Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: A Tribe Called Key West

• Start Topic

Tensions rise when the group heads to Key West for Cam's birthday. Included: Austen questions Chelsea's commitment; and Kathryn reveals startling information about Thomas and Landon, who's confronted at a group dinner, resulting in betrayal and chaos.

3 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'd be much happier with Kathryn gone, all the manufactured drama gone, let's see some nice homes, clothes, fine dining, etc.

Seriously!! I cannot fathom why these idiot producers completely canned T-Rav's hilarious dinner party roast((that clip on Bravo of it was a hoot)) and Carson Kressley's soirée hosted at Patricia's in favor of yet more white trashy "Teen Mom"-esque moments overwrought with Kathryn whining/boo-hoo'ing over how she "can't be there" for her preferred baby meal ticket. Never mind that the chick is a full on drug addict mental case who lost custody of her kids due to this, just drag her out to add some unnecessary tension to an otherwise happy little show about Southern rich folks!

Please, she's had her moment to shine on here. Her scenes are officially awkward and uncomfortable to watch. 90% of the cast can barely stand her and her onscreen snark she shares over those in the cast just trying to support her because they think she's in recovery is completely off base. She sticks out like a sore thumb and not in a good way. And she actually makes me root for Landon in their few scenes together, which makes me want her to go away all the more.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I cannot fathom why these idiot producers completely canned T-Rav's hilarious dinner party roast((that clip on Bravo of it was a hoot))

Funniest part of that roast was JD asking Whitney "Is this your first time to wear a strap-on?" and poor Whitney didn't know to respond. They know something we don't know! HAHA!

• Love 5

I would so love to see the beauty of Charleston, the wonderful restaurants, beaches, the charming towns around Charleston, the historic homes, etc. This crap is no better than that awful "Teen Moms" show that I made the mistake of watching once. Is this really supposed to be entertaining? We've been to Charleston and Savannah many times and have loved each visit. What a damn shame that this is what is portrayed on television for those who've never been to these wonderful cities! I don't want to see anyone bad behavior-there's enough of that on the news everyday. Give us something fun and "charming" to watch, Bravo.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I could watch Cam or whoever shopping downtown for a full hour.

Followed by T-Rav and the boys going out and getting sloppy drunk at various local watering holes and awkwardly hitting on various disgusted women. With bits of Patricia drinking at home while making witty quips to Michael and the dogs.

• Love 1
On 6/16/2017 at 10:17 AM, Major Bigtime said:

I'd be much happier with Kathryn gone, all the manufactured drama gone, let's see some nice homes, clothes, fine dining, etc.

I agree with having Kathryn gone...but more for her sake.  She's in trouble and reading the awful things say about her (although true) can't help her mental state and difficulties.  I am lucky that I've never had any drug, alcohol, or mental problems...but I know MANY wonderful people and families who have been devastated--and worse.

• Love 9

Is Cameron the "Mother Hen" in Charleston?  What's with her butting in trying to always get Shep & Chelsea together?  I don't see anyone else asking her about her marriage or asking when she will have a baby.  I like Cameron, but she should mind her own business.

• Love 4
(edited)

Dear Naomi,

Your expectations are through the roof.  Expectations are resentments waiting to happen.

Kathryn, let a Thomas go.  What does Thomas taking Landon on a long weekend have to do with YOU?  Let Thomas be Landon's problem.

Hey Kathryn, guess what YOU did to tie down a man?  Can we all say "got-pregnato?"

Kathryn needs to get and stay sober and get off reality TV.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 18
On 6/16/2017 at 3:59 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I could watch Cam or whoever shopping downtown for a full hour.

Still down for "Cap'n Gizmo, CRB, MFT, Esq." over here...

On 6/17/2017 at 11:03 AM, slowpoked said:

Together or not? LOL!

UGH. Y'all sick of Kathryn, I'm already sick of Chelsea.

• Love 13
(edited)

Did Kathryn just order a drink?  So much for sobriety.

Naomi looks miserable.  I can't stand her.  If she hates Craig why is she with him?  Good sex or famewhore?

Landon was right about Kathryn, she's a manipulative, just like an addict and too many of the women are falling for her act.

Kathryn seems to feel that everyone should respect her because she had a baby with Thomas, but that's not Landon's or anybody else's problem.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

Landon is an annoying drunk. Plus, I am 30 years old and even I need a bathing suit with a little support. Just saying Landon. 

I felt for Craig tonight. They are showing up on time(one of craigs problems) and Naomi has to make a dig at him. They just need to break up and not be miserable. I like Craig calling everyone a bunch of children. ahaha

• Love 17
(edited)

Landon seemed slighted wasted the entire time, wonder how much of that apology was just the tequila talking and if she even remembers half of what she said on that whole trip. Thomas isn't wrong that she's a flip flopper, he's just wrong to be surprised by it.

