Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Reunited

• Start Topic

(edited)

I was gagged by that reunion. Damn! I had so many things to say before that last segment, but now all I can focus on is Valentina's disingenuousness.  I don't know what went down between her and Farrah, but the fact that she couldn't even pretend to be nice to Farrah while accepting an award for congeniality said it all.

In future seasons, I hope they officially change the award to Fan Favorite, because that's obviously much more accurate.

Even before that nastiness at the end, I was glad Valentina got called out for now calling off her fans when they were harassing all the other queens after her elimination. It certainly wasn't her fault that her fans acted that way, but not telling them to knock it off was shitty.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 14

What I've learned from this reunion is:

• Nina is still paranoid;
  • Alexis is still too sensitive 
  • Charlie is still full of excuses;
  • Trinity is still naked...ly competitive; and
  • Valentina is stealth shady and completely awful.
  • Love 15

Man, Valentina took her pageant personality a little too seriously when she was accepting that award. Her speech just felt super fake and there was something very tightly wound about her. Weirdly, I came out of this reunion liking Trinity a little less and liking Shea a whole lot more. I thought Shea was honest without using it as an excuse to be a bitch.

• Love 7

Wow, Ru was having a grand old time tonight.

Over the course of this season, I went from liking Aja, to not liking Aja, to more genuinely liking Aja. Like, I kind of just want to hang out and have a froyo with Aja. And wow, I wish Farrah had shown some of this mettle during the season!

I'm having a weird flashback to those moments in Untucked when Valentina was giving her drinks to Farrah. I thought that was stealth fuckery at the time, and now, even more so.

• Love 5

Random comparison, but I haven't instantly hated anyone on reality TV this much since Elia from Top Chef. Valentina's drag has never interested me, but after this episode I would rather pay to see Serena Chacha live (1 cent, please).

This season is far beyond irredeemable, but if Sasha wins I'll feel happy for a few fleeting seconds. 

• Love 3

This is the type of drama I've been dying for all season, but it also feels a bit too little, too late.

Valentina might be a bit crazy.  And looks to be borrowing makeup tips from Willam.  That jaw shadow... gurrrl.

Nina is equally crazy, but at least is more endearing.  I loved her look for the reunion too.

Trinity is still my favorite. 

Wow that reunion was lit! And a total opposite to season 8. In Season 8 the drama happened on the actual show and the reunion was pretty much kumbaya . Season 9 was basically Ru Paul's Best Friend's Race on the show and then a drama filled mess at the reunion. Not that it wasn't entertaining.

I did think everyone went a little hard on Charlie but she was flip flopping with excuses all over the place.

I love Nina but I'm sad she hasn't been able to let go of her paranoia even a little. When Ru asked her if maybe the shade she thinks she is getting is all in fun too and she still said no it was sad.

How much did the producers love Valentina? If this was even a little bit of what she is like then her edit on the actual show as amazing! I honestly believed she was an inexperienced but driven and talented queen on the show. She was all sweetness. Today it just reeked of fake. The cute act wasn't working and she lashed out pretty angrily at Shea and Farrah. Even without the bad behavior here I don't think she was this seasons Miss Congeniality so I'm glad the other queens changed the name.

• Love 4

It really seems Ru and the queens realized, after the show aired that this season would be forgotten about two days after it ends so they really came prepared to give the audience a little more to be remembered about this season other than queens giving up on the lyp sinc. Lmao at Trinity to Charlie: ´´Girl, if you gonna give us excuses, stick up with only one, dont give us five``.

And well, Valentina confirmed what people started to see but couldnt fully see it during the competition: The bitchy was in totally competition mode, at least when she was out of drag or on untucked. If at least she had kept the same focus on the challenges and runway, but seems she tought her act would be enough for producers/Ru give her a free ride to the top 3 and than the audience buying her act would crown her the winner. She got half the way there...

I called this last week and watching this reunion makes it even more sense for me: The queens became very self aware of the cameras on the later seasons, since they know they need to play nice to win with the audience/take the tittle. Just seems tho, these queens went too far to the point they missed alot opportunities to show their real personalities and be more funny. Like, geeez, look at Farrah! Even Kimora, she actually was eloquent here, not that dumb queen we saw during the season. 

