Type keyword(s) to search

S25: The Wish List

• Start Topic

Have we had enough time to process S24 and move on to the fall? I think we have...

Musicians

-Colbie Caillat, Lindsey Stirling, *Dave Grohl, Maren Morris, Charles Kelley from Lady Antebellum, Kevin Olusola from Pentatonix,  *Chance the Rapper

Actresses

-Constance Wu (Fresh Off the Boat), Lucy Hale (PLL), Katherine McNamara (Shadowhunters), Ariel Winter (Modern Family), *Nathalie Emmanuel (GoT), Amy Jo Johnson (nostalgia actress from Felicity and the original Pink Power Ranger), *Priyanka Chopra (Quantico)

Actors

-Kal Penn (Designated Survivor),  Nico Tortorella (Younger), John Cho, David Lambert (The Fosters), *Kristofer Hijvu (GoT and commercials)

Athletes

-David Robinson (retired NBA, love to see a 7 footer dance!), Michelle Wie (LPGA golfer), Paige Spirinac (aspring pro golfer and social media star),  Laird Hamilton (Surf Legend), Alex Honnold (the insane climber guy that just free-soloed El Capitan at Yosemite), Alana Blanchard or Anastasia Ashley (also pro surfers)

Others

-Geoffrey Zakarian (Chopped/The Kitchen), Katie Lee (The Kitchen), Jim Gaffigan (Stand up comic), Gabriel Iglesias (Stand Up Comic), Iliza Schlesinger (Stand Up Comic/Talk show host), Michelle Khare (Former Buzzfeed & Youtube Personality), *Anthony Bourdain (a man can dream), Andrew Zimmern (Travel Channel personality), Katie Nolan (FS1 sports media personality), Ryen Russillo (ESPN personality), Cassidy Hubbarth (ESPN personality, *Cat Deeley (So You Think You Can Dance host)

My asterisk picks are my pipe dream/pie in the sky wishes lol....

• Love 1
(edited)

I beg to differ lol.

She has great chemistry with the other Kitchen-ers (Geoffrey Zakarian who I also want to see on DWTS, Jeff Mauro, Sunny Anderson and Marcella Valladolid). Any of those five (or another 500 possibilities) would be better representation from the culinary celebrity world than racist (or racially insensitive if you must) Paula Deen who I'll never be able to unsee the horrors she and Louis hoisted on us.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
(edited)

Fun fact, Charles Kelley is the brother of singer Josh Kelley, who is married to Hollywood wildcard Katherine Heigl. Hmm ... Katherine Heigl would be interesting ... former solid B-lister looking to rehab her showbiz image.

I will second Amy Jo Johnson for the nostalgia vote alone (go Kimberly!), but I think she's also got the bubbly personality that would connect well with the audience and also a background in gymnastics that would help with her not being awful.

I'll throw my vote in again for a kinda on the nose showdown between Dean Cain and James van der Beek because I think that would be amazing.

And also a Property Brother, because I got my hopes up last season.

I would like to cast my vote against another gymnast, tyvm.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 3

I would kill for Daniel Gil (I'm a poet, haha), the American Ninja Warrior star. He is quite the Renaissance man and I think he already has some dance training, and he is extremely athletic and a very nice guy.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I would kill for Daniel Gil (I'm a poet, haha), the American Ninja Warrior star. He is quite the Renaissance man and I think he already has some dance training, and he is extremely athletic and a very nice guy.

I'd also like to see the host of the show Matt Iseman.  He's personable and since he has rheumatoid arthritis he would fill one of the "overcoming physical obstacle" slots

• Love 4

I would say no to any of The Kitchen staff until ABC daytime star Carla Hall gets her slot.

And come on, Sean Spicer, Rick Perry did it! Tucker Carlson too!

Yes, I should have made that clearer: Rick Perry and Tucker Carlson did it. Spicy and The Mooch can be on deck. Heck, the way things are going, they could do a special All-Political season with Sally Yates and Reince Priebus too.

• Love 2

Things getting speculate-y for next season: Derek says he knows someone who's confirmed, and he "thinks she'll be great." 

Anyone got guesses? Prime suspects of Derek-associated friends seem to be: 

Lindsey Sterling (Danced with Derek in one of her recent videos) 
Gina Rodriguez (Has been rumored before, had Derek on an episode of Jane the Virgin) 
Nina Dobrev (Actress, Bestie of Julianne) 
Arielle Vandenberg? (Social media star in the vein of Hayes from a few seasons back, sometimes actress, friend of Houghs) 
Dove Cameron (Disney/ABC associated, co-star in Hairspray) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Phebemarie said:

Wouldn't Gina Rodriguez's schedule make it impossible for her to join?  She's starting season 4 of Jane the Virgin soon.  

