Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Week 5: Norway

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I wonder if Rachel feels like a fool watching it all play out now.

I think she's just fine with it, because she knows she had no choice.  Just like every other lead before her, she has only a few decisions that she can actually make.  And when they go is not one of them.  She knows what she signed up for and she's playing by their rules.  

At this point, we know she's already absolutely decided on her top 2.  She couldn't make it any more clear.   But all the other choices are in the hands of the producers and she has to follow their script.  

• Love 3

I'll be amazed if she doesn't send both Lee and Kenny home.  She's clearly not into either of them, and and she doesn't like the drama.  I think Lee would've been gone two weeks ago if not for producer pressure.  Kenny is a nice enough guy, but I don't see Rachel with a pro wrestler/dancer.  I expect her to play the "I don't want to keep you away from your daughter" card.

• Love 8

Of all the guys left  - the only ones I really like for her are Anthony and Will. I like Dean, Kenny, Matt, Alex and Bryan - but don't see them with her for one reason or another. Lee, Josiah and Eric - she should toss to the curb as I don't think any of them are in it for her - but for their own self adulation and the hopes something will come of this.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

She was the aggressor who suggested the hot tub, she is really into Peter physically.

Yes she obviously is. That's been clear since their first 1 on 1. In my opinion, the problem is I don't see the same interest on Peter's part. I get all the comments about his being in therapy after his last relationship as he told Rachel and so he's cautious, etc. but I'm sorry, if a person wants to be cautious and take their time building a relationship and getting to know someone before deciding if they're fully in, this show isn't it. As people always joke, the show is like speed dating on crack.

And for the record, I'm not saying that Peter has to only want to make out with Rachel and not talk at all. We saw how much talking Vanessa and Nick seemed to do last season, even if many had not so great opinions of her because of it. But at least with those two, despite all the talking, I believed they were into each other physically. Peter just doesn't seem that physically and passionately into Rachel, which is why I keep saying I believe he likes her well enough as a person. I just don't buy a passionate chemistry. 

Interestingly, former Bachelorette Desiree, tweeted last night that Bryan reminded her of her Chris. I thought that was funny since I've seen so many compare Peter to Chris. And to be honest, I don't really see the Bryan and Chris comparison myself. But I wondered if what Desiree was really saying is that like others have said, she's getting flashes of and seeing shades of Brooks in Peter, where similarly she was all over him, all in and he just wasn't in that place with her and never got there.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, tessat said:

Of all the guys left  - the only ones I really like for her are Anthony and Will. I like Dean, Kenny, Matt, Alex and Bryan - but don't see them with her for one reason or another. Lee, Josiah and Eric - she should toss to the curb as I don't think any of them are in it for her - but for their own self adulation and the hopes something will come of this.

Where do you stand on Peter?

8 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Mr MML thought Jackstone stole Nick Viall's mannerisms, the smile, the looking up at the camera under his eyelashes, the way he sits, all the little endearing traits that made me want to vomit every time he was in front of any camera he could get near.

Ha.  Great call.  

One problem: he is not as handsome (with his long pointy face) or charming (with his inability to read Rachel) as Nick.  So it didnt work. 

Did anyone get a weird racial "i dont want to be seen in public with you" vibe from his "i want to lick the door" comment? I dont think he meant it that way, but I think Rachel read it that way withher very cold response. And when you combine that with the hypersexualization of Black women, Its not a great look for Jack.  

Loved Rachel schooling Josiah:  "youre very smooth, but you dont ask about me". Step it up Josiah!

• Love 3

Peter is my favorite but he seems like a Bachelor pot o' gold so I don't think she's going to end up with him. If I recall correctly, the lead rarely ends up with the person they took on the first one-on-one.

Bryan rubs me the wrong way for many reasons, but he's getting the Catherine Giudici edit so I'm calling their engagement now. Rachel is perceptive and that's one of my favorite things about her. She should listen to her gut because Bryan is too slick for my tastes. I'm also a bit turned off knowing he was on another reality show not that long ago. 

Dean is the kind of adorable that you get around and you just turn dumb. I'd be struggling to string a sentence together around him and I'm a professional writer and editor. He's too young for Rachel (and for me) on paper, but I'd probably go for him over all the rest in real life. He seems like the kind of guy who'd keep life fun and light. I think he's mature but not elder statesman-ish like Peter. Peter might be too reserved, and too good-looking. 