• Love 6
(edited)

What a bunch of pathetic, moaning, complaining, bitter drama queens!  Farrah, Nina, Aja and Alexis need to stfu.  I still love Valentina, regardless if the four girls in the winners circle are pathetic enough to attack her since she has more fans when they are the ones about to get crowned and win 40,000.  I wonder if these losers are also going to pitch a giant bitch in real time and try to tear down whoever's crowned in front of a live audience?  They are no different from the fans who get attacked for saying Raven should have won.   Fuck them.  I don't give a damn if Valentina didn't respond to some text that Farrah moaned to her.  Valentina was still the breakout star of a really lacklustre season, so oh well if they can't get over their jealousy.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 5
(edited)

Even Kimora, she actually was eloquent here, not that dumb queen we saw during the season. 

Counterpoint: she said, "We're here to reunion."

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 11

I missed the first few segments as I am on vacay (where I just saw three S9 queens and Chad Michaels! I will dish in Small Talk later).

I respect Shea for willing to go toe-to-toe with Nina and defending herself appropriately. I also really feel for Nina. I have had my fair share of struggle with mental illness and I don't mean to just paint her with a label, but I saw so many familiar things watching her. Depression/anxiety/etc. can be SO damn cruel. She legitimately believes these inner voices in her head and acts out on them. 

There is no love lost between Trinity and Eureka, but I'm glad they rose above the AlyssaCoco v 2.0 feud the producers were trying. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

Counterpoint: she said, "We're here to reunion."

There is a clip of the queens getting ready, and they're reading comments about themselves. Aja is next to Kimora, and Aja reads a comment that she has nice handwriting. Aja says that she did calligraphy. Kimora,"What's calligraphy?" Then Aja makes some great faces.

I will accept that Kimora made some good points at the reunion, though.

(edited)

I don't know who these dumb fucks who were harassing Nina and Alexis after Valentina lost her lipsync. I really liked Valentina, but bitch lost her her lipsync. Legitimately. She fucked up her challenge. She fucked up her lipsync. The. End. Coming for the other contestants isn't going to give Valentina a nuclear powered DeLorean/blue police box/telephone booth/energy drink powered hot tub/magical hourglass/box/chronosphere/frozen wheel/great machine/quantum accelerator/duffle bag so that she can go back in time to fix her fuck up.

I wish there was a question to Aja about how busted she looked during the princess challenge. So as much as Valentina may not have deserved to be on top for that challenge, Aja looked a hot mess. That read was coming from a place of profound insecurity.

Peppermint was giving Faith Evans, First Lady of R&B, with her look.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, dolphincorn said:

Jaymes was breakout star of this reunion because she said something funny that wasn't countered by any stupid or shady behavior. This was an ugly episode.

No t, no shade, I didn't get her Valentina read

I am only a RuPaul watcher not a social media freak so I was surprised to see that the trolls were out to get Alexis and Nina.  I mean Valentina truly gave up, I only wish she had a big pair of white granny panties to wave around cos she was giving up the ghost and the fans should know it.  Also, Valentina was totally out of order, it was hilarious.  Valentina came across as super shallow and horrible, I was actually surprised.  Good on Aja for saying it was "fan favourite" cos from where I was sitting nothing too genial about Valentina.  God love Ru for saying that she will still be getting the $5K though whatever she is called. 

I generally don't like reunions but this was really entertaining.  A lot of knives being sharpened and stabbed in the back.  OUCHIES.  It didn't feel fake either, the stings were real. 

Also, instead of Aja just going "yeah I was jealous of Valentina so I just lashed out" she said she was being "aggressively complimentary!!!" OMFG I love that!!  Trinity or Shea for the win, although I do love Sasha as well.

• Love 5

Holy shit, did Valentina ever come across poorly in this reunion. I mean wow. Valentina might have her fans and they are certainly free to love her all they please, but these queens worked with her for weeks and know her better than her fans do, so they shouldn't totally discount what all the other queens say as "oh they're just jealous." 

I'm glad they did a separate reunion show this year (not part of the finale). The queens could be a lot more candid when they're not in front of a huge audience. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mayberry said:

Jaymes said "I had a really good read for Valentina but I can't remember the words!"

Like Valentina couldn't remember the words for her lip-sync. 

Doh! Flew right by me - thanks :)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Valentina is the Eve Harrington of drag and I sort of live for that.

In fairness, Eve Harrington would have known the words.

Valentina interests me.  As someone who is so careful of managing her image, she should have told her fans to knock it off.  It would cost her nothing and make her look good.  Yet she was still so grudging about saying it.  

