Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: 'Til DeAth Do Us Part

I still have so many Twincer questions. 

So Twincer helped Hanna escape when she was kidnapped? Why? Wasn’t she the one who took her? 

What was Twincer’s motive for impregnating Ali with Emily’s eggs fertilized by Wren’s sperm? Just to fuck with them? 

Why did Twincer go so easy on Mona after finding out she killed Charlotte? The whole point of the game was to find out who killed her beloved sister and then when she does find out, she just kind of lets it slide and then invites the killer to be on her team? But yet when she thought Hanna and Alison were guilty she was ready to torture them? 

Also I just remembered Alison’s class was reading Ezra’s book in the episode. I wonder how she introduced that lesson plan: “So class, this week we’re going to read a book by one of Rosewood High's former teachers, who was obsessed with me when I was 15, and who statutory raped one of my best friends after he stalked her and our other friends for a year.” 

• Love 21
(edited)

Okay, we ALL knew the twin plot was so unbelievably obvious that there was no way they would do it.  It had to be anybody else but Twincer, but here we are.  I feel like PTV, Reddit, and Tumblr collectively wrote that reveal and Marlene was like "sounds legit."  

The first part of this episode was extremely slow and a whole bunch of ship filler.  I've spent 7 years trying to make sense of this shit, I do not have time to watch Ezria have sex. 

The second part of the episode REALLY should have been an entire season.  They flew through SO much exposition trying to make sense of things and then it comes down to Jenna and a horse figuring it out in the last 10 minutes?

This was so predictable and campy that I was actually entertained for the second part. It was so bad that I enjoyed laughing at how ludicrous it was. 

I enjoyed seeing Troian and Ian locked in those rooms.  They've been the most vocal about how dumb this show is, I feel like Marlene was both throwing them a bone and getting back at them. 

Is Pam not dying?  Will Emison ever know who their baby daddy is? Why would Jenna call Toby and let him know that Spencer isn't Spencer if she hates all of them?  When did Jenna develop such a keen sense of smell?  Since when are teachers allowed to grab students (Ali) and call them bitches (Jenna)?  Why does Rosewood High keep hiring their most troublesome alumni?  When did Mona have enough time to meet a guy and convince him to pretend to be a cop for her and then build her a dollhouse in France?  Did Spencer inform her parents about her new twin?  Was Melissa really there in that horse scene with Spencer or is Mona a shape shifter?  So many questions. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 18

Alright, I couldn't stop thinking about if it made sense or not all night.

I came into the fandom in late season four right after Ali was officially alive.  I really liked the show and watched and rewatched to figure things out.  

Now, with the CeCe reveal, I honestly think it would have been better if she was torturing them because she thinks they were the reason she got kicked out of college rather than putting her in Radley and giving her story holes.

Now, with Alex, I think there were clues about the possibility of a twin from a while back, but I also think that if I was casual viewer this would have been better. As it is, I stopped watching after episode three this time bc I just couldn't deal with it. So I read people's reactions and ultimately binged over the weekend.  I think that helped bc I accepted Alex's story better.  However, when CeCe was revealed she didn't mention Alex even though she knew about her and neither did Wren which makes no sense and if she wanted a sister and friends she could have just revealed herself and been their friends.

Also that first scene was weird and I really didn't like Mona getting to keep them as dolls.

• Love 1
(edited)

Reading the lists I guess I am the only person who actually liked the show and didn't hate watch it.   (Never did understand the concept of hate watching but anyway).  The show was never perfect.  It was often a hot mess but it was a fun and entertaining hot mess.   There was a lot about it I wished didn't happen and wasn't endgame.  The biggest being Ezra and Aria but they were huge with teenagers and this is a teenager show so whatever.   I am ok with Ali and Emily and Spencer and Toby.  I think Hanna and Caleb are eventually going to self destruct which is sad because I always thought they were a cute pairing but again whatever.   I liked the Alex reveal.  Spencer has always been one of the top suspects as One of the As all the way back to the beginning.  So having it revolve back to her twin was cleverish.  I just wish the writing was better.  Still I will miss the crazy ass show.  

When it was good it was a blast to watch.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 9

The series finale was as crazypants as I knew it would be.     I kind of massively love that we know Mona’s living in Paris because she’s wearing that awesome beret and she gets to play with her creepyass dolls—life-size and fake--which we all know was her one great love.  And in the end she did what she does best—protect Hanna and save everyone’s lives.

I don’t see Hanna and Caleb’s relationship imploding anymore then I see the other girls.  The guys know who and what they were getting when all of the proposals happened and in the case of Hanna, she realized that she was wrong and decided to take steps to rectify the situation.  Her wanting to help Mona was her own feeling of guilt and wanting to help someone who clearly needed it and it wasn’t Hanna not caring about Caleb’s opinion.  Also, whatever happened to Mona’s mom.  I did like seeing the moms hanging out and drinking together but Pam needed to be there too.

