Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

Mo may prefer men, but horny older women came to his rescue via Instagram. He posted a cutesie/wootsy photo of himself when he ran out of gas "what should I do?" and one of the fans brought him gas. It was one of the few times he thanked his fans profusely. 

A HAH! I always thought he is straight for pay, makes so much sense...he lived in a country where being gay is just not tolerated so he figured out a way to get out and come to America where we really don't care what side of the bread you butter.  Unfortunately he chose poorly and now will forever be linked to Danielle and she will never let go.

BTW, my BFF just posted a photo on Facebook when she ran out of gas, she has a brand new fancy BMW with every bell and whistle and still ignored the gas gage, the warning lights and the verbal warning (yes the car will tell you out loud you are low on gas) and still had to call road side assistance. She got a raft of shit for that stupidity. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Can someone explain to me why Jorge and Anfisa went looking at $7K/month houses right after he told her he is broke and in debt? Makes no sense. 

I thought they looked at that house before he told her that. I could be mis-remembering though. So don't quote me. :D

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I thought they looked at that house before he told her that. I could be mis-remembering though. So don't quote me. :D

You're right.

(edited)
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

Do not feel sorry for her. Pubic Zirconia/The Engagement Ringer is probably not her only friend. It's her TLC storyline ONLY friend.  Remember last season?  Mo said the same thing about Tom the Walmart guy. 

Whatever these yo-yo's say on the teevee should really be taken with a grain of salt.

I miss some of the real people that were featured on this show.  Only now for the hate watching and snark on the boards.

I guess I am a touch niave. I just tuned in late last season and thought Anfisa was the worst. I agree that her behaviour and the storyline is likely contrived by TLC. I guess being the daughter of Eastern European immigrants and as an adult hearing their stores of isolation and loneliness makes me feel bad for Anfisa. Just to clarify my parents came here and worked honest factory jobs, no gold digging there!

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Meh. I think it's only a problem if money is being wielded as power or as a weapon in the relationship. My wife is a housewife right now and just last week asked me if it was all right if she purchased a new vacuum. The only reasons she even asked was to make sure the budget could accommodate it and to let me know she intended to buy it. The answer was an immediate "yes" without hesitation. I've always told her that if she needs new tools, she should buy them. She works hard around the house and deserves to have tools that make that work as easy, effective, and efficient as possible. Of course, if I want to buy something, I also ask her. We don't do this for everything, of course; just bigger ticket purchases. I don't think she normally would have asked me about the vacuum, either; it just happened that her mother and our nephew were visiting us last week and the week before, which always affects the budget. She also gets what we refer to as an "allowance" for want of a better descriptor (we both hate that term because it implies power over money where none exists between us), which is hers to do with whatever she wants (naturally). I get upset with her if she uses that money for things for the house, which she sometimes does. I'd rather she use it to go to the salon or do things for herself, and leave the household needs to the general budget.

Anyway, I don't mean to say you're wrong, because there is no such thing. Every couple is different and different things work for different people. This is just what we do and it works for us.

Edited to add: I told my wife about this post and she said she would still have asked to purchase the vacuum because she feels like it would be disrespectful not to, even though she was sure I was going to agree with the purchase.

I think we're basically saying the same thing. There is a difference between asking permission and discussing a purchase. 

Edited by Cara
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Cara said:

I think we're basically saying the same thing. There is a difference between asking permission and discussing a purchase. 

True. I could be taking my wife phrasing it as a question too literally. LOL. Wouldn't be the first time!

On 6/27/2017 at 10:02 AM, LunaMia said:

I'm an adult too and currently stay home with 2 small children until they're old enough to be in school full time. No way in hell would I ask my husband for permission for anything in life, including buying myself something. But we have an Egalitarian relationship and trust and respect each other enough that there is no need for that.

The thing is, Jorge knew what Ansifa's intentions were and how high maintenance she is. I mean, she asked for a $10,000 purse before she even married him! The Emperor has no money. 

Paola and her thirsty friend were ridiculous talking shit about Russ, calling him a peasant and such. From what he's shown, he's been nothing but supportive of her following her ridiculous dreams. He's not acting like some jealous asshole who is trying to hold her back. Who cares how he looks, she picked him. He was good enough for her to move from Colombia to start a life with him. She wasn't even willing to consider Seattle, yet he is more than willing to move to Miami just to be with his wife. Also, her blonde hair looks ugly and washes her out. It kind of goes with her pendeja (stupid) attitude. 

