Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Looking for Mr. Goodbrain, Part 2

This did a better job wrapping up lose ends than I expected, but it still felt like a disjointed season.  I'll stay tuned for the next season and see how Zombieland plays out.

I suspected there was something wrong with the vaccine, but didn't realize it was a recruitment drive.  And Justin's complicit in mass exposure.  Chase Graves is at best gray.  And Major gives up humanity to become a zombie, and then goes around scratching the terminally ill?  That's an about face. 

Poor Clive and Bozio.  Clive really was the best character this season.  Ravi recovered a bit at the end, in spite of trying to test his immunity 30 seconds after getting a vaccine (!?).

Not sure how I feel about the 9/11 reference with the mayor reading the school book to the kids.

• Love 8

I liked it!  Can't wait to see how Season 4 plays out.

3 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

Not sure how I feel about the 9/11 reference with the mayor reading the school book to the kids.

Nice riff on "Everything changed in a moment."  Well played, show.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

This did a better job wrapping up lose ends than I expected, but it still felt like a disjointed season.  I'll stay tuned for the next season and see how Zombieland plays out.

I suspected there was something wrong with the vaccine, but didn't realize it was a recruitment drive.  And Justin's complicit in mass exposure.  Chase Graves is at best gray.  And Major gives up humanity to become a zombie, and then goes around scratching the terminally ill?  That's an about face. 

Poor Clive and Bozio.  Clive really was the best character this season.  Ravi recovered a bit at the end, in spite of trying to test his immunity 30 seconds after getting a vaccine (!?).

I knew the vaccine was filled with zombie as soon as Chase hesitated when Clive asked about it in the FG office. I also have the benefit of watching a short-lived show called Matador where the villain also created a virus outbreak to distribute tainted vaccine.

Plan B doesn't seem all that great, either. Seattle has about 750,000 people and maybe a few thousand were vaccinated? If I ran the country, I would seriously think about some non-nuclear fuel air bombs to prevent a zombie apocalypse.

So, I'm hoping Ravi's vaccine works (probably) and that his blood can be the growth medium (maybe) instead of the stupid ass unobtainium of the Utopium that Ravi can't seem to taint in the same way.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, The Wild Sow said:

When did Blaine go back to using DeBeers?  I thought he was going by his real name, McDonough, now.

And is his Dad still chained up in the well?  Dude must be getting pretty hungry by now!

The weird part is that he told Chase his name was Blaine McDonough a few episodes ago, but Chase called him DeBeers in this episode.

The last we saw, Blaine went to the well and threw down some brain pieces. I think he wants Dad to survive enough to know he's in a well.

• Love 3

I was upset that Major zombie'd himself again. After all that trouble to get him the cure. But I hope that he and Liv can become a couple again. Their other relationships have not worked out well. 

Ravi was so careful before, testing his potential cures on rats, and now he just takes an untested vaccine, just like that? I'm guessing he will turn zombie, then later develop a vaccine, then a cure. Maybe being a zombie will bring back the witty, sarcastic, fun Ravi of the first 2 seasons.

Honestly, I'm not sure I blame those humans who broke into the gun shop. They had just heard on the news that the city is full of zombies and thousands more have just become new, hungry zombies. I'd want a gun too.

• Love 8

At least Liv at the decency to tell Justin about her affair right away. Good on him for ending things. Well, that was until he was fully on board with the whole zombie vaccine plan. Him and Major both being on board makes me sad and a little pissed. I get Major wanting to do some good here, but I'm worried about him being part of FG's plan. It also sucks that he became a zombie again, but at least it was by his own choice.

2 minutes ago, KaleyFirefly said:

I was upset that Major zombie'd himself again. After all that trouble to get him the cure. But I hope that he and Liv can become a couple again. Their other relationships have not worked out well. 

To be fair, without that cure, Major would have died. He didn't have a choice when he became a zombie, he didn't have a choice when Liv cured him, and then the rest of the time was spent figuring out how to save his life. But I'm hoping for Major/Liv too. Now that they're both zombies, maybe things can be worked out.

What a poor explanation as to why Carey Gold killed all those people. Bad writing in that scene, with the whole Plan B thing. It was a stupid plan to begin with, and now they have at least a couple thousand more zombies roaming around.  

So, Clive is going to be dating a zombie. That'll be a change for him.

No, Ravi, no! But it's too late since he got scratched by Liv. I doubt the vaccine will work right off the bat, but I'm hoping that he'll eventually find that cure next season.

I'm on the side of the humans who are now looking to protect themselves. Not the crazy fanatics actively going out to kill zombies, but the ones who are genuinely afraid of being turned. They have every right to protect themselves because they're basically sitting ducks against zombies when they're angry or hungry. 

I liked seeing Liv with her new look, but I smiled at her defying Chase's compliment by going back to old school zombie. It will make her stick out like a sore thumb now that everyone knows about zombies, which worries me about how often her life could be in danger. Also, I imagine some innocent humans could end up dying next season because of fanatics convinced that certain people are zombies. Hopefully Major isn't part of that. 

• Love 4

My DVR didn't record it. :( I'll have to catch it on demand, or their app. I wondered if Ravi would be scratched, or turned somehow. 

If they cause an outbreak, that could kill everyone, and are willingly scratching some people, who would be left to... eat?? They've stuck with them eating the brains of those who died naturally, or were murdered (by someone else, when it comes to those who aren't Blaine). 

8 minutes ago, KaleyFirefly said:

Ravi was so careful before, testing his potential cures on rats, and now he just takes an untested vaccine, just like that? I'm guessing he will turn zombie, then later develop a vaccine, then a cure.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm hoping for a Veronica Mars finale here.  You know where every season Logan and Veronica get together in the finale, have a relationship over the summer and then poof are broken up before the premiere.

I'm hoping that Ravi found the cure.  Vaccinates everyone over the Summer and poof the circumstances of the finale reduced several defcon levels by the premiere.

The conspiracy and evil corporation and politician/kingpin parts of this show are not good.  Never have been and I fear never will be.  Its what I sit through to get to the entertaining parts or episodes.

They will have to essentially reboot the show to make this storyline work.  They aren't going to be able to pull of the case of the week with zombies an open secret  

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm on the side of the humans who are now looking to protect themselves. Not the crazy fanatics actively going out to kill zombies, but the ones who are genuinely afraid of being turned. They have every right to protect themselves because they're basically sitting ducks against zombies when they're angry or hungry. 

