Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Week 5: Norway

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, fib said:

He is also really positive about the other dudes.

Not Bryan apparently. There's an unaired scene on ABC.com of him and Dean talking about Bryan when he was on his 1 on 1 date with Rachel that essentially amounted to their saying Rachel is too good for Bryan, bringing up the sloppy seconds comment by Bryan, that they think he's arrogant and basically just making it clear that they don't care for him. 

• Love 1

I don't find Peter attractive either.  I think he's weird looking.

This is turning out to be the most irritating season of the Bachelor.  I was on Kenny's side, but he's just turning out to be an idiot who is doing himself no favours.  Dingo or Diggy or Iggy or whatever his name is said the right thing when he left.... I spent too much time talking about other people instead of getting to know Rachel.  Kenny is doing the same thing.

And Rachel is just buying into all the stupidity and drama.  I'm not enjoying it.

1 hour ago, fib said:

I LOVE THEM.  I dont have time to read the posts here AND the written comments. I never read them (sorry) because i loved the forums more.  

The "language of the bachelors" segments are riotous. I had no idea how many nonsensical items were habitually a part of the show. 

For those who arent loving the podcasts (i agree that being chained to a computer to listen to a long audio file isnt ideal, may I recommend subscribing to the feed through apple podcasts or similar? They download automatically and You can play them through your smartphone or ipod or ipad while you are walking your dog or washing dishes or taking a shower (if you put your device in a ziploc baggie).  I listen on my commute, and it beats the bejeezus out of drivetime radio.  

Okay, really, last comment--and trying to be helpful--for people like you who like podcasts and don't read the articles (I think you are saying that above), wouldn't it help you to see "Listen to the full podcast" and not "Read the full article"? Otherwise you may never realize there is a podcast, depriving you of thirty plus minutes of spoken hilarity each week.  As an article reader I would have just read past the posts announcing a podcast but no, for the first few episodes I fell for it. Change the post announcing an episode's podcast, and we can all be happier.

Really, now I'm done--flowers to all.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Okay, really, last comment--and trying to be helpful--for people like you who like podcasts and don't read the articles (I think you are saying that above), wouldn't it help you to see "Listen to the full podcast" and not "Read the full article"? Otherwise you may never realize there is a podcast, depriving you of thirty plus minutes of spoken hilarity each week.  As an article reader I would have just read past the posts announcing a podcast but no, for the first few episodes I fell for it. Change the post announcing an episode's podcast, and we can all be happier.

Really, now I'm done--flowers to all.

Yeah absolutely.  I do think they should be highlighted differently.  (And i only started listening this season when people started pouting here that they were podcasts, to be honest). 

And this is totally off topic, but this exact same issue rages on Slate's forums too. They are one of the leading podcast producers, and they still get this (whether a link connects to a podcast or an article) wrong.  So I guess I'm used to it? 

31 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Not Bryan apparently. There's an unaired scene on ABC.com of him and Dean talking about Bryan when he was on his 1 on 1 date with Rachel that essentially amounted to their saying Rachel is too good for Bryan, bringing up the sloppy seconds comment by Bryan, that they think he's arrogant and basically just making it clear that they don't care for him. 

Well, In that case I think he has good taste? I havent liked Bryan since day 1.   Didnt like the kiss.  Didnt like the sloppy seconds remark, and it made the kiss even grosser. Ymmv :).  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, fib said:

Well, In that case I think he has good taste? I havent liked Bryan since day 1.   Didnt like the kiss.  Didnt like the sloppy seconds remark, and it made the kiss even grosser. Ymmv :)

Putting aside that the woman in question herself had no issues with those things and seemed to go all in on those kisses, I do think it's funny that the guy who got dragged by many for his "go black and never go back" comment and the other who referenced Rachel being from the hood are judging Bryan as not good enough for Rachel for his dumb comment. Oh the irony.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sistersledge said:

I must be too old bc I don't find Peter attractive at all!

I'm not sure what age has to do with it.  I think different preferences sufficiently covers it. 

And thank goodness for preferences otherwise there would be a lot of lonely people.

• Love 4

I wish they'd stick to the format. Episode ending with rose ceremony. That's all I ask. But no, boring fake drama and "To be continued..." Every week!

