Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: A Fool Such As I

Did Maddie really think it was helping to talk to the cops like that? And does she really think a 24 year-old would want to admit publicly he's dating a minor? Even if they didn't have sex people would think they did. 

Not that I want tons of teen drama, but did they ever tell us if Daphne's going to pass her grade? I hate dangling issues like that.

Where was Avery? Last week he decides not to go on tour, but this week he's not around at all?

• Love 5

So is this the same writers that ABC had? Because CMT was supposed to better wasn't it? This is worse. 

Clay's the smartest and most level headed person on this show.

On what planet would minor Maddy be allowed to go do media interviews to promote a radio single all by herself? She'd have a manager and PR person with her. 

Scarlett and her baby drama is horrible. Gunner deserves so much better. 

• Love 16

I liked this episode so much more than I thought I would. Guess that'll teach me to ignore spoilers. 

Yes, Maddie jumped too quickly into defense mode but I can understand an inexperienced person who has been watching the news might do that. Doesn't make it right...doesn't make her an entitled brat. Also understand Clay taking a step back over all this. He needs to do whatever he has to in order to protect his mental health.

Under no circumstances would a talk with my dad over a breakup involve a discussion of whether the relationship had involved sex. Nope, not gonna happen!  

Doesn't Scarlett have any girlfriends she can talk to?  I want Gunnar to back away from this relationship so bad. 

Kinda want Juliette to steal the song. It just seems like a Juliette thing to do. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, seewillrun said:

Kinda want Juliette to steal the song. It just seems like a Juliette thing to do. 

I'm with you.  I really felt like this was Juliette and didn't necessarily represent a total backslide.  I found her more preferable to church-going Juliette in any case.  She was desperate, went to a guy to help her with a song and he's like "act as my intermediary."  She should have just told him she wanted the song without the lie but Maddie wouldn't know a hit song if it hit her in the butt so whatever.

Scarlett is such a pill.  An unbelievable pill. I've always felt that way so I kind of like how they're writing her.

• Love 4

Maddie's part just keeps getting bigger & bigger, & that ending with her singing with her mascara running down her face was just ridiculous. But I still do not care.

I guess they really are going back to the "Juliette is a bitch" plot.

So the only music was that woman who I have no idea who she is & Maddie?

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm Team YES JULIETTE TAKE THAT SONG FROM THAT BRAT AND REVIVE YOUR CAREER. and tbh I very was happy to see that spunky Juliette was back in this episode but god, I am so maxed out on the Maddie drama. Is this show on CMT or the CW? Cause sometimes I wonder.

Like I'm not saying the girls shouldn't have their own small arcs on the side but emphasis on the words SMALL and ON THE SIDE. Maddie's melodramas take away from time that could be spent giving Avery more to do than just being the world's most perfect husband* and father and spent giving Will more screen time all together. 

But you know an adult who could stand with a way less screen time? Scarlett. I am SICK of her. She clearly doesn't love Gunnar but instead of setting him free she agrees to let him help her raise another man's baby all the while wanting to be with that other man. 

And why may I ask? Lord Douche-Crumpet is horrible. He's not even a fully realized character, he's just a patchwork of tired old playboy/manchild character cliches. What she sees in him, I'll never know. 

But more importantly, what Gunnar sees in her I'll never know. Again I pray that the Rachel Bilson character is being brought on as a love interest for Gunnar. 

*I forget but are Juliette and Avery still legally divorced cause I'm feeling a big Javery re-wedding is in order. To keep fans like me still watching. 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 14

F U, SCARLETT!!!!! That is all I wanna say after this episode. God, she wasn't my favorite character before, but when did she become so grumpy, bitter and awful? She allegedly loves them both, but we only see a tiny bit of spark in her when Damian is present. Gunnar, on the other hand, is the one she's stuck with, that's how she acts. Not to mention behaving like settling for him is a favor to him and that he's the lucky one in that relationship!

I need Gunnar to let go somehow, because not only does he deserve better, but I'm feeling tired whenever their scene comes on.

58 minutes ago, stormborn said:

Again I pray that the Rachel Bilson character is being brought on as a love interest for Gunnar.

I sure hope so!! Then maybe he could remember how it is to have an appreciative and kind person by his side. I don't even want Scarlett to beg him not to leave her. I'm so much pass that, that I want her to move on with her life and leave him alone completely. He could write with Will and Avery.