Honestly, everyone working for Chase needs to be taken out.  If that includes Major then so be it.  Its too bad Liv and their victims are going to be persecuted with them.

There is no way Chase's plan works.  Everyone has seen this scenario in vampire movies where people eventually become the monster or the food.  Its not hard to spin a scenario where zombies still want to have sex with non-zombies or rich people want to live forever and the sick don't want to die.  Containing to Seattle is not a promise anyone will believe Chase can or will want to keep.

1 hour ago, ketose said:

If I ran the country, I would seriously think about some non-nuclear fuel air bombs to prevent a zombie apocalypse.

Basically this.

• Love 8

Well, if nothing else, iZombie certainly isn't afraid to change the game at the end of each season.  Thanks to Filmore Graves, not only does the public know about zombies, but a whole bunch have just been turned against their will, thanks to lacing all the vaccines with zombie blood or something.  And the riots are already starting and everyone is choosing sides.  This should get ugly!

Loved the way Clive revealed the truth to Boz, and the two of them were starting to get closer again.  So, of course, it had to mean that Clive would be too late to stop her from getting the shot, so now she's a zombie.  Awkward!  I hope they explore this going forward next season.  Then again, will Jessica Harmon have time to do this and The 100, or will something have to give?  Who will it be?!  Boz or Niylah?!!

The reveal that it had been this Carey Gold character who was behind almost everything was a bit underwhelming, since I didn't even know her name until now. Totally knew though that Chase had a back-up gun.  He is way too smart to not have one.  Still wished Clive had been the one to finish her off.

At least Liv didn't keep what happened from Justin, but I don't blame him for breaking up with her.  Even if the brain was really messing with her, I really can't believe she didn't have one moment to tell someone what was going on, so they could keep an eye on her.  Even looking past the cheating aspect, she could have infected more, had they been regular humans.

Not much Blaine, but it sure looks like he and Don E. are benefiting from the Zombie outbreak.  And I have to imagine his little scene with Chase is going to lead to somewhere big.

Peyton as Baracus' Chief of Staff could be just what the character needs.

Well, it was nice having normal looking Liv/Rose McIver, while it lasted!

Major gets re-zombiefied, in order to rejoin Filmore Graves.  Again, poor, poor Major.

The final scene with Live and Ravi was great and well acted by both Rose McIver and Rahul Kohli.  I suspect Ravi won't turn, but something will happen to prevent everyone from getting the new zombie vaccine.

Overall, this season was a bit uneven compared to the past two.  Probably had a bit too many side stories and plot to chew on and few misfires, especially the Blaine/Peyton/Ravi triangle debacle, that actually made me dislike those characters for a scene or two (and anything that can make me not look forward to Ravi is a major offense.)  Still, this show continues to be one of my favorites, and I'm looking forward to more.  Congrats to all, but as I mentioned in almost all other posts, gold star to Malcolm Goodwin, who I think was easily the MVP this season, and having Clive in the know was one of the best decisions this show has ever done. 

• Love 8

Still about a half hour to go, and there is still time for the episode to surprise and wow me, but I have to say I am very, very disappointed in the Cary Gold reveal. Not only did it more or less come from nowhere, but the revelation was done in a bad Sherlockian deduction monologue, and by someone other than the main cast- with none of the main cast being involved whatsoever! Really, really disappointing so far. No satisfaction for Clive, no sense of accomplishment for our crime solving protagonists... bleah.

• Love 5

I like that we're headed to a completely new premise for next season, it's exciting! And I hope Ravi doesn't turn, we need to still have some humans on the show- that should remain Ravi and Clive at least. I also like that Dale's coming back now and her and Clive have to deal with the whole awkward zombie/human relationship.

• Love 2

Filmore Graves is Seattle based, but I'm sure they operate out of different locales and that the message Chase sent to people in power was a little different then the one played on the station. 

You firebomb Seattle, if you don't get every zombie, especially every FG zombie you know there are standing orders to retaliate. They probably have hidden detachments outside of the city. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay- that pretty much felt like a series finale. Do we know if this has actually been renewed?

In any event, still ended up disappointed after the half hour mark. Too much Chase Graves narrative, and not nearly enough of the actual cast of characters I've come to love on this show the past three seasons. Clive gets his love life pushed down the same well as Liv and Major; practically everyone gets montaged at the end while Chase gives his play by play flash-forward monologue.  Even Justin- who I never really came to like that much and always felt was sort of forced into the plot- ends up getting the shaft.

The scene with Liv and Ravi at the end was touching, but didn't really fit the rest of the episode. There was never any real payoff to the Mr. Boss plot, the Cary Gold/Aleutian flu thing kind of fizzled; the dominatrix/blackmail/video storyline didn't really get answered, did it? Heck, even though Bozzio mentions her Russian hacking case was somehow related to the brain theft (for some reason?) we still never learned who killed the Dungeon Master from "Twenty Sided Die!" several episodes back.

Don't get me wrong- I think the premise for next season (if there is one) could be interesting, but it was handled pretty poorly, and the writers I think juggled too many plots this season and didn't adequately address them all.

Plus, I'm still sore about Natalie. Dammit.

EDIT: Forgot another dropped plot point- what happened to Ravi's cure?

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 5
(edited)

Okay- that pretty much felt like a series finale. Do we know if this has actually been renewed?

The renewal was announced a while back. They start shooting again this summer, August I think. 

ETA Sorry, I should also add that despite that, it likely won't be back on the air until April, just like this season. Which feels like an insane amount of time to wait for a resolution to this cliffhanger. 

Edited by Delwyn
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

At least Liv at the decency to tell Justin about her affair right away. Good on him for ending things. Well, that was until he was fully on board with the whole zombie vaccine plan. Him and Major both being on board makes me sad and a little pissed. I get Major wanting to do some good here, but I'm worried about him being part of FG's plan. It also sucks that he became a zombie again, but at least it was by his own choice.

To be fair, without that cure, Major would have died. He didn't have a choice when he became a zombie, he didn't have a choice when Liv cured him, and then the rest of the time was spent figuring out how to save his life. But I'm hoping for Major/Liv too. Now that they're both zombies, maybe things can be worked out.

What a poor explanation as to why Carey Gold killed all those people. Bad writing in that scene, with the whole Plan B thing. It was a stupid plan to begin with, and now they have at least a couple thousand more zombies roaming around.  