The last hour felt rushed and man was TB’s British accent painfully bad, especially when we had Wren’s actual accent in the mix.  I did like the call back to Charlotte’s “I’d never hurt my dolls” –she considered Alex a real person and the other girls her dolls.  DAMN!!

All in all, it could have been worse :):)

• Love 7
(edited)

Awwwww, I loved seeing all five girls do the shhhh together in the credits!

The swirly camera while Aria and Ezra kissed on the backlot made me want to puke.

Emily and Alison's babies seemed way too big considering that the time jump was only supposed to be one year. Once you subtract 8-9 months for Alison being pregnant, those kids shouldn't be that old! Is it weird that I thought of Duncan's baby Lilly on Veronica Mars when Emily said that one of the babies was named Lily?

I was cracking up at Spencer's life. OF COURSE she's rescuing horses and buying old trucks on ebay.

I don't know why Spencer and Alison decided not only to keep The Lost Woods but to redecorate it, as if anyone wants to stay at the creepy motel where people have been kidnapped, tortured, etc. And I definitely don't know why they would want to throw a party there.

I can't believe we had to get another sex montage after the one we just had last week - and of the two worst relationships on the show!

On the plus side, I learned that QAT is a word. Thanks, Spencer!

Oh, good. The masks are back. Those things are like Papa Tunde's mystical knife of torment on The Originals - they NEVER go away.

I was totally with Byron on his smackdown of Ezra until he did a 180 and said that Ezra's utter lack of trying to explain why Bryon and Ella should be okay with him dating their teenage high school daughter somehow made everything better. WTF, Byron?

Ugh, it's the series finale and I'm supposed to care about Addison, Willa, and PLL: TNG? I DON'T.

I know it can be crushing to find out you can't have kids, but that doesn't mean Aria is letting down Ezra's stupid family. Like seriously, girl, don't add an imaginary guilt trip from them to whatever you're already feeling.

I had to laugh at Alison's reaction to being told that Mary Drake had escaped. "Are you serious? Our friend is getting married today!" Like it's all about the inconvenience of possibly getting murdered at a friend's wedding that's the worst part of it.

How did Alex even get a gun in the UK? And how did she get any medical treatment for a gunshot wound? She couldn't just go to a hospital in London because that would raise way too many questions. I know Wren was a doctor, but without treating her in a hospital he wouldn't have access to all kinds of things like anesthesia and other medical equipment.

Aria's wedding dress was so fug. Modern Bride? Really, Pam?

I laughed SO HARD at the birth flashback because the Olde Tyme clothes were back. Not only was Peter in a trenchcoat and hat like an old fashioned PI but the nurse was wearing a white hat and dress, like Spencer was born in the 50s instead of the 90s.

How in the holy fuck did Alex create an underground reproduction of Rosewood beneath Toby's house without anyone knowing? She must have found the most discreet contractors ever! They must have been amazingly efficient too because Toby sold the house only a year ago. I wish I could have heard Alex discussing the plans with the contractor. "I need some prison cells with keypad access and a replica of the neighborhood right underneath the actual house. You can totally dig underneath the existing house without a problem, right?"

I guess the show couldn't afford to have Ezra's brother come back for the wedding? And all we saw of Lucas was in the dream sequence? I guess I'm okay with Jason not being at the wedding since his only connection is that he hooked up with Aria a million years ago.

Did they have to put Mona in a beret?

I found it interesting that the finale forced me to consider just how much I dislike certain characters and whether they deserved to die. Like does an adult who was obsessed with a 14 year old high school student and then deliberately started a relationship with one of her BFFs so he could get source material for a book about his Lolita fantasy girl deserve to die in an underground bunker at the hands of a mentally unhinged weirdo? Does an adult who cheated on his fiancée with her own teenage sister deserve to be murdered and turned into a diamond necklace?

The grossest thing about Wren dating Alex is that you know it was only because she looked exactly like Spencer.

So Alex knew enough about Aria to blackmail her into being on the A team, and Alex also knew enough about all of the other girls to force them to play the game, yet she didn't know Spencer's favorite poem?

How did Alex go from a bartender to a genius capable of creating that ridiculous game? Are we supposed to assume that she was super smart like Charlotte?

Alex said that Charlotte left her all her money, but that isn't true. She left everything to Jason and Alison, and then Wrollins and Mary conspired to steal it because "that's what Charlotte would have wanted." So did Wrollins just give all that money to Alex?

Alex said that she, Wren, Charlotte, and Wrollins used to do everything together (the way she said it, I was afraid she was going to say that were swapping partners) but she only wanted revenge for Charlotte's death, not Wrollins' murder?

