Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Week 6: Denmark

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I think in the real world most men who are not Bryan would have a lot of trouble going in for the deep French kisses

You made me realize that there are two types who may not like that.  Men like my husband who are squeamish about everything and don't ever want a tongue in their mouth and also the type who like it too much and might get  Too Turned on for TV.

If only we could call Peter and talk to him about this.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

You've said exactly what I've been thinking but used much better words to get it across. He's not letting himself go in the process because he's not totally comfortable with it. And yes he seems more intrigued than "in love". It's almost like he's still stuck in the early, first getting to know you stage this far in the game.

None of them should be "in love" with Rachel yet and it has nothing to do with letting yourself go. What are you in love with if you don't know the other person? I just rolled my eyes when Bryan said it on their first date.

• Love 5

Thanks, Judy, for reminding me about DeMario and his "girlfriend." Too funny that I've already forgotten about that, something that I now believe was fully scripted after hearing another show say DeMario was hired and cast as a villain, so yeah, the girlfriend was entirely part of TPTB's plan. Also interesting is Peter applying for this show ages ago and just by chance ended up with Rachel.The odds of Rachel really finding "true love" over TPTB getting "the most dramatic season ever" are pretty slim to none. I'm already over Anthony and Will so am now rooting for Dean. Not as Rachel's "pick" but for more screen time. You know, for ME!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, allicatexp said:

Can someone tell me which podcast jeff's cat is banging on the door and whining? The minute mark would be great too... Have to play that for the spouse?

There is a separate thread here about the podcast--you might get an answer if you post this request there. 

10 hours ago, comosedice said:

None of them should be "in love" with Rachel yet and it has nothing to do with letting yourself go. What are you in love with if you don't know the other person? I just rolled my eyes when Bryan said it on their first date.

I understand what your saying. But I don't know, as others have said he seems more open and flirty with her on the group dates so that seems to suggest that he's not as comfortable with the more intimate one on one time with her. Yes it's a tv show, yes he knew that going in but I think that's his basic persona. Honestly I would be the same. There's something to be said for a little reserve and wanting to keep intimacy private. It does make me question his ability to be the next Bach if he isn't F1 though. Unless he would be more open if he's in control and can go at his own pace. But he does seem to be a little uncomfortable with the process to me.

• Love 1

I think Rachel would look so much prettier with about 90 percent less eye makeup, including the ridiculous false eyelashes. In my view, she also needs to lose those huge hideous rings -- ugh, they look like weaponry.

Maybe Peter doesn't like the way Rachel kisses? She seems to break out the tongue immediately and get it all the way in there. This would not appeal to me as the initial approach to making out with a new person, and I enjoy French kissing well enough, but build up to the full slurpage.

• Love 12
(edited)

Rachel is the biggest asshole out of all the leads I´ve seen, ever. I started out really liking her, I thought she was kind of smart and gorgeous, but now it turns out she just likes horrible guys (and kissing... oooh so much kissing...) and she´s looking very raggidy (her hair.. she seems to be missing a lot of it?)

I love the dates she goes on, so I´m enjoying the season. Love seeing Norway and Copenhagen, and the viking stuff was nice. (I´m not gonna lie, Lee is the only one who would have truly rocked a viking outfit...) In the viking culture there was a thing of making guys famous for their looks, so even though he isn´t the biggest fighter, Dean would have been called "Dean the fair" and it would have been said of him that he didn´t do much fighting but he was so beautiful that women all over Scandinavia were fawning all over him. Mostly they liked the big, brawny types who happened to be gorgeous too, but just a nice face would sometimes be enough.

I´m really bummed that Reachel turned out to be such a dud. How could she send home Anthony and Josiah and not Matt and Adam? It´s ridiculous. Those guys are disgusting, sorry.

My last hope (except for Dean, who´s too good for her) was Alex, and she chose Adam...