There are some hot guys there but many of them I've never heard speak. And that's because we are spending way too much time on The Ballad of Lee and Kenny. I'll say it plainly: I don't like either of them. Rachel should send them both packing. I think both are maladjusted misfits, but the big difference is that Lee is a producer-created villain while Kenny is just being played to look like a fool. None of this feels real on any level and that blood on Kenny's eye looks fake (I would know, I once acted in nightly murder mystery dinner theater).

At the very least, we've reached my favorite part of the season - love abroad! The Nordic countries are really big on my list of travel spots right now.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Bryan rubs me the wrong way for many reasons, but he's getting the Catherine Giudici edit so I'm calling their engagement now.

What is the Catherine Giudici edit? I thought Catherine was pretty well hidden until later on.

• Love 4

I'd love to see Will hang around long enough to be considered as the Bachelor.  I don't think it will happen (either him sticking around long enough or him getting the Bachelor gig, but I like him.  He's hot and handsome and seems like a like, smart, level-headed guy, therefore, he's definitely not lasting.

Hope she ditches Lee and Kenny.  I like Kenny, but he is like Eric, far too emotional and letting other people push his buttons.

Bryan does nothing for me but he clearly does for Rachel.  I liked Peter, but "She and I"... well that killed it.

• Love 8
Just now, waving feather said:

What is the Catherine Giudici edit? I thought Catherine was pretty well hidden until later on.

We're at week 5 into 6 now - that's when Catherine emerged as the real front-runner. In Sean's season, it was all about Ashlee in the beginning, much like it's all been about Peter up until this week. This is usually when another contestant blows the others out of the water. Frankly, I didn't even know Bryan was on the show until last week. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Where do you stand on Peter?

I like Peter but I just don't see them together. I think he does like her - but feels he's not convinced that this is the way he'll meet his future partner. Whereas Bryan has total faith in this process and is "falling in love" despite Peter liking her - he's still unsure of this concept as a way of meeting someone. Bryan seems like a great guy and may be above board with his feelings - I'd like to think that there are guys like this still out there - but it feels too rushed - and maybe that's because in their mind they have this time constraint - either they let it all out or loose the chance of a possible connection.

My husband and I met in July - by Sept he proposed and we were married in April - we've been together 37 yrs - but sometimes I think what if we hadn't rushed into it but taken things slower - would things have been different. At the time most of our friends were married with kids - at the ripe old ages of 22 and 24. We definitely love each other - but I sometimes think it was lust and the fact everyone else was already married - rather than true love as the reason we got married.

Dean is adorable but way too young for her as far as I'm concerned. I love Kenny - but don't think they are a great fit. Eric - too insecure and then he gets into a gangsta role - Josiah - Rachel is a trophy - nothing more - Lee - just a fool - almost as bad a waboom - he deserves to be punched and have that smirk wiped off his face. Alex - just don't see a connection. Matt I like a lot - but I don't see that connection again.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, tessat said:

There's a Matt??!!! Has he spoken?

• Love 9

I wouldn't discount Dean as the winner or the next lead because of his age. Hubby and I are 6 years apart (I'm older) and married when he was 25. Coming up on year 29 soon. Dean has more maturity in his little finger than half the guys put together. 

I am amazed at how Kenny just keeps taking the bait. I'll bet watching back now, he could kick himself!

I think Peter is approaching this more cautiously, which isn't a bad thing IMO, given the nature of the show. And damn, he is so very good looking.

I love Alex, I hope we see more screen time of him. Even if he does pee in pools, LOL!

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Peter is my favorite but he seems like a Bachelor pot o' gold so I don't think she's going to end up with him. If I recall correctly, the lead rarely ends up with the person they took on the first one-on-one.

Bryan rubs me the wrong way for many reasons, but he's getting the Catherine Giudici edit so I'm calling their engagement now. Rachel is perceptive and that's one of my favorite things about her. She should listen to her gut because Bryan is too slick for my tastes. I'm also a bit turned off knowing he was on another reality show not that long ago. 

Dean is the kind of adorable that you get around and you just turn dumb. I'd be struggling to string a sentence together around him and I'm a professional writer and editor. He's too young for Rachel (and for me) on paper, but I'd probably go for him over all the rest in real life. He seems like the kind of guy who'd keep life fun and light. I think he's mature but not elder statesman-ish like Peter. Peter might be too reserved, and too good-looking. 