So, Clive is going to be dating a zombie. That'll be a change for him.

No, Ravi, no! But it's too late since he got scratched by Liv. I doubt the vaccine will work right off the bat, but I'm hoping that he'll eventually find that cure next season.

I liked seeing Liv with her new look, but I smiled at her defying Chase's compliment by going back to old school zombie. It will make her stick out like a sore thumb now that everyone knows about zombies, which worries me about how often her life could be in danger. Also, I imagine some innocent humans could end up dying next season because of fanatics convinced that certain people are zombies. Hopefully Major isn't part of that. 

WRT Carey Gold, I think it's a fair explanation. Zombie Island is an inherently dumb idea, as she pointed out. Humans were never going to let that go, and even if the government wouldn't bomb the crap out of it, there would be lone gunmen like the late Harley who would step up.. But, the Viv faction was too deadset (heh!) on Zombie Island, so Carey and other like-minded FG employees worked to subvert things, and then killed the old guard when that wasn't good enough. She killed Catty because Catty finally discovered zombies were real. (Although how stupid were Patrice and the other one to have been eating brains with the blinds open?)

It's disappointing because Carey had  been so in the background and had not really displayed much of any personality. (And heck, remembering her name was a bit of a chore.)

I kind of wish that Chase had been responsible for half of the bad stuff. Oh well.

It's sort of sad that Clive and Boz are more willing to make a human/zombie romantic relationship than Major and Liv were.

Now that D-Day is here, zombies might not bother with the fake tanning and dyeing. There might be a lot more zombies who look like Liv.

2 hours ago, Anela said:

My DVR didn't record it. :( I'll have to catch it on demand, or their app. I wondered if Ravi would be scratched, or turned somehow. 

If they cause an outbreak, that could kill everyone, and are willingly scratching some people, who would be left to... eat?? They've stuck with them eating the brains of those who died naturally, or were murdered (by someone else, when it comes to those who aren't Blaine). 

The thing is, unlike conventional zombies, iZombie-verse zombies are rational and can control their appetites somewhat. There are a lot of people who die various natural deaths across the globe. So getting brains shipped to Seattle would hypothetically keep zombies fed and relatively safe.

2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The conspiracy and evil corporation and politician/kingpin parts of this show are not good.  Never have been and I fear never will be.  Its what I sit through to get to the entertaining parts or episodes.

They will have to essentially reboot the show to make this storyline work.  They aren't going to be able to pull of the case of the week with zombies an open secret  

Honestly, everyone working for Chase needs to be taken out.  If that includes Major then so be it.  Its too bad Liv and their victims are going to be persecuted with them.

There is no way Chase's plan works.  Everyone has seen this scenario in vampire movies where people eventually become the monster or the food.  Its not hard to spin a scenario where zombies still want to have sex with non-zombies or rich people want to live forever and the sick don't want to die.  Containing to Seattle is not a promise anyone will believe Chase can or will want to keep.

Basically this.

There are a lot of directions they can take the show. But one they sort of laid the groundwork for is the creation of a special justice system to deal with zombie-related crimes. Undoubtedly there are going to be human-on-zombie crimes, zombie-on-zombie crimes and zombie-on-human crime. All of which can have Liv, Clive and Bossio trying to solve. 

There are going to be some people who want to leave Seattle, but then again, part of leaving Seattle means leaving the support system FG puts together. Having to fetch your own brains is not the best. Nor is leaving behind whatever connections you might have in Seattle. And if someone figures out you're from Seattle, it's not like you're going to have the warmest reception.

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

The reveal that it had been this Carey Gold character who was behind almost everything was a bit underwhelming, since I didn't even know her name until now. Totally knew though that Chase had a back-up gun.  He is way too smart to not have one.  Still wished Clive had been the one to finish her off.

At least Liv didn't keep what happened from Justin, but I don't blame him for breaking up with her.  Even if the brain was really messing with her, I really can't believe she didn't have one moment to tell someone what was going on, so they could keep an eye on her.  Even looking past the cheating aspect, she could have infected more, had they been regular humans.

Not much Blaine, but it sure looks like he and Don E. are benefiting from the Zombie outbreak.  And I have to imagine his little scene with Chase is going to lead to somewhere big.

Peyton as Baracus' Chief of Staff could be just what the character needs.

Major gets re-zombiefied, in order to rejoin Filmore Graves.  Again, poor, poor Major.

The final scene with Live and Ravi was great and well acted by both Rose McIver and Rahul Kohli.  I suspect Ravi won't turn, but something will happen to prevent everyone from getting the new zombie vaccine.

Overall, this season was a bit uneven compared to the past two.  Probably had a bit too many side stories and plot to chew on and few misfires, especially the Blaine/Peyton/Ravi triangle debacle, that actually made me dislike those characters for a scene or two (and anything that can make me not look forward to Ravi is a major offense.)  Still, this show continues to be one of my favorites, and I'm looking forward to more.  Congrats to all, but as I mentioned in almost all other posts, gold star to Malcolm Goodwin, who I think was easily the MVP this season, and having Clive in the know was one of the best decisions this show has ever done. 

We were basically given three options for who could have been behind everything: Carey Gold, Chase and D.A. Baracus. (I guess there's some possibility that some random FG employee was behind it, but that seems like a longshot.)

Baracus himself doesn't seem bright enough to have pulled it off.

Chase wasn't around from the beginning of the season, so it seems unlikely he would have killed the Tuttle-Reids. And also, it seemed very unlikely that the show would make Jason Dohring (sp?) into a total monster because they wanted to keep the possibility of Chliv?Lase?

It's going to take a lot to make Peyton not annoying.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

I was upset that Major zombie'd himself again. After all that trouble to get him the cure.

Yeah, how many times are they going to go back to this plot? Is he going to be cured again next season?

They managed to pretty much wrap things up, but I feel really disatisfied. Maybe because I didn't really like this season to begin with. Hopefully they'll find a better direction next season. Has the show been renewed yet?

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, The Wild Sow said:
9 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

Nice riff on "Everything changed in a moment."  Well played, show.

Nor am I. I'm leaning toward "there was another way to make that point."

8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The reveal that it had been this Carey Gold character who was behind almost everything was a bit underwhelming, since I didn't even know her name until now.