If ever there was any doubt about Emily being a dumbass, she confirmed it with, "So if Spencer has a twin, she's Charlotte's half sister!"

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 12

I think I just wanted the finale to be crazy and insane and action-y, but it wasn't. The potential was there. The twin reveal could have been awesome. All the answers could have been fun to hear. The problem is they had the first hour romance heavy, and the second hour exposition heavy, with no in between. The other Liars disappeared for 70% of the second hour. Ezra suddenly got more scenes in an episode that he usually does, and with a new person to interact with. The Liars were deemed, once again, the biggest idiots of Rosewood since a horse, Jenna, and Mona are the ones to figure it all out while they all stood there, bemoaning about a missing Ezra and sitting on their asses, twiddling their thumbs as they do very little reacting to the AD reveal. 

It was just boring and it didn't feel like a finale at all. It felt like they could have revealed Spencer's twin as AD a few episodes ago and have the girls try to find a way to take her down. They didn't raise the stakes in any way like they should have for the finale. Also, the underground bunker seemed pointless in the end because they were there for the whole episode, but they were trapped in a room for most of it and then was only out and about for 10 minutes, at most.

Also Toby, a character that has barely been in the season, is the one to save the day? It didn't feel earned. It should have been about the girls, not about Toby. And they even started to commit to it being about the girls before Alex turned into a psycho lover wanting to please a guy. "Oh no, we can't leave without Toby!"

And the one scene that pissed me off was Ezra bemoaning that Aria didn't trust him enough to tell him about her first and second opinions on her infertility. She told him once she knew for sure; it's not like she kept the secret from him and he found out. It's her body, asshole. Shut up. She was actually trying to be considerate, to not bring a life changing piece of news to him before the wedding until she was absolutely positive. 

52 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I don’t see Hanna and Caleb’s relationship imploding anymore then I see the other girls.  The guys know who and what they were getting when all of the proposals happened and in the case of Hanna, she realized that she was wrong and decided to take steps to rectify the situation.  Her wanting to help Mona was her own feeling of guilt and wanting to help someone who clearly needed it and it wasn’t Hanna not caring about Caleb’s opinion.

I think it's more of the fact, for me, that Caleb even said that they had other underlying problems that weren't really dealt with by the end. They kind of talked and resolved the Mona situation, but it didn't feel like they resolved it. It wasn't just about Mona, in this case. Caleb even said that he felt like he didn't think Hanna cared about his opinions. I can't quite remember the entirety of the fight until I rewatch, but I do feel like their making up scene didn't really feel like a for sure making up scene. Basically, I didn't feel like they were on solid ground by the end of the finale. It still felt like they had some unresolved issues before bringing a baby into the mix. It doesn't help that Hanna was trying to get pregnant while fighting with Caleb, as if a baby will make things better between them. Not that I think that was Hanna's train of thought, but I seemed to read that in their scenes. 

Also, what was with Caleb's supposed foreshadowing not going anywhere? "How much damage can Mona make in one night?" Apparently, absolutely none. And I thought it was going somewhere, other than her hitting Spencer on the head for Mary/Alex to kidnap and then Mona...finding out where Spencer was being kept with Ezra. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I think the show alluded to the fact that Hanna was going down the same path her mother did.  An unhappy marriage that a child couldn't save but ultimately finding happiness along the way.  However Hanna noticed the path and took steps to correct it whether she could or whether it was already to late is a question the show leaves open.    At least that was my interpretation.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think I just wanted the finale to be crazy and insane and action-y, but it wasn't. The potential was there. The twin reveal could have been awesome. All the answers could have been fun to hear. The problem is they had the first hour romance heavy, and the second hour exposition heavy, with no in between. The other Liars disappeared for 70% of the second hour. Ezra suddenly got more scenes in an episode that he usually does, and with a new person to interact with. The Liars were deemed, once again, the biggest idiots of Rosewood since a horse, Jenna, and Mona are the ones to figure it all out while they all stood there, bemoaning about a missing Ezra and sitting on their asses, twiddling their thumbs as they do very little reacting to the AD reveal. 

It was just boring and it didn't feel like a finale at all. It felt like they could have revealed Spencer's twin as AD a few episodes ago and have the girls try to find a way to take her down. They didn't raise the stakes in any way like they should have for the finale. Also, the underground bunker seemed pointless in the end because they were there for the whole episode, but they were trapped in a room for most of it and then was only out and about for 10 minutes, at most.

Also Toby, a character that has barely been in the season, is the one to save the day? It didn't feel earned. It should have been about the girls, not about Toby. And they even started to commit to it being about the girls before Alex turned into a psycho lover wanting to please a guy. "Oh no, we can't leave without Toby!"