There are some hot guys there but many of them I've never heard speak. And that's because we are spending way too much time on The Ballad of Lee and Kenny. I'll say it plainly: I don't like either of them. Rachel should send them both packing. I think both are maladjusted misfits, but the big difference is that Lee is a producer-created villain while Kenny is just being played to look like a fool. None of this feels real on any level and that blood on Kenny's eye looks fake (I would know, I once acted in nightly murder mystery dinner theater).

At the very least, we've reached my favorite part of the season - love abroad! The Nordic countries are really big on my list of travel spots right now.

THIS! THIS! and THIS!  I don't hate Lee. Lee is necessary. If  I'm trying to weed through men for a potential relationship, I want to see how you deal with conflict. When the fantasy fake dates and such disappear, this is what you will be living with. Based on the after math of "Hurricane Lee" the  Losers are  Kenny, and Eric.....

• Love 2

They need to get this Lee/Kenny manufactured drama over ! It's boring as well as stupid. I like Kenny, but Lee lying about him,I can see why he's angry. Let's see some of the other guys! She called Matt and I didnt know we had a Matt.

Boy, Rach really is a aggressive kisser. She sees what she likes, and she goes for it. !Peter was right, she is super easy to read. She was  bored with creepy John Stone, and he couldn't tell.

I like Bryan, he , like Peter has a quiet manner about him. I like Will and Josiah.

• Love 2
Just now, scribe95 said:

Well sounds like I made a good choice to skip it. I don't want to feed into this Lee/Kenny nonsense. And it still hasn't happened yet?

No, TPTB think we love this! ( eye roll) 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Venee said:

THIS! THIS! and THIS!  I don't hate Lee. Lee is necessary. If  I'm trying to weed through men for a potential relationship, I want to see how you deal with conflict. When the fantasy fake dates and such disappear, this is what you will be living with. Based on the after math of "Hurricane Lee" the  Losers are  Kenny, and Eric.....

Well if that is why he is was put there to see how they deal with conflict - then most of them fail in my book - because I expect a guy to be respectable but call a butthead like that out. Will at least attempted to tell Lee how he came across - giving him the benefit of the doubt - that he didn't realize what that term means to many black men. The guys see the drama - but few have each others backs - I want a guy who is not afraid to speak up if someone is doing something wrong. Even Will ran to the door to see if the 1st outside conversation between Will and Kenny will result in a fight.

Sorry - but this is grade school BS - you don't have to get right in the middle of it - but I appreciate a man who can say - what you are doing is wrong.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, tessat said:

Well if that is why he is was put there to see how they deal with conflict - then most of them fail in my book - because I expect a guy to be respectable but call a butthead like that out. Will at least attempted to tell Lee how he came across - giving him the benefit of the doubt - that he didn't realize what that term means to many black men. The guys see the drama - but few have each others backs - I want a guy who is not afraid to speak up if someone is doing something wrong. Even Will ran to the door to see if the 1st outside conversation between Will and Kenny will result in a fight.

Sorry - but this is grade school BS - you don't have to get right in the middle of it - but I appreciate a man who can say - what you are doing is wrong.

I agree in principle.  But I think that in settings like this it's easier said than done. 

Time and again we've seen reality contestants like Lee, who stir shit in a really offensive way, but are able to do it with a calm demeanor and a smile on their face.  

They're pros at not getting baited into shouting or physicality when someone calls them out, and yet find ways to "calmly" stoke the fires even more.

In that settings it's extremely hard for the person or people calling the asshole out to not lose their cool. 

And, more often than not, the person who calls the asshole out gets sent home themselves, either as the path of least resistance to "keep the peace", or because in the process of calling the asshole out they torpedoed their own game.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, tessat said:

Notice I didn't include Will. (I actually just typed out a longer response to this episode, including how impressed I was with the way Will handled Lee. My laptop died and I lost all of it lol ) I'm going to try and retype what I can remember.   

• Love 2

OK, Lee is a little bitch who loves to rile people up with passive aggressive remarks and general disrespect. No doubt about it. But I am also not okay with Kenny's flavor of trash talking - it always involves some kind of physical threat. I don't think he would actually DO anything to hurt anyone but it's still jarring to hear about someone getting their asses whooped blah blah blah.