I also want to toss my 2 cents in on this. I'm a stay at home mom to 4 kids, ages 15, 8, 7 and 1. I have never asked permission from my husband to spend money. I handle our budget and know how much I can spend, and I respect the fact that my husband busts his ass to provide us with a comfortable life so I can be home with the kids. The real issue with the Jorge and Anfisa relationshit is that Jorge is a liar. He promised Anfisa a life as a trophy wife. She surely expected leisurely days of shopping and lunches and a nice dinner out every night, and now he has her trapped in a dingy apartment all day and wants her to get a job to help pay the bills. She may be an awful human being, but she has always been upfront on what she was after. Jorge's sisters also need to get off their high horse, because their brother is no victim in this.

• Love 14
On 6/28/2017 at 1:41 PM, realitymaven said:

Mo may prefer men, but horny older women came to his rescue via Instagram. He posted a cutesie/wootsy photo of himself when he ran out of gas "what should I do?" and one of the fans brought him gas. It was one of the few times he thanked his fans profusely. 

He has fans??? Yuck!

• Love 1

I haven't watched the show in quite some time and was surprised to see some folks I remember!

Mo and Danielle, both of you used each other and kinda deserve each other, sort of. Mo, you lied to the lawyer about the green card. You had zero plans to stick around and play house with Danielle. Don't even know if he really wants a woman - he gives off a maybe gaybe vibe to me. An impressionable woman may fall for him, especially if he gives them attention and validation - the lure and hook. Danielle, all you really had to offer Mo was a green card. Cut your ways, you both got what you wanted. Getting him deported is a pretty clever idea that will probably come back to bit her but she also needs to take responsibility for her end of it.

The Russian girl (Anfisa) and the 'millionaire'? Girl, if he was really rich he would take care of himself better. Surprise for you to find out that he wasn't as rich as he claimed. Leave him, don't get married, there are a bunch of dudes who are rich who would probably want a young wife.

Pao and Russ I remember - like Mo and Danielle. Pao, no, Oklahoma isn't going to be your home unless you make some major adjustments. Both parties in the couple need to decide where to live. Miami has more of a Latin population, so she would feel more at home. Russ seems to be a genuinely decent guy and a lot of women would take him! He's not flashy but seems kind, decent, and solid. And Pao, it's unlikely you will be a successful model at almost 30. Maybe some catalogue or other small work. Too old for runway stuff.

The others? Didn't remember them, didn't see that season. They do seem like all they want is the green card and to bring the families over.

I have a feeling the Jorge and Anfisa are putting it on for the camera. There's too much Ricky Ricardo in his "acting."  The long rubs of his face, for example.

I may be proven wrong, but I feel like these confessions and confrontations are producer driven for drama. 

I think Russ and Pao have a chance of making it, but she was never going to be happy in Oklahoma. No matter how large the Latinx community is there, the difference from Bucaramanga and Oklahoma City has to be pretty striking.  I still think she should have tried out Seattle, but oh well. 

Danielle took a lot of pleasure in denying assistance to Mohammed. I can't decide if he's delusional or just stupid in believing she would help him. Previously she would have jumped at the chance, now that she wouldn't should have been a rather large hint that things weren't going to go his way this trip. 

• Love 2
On 6/28/2017 at 0:55 PM, poeticlicensed said:

I don't think so. It was Russ who was asking for extended time off to spend with Pao. I don't remember Pao asking him to take time off work, but I might be wrong. Unless his company was totally hard ass, which they might have been, I find it a little hard to believe that if he was a sterling employee and asked for extended leave that their reaction would be to fire him. I assumed there were issues at work after he got back from South America.  Even if their employment/geography situation works itself, those two are not suited. Pao wants to be out and about, Russ strikes me as a guy who is happy just to sit in the recliner with a beer. It's only going to get worse the longer they are together.

Can someone explain to me why Jorge and Anfisa went looking at $7K/month houses right after he told her he is broke and in debt? Makes no sense. 

Jorge and Anfisa went shopping for houses that were $7K a month because producers told them to?

The Russ/Pao thing is not going to work out.  She is a sweetie but there ARE a million girls who are younger and prettier in Miami, like someone else said upthread.

What happened to Pao's deisgn business. She was designing shoes and maybe clothes. She had done this before she meet Russ and started it back up again in OK. The items they showed  seemed good. No place in the US has it all, trust me I have looked for the perfect place.  FL isn't some utopia she thinks it is. If she complained OK was bland why didn't she try and make her business a retail site not just online? If Russ was offered a job in Seattle, she could have easily opened a business there as well. Seattle isn't a boring place to me at least. I just think designing clothes and shoes while not the most stable industry is a lot easier to make money in and than modeling.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, silverspoons said:

What happened to Pao's deisgn business. She was designing shoes and maybe clothes. She had done this before she meet Russ and started it back up again in OK. The items they showed  seemed good. No place in the US has it all, trust me I have looked for the perfect place.  FL isn't some utopia she thinks it is. If she complained OK was bland why didn't she try and make her business a retail site not just online? If Russ was offered a job in Seattle, she could have easily opened a business there as well. Seattle isn't a boring place to me at least. I just think designing clothes and shoes while not the most stable industry is a lot easier to make money in and than modeling.

