, fine.  But she claims that she's 'always mostly dated black men' and then kicked all of them off the show except Eric?  Um.  Not sure I necessarily believe her.  But again, I don't feel neither Rachel nor Will have to admit that on tv necessarily.

And I do find it a little offensive, personally, when someone refuses to date a race, whether it's their own, or another.  But that's just me personally.  I know others have wildly, wildly different opinions on this.  I don't want to get into a debate and I don't care to change anyone's mind.  I just don't agree that it's objectively "not offensive".

I liked Eric and Dean speaking so openly about this stuff.  It was really interesting to see on TV.  They were both so honest.  And I didn't realize Eric had arms like that.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

If Peter had leaned back any further in his chair when Rachel again told him how fascinated she was with him, his chair would have fallen over.   Read the room, Rachel.

15 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Rachel, if you have to ask a man to kiss you, that means he's not really into you.

It's an interesting dichotomy. I think most will agree that this season is coming down to Bryan versus Peter. On one side you have the guy that some think is way too effusive and over the top in his all in approach to Rachel and don't trust him. And there's Peter who many think is one of the hottest guys that's ever been on the show and damn near perfect (I disagree but I've always said pretty boy bland personalities have never done it for me) but just does not seem physically and romantically into Rachel at all. I agree about her having to ask him for a kiss, the way he always puts these physical distances between them, etc. So which one does she choose because will either one last?

I am starting to tell myself that maybe Peter is so damn perfect that the editors are just doing a number on their physical and passionate connection to not make it so obvious. Because it's the only explanation to me for why Rachel who is often described as so perceptive and smart seems SO into a guy that makes it so clear in my opinion that he doesn't feel the same. I mean as much as she's physically into Bryan, I think she is showing caution and thinking with her brain in questioning him and questioning things. But she just seems so focused on Peter and doesn't seem to be questioning at all his obvious aloofness and distance. Almost like she's not seeing it all. 

As for next week, I think it's the usual over-dramatic promo that is much ado about nothing. I don't see Peter going anywhere. 

15 hours ago, Venee said:

If the Peter scenario that seems to be eluded to in the beginning of my post comes true in this way "I care for you so much Rachel that I want the best for you, and I'm not it... followed by long monologue leaving them both crying" That is your next Bachelor.....

If Peter pulls a Brooks, he will not be the Bachelor in my opinion. Viewers hated Brooks for what he did to Des and I've seen so many Peter fans defending against comments that he's not into Rachel and firmly believe she picks him. Hell some websites have accused people of being racists when they suggest he is not into Rachel because they insist some only think so because she's black. If Peter pulls an, "oops, sorry, I'm not that into you", there will not be some huge viewer swell of support for him to be the next lead. YMMV.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

Is there any comments from Lee today on social Media?  I don't follow him, not do I want to take the time to look him up, but wondering if he had anything to say for himself.  When men come off that badly in the past (Joe, Chad), they usually try to redeem themselves via social media, just curious.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I felt a little bit like @mostlylurking.  I don't think Will has to necessarily admit this on international television.  Rachel is the one with the proven record on this show of preferring white men.  If that's her bag, fine.  But she claims that she's 'always mostly dated black men' and then kicked all of them off the show except Eric?  Um.  Not sure I necessarily believe her.  But again, I don't feel neither Rachel nor Will have to admit that on tv necessarily.

And I do find it a little offensive, personally, when someone refuses to date a race, whether it's their own, or another.  But that's just me personally.  I know others have wildly, wildly different opinions on this.  I don't want to get into a debate and I don't care to change anyone's mind.  I just don't agree that it's objectively "not offensive".

I liked Eric and Dean speaking so openly about this stuff.  It was really interesting to see on TV.  They were both so honest.  And I didn't realize Eric had arms like that.

I just don't see how kicking these particular black men off indicates a preference or proven track record.  Should Rachel keep black men that are not romantically interested in her on this show just because that's who she typically date?  She tried to date nick, but that's one white guy. The group of black men they chose for her this season aren't into her with the exception of Eric and Kenny maybe (I believed Josiah just loved himself). And Kenny was just a big fat NO.   I'm just saying...I've only dated black men and I would've kicked them all off too; my top picks are white.  I felt she tried to force it with Will but deep down knew his type; still she kept him around and gave him the one-on-one. She liked DeMario and we see what he turned out to be.  She gave Anthony the second one-on-one, which was a dud. Showed patience with Josiah and Kenny, who based on their actions should've left earlier. I literally cannot articulate my level of disappointment in the men of color they chose, including Iggy.  