And the one scene that pissed me off was Ezra bemoaning that Aria didn't trust him enough to tell him about her first and second opinions on her infertility. She told him once she knew for sure; it's not like she kept the secret from him and he found out. It's her body, asshole. Shut up. She was actually trying to be considerate, to not bring a life changing piece of news to him before the wedding until she was absolutely positive. 

I think it's more of the fact, for me, that Caleb even said that they had other underlying problems that weren't really dealt with by the end. They kind of talked and resolved the Mona situation, but it didn't feel like they resolved it. It wasn't just about Mona, in this case. Caleb even said that he felt like he didn't think Hanna cared about his opinions. I can't quite remember the entirety of the fight until I rewatch, but I do feel like their making up scene didn't really feel like a for sure making up scene. Basically, I didn't feel like they were on solid ground by the end of the finale. It still felt like they had some unresolved issues before bringing a baby into the mix. It doesn't help that Hanna was trying to get pregnant while fighting with Caleb, as if a baby will make things better between them. Not that I think that was Hanna's train of thought, but I seemed to read that in their scenes. 

Also, what was with Caleb's supposed foreshadowing not going anywhere? "How much damage can Mona make in one night?" Apparently, absolutely none. And I thought it was going somewhere, other than her hitting Spencer on the head for Mary/Alex to kidnap and then Mona...finding out where Spencer was being kept with Ezra. 

Exactly, the As have been terrorizing them for 7 seasons and most of the Liars became completely pointless by the end of the series, it didn't matter anymore.  Suddenly the As have more secret underground bunkers than Lost.  Suddenly there are twins left and right.  People died for nothing, most of the secrets didn't make any sense.

• Love 3

Having the AD be a person that was not a character on the show sucks.  As fans we have been mulling over suspects for 7 years and they give us someone that is a totally new character...how do the writers not know that is a fail

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Alex said that Charlotte left her all her money, but that isn't true. She left everything to Jason and Alison, and then Wrollins and Mary conspired to steal it because "that's what Charlotte would have wanted." So did Wrollins just give all that money to Alex?

Surprisingly, they actually addressed that.  Alex had a line to Spencer about how Carassimi was only a small part of Charlotte's fortune.  Wrollins stole that, but the rest of her wealth went to Alex.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

She must have found the most discreet contractors ever! They must have been amazingly efficient too because Toby sold the house only a year ago. I wish I could have heard Alex discussing the plans with the contractor. "I need some prison cells with keypad access and a replica of the neighborhood right underneath the actual house. You can totally dig underneath the existing house without a problem, right?"

Apparently it's an international contractor, since they also did work for Mona in France.

• Love 5

Having the AD be a person that was not a character on the show sucks.  As fans we have been mulling over suspects for 7 years and they give us someone that is a totally new character...how do the writers not know that is a fail

As far as seriously bad, bad, bad storytelling goes, the only device that might be worse than "suddenly introduce a completely new character as the culprit at the end of a long, long mystery" is if they'd gone with "it was all only a dream."

So I'm surprised they didn't throw that in at the end, too.

• Love 4
Just now, bobbyjoe said:

As far as seriously bad, bad, bad storytelling goes, the only device that might be worse than "suddenly introduce a completely new character as the culprit at the end of a long, long mystery" is if they'd gone with "it was all only a dream."

At least the dream ending would have explained why it was all so incoherent.

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, dmc said:

It's what happens when the writers are pulling things out on the spot without much thought or effort into any of it.  Having an evil twin is such a cheap copout and it retcons so much of the past seasons.

• Love 2

I'm still flabbergasted over how bad this was. And I don't understand why they pulled the twin thing now and why at all when numerous times weren't they adamant that none of the girls would have been a twin? 

Also if they were doing the twin they should have done it the book way. The books were at least interesting. This episode wasn't. This show should have followed the book series from the start if it was always going to end with a twin.

Also I love Spencer and Troian but Spencer was the last character I wanted to have a twin. Alison was always be my top for having a twin and I've always felt Sasha excels better at bitchy Alison than scared Alison or whatever the hell they have with her now so TwinAlison was ideal but I was always holding out hope for Aria as a twin. I don't know why, I just was. But Spencer as a twin? Ugh. Seriously. In one entire season, how many retcons has Spencer and her family gone through just to get here? Sorry Mk that isn't a good storyline.

And what is up with the baby fever? The only reason Aria was thinking about kids was because she thought she might be pregnant but then found out she couldn't. Okay. But then she told the girls that she and Ezra were going to look at adoption agencies when they came back from france, like slow down, wait a year or two into being married. I don't get it. Same with hanna. She and Caleb and have only been married a year and already trying for kids? Why? Because Emily and Ali have two? I don't get it either. Aren't these girls only like 25? What is it with must have kids now thing? 

• Love 6

So, in the final scene of the previous episode, was that Alex driving off into the sunset ?  Where was she going ? And where did she hang out for an entire year ?

