Type keyword(s) to search

Wrecked Season 2 All Episode Discussion

Good start to the new season. I liked Barracuda's entrance on the jet ski. I'm not sure how long they can stretch out the whole pirate thing but so far it's pretty funny. What a weird, random cameo by Martin Sheen - I wonder if he's connected somehow with someone on this show.

• Love 1

It was a good start and nice way to end the second episode i thought him saying he didnt need the glasses anymore and everyones "what?" reaction was the funnest joke of them all. The barracuda is so hot (its all confidence ha!). 

I hope next weeks game of thrones stuff is funny, it should be though they are great with the tv movie references  (tom hanks stuff was jokes this week)

(edited)

Dayum, but Livia (from Still Star-Crossed, also played by Ebonee Noel) is HOT!  What an awesome actress, and what a great role!  Can she be a permanent member of the cast?

The Barracuda should have made Margot a counter-offer: $10 million or I release a video showing Danny alive and well and on his way back home.

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Good start to the new season. I liked Barracuda's entrance on the jet ski. I'm not sure how long they can stretch out the whole pirate thing but so far it's pretty funny. What a weird, random cameo by Martin Sheen - I wonder if he's connected somehow with someone on this show.

That wasn't Martin Sheen but his brother Joe Estevez

I really like this show a lot but, and I know I am nit-picking, but when Danny's sister reveals that she is not paying the $10 million ransom so she can keep the entire inheritance given that everyone thinks Danny is dead, wouldn't the logical play be for to Danny to offer $10 million of his share to the Barracuda to rescue him and the group?  If he comes back home alive, he gets half of his father's inheritance....the sister really has nothing to do with it.  Once the writers killed off the father, they kinda ruined the plot device....I know, I know, if they did this, then we don't have a show. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jamblastx said:

when Danny's sister reveals that she is not paying the $10 million ransom so she can keep the entire inheritance given that everyone thinks Danny is dead, wouldn't the logical play be for to Danny to offer $10 million of his share to the Barracuda to rescue him and the group?

After so m any days on the island, I'm not sure Danny is thinking strategically (if he ever did), so that might not have occurred to him.  But the Barracuda should have thought of it.

Well, if Danny manages to get home safe and sound, then Barracuda has no real way of keeping him to his word. However:

The Barracuda should have made Margot a counter-offer: $10 million or I release a video showing Danny alive and well and on his way back home.

That's a good point. And if Margot did wire the money into Barracuda's account, she'd have to kill Danny in return.

That wasn't Martin Sheen but his brother Joe Estevez

Whaaaat? Seriously? Wow they look identical. 

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Well, if Danny manages to get home safe and sound, then Barracuda has no real way of keeping him to his word.

That's a good point. And if Margot did wire the money into Barracuda's account, she'd have to kill Danny in return.

The Barracuda could keep everyone else prisoner on the island until she got her $10 mil.  From the way they acted to save Danny, there would be no way he'd leave them behind.

On the other hand, if Margot wires the money to the Barracuda, M has no way of knowing that tB will keep her word!  All tB has to do is make M think that Danny is dead.

Still - how is she going to enforce it? Take him to court? A pirate? Who initially tried to extort money from Margot? She probably wouldn't stand a chance (and is probably wanted for international crimes anyway). 

I really loved her entrance, because there are too many of these types of "too cool for school" villains in movies and on TV shows, where they are almost magically impervious to everything and bad-ass at a comic-book level. So the big entrance set to "Eye of the Tiger" suddenly screeching to a halt as her jet ski dies and she has to sit there and try to restart it gave her the needed human and comical touch.  

• Love 1
On 6/23/2017 at 0:07 PM, iMonrey said:

Still - how is she going to enforce it? Take him to court? A pirate? Who initially tried to extort money from Margot? She probably wouldn't stand a chance (and is probably wanted for international crimes anyway).

That's why she needs to keep the rest of Danny's friends as prisoners. 
She arranges to courier him to NY; He pays $10 million; everybody else is sent home. 
She doesn't have to enforce anything, or leave her pirate hangout.