• Love 3

I thought it was crazy that Eureka was defending Valentina by saying "she has so many followers, it's intimidating to tell them to knock it off." Yeah, imagine how intimidating it would be to be on the receiving end of hundreds, maybe thousands, of death threats from those folks. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Peppermint was giving Faith Evans, First Lady of R&B, with her look.

GIRL, I spent the entire episode trying to think of who she reminded me of so thank you! Plus, it was probably her best look of the whole season.

Man, I wish Aja and Farrah had been this great during the season... or maybe I'm just forgetting if they were because I could not remember some of those bitches up there. (Team Shea!)

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Ruby Gillis said:
6 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Valentina is the Eve Harrington of drag and I sort of live for that.

In fairness, Eve Harrington would have known the words.

Ha! True. OK. The Kylie Jenner of drag.

• Love 4

This reunion was amazing. Easily better than the whole season. I always like seeing the queens look so polished since they have all the time and help they need, too. EXCEPT for Aja, who still looked like hammered shit. I don't get it. I know she's young and probably doesn't have the money some of the others do, but she just looks messy.

Also knowing the spoiler from the finale 

Spoiler

and the fact that this took place the day after, it makes sense to me that Trinity and Shea were so outspoken. They had nothing to lose and were likely a bit salty.

• Love 1

This was one format change that was an addition rather than a subtraction, and I really liked it. When they introduced live finales (or filmed live, whatever you'd call it) to avoid the winner being spoiled, the reunion element completely suffered. They didn't have time to really get into anything, and none of the queens were going to be messy in front of a crowded theater. This is a good compromise. Now they need to bring back Mike Ruiz photo challenges (or any photographer, but preferably him), have more mini challenges, and actually read the lipstick messages each and every time (include it in Untucked if you have to!). And step up the casting game, as that's the real weakness.

This felt real damn contrived, though. Nothing about Valentina's acceptance speech and Aja's objections felt natural. Farrah more so, but the whole thing was odd and didn't feel authentic. 

Valentina's excuse for her fans was hilarious and delusional. Selena, really? I'm sure she has plenty of mini-Yolanda stans threatening Nina and Alexis on Twitter, but that's where the comparison begins and ends. I do wish Ru had taken a second to make her confront reality on that one, but it seems like the show can only admit they have a huge following of youths when it's accompanied by swelling music and declarations of how they're inspiring the little ones. Which is true, but the other side of the coin is that 95% of the fans threatening unpopular queens with bodily harm are bored tweens with not enough sense. It's worth acknowledging that on the show, and taking a stand against it, because it's likely the same mentality those kids have when tormenting their classmates. 

• Love 6

Valentina is pretty/knows how to put together a look, but that's about it. Even if she hadn't fucked up that lip sync, she doesn't have the talent to win the whole thing. And now we see her true colors. What a bitch. And her fans can go ahead and come for me.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I thought it was crazy that Eureka was defending Valentina by saying "she has so many followers, it's intimidating to tell them to knock it off." Yeah, imagine how intimidating it would be to be on the receiving end of hundreds, maybe thousands, of death threats from those folks. 

I got this to some extent. The jump from fame to FAME can be really scary and confusing. It doesn't take a genius to type 'hey guys - death threats aren't okay', but I understand Valentina trying to be an ostrich about it. Friends of mine are mutual friends with Ginger Minj, and I've seen her comment on Facebook that the girls receive NO social media training and she wishes they would have.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, April Bloodgate said:

Valentina is pretty/knows how to put together a look, but that's about it. Even if she hadn't fucked up that lip sync, she doesn't have the talent to win the whole thing. And now we see her true colors. What a bitch. And her fans can go ahead and come for me.

I think the shocking nature of her elimination gave Valentina and especially her fans the out that she was destined to win the whole thing. But the challenge she went home on illustrated that her acting game was not on point. I'm sure she would have thrown herself into the remaining challenges but I don't think she could have written a strong rap or performed it anywhere near as well as the top 4. Trinity and Shea were always above her in terms of raw talent not to mention experience. And by the time she went Peppermint and Sasha were coming on strong. Those 4 would have ground her down.

I do wish she had known the words though. If only to see how she is at a lip sync really. I think Nina probably still would have out performed her there too though since she's good at that when she's actually committed.

• Love 3

Valentina's stans...good fucking grief, get a grip.

Eureka had me dead with her "Knee's good, back to sucking dick!".

My eye kept going to Sasha. That was quite a look.