When was that opening scene of Mona and the snow globe supposed to take place ?  Before the one year time jump or after ?
Because it looked like Mona was in a sanitarium, and there is no way they would have allowed anyone to have anything made of glass in their room.
And do ice panty liners truly exist ?

How come they didn't use the mice from the movie 'Babe' to transition the time jump.

And did anyone else notice the difference in the intro ? In addition to everyone shushing, the coffin lid was open.  Why was the coffin lid open ?  Signalling some grand reveal ?

Were Ezria supposed to be in Hollywood while they were walk-and-talking about their book becoming a movie ?  You could see the telltale iconic Warner Brothers water tower behind Ezra in that one shot.  That just seemed kind of random.  Would they have really flown all the way across the country (and back) just days before they were getting married ?

How does a child given to an orphanage because of 'issues' and runs away from the orphanage at the age of 10 who then grows up on the mean streets of England to become a bartender end up becoming a coder (complete with augmented reality capability and real-time video overlay skills) and a phone-hacker and a bluesnarfer and a mechanical genius and an electrical genius and a construction whiz and a painter and a lighting whiz ?  Alex would have had to have built that entire underground herself, wouldn't she ?  In the middle of town. She couldn't just sub-contract that.  And where did all the dirt go from digging the tunnels ?

Couldn't help but notice there were no sinks or toilets in those dungeon cells.

Those coordinates that Mona supplied as the location of A.D.'s lair -- N39.5752, W71.2857 -- over a 100 miles off the coast of New Jersey.

How come no one questioned the fact that the police officer that arrested Alex had a French accent ? And did not read Alex her Miranda rights ?
It would have been helpful to have a scene that connected Mona and this guy -- because wasn't Mona institutionalized after almost throwing Hanna out of the church steeple ?

Even in France, who names their daughter Atticus ?

• Love 5
(edited)

Erm, do we know when Wren died? Can we believe Alex she killed him, cremated him, got his ashes and made a diamant? Come on

But yes, that's PLL world. The girls obvioulsy didn't wonder why there was no sign of Mary or Alex later, or no trial. Hell, Spencer didn't care where here crazy twin vanished

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How come no one questioned the fact that the police officer that arrested Alex had a French accent ? And did not read Alex her Miranda rights ?
It would have been helpful to have a scene that connected Mona and this guy -- because wasn't Mona institutionalized after almost throwing Hanna out of the church steeple ?

Yes!  If it hadn't been for the internet I would have just assumed that Mona kidnapped them after the fact. 

5 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Even in France, who names their daughter Atticus ?

Marlene does.  That was her son, Atticus.  Along with her partner.  Her other son Emerson was in the classroom with Ali.

• Love 1

Alison having a twin also would have explained the personality change from before she disappeared and after she came back from the not dead!

I agree that if they were going to go the twin route, they really should have used the book plot because that was fucked up in the best possible way. The Spencer/Alex business was just a pile of hot steaming last minute garbage.

I love that in Mona's dream world, she is a handbag designer and ice panties exist. And Lucas is a dancing waiter.

1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, in the final scene of the previous episode, was that Alex driving off into the sunset ?  Where was she going ? And where did she hang out for an entire year ?

Alex said that after the reveal of Charlotte's killer, she went back to London as she promised Wren she would do. Eventually she got obsessed with the idea that Spencer had cheated her out of having friends and a family so she HAD to go back to Rosewood a year later. While I understand Alex resenting that Spencer got a family that didn't dump her in an orphanage, how is it anyone else's fault that Alex doesn't have a group of friends like the PLLs? What was stopping her from making friends in London? I guess if she had realized it was her personality that prevented her from making friends, she wouldn't have been able to paint herself as the victim.

Couldn't help but notice there were no sinks or toilets in those dungeon cells.

Alex must have gotten the plans for those prison cells from Team Flash.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

But yes, that's PLL world. The girls obvioulsy didn't wonder why there was no sign of Mary or Alex later, or no trial. Hell, Spencer didn't care where here crazy twin vanished

Because probably at least a week went by before the actual wedding, there should have been headlines galore about the fact that Alex and Mary were never arrested or indicted.

• Love 2
(edited)
Just now, kariyaki said:

Wasn't Spencer's season 1 boyfriend also named Alex? Marlene couldn't think of any other names that began with A?

It was. The chief guy. (Other A named she could have used, Angela, Alicia,Andrea. Etc)

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

A few random observations:

The baby fever thing was ridiculous, but at least we can be thankful that neither Spencer nor Aria were pregnant at shows' end.

Ending with Mona in Paris should've been it, nobody cares about Addison's disappearance.  Mona, crazy as a fox as she was, was still my favorite character.

There were a lot of bad wigs in this episode.