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4
On 6/28/2017 at 1:54 PM, dirtypop90 said:

and Eric has really just completely won me over though he is not ready for marriage.  He just posted this super sweet message about Rachel and I just get it...he is really sweet and must've been a breath of fresh air this season:  

Wow! I was surprised to see this. It almost seems like a giveaway that he was the winner.  If he's not the winner I'm glad to see it because I thought Eric seemed like he might be really upset if he didn't win, and this seems to indicate that he was able to see the positive aspects of his experience.

• Love 2

Whenever the lead or contestant say they are falling in love, I just take it as bachelor speak for being really attracted to or liking someone a lot. It's the same thing as getting engaged at the end of the show in order to date exclusively afterwards. I don't really judge them on it because that's the whole premise of the show. Unless you have the balls to be real like Juan Pablo who doesn't give a crap about that. Most leads or contestants will toe the line so that they will not be crucified by TPTB.

• Love 4
On 6/29/2017 at 1:08 PM, yorklee2 said:

She seems to logically and intuitively pick the right guys in my opinion so why the rose colored glasses with Peter?

Also, given all she's got going for her I can't help but break out ye olde "... so why does she need to come on TV, twice no less, to "find love"? 

On 6/30/2017 at 8:11 AM, roses said:

Would be nice to actually get a conversation with no lines. 

The dude is one big line. I doubt he has a sincere/genuine bone in his body. He's a "I'll tell you just what you want to hear" machine. It all ads up to nothing eventually. Sometimes when asking where to go eat tonight it'd be nice to hear "Hmm... how about Chinese?" instead of "Wherever the most gorgeous woman in the world wants to go is fine by me."

• Love 5
7 hours ago, CaliCat said:

Wow! I was surprised to see this. It almost seems like a giveaway that he was the winner.  If he's not the winner I'm glad to see it because I thought Eric seemed like he might be really upset if he didn't win, and this seems to indicate that he was able to see the positive aspects of his experience.

A number of the guys have written sweet messages like that about her. Dean wrote one after his one on one and I think Kenny and Alex did as well.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:55 AM, comosedice said:

None of them should be "in love" with Rachel yet and it has nothing to do with letting yourself go

I don't really see what time has to do with falling in love or not.  To me, that's not something you can control, it's more like catching the flu.  Scientists say "falling in love," releases brain hormones like ocytocin and dopamine that can simulate feelings that are sort of like an really good alcoholic buzz or extreme euphoria.  I once fell in love over a two day weekend and experienced the literal sensation of walking on air.  I've since read that there's a biological reason for that having to due with hormone imbalances going on.

Not saying that this is going to last forever or is a good reason to get married but it does happen.

• Love 9
(edited)

Wikipedia says the new episode, "Switzerland" is tonight.

This forum, and my PVR, both seem to indicate that it's the Viking episode rerun tonight.

Does anyone know the real deal, and the cause of all of this confusion?

Thanks

(Edited because Wikipedia has now updated their information.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
(edited)

I bet we will be seeing a weepier and more emo Rachel from here on out. Same thing happened to the other leads (like Nick last season) but I don't buy that it's because they have such good connections with the rest of the contestants that they have a hard time saying goodbye. It's more like they are already set on their final pick and it's emotionally draining (some of it guilt) to continue to pretend to date the other men left. Hence, all the weepiness.

I think Rachel is set on Bryan about 99% after their one on one date. Or even before, I can't really tell. So, unless he does something later on to screw things up majorly with her, he has it in the bag.

ETA: I don't buy that Rachel only cares about the ~connection and not the guy's professional jobs. Because it was listed as one of the plus point for Bryan in her voiceover interview. So she obviously cares (as she should).

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 2

Darn.   So anyone who has any interest for me and seemed like a semi-decent person was sent home. Eric and Peter seems OK, but I don't see her marrying either one of them the others have barely figured into the show. 

So we're going to have hometown dates with guys who mostly we don't even know or care about?  I am definitely not going to believe the hometown date (or fantasy suite!!) with Adam or Matt!  

No way was she that upset about saying goodbye to Alex!  I think sending home Josiah, Kenny, and will would be much more heartbreaking. 