• Love 5

I'm on the Scarlett loathe train too. I didn't ever LOVE her but I liked her okay, most of the time, but now she's an insufferable, entitled, depressive, weird drag. I don't even understand what the relationship between her and Gunnar is supposed to be anymore. Is she living with him? Has she agreed to BE with him, or he's just waiting around while she decides between him and Lord Douche-Crumpet (TM stormborn)? WHY is he waiting? Ugh, yes, please let him cut her loose and take up with Rachel Bilson. And was Damien somehow suggesting that he and Scarlett and GUNNAR live in that house together? Why did Gunnar even go with them? it's all so weird. And Scarlett began her convo with Damien, at the end, as if she understood that he wouldn't really be 'that guy' but once he admitted it, she bit his head off and ran the other way. She's such a pill.

It seemed sort of unkind for the songwriter guy, when Juliette was there to get him to write songs for/with her, to say 'hey, I've got a great song, but not for you!' I get he thought it wasn't in her wheelhouse, but still. She shouldn't have stolen it, and I don't hate Maddie the way many do (right now, anyway, I did last season) and it's gonna bite Juliette in the butt one way or other, but I still laughed when she took it. It IS backsliding, but that's just part of Juliette's character, always will be. I deeply missed Avery and he needs to be included in the songwriting process with her.

Maddie was young and dumb and out of touch with the real world in her actions with the police, but I didn't hate her for it. She thought she was doing the right thing, exposing a wrong and a prejudice, but she's inexperienced and unaware and heedless and reckless. Is she still a minor? I can't even remember.

Really need Avery back next week.

• Love 2

1. CLOSE the dam refrigerator door, Gunnar!

2. Wait, Clay is black?  I hadn't noticed.  Is this Nashville or Ferguson?

3. Joliet was pretty rude and snippy to Zack, I hope he bites her.

4. Charlotte needs to be put in a big house, but not that one.

5. Will and Avery must be off somewhere together knocking boots.  I'm not watching anymore until Will returns.

LekoBoy, I'm not watching anymore until Avery returns! Actually, I didn't watch it yet last night, and after reading about the ep, I don't plan on it. Was Avery mentioned at all in the ep? It seems odd for Juliette to be going through all that without him there even for a second.

BTW, I hate the ways the writers leave out certain characters from the main cast. Will has missed two eps since the show's been back. Avery's missed one. Yet Maddie and Daphne take center stage again and again. And by the preview for next week, we get a whole lot more Maddie again. Ugh.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, seewillrun said:

I liked this episode so much more than I thought I would. Guess that'll teach me to ignore spoilers. 

Yes, Maddie jumped too quickly into defense mode but I can understand an inexperienced person who has been watching the news might do that. Doesn't make it right...doesn't make her an entitled brat. Also understand Clay taking a step back over all this. He needs to do whatever he has to in order to protect his mental health.

Under no circumstances would a talk with my dad over a breakup involve a discussion of whether the relationship had involved sex. Nope, not gonna happen!  

Doesn't Scarlett have any girlfriends she can talk to?  I want Gunnar to back away from this relationship so bad. 

I can't believe there's actually someone else who enjoyed the episode!  Yay!

As a side note to the person who was questioning the writers - I guess the answer is yes, some of these are the ABC writers.  As in, Callie Khouri wrote this episode.

I did miss Avery, but not including every single character is not new.  Greys does it all the time.  And if including every single character in every episode - and trying to be evenhanded about it, which some would also want - means we get those short, choppy, whiplash-inducing scenes we had with ABC?  No thanks.

I was also happy to see some of the old Juliette back.  I don't necessarily want to see Juliette completely change.  She will always be Juliette and I think that last scene highlights what the difference is.  She recognized what she was doing with the song and even wanted to "do the right thing", but in the end she doesn't.  But S1 Juliette would never have even considered that what she was doing wasn't on the up-and-up, much less have felt any guilt over it.  

I thought the whole sequence around the traffic stop was both chilling and sad.  Clay trying to diffuse the situation - "Officer, I'm going to reach in my glove compartment for my registration.  Is that okay?" - was heartbreaking, that it's even necessary these days.  Maddie's reaction was spot on, as by a naïve, and privileged, teenager.  The end of that was pretty predictable - both the breakup and Maddie not understanding why.  But no, no, no to talking about sex to Dad.  Poor Deacon!  I imagined him saying "lalalalalalalalala, I can't hear you!" when she brought that up.

