Type keyword(s) to search

The Spouse House - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode 1:

"I'm Going to Get Married Here!"

Fourteen singles longing for love and marriage move into a place where proposals and weddings can happen weekly; everyone quickly forms romantic connections, including love triangles.

Airs July 9, 2017.

• Love 1

The first thing that caught my ear is that they selected people from Chicago. The same city that is giving us MAFS this season.  Was there just one huge casting call? A two-fer? I can't wait to see if someone indeed gets married. 

• Love 4

I think that it's a lot of pressure to put on these people. Someone has to get engaged or else someone is evicted. I'm scared that it will lead to rash decisions and heartbreak. Oh, what did I think that I was watching? This is made for the drama and histrionics not love and happiness. 

• Love 3
On 7/9/2017 at 8:02 PM, SuzyLee said:

This show is just one more trainwreck of hos, playboys, and fake drama, with so-called "experts" leading the way.  That field is pretty crowded already, wouldn't you say, TLC?

There are shows that are so bad they're good, but this one surpassed that. It's just awful. I mean, at least find some people who are remotely interesting.

• Love 3
On 7/9/2017 at 10:23 PM, Mindthinkr said:

The first thing that caught my ear is that they selected people from Chicago. The same city that is giving us MAFS this season.  Was there just one huge casting call? A two-fer? I can't wait to see if someone indeed gets married. 

I was thinking that the show seems like a MAFS knock-off, and these castmates are probably this season's MAFS's rejects. 

On 7/10/2017 at 8:16 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I think that it's a lot of pressure to put on these people. Someone has to get engaged or else someone is evicted. I'm scared that it will lead to rash decisions and heartbreak. Oh, what did I think that I was watching? This is made for the drama and histrionics not love and happiness. 

7 hours ago, orangeiguana said:

There are shows that are so bad they're good, but this one surpassed that. It's just awful. I mean, at least find some people who are remotely interesting.

Missy is definitely not boring. She's so obnoxious though, I wouldn't mind seeing her be evicted right away.

What a funny coincidence that not only Kelli Jo and Tom know each other, but they also previously dated ten years ago. I wonder whether the casting directors knew that. 

It might have been more entertaining if they were matched up on MAFS though. 

"Surprise! You're marrying a stranger!"

"Wait...I know you!"

• Love 5
(edited)

I still don't get it, at least one couple has to get engaged in the first week (and who knows what a week is for filming sakes, 3days?) or a couple goes home. Then new people come in? I thought this was going to be like paradise hotel, that you had to pick someone each week to spend time with and a not picked person might go home. 

I also thought of married at first sight when I saw Chicago, but that was filmed a year ago by a different production company. It had to be a big city to get enough people , so I understand Chicago again but why not film in Chicago or at least the Chicago area? 

The only couple that interested me a little was the child therapist and the server that parents died. I bet I'll be disappointed and he will go for a new temptation girl. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 1

I don't understand the premise.  Whoever "doesn't" get engaged has to go home after a week?  Or, does one engagement save the rest of the group.  Does the engaged couple then leave the house or stick around for temptation?  I am assuming that new people keep coming in.  If everyone leaves each week that doesn't get engaged then it will just be a revolving door and kind of hard to keep people straight (making it hard to even care what happens to them).

BREAKING NEWS, Chicago, IL  The local health department is astounded by the sudden increase in the number of people seeking treatment for STDs.  In a desperate attempt to slow the outbreak, a cease and desist order has been issued for the new reality TV show 'The Spouse House.'

• Love 8

I have hope for the firefighter and the flight attendant,  but I'm only halfway through the show.

Episode 2:

"The Grass Is Always Greener"

Missy's bold interruption during the Engagement Ceremony may have ended her time in the House; two love triangles are in full force, but as passions run high, hearts may be broken; all bets are off when the floor is opened for proposals.

Airs July 16, 2017.

• Love 1

I'm enjoying it, especially since "Dating Naked" has not made an appearance on my DVR this summer :). I think Chris (? the youth counselor) is a douche and I like the server girl with no family; I'm hoping she gets away from him soon!

• Love 5

This is a glorious train wreck. Can't keep my eyes off Tom "the dick" and Mindy, the aggressive woman whose clock is ticking very quickly. I'm invested enough that I while I didn't initially like Jimmy the firefighter, I am rooting for Kelli Jo and him to work out. He's being really sweet and I want her to stick it to Tom. 