She got her 15 mins of fame and thought she can become a MODEL/actress.  If she was smarter, she would have been pushing the design business.

• Love 3
(edited)

Russ dyed his hair and beard blonde...or maybe yellow.  Hope he didn't pay $450 for that dye job like his wife did (as he's sitting there telling his friend how broke they are).

Hmm, in later scenes it doesn't look blonde.  Maybe it's just the lighting?

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 2

Anfisa flips out on Jorge for lying; Mohamed faces Danielle and her family; Pao gets a reality check in Miami while Russ has to make a choice about his marriage; Loren comes clean to Alex; Pedro faces Chantel's family.

(edited)

I'm to the point where my thoughts concerning these people can be summed up in single words:

Russ: Steamrolled

Pao: Frustrating

Chantel: Boring

Pedro: Boring

Danielle: Deluded

Mohamed: Slippery

Loren: Groveling

Alexei: Hypocritical

Jorge: Pathetic

Anfisa: Batshitfuckingcrazy (it's one word just for tonight)

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 22

Thanks Drogo for setting up the topic!

Now to tonight's episode:

Jorge and Afasia - Jorge thought that she was kidding when she would tell him that she was only wanting him for the green card and the $$.   Yeah. I think Jorge is the one trying to bs the audience.

Chantel & Pedro - I still think brother Chantel might be a bit of "flower in the attic" for the sister. Just get over it.

Mo & Dani - I think she still thinks she can win him back.  She does go through in cancelling the 2nd annulment if memory is correct.

Alexi and Loren - The thing about the strippers is stupid. Just get over it. It's not like either of you had hookers at the bachelorette/bachelor parties.  And why are they eating at home with paper plates, plastic cutlery and red cups?  

Pao and Russ - who cares.

• Love 16
On 2017-6-27 at 11:02 AM, LunaMia said:

I'm an adult too and currently stay home with 2 small children until they're old enough to be in school full time. No way in hell would I ask my husband for permission for anything in life, including buying myself something. But we have an Egalitarian relationship and trust and respect each other enough that there is no need for that.

The thing is, Jorge knew what Ansifa's intentions were and how high maintenance she is. I mean, she asked for a $10,000 purse before she even married him! The Emperor has no money. 

Paola and her thirsty friend were ridiculous talking shit about Russ, calling him a peasant and such. From what he's shown, he's been nothing but supportive of her following her ridiculous dreams. He's not acting like some jealous asshole who is trying to hold her back. Who cares how he looks, she picked him. He was good enough for her to move from Colombia to start a life with him. She wasn't even willing to consider Seattle, yet he is more than willing to move to Miami just to be with his wife. Also, her blonde hair looks ugly and washes her out. It kind of goes with her pendeja (stupid) attitude. 

I totally agree with you about Russ, he has surprised me with just how supportive he is of Paola! And I think that he is really a cute guy. Lots cuter than her, now that she has that awful blonde hair, it is atrocious with her coloring!

• Love 4
(edited)

Anfisa never yells at Jorge when she's on camera but screams like a demon when she's on the phone with him.  I'd love it if they caught her screaming like that on camera!  And oh man that look on the lawyer's face during that meeting was priceless!  Awkward!!!!

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 11

*obligatory Jorge and Anfisa both suck disclaimer*

Man, Jorge is such a pathetic liar.  "I told her I was going to the garage."  If you're going to lie constantly, at least be good at it, dude.

Anfisa's not being smart, either.  She should just tell Jorge what he wants to hear, get her green card and whatever else she can, and head for the hills.  And if she lies to him to do so, it's not like he can really complain about it.   Well, he'll complain, but I'll laugh at him and call him a hypocrite.

• Love 17
(edited)

Lol @ Mo during his meeting with Danielle.  He's so desperate over being deported he'll agree to anything:

Danielle:  you need to apologize to my family.

Mo:  sure, no problem!

Danielle:  you need to lick my shoe.

Mo:  of course!  Which one?

Danielle:  both.

Mo:  fine, fine.  I will do it.

Danielle:  and you need to make wild passionate love to me.

Mo hesitates.  Mo thinks of deportation.  Mo agrees.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 15
(edited)

Anyone else think that Russ' Gyllenhal looking friend has a crush on him? Mr. Guilfoyle is convinced. I could be swayed...

And can Danielle take any less responsibility for her actions? Why does Mohammed have to apologize to her family?

ALSO, according to mother Chantal, in the US "families reach out" to other families when people are planning a wedding. I totally have the feeling that mother Chantal is used to being catered to by everyone. If that's what you do in the US, why isn't she reaching out to Pedro's family? It is our custom, according to her, right?