Both of them needs to grow up.

Will, Eric and Bryan, on the other hand... They are my favorites at this point. Will was so AWESOME when he was trying to explain to Lee about how his words may have affected Kenny. Lee tried to make excuses but for the first time, because of the manner Will very patiently explained to him, I saw him back down from his jackassery for a minute there. We need more people like Will in the world. Why isn't Rachel paying more attention to him?

I am liking Eric a lot in the past 2 episodes too. He may rub some people the wrong way but he appears to have integrity for the most part and always speaks the truth, even if people may not be prepared to hear it. His observation is absolutely correct. Just as his observation was exactly right when he called Iggy a tattle tale and part of the problem.

Bryan may also rub people the wrong way, but I am all for men who are straight-forward and go after what they want. And I see a very natural chemistry with him and Rachel. And Bryan tries to stay out of unnecessary drama like most sensible men would.

I can't believe Jack would be so blind to the signals Rachel was putting out. Like, could she be more obvious that she was not into him? She looked repulsed when he tried to kiss her, OMG. And she was so low energy during the dinner portion of the date and just looked irritated. I would feel sorry for Jack, but he is terrible at reading body language.

• Love 5

I don't know if there will be a separate thread for tonight's Part 2 of this episode 5, but Chicago will have a Cubs game on according to the local station. No Bachelorette on the schedule for tonight. Doubtful the Cubs will be booted over this show :):.

12 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I don't know if there will be a separate thread for tonight's Part 2 of this episode 5, but Chicago will have a Cubs game on according to the local station. No Bachelorette on the schedule for tonight. Doubtful the Cubs will be booted over this show :):.

Bachette is on here in AZ

That's a shame that the ABC station in Chicago is showing Cubs, not Lee/Kenny round 15.    Do they have a secondary station that will be broadcasting Bachelorette!!?  I know some of our local stations have secondary stations that when they bump national programming for something local, they show the national feed on their sister station. 

As for Lee/Kenny, what a mess of a storyline that turned out to be.   And not at all amusing or likeable.   At least with other villains things weren't so awful as they are with Lee.   Bad, bad, bad, bad casting decision.

And Alex, please keep being your dorkable self as I needed a new TV boyfriend.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, roses said:

Still feel Bryan is playing a role for the show, I'm not buying what he's selling. He says all the perfect things, but they don't make me go awww. 

This, there is just something about him that is giving me player vibes.

Also was not a fan of the early I'm falling in love with you reminded of Robby during JoJo's season.   

Ugh, good call on the Robbie vibes, perfect analogy. Robbie was another one where I absolutely could not see what the lead was seeing. I guess that kind of plastic-y charm doesn't translate over the airwaves? Because Bryan, like Robbie before him, comes off as a super cheeseball player who is more focused on saying the right things than actually forming a relationship. 

But Rachel seems to be completely gone on him, to the point where the other guys know it. The conversation they had after she picked him up for the 1-1 was clear that they know he's a front-runner...well, they all know it except for Dean, who thought there was a chance Bryan might go home, lol. Josiah's giant grin with the "tell me more, Dean" remark had me rolling. 

Speaking of, I really enjoy Josiah with the other guys, but not with Rachel. He's clearly on super thin ice with her and they don't seem to be clicking. He's probably one of the next to go, but I could watch him hanging out with the guys all day. 

Also, was I the only one who thought it was a kind of rude and well icky for Rachel to go play hot tub tonsil hockey with Peter while on a group date, so a group of guys are just sitting there like idiots simply waiting for her to be done with her hot tub action? I mean don't get me wrong, by all means, have her hot tub action, it is par for this show after all, but save that shit for 1 on 1 dates. More and more I'm starting to agree with the guys from Two Bros and A Brick recap show who called Rachel the horniest Bachelorette since Kaitlyn.

I thought that was really odd as well. They had to go get changed, do the hot tub thing, and then get dressed again and come back. How freaking long were those other guys just sitting around? 

Also, that was more a straight up bathtub than a jacuzzi, so it was a weird scene to watch, like I was seeing 2 people in their private bathtub at home. 

