Type keyword(s) to search

S25: The Wish List

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, McManda said:

If you're seeinterested to see Kevin McHale dance I'm pretty sure Artie danced in a dream sequence in ... season 1 to "Dancing with Myself". I remember him being pretty good.

Yes, he had a dance in a dream sequence in season 1.  I think he also had a dance in another dream like sequence in season 3?  So he had a couple moments, but not many, especially compared to the others.  But mad props to him for doing all the routines in a wheelchair

On 8/21/2017 at 3:33 PM, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

According to People, hopefully you were all Team Drew!!

Also entering the competition, Nikki Bella of the WWE and their Diva's reality TV show.

Two down, and I'm not already enraged. Decent start to a cast. YMMV, of course.

Interesting that both celebrities that People magazine released are twins.

Also, if Drew were paired with Cheryl, that would be the third Drew she was paired with.

Edited by madpsych78
Didn't want to make second post in a row
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Interesting that both celebrities that People magazine released are twins.

Also, if Drew were paired with Cheryl, that would be the third Drew she was paired with.

I'm thinking that Drew at 6'4" might be too tall for 5'4" Cheryl. 

Sharna might be tall enough for him, too. 

Peta's not my favorite so I'm hoping they're not paired together. But she's more palatable when I like her partner, so maybe it wouldn't be awful.

• Love 1

Cheryl has also been paired with basket ball player Rick Fox, who is 6'7". They mentioned how she kept telling him not to dance down to her (hunch over), she would dance up to him.

Edited by majormama
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, majormama said:

Cheryl has also been paired with basket ball player Rick Fox, who is 6'7". They mentioned how she kept telling him not to dance down to her (hunch over), she would dance up to him.

Yikes!  You're right, how could I have forgotten that?  I remember now the optics of their height difference were so visually distracting to me I found their dancing almost unpleasant to watch.  Not so much as Sasha and Terra, (good as they were), but distracting.  Now that you mention it, none of the female pros are exactly tall and, for all we know, we could get another NBA player again this time too.  Peta, at 5'7", is the tallest of the pros and they might yet need her for someone even taller than Drew Scot.  At least with Cheryl she's already experienced in choreographing for a much taller partner. 

I hope Michelle Kwan is doing the season, and I hope she's paired with Mark Ballas.  Mark would have a partner who could bring his artistic vision easily to light, and she is just so gorgeous to watch. Such a sweet lady who has gone through a tough time this year, she needs fun!  Moreover, she'd have a strong fanbase.

• Love 1

Twitter is buzzing about Lindsay + Jordan Fisher, which if true means she's got a contender. He'd fit as a former Disney kid (I guess he was in those Teen Beach movies) but he's done a stint in Hamilton as John Laurens/Phillip and was very adorable in Grease Live.

Partnerships so far according to Courtney of pure (putting these in spoilers because whatever else she's usually right on these) 

Spoiler

Nick Lachey & Peta

Vanessa Minilo/Lachey & Maks

Drew Scott & Emma

Nikki Bella & Artem

Jordan Fisher & Lindsey

Hints on some others:

Val & someone with a physical disability & an inspiring story

Alan & someone "older, but could have promise"

Sharna & "an NBA player who is not Kobe Bryant"

I'm excited for Val with a challenge. Maybe Bethany Hamilton finally? Another paralympian?

10 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Latest twitter-verse buzz over Mark's partner is coming up with the name Ashley Roberts (@ImAshleyRoberts).

She's apparently a former Pusssycat Doll, a tv host (for the travel/lifestyle show, 1st Look) and an "actress"...

This seems to be because she was over at a fight night party with him and a bunch of friends & pros last night. I would say if it were true you'd think they would be less careless with the social media, but I think I remember Paige being spotted in a similar situation before her season so who knows. 

Edited by kitcloudkicker

Based on the rumoured names I'm hearing here. Ashley Roberts would definitely do the show if offered. She isn't really big anymore in terms of projects that she does. She spends most of her time in the UK now because it's easier to find work. She'd be a brilliant dancer though albeit a massive ringer. I like both Drew Scott and Nikki Bella as well. Drew I think would do well, he's a housewives favourite and would probably be able to dance since him and his brother love broadway theatre and are both athletic. Nikki you'd imagine can move as well despite having zero dance background, although she'd have to be seriously careful not to hurt herself with the injuries she's carrying. Her and her twin sister do a lot of charity work and spend a lot of their time visiting children so I hope she does well.

Edited by Emily-D

I feel like I'm fairly well versed in pop culture and I had no idea who Ashley Roberts was by name. It's one of those things if she dances with Mark where she would probably be fabulous and a great dancer, but I'd question what sort of fanbase she has in terms of making it the long haul.  She would have to find a way to connect to the audience quickly.

It's not confirmed but I've definitely seen people throwing around Bethany Hamilton's name for Val's partner based on the description. 

Jordan is/would be a great draw for Lindsay.  He's obviously not a household name, but he has enough under his belt where I think he would appeal to more than the Disney set and it would be a break from the athlete types Lindsay seems to get of late.  Also he's pretty charming from what I've seen.

So far most of the other names I've heard could go either way.  People coming in with somewhat of a fanbase who are decently physically fit but with questionable dance talent that could go either way- The Lacheys, Property Brother, Nikki, etc.  I have yet to hear an obvious first boot name, though I'm sure there must be one.  Maybe Alan's partner?

I'm not hating the names so far, which is annoying because a part of me wanted to check out again this season.

9 hours ago, shoregirl said:

Ive been rewatching Scrubs and I kind of think that Donald Faison would be really good on the show.  He would be a nice nostalgia contestant with Scrubs and Clueless.

OMG! I would cheer for him even if he was with Derek .  

He would be great for this show, though I am not sure The show deserves him.

21 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Just out of curiosity, when are the S25 pages going to go up?

13 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

my guess is the S25 Contestant pages will start to go up shortly after the GMA announcement this week.

Yep, we usually wait for the official final lineup. :)