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 9

Just let your foreign spouse get their green card, divorce them and move on.  You both got into this together, stop pointing fingers.  

Danielle is the most repulsive of the lot.  

• Love 8
(edited)

That little smile from Jorge after Anfisa smacked the shit out of him is all the proof I need to know he likes that sort of thing. I'm convinced he gets off on it. Which might actually work out for them because she seems capable of dishing it out....but he's a lying liar that lies, so....

When she got up and he flinched I laughed out loud at my tv. I don't condone violence, but there's something about this guy that just makes me want to high five her for that smack and see her take everything he has left (however little that may be) and leave him penniless and alone. He set himself up for all this and somehow can't seem to wrap his brain around what he's done wrong. Blaming her for spending his money or still being upset about finances, like she should just love him no matter what and overlook the fact that he's broke as hell.

Nah dude. She didn't sign up for that, told you upfront 82728209 times why she was there and what she expected, and you continued to lie to her. But she should still love you?? (here's a hint, she never loved you in the first place, and she never lied about it either.)

Sigh, these two are the gift that keeps on giving. I am curious how this will all play out.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, rideashire said:

When she got up and he flinched I laughed out loud at my tv. I don't condone violence, but there's something about this guy that just makes me want to high five her for that smack and see her take everything he has left (however little that may be) and leave him penniless and alone. 

LOL! Mr. Guilfoyle, upon learning that Jiggly had been robbed at one point, said "I get it. There's something about him that makes you want to rob him. And then punch him. I can't say exactly why that is, but it's something."

Also, I think that one of the more intriguing bits of Chantal's face is the downturned tip of her nose. It's almost cute now (to me), but as she gets older and it continues to grow, it's gonna get a little witchy. She's probably gonna want to save up to have that fixed at some point.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rideashire said:

That little smile from Jorge after Anfisa smacked the shit out of him is all the proof I need to know he likes that sort of thing. I'm convinced he gets off on it. Which might actually work out for them because she seems capable of dishing it out....but he's a lying liar that lies, so....

Oh, he definitely wants to be her worm!

• Love 2
On 6/29/2017 at 6:54 PM, 4leafclover said:

lol--just have to ask.  Was that a typo or intentional?  Either way, it fits!

I just saw this, it was definitely intentional lol

• Love 2

So glad that Jorge was able to avoid those vile feminist American women and bring in a mentally healthy stable woman like Anfisa who believes so much in traditional gender roles and caters to his every need. LOL!   I don't condone domestic violence but every time I think about Jorge's motives for getting a Russian bride and how it is all about looks for him, the fucks just can't be found.

Jorge  thought Anfisa was joking about being with him for his money and a green card? Anfisa? Joking? Yeah, because she has been a regular Melissa McCarthy this entire time. Dumb ass! 

A laughed my ass off when Muhammad came to have coffee with Danielle, he had a big small on his face and than when he saw Danielle who someone managed not to have that goofy grin on her face, it was almost like she pulled Mrs. Potato head's angry eyes out of her bag and unto her face, the smile slid clean off Muhammad's face. The second laugh was when he asked her about her life and suddenly it seemed like he was so interested in the wall paint when she started answering. 

This season needs to be the last of Muhammad and Danielle. TLC can't get anymore blood from that stone. An apology to her family? Really? 

Not surprised that the agent isn't calling Pao and letting Pao's calls go to voicemail. I will say that I thought the darker blond she had when Russ came to visit is better than the talking head blond. 

• Love 16

I think Mohammed is a POS but Danielle makes me cringe every time she's on the screen.  First of all, those crazy faces she makes when Mohammed is talking freak me out and secondly, when I look at her all I can think of are smelly, leaky lady parts.

• Love 7

I don't understand the apology Mohammed had to make to Danielle's family.  She was the one that imported a Tunisian boy toy and put him before her family.  So sick of her victim crap.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Trampolina said:

I think Mohammed is a POS but Danielle makes me cringe every time she's on the screen.  First of all, those crazy faces she makes when Mohammed is talking freak me out and secondly, when I look at her all I can think of are smelly, leaky lady parts.

He complained about his girlfriends' lady parts too... maybe he's just not that into that sort of thing.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, steff13 said:

I find something about Chantel've face really off-putting.  

she irritates me so--the clenched teeth talking is a little better this year, but she looks like she is constantly pouting. her brother is a real jerk!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He complained about his girlfriends' lady parts too... maybe he's just not that into that sort of thing.

I missed this.  Wow.  Luisa?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I'm sure Anfisa hits Jorge behinds closed doors as well. She's trash. I keep thinking how it would be handled if Jorge hit her and I imagine he'd land in jail. 

I grew up in an abusive home. You don't recoil the way he did after that first on-camera attack unless you're accustomed to being hit and expecting more violence.

• Love 5