• Love 3
On 6/17/2017 at 1:09 AM, Couver said:

How much did the producers love Valentina? If this was even a little bit of what she is like then her edit on the actual show as amazing! I honestly believed she was an inexperienced but driven and talented queen on the show. She was all sweetness. Today it just reeked of fake. 

I never thought of Valentina as particularly sweet on the show and was surprised at all the fan love after she left.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:
On 6/17/2017 at 0:09 AM, Couver said:

How much did the producers love Valentina? If this was even a little bit of what she is like then her edit on the actual show as amazing! I honestly believed she was an inexperienced but driven and talented queen on the show. She was all sweetness. Today it just reeked of fake. 

I think there were always subtle hints about Valentina's whole persona being a contrived thing, like during the "You're perfect, you're beautiful" thing from Aja and Valentina's voice distinctly changes from this sweet little bird of youth to the "I'm not going to say anything" voice. Like honestly, the idea that Valentina is actually some stealth bitch who has grafted on this sweet as pie persona makes her infinitely more interesting to me.

• Love 8
(edited)

I want to continue to like Valentina but I can't. I forgave what I saw as ego at Dragcon. I rationalized the lip sync fail. But snapping at Farrah and comparing herself to Selena? No. She needs to find someone who will tell her she's not perfect, otherwise she'll end up Alexis, with more ego. You can't be a sixth place finisher on a niche reality show and have her kind of arrogance. It's too much. 

They did a good job making a lackluster season entertaining in the reunion. Here's hoping next season's cast brings more of this fire (are they all afraid of social media reactions or something?), and better lip syncs (male celebs in drag are going viral with this crap, the contestants on this show should too). 

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 4

I don't follow anyone on social media so I had no idea that Valentina's fans were throwing out death threats to anyone. And that she's done nothing about it? WTF?! 

Ru getting up to dance made me clap in glee! I really liked how this reunion was just Ru and the queens onstage in an empty theater. No audience to play to or be interrupted by or to distract us from what was happening on the stage. 

Besides Charlie's multiple excuses for her horrid LSFYL attempt and Valentina's immaturity showing and perfect little mask coming off to show some of her true colors (and I was on her bandwagon almost from the get go this season, she pulled one over on me!), I thought all of the queens did well for themselves during the reunion. I still feel for Nina and want her to get help. 

14 hours ago, Couver said:

I think the shocking nature of her elimination gave Valentina and especially her fans the out that she was destined to win the whole thing. But the challenge she went home on illustrated that her acting game was not on point. I'm sure she would have thrown herself into the remaining challenges but I don't think she could have written a strong rap or performed it anywhere near as well as the top 4. Trinity and Shea were always above her in terms of raw talent not to mention experience. And by the time she went Peppermint and Sasha were coming on strong. Those 4 would have ground her down.

I do wish she had known the words though. If only to see how she is at a lip sync really. I think Nina probably still would have out performed her there too though since she's good at that when she's actually committed.

Very good points.

(edited)

The best thing about this episode was the anti-drug PSA that happened to land in the commercial break after Ru told the Lady Bunny acid trip story.  Ha!   

Also, I'm not a huge Alexis fan, but her reaction to Kris Jenner was pretty adorable.

Edited by ladle
  • Love 2
On 6/17/2017 at 9:08 AM, HunterHunted said:

I don't know who these dumb fucks who were harassing Nina and Alexis after Valentina lost her lipsync. I really liked Valentina, but bitch lost her her lipsync. Legitimately. She fucked up her challenge. She fucked up her lipsync. The. End. Coming for the other contestants isn't going to give Valentina a nuclear powered DeLorean/blue police box/telephone booth/energy drink powered hot tub/magical hourglass/box/chronosphere/frozen wheel/great machine/quantum accelerator/duffle bag so that she can go back in time to fix her fuck up.

This is what really bothers me about stans. Valentina is the one who fucked up by not knowing the words. That's all on her, not anyone else, so her stans threatening other contestants makes no fucking sense at all. I get being a fan, but damn, you still need to keep some perspective. I loved a lot of Valentina's looks and I expected her to be in the finale, but after she just gave up on that LSFYL, I was like bye, girl. You deserve to be eliminated if you don't know the words! No matter how much I liked some of her looks, there was no way that I was going to attempt to defend her LSFYL. I can't imagine stanning so hard for someone that I would threaten another contestant because my fave fucked up.