Anyway, enjoying Oslo. Once these two knobheads are gone, and a few others, maybe we can just concentrate on romantic dates and pretty panoramas again.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I'll be amazed if she doesn't send both Lee and Kenny home.  She's clearly not into either of them, and and she doesn't like the drama.  I think Lee would've been gone two weeks ago if not for producer pressure.  Kenny is a nice enough guy, but I don't see Rachel with a pro wrestler/dancer.  I expect her to play the "I don't want to keep you away from your daughter" card.

You nailed it.  Really was the right thing to do. It was a throwaway line about her having dated someone with a child before. Then she knew what it means to the child if a relationship breaks up and they've been included in the relationship.  Given her previous relationship with a man who had a child she probably knew quite well that she wasn't looking to be a stepmother; she's looking to be a bride and then a wife and then maybe a mother.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/26/2017 at 9:29 PM, chocolatine said:

ETA: Now I can't get the Paula Abdul song out of my head.

Never thought I'd have a Paula Abdul song in my head after reading the Forum... thanks for that... Heh.

I'm in the Chicago Market that has this showing at 1am (like 20 mins from now!) so I was just catching up.

One thing about Kenny is his profession in to be the guy that gets under other guy's skin. Will attack a guy from behind and/or when he 'has the numbers' but when someone invites him to go 1 on 1 he'd weasel out of it and/or say they aren't worth it... He doesn't play a "good" guy on screen. So, I think some of that leaks into his personality as a side effect of being paid to be an ass but not actually being an ass in real life. That's why I hate him as a wrestler (as I should) but like him as a guy here; and I'm pulling for him.

Edited by Wandering Snark

I really don't care for Rachel. I don't think she's the worst bachelorette, but something about her is cocky not confident. She just comes off with a big head to me (literally and metaphorically). Also, how does she not see through Bryan's crap? I would be so turned off by a guy whose only conversation with me included making out and giving cheesy lines that sound like he got it from the internet and used it on every girl he's ever met. 

Dean and Peter can just leave the show and come to me :)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I really don't care for Rachel. I don't think she's the worst bachelorette, but something about her is cocky not confident. She just comes off with a big head to me (literally and metaphorically). Also, how does she not see through Bryan's crap? I would be so turned off by a guy whose only conversation with me included making out and giving cheesy lines that sound like he got it from the internet and used it on every girl he's ever met. 

Here's the thing, Jacklyn88: I think she DOES see through it. She just doesn't BELIEVE IT. She's the princess...er...QUEEN, and all the kings worship at her feet, so Lyin' Bryan must also. See, he's soooo overcome by her grace, her beauty, her very PRESENCE, that he's rendered speechless; all he wants to do is touch her, taste her, be with her....(gag)... Rachel's an idiot and I'm glad people are (finally, it's not just ME anymore!) starting to see it.  I still say Bryan reminds me of a not-so-openly-sleazy Josh. And Rachel, Like Andi, knows the Rico Suave type is her downfall but KEEPS HIM ANYWAY.

You wait. She's picking him. I'm calling it officially. It's gonna be Bryan, Peter, and Eric (because, black guy, black bachelor...by the end? You all are going to be SCREAMING for Eric to be bachelor, just wait) for Final 3. Then Eric gets his heart busted and is chosen as next/first black bachelor and we all yell at Rachel for not choosing Peter.

• Love 2
On 6/26/2017 at 10:42 PM, phlebas said:

This is the most anticipated "accidentally walked into a door frame" scene in TV history.

Dang, I was close.

Two weeks ago when that footage of Kenny's bloody eye came out, did anyone have "smacked in the face but a wooden Viking shield"?

We should have guessed.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Dang, I was close.

Two weeks ago when that footage of Kenny's bloody eye came out, did anyone have "smacked in the face but a wooden Viking shield"?

We should have guessed.

No -  my guess was something along the lines of a play with costumes, and acting out a scene -  makeup and fake blood.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:19 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

. I'm also a bit turned off knowing he was on another reality show not that long ago. 

What other show was Bryan on?

20 hours ago, sistersledge said:

I must be too old bc I don't find Peter attractive at all!

I don't think it has to do with age. He's ok looking, maybe a little above average. I don't see the hot, sexy guy that others see. He's also boring. 

