Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Looking for Mr. Goodbrain, Part 2

Yeah, Seattle has a metro population of over 3 million people. Bombing that many of your own citizens would be a VERY difficult decision for the government to make. I can see it happening for ravenous zombie hordes threatening to spread and start an apocalypse, but if you've got people calmly going about their daily business and accepting an orderly supply chain of brains obtained from natural deaths, the pressure to take such an unprecedented step drops a lot.

• Love 3

Would the U.S. military bombing one of its own cities even be legal?  A president who tried to authorize this would probably be impeached and removed from office.  Then possibly brought up on war crimes charges.

Really what they need to do is treat this like any other outbreak, such as the real life Ebola outbreak in Africa a few years ago.  Get all the best and brightest minds, and plenty of resources, on finding a cure.  Quarantine if necessary.

The thought of criminals using intentional zombie infection to improve their devious doings is scary.  And no I do not trust Fillmore-Graves' private mercenary army (you know... the guys who intentionally started this outbreak) to handle that.

I don't know. I'm not feeling well, and am really tired. just wondering. The way people were freaking out, I was picturing a mass panic. I forgot I'd even asked the question. 

1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

Good points.

except that bombing zombie island would kill humans, since zombies are humans and likely aren't even legally dead because they still have heartbeats and I assume brainwave activity.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Would the U.S. military bombing one of its own cities even be legal?  A president who tried to authorize this would probably be impeached and removed from office.  Then possibly brought up on war crimes charges.

Really what they need to do is treat this like any other outbreak, such as the real life Ebola outbreak in Africa a few years ago.  Get all the best and brightest minds, and plenty of resources, on finding a cure.  Quarantine if necessary.

The thought of criminals using intentional zombie infection to improve their devious doings is scary.  And no I do not trust Fillmore-Graves' private mercenary army (you know... the guys who intentionally started this outbreak) to handle that.

I'm fairly sure that a Congress would give the president any authority he needed to stem the threat of brain-hungry killers converting others to their cause. Not to get too political, but think of how the real-world government responded to far less dangerous threats, like 19 guys with boxcutters.

This can't be treated like an ordinary viral outbreak, because effectively, the zombie virus is carried by intelligent beings, at least some of whom have a vested interest in spreading the virus. Moreover, these beings have attributes that make them hard to contain if they don't want to be.

2 hours ago, Affogato said:

except that bombing zombie island would kill humans, since zombies are humans and likely aren't even legally dead because they still have heartbeats and I assume brainwave activity.

Pretty sure that, given how easily in the real world we have treated and continue to treat people as "the other" over what would be relatively small differences such as race, gender, sexual preference etc., it would be just a matter of time before someone tried to have zombies stripped of their rights or declared as other than human.

There are interesting philosophical, legal and biological questions about what it means to be human. Generally, humans can't recover from serious injuries, or have heart rates as low as 10 beats per minute, or turn feral. We don't know if zombies can have biological offspring with humans or even with other zombies.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

Filmore Graves is Seattle based, but I'm sure they operate out of different locales and that the message Chase sent to people in power was a little different then the one played on the station. 

You firebomb Seattle, if you don't get every zombie, especially every FG zombie you know there are standing orders to retaliate. They probably have hidden detachments outside of the city. 

The problem is that retaliation might not stop other countries from trying to burn out a contagion. It's an interesting concept that instead of mindless zombies, zombified, thinking humans are willing to destroy the human race over personal self-preservation.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nor am I. I'm leaning toward "there was another way to make that point."

I agree; Carey had been too minor a player for too long for her to work as the Big Bad. (Well, she wasn't the Big Bad, but you know what I mean.) We should have seen her more often.

How weird is it that I think I prefer OG Zombie Liv?

How many times can one person go back and forth between human and zombie? I know for plot purposes Major keeps surviving, but there has to be some sort of toll.

Even funnier is that Blaine always precedes Major by a few weeks. After being bested by his father, Blaine got zombied up because that's his true purpose.

8 hours ago, Affogato said:

Okay, crazy person.

This is not a dangerous contagious disease anymore, it is a disability. It is a disability that can be treated a lot more cheaply that a lot of other disabilities/diseases/genetic syndromes with something that people aren't using (brains once dead, although people do have issues with that sort of thing, like they do with recycling hearts or kidneys, too, sometimes). People with zombism can lead long, healthy productive lives and will make companies that make hot sauce rich as hell. Now that it is in the open research can start on vaccines, see Ravi (and yeah that wasn't realistic), trying to find artificial substances, even um vegan substances that will work as brain substitutes.

Yup, zombie crossed lovers will have a vogue.

Yes, there will be rumors, many true, that actors have turned themselves to stay young forever.

Yes, there are going to be people who strap bombs to themselves, drive planes into the needle, and want to bomb the city.

Also, FG is established world wide, has proved worth as military personnel, zombie-ism is not confined to seattle. There is a stick as well as carrot.

I'm pretty sure Ravi became Patient Zero on the vaccine is that the Unobtainium was in such short supply, he couldn't make a rat batch and a human batch.

So, the big Z is a disease where your brain deteriorates and only an infusion of human brain can prevent zombie brain death. I forgot what the amount was, but I think a zombie needs at least 1 brain per month. That's about 12 brains a year. A zombie population would need 12,000 brains on a planet with a death rate of 8 per 1,000 people. Assuming all those deaths are suitable for farming, you need a seed population of 1.5 million or 1500 living people for each zombie to get enough brains from natural death.

At this point, though, the show is getting stupid. Last year, they teased a zombie uprising and that fell apart. They might go the same way this season, except zombies are real. I don't know if I'm up to watching this anymore.

11 minutes ago, ketose said:

The problem is that retaliation might not stop other countries from trying to burn out a contagion. It's an interesting concept that instead of mindless zombies, zombified, thinking humans are willing to destroy the human race over personal self-preservation.

Zombies, like vampires, need a steady stream of humans (for brains or blood) so neither can destroy the entire human race. 

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, ketose said:

So, the big Z is a disease where your brain deteriorates and only an infusion of human brain can prevent zombie brain death. I forgot what the amount was, but I think a zombie needs at least 1 brain per month. That's about 12 brains a year. A zombie population would need 12,000 brains on a planet with a death rate of 8 per 1,000 people. Assuming all those deaths are suitable for farming, you need a seed population of 1.5 million or 1500 living people for each zombie to get enough brains from natural death.