So I wonder if Emma is indeed gone for good or if she's going to show up at some point. Todd and Florence eventually just drifted back to the same island, so maybe Emma will too. I couldn't tell if that was Ginger Gonzaga's voice used for the talking rock. I did catch the "Wilson" parody though - but it was Florence who had the bloody pattern on her face. I guess that makes her Wilson.

Heh, pirates are Game of Thrones fans.

The game of thrones stuff was hilarious! Todd and jess game of thrones, ballers problems were amazing with her "watching without him" and him saying he pushed her to it cause he stopped watching! Serious relationship problems ha! Also danny telling owen he would never do that to him was my favorite part of the episode!

I guess im weird i like both game of thrones and ballers. I also used to like suits but stopped watching it a couple seasons ago so i was like who care about suits and then the pirates reaction killed me!

If it was me i wouldnt want to be spoiled like danny said lol

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So I wonder if Emma is indeed gone for good or if she's going to show up at some point.

Possible casting spoiler:

Spoiler

IMDB only has her in  this episode, and her bio only mentions "Wrecked" in passing and in the past.  So I doubt she's coming back.

1 hour ago, Doyounot said:

The game of thrones stuff was hilarious!

Almost makes me wish I watched GoT...  Do you recall what specific scenes they did?

• Love 1
(edited)

I dont wanna ruin it but they just did the main points of the last season: battle of the bastards, hodor, jon snow, first and last scenes of the season.. also i loved the reactions of the different characters to the parts. Like todd loving the battle parts and danny sad at hodor

Edited by Doyounot
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Doyounot said:

I dont wanna ruin it but they just did the main points of the last season: battle of the bastards, hodor, jon snow, first and last scenes of the season.. also i loved the reactions of the different characters to the parts. Like todd loving the battle parts and danny sad at hodor

And the guy that the Barracuda speared in the leg loving the "boobs'!

Edited by jhlipton

Almost makes me wish I watched GoT...  Do you recall what specific scenes they did?

A lot of the pantomime was just generic stuff that could have been anything, especially the "from behind" sex positions. Personally I'd want them to tell me what happened because you never know if you're going to get the chance to see it.

But this episode raises an interesting question - when did they crash and how long have they been on this island? Assuming this takes place in real time, they crashed in June of 2016, but the last season of GoT would have been almost over by then (it started in April 2016). Are we to assume they've been there a whole year? The first season episodes wouldn't support that length of time. But apparently they crashed some time before April 2016 and now it's at least late summer of 2016 if the pirates saw the last GoT seasons.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, Doyounot said:

The game of thrones stuff was hilarious! Todd and jess game of thrones, ballers problems were amazing with her "watching without him" and him saying he pushed her to it cause he stopped watching! Serious relationship problems ha! Also danny telling owen he would never do that to him was my favorite part of the episode!

The combination of the GoT recap and the women fighting the Black Caiman (gay man) was priceless. Florence and Karen were a great team. I liked everything there, especially when Florence realized she was "bait". I think the only thing I didn't find interesting or funny was the Barracuda/Steve stuff.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think the only thing I didn't find interesting or funny was the Barracuda/Steve stuff.  

I'd watch Ebonee Noel recite the phone book...  but the plot wasn't all that great.

But apparently they crashed some time before April 2016 and now it's at least late summer of 2016 if the pirates saw the last GoT seasons.

Also,  in last week's episode, they mentioned the movie "Sully," which didn't come out until September of 2016. (Although they certainly could have heard about it before it was released). 

Strange episode - what happened to the pirates? Are they still there, or did they leave? And they really shouldn't have brought back Rosa if Eliza Coupe was not available. She's too much of a well-known actress IMO to replace. It's too bad because the whole fake doctor, fake delivery thing actually was pretty good, but the recast took me right out of it. Especially the re-filmed "previously" scenes with the new actress. 

I couldn't decide if it was a coincidence or not, but the scene where Chet comes home to find his wife banging some other guy was just like a scene in HBO's Crashing, where Pete Holmes comes home and finds his wife in bed with a guy played by George Basil, the same actor who plays Chet.