Eric's arms and chest were distracting in that scene.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 9
(edited)
44 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I don't think it's so obvious white men are her type when she has stated she has mainly dated black men and never brought a white man home before nick. The black guys they chose for her are all duds who came off as not seriously romantically interested in her, except Eric, which is why he is the last remaining. So if I was her, I would've sent the rest home too, even though I am a black woman who has only dated black men.  

If she has mainly dated black men, I cannot believe she is more into all the white men remaining on this show than she was into all the black men except Eric that have now been sent home. All of them? Not interesting to get to know the accomplished black men she sent home as friends for the future or for her girlfriends (her real girlfriends, not her Nick girlfriends)? But maybe. I think she will have to address at some point after the show is over why she sent virtually all of them home first.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1

Everyone has different tastes.  I don't personally agree that all of the black men on this show were garbage except Eric.  It's my opinion.  I don't find all of the white contestants (Matt, Adam, Bryan) attractive, personally.  Like I said.  Everyone has different tastes.  Peter and Dean are beautiful in my opinion but so are Anthony and Diggy, just as examples.  

It took me a long time to even realize Bryan and Alex and Jack Stone were different people.  If you look at their pictures they are almost interchangeable brunette guys.  Alex's personality came out fast which is great, but then I realized last week that Jack Stone existed and that he was a different person than Bryan.  These guys are not my physical type but Rachel seems to love it.  She and I see men very differently.

• Love 6

I've got my wedding dress in the closet and the phone number of the wedding planner for my wedding with Kenny. : )

However, my only question for him would be what he plans to do after, say, age 40.  I'm assuming by then he'd be tired of wrestling or too busted up, and would be too "old" for dancing.  

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

If she has mainly dated black men, I cannot believe she is more into all the white men remaining on this show than she was into all the black men except Eric that have now been sent home. All of them? Not interesting to get to know the accomplished black men she sent home as friends for the future or for her girlfriends (her real girlfriends, not her Nick girlfriends)? But maybe. I think she will have to address at some point after the show is over why she sent virtually all of them home first.

She did not send virtually all of them home first .  We are down to 6. Most of them sent themselves home i.e. DeMario, will, Josiah, and Kenny.

Rachel is there to find a husband, not a friend.

But what great, accomplished black men did she send home, except Anthony? He's the only one I'd send in the direction of friend. Diggy was hot but lost me when talking about his shoe collection. And will is a salesman (nothing wrong with that) that doesn't like black women. 

12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Everyone has different tastes.  I don't personally agree that all of the black men on this show were garbage except Eric.  It's my opinion.  I don't find all of the white contestants (Matt, Adam, Bryan) attractive, personally.  Like I said.  Everyone has different tastes.  Peter and Dean are beautiful in my opinion but so are Anthony and Diggy, just as examples.  

It took me a long time to even realize Bryan and Alex and Jack Stone were different people.  If you look at their pictures they are almost interchangeable brunette guys.  Alex's personality came out fast which is great, but then I realized last week that Jack Stone existed and that he was a different person than Bryan.  These guys are not my physical type but Rachel seems to love it.  She and I see men very differently.

I don't think she is choosing based on physical type. The remaining men are the only ones left who didn't make fools of themselves, with the exception of Anthony.  I realize the producers are responsible for some of it. But I just don't see how she could continue to push forward Josiah, Kenny, and will. 

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 3

Eric seems nice but I, personally, could not really respect someone whose grammar is not more or less perfect. "I seen".  I cringe. As others have said, he also seems very young compared to her. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, betha said:

It's never a real punch! Don't you know that by now? Never!!

but that's the only thing I have figured out about this show. The rest of it tonight kind of mystified me... I really thought Anthony had a chance to be there for the long haul. Is there something we weren't shown? Thy seemed to have a nice time on their date. They weren't showing him much so I assumed he was a sleeper. Usually there would be more explanation after someone with a promising 1-on-1 gets sent home. 