At this point, though, the show is getting stupid. Last year, they teased a zombie uprising and that fell apart. They might go the same way this season, except zombies are real. I don't know if I'm up to watching this anymore.

One thing is we don't know a whole lot about zombie-ism in the iZombieverse. Can zombies survive on just animal brains?  Would they have visions on animal brains? A mix of human/animal brains? The brain equivalent of Tru-Blood? All these are open questions because as far as we know, only Ravi and the Max Rager scientists did much in the way of experimentation in the area. Presumably FG must have done some as well, but we weren't directly shown it AFAIK.

We don't know if eating brains on a regular basis can permanently stave off full-on Romeroism because we're only 3 or so years from the initial outbreak.

In doing his sales pitch to Stacy Boss two episodes or so back, Blaine said a single brain could sustain a zombie for a month. But how does that compare to what they might want? Given availability, would a zombie want to eat 1 brain a month? 3 brains a day? And is there a difference in eating, say, a smart person's brain versus a dumb person's, or an older person's versus a younger, or a person suffering from mental illness or a physical illness affecting the brain?

And when you factor in the visions, would it be enough to just eat brain paste when you could experience life as someone else?

We don't know what the zombie population is of Seattle versus the human population by the end of the episode. But let's say for discussion's sake, there's about 100,000 zombies. Bare minimum there would need to be 1.2 million brains to keep that population in check  There are 2.6 million deaths in the U.S. each year, so that should be plenty of brains that could be sent to Seattle. 

But is that base population of 100,000 going to stay stable, grow or decrease? Some people might follow Major's footsteps and voluntarily become zombified because it's cool, or because they are suffering from other diseases/injuries and seem zombie-ism as a way out. Some might go hunting zombies out of fear or sport. Some zombies might go and turn other people accidentally or intentionally.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 2

OK.  First off, I was watching a scene with Major and Chase on mute and I totally don't remember JD looking that much like Max Headroom.

Now that I got that out...

Haven't they just effectively eliminated any need to have Liv as a protagonist on this show?  Her main contribution is to eat brains and help Clive solve crimes by having Zombie memories.

I presume that in an outbreak situation, the first responders are going to get vaccinated first. So now Clive should have a bunch of zombie cops that can help solve crimes including his girlfriend.

This isn't a situation where Liv is a key person trying to take down Max Rager.  That happened because zombies were a secret.  What Liv can contribute to this situation can summed up in a one page memo titled "I've eaten brains longer than you." There are going to be lots of zombies better equipped than Liv to deal with FG maneuvering now that its not a secret. 

So what the heck is Liv's purpose?

They are going to have to make some kind of mostly human zombie task force and then have most of the forcibly turned zombies inexplicably support FG and then use Ravi's medical knowledge and friendship with to keep Liv and Clive viable to the overarching arc.

I can't see my way to how they are going to pull this off without a bunch of hand-waving over the lack of realism on how these events would be handled.   Maybe a five or ten year time jump where things have normalized?

• Love 6

Actually, I think the biggest mistake made by the zombies was calling themselves Zombies. Extremely poor public relations!

2 hours ago, ketose said:

I'm pretty sure Ravi became Patient Zero on the vaccine is that the Unobtainium was in such short supply, he couldn't make a rat batch and a human batch.

It is possible that with proper research one might be able to find substances that would reduce the desire to eat brains, and reduce the amount of brain needed to maintain sentience.  A horrible potassium deficiency might be making it worse.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Yeah, that rankled. Sorry Rob Thomas, I know you must worship the ground Dohring sheds his clothes onto, but I watch this show for McIver, Goodwin, Kohli, and Buckley. And the latter two were all but absent from what could have been the finale of a series that I would have assumed Chase Graves to be the protagonist of if I were a first time watcher. Show not called iJason.

Thanks for saving me from watching the rest of this episode. (I was a few minutes in and coming along to comment on how charming the dance opener is, oh well.)

If he's a regular next season I am gone, which will make me sad. There's fan service and then there's outright pandering. If he wanted to do another Logan Echolls show I wish he would have just done that so I could have skipped it from the start and not gotten attached to Clive and Ravi. :/

• Love 2

Chase didn't click for me as a character until we saw the contrast between him on the job and him flirting with Liv.  His behavior toward Major when he found out that he was human was also interesting: polite but unyielding.  He appears very compartmentalized, which I suppose makes sense for a mercenary.  He is not a charismatic leader, but a competent one.  Vivian and her husband probably handled all the public relations and clients for FG, while Chase was in the back room making sure the drones were flying and the army was marching.  As far as Jason Dohring, I never watched Veronica Mars.  I did see him on the short lived Moonlight, where I thought he played the most interesting character, and as a guest on other shows, like Supernatural.  This character is very different from those, and in fact I didn't recognize him when he started on iZombie.  I think he's doing fine with the character, but that the character could use more definition.

I was a little sad that Chase didn't pick out that fluffy little dog himself.  Poor plague puppy.

19 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Undoubtedly there are going to be human-on-zombie crimes, zombie-on-zombie crimes and zombie-on-human crime.

I think there is some potential there.  I don't think it's headed toward Walking Dead's lawless wasteland, so presuming there is law and order, there will still be crimes to investigate.  People's reaction to Liv will be a lot different now, and highly varied.  She can give the zombie perspective when interviewing zombies.  And what happens if a zombie eats another zombie's brain?

6 hours ago, possibilities said:

The show seems to be determined to make Clive the only consistently adult regular on the show.

Well put.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MisterGlass said:

Chase didn't click for me as a character until we saw the contrast between him on the job and him flirting with Liv.  His behavior toward Major when he found out that he was human was also interesting: polite but unyielding.  He appears very compartmentalized, which I suppose makes sense for a mercenary.  He is not a charismatic leader, but a competent one.  Vivian and her husband probably handled all the public relations and clients for FG, while Chase was in the back room making sure the drones were flying and the army was marching.  As far as Jason Dohring, I never watched Veronica Mars.  I did see him on the short lived Moonlight, where I thought he played the most interesting character, and as a guest on other shows, like Supernatural.  This character is very different from those, and in fact I didn't recognize him when he started on iZombie.  I think he's doing fine with the character, but that the character could use more definition.