On 6/17/2017 at 8:16 PM, JakeyJokes said:

I got this to some extent. The jump from fame to FAME can be really scary and confusing. It doesn't take a genius to type 'hey guys - death threats aren't okay', but I understand Valentina trying to be an ostrich about it. Friends of mine are mutual friends with Ginger Minj, and I've seen her comment on Facebook that the girls receive NO social media training and she wishes they would have.

I agree with this. Becoming famous can be really confusing and disorienting and not everyone knows how to deal with it. I know some performers who became famous within their area of expertise and most of them just kept on doing what they were doing because they didn't know any better. I told one of them dude, you need to tighten some things up. At the very least, you need to get a PO Box for official business stuff because right now your home address is on your website for any crazy stalker to come find you and they were like OH SHIT, I never even thought of that! There are a lot of things that people don't necessarily think about when their followers increase exponentially, including how to react to some of those rabid followers. Sometimes it's just common sense stuff that doesn't even occur to them but once someone points it out, it's like a DUH, lightbulb!

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/16/2017 at 9:45 PM, cyberfruit said:

Everybody and their damn mama came for Valentina's wig tonight!

Which was amazing, because I never really felt like Valentina had any sort of talent, other than just looking gorgeous and feigning this false sense of sweetness. I also didn't know all the crap that happened after her elimination with her fans and the other finalists. When she tried to insist that she didn't know what to do about her fans, I kept thinking, "well, this is the perfect platform to address your fans about their behavior towards your fellow contestants" and she did nothing until she was pressured by everyone on stage, including Ru. 

This is what really bothers me about stans. Valentina is the one who fucked up by not knowing the words. That's all on her, not anyone else, so her stans threatening other contestants makes no fucking sense at all. I get being a fan, but damn, you still need to keep some perspective. I loved a lot of Valentina's looks and I expected her to be in the finale, but after she just gave up on that LSFYL, I was like bye, girl. You deserve to be eliminated if you don't know the words! No matter how much I liked some of her looks, there was no way that I was going to attempt to defend her LSFYL. I can't imagine stanning so hard for someone that I would threaten another contestant because my fave fucked up.

Agreed....all of this uncalled for, unnecessary and pathetic drama reflects badly on Valentina.

Edited by vixenbynight
Adding more thoughts
  • Love 1

How sad is it that the hour of reunion was infinitely better than the entire season.  The reunion truly showed a level of insight into the queens personality that if fully depicted throughout the season would have a lot of people questioning who they support. 

·         Trinity showed that she is a mean catty bitch. I felt she spoke too much and weighed in with her opinion on just about everything.  I got the feeling that her reads were intentionally mean spirited.  My final thought of her is that under the veil of “humor” she is the competitive queen who needs to put down her competition to make herself feel superior.  Totally fine with never hearing from her again.

·         Nina – get some help! The reunion showed that her psychological issues are much deeper and worse than seen during the season.  The main reason I never want to see her again is because to watch her self sabotage herself is tiresome, unamusing and exhausting.  Final words – OK gurl, if you don’t believe in yourself neither do I – Sashay away.

·         Cu-Cu – Silence is Golden, thank you for saying next to nothing.

·         Farrah – A lil late on finding a personality. But, better late than never?

·         Charlie – Excuses are monuments of nothing that build bridges to nowhere, those who use these tools of incompetence are fools and masters of nothing.  You were a waste of space.

·         Alexis – I’m from NYC as well and Yes, you can throw a rock and hit 5 or 6 other queens who do what you do.  Overconfident queens who have limited fashion sense with an overindulgence in self-importance. Yes, you are good at characters – Liza and Mama Jenner, but that’s where it ends. Not impressed.  And NO, your other competitors are not responsible for telling you that you look a hot mess.  Stop trying to make deflection happen.

·         Valentina – Gurrrrrrl, Yours was the most revealing performance.  You were a stealth bitch.  It’s always a shock when the mask falls and you see the true colors.  Very disappointing.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

How sad is it that the hour of reunion was infinitely better than the entire season.  The reunion truly showed a level of insight into the queens personality that if fully depicted throughout the season would have a lot of people questioning who they support. 

·         Trinity showed that she is a mean catty bitch. I felt she spoke too much and weighed in with her opinion on just about everything.  I got the feeling that her reads were intentionally mean spirited.  My final thought of her is that under the veil of “humor” she is the competitive queen who needs to put down her competition to make herself feel superior.  Totally fine with never hearing from her again.