Loved the Drunk!moms and seeing all of them together again.  They were our surrogates who needed alcohol to get through the finale.

Where was Mike?  Did the Montgomerys forget they had a son?

I'm confused about the timeline and the exposition dump. When in the show's timeline did Wren meet Alex? Charlotte was alive and running free to Paris in bad wigs pre-instituatonalization, so it had to be more than 6 years from the finale's timestamp.  Alex was a bartender, assuming she was at least 18 or19 at the time?

And we are to assume that the "Spencer" who visited Mary in prison asking for help was Alex?

I had read about the Twincer theory about a month ago and thought the airport scene with Wren was a big clue.  I also thought that Alex was sleeping with Toby, even with the misdirect that she also had a gunshot scar in the same place as Spencer, so I was just looking for confirmation here.

I hated that Alex had a British accent (so cliched), and she sounded like a mixture of the Spice Girls crossed with Bert from Mary Poppins.

Most of the ep was fan service in the extreme and I probably will not watch another show helmed by IMK.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JenJenBosco said:

Alright, I couldn't stop thinking about if it made sense or not all night.

So was I. I was also trying to get straight who was related to who in the Drake/Hastings/DiLaurentis family.

After some time has passed, I know I'll be giving the show a re-watch.

• Love 2

When the camera panned up to the moon before switching to Mona in France, I thought the camera was going to zoom in on A.D.'s base on the moon.

Was Mona's doll shop supposed to be the French equivalent of Forest of Roses -- or Pink Forest ?  If it was Pink Forest, there was an extra 's' at the end of rose.  If it was Forest of Roses, roses don't grow in forests.  Trees do.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

So was I. I was also trying to get straight who was related to who in the Drake/Hastings/DiLaurentis family.

After some time has passed, I know I'll be giving the show a re-watch.

Exactly what I was thinking that after some time I will rewatch and see if some dots at least connect.

• Love 1

Mona/Janel is MVP of this series finale, hell, MVP of the show. I smirked when Mona dropped her snowglobe and it fell and broke a la Citizen Kane. I'll just say the finale could've been worse. After about half hour I told my brain "Brain, just pretend you're watching Showgirls for the very first time, the more you watch the more you realize what a piece of sh** you're watching yet you can't stop watching because it's so bad it's actually funny." I will say thank you to whoever approved of the Liars' moms reuniting and getting drunk again. Bravo!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I was also trying to get straight who was related to who in the Drake/Hastings/DiLaurentis family.

Veronica Hastings + Peter Hastings = Melissa

Jessica DiLaurentis + Peter Hastings = Jason

Jessica DiLaurentis + Kenneth DiLaurentis = Alison

Mary Drake + Peter Hastings = Spencer & Alex

Mary Drake + Pastor Ted = Charlotte

Melissa, Spencer/Alex, Jason = paternal half siblings

Alison & Jason = maternal half siblings

Charlotte, Spencer/Alex = maternal half siblings

Charlotte, Alison, Jason, Spencer/Alex = maternal cousins

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How does a child given to an orphanage because of 'issues' and runs away from the orphanage at the age of 10 who then grows up on the mean streets of England to become a bartender end up becoming a coder (complete with augmented reality capability and real-time video overlay skills) and a phone-hacker and a bluesnarfer and a mechanical genius and an electrical genius and a construction whiz and a painter and a lighting whiz ?  Alex would have had to have built that entire underground herself, wouldn't she ?  In the middle of town. She couldn't just sub-contract that.  And where did all the dirt go from digging the tunnels ?

From the trailer for the upcoming Justice League movie:

Flash:  "What is your superpower?"

Batman:  "I'm rich".

I'm assuming Alex subcontracted most of that work out.  We already know there are several "ask no questions" companies in the area, like the auto shop that replaced the windshield after Hanna hit Wrollins, and the entire construction firm that built the Dollhouse.

If I remember correctly, when we first see Toby's house under construction, it backed up to a wooded lot.  Presumably the DHARMA Initiative hatch extends under that, not his neighbors' foundations.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have no words for this finale and the last several seasons; it's just that bad!  The early seasons had so much promise, but sadly the biggest thing I'll take away from this show now is their blatant disregard to serious issues like non-consensual sex, bullying, stalking, inappropriate behavior with minors, mental illness, etc. Yes, it's fiction, but what makes it repulsive is that MK is fully aware of the vast teenage audience and following the show had, and yet she couldn't muster an ounce of social consciousness. 

It's been fun chatting w/everyone and reading comments though.  May your next series viewing be better written and more fulfilling! 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Aliconehead said:

Oh they totally exist. Hospitals stock them. A must have after vaginal childbirth, especially if you've had your stitches done twice like I did the first time.  Provided she didn't have a c-section, Allie should have been able to tell them that.  