I don't know that I can adequately describe how much like Logan Echolls Chase is other than to say they might as well have just done a continuation from the Veronica Mars movie and have Logan come home from the Navy or whatever and start a mercenary company and then become a zombie and live in Seattle.

I think his character is ill defined and relying heavily on walking the line of whether his motives are good or bad or misguided and as a result he basically has the same character sketch as Logan.  I liked VM and am actively irritated every time his character shows up at the similarities.  I have not had this problem with the other shows he has done.  This is an iZombie problem. 

I think that his addition to the cast and the reveal of zombie secret may have been a hail mary to save the show given how badly both were executed given what this team is capable of.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Haven't they just effectively eliminated any need to have Liv as a protagonist on this show?  Her main contribution is to eat brains and help Clive solve crimes by having Zombie memories.

I presume that in an outbreak situation, the first responders are going to get vaccinated first. So now Clive should have a bunch of zombie cops that can help solve crimes including his girlfriend.

This isn't a situation where Liv is a key person trying to take down Max Rager.  That happened because zombies were a secret.  What Liv can contribute to this situation can summed up in a one page memo titled "I've eaten brains longer than you." There are going to be lots of zombies better equipped than Liv to deal with FG maneuvering now that its not a secret. 

So what the heck is Liv's purpose?

They are going to have to make some kind of mostly human zombie task force and then have most of the forcibly turned zombies inexplicably support FG and then use Ravi's medical knowledge and friendship with to keep Liv and Clive viable to the overarching arc.

I can't see my way to how they are going to pull this off without a bunch of hand-waving over the lack of realism on how these events would be handled.   Maybe a five or ten year time jump where things have normalized?

First of all, I think Liv's purpose has been more than just solving crimes by eating brains. She's also had such purposes as trying to keep zombie-ism on the down low, trying to keep her friends and Seattle safe, trying to rediscover her own humanity, get over her self-hatred, so on and so forth. 

I think it's also somewhat limiting to think of Liv (or any character) as a function of what she does/can do. Even though hypothetically Boz can eat brains and solve crimes with Clive, that doesn't mean she would/could replace Liv as a character.

But I would also say that Liv can find a new purpose in this new world. She is -- at least potentially -- one of the few characters who cares equally about the welfare of humans and zombies, and who doesn't seem to have a fear- or greed-based agenda. Trying to establish and maintain a peace between zombies and humans in addition to solving crimes is enough  of a basis to have her be the protagonist still. And yes, she has eaten brains longer than others. But that puts her in a position where she knows a thing or two about being a zombie and can perhaps guide along the dozens/hundreds of zombies she encounters.

And she knows a bunch about where the bodies are unburied, so to speak. 

She is one of the few zombies who will not be dependent on FG for brains, and who knows at least some of the sketchy-ass stuff FG has done.  There is an interesting question (IMO) as to what she will do about it. Remember how she basically let Blaine live despite his being a murderer of teenagers and Lowell because Blaine supplying brains to zombies kept them from going feral or freelancing to kill civilians? Well, FG presents a moral dilemma that's exponentially higher. Blow the whistle on FG, and possibly thousands of zombies go brain-crazy, or tens of thousands of humans bring pitchforks and torches. 

There's also going to be a level of personal struggle for her to go through. How does she navigate her relationships with everyone in this brand new world?  

We don't know if the newly zombified first responders will want to be cops, or if they will be good at it. There is going to be an adjustment period for the new zombies. It took Liv a couple months of being out of it before she started to act like her old self.

Similarly, we don't know if other zombies are going to be better situated than Liv to deal with FG's manuevering. She is one of the few people who will be independent from what FG is about.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Zombies, like vampires, need a steady stream of humans (for brains or blood) so neither can destroy the entire human race. 

This is reminding me of the 2009 movie.  A plague turned most of the people of the world into vampires.  10 years into it, society basically functions okay as a world full of vampires, but there are so few remaining humans left that the supply of human blood is critically low.  Vampires who go too long without human blood first turn feral and vicious.  Later they mutate into this things that look like giant bats.  The plot centers around two factions.  One is a vampire who works with a group of humans to find a cure.  The other is a vampire run corporation that is trying to find a synthetic substitute for human blood.

• Love 2

I loved everyone at the Scratching Post on blue choreographer brain doing a perfectly synchronized routine! And I also loved how delighted Don E. was by watching them. I enjoyed the later scene with the almost empty bar when one random guy got up and started dancing and then Blaine pulled the plug on the music.

What the hell was that blue garbage bag of a jumpsuit that Chase was wearing? Not only was it really fug and as unflattering as possible, but it's an insult to us after seeing how hot he was last week!

Major, NOOOOOOOO! After everything that Ravi went through to create a cure, you're going to become a zombie again?

A+ for using XTC in this episode! I wish I could say I can't believe that Justin pulled a total Rolf on Liv.

Chase tells Liv he likes her new look. Cut to Liv back to her white hair and pasty skin. Cut to me remembering Spike saying how much he liked Buffy's long hair. Cut to Buffy cutting her hair.

Am I shallow for hoping we see the dog again next season? I don't mind Chase's character. As mentioned above, I think he's very compartamentalized with his feelings, but I enjoy his dry sense of humor in the non-work scenes. Despite the fact that Liv had just broken into his backyard and then accused him of murder and creating an epidemic, he seemed more bemused than anything. I'll take that over belligerent any day. As soon as he called security, I knew that they were going to be under Carey's control. It was hilarious that the security team thought he had only one gun though. Bitch, please.

One advantage that Dale has over Liv is that she isn't navigating becoming a zombie on her own, trying to figure it all out without any assistance. On top of that, she doesn't have to keep being a zombie a secret from everyone around her the way Liv did. I'm not saying that this outbreak is a good thing, but having zombieism be public knowledge means there are resources for people who have been turned so they don't have to push everyone away to keep it a secret the way Liv did.

Damn it, Ravi, you know better than to be your own guinea pig before you've tried your new vaccine on a rat or two first! That was such a stupid and unnecessary risk. But it also gave us a very sweet Liv/Ravi moment where they finally acknowledged the depth of their friendship. I really appreciate that they are BFFs instead of becoming romantically involved. It drives me absolutely crazy when shows insist on the two M/F leads hooking up so I love that Ravi and Liv get to remain platonic friends who love each other (this was something I loved about Veronica and Wallace on VM too).