I'm normally really good with celebrity faces, but the recast almost fooled me. (Despite watching Scrubs with Eliza Coupe only 2 days ago!) The problem is Erinn Hayes just couldn't pull off the crazy character quite as well. The whole episode I was thinking that the crazy wasn't working this season or was overplayed. Turns out it was just because a recast. Regardless, I thought the story was hilarious and worth it even if Coupe couldn't be there.

Although the golf ball, eww.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2017 at 1:06 PM, iMonrey said:

It's too bad because the whole fake doctor, fake delivery thing actually was pretty good,

what happened to the pirates?

22 hours ago, ae2 said:

I thought the story was hilarious and worth it even if Coupe couldn't be there.

Looks like killing a Black Caiman gave Florence the confidence she needed to be a good fake doctor.

This was largely a "bottle" episode -- Owen and Florence in their scenes; Chet, Todd and Jess in theirs and none of the rest of the cast.

OMG this show. That three-way was just ridiculous and hilarious and disturbing all at once. The way Todd and Jess were preparing to "go at it" was more graphic than you'd expect on basic cable. I always wonder what the actors are actually wearing (or not wearing) when they do that deliberate blurring. 

• Love 2

This show is really killing it in Season 2. The pirates were a welcome new energy.

I love how they resolved the whole "will they-won't they" off camera. So dumb yet so right for this show.

• Love 2
On 7/19/2017 at 0:50 PM, iMonrey said:

I always wonder what the actors are actually wearing (or not wearing) when they do that deliberate blurring. 

Not much in this case, and for Jess, that was fine by me!!!

Having lived in Scottsdale, the references are extra hilarious! And the whole series really reached a new level for me this season. I went from "meh...guess I'll watch it again" to it being my current favorite show! 

I didn't even realize that Wrecked was back. I've missed this show and it's wackiness.

I wonder how that one guy (I want to say Corey, but I'm not sure) feels about the development between Owen and Florence. I don't think he'd be happy to see the love of his life hooking up with someone else.

I enjoyed the Karen flashbacks and I wish they'd do more of that. The show is really at its best when it's a straight-up parody of Lost. The episodes last season that were more blatant in their attempt to parody Lost were the best of the bunch IMO.

• Love 1

This show is just so much fun. Danny's slow run after the tongue less pirate was a hoot, and Karen's backstory was full of awesome.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, iMonrey said:

The show is really at its best when it's a straight-up parody of Lost

Agreed. The Castaway shout outs were pretty funny as well. 

• Love 1

What really cracked me up is that the "cleans" not only had showers but afterwards they all had brand new clean clothes to wear! I guess it's possible they stole them from the cabins and they were left behind by the passengers on the cruise before the pirates took the ship, but how fortunate they were all able to find their sizes.

I wonder why Steve was missing from this episode. I'm guessing they had to pay a lot of extras for this episode so maybe they didn't have the money to pay all the featured players. Except, there's Diane from Toledo again. Also, I guess they left Rosa on the island? That's kind of cruel, even if she is crazy. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, waving feather said:

This show never disappoint. They can make fun of any scenario. I loved the whole Shower people vs. Filthy people. Todd is my favorite. He's such a great character.

Todd's becoming a favorite of mine too.  Up until a few episodes ago I thought he was a real jerk but what would those episodes have been without him.  

They got the boat moving, however I'm wondering how long it's going to be until they reach the shipping lanes.  Then maybe they'd end up back at the island again, heh.  Like Desmond on Lost.  

I'm certain they're going to wind up back on the island otherwise the show is over. What I don't get is that it looked like there were GPS maps on the bridge so they should know where they're going. 

• Love 1

Every episode has a laugh-out-loud moment. For me  this week it was "You guys sound like The Purge!" I didn't notice Steve was gone until I saw the previews next week.

• Love 1
On 7/31/2017 at 11:37 PM, derriere said:

If that was the end of the season (series?) it was a strong finish. Jess and Todd are just fantastic and I'd be all over a spin-off set back in Stockdale.