29 minutes ago, mac123x said:

If I remember correctly, when we first see Toby's house under construction, it backed up to a wooded lot.  Presumably the DHARMA Initiative hatch extends under that, not his neighbors' foundations.

LOL!!! I've given Lost a lot of slack for it's final season and finale, but it's still genius in comparison to PLL. On that note, MK should have at least paid homage to them with a little "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" playing in the background.   Hell I'd have accepted the DHARMA Initiative, the Smoke Monster, or even Richard Alpert as AD before I'll ever buy that an insane orphan bar maid was responsible for the construction of that hatch and the board game.  

1 hour ago, apgold1 said:

The baby fever thing was ridiculous, but at least we can be thankful that neither Spencer nor Aria were pregnant at shows' end.

The one bright spot in this finale was the knowledge that there will be no little Azaria's running around. One pretentious prick like Ezra is enough.

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Same with hanna. She and Caleb and have only been married a year and already trying for kids? Why? Because Emily and Ali have two? I don't get it either. Aren't these girls only like 25? What is it with must have kids now thing? 

What I found more mind boggling was that they were actively trying to have kids when their marriage wasn't even going that well. When the finale opened, they seemed to be in the exact same place they were when they split up back in college. Not surprising, since in their rush to the alter, they never addressed the original issues (careers, travel, place to put down roots, etc) that were tantamount to their relationship working.  It's irresponsible to purposely bring children into an unstable relationship.  Fast forward PLL another 5 years and Haleb will be arguing custody as they attempt to settle their divorce.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bobbyjoe said:

Agreed, don't waste our time

1 hour ago, Free said:

It's what happens when the writers are pulling things out on the spot without much thought or effort into any of it.  Having an evil twin is such a cheap copout and it retcons so much of the past seasons.

totally cheap...it basically mean the last seven years were BS because we could have never guessed who it was

• Love 4

I cannot even tell you how many times during the finale that I said out loud "This makes NO sense."    I am too lazy to go back through and point out all the inconsistencies as to how Alex could not have done (even with help) the things A.D. did but I'm sure someone out there will and I will enjoy the heck out of reading that.  HAAATTED the entire Twincer thing, the accent, all of it.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, SadieT said:

Not sure what we were supposed to make of that opening scene with the girls having coffee outside. 

It was Mona's fantasy.  She was staring at the snow globe, and imagining the whole thing.  One of the girls makes a comment that someone was carrying a Mona Vanderwall handbag, and they go for like $1000.00 a bag.  then it starts snowing, and then they pan out to Mona in the mental institution, staring at the snow globe.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I can say I am mad about Aria's infertility plot. Plain stupid. Because yes, 3 doctors can say with 100% accuracy you can't have children. That can happen only if you don't have ovaries or uterus.

A probably stole them from Aria & implanted them in Toby.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I can say I am mad about Aria's infertility plot. Plain stupid. Because yes, 3 doctors can say with 100% accuracy you can't have children. That can happen only if you don't have ovaries or uterus.

It angers me because we fight with the diagnoze of infertility (or how our doctor calls it, low fertility) and I am currently pregnant with my 2nd child (via ivf for both of them). So stupid plotline, because I'm annoyed how wrongly they show it

I should just be satisfied that Azaria can't procreate and leave it at that, but I also couldn't help feeling like that reveal had a lot of holes in it.  It would have been helpful if they would have elaborated on specifically what was wrong w/Aria, but also it seemed a bit strange that they weren't even presumably trying to have kids, she took one test when she thought maybe she got pregnant on accident, and then when it was negative she started consulting 3 different OB/GYNs.  Oh and the latest doctor's office calls you back at night rather than during office hours or by making you come in for an appointment so they can discuss further options.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I should just be satisfied that Azaria can't procreate and leave it at that, but I also couldn't help feeling like that reveal had a lot of holes in it.  It would have been helpful if they would have elaborated on specifically what was wrong w/Aria, but also it seemed a bit strange that they weren't even presumably trying to have kids, she took one test when she thought maybe she got pregnant on accident, and then when it was negative she started consulting 3 different OB/GYNs.  Oh and the latest doctor's office calls you back at night rather than during office hours or by making you come in for an appointment so they can discuss further options.

Well, technically, only Aria can't have kids. Unfortunately for the world, Ezra's sperm is still good, since they mentioned surrogacy. I assume that Marlene King wanted the twist of infertility but didn't want to put any additional research into the subject, or expand further because it was just meant for plot of Ezria fighting. 

Because we don't know what's happened in the last year, we don't know if Aria/Ezra were (IMO stupidly) trying for kids before their wedding. Maybe they got baby fever after Alison had the twins, much like Hanna/Caleb. It could have been an interesting plot to explore, in my opinion, but Marlene King just used it as a plot device and to make Ezra look like an even bigger ass than he already was. 