• Love 7

In fairness, when I saw the preview I thought this week would be a train wreck since Nashville is the LAST show that should be taking on Black Lives Matter issues. But it wasn't that bad -- they definitely resisted a white savior narrative for Maddie and showed how much worse she made things by being so utterly out of touch. Sure, the story was still about the white person and not Clay, but then again she's a main character and we don't follow him outside of their scenes. It could have been so much worse.

But you know what's so much worse? Scarlett. Total trash. Didn't she just agree two weeks ago that she and Gunnar would be together and raise the kid? And now she's being all pissy about the Brit and making out with him while Gunnar's outside? And then what in tarnation was she even crying about? Is there anything about her that's sympathetic? They make her worse every episode.

Anyway, any episode without Avery and Will is a waste of time anyway. Best thing about the episode was how cute HP looked in those glasses.

Also, I don't really see how Juliette can "steal" a song. It's not like she can record and release it without the writer's knowledge or permission.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gesundheit said:

But you know what's so much worse? Scarlett. Total trash. Didn't she just agree two weeks ago that she and Gunnar would be together and raise the kid? And now she's being all pissy about the Brit and making out with him while Gunnar's outside? And then what in tarnation was she even crying about? Is there anything about her that's sympathetic? They make her worse every episode.

Surely the writers know what they are doing to Scarlett's character, right?  I'm afraid they think they are trying to show her as strong or independent or "getting to choose", which is what Rayna told her.  Which, of course, is true, she does get to choose, but make a damn choice and stick with it. Maybe I'm mad at the wrong character, we could look at it that Scarlett made her choice when she slept with Damien; and Gunnar is the one who won't say "get out of my house".  I think it's Intervention time for Gunnar.  Will and Avery, can y'all get right on that?

Scarlett challenges Gunnar every time he mocks her 'truth' statements, but she isn't telling the truth.  She isn't saying to him "I really want Damien, but he isn't the kind of guy that stays home and raises kids, so I guess I'll keep hanging around you until something better comes along". To me, Scarlett stringing Gunnar along like she is, makes her as mean as her momma ever was but in a totally passive aggressive way.

• Love 11

Wow. Is Scarlett ever not going to be a bitch? Like I think I'm supposed to feel bad tht Damien is the father and the guy she apparently wants now(but also when did that happen? I mean.. she didn't even want to tell him he was the father and then she did just cause and she seemed so eh about his presence and now she loves him?) Nope. Sorry. Gunner can so much better. And sadly I don't know if the writers know what they are doing. I don't. 

The black lives matter thing was well done, actually. I was kind of impressed. At least by Nashville standards. 

Juliette's story was good too. 

I miss Will a lot this season. I wish he wasn't dating stupid money guy.

when does summer Roberts get on the show?

Yeah, count me in with those who think Scarlett is the worst. I really hate how they make it seem like she has to choose one or the other. How about this: neither. She clearly doesn’t want Gunner so she should just tell him so and have the balls to be single. It won’t be easy but it’s kinder to everyone. They really are setting her up to be the new Rayna settling for the stable, reliable man rather than the total mess that’s her true love. Only difference is it doesn’t seem like she loves either one of them.

Too much Maddie and Daphne. Daphne’s story line feels like an after school special and I’m too old to enjoy that nonsense. With the cop I totally saw Maddie as being naïve and privileged and really not understanding anything. That she still doesn’t get what happened and why and how she made a bad situation worse is what makes her so tedious to me.

I loved Juliette’s conversation with Glenn and his grin saying “she baaaack”. I love them together. I thought the song the lady sang in the Bluebird would be better for Juliette than some teen pop thing. I suspect if she had given it to Maddie, Maddie would have just snitted that she wanted to do her music not someone else’s. I can totally see her rejecting it.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, seewillrun said:

And it was more of a Juliette type song anyway.  Maddie couldn't handle a song that isn't depressing.

• Love 5

I so cringed when Clay got pulled over.   I was so sure it was going to be so much worse than it was.  But I am worried about it carrying over into next week and how much it is all about Maddie.  But last night?  I thought they did pretty well with it.

I also didn't mind the two scenes Daphne got.  I don't really want a Daphne story but if the runaway can keep Daphne busy on the couch, I can deal.  When everything becomes about the runaway?  I'll be less cool.

Not cool at all with a an episode thought that has no Avery or Will.   

I had no beef with Juliette stealing the song from Maddie and was a little surprised that Juliette even felt guilty about it.  The kid is 16.  There will be other songs.   It wasn't like she stole a song from Maddie that Maddie actually picked and had a deal on.  