I agree; Carey had been too minor a player for too long for her to work as the Big Bad. (Well, she wasn't the Big Bad, but you know what I mean.) We should have seen her more often.

8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

How weird is it that I think I prefer OG Zombie Liv?

4 hours ago, GaT said:
9 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

I was upset that Major zombie'd himself again. After all that trouble to get him the cure.

Yeah, how many times are they going to go back to this plot? Is he going to be cured again next season?

How many times can one person go back and forth between human and zombie? I know for plot purposes Major keeps surviving, but there has to be some sort of toll.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

That was such a sad episode.  The bad guys won, and the zombies got to infect an untold number of innocent people with an incurable virus.

They never explained who stole Ravi's doses of the cure.  I guess the plot fairies took it so that the show could continue.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ketose said:

Plan B doesn't seem all that great, either. Seattle has about 750,000 people and maybe a few thousand were vaccinated? If I ran the country, I would seriously think about some non-nuclear fuel air bombs to prevent a zombie apocalypse.

At the very least, the CDC and the full apparatus of the United States government has GOT to come down hard on containing this.  Establish a strong quarantine around Seattle.  There's no simpler way to put this: an outbreak of a dangerous and highly contagious disease has infected thousands of people in Seattle.  It's sort of like HIV or Ebola or some of the more deadly influenza outbreaks.  Except worse.  Those diseases, when untreated, leave the victim weaker until they eventually die.  Zombie virus makes them stronger and more dangerous.  It never actually kills the victim.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Exactly.  Containment of a contagious disease is not something you just cross your fingers and hope happens.

I personally think the U.S. military needs to be involved in shutting down Chase Graves' vigilante army and the CDC needs to step in to contain the outbreak.  Ravi needs to be brought on board with them to bring his expertise to bear in finding a cure.

That was epic stupidity of Ravi taking his vaccine, having Liv scratch him, and hoping it works.  What happened to all his lab rats?

• Love 5

Guys, I don't care if it was an easy joke-- choreographer brains was the best! and I appreciate the effort for a little levity in a jam-packed finale.

Now, as for the 37 plots they had to wrap up-- agree with many here that think the show should have given Cary a larger role throughout the season so that the reveal that she was the secret Big Bad made a bit more sense. (Aha! It was that person-- who's been off the to the side, the whole time!). 

and I'm still a little annoyed we don't have any resolution to the dominatrix murder or the who stole the cures plots--

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Guys, I don't care if it was an easy joke-- choreographer brains was the best! and I appreciate the effort for a little levity in a jam-packed finale.

Now, as for the 37 plots they had to wrap up-- agree with many here that think the show should have given Cary a larger role throughout the season so that the reveal that she was the secret Big Bad made a bit more sense. (Aha! It was that person-- who's been off the to the side, the whole time!). 

and I'm still a little annoyed we don't have any resolution to the dominatrix murder or the who stole the cures plots--

OK, someone must have seen Veronica Mars.

Spoiler

Remember that season where the person who turned out to be a really crazy, bad person was quiet, unassuming and generally well liked up until then, because from Veronica's perspective he was a quiet person that she kind of liked? Cassidy? Does this remind you of anything?

I'm thinking that, like the VM character, she'll make more sense in retrospect, set off fewer alarms episodically. Liv, acting brain crazy. Chase, so very distracting with those abs and biceps. 

VM and Izombie have some things in common, I think, and one is we are mostly seeing things from the leads point of view and Liv never got farther into Filmore Grave's than Viv's office. (well, until Chase's bed, but late in the game).

I think the Dominatrix thing was part of trying to get Baracus into office, possibly with other people positioned in authority in Seattle, benefiting FG whether they went with Plan A or Plan B, but the out and out murdery parts actually Carey. I think there is a good chance the cures were stolen by Carey, too, and are be held back as possible carrots for people. Giving people a cure for their child who would never grow up otherwise? What wouldn't someone do for that? Every show has to hold something back for the next year.

I'm not too on interested in the reboot. I liked this show not because of the zombie stuff, but because of the characters and Liv solving murders. Having half of Seattle (and Major AGAIN) being zombies seems unappealing. I will give it a try, but I'm still mad at them for unnecessarily killing Natalie. Plus, now Bozio is a zombie? At least Clive gets a good storyline next season.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Thrifty said:

At the very least, the CDC and the full apparatus of the United States government has GOT to come down hard on containing this.  Establish a strong quarantine around Seattle.  There's no simpler way to put this: an outbreak of a dangerous and highly contagious disease has infected thousands of people in Seattle.  It's sort of like HIV or Ebola or some of the more deadly influenza outbreaks.  Except worse.  Those diseases, when untreated, leave the victim weaker until they eventually die.  Zombie virus makes them stronger and more dangerous.  It never actually kills the victim.

Okay, crazy person.

This is not a dangerous contagious disease anymore, it is a disability. It is a disability that can be treated a lot more cheaply that a lot of other disabilities/diseases/genetic syndromes with something that people aren't using (brains once dead, although people do have issues with that sort of thing, like they do with recycling hearts or kidneys, too, sometimes). People with zombism can lead long, healthy productive lives and will make companies that make hot sauce rich as hell. Now that it is in the open research can start on vaccines, see Ravi (and yeah that wasn't realistic), trying to find artificial substances, even um vegan substances that will work as brain substitutes.

Yup, zombie crossed lovers will have a vogue.

Yes, there will be rumors, many true, that actors have turned themselves to stay young forever.

Yes, there are going to be people who strap bombs to themselves, drive planes into the needle, and want to bomb the city.

Also, FG is established world wide, has proved worth as military personnel, zombie-ism is not confined to seattle. There is a stick as well as carrot.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Okay, crazy person.

This is not a dangerous contagious disease anymore, it is a disability. It is a disability that can be treated a lot more cheaply that a lot of other disabilities/diseases/genetic syndromes with something that people aren't using (brains once dead, although people do have issues with that sort of thing, like they do with recycling hearts or kidneys, too, sometimes). People with zombism can lead long, healthy productive lives and will make companies that make hot sauce rich as hell.

I've never heard of a disability that you could pass on to other people by scratching them.  The highly infectious nature of this makes it a disease.

Edited by Thrifty
  • Love 7

Love the cheese plate with the blue brain wedged into servings. The bowl with the brain appetizers, advertising the bar. The choreographer brain. Wonderful.