*Scottsdale (I live 5 miles away from Scottsdale)

This show just keeps getting better. I didn't get the references to The Purge but I did pause it to see all the names of the Red Hot Chili Peppers cover bands. Hilarious! 

rhcp.thumb.jpg.d4e03a66f6a0c8a5de35c41ead54028c.jpg

In case you can't read it: Dread Hot Chili Peppers, The Red Hot Chili Steppers, The Red Hot Chili Schleppers, The Sled Hot Chili Peppers, The Red Hot Chili Lepers, Anthony Fleatus, Flea Unit, Two Left Fleet, Andre Fleathousand, Notorious B-I-Flea, Fleavie Wonder, Flea and Peele, Key and Fleal, Run Flea-M-C, The Red Hot Chili Gaffers, and The Red Scot Chili Peppers.

Did you notice Jemaine Clement, from Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows as the MC on the cruise ship at the beginning?

Also, did you notice that the band that was getting off the stage was called the Red Scott Chili Peppers AND he said they were from Scottsdale and that Steve said he was on the waiting list to go on a cruise like this and we also know that he, Chet, and Jess all lived in Scottsdale?  I wonder if it will all tie in at some point.

Also, to date, my favorite Wrecked/Scottsdale moment was this: 

• Love 1

I was secretly hoping that the New Zealander that the pirate leader had sex with before Steve was a member of Flight of the Concords. I'm glad that this was indeed the case. I guess Jermaine's appearance means that the show can only show one New Zealander at a time. Having more than one would be too much.

Todd was hilarious in this episode. The accent and everything was perfect.

• Love 4

Anyone else think Cory (or is it Cody? . . . LOL) looks kind of like Will Wheaton? I knew Pack had that money hidden somewhere. I'd like to know how he thinks he's going to get it off that boat, though, without anyone else noticing. 

And for the benefit of those not nerdy enough to pull out their calculators and figure it out: $165K split 35 ways is about $4,700 each.

• Love 1

Cory looked to me like one of those actors I've seen before in something (hey! It's that guy!) but couldn't place.  So I agree with the Wil Wheaton comparison, like it's his lesser known brother.  Didn't Florence refer to him as Carl later on? Haha. 

I was wondering about how Pack would get the money off the boat unnoticed too.  If I came across that much money hidden away I'd be worried about it being marked cash and wouldn't touch it - guess I've watched too many crime shows :-) 

Per IMDB only 2 more episodes - I'm sure that last scene is a setup for some kind of cliffhanger.  

• Love 1
On 8/3/2017 at 0:28 AM, TeaInTheMoment said:

This show just keeps getting better. I didn't get the references to The Purge but I did pause it to see all the names of the Red Hot Chili Peppers cover bands. Hilarious! 

rhcp.thumb.jpg.d4e03a66f6a0c8a5de35c41ead54028c.jpg

In case you can't read it: Dread Hot Chili Peppers, The Red Hot Chili Steppers, The Red Hot Chili Schleppers, The Sled Hot Chili Peppers, The Red Hot Chili Lepers, Anthony Fleatus, Flea Unit, Two Left Fleet, Andre Fleathousand, Notorious B-I-Flea, Fleavie Wonder, Flea and Peele, Key and Fleal, Run Flea-M-C, The Red Hot Chili Gaffers, and The Red Scot Chili Peppers.

Is it wrong that as I read that list I was hoping it would include an all-African American cover band named The Dred Scott Chili Peppers?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Cory looked to me like one of those actors I've seen before in something (hey! It's that guy!) but couldn't place.  So I agree with the Wil Wheaton comparison, like it's his lesser known brother.  Didn't Florence refer to him as Carl later on? Haha. 

I was wondering about how Pack would get the money off the boat unnoticed too.  If I came across that much money hidden away I'd be worried about it being marked cash and wouldn't touch it - guess I've watched too many crime shows :-) 

Per IMDB only 2 more episodes - I'm sure that last scene is a setup for some kind of cliffhanger.  

The actor was on those Nissan commercial where the car beeps right before he does something stupid.  (Advertizing their feature where the car beeps to tell you to stop adding air to the tires.)

The money is really a moot point.  Whatever government rescues them will surely confiscate anything on the ship as instruments of crime.

Also, WTF show?  Who blew up the engines?