I can't with Scarlett.  I'm not sure I've ever liked her.  I don't particularly like Gunner, either.  But seriously Scarlett being in love with the britt?  I have no interest in it.   And I have no interest in Gunner and Scarlett and I have no interest in Scarlett's adventures in morning sickness.  

I need more of Deacon and Avery and Will making music and I need more of Juliette being out for Juliette.

And I'd like to see Bucky land somewhere.  Other than that?  I don't know.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, piratewench said:

I thought the whole sequence around the traffic stop was both chilling and sad.  Clay trying to diffuse the situation - "Officer, I'm going to reach in my glove compartment for my registration.  Is that okay?" - was heartbreaking, that it's even necessary these days. 

There have always been terrible cops and well as decent ones, and traffic violations are how municipalities make their money, so there are a LOT of unnecessary stops. I'm not sure I would call them "heartbreaking". Maddie filming the encounter silently would have been the right way to handle things. I actually thought Clay's obsequious behavior was so over the top that was meant to incite a negative reaction from the cops. Together, they just brought out the worst in each other.

Gunnar deserves better.

• Love 1

Maddie scenes make me grind my teeth in general, and I found it really strained credulity that she would be so basically unaware of race issues in this day.

Scarlett has become a dour drip.

Juliette makes the episode worthwhile. The energy and force of her singing (especially in contrast to Maddie's dreary whinging) and the force of her prickly personality are the spark plug the series badly needs (it just needs more of them, especially Avery). 

I did like the scene between Deacon and Bucky. 

• Love 2

I don't hate Maddie as much as some, but I did find myself saying "Shut UP, Maddie!" more than once.  A first!  I did, however, think she looked gorgeous in the breakup scene.

That's... all I got.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

There have always been terrible cops and well as decent ones, and traffic violations are how municipalities make their money, so there are a LOT of unnecessary stops. I'm not sure I would call them "heartbreaking". Maddie filming the encounter silently would have been the right way to handle things. I actually thought Clay's obsequious behavior was so over the top that was meant to incite a negative reaction from the cops. Together, they just brought out the worst in each other.

Everybody has the right to their own opinion about that scene.  Sometimes it comes from your own personal filter.  But I don't agree with your take on it either.  I didn't see Clay's behavior as "obsequious" or meant to incite a negative reaction.  And my comment regarding heartbreaking had nothing to do with the police stop.

Edited by piratewench
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, piratewench said:

Everybody has the right to their own opinion about that scene.  Sometimes it comes from your own personal filter.  But I don't agree with your take on it either.  I didn't see Clay's behavior as "obsequious" or meant to incite a negative reaction.  And my comment regarding heartbreaking had nothing to do with the police stop.

Sorry, Wench; I saw the scene differently. I never said that Clay's obsequious behavior was MEANT to incite a negative reaction; just that it could.

14 hours ago, piratewench said:

As a side note to the person who was questioning the writers - I guess the answer is yes, some of these are the ABC writers.  As in, Callie Khouri wrote this episode.

OK, that explains why it sucked so much. I'm about done I think.

• Love 1

I want a Will, Avery and Luke show!!                                                                                 Was the blond at the Bluebird Rhonda from Empire   (Andre's wife) who was murdered.?                                                                                                                                I may have this wrong but I think a lot of actors on series get paid according to how much screen time they get. Thus on shows with a large cast they can save money by rotating actors.  Of course they save more by having higher paid actors sit out a few episodes while focusing on those with less lucrative contracts.  (Like the Stella sisters)

The way Clay handled the traffic stop is exactly the way my dad handles them.  He tells the cop his every movement and asks for permission.  He taught my brothers to do the same.  Because whether or not you ran that stop sign isn't the issue, the issue is getting out of there with as little trouble as possible.  When you live in a neighborhood where you're the only black people for many, many, many miles, it's not "obsequious", it's necessary and just plain smart.  I was surprised that the show handled it in such a realistic way.  It kind of bothered me that Maddie made it all about herself but again, I've had friends say "I wouldn't put up with that!"  Clay was right about them living in two different worlds.  Maddie lives in a world where she thinks it's okay to stand up for yourself, whereas I'm watching the entire situation through my fingers on the couch. 

Scarlett is awful.  Truly awful.