• Love 2

I want to see people who have connections have to leave. No one with a connection will propose because they feel safe. This is just fun time for them.

I don't get why in the beginning, everyone got to choose their potential match, but now they are bringing in singles specifically for the two unmatched singles.  It's like they are making this up as they go along.  What if they don't like the guy/girl the experts picked for them?  Are they ejected from the house?  Why didn't they bring in 4 new people since they ejected 4?  I'm so confused!!

Also, can someone tell me what Chris sees in Missy??  She doesn't seem interested in a relationship at all, just getting pregnant.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just started watching this today, and it's so awful that I'm completely hooked. The man are mostly just boring bros and the women aren't very interesting either, at least the ones they've focused on. I liked Albert, but he got eliminated, so now I'm mostly interested in Jimmy and Kelli Jo, who seem sweet and relatively genuine for famewhores. Danny and Naya have potential too, if she decides she can trust him. I totally get why she's guarded, though. 

Missy is horrendous. Unattractive and overbearing. She's too gross to even be a good villain.

Edited by mauras
  • Love 1

So... was I hearing things or did Chris tell Brianne that she had "a really tight pooper"? OK, first of all, if that's what he said, gross. Second, if I were Missy I'd be pissed he said that to another woman, and that he said that at all. 

I saw on the preview that Missy doesn't believe in vaccinating kids. So, not only is she overbearing and obnoxious, she's stupid too. She and Chris deserve each other.

Now that Danny and Yesnaya got married, do they stay at the house or leave?

This show is my new hate watch fave.

• Love 4

I noticed that Missy is quieter and more mellow now that she has had sex. I think she has worn out poor Chris in the bedroom.

Ashley Lauren keeps hanging on Tom, hanging on his back or his shoulder. I guess that is how she is showing him that she is all into him. She seems a little messy to me too.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Danny and Yesnaya have grown on me-  I know this is reality TV, but I'm rooting for them. Her son is so cute. It would be great if things actually work out between them, they seem like a good match.

Naya did make a beautiful bride and it was nice how she tried to include his parents and tried to reassure them that it was a real relationship (as real as a 2 week relationship can be!)  Hope it works out for the son's sake as well.

• Love 2

We really don't see the couples discussing anything that might help them decide on a spouse. I would thing they should talk about their lifestyles, dreams, money sense, children, extended family life etc etc. Before I married one of these guys, I would want to know more about them than what they like to drink. Well that's just me....

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Irish Springs said:

We really don't see the couples discussing anything that might help them decide on a spouse. I would thing they should talk about their lifestyles, dreams, money sense, children, extended family life etc etc. Before I married one of these guys, I would want to know more about them than what they like to drink. Well that's just me....

I was rather surprised at the lack of conversations.

• Love 2

Danny's mom's 'WTF is going on here' face... looked pretty real; can't blame her really.

Also, seems kind of irresponsible to marry someone after a few weeks on TV when there's a kiddo in the mix, but maybe that's just me.

The 'pooper comment' was awful.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Is this a real show???  I mean...are they really getting married?  

I am watching way too much TV.  That's what happens when you break your foot. 

I've wondered how 'real' this is myself.

So sorry; hope you heal well & quickly Jellybeans

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I've wondered how 'real' this is myself.

So sorry; hope you heal well & quickly Jellybeans

I keep thinking it is not real.  There simply is not enough...relationship or should I say plot development going on.  It is jumping from hello to I do.  It isn't a married at first sight show...

• Love 1
On 8/1/2017 at 2:19 PM, Irish Springs said:

The trial marriages seem to be all about sexual chemistry and not much else!  I don't know why I find this so entertaining--I guess it's like the train wreck you just can't look away from.  Here are my odds for a relationship (lasting more than 6 months) to work:  

Ashley & Tom--10 percent.  They are already fighting and this is the "honeymoon" stage!  They may get married on the show so they don't "fail" but I don't think it will last.

Jimmy and Kelli Jo--75 percent.  Jimmy seems pretty level headed about this and is doing his best to sweep KJ off her feet.  I think she will realize he is what she has been asking for (someone who chooses her first) and will say yes.  They seem like a decent match.