Also she she gets impatient with Will - is it possible he was just taking things a little slower? Or is he definitely a famewhore who was hanging on to try to be the bachelor? Say it ain't so, Will!

Meanwhile she continues to hang onto Eric against all common sense or reason... he seems like a 15-year-old.  And Matt and Adam, huh?? Again they are not editing this to show us any reasons why.

I do agree Rachel really needs to be desired but I worry that may be clouding her judgement in favor of Bryan above all, just because he kisses the most/hardest. I still haven't really forgiven him for the "sloppy seconds" comment on Ellen. 

Funny - there was actually a deleted scene of Peter telling Dean that he was bothered by that comment, too. 

• Love 5

I was talking to my girlfriends (all of us are bw who are married to bm and have only ever dated bm) and we all agreed that the pickings were slim regardless of race. But some of us also noticed a difference in the way many of the white guys (and eric) vs the black guys court/show interest in her. I can't put my finger on it exactly but if I were in her same position, I would have made the same cuts (except for Alex). 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

I cringed super hard for Rachel when she practically begged Peter to kiss her.

and he kept both hands in his lap as he kissed her. The fact that he did not lift his right arm up to pull her close was very telling to me.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

I don't think she is choosing based on physical type. The remaining men are the only ones left who didn't make fools of themselves, with the exception of Anthony.  I realize the producers are responsible for some of it. But I just don't see how she could continue to push forward Josiah, Kenny, and will. 

Again, it's a matter of opinion. She kept Adam around.  I would have sent home the guy who brought a dummy around with him on Day 1.  And whenever I see Eric, all I can think of is, 'MY NAME WAS IN YOUR MOUTH'.  

• Love 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Again, it's a matter of opinion. She kept Adam around.  I would have sent home the guy who brought a dummy around with him on Day 1.  And whenever I see Eric, all I can think of is, 'MY NAME WAS IN YOUR MOUTH'.  

Lol about Adam jr. I agree it's a matter of opinion because I also would've kept dude with the dummy over her remaining options because he comes off as legitimately interested in her and hasn't made a fool out of himself. 

and Eric has really just completely won me over though he is not ready for marriage.  He just posted this super sweet message about Rachel and I just get it...he is really sweet and must've been a breath of fresh air this season:  

Also he mentioned in a new interview that he wasn't surprised Will went home. He said will also told him he was intimidated by Rachel, and eric just thought she was just new to him with her being black and her personality and will didn't know what to do with her. So I'm thinking Eric definitely set him up. Lol

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 6
(edited)

Was it Peter who, a couple weeks back (or last week- I'm not keeping track), mentioned to Rachel that he'd noticed that she'd had a second glass of champagne during a stressful evening? This comment stood out to me because I was surprised that just 2 glasses would be noteworthy  to the bachelors because, traditionally, these people seem to drink a lot. If it was Peter, maybe he really isn't drinking/drunk girls? And that's why he was so weird w/ Rachel tonight--she did seem at least buzzed and a little sloppy tonight.

I don't know. I really don't believe he's as physically disinterested as we've been shown. I think there must be other times that we're not shown (maybe to throw us off?) when he's more demonstrative because Rachel herself def. seems to notice and care about what sort of physical attention (as she should) she is receiving.  I have trouble believing she's all about Peter physically  if he's always as resistant as we've been shown.

Of course, sometimes the distance we see is real and not just editing (Desiree and that guy she was into for most of her season). Who knows.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
because much and must are not the same thing
  • Love 6
(edited)

I am starting to become distracted by how frequently Rachel uses the phrase "each and every one of you." Also, Peter could not be less interested in Rachel. It is cringe-worthy. There is something off about that guy, IMO. Maybe he is asexual, I don't know.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 2
Just now, nicgwatchingtv said:

If it was Peter, maybe he really isn't drinking/drunk girls? And that's why he was so weird w/ Rachel tonight--she did seem at least buzzed and a little sloppy tonight.

I noticed on the group date that they were all sitting around the table drinking beer, except one guy (and I think it was Peter) had what looked like a Coke. Unless it was a really large glass of dark red wine!

And I was completely taken aback when Rachel asked Will "what kind of woman are you attracted to?" and he immediately went to the fact that he had mostly dated white women. So he's basically saying "I'm not usually attracted to black women"  Whoa!  And the fact that he immediately went to an appearance thing-- rather than innate qualities-- was a big turn off for me.  I would never say something like "I only date guys with dark hair".