• Love 10

"OK, what's happening to me? I'm oddly hungry, more of a craving really. Chocolate? No, that's not it. Tapenade? No.....mussels, processed cheese? No, again. Oh, I know! Brains!"

How do the zombies recognise the craving is for brains? Most of them haven't eaten raw human brains and it wouldn't naturally occur to them. Even if you're looking at a great, bloody brainpan full of them, if you haven't tried them why would they look good? Is there some subtle scent that works its way through a living skull and hairdo that makes a zombie salivate?

2 hours ago, Thrifty said:

This is reminding me of the 2009 movie.  A plague turned most of the people of the world into vampires.  10 years into it, society basically functions okay as a world full of vampires, but there are so few remaining humans left that the supply of human blood is critically low.  Vampires who go too long without human blood first turn feral and vicious.  Later they mutate into this things that look like giant bats.  The plot centers around two factions.  One is a vampire who works with a group of humans to find a cure.  The other is a vampire run corporation that is trying to find a synthetic substitute for human blood.

I think the movie is, maybe, "Daybreak". Ethan Hawke? (looked it up. "Daybreakers" and yes, Ethan Hawke. Pretty good movie and really remarkably like the logical progression for this show. Wow. Remember the people lined up arguing about the amount of blood in their coffees.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

On top of that, she doesn't have to keep being a zombie a secret from everyone around her the way Liv did. I'm not saying that this outbreak is a good thing, but having zombieism be public knowledge means there are resources for people who have been turned so they don't have to push everyone away to keep it a secret the way Liv did.

One thing I'll be interested in seeing is if, now that knowledge of zombies is an open thing, Liv will be able to repair the rift with her family over not donating blood to her brother at the end of Season 1. It seems that "I didn't want to turn you into a brain-eating freak" would go a long way toward explaining her estrangement to them.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Affogato said:

How do the zombies recognise the craving is for brains? Most of them haven't eaten raw human brains and it wouldn't naturally occur to them. Even if you're looking at a great, bloody brainpan full of them, if you haven't tried them why would they look good? Is there some subtle scent that works its way through a living skull and hairdo that makes a zombie salivate?

I think they tried to show this with Johnny Frost and Liv's scene. He knew he was hungry, but it wasn't until Liv mentioned brains and gave him the brain pouch that it clicked. I think it's just an instinct that new zombies figure out. Maybe it does look good to them; maybe it is the scent that gets them. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

I think the movie is, maybe, "Daybreak". Ethan Hawke? (looked it up. "Daybreakers" and yes, Ethan Hawke. Pretty good movie and really remarkably like the logical progression for this show. Wow. Remember the people lined up arguing about the amount of blood in their coffees.

Yes that's it.  Daybreakers.  I even knew it and forgot to write it out.

Well Holy Shit! That did not at all go as I expected. 

That being said, I am looking forward to what will hopefully be, izombie Season 4: The continuing awesomeness of Clive. 

As a summary:

Justin : I was completely disappointed in Justin. Not the breaking up with Liv part, that was justified. But he really didn't seem like the type to be involved with infecting the unsuspecting, or being in on the coup at FG (I'm assuming he is with Carey's group at this point). I hope that he gets some development next season, because his actions in the finale seem out of character for the nice, silly guy we have seen so far. Hopefully he turned to the dark side for reasons more compelling than "Chase Graves was a dick who shot me in the chest". ( I am kind of unclear about the tainted doses in the school, was that Carey's masterplan or did Chase know about it before shooting her in the head?)

Peyton : I have been loudly vocal with my hatred of Peyton's character direction this season. She has been much more interesting and bearable the last couple of episodes, being a competent lawyer and possible political power. Thank god they killed the stupid triangle from earlier this season, so long as it stays dead I am happy to have her stick around. Interestingly if she does become the Mayor's sidekick, and he gets killed, does that mean she would be the next mayor of zombieSeattle?

Chase : I agree with comments upthread that he seems like a compartmentalized character. I do find him more interesting and engaging in his personal scenes than when he is being a military leader. I am also kind of hoping that he and Major become BFFs because that could be kind of awesome. And Major and Chase will both need storylines that connect to the main cast. 

Don E, Blaine, Johnny Storm : Love these guys! I hope they stay awesome next season and I think Johnny Storm deserves an expanded part. He does douchey so well! (: 

Teenage zombie girls : Hate them and hope they are not in next season. It looks like season 4 will be another plot thread heavy season and I really would hate to waste time with pointless teenage entitlement from these 2, who are also unrepentant murderers. 

Ravi & Liv : These 2 have great partnership chemistry. At the core of the show, the Liv/Ravi and Liv/Clive relationships are the strongest components of the storyline.  I think whenever the show keeps Liv apart from Ravi and Clive it really suffers. I hope that the show really drills down on these 2 and tries to keep them in scenes together. Bonus points if there are more Ravi/Liv/Clive interactions as a trio, they are always gold!

Clive and Bozzio : I was never that convinced about this romance in the first place. And I was sorry to see Bozzio return near the end of this season since I have found her kind of rigid and boring. But I'm willing to give it a chance, since Clive is awesome. I do worry that this will mean less Clive/Liv time and more star-crossed romance scenes, and I've had my fill of those with Liv&Major for the whole last 3 seasons. 

Major : I'm not sure what they are even doing with Major now. I do understand him turning his back on humanity since he is being shunned over the Chaos Killer debacle. And now Natalie and all Major's pals have been killed. But he is doing exactly what he was angry at Liv for doing, infecting dying people to save their lives. I can't imagine that all of them are in a state to provide informed consent to becoming zombies, so he is complicit in turning at least some people without their permission. 

In any case that was a tremendous finale, and I'm glad that they at least took a stab at wrapping up the many, many plotlines from this season. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Luckily, Liv got to deliver the news before more people were turned against their will. 

Even better would have been if Liv had called Peyton so that an entire office staff could have been calling around to the vaccination centers well before the TV announcement could go out.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:00 AM, sacrebleu said:

Guys, I don't care if it was an easy joke-- choreographer brains was the best! and I appreciate the effort for a little levity in a jam-packed finale.