I think she really liked kenny and alex but they just weren't the guys for her.  She liked them as friends.  Not quite sure why it would be upsetting to send josiah or will home; josiah was a cocky butthole who she has zero connection with, not even friendship, and will wasn't interested in her. 

• Love 10
On 7/2/2017 at 8:17 AM, JudyObscure said:

I don't really see what time has to do with falling in love or not.  To me, that's not something you can control, it's more like catching the flu.  Scientists say "falling in love," releases brain hormones like ocytocin and dopamine that can simulate feelings that are sort of like an really good alcoholic buzz or extreme euphoria.  I once fell in love over a two day weekend and experienced the literal sensation of walking on air.  I've since read that there's a biological reason for that having to due with hormone imbalances going on.

Not saying that this is going to last forever or is a good reason to get married but it does happen.

I'm sorry, but that's crap.  Which scientist was actually there to test anyone at the exact moment he/she fell in love? Also, for these findings to be scientific they must be replicated with the same results. Where are these tests and findings documented and who made up this sample?  Anyway, I stick by what I said before.  Nobody falls in love with another person instantly.  You can be attracted to what you're seeing and hearing, but as long as you don't know the other person, what you think you are in love with is a figment of your imagination.

• Love 4
(edited)

I remember reading that Michael Buble fell in love with his model-actress wife when he spotted her across the room.    He even told the person he was talking to that she was going to be his wife.    Instead of feeling entranced by the story, I remember thinking "Men!"   

Edited by hyacinth

I believe you can fall in love instantly, but sort of doubt that 26 or whatever bachelors fell in love with Rachel instantly and she them. And I believe you can fall out of love just as fast, which maybe is happening with Peter after he sees how she interacts with everyone else (not that she should be doing anything differently). I imagine the falling out of love would happen to me about most of the remaining bachelors, although I would certainly like to be friends with several of them (not looking at you, Bryan).

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

And I believe you can fall out of love just as fast, which maybe is happening with Peter after he sees how she interacts with everyone else

How is Rachel interacting with others that would make Peter fall so out love? He wouldn't see or know about (unless the guys told him) her more intimate moments with the other guys and after all he's the one she chose to have hot tub makeout action with while on a group date with others, so what would he have to be so bothered about?

Rachel seems like a great person but, my gosh, there are actual circus clowns who wear less makeup.  Her eyelashes were so distracting in that dinner scene with Will -- I kept thinking one of them was about to take flight!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

How is Rachel interacting with others that would make Peter fall so out love? He wouldn't see or know about (unless the guys told him) her more intimate moments with the other guys and after all he's the one she chose to have hot tub makeout action with while on a group date with others, so what would he have to be so bothered about?

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought he might notice on group dates but I guess not. She seems a little overserved much of the time which is also a turnoff for some people. Just saying he may have observed things about her that turned off the chemistry for him and vice versa of course--love at first sight can change on the slightest thing and he does not seem as into her as he did at the beginning. IMO--yours may vary.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1
On 7/4/2017 at 3:28 PM, leighdear said:

Well, it seems Harvard University sees falling in love as chemically based:

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/love-actually-science-behind-lust-attraction-companionship/

And the BBC pretty much goes along with that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/

Thanks for the links. This is also from Harvard's research: "we don’t know enough to draw firm conclusions about every piece of the puzzle." 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

The show tweeted out Peter and Rachel clip today. I've never gotten the impression he wasn't interested in Rachel. He's always seemed very interested in her and only flinched when she came at him drunk/tipsy.  

I saw the episode--she suggested the hot tub, she crawled all over him once he got in. He is letting her chase him, if he is indeed still interested, as he is not doing the chasing. Peter actually was my favorite from the get-go, but I've grown lukewarm-to-coolish on her and on this season (too much Lee and manufactured drama is boring).