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Was it Peter who, a couple weeks back (or last week- I'm not keeping track), mentioned to Rachel that he'd noticed that she'd had a second glass of champagne during a stressful evening? This comment stood out to me because I was surprised that just 2 glasses would be noteworthy  to the bachelors because, traditionally, these people seem to drink a lot. If it was Peter, maybe he really isn't drinking/drunk girls? And that's why he was so weird w/ Rachel tonight--she did seem at least buzzed and a little sloppy tonight.

I don't know. I really don't believe he's as physically disinterested as we've been shown. I think there must be other times that we're not shown (maybe to throw us off?) when he's more demonstrative because Rachel herself def. seems to notice and care about what sort of physical attention (as she should) she is receiving.  I have trouble believing she's all about Peter physically  if he's always as resistant as we've been shown.

Of course, sometimes the distance we see is real and not just editing (Desiree and that guy she was into for most of her season). Who knows.

I've noticed the times people are pointing out where she seems to be chasing him, but that hot tub scene looked mutual to me....so I'd say who knows what's really up.

• Love 5
(edited)
32 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I noticed on the group date that they were all sitting around the table drinking beer, except one guy (and I think it was Peter) had what looked like a Coke. Unless it was a really large glass of dark red wine!

Looks like I can't tell dark-haired bearded guys apart. I think it was Alex:

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 2.45.01 PM.png

Edited by dleighg

Well, all my tv boyfriends are gone now: Diggy, Anthony, Will. I can't see Rachel with Eric, a guy who says, "widchu" instead of "with you." Bryan got the insider-personal-talk convo this time before being swallowed by Rachel mouth. Too bad the cast-off men didn't know Rachel wants to be grabbed and kissed, or rather, have her face devoured. Who knew? And speaking of cast-off guys, none of them seem especially sad to be leaving. No tears, just a "See ya, don't wanna be ya" when Rachel put them into that car. I'd be taking a drive to the nearest Norwegian Motel 6 to extend my stay for another week or so. And I did LOL when it was revealed Kenny's eye cut came from the Viking duel and not Lee. We've been seeing that bleeding eyeball for about a month now, it's about time it was over. I loved, loved, loved the Viking contests. If the entire two hours were that, I would have been happier. Dean rocked, and bye Alex. Maybe BIP for you.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

and Eric has really just completely won me over though he is not ready for marriage.  He just posted this super sweet message about Rachel and I just get it...he is really sweet and must've been a breath of fresh air this season:  

Oh my god that is so adorable!!  I really love that.  It really was a joyful, happy date that you don't see very often.  It was very playful and childlike (not in a creepy way).  I enjoyed it.

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, leighdear said:

I didn't care for her pouty-face and grumbling when Will wasn't instantly tongue-bathing her and rhapsodizing about how incredible she was, while simultaneously mauling her.  She's coming off very physically needy to me. 

Right.  I guess, if I put myself in that situation, I would want to get to know each guy on a personal level,  to know their dreams for the future, their political and social views, even talk about books and movies, with less emphasis on calling each other "Amazing"  and making out.   I would want to hold off on the makeout sessions until I had at least narrowed the field down  to a few guys.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And speaking of cast-off guys, none of them seem especially sad to be leaving. No tears, just a "See ya, don't wanna be ya" when Rachel put them into that car. I'd be taking a drive to the nearest Norwegian Motel 6 to extend my stay for another week or so.

I agree.  None of them seemed to be disappointed or hurt.  I even think that Kenny's tears were because he was looking forward to getting the hell out of Norway and seeing his daughter again. 

1 hour ago, ridethemaverick said:

I was talking to my girlfriends (all of us are bw who are married to bm and have only ever dated bm) and we all agreed that the pickings were slim regardless of race. But some of us also noticed a difference in the way many of the white guys (and eric) vs the black guys court/show interest in her. I can't put my finger on it exactly but if I were in her same position, I would have made the same cuts (except for Alex). 