ITA, although the timing of the scene was clearly designed for watching both parts of the finale together. Watching this episode by itself, it felt like an odd interruption in the story.

On 6/28/2017 at 7:59 AM, dubbel zout said:

How weird is it that I think I prefer OG Zombie Liv?

I thought the same in the first season when we had flashbacks to pre-zombie Liv. Her face looks thinner in zombie coloring, and she may have gone a little overboard with the red in her undercover disguise for anyone who prefers a more natural look.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

One thing I'll be interested in seeing is if, now that knowledge of zombies is an open thing, Liv will be able to repair the rift with her family over not donating blood to her brother at the end of Season 1. It seems that "I didn't want to turn you into a brain-eating freak" would go a long way toward explaining her estrangement to them.

I wondered about this, too. I hope they do bring her family back.

I forgot to mention XTC - that was a nice surprise. I was listening to them a few nights ago, including "Dear God".

So, they really went hard this episode, and it looks like we will have a totally new status quo next season. Honestly, as much as I love Liv and Clive solving crimes and keeping the zombie stuff a secret, I'm really interested in what a world that knows about zombies would be like. I think its a really interesting idea and there's a lot of story potential there, in watching the gang trying to navigate this brave new world. Or, at least, brave new Seattle. I don't think it will go on forever, but I'm interested in seeing where it goes for awhile. It sounds like they will still being solving zombie crimes, just in the open, so I'm sure the procedural aspect will still be there, just with a new setting.

I hope we can eventually get to the point where the zombies and the humans can live together WITHOUT blackmailing the country, but it will definitely take awhile. I don't really blame the people who were grabbing guns and weapons as soon as they heard the news for wanting to protect themselves from the horde of brand new zombies, but I don't have sympathy for the people trying to attack zombies who aren't doing anything except trying to get pouch brains. Its not like they wanted to become zombies, and its clear they aren't mindless monsters, Walking Dead style. That being said, the Filmore Graves people clearly aren't good guys either, and its easy to see how massive amounts of zombies could quickly become a problem, especially with the number of zombies we met who don't care much about human lives, or just end up getting out of control. Its a weird, tough situation without an easy answer. I can see the government trying to quarantine the city ASAP, but I don't think they would launch an actual assault. At least, not one for everyone to see.  

Oh Ravi. I think maybe he will become a part zombie or something, and will eventually develop a real vaccine, and remake the cure again.

Major joining Filmore Graves again and becoming a zombie is sad, but a bit inevitable. He had nothing really going on in the human world other than his friend group, and his desire to hell people probably made it extra appealing. Maybe now he and Liv can FINALLY just get together! Oy!

The resolution to the murder mystery and the Filmore Graves conspiracy was really weak. I thought at least Clive would get to take out the killer, not just find her already dead.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh Ravi. I think maybe he will become a part zombie or something, and will eventually develop a real vaccine, and remake the cure again.

I think Ravi developed the cure.  They need to put FG and humans back on a more level playing field which is easiest to do if they eliminate the ability to turn large numbers of zombies using their recent methods. 

This is classic Rob Thomas.  Set up something "big" in the finale and then walk it back to closer to status quo by the premiere.

I think the show will be changed next season but not as fundamentally as the finale implies.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Well, that was a little disappointing.  Major a zombie again?  Stupid and disappointing.  He and Justin supporting turning innocent people into zombies?  Stupid and disappointing.  Ravi being infected?  Stupid and disappointing.  Overall, not impressed.  And Liv's family has just completely disappeared now, never to be seen again?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Interestingly if she does become the Mayor's sidekick, and he gets killed, does that mean she would be the next mayor of zombieSeattle?

I don't think so.  I think the City Council en toto would run things until a new election would be called.  A un-elected aide -- definitely not.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Well Holy Shit! That did not at all go as I expected. 

That being said, I am looking forward to what will hopefully be, izombie Season 4: The continuing awesomeness of Clive. 

As a summary:

Justin : I was completely disappointed in Justin. Not the breaking up with Liv part, that was justified. But he really didn't seem like the type to be involved with infecting the unsuspecting, or being in on the coup at FG (I'm assuming he is with Carey's group at this point). I hope that he gets some development next season, because his actions in the finale seem out of character for the nice, silly guy we have seen so far. Hopefully he turned to the dark side for reasons more compelling than "Chase Graves was a dick who shot me in the chest". ( I am kind of unclear about the tainted doses in the school, was that Carey's masterplan or did Chase know about it before shooting her in the head?)

Peyton : I have been loudly vocal with my hatred of Peyton's character direction this season. She has been much more interesting and bearable the last couple of episodes, being a competent lawyer and possible political power. Thank god they killed the stupid triangle from earlier this season, so long as it stays dead I am happy to have her stick around. Interestingly if she does become the Mayor's sidekick, and he gets killed, does that mean she would be the next mayor of zombieSeattle?

Chase : I agree with comments upthread that he seems like a compartmentalized character. I do find him more interesting and engaging in his personal scenes than when he is being a military leader. I am also kind of hoping that he and Major become BFFs because that could be kind of awesome. And Major and Chase will both need storylines that connect to the main cast. 

Don E, Blaine, Johnny Storm : Love these guys! I hope they stay awesome next season and I think Johnny Storm deserves an expanded part. He does douchey so well! (: 

Teenage zombie girls : Hate them and hope they are not in next season. It looks like season 4 will be another plot thread heavy season and I really would hate to waste time with pointless teenage entitlement from these 2, who are also unrepentant murderers. 

Ravi & Liv : These 2 have great partnership chemistry. At the core of the show, the Liv/Ravi and Liv/Clive relationships are the strongest components of the storyline.  I think whenever the show keeps Liv apart from Ravi and Clive it really suffers. I hope that the show really drills down on these 2 and tries to keep them in scenes together. Bonus points if there are more Ravi/Liv/Clive interactions as a trio, they are always gold!

Clive and Bozzio : I was never that convinced about this romance in the first place. And I was sorry to see Bozzio return near the end of this season since I have found her kind of rigid and boring. But I'm willing to give it a chance, since Clive is awesome. I do worry that this will mean less Clive/Liv time and more star-crossed romance scenes, and I've had my fill of those with Liv&Major for the whole last 3 seasons. 