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2
On 6/27/2017 at 10:52 PM, Venee said:

If the Peter scenario that seems to be eluded to in the beginning of my post comes true in this way "I care for you so much Rachel that I want the best for you, and I'm not it... followed by long monologue leaving them both crying" That is your next Bachelor.....

This actually strikes me as a lot more believable than the usual story of "I was completely in love and got my heart broken, but now I'm ready to fall in love and get engaged to someone else six months later." But I also know how much this show's audience loathes anything with too much hint of realness (a promising candidate admitting he's just not into this person, someone not picking either finalist, etc.).

That said, based on that preview, I'm putting my (metaphorical) money on Peter. I've been waffling between him and Bryan (for obvious reasons), but that preview hinted far too strongly that Peter was going to show himself out for me to believe that anything of the sort is what will actually happen. Plus, we're getting to the point when they need to start showing some sort of doubt or obstacle for the eventual winner, so it will look like the lead could end up picking the other one. So yeah. I'm officially declaring Peter as my prediction.

And I'd guess Dean for Bachelor. He's young (which would make the ridiculously young women they usually cast more age appropriate than sometimes), but comes across older than his years — at least in action. He still looks like a baby. But certainly of the guys left, he's probably the best option. Unless Matt or Adam is actually really engaging and delightful.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:20 AM, jade.black said:

Ok, I’m pretty much a terrible person and do not have children (and don’t particularly want them), but I thought Kenny’s immediate emotions every time he saw his daughter on skype were waaay over the top. The girl is ten and seemed pretty upbeat when they talked, but the second she said “daddy” he would dissolve in a puddle of tears. Every time he talked about Rachel it was in regards to what a godsend she would be for his family. I think he’s looking for a mother to his child more than a wife. Actually, Kenny's emotions were over the top in general. I thought by the last couple episodes, he was provoking Lee more than Lee was provoking him. Or just drastically overreacting.

This. I also don't have kids, but I just can't really wrap my head around getting that weepy about being apart from anyone for a few weeks — especially when it's not even a no-contact few weeks. We saw them facetiming two or three times, but I would guess that they probably talked every day. And while I realize that that's not the same as actually being together, it just seems way too attached, and like maybe some more apart time would actually be healthy.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, kingshearte said:

This actually strikes me as a lot more believable than the usual story of "I was completely in love and got my heart broken, but now I'm ready to fall in love and get engaged to someone else six months later." But I also know how much this show's audience loathes anything with too much hint of realness (a promising candidate admitting he's just not into this person, someone not picking either finalist, etc.).

That said, based on that preview, I'm putting my (metaphorical) money on Peter. I've been waffling between him and Bryan (for obvious reasons), but that preview hinted far too strongly that Peter was going to show himself out for me to believe that anything of the sort is what will actually happen. Plus, we're getting to the point when they need to start showing some sort of doubt or obstacle for the eventual winner, so it will look like the lead could end up picking the other one. So yeah. I'm officially declaring Peter as my prediction.

And I'd guess Dean for Bachelor. He's young (which would make the ridiculously young women they usually cast more age appropriate than sometimes), but comes across older than his years — at least in action. He still looks like a baby. But certainly of the guys left, he's probably the best option. Unless Matt or Adam is actually really engaging and delightful.

This. I also don't have kids, but I just can't really wrap my head around getting that weepy about being apart from anyone for a few weeks — especially when it's not even a no-contact few weeks. We saw them facetiming two or three times, but I would guess that they probably talked every day. And while I realize that that's not the same as actually being together, it just seems way too attached, and like maybe some more apart time would actually be healthy.

Its hard to explain, but it didnt seem way off to me.  I think Kenny is a pretty in touch with his feelings guy, he clearly has a career that can benefit from the exposure, and he is living with Lee.  I really think he went on the show hoping it would help his dancing career and wrestling career (Being a known commodity can open a lot of doors and really help financially). He was really stressed he was ruining it all. And then he would get faced with his awesome daughter: who is both a breath of fresh air and the reason he wants to do better financially and the readon he is chasing a woman like rachel.  Thats a lit of conflicting emotions all at once. When that happens to me, especially something about my kiddo,  tears just happen and catch me off guard.  

