Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Spoilers

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

I just watched the sneak peak.  This is my favorite show and I am so ready!  

I lived in Boston and I hope they are not going to do the chowder/clam bake/baked beans  route.  It is a sophisticated city with so much going on with food.  They tend to go too far with local food like in Texas and New Orleans.  In New Orleans it was painful to watch all of them stumble through gumbo.  It isn't even all that good and I don't want to watch chefs cook things they know nothing about.  It is fun to watch them do what they cook best.  

The blonde who shucked the clams at break neck speed was good.  I liked her and the Asian woman on the blue team who did the lobster. 

• Love 1

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but I am going to be pulling for Joy. I have been to her restaurant, Foode, in Fredericksburg, VA many times and it is amazing. I know she is a great chef, but it sure looked like she had a major case of nerves. Hope she will survive and calm down!

• Love 1

I've rewritten this post several times, but just suffice to say Todd English isn't welcome in these parts by anyone who knows anything.  I have foodie friends who have much stronger opinions than mine that matter way more than anything I could say. They're frothingly angry. I'll go back to mocking things funnier than this now.

• Love 2

The memorably nasty break up letter from Boston to Todd English in Boston Magazine

...Every time you launch another lousy project it reflects poorly on us. The painful uninspiredness of English Is Italian. The plastic-knife-tender steak choked down by travelers connecting through Logan or JFK at Todd English’s Bonfire. The aching mediocrity of Bluezoo and the Libertine and Fish Club and Beso that left the critics writing about how your restaurant “lasted about nine minutes,” or was a “Midtown fiasco.” It’s altogether embarrassing. And that’s to say nothing of how we’ve felt about your line of pots and pans, your Home Shopping Network gig, your cooking show, your cookbooks, your cruise-ship ventures — and everything else you’re spending time doing instead of showing any love to your restaurants…or us!

Last February we read a post by Esquire food writer John Mariani that included “Ways to Tell a Restaurant Is Bad.” It wasn’t the best writing we’ve seen, but No. 12 on the list was a doozy. “It’s one of Todd English’s restaurants.”

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

I did think it was very Richard that he had to end his introduction as a judge with "but enough about me"

Too bad he didn't go Bette Midler and say "and you....what do you think of me". Again would not have surprised me.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (especially after the last two episodes) but from the season preview it looked like Keriann and Aaron will still be around in time for Restaurant Wars?

Oh shit.  I had forgotten about that!  I remember seeing Kerriann but Aaron was there too?!  

I love the Todd English discussion.  The best thing about any of his restaurants is always the bar--the liquor is fine and it's never too crowded.

Very funny.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Here is the extended preview we saw in episode 1.  I see a glimpse of Restaurant Wars and Kerriann is there but I did not see anyone else.  There are a few opportunities to glimpse future challenges and I see Aaron in most pics but not all. 

Thanks! It looks like Keriann is front of house during RW. HOW in the HELL does she make it that far, based on what we've seen of her food thus far? Either she has an amazing infusion of talent or the judges keep her around so we can see her cry about her kids every week. It also looks like Katsuji is around for a few episodes longer, if he's there when they air a Thanksgiving episode.

Remember, Keriann flew through those clams.  That says she has restaurant experience and skill.  We will probably see better dishes from her or just many that are  worse!   RW is usually when it is down to 8 right?  

DH and I were walking down Boylston Street, across the street from Copley Square Farmers Market, on May 16, and we did see evidence of something being filmed (specifically, someone holding one of those anti-glare (?) panels that they use to get the lighting right). However, it was raining and extremely windy, and we were seeking beer and munchies, so I did not suggest that we investigate.

I'm quoting myself above. Copley Square is a very wide open space, and it was overcast and raining that day. I can't recall having seen this yet, but maybe I blinked and missed it. Any thoughts? The Farmers Market was spoiled as a location by a media source.

• Love 1

Anyone know if finale was filmed yet? Only 4 episodes to go if it is a 3 person finale and a lot of times they film it closer to the time it airs, but with the holidays (and Xmas eve and NYE falling on Wednesdays) who knows

The preview of the first elimination challenge for the finale, posted on Bravo's website, would seem to show who won the final Last Chance Kitchen.  Watch carefully and you will see who the sous-chefs (two per finalist) are for Mei, Melissa and Gregory (the fourth finalist is not shown).  Hint: one of Melissa's sous-chefs is one of the two final LCK contestants, implying that this person lost that final LCK...

(I took some screen shots too)

George is helping Melissa as one of her sous chefs so Doug is back!   

Greg says he says he thinks he overcooked all of "our" steaks.  

Interesting they have 3 artists painting a picture from what the chefs tell them about the dish they are making. 

Edited by wings707

George is helping Melissa as one of her sous chefs so Doug is back!   

Greg says he says he thinks he overcooked all of "our" steaks.  

Interesting they have 3 artists painting a picture from what the chefs tell them about the dish they are making. 

Yes, that's right.  It would seem that Doug is the 4th finalist.

I assume that there would be a 4th artist painting a picture (but not shown in the preview) paired with the 4th finalist, which was also not shown but who is probably Doug.

cooksdelight, for the record the preview shows the sous chefs for the three "known" finalists to be:

Mei - Rebecca & KeriAnn

Melissa - George & James

Gregory - Katie & Stacy

Looking at the commercials they are running for tomorrow night's finale, I think Mei is the winner. Watch where she and Gregory come out for the final verdict. Mei is on the right, and when Padma announces the winner, she is looking to her right.

Add to that something someone posted in the episode thread that Mei has left her job and has been traveling all over.

• Love 2

Looking at the commercials they are running for tomorrow night's finale, I think Mei is the winner. Watch where she and Gregory come out for the final verdict. Mei is on the right, and when Padma announces the winner, she is looking to her right.

Add to that something someone posted in the episode thread that Mei has left her job and has been traveling all over.

Mei traveling says a lot.  Very cool.  Fingers crossed. 

• Love 1

I would like that. OTOH, I wouldn't read too much into the appearance that she has money to spend on travel, as these checks are granted after the finale has aired. So the winner doesn't have the money yet.

Yes, but she could get a high-limit credit card and have fun with it, knowing she could pay it off as soon as she does get the check. I just can't see her leaving a really good gig with one of the V brothers -- while Greg is still where he was -- if she wasn't the winner. When Nick won, he left his job and was traveling a good bit and looking for the space he ultimately got for his very successful restaurant in Philly. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :)

Add to that something someone posted in the episode thread that Mei has left her job and has been traveling all over

.I think the Finale was filmed a long time ago-when they got to Mexico, there was a title card that said it was 6 weeks after they left Boston and all reports are that they finished filming in Boston in June. That would mean they were in Mexico in mid-July so it has been like 6 months since the finale.

Chefs move around all the time when they don't have their own place. They do it to gain experience in other cuisines-Mei could be out gathering experiences. She Leaving the Voltaggio's to travel does not mean they wouldn't take her back in a heartbeat-they obviously like her since they sent her to Brian to train for the finale.