• Love 3

Like many others, I love Peter. I have no time crucifying him for rhyming good and hood. All the men know of Rachel's privileged upbringing. Peter is just such a palette cleanser after Nick Viall. Eliminated Anthony and Dean are two other faves. I care about the franchise again. Hallelujah! I think Rachel is doing a great job and asking the right questions. Bryan's appeal is the only thing I don't quite understand. Is it that he makes her feel desired because I haven't been shown anything else?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, backformore said:

No -  my guess was something along the lines of a play with costumes, and acting out a scene -  makeup and fake blood.

That was my guess, too.  I still think that blood, on Kenny was fake. The other guy who was cut had real looking blood.  I am sticking with production enhancement.  

3 hours ago, phlebas said:

Dang, I was close.

We should have guessed.

I love you for this!  

Well, that never looked like a cut from a fight... I've seen too much MMA to believe that. I mean unless someone had a pointy ring on or something or it was an elbow strike which, again, in heated dust-ups just doesn't happen. I knew they were using it out of context basically so we'd all be waiting for 'the big fight' to go down. *rolls eyes* Nice try show.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Losemynumber said:

I don't think it has to do with age. He's ok looking, maybe a little above average. I don't see the hot, sexy guy that others see. He's also boring. 

I don't know what it says about me and the power of suggestion, but I didn't see Peter as attractive until I found out he was a model. Then I could suddenly see it, lol. I don't mind a low-key personality and kind of prefer it, but Peter is perhaps a bit TOO low-key. 

On 6/26/2017 at 10:47 PM, TomGirl said:

Peter does absolutely nothing for me.  I think he's pretty but not handsome.  He's got that Jason Priestly 90210 look, and I was never a big Brandon fan.

Ha, that's funny because all I see when I look at Dean is David Silver.

It's starting to make me actually feel nauseous to listen to Lee. The less said about him beyond that the better.

If I absolutely had to pick one, it would be Kenny, hands-down, but frankly, I have no use for either of them. Kenny just cannot seem to ignore Lee's baiting (although, given how I feel about having to put up with Lee, I can only assume that pales in comparison to how Kenny feels having to put up with him, so I do cut him some slack there), doesn't seem to understand that getting up in someone's face and hissing at them is not exactly... un-aggressive, and repeatedly tosses around "little bitch" as a way to put a man down, and I'm not cool with that, even if Lee does deserve to be called pretty much every name in the book.

I fell a little for Will, though, when he tried to explain to Lee the implications of calling a black man aggressive. It was just so sweet and innocent of him to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe that he just didn't know. Will, honey, that fucker knows exactly what he's doing.

Finally, I'm a little sad that Jack turned out to be such a dud. On sheer looks, he was actually my favourite. Oh well. Team Anthony now, I think.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/29/2017 at 6:04 PM, halkatla said:

It´s all about Will or Anthony. Trust.

Spoiler

Since they've both been eliminated, what do you mean by this?

Edited by OnceSane
Added spoiler tags

I liked Rachel's date with Eric, it was one of the few dates that looked like fun. They were both enjoying the scenery and laughing a lot. I think she likes Eric because he brings out the fun side of her personality. I don't see it going anywhere though-he just seems young compared to Rachel. I really liked Will, thought he was handsome and very smart, but I think she figured out he wasn't that into her. I don't know, I think there are different ways of being into someone, but he did seem very reserved. 

16 hours ago, TomGirl said:
  Hide contents

Since they've both been eliminated, what do you mean by this?

What? I haven´t watched that episode! OOps, my usually 90% accurate tv intuition is way off on this season, it seems. Now I haven´t got a clue who she could pick, probably the guy she´s always kissing...

(edited)

I can't stand Lee but I can't stand Kenny either. He uses his daughter  to seem sympathetic. If you loved and missed ur kid thst much you wouldn't Leave her for 5 weeks to be a famewhore on TV. I can't believe Rachel kept him after he left her to go yell at Lee some more., he's incredibly immature and  childish and I agree he'd be verbally abusive  to a woman he was angry with.  He's so fake. Oh, Rachel I'm not that person. Hold on a minute Rachel I need to go be that person I said I'm not. 

Edited by kira28

I just watched the goodbye between Kenny and Rachael.  It was one of the best scenes from this season.  Both of them wanting something but just not finding it there.  It was a sad goodbye handled with dignity.  As Kenny left I had in the back of my head maybe things won't work out with whomever she chooses and she'll send Kenny a text.  Wishful thinking.