Since that plot point will never be explained ever, my head canon is that Aria went to the doctor's after deciding that they wanted to start trying for kids after they got married, only to find out that she was infertile. Maybe she mentioned the thought to her gynecologist during a physical and her doctor decided to test her. Not sure why, but this is my only head canon. 

• Love 3

Im not surprised AD is stupid twincer wish it wasn't true but not at all suprising. My secret wish was it would be the members of the NAT club or should I say remaining members. But since they did go the predictable non creative route I wish it had a better set up. Give us more than the last half hour of anything happening. We should have gotten the reveal at the beginning of the 2 hours or hell make it the cliffhanger for the pervious half of the season. pll doesn't want to give us a good show they want to give us a jumbled mess and say "see how smart we are you never seen this coming" yes we did. This show had been on for 7 years most if not all of us are well into adulthood at this point.

When Aria was crying about how she couldn't marry Ezra I thought something bad happened to Mike. You can't get married if your brother is in the hospital/dead. No it's just a doctor calling in the middle of the night to be Aria's 3rd confirmation that she can't have kids. You shouldn't be this surprised if this is the 3rd time.

Oh Toby you giant dumb dumb we can't tell the difference between the girl you dated for years and her sister. You had sex with Alex nothing seemed off to you. If I was Spencer I could never be with him again. I don't blame Hanna for not knowing it was twincer she was tortured but you Toby boned both girls and couldn't tell the difference. Talk about Soby true love.

Really felt like they trying to push for a spin-off with Emerson and new batch of teens. I'll pass. Kinda wish I took a pass 7 years ago but it wasnt all bad. But I am way to old for this crap. 

Damn Caleb looks like you shouldn't have rushed into marriage because it looks like you want to pull another runner. Hanna should raise her baby with Lucas or Mona the ones who loved her always and not the guy who fucked her best friend and tearfully asked her to stay with him. A house built on quick sand has a better foundation then this two.

I would watch a wine mom's spin-off. With single Ashley, Veronica and Pam. Ella can ditch cheating Bryon.

• Love 5
(edited)

My final (probably) thought at least for awhile is that despite the final seasons  flaws it hasn't ruined the show for me.  When the final season shows up on Netflix I might put it on my queue to binge.

That should drive me completely insane.  Should be fun.

Edited by Chaos Theory
Seriously my iPhones autocorrect went nuts on me.
  • Love 3

Oh man, that was batshit crazy hilarious, but they should've leaned into that instead of the couples. (Part of that is my own bias of course, because Hanna/Caleb were the only ones I liked, but still... I wanted crazy shenanigans OR a focus on the friendships, and got neither in large enough doses.) Aria's marrying her statutory rapist/child predator/stalker of all her closest friends, but she's worried he'd leave her for infertility? Woman, do not have children, you might end up with a girl and once she hits 11, there's no telling where his eyes will wander. Speaking of which, the aftershow only cemented why I'm so damn uncomfortable with Alison and Emily as a couple with all that talk about Sasha Pieterse being 12 when the show started. Poor, adult woman Shay Mitchell having to pretend she was madly in love with a 12-year-old. Shudder. And she's still barely an adult now, and it shows in their scenes. Creepy chemistry, nothing else.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, technically, only Aria can't have kids. Unfortunately for the world, Ezra's sperm is still good, since they mentioned surrogacy. I assume that Marlene King wanted the twist of infertility but didn't want to put any additional research into the subject, or expand further because it was just meant for plot of Ezria fighting. 

Sadly this is true. Thank heavens the show has ended or next season would probably be about Ezra using his sperm and Nicole being their surrogate. 

• Love 5

Welp just in case anyone doubted it, there's an article now on ew with an interview with Marlene and the first question she makes an explanation that originally she wanted Wren to be AD and then tries to explain why she retcon the whole thing that ad had to be a series regular or something that makes no sense because Alex wasn't a series regular.  Yes she's Spencer's twin but.. we haven't seen Alex once before this season so the hell?

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Welp just in case anyone doubted it, there's an article now on ew with an interview with Marlene and the first question she makes an explanation that originally she wanted Wren to be AD and then tries to explain why she retcon the whole thing that ad had to be a series regular or something that makes no sense because Alex wasn't a series regular.  Yes she's Spencer's twin but.. we haven't seen Alex once before this season so the hell?

Sara Harvey and Alex Drake would never have existed if the show wrapped at Season 5. Would've been Wren and CeCe working together.

Finale could've raised the stakes a little if Wren was killed on-screen while trying to go behind Alex's back and rescue real Spencer. Bizarre to not even have Wren encounter any of the Liars.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Troian is a series regular. Doesn't matter if they create a hundred new characters for her to play, she's still considered a series regular. I don't see why it matters that AD had to be one, though. Network mandate?