• Love 23

Well, on the plus side, the racial profiling/possible lead up to violence was actually done a million times better than I thought it would be, mainly because it didn't fall into cheap melodrama, and because the show rightfully called out Maddie for her ignorance in this situation, where Clay knew exactly how badly things could go. I do think Maddie's naivety was a little much (Maddie has been on Twitter in the last two years right?) it was in character, and as much as I complain about Maddie being bratty and taking over the story, at least her she clearly had good intentions.

You know who doesn't have good intentions? Scarlett? Oh my God she SUCKS! I'm a long time Scarlett apologist, but she is just driving me up the wall with her constant whining, sad sack behavior, and, worst of all, her shitty treatment of poor Gunnar. Everyone acts like Gunnar has been so awful to her and is so lucky to be with her, but, really, its 100% the other way around. The guy practically has the patience of Avery. He deserves way better than to have to be with a woman who mopes about some asshole she hooked up with, who he is now going to be raising his child. Granted, it could be a sweet plot seeing him love the kid even when its not his bio kid (like how Deacon obviously loved Daphne even when she isn't his bio daughter, and Teddy loves Maddie the same way), but that would just continue making me like Gunnar, and cry over how he deserves a better woman in his life.

Any episode without Avery OR Will will automatically be downgraded. Also, an episode without one freaking song.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was really surprised Maddie didn't play the "I'm Rayna James' kid" card with the cops like Alan Jackson's daughter did when she had a run-in with the police.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 2

I just couldn't watch Scarlet's scenes.  I tried to watch her and Deacon's, but she is just so selfish.  She created this problem, but her uncle is dealing with some things , that are out of his control.  I wish he would just tell her to grow up.  Gunnar get out of dodge, save yourself!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, milner said:

I want a Will, Avery and Luke show!!                                                                                 Was the blond at the Bluebird Rhonda from Empire   (Andre's wife) who was murdered.?                                                                                                                                I may have this wrong but I think a lot of actors on series get paid according to how much screen time they get. Thus on shows with a large cast they can save money by rotating actors.  Of course they save more by having higher paid actors sit out a few episodes while focusing on those with less lucrative contracts.  (Like the Stella sisters)

Yes that was Rhonda from Empire! I seen her and it reminded me how much I HATE baby killer Anika and how she's not been rightfully punished 

On 2017-06-17 at 7:46 AM, Packerbrewerbadger said:

My favorite scene was Gunnar(  who is British I think) mocking the British accent?!  He always has to cover his accent so I'm guessing everyone was cracking up at that scene!

Yeah I got a good laugh at that one especially how he tried to sound Posh at first and then just gave up and went full Liverpool (his natural accent).

• Love 4

Look, this show is Nashville, so it's never really going to deal with the topic of race with the nuance that it deserves.  However, I do appreciate that at least they're exploring stuff like what happened at the traffic stop (even if it was kind of a ripoff of Get Out) and the issue of cultural appropriation with Juliette and the gospel choir.  And, you know, doing wacky stuff like actually having more than one black person on screen at the same time now. 

Other thoughts:

• The love triangle with Scarlet, Damian, and Gunnar would be a lot more compelling if Scarlet seemed to care about Gunnar.  Like, at all. 
  • Would Daphne realistically not have a nanny?
  • It was weird seeing Bucky again.  His walk out last week really seemed like his exit from the show, with the music swelling in the background and all. 
  • Was the woman at the Bluebird supposed to be Deacon's new love interest or something?  Because, if so: TOO SOON. 
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, ladle said:

Other thoughts:

• The love triangle with Scarlet, Damian, and Gunnar would be a lot more compelling if Scarlet seemed to care about Gunnar.  Like, at all. 
  • Would Daphne realistically not have a nanny?
  • It was weird seeing Bucky again.  His walk out last week really seemed like his exit from the show, with the music swelling in the background and all. 
  • Was the woman at the Bluebird supposed to be Deacon's new love interest or something?  Because, if so: TOO SOON. 

Love triangle - I agree.  In fact, I thought Scarlett told Gunnar already that she wasn't in love with him anymore.  I'm so confused.

I was chatting with someone offline about that episode in season 2 or 3 where Rayna and Teddy were going to get a nanny for the girls after Maddie and Colt through that big old party.  So, yes, there probably should have been a nanny for Daphne.

No, the woman at the Bluebird is not supposed to be Deacon's new love interest.  She has said in interviews that they're just friends and I've seen that reported elsewhere as well.