• Love 1

I think that some of Kenny's tears was from the isolation and boredom that comes with filming the show. If he's missing his daughter, he doesn't have much to do other than think about that. If someone is away from their kids, they can normally still go to work, watch television, listen to music, participate in sports, go somewhere, and generally do normal stuff.

• Love 5
On June 27, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Venee said:

I grew up like Rachel and Will. I didn't date until college. I lived in a Predominantly white neighborhood,  I went to a predominantly White Highschool where even the Black guys dated the white girls. All that changed in College, where dates became plentiful! I dated all races and ended up marrying a man from India. Go figure....  She seemed jarred by his admission of dating mostly white girls. I may have read her wrong (and she did say the date was already limping along before he admitted that) but I think that sealed it.

Will marginalized black women.  I am sure that there were black women where Will lived and went to school.  He CHOSE not to date black women.  Rachel was right to cut that loser loose.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Will marginalized black women.  I am sure that there were black women where Will lived and went to school.  He CHOSE not to date black women.  Rachel was right to cut that loser loose.

Will has the right to date and be attracted to whomever he chooses, black or white.  Wanting to date white women doesn't make him a loser.  To each their own.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Do you know where Will went to college (as a D1 basketball player) and the level of diversity there? Hint: much lower percentage of all minorities than Rachel had to choose from on this show. Yet she has whittled the percentage down to 16 percent black. Still three times higher than Will's college's percentage of black students. She CHOSE not to date black men on this show, to paraphrase. Okay that they both date who they want to, imo.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Canada said:

Will has the right to date and be attracted to whomever he chooses, black or white.  Wanting to date white women doesn't make him a loser.  To each their own.

I think the issue with Will is that he was kind of full crap when he tried to use the "well it was where I grew up and there weren't many black people" excuse and Rachel shut him down on that very fast because by all accounts Rachel had a similar privilege upbringing that Will seemed to have. And while that excuse could maybe fly in high school, when he said it was worse in college, then yeah I called bullshit on that. Colleges are typically one of the most diverse places.  It would have been much better and more honest if Will had just admitted that he's into white women but of course I understand why he didn't because he didn't want to be eliminated even if he obviously had no real interest in Rachel. But I imagine the free European trip was appealing.

• Love 5

It's funny how Will is a loser for wanting to date white women.  But it's okay that Rachel has sent home the vast majority of the back guys because, you know, freedom of choice and all that.  Such hypocrisy.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Do you know where Will went to college (as a D1 basketball player) and the level of diversity there? Hint: much lower percentage of all minorities than Rachel had to choose from on this show. Yet she has whittled the percentage down to 16 percent black. Still three times higher than Will's college's percentage of black students. She CHOSE not to date black men on this show, to paraphrase. Okay that they both date who they want to, imo.

Rachel does not exclude men of color from her dating pool. When the season first began, will's own white friends were posting on social media there shock he was on this show because he only dated white women. 

Further, Will said to Eric the last couple of years he also been dating white women. He's been out of college for years and living in Miami. I lived there for four years. If Will is only dating white women in Miami, is because that's who he likes, period. There's so much diversity in Miami and he is still choosing to exclude women of color from his dating pool. His choice. His problem is his failure to own up to it and give Rachel BS excuses because he knows what it says about him. That's why Rachel was annoyed and sent him packing.  Rachel knows his type, like all black women do, and was easily able to see through the BS.

I grew up with Wills. Hell I even have them in my family. They made not be losers but they sure as hell aren't prizes and women like Rachel surely should not waste any time with them. I don't. 

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 2

I understood Rachel's frustration. There's nothing wrong with Will having a type and that type happens to be white women. But it's a waste of Rachel's time to try to date this guy when she's black and there's nothing she or Will can change about it. So it's perfectly sensible that she cut him loose. She saved both their times. He already wasn't showing much interest in her during the afternoon portion of the date, so that admission just made the decision easier for her. 

