Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Champs vs. Pros: No Guts No Glory

• Start Topic

I'm tired of Camila and could really do without her for a third challenge in a row but a last place finish complete with whining is a small palate cleanser.

Which I frickin' needed because MTV does not care that watching people yak all over the place is NOT good television.

Louise didn't want to eat the puke plate, for which I do not blame her, but I think Kam needed Lindsey to finish that challenge.  Louise or even Lolo wouldn't have been as good for him, I don't think.

• Love 5

I like the idea of a charity-based Challenge, even if fans wonder if Darrell and Cara Maria's wins "count," even with the symmetry of them going out first in Fresh Meat II. But there should be more money involved. I'm not expecting $1 million like with XXX: Dirty 30, but I figure winning an endgame should ensure somebody gets paid. I know Lolo has haters, and I consider Wes to be her ideal mate because he's an elitist in my eyes, but they would've gotten more for their charities. And Louise deserved a few hundred for bowing out after Lindsey (inadvertently) puked on her cake. As much flak as Victor has gotten as host, better him there than TJ. Teege would've had a fit, even though he wouldn't want to go near that cake.

CT "giving" a spot to Wes shouldn't count for much, but it was still a nice move. I feel bad for Kam, who will never return to the show. He seemed nice, but that's a lot of weight to carry around.

ETA: Kinda liked the Universal Studios Challenge. Sure, Ashley-not-Smashley's fear caused her and Shane to lose to her ex Zach and the Killbot. But Devyn Simone was hosting. Why doesn't she host? She's survived two full Challenges, and she's entertaining as heck.

The eating challenge took out the Pros who would have been best equipped for the final challenge, even though there was an eating portion there too.

Lolo and Louise would have outrun most of the people there.  The other pro guy would have been better than Kam for all the running.

Camilla talking like pros can't do what we do.  Whatever, without the food eating gimmick, there's no comparison.  I forget the final tally for the team events but did the champs draw even with the pros, who won a lot more of the challenges early?

• Love 1

I didn't realize this was the finale.

Again, The Challenge producers with the wonky math.  If there had to be 6 people in the final, why couldn't it be 3 and 3, and then have the two teams compete head to head for a real match up.  Another fail on their end.  

Camilla whining about the Pro's peaking at her puzzle, but I'm sure she would have done the same if given the opportunity.  And then her dumbass decided to be a baby about it and "watch them do their puzzle" instead of working on her own, which would have helped them makeup for the 5 seconds she and Wes were behind.  I said out loud, please don't have her return ever again, but I know she doesn't have a real job, so she'll be back with all the other assholes.

• Love 1

The great thing about this finale was the redemption arc they went with for Cara/Darrell. From first out on fresh meat 2, to winning it together this time. I love Cara's bond with Darrell and CT. Nice to see platonic male/female friendships on the challenge.

Shut the fuck up Camilla! Just shut up!

• Love 4

Yeah they gave $100k to the winners but nothing for second and third place?

Held back money to put it towards that million dollar pot on season 30 instead I guess.

• Love 1

After watching the commercial for the next season of The Challenge, I am so disappointed with how cheap MTV was when it was for charity.   Some people left with 1,000 for their charity.   And the 2nd and 3rd place teams didn't win anything for their charity.   

I was glad that Cara and Darnell won.   They are the best.   I was also glad Camila lost since she is the worst.   

Watching Lindsey get saddled with Kam....who is a great athlete, but just not meant for what a Challenge final is.   It was painful to watch her just have to sit there and wait for him over and over again.   She's a beast though.   I think if they weren't in pairs, she'd easily win it out of all the women in the final.  

(edited)

Aww, I loved that Cara Maria and Darrell won together as a team after being eliminated first back on Fresh Meat 2. I was rooting for them to win so I'm happy they did. It was really full circle and I too love the friendships Cara has  made with both Darrell and CT.

I think second and third place should've received money too for having finished the final. It's not an easy thing to do and they worked hard for their charities.

Overall, it was a great season/special of the Challenge. There was drama here and there, but nothing too bad. The main focus was on the Challenge and not on miscellaneous stuff happening at the house. 

I also really liked Victor Cruz as host so I hope he comes back to host again someday.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 2

Loved Cara Maria and Darrell winning!  And I really loved the sportsmanship on the Champs side.  First, CT tells Camilla that Wes deserves the extra spot in the finale, then Cara Maria gives some of her prize money to Wes & Camilla's charities.  That was the best part of the whole season.  Though I did laugh at the pros failing at the eating challenge & Wes and Lucas(?) almost killing the table to reach the brains.

• Love 2

So happy that Cara Maria and Darrell won!!!!!! Well deserved!!!! 

On 6/22/2017 at 6:23 PM, CheetaraThunder said:

The great thing about this finale was the redemption arc they went with for Cara/Darrell. From first out on fresh meat 2, to winning it together this time. I love Cara's bond with Darrell and CT. Nice to see platonic male/female friendships on the challenge.

Shut the fuck up Camilla! Just shut up!

I couldn't agree more! Cara, CT, and Darrell are my favs!!!