Honestly, I think that the black guys (except Eric) were more reserved because they didn't want to come off on tv as being too aggressive with the mauling and tongue hockey, and it might have been a turnoff to some of them that she was too physically aggressive. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Oh my god that is so adorable!!  I really love that.  It really was a joyful, happy date that you don't see very often.  It was very playful and childlike (not in a creepy way).  I enjoyed it.

I loved it too, it was genuinely fun to watch and nothing seemed forced or fake about it. Eric wanting to take selfies in the hot tub had me rolling. I liked those two together more than any other combination, with Dean/Rachel being a close second. 

That's an interesting possibility, some people get turned off by sloppiness and over-aggressiveness caused by drinking. She wasn't sloppy drunk by THIS show's standards, but compared to how she usually carries herself, there was a noticeable difference.

That's another good point. It's clearly extremely important to her to have near constant physical attention, so she must be getting enough of that from Peter to keep him around.

I can't remember who it was, but someone reused the "I'll be strong when you're weak..." spiel that Bryan used last week. I feel like these guys are being given notes, especially because whoever said it kinda tossed it off in a half-hearted way, there was nothing sincere about the conversation. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

And I was completely taken aback when Rachel asked Will "what kind of woman are you attracted to?" and he immediately went to the fact that he had mostly dated white women. So he's basically saying "I'm not usually attracted to black women"  Whoa!  And the fact that he immediately went to an appearance thing-- rather than innate qualities-- was a big turn off for me.  I would never say something like "I only date guys with dark hair".

I thought the same thing, but since I love Will I am going to assume he said "I love smart women, women who challenge me, women with self confidence and a sense of humor... in the past I have dated white girls, but I am open." 

And was edited .

but I thought it was clear that regardless how he stated it, Rachel was definitely also taken aback and I am pretty sure that's what did him in.

• Love 2

Yes, I think some of the guys were holding off on the physical affection as a sign of respect. 

But it might also be about the cameras - not being comfortable expressing affection with a camera 5 feet away form you, and not wanting to be shown on TV making out with someone who, an hour later, rejects you.    It's kind of similar to what comes across for the "fantasy suite"  dates - the Bachelorette tries out 3 guys, and the best lover wins.   I know that's not what it's really about, but it's shown that way.  For a guy to be eliminated after spending a night in the FS, it might be taken as "not good in bed."   (and I've seen that in these forums). 

So, at this stage, making out with the B'ette is a little risky.  Especially if the main thing shown on TV is something like a makeout session in a hot tub.  If you're not sure you're getting a rose, it might be better to perceive it as "our personalities didn't click" than "I must be a bad kisser."

• Love 5
(edited)

We don't have a social issues thread so I'll ask here.

This is my first season since Trista so I don't know, but has there ever been a b or b-ette where there was a question of whether or not the contestants have ever dated/are attracted to people of their own race? The more I think about this, the more irritated I get. Watching some of the guys sitting around wondering if Will is even attracted to black women was...weird. I mean, is it just me? And that's not a reflection on the guys who were wondering. It's more so a musing on the way some black men make their disdain for bw so public that everyone knows and accepts it as a given, or as a logical thing. I don't see that with other races but I could be wrong.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 3

At first I liked Peter, but now I think he's boring and a little off putting. I agree that Dean is almost too pretty, but he seems to be a really sweet genuine guy. Don't see it between him and Rachel tho.  If I were picking between these guys, it would be Bryan and Eric.  I have the same questions about Bryan that Rachel does, but I love how physical and positive he is.  Eric is so much fun. I don't think he's ready for marriage,  but I love his style and verve

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

This is my first season since Trista so I don't know, but has there ever been a b or b-ette where there was a question of whether or not the contestants have ever dated/are attracted to people of their own race? The more I think about this, the more irritated I get. Watching some of the guys sitting around wondering if Will is even attracted to black women was...weird. I mean, is it just me? And that's not a reflection on the guys who were wondering. It's more so a musing on the way some black men make their disdain for bw so public that everyone knows and accepts it as a given, or as a logical thing. I don't see that with other races but I could be wrong.

Great question!

I'm a pessimist so I'm thinking Will was casted for this reason: to be the great black male catch who only dates white women to the disappointment of the first black bachelorette.  They knew his preference and used him to have this conversation.  Still, he's an idiot for saying that he typically dates white women to anyone in the home and especially to Rachel on their one-on-one. I haven't watched every season but it is extremely doubtful a white male contestant has ever said that to one of the bachelorettes.  Like that's just crazy he would actually say that Rachel's face in front of a camera. 