Really liked Chase now that he finally gets to have something to do, although he is kind of a fundamentalist Zombie person and I'm sure that will increasingly become an issue. Keep that dog safe, dude. Chase actually would do well matched with Liv, he would take the weirdness in stride.

Liv and Major are really much better as friends. Major is so in need of a group to join and belong to because, what the hell? Also, turning back and forth has got to be really hard on some part of the body and what is going to happen with his future children, if any? Anyone's future children, really? It just seems like a bad bet at this point. Have we figured out why he has these rejection issues?

I enjoyed that Clive was disease phobic and continued to be afraid in this episode, continuity. I'm sorry about Bozio. It would be nice if someone's relationships worked out.

Those two teens are horribly, horribly creepy. They may have stabbed, hit Katty and Carey may have disposed of her for the girls, I think that solved that mystery.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, twoods said:

I'm not too on interested in the reboot. I liked this show not because of the zombie stuff, but because of the characters and Liv solving murders. Having half of Seattle (and Major AGAIN) being zombies seems unappealing. I will give it a try, but I'm still mad at them for unnecessarily killing Natalie. Plus, now Bozio is a zombie? At least Clive gets a good storyline next season.

Yes - I appreciate the writers feel the need to shake things up, and the original premise might have been running out of gas, but I feel like it is losing a bit of its original quirkiness and originality and morphing into a typical zombie show.  I will probably check out next year, but I have already started to lose a little interest this past year.

Unpopular opinion, while Chase has nice abs, I don't think he really has the presence for this part.  I don't think he is the best actor for this role (although I did miss the first part of this episode, so I cannot completely judge how he was this episode..

• Love 6

Thoughts on rewatch:

It's kind of a dick move for Justin and Major to not call to let people know that they were OK. Also a dick move for Liv to not have called Justin about where she was.

I, too, am grateful that Liv didn't drag out the secret of where she was for like a half-dozen episodes. Justin seemed to take particular offense to Liv sleeping specifically with Chase. Is it just that Chase shot him in the stomach, or what?

Justin claims that he's been on brains and one can fight their influence if one wants to. Seems like a bit of a retcon from my point of view. Justin was on a steady diet of tube, and seemed to not know much about the concept of real brains until Major supplied him with zuumba instructor brain.

Also, is it true that one can fight off the effects of a brain? Liv had not seemed to be able to until Katty. Was that a function of there being real stakes (not wanting to zombify humans) or coincidence or what?

The choreographer blue brain was funny.

So there's some link between the dead D&D guy, hacking, Russia and the brains Blaine is importing from there. I guess we'll have to tune in next season to see what's up with that.

The Carey Gold plot was pretty convoluted, if you think about it. "I'm going to give Chase this barky dog, for red herring reasons, as opposed to just transporting it, period. I will put Aleutian flu in the dog's anti-barking collar. I'm going to then put the dog in a plane from Paris to Seattle and have my 13-year-old daughter be the one to transport it, as opposed to any of the mercenaries under my command. Then a bunch of people will be infected. Then I will infect them with the zombie virus when they are looking for the cure." It would have been way, way easier to simply have FG zombies infect who they want while most people don't know zombies exist. 

Glad Liv took Ravi down a peg by talking about how Katty wasn't choosy with her lovers.

I wonder if the FG merc who survived the explosion also survived being run over.

I also wonder if the alt-weekly reporter was like, "I told you so!" or if she's going to make a comeback.

I could have used a little more of the Chase/Blaine bad-boy off. 

Major's attempted burn of "Restroom's just down the hall" didn't make much sense.

I wish they had more space to play out why Major wanted to re-zombify. Is it because of post-traumatic stress? Is the idea that in losing Natalie, he lost whatever was good about humanity? Is it really about finding a place where he belongs? Is it because of guilt that 12 zombies died because of the going away party that was caused by his being human? I wonder if there will be a plot point about other FG zombies blaming him for their deaths.

The plan to break into Chase's home was silly. Anything they might have found wouldn't have been usable. And wasn't it a season or two ago when Clive was berating Liv for doing exactly that sort of vigilante thing? Maybe it's OK when he knows she's a zombie. They could have sought a warrant, or if they didn't want to do that, waited for a time where he was assuredly not at home for their break-in. Seems for a merc like Chase had pretty lax security. Also, I could have used some explanation as to how he knew Clive was there.

Clive and Liv basically putting their cards on the table doesn't work unless Chase is a good guy. Also, they probably should have asked Chase questions designed to elicit the stuff implicating Carey Gold or at least trying to get at the mysteries. Where did you get that dog? Can we test its collar? Who tried to kill Barracus? Who was at Wham Bam and would have had opportunity to plant the rifle?

How many women's names does Chase have on napkins, anyway?

Wonder if Baracus had any clue about the Gold plan to zombify folks. 

"You actually saw the murder?" Unfortunately, Clive, Liv never does. 

The confrontation between Carey and Chase: It makes me wonder why Chase had not apparently done much to investigate the disloyal faction in the company, especially when that disloyal faction blew up his sister-in-law and others. Or why Carey didn't just attempt to kill or co-opt Chase earlier. Chase's concern about having to kill so many zombies to make the plan work seems strange when there were also a bunch of humans who are going to be at risk. I

It's a little unearned for Boz to be back into Clive. Did Clive have any foreknowledge that Tanner was a zombie, or did he just piece it together?
So for the Liv/zombie teens thing to work: 1. Liv has to go without Clive or any other backup 2. At least one garage door has to be open. 3. A teenage zombie's smartphone needs to have been left unlocked. 4. Liv had to have her phone be dead 5. Liv needed to not see that there was someone in the tanning booth, and the person in the tanning booth needed to not hear Liv. 

I like that James Doohan (aka Scotty from Star Trek) got the elementary school shoutout. 

Liv's ability to sneak into the school without any of the mercs seeing her is pretty amazing. But then again, the mercs never managed to get even a shot off when they were chasing Liv. I could get that Justin had some ambiguous feelings about shooting her himself, but no reason why the others would.

Why is Chase only the COO? 

The foolishness of Ravi trying his own vaccine is self-evident.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

I've never heard of a disability that you could pass on to other people by scratching them.  The highly infectious nature of this makes it a disease.