Mr MML thought Jackstone stole Nick Viall's mannerisms, the smile, the looking up at the camera under his eyelashes, the way he sits, all the little endearing traits that made me want to vomit every time he was in front of any camera he could get near.

YES! That's exactly what I said. I think it was Joel McHale on Jimmy Kimmel who finally pinpointed for me what bugged me about Nick and it's that he constantly smiles while talking. But at least on Nick, I think it actually is just a natural quirk, while this guy seemed like he sat at home watching footage of Nick and copying these mannerisms. 

That entire date was so cringeworthy, I could not wait for her to put him out of his misery. From the very first moment, it was beyond clear that she wasn't into him. She was physically turned away from him in the carriage and her eyes were completely glazed over. By the time they got to her actually recoiling from his kiss, I was squirming with awkwardness. 

I'd love to see Will hang around long enough to be considered as the Bachelor.  I don't think it will happen (either him sticking around long enough or him getting the Bachelor gig, but I like him.  He's hot and handsome and seems like a like, smart, level-headed guy, therefore, he's definitely not lasting.

I think Will is going to be around until almost the end, even though he's not a front-runner. He's such a likable guy, fun and smart, and low drama. He's the perfect type to keep around for the numbers to try to throw the audience off the track that Rachel is racing down with Bryan. 

There's a Matt??!!! Has he spoken?

Matt is the guy who was in a penguin suit on night 1. He strikes me as the nice guy that doesn't do anything to piss her off, so he's another one to keep around while she needs numbers. He'll get the chop as soon as it gets down to serious contenders. 

Will, Eric and Bryan, on the other hand... They are my favorites at this point. Will was so AWESOME when he was trying to explain to Lee about how his words may have affected Kenny. Lee tried to make excuses but for the first time, because of the manner Will very patiently explained to him, I saw him back down from his jackassery for a minute there. We need more people like Will in the world. Why isn't Rachel paying more attention to him?

I am liking Eric a lot in the past 2 episodes too. He may rub some people the wrong way but he appears to have integrity for the most part and always speaks the truth, even if people may not be prepared to hear it. His observation is absolutely correct. Just as his observation was exactly right when he called Iggy a tattle tale and part of the problem.

Will handled Lee very well. He said his piece, wouldn't let Lee bait him into saying anything bad about Kenny, and didn't get pulled into the mess himself. Eric kind of fascinates me. He's so deep in his head at this point and probably not cut out for this kind of show, but I find some if his conversations interesting, like the one with Anthony about how none of the other black men except for Anthony have gotten a 1-1. I liked Anthony's answer about how they were all different people so he shouldn't be lumping them in as one group just because they're black, but I could also see how Eric would wonder, especially since he is so in his head and constantly looking for clues.

I love Dean and Alex. Dean is handsome, emotionally intelligent, and fun to be around. Ditto Alex. He's really starting to grow on me. I love the almost boyish glee he has when he's around Rachel. And it seems very genuine. Not sure Dean is old enough to carry the Bach but hey he can't be any worse than Ben H. who was young also. I can imagine Alex would make a good Bach but I think he would be a better fit for BIP as it would showcase his adorable fun side. Regardless I hope these two go far.

These two are my favorites and based on their Instagrams, it seems that they're very good buddies. I actually think Rachel got a pretty decent group of guys overall, the Lees/Whabooms/DeMarios notwithstanding. 

Oh Lord, Kenny and Lee. Lee is irredeemably horrendous, but WHY does Kenny insist on poking the Slytherin? Just let it go, Kenny. Let. It. Go.

I think I'm ready for both of these guys to go. Lee's an unrepentant asshole, but Kenny's inability to avoid being baited is making me embarrassed for him. Just let it go indeed. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I'm also a bit turned off knowing he was on another reality show not that long ago. 

He was on the show 13 years ago.

And Bryan tries to stay out of unnecessary drama like most sensible men would.

I actually liked his scene with Kenny. It was clear he had no interest in being a part of any of the drama but he liked Kenny well enough and tried to help him not implode with the whole Lee thing.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

I haven't seen anyone mention the conversation between Anthony and Eric. Eric was insinuating that Rachel liked White guys better. (see Rachel if you had kept Iggy, you could have been informed of that little tidbit lol)   Anthony's measured response and articulation of his thoughts was very impressive! I hope Rachel is paying attention to Anthony, if she's really serious about finding a potential life partner. Grace under pressure goes a long way in a real relationship away from the "fantasy suites". Eric OTOH can go at anytime. Can you imagine Eric's popoff if he was chosen by Rachel and had to watch the show back? The rage-o-holic potential is strong in that one.