Major : I'm not sure what they are even doing with Major now. I do understand him turning his back on humanity since he is being shunned over the Chaos Killer debacle. And now Natalie and all Major's pals have been killed. But he is doing exactly what he was angry at Liv for doing, infecting dying people to save their lives. I can't imagine that all of them are in a state to provide informed consent to becoming zombies, so he is complicit in turning at least some people without their permission. 

In any case that was a tremendous finale, and I'm glad that they at least took a stab at wrapping up the many, many plotlines from this season. 

Justin could have turned to the dark side because Chase Graves is a dick who shot him in the gut  AND who slept with his girlfriend.

More seriously, it's been drilled into the FG troops that this is a do-or-die scenario. I could see zombies thinking that turning people into zombies isn't as bad as we humans might think it.

I think we are to believe that Chase knew there was a Plan B, as in an alternative to the quietly building up political power and prepping zombies to move to Zombie Island. But he did not the details of the actual Plan B. He seemed to think that it was too late to stop it, which if he knew the plan was to infect as many people as possible, he would have known that the tainted vaccine wasn't distributed yet.

Carey and her faction did have the idea of expanding the zombie population by incentivizing people to take the vaccine. Presumably, they would have infected all of Seattle if it wasn't for that meddling Liv.

I don't think Major had any direct knowledge or involvement in Plan B. However, once it was executed, he's been involved in shooting humans.

Which brings up a point: Why would the humans be so stupid as to rush headlong to death like they did, with one gun between them and with the zombies having multiple machine guns? Like if you're going to try to take out a bunch of zombies, attempt to sneak up on them, get better armed, etc.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Carey and her faction did have the idea of expanding the zombie population by incentivizing people to take the vaccine. Presumably, they would have infected all of Seattle if it wasn't for that meddling Liv.

The stupid thing is, that would have forced a true zombie apocalypse scenario. Seattle's full population is several times the monthly death rate in the US. If almost everyone there becomes a zombie, even 100% postmortem donation and a wasteless delivery setup wouldn't be able to keep them all fed. You would inevitably have scads of zombies killing people for their brains, whether it was Filmore Graves troops hunting uninfected humans or hordes of Romeros who'd gone too long without a fix.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Thrifty said:

I've been thinking about Daybreakers quite a bit during this episode. I'm not going to spoiler tag, but if you don't want to be spoiled on a decade-old movie, look away.

---------------

The cure for vampirism was hard to replicate until Ethan Hawke's character Edward discovered that a cured vampire had the cure in his own blood. In that case, when you're cured, there's no going back. It would be interesting to see Ravi have a cure in his own blood. Maybe it could be in his brain, so the only way to cure everyone is if he died.

Unfortunately, the show is set on an end game where Liv is cured and the show's over. Therefore, the cure will be just out of reach until the day the CW gets tired of low ratings.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

The stupid thing is, that would have forced a true zombie apocalypse scenario. Seattle's full population is several times the monthly death rate in the US. If almost everyone there becomes a zombie, even 100% postmortem donation and a wasteless delivery setup wouldn't be able to keep them all fed. You would inevitably have scads of zombies killing people for their brains, whether it was Filmore Graves troops hunting uninfected humans or hordes of Romeros who'd gone too long without a fix.

No one ever accused the Carey faction of being particularly smart. 

It would be easier to justify nuking Seattle if there were 3 million zombies and just a handful of humans as well.

The odds that 3 million zombies would play by the rules are far lower than the 100k figure that I threw out earlier.

But I'm assuming more than 36 million people die annually worldwide, so given enough time and infrastructure, there would not be a brain shortage. 

9 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Which brings up a point: Why would the humans be so stupid as to rush headlong to death like they did, with one gun between them and with the zombies having multiple machine guns? Like if you're going to try to take out a bunch of zombies, attempt to sneak up on them, get better armed, etc.

It's a mob. I don't remember who, but someone said the intelligence of a mob is the IQ of its stupidest member divided by the number of people in it.

• Love 6

I would really love to see them explore some of the implications of a totally open (and somewhat human) zombie status next year. For every person running for a pitchfork or loading up a moving van, there would be others running to Seattle for a cure or the secret to eternal youth. Imagine the hope that would be generated for late-state cancer patients or those with debilitating progressive issues like ALS. That probably would have been the angle I led with if I were FG. Some will see it as a miracle, others an abomination. 

There is also a darker side to explore. Would employers start employing zombies for more dangerous work because they are less likely to die in the event of a horrific injury and don't need to eat as often? We have already seen that with FG, but as knowledge of zombies spread, surely others would also try to capitalize on it. Would safety standards be set differently for someone who can heal quickly? 

I feel for Major. I think he finally found a place that he was accepted, and suddenly he was ousted from it. Maybe next year they can give the poor character a break. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Justin could have turned to the dark side because Chase Graves is a dick who shot him in the gut  AND who slept with his girlfriend.

More seriously, it's been drilled into the FG troops that this is a do-or-die scenario. I could see zombies thinking that turning people into zombies isn't as bad as we humans might think it.

I think we are to believe that Chase knew there was a Plan B, as in an alternative to the quietly building up political power and prepping zombies to move to Zombie Island. But he did not the details of the actual Plan B. He seemed to think that it was too late to stop it, which if he knew the plan was to infect as many people as possible, he would have known that the tainted vaccine wasn't distributed yet.

I went back and watched some of this again. I would like to mention that Justin has one hell of a spray tan going on there. Is that even possible?Also, why were the teens in tanning beds? I'd assume if you lost the skin pigmentation you wouldn't tan, you'd burn. But, whatever. I think there is a good possibility that he was sent to special-friend Major and Liv, etc, by Carey Gold and is part of the plan, however there may have been different tiers of the plan. So, as part of the other faction, the fact that she slept with Chase Graves would really irritate him. This doesn't mean he wasn't genuinely fond of Liv, by the way.

Liv really needs to dye and spray or she isn't safe.