Maybe! I don't know anything about her schedule. Out of those 5 I think she's the least likely anyway - she's headlining a current show, she doesn't need it. As most likely, I'd be inclined to guess Lindsey (if she's not on tour,) Dove, or a person off that list I haven't thought of.

Edited by kitcloudkicker

Well, according to an interview on Variety.com, all the early random speculation buzzy people are no go's (that includes Demario from the Bachelor in Paradise and Spicey and Mooch from the Trump administration).

Supposedly all but a couple slots are already filled, and it's a "warm" cast with "lots of great dance ability".

As for the Derek tidbit, I'd say Dove Cameron might be the most likely out of that hypothetical list, followed somewhat closely by Lindsey Stirling who has been on my wish list since about S22. That's who I'd love to see.

• Love 1

I'd still love to see Neil Degrasse Tyson, who was recently on Celebrity Family Feud (so maybe he's open to more ABC hijinks?) and, pie in the sky wish, George Takei. Carla Hall, YES, since she's expressed such an interest. Weird Al Yankovic could really move 20 years ago and seems to have a good sense of humor. Allison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson) for nostalgia? Jane Lynch or Chris Colfer, to keep the Glee train alive.

Mary Berry, from The Great British Baking Show. I would vote for her until my phone overheated, then bake a boozy masterpiece over the flames. That'd be a bit of alright.

• Love 3

I'm thinking we might see Mike Greenberg of ESPN.   He's in the ABC family already and his current show on ESPN is ending as they ramp up his new ESPN morning show.  This would be a way to introduce him to a wider audience and transition him between his shows.  

Definitely not Gina Rodriguez.  She's making actual movies and too many conflicts with her Jane The Virgin shooting schedule.  No way.  She doesn't need this show. It could be Dove. She's basically done with Disney (unless they make further Descendants movies) but still has those ABC connections. Plus Descendents was recent and fairly big amongst the kiddies.  She's one that is looking to catapult herself from Disney into the next steps of her career and I don't think she has any major projects announced that would conflict at the moment.  

If there is any chance it's Dove, she might be good and able to hold her own, but I don't think she has any formal training.  So she's not as ringer-y as some past Disney/young people on the show. She would have performance chops but her technical would be a big question mark.

My wishlist is nobody associated with the current state of politics.

• Love 2
On 8/8/2017 at 10:30 PM, binky101 said:

Mary Berry, from The Great British Baking Show. I would vote for her until my phone overheated, then bake a boozy masterpiece over the flames. That'd be a bit of alright.

Yes, yes, yes!  A 100 times over!  Imagine have Sue and Mel as color commentary for her....  

• Love 2

The latest scuttlebutt seems to be that two "former pros" will return for S25 according to Tom Bergeron.

Now, if he's playing semantics then technically that could even be Jenna and Allison. But it feels like two, more "classic" former pros is what he's referring to and the heavy favorites in the speculative twitter-verse (DWTSGossip, Pure, etc.) are looking at Tony and Cheryl.

I'd love it if Chelsie H, or Lacey were given another season....so I will keep my fingers crossed. The GMA pro reveal is less than a week away (August 24th)....

• Love 1

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see an Argentine Tango to Amish Paradise. It would be the most clothes the female pro had worn in competition....

Edited by majormama
  • Love 4
(edited)

A couple more names for the "female star that is a friend of Derek Hough" speculation that happened upthread.....Kelsea Ballerini and Savannah Chrisley.

Kelsea almost seems like too good of a get for DWTS as a rising female country-pop star (she'd be at least a couple notches higher than Jana Kramer from two season's ago), while Savannah has had her name in the mix the last few rumor mills. Not really sure about either's friendship level with Derek though...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
1 hour ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

A couple more names for the "female star that is a friend of Derek Hough" speculation that happened upthread.....Kelsea BallerinI and Savannah Chrisley.

Kelsea almost seems like too good of a get for DWTS as a rising female country-pop star (she'd be at least a couple notches higher than Jana Kramer from two season's ago), while Savannah has had her name in the mix the last few rumor mills. Not really sure about either's friendship level with Derek though...

Kelsea is at least "pal around at events" friends with Derek, I've seen them pictured together. (I think she did one of the Disney World special things he was involved in?) I've never heard of Savannah.