My daughter and I watch the show together, both of us think Peters hurt and confusion at not getting the rose was just an act. We think Rachel most likely whispered into his ear that she was keeping him but wasn't going to give him the rose for appearances purposes during the hot tub tango.....

Bryan and Rachel have not had one meaningful conversation (that producers have shown) Deans little call out of Bryan was telling.. anyone notice that? He's not buying it.

Speaking of Dean, he's young, but for some reason it doesn't bother me. Visually Rachel looks the same age as he does (not that it matters, but something I noticed). I will say this: The conversation Dean had about his mother was the single most authentic moment on this season of The Bachelorette. 

Alex and the letters (do we like this?) I'm neither here nor there..

Hopefully Will is on her radar. The way he handled Lee was perfection! That's partner material!

Josiah can go... my cringeometer goes into overdrive when he's talking to Rachel. I wince...., I put my hand over my eyes.... He doesn't have self awareness either. The producers are having a field day with him. Last week he was carrying on with the Trophy kissing it, while Rachel was in the back kissing Peter.... yikes man!

I agree with the person upthread who said Kenny's injury is most likely from walking into a wall or blowback from punching something out of anger and the shards nicking his eye.....

That one on one where Jack tried to make "Jack happen".... not much more to say that hasn't already been said....

Did I leave anyone out? There's a random guy left whose name I don't know, that can't bode well for him..

• Love 8

What really bothers me about the whole Lee thing is that the show is making a mockery of Rachel and black people.  They found Lee on Facebook and asked him to join the show.  There is no way, if found on Facebook, that they did not see his tweets.  I found an article where they spoke of Will and his discussion with Lee depicts the ideal of Lee and instigating an "angry black man".  The article also states that Dean implied that Lee only targeted the black bachelors.

I am putting the link in a spoiler box because there is a spoiler.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

They are showing it at 1:00 am-boo!

(edited)
2 hours ago, fib said:

Loved Rachel schooling Josiah:  "youre very smooth, but you dont ask about me". Step it up Josiah!

He's hot, and his bravado is HILARIOUS, but he's so damn immature.  It'd probably be hard to spend time with him.  His ridiculous personality is a distraction from his other good qualities, I guess.

Feel bad for these Chicago fans!  Here in Canada we have baseball on a different sports channel so I can flip back and forth ; /

2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

There are some hot guys there but many of them I've never heard speak. 

I think you're right about Dean.  

Anthony is the one I find most attractive, and I'm realizing now that Alex is probably super duper sexy in person.  I like these three.  Will is probably the best to talk to.

It's too bad about Kenny.  I was rooting for him, but this all kind of unraveled badly this episode.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, AudreyHorne said:

I think that Bryan is definitely making it to the Fantasy Suite and I know there's NO WAY he's going to choke in the Fantasy Suite so...

Rachel is way into him.

In the beginning of the show when they are sitting outside, I cracked up when they started into their heavy smooching and then the voice-over of Rachel is "I love my conversations with Bryan" LOL. The editors have some fun. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought the eric-Anthony convo was interesting because eric is the only black guy she likes. They have some sort of connection, though I don't quite get the dynamic, but her saying to him last week that she was worried about him and wanted him to see different sides of her really stuck out to me because she hasn't said anything like that to the other guys.  I also think she was into DeMario and he would've went far but he was a loser so... And I think Anthony and will are great but not putting in much effort on the romance side for Rachel; they come off as not that into her.   Still, I already see folks typing their thinkpieces for when she eliminates the last black guy. 

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Will handled Lee very well. He said his piece, wouldn't let Lee bait him into saying anything bad about Kenny, and didn't get pulled into the mess himself. Eric kind of fascinates me. He's so deep in his head at this point and probably not cut out for this kind of show, but I find some if his conversations interesting, like the one with Anthony about how none of the other black men except for Anthony have gotten a 1-1. I liked Anthony's answer about how they were all different people so he shouldn't be lumping them in as one group just because they're black, but I could also see how Eric would wonder, especially since he is so in his head and constantly looking for clues.