HIV is an obvious comparison, yes it is a disease that can be transmitted sexually and through non sexual contact with bodily fluids, like zombie-ism, but people can also live their lives, which can be enhanced with drug regimens and medical care, working and playing along side people who do not have the disease. Because you don't normally scratch and bleed on people, or at least I don't.  We've seen Liv live and work with non zombies, Ravi is not a zombie (yet) or Clive and she hasn't turned anyone that we know of...yes, she isn't a cardiologist which at this time seems like a good choice, but maybe in the future that could change.

A disability is a condition, it doesn't have to be present from birth and can be acquired by accident, illness or develop later in life, the substantially effects the persons cognitive, physical, mental, sensory, intellectual, etc functioning. I don't think this excludes things that can be also contagious and some diseases can disable people.

Zombie-ism is actually pretty darn easy to deal with as it stands in this world and imagine if more than Ravi were working on a cure, vaccine, or prophylaxis.

Also, usually we don't shoot people who have contagious diseases down in the streets, especially ones who can be easily treated (fed a few tablespoons of brain paste) and will no longer be a danger.

Romero's Zombies always were a metaphor for the problems inherent in an unequal distribution of wealth. These Zombies may be a plea for universal health care. Heh.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, CCTC said:

Unpopular opinion, while Chase has nice abs, I don't think he really has the presence for this part.  I don't think he is the best actor for this role (although I did miss the first part of this episode, so I cannot completely judge how he was this episode..

I tend to agree. With no attachments to the actor since I never watched Veronica Mars, I find the actor ok but kind of bland at times. He has chemistry with Liv from time to time and I chuckled at a couple of his lines, but he's not as attractive to me as Rahul or Robert are, and I don't find his acting to stand out. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

It's kind of a dick move for Justin and Major to not call to let people know that they were OK. Also a dick move for Liv to not have called Justin about where she was.

Definitely not a nice thing to do, but I'd like to think it was because both of them were still in shock and not thinking right. At the very least, Major looked like he was in shock when they got back to the house. Also, stupid writing trope that they felt the need to insert in. 

8 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I wish they had more space to play out why Major wanted to re-zombify. Is it because of post-traumatic stress? Is the idea that in losing Natalie, he lost whatever was good about humanity? Is it really about finding a place where he belongs? Is it because of guilt that 12 zombies died because of the going away party that was caused by his being human? I wonder if there will be a plot point about other FG zombies blaming him for their deaths.

It would have been nice for more explanation because Major had this one scene with Chase to ask him for the scratch and then...disappeared until the end of the episode.

The one thing about Carey's reveal of being the villain is that we've seen very little of her, then she got her big monologue and then died. It seems like any possibility of a female villain is quickly written off. Vivian ended up being a better person that previously thought, and Carey died before we really got a taste. Meanwhile, every other male villain gets to stick around and be evil. Something I can't help but notice now three seasons in. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Totally. Although maybe he wanted to test the vaccine on himself because his last non-animal test subject ended up lying about the results and then the cure got stolen? So he wanted a trustworthy test subject. Also, was it just a vaccine for the humans to prevent them from being infected? Or was it a lead to the cure to turn zombies back into humans? I need to rewatch. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Thoughts on rewatch:

I, too, am grateful that Liv didn't drag out the secret of where she was for like a half-dozen episodes. Justin seemed to take particular offense to Liv sleeping specifically with Chase. Is it just that Chase shot him in the stomach, or what?

Justin claims that he's been on brains and one can fight their influence if one wants to. Seems like a bit of a retcon from my point of view. Justin was on a steady diet of tube, and seemed to not know much about the concept of real brains until Major supplied him with zuumba instructor brain.

Also, is it true that one can fight off the effects of a brain? Liv had not seemed to be able to until Katty. Was that a function of there being real stakes (not wanting to zombify humans) or coincidence or what?

The choreographer blue brain was funny.

So there's some link between the dead D&D guy, hacking, Russia and the brains Blaine is importing from there. I guess we'll have to tune in next season to see what's up with that.

The Carey Gold plot was pretty convoluted, if you think about it. "I'm going to give Chase this barky dog, for red herring reasons, as opposed to just transporting it, period. I will put Aleutian flu in the dog's anti-barking collar. I'm going to then put the dog in a plane from Paris to Seattle and have my 13-year-old daughter be the one to transport it, as opposed to any of the mercenaries under my command. Then a bunch of people will be infected. Then I will infect them with the zombie virus when they are looking for the cure." It would have been way, way easier to simply have FG zombies infect who they want while most people don't know zombies exist. 

Glad Liv took Ravi down a peg by talking about how Katty wasn't choosy with her lovers.

I wonder if the FG merc who survived the explosion also survived being run over.

I also wonder if the alt-weekly reporter was like, "I told you so!" or if she's going to make a comeback.

I could have used a little more of the Chase/Blaine bad-boy off. 

Major's attempted burn of "Restroom's just down the hall" didn't make much sense.

The plan to break into Chase's home was silly. Anything they might have found wouldn't have been usable. And wasn't it a season or two ago when Clive was berating Liv for doing exactly that sort of vigilante thing? Maybe it's OK when he knows she's a zombie. They could have sought a warrant, or if they didn't want to do that, waited for a time where he was assuredly not at home for their break-in. Seems for a merc like Chase had pretty lax security. Also, I could have used some explanation as to how he knew Clive was there.

Clive and Liv basically putting their cards on the table doesn't work unless Chase is a good guy. Also, they probably should have asked Chase questions designed to elicit the stuff implicating Carey Gold or at least trying to get at the mysteries. Where did you get that dog? Can we test its collar? Who tried to kill Barracus? Who was at Wham Bam and would have had opportunity to plant the rifle?

How many women's names does Chase have on napkins, anyway?

Wonder if Baracus had any clue about the Gold plan to zombify folks. 

"You actually saw the murder?" Unfortunately, Clive, Liv never does. 

The confrontation between Carey and Chase: It makes me wonder why Chase had not apparently done much to investigate the disloyal faction in the company, especially when that disloyal faction blew up his sister-in-law and others. Or why Carey didn't just attempt to kill or co-opt Chase earlier. Chase's concern about having to kill so many zombies to make the plan work seems strange when there were also a bunch of humans who are going to be at risk. I

It's a little unearned for Boz to be back into Clive. Did Clive have any foreknowledge that Tanner was a zombie, or did he just piece it together?
So for the Liv/zombie teens thing to work: 1. Liv has to go without Clive or any other backup 2. At least one garage door has to be open. 3. A teenage zombie's smartphone needs to have been left unlocked. 4. Liv had to have her phone be dead 5. Liv needed to not see that there was someone in the tanning booth, and the person in the tanning booth needed to not hear Liv. 