Also, I sometimes get second hand embarrassment from watching her scenes and I can't pinpoint why because it's not like she often says anything specifically cringe worthy, yet I still find myself cringing. Maybe lack of self awareness is enough.

Naomi is a wet blanket all the time, or so it would seem. I'm not saying Craig was right, he was pretty obnoxious in that argument scene, but as his partner she could have waited to call him on it until they were in private. I think that's what bugs me the most about her is that she'll make comments about someone she's supposed to be in love with in front of their friends. Not cool, don't like it. Take him to task and slap his wrist back in the hotel room instead. Still not sure why these two are together, they seem miserable.

They're both young and attractive, they could cut each other lose and go find someone else!

I did appreciate how Whitney made certain to call Key West a shit hole and then we see the beautiful resort Cam picked and how lovely the whole thing was. I won't be taking travel advice from Whitney.

Shep blaming his behavior on being drunk not once but twice made his apologies seem insincere but I guess if Austin and Chelsea find it acceptable...ok then.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 14

Landon definitely needed more support in her swimsuit and in the halter top. Wow, she really flipped on Thomas. She looked rough the morning after. 

Awkward dinner with austin's parents.

• Love 11
On June 16, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Gam2 said:

I would so love to see the beauty of Charleston, the wonderful restaurants, beaches, the charming towns around Charleston, the historic homes, etc. This crap is no better than that awful "Teen Moms" show that I made the mistake of watching once. Is this really supposed to be entertaining? We've been to Charleston and Savannah many times and have loved each visit. What a damn shame that this is what is portrayed on television for those who've never been to these wonderful cities! I don't want to see anyone bad behavior-there's enough of that on the news everyday. Give us something fun and "charming" to watch, Bravo.

I read somewhere that the townspeople Hate that they are filming in Charleston.  It's giving the beautiful town a bad name with all the drinking, etc. and film crew.  But then again,  it's bringing in revenue, so I guess MONEY is the name of the game.

• Love 2

Shep's apology tour seemed genuine; particularly in contrast to the Kathryn/Landon shit show.   I can't stand either one of them.

I actually like Chelsea and Austin and totally believed the tension at the dinner with his folks. The Craig Naomi fights, if genuine, really show an unhealthy relationship.   And they're both at fault.

• Love 7
(edited)

Wonder what the Hell happened to Landon in Key West that got her so pissy at Thomas?

I'm guessing it was a combination of too many drinks along with not feeling very welcomed by most everyone else---Chelsea and Cameron were practically joined at the hip, Jen and Dani were staying tight, the couples were cozied up, while Thomas and the other single guys were mostly hanging all together along with Kathryn, so Landon likely was feeling a bit slighted and took it out mostly on Thomas.

Not a good look and her bitchy side was on full display to the other gals;  she definitely shouldn't have barked at Chelsea the way she did. She could've just as easily explained herself without getting so angry and defensive. And she definitely didn't need to be distancing herself from the gals any further by obnoxiously flirting it up with Austen. Speaking of her flirt-game...asking Austen if he saw wrinkles in her face? Yikes...step away from the sun and the pool drinks, girl...how embarrassing.

But Thomas definitely called out two very important facts this episode: yep, Landon is a total flip-flopper((look how easily she's turned on her longtime friend Shep this season)) and yep, Kathryn definitely hasn't changed much.

Craig & Naomi looked absolutely miserable together this entire episode. I just think their original spark has gone out and they're officially over each other. They're probably only still together to save face and for mutually exclusive benefits. Or for Gizmo's sake.

And wow, way to call out Craig's dirty little secret of chewing tobacco on national television, Naomi! He looked horrified that she finally revealed to the world that he does indeed chew. Maybe that's why she doesn't seem to like him anymore---a guy who chews would completely turn me off too. Ugh, that's just so disgusting...

Shep at least makes a point to right his wrongs and apologize when he's been a drunken asshole. The guy's oddly endearing enough to get away with his charming apologies still; wonder how much longer he can pull that off.

Whitney side-eyeing T-Rav after he awkwardly slurred about doing the mannequin challenge was a truly golden moment. It's almost as golden as last season's other golden moment between those two, when T-Rav awkwardly attempted to high-five Whitney in an Asheville bar after he slurred, "I fuckin' hate bluegrass!"

Nice to see Kathryn taking her sobriety so seriously! 

$32k for a fugly golden elephant clock..beside another fugly golden clock on a crowded mantel. So Patricia is apparently also an insanely wealthy and bored hoarder with often questionable taste in knickknacks. 

Dani's engaged and about to be married; was that extra guy along with the group her fiancé?