The Bach/ette enterprise has been criticized in past seasons for having a few Black contestants who are eliminated fairly quickly, and for not having a Black lead.  So, yeah, Eric's comment made sense - they finally put a Black woman in the lead, and she seems to be overlooking the Black guys and going for the white guys, just like every white lead has done. 

And then, there's this bullshit:

41 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

What really bothers me about the whole Lee thing is that the show is making a mockery of Rachel and black people.  They found Lee on Facebook and asked him to join the show.  There is no way, if found on Facebook, that they did not see his tweets.  I found an article where they spoke of Will and his discussion with Lee depicts the ideal of Lee and instigating an "angry black man".  The article also states that Dean implied that Lee only targeted the black bachelors.

I am putting the link in a spoiler box because there is a spoiler.

WTF?   so Chris H told us that the show producers were unaware of Lee's racist social media presence.  Yet Lee says he was RECRUITED to be on the show, based on his social media presence.  

Now, I guess it's possible that there's some talent agency who recruits people for this show (so much for the open casting call commercial) , but the decision was made to cast a guy with racist attitudes on the first season that they feature a Black Bachelorette.   Someone made that decision, and it stinks.

• Love 13
(edited)

(see Rachel if you had kept Iggy, you could have been informed of that little tidbit lol)

Lol! I was a little surprised to see Iggy's tears at being eliminated...did he really think he was making any kind of romantic inroads with Rachel by being the tattletale, "protective" guy? I guess maybe he thought his intel was worth a few more weeks or he's one of those guys who think that if they talk enough shit about the guys a girl actually likes, he might end up dating her by default. Because that always goes well. 

I thought the eric-Anthony convo was interesting because eric is the only black guy she likes. They have some sort of connection, though I don't quite get the dynamic, but her saying to him last week that she was worried about him and wanted him to see different sides of her really stuck out to me because she hasn't said anything like that to the other guys.  I also think she was into DeMario and he would've went far but he was a loser so... And I don't think Anthony and will are great but not putting in much effort on the romance side for Rachel; they come off as not that into her.  

Why not give Eric a 1-1 though? Jack Stone was so important to her that she needed to spend a day cringing at his conversation and attempts to get physical? That guy seemed like classic rose ceremony cannon fodder. It seems like every other guy that she's truly into (Bryan, Peter, Dean) have gotten their time, along with some others that she doesn't seem that connected with, like Anthony and Jack. If they really do have some kind of connection and Eric knows it, I can totally understand why he'd be wondering why he's not getting a chance at solo time. 

ETA: Speaking of Jack, he really did a 180 after she let him go. From the creepy Nick-esque coyness and constant smiling to a complete shutdown of all facial expressions. I don't think he said a single word after she didn't give him the rose. Just the cherry on top of the awkwardness sundae that was that date. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Why not give Eric a 1-1 though? Jack Stone was so important to her that she needed to spend a day cringing at his conversation and attempts to get physical? That guy seemed like classic rose ceremony cannon fodder. It seems like every other guy that she's truly into (Bryan, Peter, Dean) have gotten their time, along with some others that she doesn't seem that connected with, like Anthony and Jack. If they really do have some kind of connection and Eric knows it, I can totally understand why he'd be wondering why he's not getting a chance at solo time. 

The process isn't over. And her fave just got a one on one, Brian.  My guess is eric will have one soon.  Who gets a one on one when is largely producer driven. IMO. They have to spread out the very few guys she likes, and considering Eric's insecurities, making him wait and doubt himself is good tv in their eyes.  I 100% believe they kept this convo in because they know Rachel is actually interested in Eric.  And the audience knows because her girls mentioned it during the mud wrestling ep. 

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 2

Speaking of Lee, I rocked my daughter's world when I told her that Lee's hair was channeling "Something About Mary" .....she had never seen "Something About Mary" and googled it...... I then simply told her "You're welcome" lol lol 

• Love 5

Venee, I was coming here to ask who that was telling Eric about Rachel NOT being race biased, and now I know it was Anthony. He went way to the head of my class with that convo. Anthony is my new tv boyfriend. Meanwhile, Peter went right off my list with his "She and I's relationship" sentence. Gah. Pretty only goes so far before the guy isn't pretty any more. AJ for the win. He looked great in his spandex gym outfit.