I like that James Doohan (aka Scotty from Star Trek) got the elementary school shoutout. 

Liv's ability to sneak into the school without any of the mercs seeing her is pretty amazing. But then again, the mercs never managed to get even a shot off when they were chasing Liv. I could get that Justin had some ambiguous feelings about shooting her himself, but no reason why the others would.

Why is Chase only the COO? 

there's a lot here. I'm pretty sure Baracus, some of the other stuff, is held over to next season.

I think the teens attack on Liv is what they did with Katty, but she was hujan and they managed to subdue her, Carey just disposed of the body, yes hoping Chase would be framed.

Chase has only been there a short time--it took me a while to figure this out. COO would fit in with his traveling the world managing the blackwater type interests. I don't think he's been there long enough to be anything but acting head of something. He also has not had time to do a lot of stuff, really, and apparently does not have his finger on the slow pulse of FG, but neither did Viv.

I think he is supposed to be a good guy, sort of, at this point, just trying to support his people.

I think the whole dog collar thing has to be a crazy assed theory that gets them in the door, it makes no damn sense.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I tend to agree. With no attachments to the actor since I never watched Veronica Mars, I find the actor ok but kind of bland at times. He has chemistry with Liv from time to time and I chuckled at a couple of his lines, but he's not as attractive to me as Rahul or Robert are, and I don't find his acting to stand out. 

I don't like him as an epic love interest in VM but I really liked him and his acting, I think a lot of it is he got to be a lot more physically expressive. I'd like to see him do something where I thought I could fairly judge his acting now, just to figure out what to think.

The notion that Carey was trying to frame Chase doesn't make sense. As far as we know, Carey has no reason to believe that there is any connection between Chase and Katty. Also, even assuming that she knew, putting Katty in an alley by the hotel doesn't really do much to tie her to Chase, as there are hundreds of people who might be staying or working at the hotel alone, not to mention people who pass by it. It makes more sense that in searching Katty, Carey saw that she had a key for that particular hotel and thought it made more sense to dump her by there.

If Chase is "only" COO, it raises the question of who is its CEO. 

10 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

The notion that Carey was trying to frame Chase doesn't make sense. As far as we know, Carey has no reason to believe that there is any connection between Chase and Katty. Also, even assuming that she knew, putting Katty in an alley by the hotel doesn't really do much to tie her to Chase, as there are hundreds of people who might be staying or working at the hotel alone, not to mention people who pass by it. It makes more sense that in searching Katty, Carey saw that she had a key for that particular hotel and thought it made more sense to dump her by there.

If Chase is "only" COO, it raises the question of who is its CEO. 

Viv's husband was CEO, Viv was either CEO or acting CEO, Chase is COO and has only been in town a fairly brief period. I assume at some point there would be some process by which he would try to become CEO, either through the board, is there one?, or some other method as befits a large company in crisis. Carey wants/wanted the job for herself, she has amassed some mercenary support, at least locally, and 'ousted' Viv.  I don't think anyone is CEO at this point, Chase is Acting CEO. 

She knows Chase has some contact with Katty because Katty talked to her daughter, who was on the plane, and her daughter was transporting Chase's dog, which is now with him. Since I'm guessing the teens killed (or at least maimed so she had to kill) Katty she is probably trying to provide a compelling alternative theory, to draw a thought from the Veronica Mars movie, which would be that she was killed by someone at the hotel, someone who was associated with her investigation, perhaps, who would that be. She likely knows Ravi and Katty have a connection and that Clive and Liv know about it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Still about a half hour to go, and there is still time for the episode to surprise and wow me, but I have to say I am very, very disappointed in the Cary Gold reveal. Not only did it more or less come from nowhere, but the revelation was done in a bad Sherlockian deduction monologue, and by someone other than the main cast- with none of the main cast being involved whatsoever! Really, really disappointing so far. No satisfaction for Clive, no sense of accomplishment for our crime solving protagonists... bleah.

Yeah, that rankled. Sorry Rob Thomas, I know you must worship the ground Dohring sheds his clothes onto, but I watch this show for McIver, Goodwin, Kohli, and Buckley. And the latter two were all but absent from what could have been the finale of a series that I would have assumed Chase Graves to be the protagonist of if I were a first time watcher. Show not called iJason.

I will give the Carey Gold villain monologue one thing, she voiced out loud what I've believed from the moment I heard the Zombie Island plan: gathering all of them in one place is just begging the US government or another party to level the place and end the zombie threat in one fell swoop.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

I know you must worship the ground Dohring sheds his clothes onto, but I watch this show for McIver, Goodwin, Kohli, and Buckley.

I liked the character of Logan and Logan and Veronica had good chemistry, but there were times on that show that I thought too much emphasis might have gone into the actor/character as well (as well as the Veronica and Logan couple drama).  

If I were Johnny Frost doing that broadcast, I would have been sure to say something like, "It appears that the vaccines transmit a virus that involves a number of unusual symptoms," and then I would have explained them. That would be a hell of a lot more believable than saying, "It will turn you into a zombie."

Why wouldn't the powers that be have cut away from him as soon as he used the word zombie? I have a hard time believing that people listening took it seriously.

As for Jason Dohring as Chase, I have to agree that he seems miscast. If I hadn't seen him on Veronica Mars, I wouldn't have any clue what the fuss is about. There's something about him that reminds me of a little boy playing dressup as a soldier (the baggy uniform certainly doesn't help).

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

If I were Johnny Frost doing that broadcast, I would have been sure to say something like, "It appears that the vaccines transmit a virus that involves a number of unusual symptoms," and then I would have explained them. That would be a hell of a lot more believable than saying, "It will turn you into a zombie."

Why wouldn't the powers that be have cut away from him as soon as he used the word zombie? I have a hard time believing that people listening took it seriously.

The producer of the newscast also had gotten the vaccine. He had one of the "I got the shot!" stickers and Chase recognized him as "one of the tribe." So presumably the producer wanted to stop things from getting more chaotic than they already were.