Chase Graves *is* a dick and we aren't seeing any signs that he is a good leader. He shoots Justin instead of talking to him separately and buying everyone a few shots of tequila with a hot sauce chaser.  He forbids them to go to the bar. He isn't getting to know them and he's taking away perks and just generally not fostering loyalty.  Either he is going to change or he is going to need to be ousted or replaced. It is possible that Carey killed Viv so that Chase would come in and make himself generally hated and make it more likely for her to rise in the role. On the other hand, we are seeing him from a limited perspective over a stressful period. But he sure is quick with that handgun, wtf. Shooting Zombie broadcaster is the kind of thing people will talk about when they talk about whether the zombies have good intentions.

It's hard to see how they are going to juggle all the characters next season, but I imagine we will get to like Chase a little more before he is killed. He may even start by saving Liv's defiantly pasty ass.

Plan B is probably to release Aleutian Flu, eventually have FG be used to maintain order in the city and provide brains (they may be short partially because stockpiling and rationing) to Zombies who contracted Aleutian flu and were saved by being scratched. Tainting the vaccinations is a horrible idea, even if the threats work who will ever trust them again? It may not have been Vivian/Chase's plan B.

I still think there is a chance that Viv (or husband) will show up.

I think the half zombie we saw, I forget his name, was close to ground zero and was relatively whole. Twelve died, there were a lot more zombies in that room, close to the explosion. You'd think they would have gathered some of the parts and tried to put them together.

1 hour ago, The Companion said:

I would really love to see them explore some of the implications of a totally open (and somewhat human) zombie status next year. For every person running for a pitchfork or loading up a moving van, there would be others running to Seattle for a cure or the secret to eternal youth. Imagine the hope that would be generated for late-state cancer patients or those with debilitating progressive issues like ALS. That probably would have been the angle I led with if I were FG. Some will see it as a miracle, others an abomination. 

There is also a darker side to explore. Would employers start employing zombies for more dangerous work because they are less likely to die in the event of a horrific injury and don't need to eat as often? We have already seen that with FG, but as knowledge of zombies spread, surely others would also try to capitalize on it. Would safety standards be set differently for someone who can heal quickly? 

I feel for Major. I think he finally found a place that he was accepted, and suddenly he was ousted from it. Maybe next year they can give the poor character a break. 

I think that the miracle cure thing was one of the things Viv/Chase wanted. Curing Aleutian Flu outbreak in plan B. If the island plan worked, making this one of the value addeds of not bombing the island. (also the island would have allowed them to put the families in the center and protect them).

Major is now accepted. He may become actively anti human next season, he's seen the horror.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ketose said:

Unfortunately, the show is set on an end game where Liv is cured and the show's over. Therefore, the cure will be just out of reach until the day the CW gets tired of low ratings.

If the cure comes forth before the end of the show Liv won't want to be cured because of love interest.

19 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I think Ravi developed the cure.  They need to put FG and humans back on a more level playing field which is easiest to do if they eliminate the ability to turn large numbers of zombies using their recent methods. 

This is classic Rob Thomas.  Set up something "big" in the finale and then walk it back to closer to status quo by the premiere.

I think the show will be changed next season but not as fundamentally as the finale implies.

Did I hear somewhere that the Seahawks leave Seattle? there's some fundamental, traumatic change.

I assume the city is mostly going to continue running, courtesy of Baracus, etc, I don't expect it will become the Walking Dead. I doubt Ravi discovered the cure, but he discovered a vaccination (and remember, if you are vaccinated and find out you have cancer the next month....)

(edited)

So far, no one other than those Zombies and Humans closest to Baracus are aware that he's a Zombie, correct? I'm disappointed in Chase, I was hoping that his plan was to retreat from the mainland and bring all Zombies to Zombie Island.  I don't see what he is doing is any better than what Carey Gold proposed except she saw Zombies as a superior species and wanted to eradicate humans. Chase wants to live in harmony which, to me, is a pipe dream.

Poor Liz, she's not only going to be an outcast among Humans but among Zombies also.

Edited by Jacks-Son
26 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

So far, no one other than those Zombies and Humans closest to Baracus are aware that he's a Zombie, correct? I'm disappointed in Chase, I was hoping that his plan was to retreat from the mainland and bring all Zombies to Zombie Island.  I don't see what he is doing is any better than what Carey Gold proposed except she saw Zombies as a superior species and wanted to eradicate humans. Chase wants to live in harmony which, to me, is a pipe dream.

Poor Liz, she's not only going to be an outcast among Humans but among Zombies also.

I think that is exactly what he can't do now, or people will bomb the island for sure. Now there are the new Zombies to take care of, they need brains, if they lay waste to the Northwest the island zombies will be tarred with the same brush. FG needs to  help feed and maintain order in the city. 

Chase seems to be pretty pro zombie. A real mensch would have found the well liked Major a desk job. Has it ever been explained why 'the chaos killer' is so well liked by Zombies?

No one wants to eradicate humans, they're delicious. 

13 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Why would the humans be so stupid as to rush headlong to death like they did, with one gun between them and with the zombies having multiple machine guns? Like if you're going to try to take out a bunch of zombies, attempt to sneak up on them, get better armed, etc.

3 hours ago, CoderLady said:

It's a mob. I don't remember who, but someone said the intelligence of a mob is the IQ of its stupidest member divided by the number of people in it.

Also, too, they may not have thought that the zombies would kill them.  These are supposedly "friendly" zombies who would hesitate to kill people.  (Also, PLOT!!!!)

7 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

But I'm assuming more than 36 million people die annually worldwide, so given enough time and infrastructure, there would not be a brain shortage. 

How are going to get fresh brains from Syria or Eritrea? From Kazakhstan?  From North Korea?  Politics and logistics will keep them from getting a large proportion of world-wide brains.  They're not even sure they'll get all the brains in the US.  How many people would have an "anti-donor" card ("if I die, you can't give my brains to zombies.")

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I think that is exactly what he can't do now, or people will bomb the island for sure. Now there are the new Zombies to take care of, they need brains, if they lay waste to the Northwest the island zombies will be tarred with the same brush. FG needs to  help feed and maintain order in the city. 

Chase seems to be pretty pro zombie. A real mensch would have found the well liked Major a desk job. Has it ever been explained why 'the chaos killer' is so well liked by Zombies?

No one wants to eradicate humans, they're delicious. 

"No one wants to eradicate humans, they're delicious."  That's hilarious.