• Love 4

I got tired of Kenny and was glad when he left this episode.  I thought he was really making a play to become the Bachelor with how much he spoke about his daughter-shades of Emily and Amanda.  I also didn't like his actions after Rachel cut Lee-while we are not responsible for the actions of those who poke at us, we are responsible for our responses to them.  He was just over the top-too much for me.

I liked Anthony, Will, and Alex so I guess that Rachel and I have completely different taste in men.  Oh well.

• Love 6

I liked Kenny.  A lot.

While I think he would do well as the Bachelor, he had way too much issue being away from his daughter.  Rightfully so.  I don't see him going this route again.

• Love 4

Bryan is just so smarmy! Rachel clearly adores him, but I have trouble taking anything he says seriously.

Bryan: "When we peel back those layers, it's gonna be that [much] more special. Like, do you realize how it's gonna be?"

Rachel: "...No."

Bryan: "You don't, you don't; that's the thing, so --"

Rachel: "Do you?"

Bryan: "I can envision it."

Rachel: "Okay."

Bryan: "And it's magical."

Groan.

• Love 19

Anthony??  Did she have to do that??  

Eric is young. Dean is young. Eric's not growing on me but I like that they had something that resembled fun on their date.  I like Dean's way,  something about him.  Doubt she goes for either of those dudes.

They're dropping like flies.  I'm slightly horrified at the guys, aside from Dean, that she kept.   

• Love 2

what the hell is wrong with developing a relationship before the lip-locks? Though I agree that Will seemed kind of "this trip is really great!" more than "I am really enjoying being here with *you*" (deep look into her eyes). But I think heavy smooching with *multiple* guys simultaneously is just plain weird. But that is this show, I guess. 

• Love 9

Finally got around to watching....favorite moment was when the men were sitting around ( I think Rachel was with Will). All the men were wearing wrinkled t-shirts except Peter who looked like he was waiting on a catalog shoot. 

Once again, I feel Peter should just not speak. Why ruin the illusion? 

• Love 7

I am sooooo bummed Will went home.  What a super hot hottie!!  I just like everything about him.  Even though he never gave off these vibes but I personally got the feeling he was too good for this show.  IDK, I'm not saying he is vain but his sweet, smart personality just doesn't fit on this show.  I do hope he's on BIP just so I can see his sweet face again 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

ME TOO!!!! Are we the only ones? It's my only reference. I've been trying to figure out which of these guys is "Ryan like" because Ryan and Trista are heading into their 15th year of marriage clearly she chose wisely. Maybe if you put Dean and perhaps Peter together you get a somewhat "Ryan"?  lol

8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Same! lol I've worn out that Bachelorette 2017 Cast page trying to figure out who is who reading the posts here lol

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I am starting to become distracted by how frequently Rachel uses the phrase "each and every one of you." 

I'm SO tired of the obligatory "I LOVE That!" she blurts out every time a guy describes something he does.  

She does it even more than Andi did her "Staaaaap".  Incredibly annoying.

• Love 7

I would love to know what Rachel thinks now, watching how TPTB turned her season into the Lee And Kenny Show. I'd be all in for a black Bachelor next season. I don't see race or color, I just saw some hot guys being sent home (Diggy, Will, Anthony, Alex). Okay, so I had to toss Alex in there. LOL!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, betha said:

I thought the same thing, but since I love Will I am going to assume he said "I love smart women, women who challenge me, women with self confidence and a sense of humor... in the past I have dated white girls, but I am open." 

And was edited .

but I thought it was clear that regardless how he stated it, Rachel was definitely also taken aback and I am pretty sure that's what did him in.

Rachel was taken aback at Will's assertion that there were no black girls available to date during college and I suppose he didn't find any in Miami post college. Diverse Miami!  Just not true and Rachel, like most black women, knows that there are scads of highly educated, intelligent and attractive black women who can't find black men equally educated and professional to date.  Ridiculous excuse; better to say I just wound up being attracted to the woman I was attracted to and I'm intrigued and excited about you.  And then if he had tried to kiss her, Will would probably be able to stay because Rachel does like a kiss.

• Love 12