Given there had already been a story in the alt-weekly about zombies being real and a newscast or more about the zombie truthers, I suspect that straight-up saying "zombie" would be OK. And if you were to describe one of the symptoms as craving human brains, might as well just say zombie.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

I think that, by using the word zombie and being completely honest, it not only informed the humans of what was going on, but it also informed the newly turned zombies, who would have had no clue and there could have been a dangerous outbreak without that information. Those new zombies were just as confused and in the dark about the truth, so they needed to be informed, so they could prepare for their new lifestyle and not go around, trying to eat people's brains. So I think that Liv told Johnny Frost to do the right thing so everyone could be safe and to minimize the damage. There was no good way of doing it, because of FG's decisions to turn hundreds of thousands into zombies. Luckily, Liv got to deliver the news before more people were turned against their will. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

WRT Carey Gold, I think it's a fair explanation. Zombie Island is an inherently dumb idea, as she pointed out. Humans were never going to let that go, and even if the government wouldn't bomb the crap out of it, there would be lone gunmen like the late Harley who would step up..

The problem is that Seattle is now "Zombie Not-an-Island", so what's to prevent the government from doing what Chase himself feared?

3 hours ago, Affogato said:

Those two teens are horribly, horribly creepy. They may have stabbed, hit Katty and Carey may have disposed of her for the girls, I think that solved that mystery.

3 hours ago, Affogato said:

I think the teens attack on Liv is what they did with Katty, but she was hujan and they managed to subdue her, Carey just disposed of the body, yes hoping Chase would be framed.

This explains the two types of wounds:  the teens stabbed Katty but for PLOT!!!! reasons, weren't able to kill her.  Carey showed up (for PLOT!!!! reasons) and took what she thought was the corpse.  When she opened the trunk to dispose of Katty, she realized she was still alive and whacked her -- making blunt force trauma the cause of death.

As for the Crawling Zombie -- he would have been OK if the car was perpendicular to him and ran over his lower half.  But it look like the car hit him straight on which would have squished his brains.

• Love 2
Just now, jhlipton said:

The problem is that Seattle is now "Zombie Not-an-Island", so what's to prevent the government from doing what Chase himself feared?

Bombing Zombie Island would have caused little to no collateral damage to humans. Bombing Seattle would, because there are presumably going to be hundreds of thousands of humans still there post D-Day.

Even assuming you would write off any humans stupid enough to stay in Seattle as acceptable losses, it would presumably be much more difficult to bomb a major city of 83 sq miles and get even a majority of zombies than it would be to bomb an island of, let's say 2-3 square miles.   

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Bombing Zombie Island would have caused little to no collateral damage to humans. Bombing Seattle would, because there are presumably going to be hundreds of thousands of humans still there post D-Day.

Even assuming you would write off any humans stupid enough to stay in Seattle as acceptable losses, it would presumably be much more difficult to bomb a major city of 83 sq miles and get even a majority of zombies than it would be to bomb an island of, let's say 2-3 square miles.   

The most interesting thing about this story is it isn't a standard 'z day' scenario :-)

• Love 2

As background, I enjoyed JD as Logan in VM but I wasn't head-over-heels for him. But I absolutely adored him on this show. What people are seeing as lack of expression or complaining about how he doesn't "stand out" - for me, that's his charm. He's so very dry; his sarcasm and one-liners have that much more zing for his lack of exuberance. As Chase, he's portraying himself as very 'in control' - as someone should be in his position; not prone to over-excitement (or any excitement, really), level-headed and prepared. The only time he "perked up" was when he and Liv were discussing sexual fantasies and even then, he didn't belie his eagerness as most guys would. I truly love him in this role. And his shirtlessness doesn't hurt.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, The Wild Sow said:

And is his Dad still chained up in the well?  Dude must be getting pretty hungry by now!

I was wondering if the hungry zombie super strength would enable him to break free. If Blaine is feeding him, I guess that forestalls that happening, but I wouldn't put it past this show to have the character get free. Someone could find the well, for that matter, and free him.

14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Even looking past the cheating aspect, she could have infected more, had they been regular humans.

The fact that she had enough control not to take up any of the humans on their propositions gives credence to Justin's notion that she could have resisted Chase, but didn't want to. If she really lacks control, she would have infected the humans who she had the chance to. Also, she's been taking mystery brains long enough to know that they have unpredictable effects, and should know enough to secure a babysitter if she truly lacks control.

12 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

It's sort of sad that Clive and Boz are more willing to make a human/zombie romantic relationship than Major and Liv were.

The show seems to be determined to make Clive the only consistently adult regular on the show.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How weird is it that I think I prefer OG Zombie Liv?

I do, too!

4 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Any disease, communicable or not, that is not curable and has a debilitating effect is a disability. But zombie-ism seems to actually give zombies super strength and healing powers, not debilitating symptoms. As long as they get brains, their condition is not really debilitating. But they absolutely do need "treatment" in the form of brains in order to stay "well".

4 hours ago, Affogato said:

Major is so in need of a group to join and belong to because, what the hell?

I thought part of it was that he can't get a job among humans anymore because of his reputation.

4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Also, all of this. I think he lost faith in humans after Harley blew everyone up and he also wants to avenge Natalie and defend the people who've been targeted. It's consistent with his character to cast his lot with the underdogs; in season 1 he was on the side of homeless youth. I also think he feels responsible for the deaths because they were all there out of loyalty to him when the explosion happened. Plus, maybe he gets to be with Liv if he's a zombie again.

I liked the finale. They managed to surprise me with the new direction for the show, and I'm glad they're coming back for another season, though I agree the writing is uneven and I don't 100% trust they'll pull it off.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I loved choreographer brain, too, and appreciated the light moment. 

It was also appropriately creepy, with the "breaking news" and the people crowding in for their vaccines, only to go crazy, running to get away when they heard the news. I had thought it was amusing that the anchor, Johnny Frost, used his job to push ahead of the line - typical of his character - but it tied in well with him giving the awful news. 

When I asked my question last night, about what they would eat, I hadn't realized that they were trying to keep it in Seattle, so that they'd still have food from people dying naturally (or however they die) every day, without murdering anyone. After so long without brains, they turn into what we see on The Walking Dead, so I didn't see the draw. How are they supposed to stop the rest of the country from just bombing Seattle, though? 

It felt like a series finale to me, too. They finished filming just before Christmas last year, so they didn't know if they'd be getting a new season. 

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Good points.