Danny and Naya--75 percent.  They seemed like they actually talked about what life would be like after the wedding, which gives me hope!  Especially since there is a child involved.

Missy and Chris--100 percent, because Missy will FORCE it to work.  Actually, I think they will get married, but once Missy has met her goal of "x" number of kids, she will quickly forget about her sperm donor--er, husband--and they will live separate lives.  I would not be surprised if she gets pregnant on the show.

The other two couples--there isn't enough information.  I do hope Bri will open her eyes about Chris.  I don't think he is a nice guy--sleeping with Missy and still flirting with her.  He seems like the type who would cheat--the grass is always greener!

Glad I'm not the only one watching!

Edited by Real4real
  • Love 5

Soooo I've never posted on here (or on any forum really) but I came across some information online that concerns me regarding Naya. Yikes. Certainly not consistent with how she was portrayed on the show. I feel guilty linking to these as a woman; there's nothing inherently wrong with promiscuity, but it seems like this is on the next level. I really liked her until she introduced herself to his parents, didn't like her jokey tone and how she called them "guys".  Blarf.  I always want these things to work out. Maybe she has changed since all of this went down.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwificTp5bvVAhUJ4mMKHY3DCuoQFghLMAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.topix.com%2Fforum%2Ffootball-players%2FT36TIBR17JGKKNUEO%2Fp2&usg=AFQjCNFLn5tvzE3c0i_dZqC5diFB7tKemw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwificTp5bvVAhUJ4mMKHY3DCuoQFghTMAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgossip.thedirty.com%2Fgossip%2Fchicago%2Fyesnaya-aka-trash%2F&usg=AFQjCNFkikWau8n7JBMfHM7f2r1NtkV79A

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwificTp5bvVAhUJ4mMKHY3DCuoQFghaMAo&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgossip.thedirty.com%2Fgossip%2Fchicago%2Fnaya-the-buck-toothed-golddigger%2F&usg=AFQjCNEVee7bFTZeQ_XPdqfTlXDSBZIu_Q

• Love 2

Loved Missy's meltdown tonight!!! wow!!! So much for falling in love in two weeks- easy to fall in lust when you don't know anything about the other person's real values or core beliefs.... I knew she was a nutter from the get-go.

I'm glad I stuck with this show- I think its starting to get good!!!

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 4

Hoping for a little help, does anyone recognize the house they are staying in from another reality tv show?

It seems very familiar, but I cannot place it. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

I am done with Missy.  A doctor, with medical training, and she is anti-vax?  After hearing the mess that is the measles epidemic in nearby Minneapolis, because some kids weren't vaccinated, I have no time for the risk this puts others in.

hoping this is enough for Missy to get sent home.  And I feel sorry for the other woman who loved Chris that left because she wanted him and couldn't have him.  Reunion show, please......

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, b2H said:

I am done with Missy.  A doctor, with medical training, and she is anti-vax?  After hearing the mess that is the measles epidemic in nearby Minneapolis, because some kids weren't vaccinated, I have no time for the risk this puts others in.

hoping this is enough for Missy to get sent home.  And I feel sorry for the other woman who loved Chris that left because she wanted him and couldn't have him.  Reunion show, please......

Missy is a chiropractor,  big difference. 

51 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

Missy is a chiropractor,  big difference. 

She bills herself as a doctor.  'Sports Medicine Doctor".  She says she has read the studies.  I am assuming she has read the one that was substantially discredited that claimed all sorts of problems.  If this is a dealbreaker for her, then so be it.  Better she finds someone with that philosophy, which has been so successful until now.

• Love 2

I am wondering how the heck, out of all the possible deal breakers there could be (religion, politics, money, in-laws, etc), did they get to vaccinations for their non-existent children?  

Anyone else think that Missy is bluffing with her threat to leave the house?  I think she is manipulating Chris to come around to her side.  I totally think Chris will fold--it's obvious that Missy wears the pants in this "relationship".

Tom and Ashley L can leave anytime.  They actually seemed relieved when the "experts" ended their trial marriage.  Why oh why are they back together?

I still don't get the dynamics of bringing new people into the house--so far, it is ALWAYS the newbies that get voted out.  What's the point?

• Love 5