Hell, people will nuke Seattle if they learn that the plan is to just get along and perhaps bit by bit overtake the rest of the humans in  the world. It's all a no-win situation. Plus, if your diet consists solely of dead old people, that doesn't seem very nutritious no matter how delicious they are. Moldy bread is still moldy bread.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

if your diet consists solely of dead old people, that doesn't seem very nutritious no matter how delicious they are. Moldy bread is still moldy bread.

On the other hand, you get a full lifetime of memory.  Plus, they could (and probably would) mush the brains together into Brain Paste.  "Soylent Blue is people!!!!!" "Yes, dear, we know -- that's why we eat it!!!"

4 hours ago, The Companion said:

That's what happened in Daybreakers. One of the main vampires got turned early because he was terminal.

As for exploitation, look at FG. Their soldiers took risks and drank Max Rager because of their condition.

iZombie is an awful story about reversal of fortune. Liv was a promising doctor and Major was a caring social worker. Their lives were ruined by zombies. Ravi was right about the zombie virus and he lost his job at the CDC in disgrace. Blaine was a two-bit thug and became the king of zombies by spreading a plague and capitalizing on it.

I hope next year, Ravi's vaccine cures FG and all the new zombies, but Liv can't be cured because she's been dead too long and has to remain the way she is (and in secret).

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ketose said:

That's what happened in Daybreakers. One of the main vampires got turned early because he was terminal.

As for exploitation, look at FG. Their soldiers took risks and drank Max Rager because of their condition.

iZombie is an awful story about reversal of fortune. Liv was a promising doctor and Major was a caring social worker. Their lives were ruined by zombies. Ravi was right about the zombie virus and he lost his job at the CDC in disgrace. Blaine was a two-bit thug and became the king of zombies by spreading a plague and capitalizing on it.

I hope next year, Ravi's vaccine cures FG and all the new zombies, but Liv can't be cured because she's been dead too long and has to remain the way she is (and in secret).

Even if he has a cure, will everyone take it? If you are in a high risk profession (like the soldiers), you get a distinct advantage from being a zombie. FG may have started to address the zombie issue as a self-preservation, but it is clear that some people thing of it as an advantage or improvement.

2 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Also, too, they may not have thought that the zombies would kill them.  These are supposedly "friendly" zombies who would hesitate to kill people.  (Also, PLOT!!!!)

I don't run around killing people willy-nilly either, but if a weapon toting mob charges me I'm definitely going to fight back to the best of my ability.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, The Companion said:

Even if he has a cure, will everyone take it? If you are in a high risk profession (like the soldiers), you get a distinct advantage from being a zombie. FG may have started to address the zombie issue as a self-preservation, but it is clear that some people thing of it as an advantage or improvement.

They might not have a choice. In "The Last Ship" they found a way to make a vaccine / cure contagious.

10 hours ago, Affogato said:

9 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

As far as we know, FG zombies, Our Heroes and possibly his family know he's a zombie. I don't think it's been expressly stated if his family does, or his late dominatrix or whatever.

Chase, as far as we know, was only making the best of a bad situation. He presumably guessed wrong and thought Carey's plan was to have humans get ill so there would be a lot of brains available and/or so that if D-Day came, the (let's say) 1,000 or so zombies would be better positioned against the human population. 

Once it became clear that their plan was to infect humans to the point where the zombie population would swell to (let's say) upward of a million, it was too late to recall the infected vaccine.

That said, FG did put together the "Here's the deal with zombies" video and the brain food drops together pretty darn quickly....

You know, I think that the notion of zombies living in harmony with humans in a liberal place like Seattle isn't out of the realm of possibility.

And I think Liv will still be welcome among both zombies and humans for the most part. If they ever find out that she was instrumental in stemming the rate of zombie infection.

8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

How are going to get fresh brains from Syria or Eritrea? From Kazakhstan?  From North Korea?  Politics and logistics will keep them from getting a large proportion of world-wide brains.  They're not even sure they'll get all the brains in the US.  How many people would have an "anti-donor" card ("if I die, you can't give my brains to zombies.")

Money makes the world go round, and makes brains ship around the world.

Papa Blaine, and now Blaine has tried to set up a business shipping brains from around the world. He and Papa Blaine have gotten brains from Bangladesh and Russia.

Given that Blaine was able to make $25k per brain with just a handful of zombies in existence, there's definitely a lot of money to be made now that there are (again, for sake of discussion) 100,000 zombies. Of course, Blaine targeted specific people who already had the money, and was in a black market that basically faced no competition. With the existence of zombies out in public, there's an argument that the price would drop because there'd be more competition for the brain business. 

Around the world, there'd be people who would take $10k to allow their brains to be harvested after death, I'd imagine.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Money makes the world go round, and makes brains ship around the world.

Papa Blaine, and now Blaine has tried to set up a business shipping brains from around the world. He and Papa Blaine have gotten brains from Bangladesh and Russia.

Given that Blaine was able to make $25k per brain with just a handful of zombies in existence, there's definitely a lot of money to be made now that there are (again, for sake of discussion) 100,000 zombies. Of course, Blaine targeted specific people who already had the money, and was in a black market that basically faced no competition. With the existence of zombies out in public, there's an argument that the price would drop because there'd be more competition for the brain business. 

Around the world, there'd be people who would take $10k to allow their brains to be harvested after death, I'd imagine.

Blaine originally murdered street kids to get brains. He got $25K by extorting rich people he infected. He made others pay in obedience, like his enforcers or zombie hooker Natalie. The average American spends $8,000 a year on food. If they only ever ate raw brains instead, it would come to less than $700 per brain a working person would have available.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

1) Carey's plan was to have humans get ill so there would be a lot of brains available

2) Money makes the world go round, and makes brains ship around the world.

1) The teens thought this was going to happen -- they thought a swim team was going to be their snack.

2) Blaine and Dear Old Dad got brains from afar, but not in quantity, and under the table, so they didn't have to deal with Politburos or Knessets or the like .  Setting up the infrastructure and working officially with foreign governments (national and local) won't be cheap or easy.

2 minutes ago, ketose said:

The average American spends $8,000 a year on food. If they only ever ate raw brains instead, it would come to less than $700 per brain a working person would have available.

You'll have zombies that can't afford to buy brains at anything over a few hundred dollars if that.  Will the people who currently think it's OK to let kids starve be willing to give them free brains?

• Love 1