I will say again that I thought the police situation/traffic stop was handled pretty well and realistically, considering the types of situations we're seeing in the news these days.  So for a man like Clay to worry that he could be shot or killed over a traffic stop isn't unrealistic and is exactly why he handled the situation the way he did.  I think the fact that Callie wrote the episode means she probably worked to get that right.  A black man in a beat up car in a nice neighborhood could be a disaster.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, piratewench said:

I will say again that I thought the police situation/traffic stop was handled pretty well and realistically, considering the types of situations we're seeing in the news these days.  So for a man like Clay to worry that he could be shot or killed over a traffic stop isn't unrealistic and is exactly why he handled the situation the way he did. 

Yes, I agree with this.  And I thought the way Maddie reacted, though maddening to me as a viewer, was completely consistent with her character as well.   

• Love 2

The scene between Deacon and Bucky was awesome. Bucky being "Rayna" was great--and you could see how much the words hit Deacon.  Well done. 

Used to tolerate Maddie but can't stand her now. Her voice is getting on my last nerve; I'm sure she can't help it but it sounds like that vocal fry thing that some people do. 

Ugh, Scarlett. 

• Love 3

Oh god please no--do not set up this rando blonde as Deacon's new love interest. If he brings her home, I hope Daphne burns the damn house down. Speaking of, I've had enough of Terruh Streetchild in theory, but she does seem to be adapting and it's nice for Daphne to have a sister around.

I feel like I've seen the scene a million times, especially recently, of course, where a clueless white idiot, female, gets up on her we-have-rights high horse while the person of color she's with cringes and gets into more trouble because of her big dumb mouth. The scene was well shot and very tense, but urgh. SHUT UP, MADDIE.

So Scarlett still has "feelings" for Lord Smirkberry. Understandable, considering she told him about the pregnancy and he was all, "Ew, gross. What terrible luck for me. Welp, good luck with that shit." And then comes back behaving as if he's on all the cocaine shoving a McMansion at these clueless dorks and raving about "our own little family." A real prince, that guy. I'm so over her dumb wiener storyline. Time for a spinoff sitcom of Avery, Gunnar and Will sharing a bachelor pad and making country music. I'd watch the hell out of that.

I was really hoping Juliette would steal the song. She may still yet. And careerwise, she totally should. It's better suited to her and it would be a very Juliette way of sticking it to Travis for being a dismissive dick and trying to catch the youth train. Handing her the song to pass on was really disrespectful. Whatever Juliette's current position in the Nashville hierarchy, he's a vet and should know how quickly things can change and be more careful about who he steps on. The old Juliette would lay waste to him and it would be glorious. Good thing she has no distractions like a baby!

Like...

Listen. It's very likely they'll go back to the "Scarlett and Gunnar are in love" thing. I don't think they'll ever stop going back to that old well.

However, with the "caliber" of writing we've got lately, they'll probably do so without Scarlett ever even apologizing, much less admitting what a total <CENSORED> she's really been. And that's just infuriating.

I genuinely thought the overthrow of the regime would be a good thing. I was wrong. I have to restrain myself in order to not shout explicits in my post that will get me banned.

I will watch one more episode and then decide if I can stick with this drivel or not.  I don't know if I can even "hate-watch" it anymore.  Sigh.  Rayna / Connie Britton not being there has taken the heart and soul from the show, and no matter how great Charles Esten is, he just can't make up for it with this writing.  I always thought that Nashville really should have had more "fun" in it. 

Maddie's braids were horrible.

"Are you saying you don't care about me?" may be the most selfish thing anyone has ever said in history.  And then when she was recapping to Deacon she STILL didn't get it!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, mojoween said:

Maddie's braids were horrible.

"Are you saying you don't care about me?" may be the most selfish thing anyone has ever said in history.  And then when she was recapping to Deacon she STILL didn't get it!

I think it's a very typical self-absorbed comment by a seventeen year old.  I seem to recall that when I was seventeen I thought everything was about me too.

• Love 2

I tried to watch her and Deacon's, but she is just so selfish. 

Scarlett with Deacon are the only scenes where I like Scarlett. Actually, Scarlett with anyone *but* a love interest (her with Rayna, with Maddie). I'm with everyone else who wonders what Lord Crumpet-Douche or Gunnar sees in her, or how she's in love with either of them. (I like Gunner -- I just don't see the relationship there.)

Sure, in the moment I understand Maddie's reaction to the cop stop. But seems like in reflection, either with knowledge of the news or with someone giving her knowledge of the news ffs, she would understand what was going on and feel remorse. Instead, she's just worried about her relationship with Clay.

Also am disappointed with the great decrease in singing on the show.