• Love 5
(edited)
39 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Further, Will said to Eric the last couple of years he also been dating white women. He's been out of college for years and living in Miami.

Right, but I was responding to a post that specifically called him out on having college dating opportunities. 

Again, don't care who dates whom, but finding a little humor (I have to find it where I can :)) that Rachel had an equal pool of black to white men here and it's okay that she has let virtually all the black men go, but some posters (not you) seem to think Will could and should have restricted his own dating in school and beyond. He was honest with her (perhaps because he just wasn't into her), at least. Obviously neither of them were going to be happy with the other.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Right, but I was responding to a post that specifically called him out on having college dating opportunities. 

Again, don't care who dates whom, but finding a little humor (I have to find it where I can :)) that Rachel had an equal pool of black to white men here and it's okay that she has let virtually all the black men go, but some posters (not you) seem to think Will could and should have restricted his own dating in school and beyond. He was honest with her (perhaps because he just wasn't into her), at least. Obviously neither of them were going to be happy with the other.

No one is saying Will should restrict his dating pool to black women.  And will wasn't honest because he tried to use BS excuses to explain his preference instead of simply saying that he prefers white women, which he does because he has been living in Miami and still is only dating white women. The comments have been about him restricting his dating pool to white women and excluding everyone else. Rachel has dated men of all races and so is nothing like Will. Rachel even tried with Will and clearly wanted him to give her a reason to continue to push him forward but he gave her nothing. Eric is black and she clearly likes him and has from the beginning. 

• Love 1
On July 10, 2017 at 0:49 PM, Canada said:

It's funny how Will is a loser for wanting to date white women.  But it's okay that Rachel has sent home the vast majority of the back guys because, you know, freedom of choice and all that.  Such hypocrisy.

Fine if you want to date only white women, but just say, "I prefer white women."  Why front and say, "it's where I grew up."  Please.  I believe there are more black women with advanced degrees than black men; so for black men to say, "I just couldn't find any black women around," is a load of horse shit IMO.

Besides, black men date outside their race at a higher rate than black women.  Black women seem to be loyal to black men, while black men do what they want; so it's good to see a black woman do what she wants to do too.

• Love 5
On June 28, 2017 at 0:15 AM, Kira53 said:

Haven't learned much about the ins and outs of love and how to handle a relationship.  And I think when Eric didn't feel loved because his mother didn't love him  he'll go all freaky with Rachel or whoever he has his first full love affair with. He's just got a lot to learn in the Love spot.  Eric has to learn that the highs of love is enjoying is just one part of being in love. He knows very little about how to handle the lows and how to try to work things through with someone when you're vulnerable and sad and angry and needy.  I just think Eric is too risky to get engaged to.

I partially agree with you in the sense that Eric is not ready to be married.  He has a lot of growing up to do in general.  He is not a bad guy, but he just comes across as being a teenager rather than as a grown man. However, I don't think his inexperience in love is necessarily a bad thing.  The quantity of past relationships doesn't necessarily indicate that a person has learned anything except how to end a relationship.  More past relationships bring about more baggage and insecurity issues. Eric (at least on camera) treats Rachel with respect and is affectionate.  He seems genuine and it's obvious that he is attracted to her.  If he acted more like an adult, then he would be perfect for her. Relationships are not rocket science.  You simply need to treat your significant other with respect and kindness, show affection, listen and be honest. These skills can be acquired by a person's early 20s (if a person chooses to develop these qualities at all).  If someone has had at least one good friend during their childhood/teenage years, then they will have had ample practice at developing these skills.  Dating merely shows whether you've learned to act like a decent human being. 

Having a bad parent doesn't necessarily mean you are not marriage material.  Speaking as someone who has had a terrible father, I can say that it hasn't stopped me from finding a good boyfriend and enjoying a good relationship.  The most important thing Rachel should consider is whether Eric has worked through his painful relationship with his mother.  If he hasn't worked through his issues, then it is likely that these problems will spill over into any relationship he has.