Sasha has been fueling the Gina Rodriguez rumors on twitter, though he's almost 100% trolling. One, because of all the reasons upthread she's unlikely to be doing it (filming her show) and two because if they were paired I doubt he'd be sending her suspicious tweets for fans to over analyze.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Entertainment Tonight is tweeting that a Property Bro will be in the cast. Or they both will secretly take turns week to week lol.

So are we Team Drew or Team Jonathan?

People Mag online site just reported it's definitely Drew.  If I had been asked to vote, I'd have been Team Jonathan, but I'll be happy enough with Drew (*pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck*)

• Love 2

Yay, a Property Brother! I didn't much care which one, so Drew is fine. I second (or third) the hope that he's not super awkward and awful. He's got a good personality for the show at least, I think.

(No brother-vs-brother and get Jonathan, too?) 

Now I hold out hope for a 90s nostalgia mashup of Dean Cain and James Vander Beek.

And two former pros? Fingers crossed for not Allison. I wouldn't mind Cheryl or Karina back. Is it too soon post-baby for Edyta? As for guys, Tony seems most logical, but I also wouldn't mind Tristan, even though he seems to have disappeared from the DWTS lineup. Maybe Jonathan, except the show has gone too far away from standard ballroom for him to have any sort of chance again.

2 hours ago, McManda said:

Yay, a Property Brother! I didn't much care which one, so Drew is fine. I second (or third) the hope that he's not super awkward and awful. He's got a good personality for the show at least, I think.

(No brother-vs-brother and get Jonathan, too?) 

Now I hold out hope for a 90s nostalgia mashup of Dean Cain and James Vander Beek.

And two former pros? Fingers crossed for not Allison. I wouldn't mind Cheryl or Karina back. Is it too soon post-baby for Edyta? As for guys, Tony seems most logical, but I also wouldn't mind Tristan, even though he seems to have disappeared from the DWTS lineup. Maybe Jonathan, except the show has gone too far away from standard ballroom for him to have any sort of chance again.

Tristan's gone for good.  He quit Strictly a couple of years ago and moved to Australia with his wife and baby so he could concentrate more on being a husband and a father -- plus I believe he's got a tour in the works down there. As for Jonathan?  He doesn't even seem to have a presence on social media anymore since he and Anna got divorced a few years ago. And Anna herself is pregnant with her second child, so she's a no-go for this season.

1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

Which PB is Drew, the realtor or the construction guy?  I can never tell them apart.

Drew is the realtor.  He is, imo, the less charming of the two; buttoned down and serious Though both of the twins are athletic, Drew is the more athletic of the two.  For example, Drew is first-degree blackbelt, where Jonathan is second-degree.  Drew played college basketball, Jonathan did not.  But, both of them have zero dance background.  I'm expecting Drew to be pretty dorky and awkward, but it would be great to be surprised by him. 

On 8/8/2017 at 11:30 PM, binky101 said:

I'd still love to see Neil Degrasse Tyson, who was recently on Celebrity Family Feud (so maybe he's open to more ABC hijinks?) and, pie in the sky wish, George Takei. Carla Hall, YES, since she's expressed such an interest. Weird Al Yankovic could really move 20 years ago and seems to have a good sense of humor. Allison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson) for nostalgia? Jane Lynch or Chris Colfer, to keep the Glee train alive.

If they got someone from Glee, Jane and Chris would be interesting.  However, I'd really like to see Kevin McHale who played Artie.  His character was in a wheelchair so he didn't really get to dance like the others.  He's not a pro dancer but his cast mates said he was one of the better dancers out of the cast.

It'll probably never happen, but I'd love to see Shemar Moore on the show.  I'd definitely tune in if he was on :D

2 hours ago, jls1792 said:

However, I'd really like to see Kevin McHale who played Artie.  His character was in a wheelchair so he didn't really get to dance like the others.  He's not a pro dancer but his cast mates said he was one of the better dancers out of the cast.

If you're seeinterested to see Kevin McHale dance I'm pretty sure Artie danced in a dream sequence in ... season 1 to "Dancing with Myself". I remember him being pretty good.

28 minutes ago, McManda said:

If you're seeinterested to see Kevin McHale dance I'm pretty sure Artie danced in a dream sequence in ... season 1 to "Dancing with Myself". I remember him being pretty good.

He was in a minor boy band before Glee, and did boy band dancing, if you wanna go deep.

He'd be a fun one, I think.