I'm with JD on excitedly ditching the restaurant for getting hammered at a bar: that birthday dinner looked excruciating. Looks like the night vastly improved afterwards, at least---worth all their painful morning hangovers, I hope?

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 16
43 minutes ago, rideashire said:

I think that's what bugs me the most about her is that she'll make comments about someone she's supposed to be in love with in front of their friends. Not cool, don't like it. Take him to task and slap his wrist back in the hotel room instead. Still not sure why these two are together, they seem miserable.

They're both young and attractive, they could cut each other lose and go find someone else!

They're together because he's broke, she's rich and since she already paraded him all around in front of her parents (back when she wasn't ashamed of him) she's trying to stick it out until he's done going through his phase. Except it's not a phase.

If they were to get married he seems like the type that would spend all her hard earned money (since she works), AND any $$ she got from family and then blame it all on "bad investments." Then suddenly after he has sucked her dry he'll claim they fell out of love and he moved on - then he'll be on another reality show before she can blink. 

I'm just being petty - don't take me seriously :) 

• Love 4

OMG ..  Just watched "Watch What Happens"  (East coast) after tonight's episode and Katherine was on.  She looked so different (not in a good way).  Her hair was shoulder length and darker.  Her very long hair was her crowning glory before .. Don't know why she messed with it.  And, her face looked different .. Maybe it was the makeup.  Something about her looked VERY different.  Anyone else notice the change?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG ..  Just watched "Watch What Happens"  (East coast) after tonight's episode and Katherine was on.  She looked so different (not in a good way).  Her hair was shoulder length and darker.  Her very long hair was her crowning glory before .. Don't know why she messed with it.  And, her face looked different .. Maybe it was the makeup.  Something about her looked VERY different.  Anyone else notice the change?

She looked nice...but not like her usual self. I think she just finally took out all her long extensions and went for a darker red color closer to the darker red color she sported in the first season.

Her face looked the same to me, just longer false eyelashes and long sideswept bangs. Maybe she's lost some weight? Or dare I say it...she might already be dabbling in "preventative" Botox that many girls in their 20's sadly do nowadays; she definitely seemed a bit stiff in more ways than one.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

She looked nice...but not like her usual self. I think she just finally took out all her long extensions and went for a darker red color closer to the darker red color she sported in the first season.

Her face looked the same to me, just longer false eyelashes and long sideswept bangs. Maybe she's lost some weight? Or dare I say it...she might already be dabbling in "preventative" Botox that many girls in their 20's sadly do nowadays; she definitely seemed a bit stiff in more ways than one.

Maybe dabbling .. In the cheeks?  

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

And wow, way to call out Craig's dirty little secret of chewing tobacco on national television, Naomi! He looked horrified that she finally revealed to the world that he does indeed chew. Maybe that's why she doesn't seem to like him anymore---a guy who chews would completely turn me off too. Ugh, that's just so disgusting...

Geez, that was tacky! I mean they're both rude to each other, but that was a super unnecessary comment.

57 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I'm with JD on excitedly ditching the restaurant for getting hammered at a bar: that birthday dinner looked excruciating. Looks like the night vastly improved afterwards, at least---worth all their painful morning hangovers, I hope?

I'm not super into getting hammered but I would have pounded back a crap ton of Shirley Temples to get away from that hot mess express...

• Love 8

Well, I thought Kathryn looked very good on WWHL and I liked the shorter hair.  When asked about ordering the drink, she said she didn't drink it and that is was a bit of a mind game.  I don't know if she is an alcoholic.  She has a problem with drugs.  Maybe she doesn't with alcohol.  Yeah.  Discuss.

Craig was getting to the heart of the matter with Kathryn and Landon.  Note to Danni - you don't have to be a 'girl' to get what was going on.

Dinner at Austin's house:  awkward.

Naomi needs to back it up.  If Craig's that horrible in your opinion, break it off.  Or are you just enjoying what you're doing.

Landon's bikini.  Really?  The girls are saggy, albeit small, but you need some support to perk them up.  I don't agree with all girl's code but what you did was tacky.  After seeing them at Key West, I don't think Landon is all that popular with the other women.  And I think she'd take a guy who was involved with a girlfriend in a heartbeat.  She also apparently forgot her phony storyline for the season with TRav.  

Sorry Whitney, I love Key West.  Whitney is so focused on being 'that' guy, he doesn't know how to relax and just have fun.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Sorry Whitney, I love Key West.  Whitney is so focused on being 'that' guy, he doesn't know how to relax and just have fun.

I like Whitney, but I love Key West.  I wouldn't call it a dump by any means.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Someone needs to help Kathryn with her self tanner because she's missing her hands and it makes her skin look dirty.

IMG_2482.JPG

Are you sure it's not from a crack pipe?

• Love 2