For some reason, I imagine swastikas tatted on Lee's chest.

I'm in Illinois and my ABC affiliate isn't broadcasting Cubs here until Friday night, vs. Reds. Check your local listings!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

He was on the show 13 years ago.

I actually liked his scene with Kenny. It was clear he had no interest in being a part of any of the drama but he liked Kenny well enough and tried to help him not implode with the whole Lee thing.

I really likes that about Bryan, I wasn't sure if I liked him, but I really do. I can see what she sees in him.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Venee, I was coming here to ask who that was telling Eric about Rachel NOT being race biased, and now I know it was Anthony. He went way to the head of my class with that convo. Anthony is my new tv boyfriend. Meanwhile, Peter went right off my list with his "She and I's relationship" sentence. Gah. Pretty only goes so far before the guy isn't pretty any more. AJ for the win. He looked great in his spandex gym outfit.

For some reason, I imagine swastikas tatted on Lee's chest.

I'm in Illinois and my ABC affiliate isn't broadcasting Cubs here until Friday night, vs. Reds. Check your local listings!

lol lol lol My ultimate pet peeve is "I seen"  if that comes out of his mouth,  I'll have to launch into the Tyra Banks monologue.....

• Love 4

I thought I was into Kenny and rooting for him, but he can't keep his cool over this and seems unable to take the high road.  During the rose ceremony he was standing next to Lee and making a slither snake gesture with his had - it seemed really immature.  

Also Lee is a tool.  Rachel keeps saying she does not want to be played or be made a fool of, I hope after she watches this back she bans Lee from the MTA.

Iggy's realization that he wasted his opportunity by talking about the other men constantly and being a tattle tale, glad he could self reflect on this finally, but too little too late.

• Love 2

Eeks...the second hand embarrassment was strong on the Jack Stone date.  Totally unaware.  I do think it was crappy that Rachel picked up the rose before dumping him (don't get me started on poor Fred).  You don't have to do EVERYTHING the producers tell you to do.

Totally and completely over the Kenny and Lee drama.  I don't watch this show for racial tension.  I don't find racially motivated "drama" interesting or dramatic, I just get mad about it.  Lee is a liar and knows exactly what he is doing any why.  Will was far too respectful and gave Lee way too much credit during their conversation.  I doubt Lee would extend that same courtesy.  Kenny I actually like him but he is playing right into Lee's hands.  He's kind of in an impossible situation.  I think Bryan is way too aggressive but I thought he was very kind to Kenny and gave him good advice.  Honestly I hope they both go home.

I haven't read all the comments but....why was Dean wearing his jockstrap OUTSIDE his uniform???  I thought it was hilarious, even more so because it just went unexplained.

Peter is gorgeous.  Oh my.  I got nervous he might go home when he didn't get a rose though.  I think Rachel is into him a lot.  Also Bryan and Dean.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

They are showing it at 1:00 am-boo!

Thank you so much! I did not find that--will set it to record.

38 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Not to get into trouble or anything, but why do you say "view the full article" when there isn't an article but only a podcast?  It's a letdown.

I know, I hate this. Just say "Listen to the full podcast." Which I'm not doing.

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Not to get into trouble or anything, but why do you say "view the full article" when there isn't an article but only a podcast?  It's a letdown.

Dear Previously.TV

ENOUGH WITH THE PODCASTS!!!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Whose bright idea was it anyway to do podcasts instead of written articles? And why all of a sudden are there fifty-eleven podcasts and only the shittiest of articles? Did the good writers quit/move on? Come on man....

Okay, I feel better now.

==========================

Back on subject.

Rachel and her huge, glaringly obvious crush on Bryan Reminds me of Andi and Josh. She knew it was a bad idea night one but couldn't help herself. And look how that turned out? Seriously, her fawning over, smiley wiley, melting into a freaking PUDDLE every time Bryan's NAME is mentioned reminds me of Andi and Josh. I don't like him with her. I thought him eating her face the first night and being so arrogant about how he's gonna "get" her was a turn-off.

Well. Hmmm....I wish them all the best...but I can't see it between them. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I'm in Chicago and checked the listings. Looks like The Bachelorette will be aired at 1am on ABC. My DVR did not catch it, so be sure you check yours if you plan to record it.

This Sox fan is not pleased that the show has been preempted by the Cubs. :)

• Love 1