·         Nina – get some help! The reunion showed that her psychological issues are much deeper and worse than seen during the season.  The main reason I never want to see her again is because to watch her self sabotage herself is tiresome, unamusing and exhausting.  Final words – OK gurl, if you don’t believe in yourself neither do I – Sashay away.

·         Cu-Cu – Silence is Golden, thank you for saying next to nothing.

·         Farrah – A lil late on finding a personality. But, better late than never?

·         Charlie – Excuses are monuments of nothing that build bridges to nowhere, those who use these tools of incompetence are fools and masters of nothing.  You were a waste of space.

·         Alexis – I’m from NYC as well and Yes, you can throw a rock and hit 5 or 6 other queens who do what you do.  Overconfident queens who have limited fashion sense with an overindulgence in self-importance. Yes, you are good at characters – Liza and Mama Jenner, but that’s where it ends. Not impressed.  And NO, your other competitors are not responsible for telling you that you look a hot mess.  Stop trying to make deflection happen.

·         Valentina – Gurrrrrrl, Yours was the most revealing performance.  You were a stealth bitch.  It’s always a shock when the mask falls and you see the true colors.  Very disappointing.

Yes!!! to all of this. 

I've watched RPDR since season 2, but I've somehow missed this "stans" thing. Why are we calling V's fans "stans"?

11 minutes ago, April Bloodgate said:

Yes!!! to all of this. 

I've watched RPDR since season 2, but I've somehow missed this "stans" thing. Why are we calling V's fans "stans"?

"Stans" is not a Drag Race specific thing, just a general fandom thing. It's a reference to that really old Eminem song, "Stan", I guess, from the POV of an obsessed fan. When I think of a stan, I think of someone whose twitter handle and icon is dedicated to their obsession du jour (Valentina, in this instance) rather than anything to do with them personally, and take on a persona as a member of that person's fan army. Like how people joke about the beyhive coming for them if they so much as suggest that Beyonce is not a literal goddess. It can be used as a noun and a verb. Fun, right? So obviously, Valentina has some fans that are normal folks (with questionable taste imo). She's also got a massive following of young morons who are wishing Detox a happy father's day by saying they're glad her dad is dead. Just a bunch of trolls with a famous person to latch onto.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

"Stans" is not a Drag Race specific thing, just a general fandom thing. It's a reference to that really old Eminem song, "Stan", I guess, from the POV of an obsessed fan. When I think of a stan, I think of someone whose twitter handle and icon is dedicated to their obsession du jour (Valentina, in this instance) rather than anything to do with them personally, and take on a persona as a member of that person's fan army. Like how people joke about the beyhive coming for them if they so much as suggest that Beyonce is not a literal goddess. It can be used as a noun and a verb. Fun, right? So obviously, Valentina has some fans that are normal folks (with questionable taste imo). She's also got a massive following of young morons who are wishing Detox a happy father's day by saying they're glad her dad is dead. Just a bunch of trolls with a famous person to latch onto.

Really?!?!? What the everloving fuck is wrong with them? I know that Valentina is new to this fame thing, but who in their right mind would want to be associated with a bunch of antisocial feral ignorant assholes. No one needs fans like this. And in the long run they will do more harm than good to her career.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Really?!?!? What the everloving fuck is wrong with them? I know that Valentina is new to this fame thing, but who in their right mind would want to be associated with a bunch of antisocial feral ignorant assholes. No one needs fans like this. And in the long run they will do more harm than good to her career.

My hunch is what it's going to hurt most, and really already has, is the show itself. Social media in general has fucked with the casting process as well as how the queens act once they get on the show, really flattening the level of talent and personality we see. And the fact that a large chunk of the show's most intense fans are young straight girls also just fucks up what drag shows and drag queens are meant to be. I can't even imagine a Raven, or even a Raja, being able to thrive with the demographics of Drag Race fans now. But yes, Valentina needs to figure out a better way to cope with it...Katya has a lot of the same problems with attracting a very crazy fanbase, but I can't imagine her justifying it by comparing herself to Selena. 

• Love 4
(edited)

These Valentina stans are probably mostly the same Adore Delano stans. Couple weeks ago I saw one commenting that Adore doesnt need the show, that shes bigger than Ru Paul and that she also won American Idol lmao (they totally change the facts, Adore= Danny Noriega only made top 16 on AI). The thing about Valentina tho, is that she seems to share some of the delusion from her fans, like comparing herself to Selena. When she said that she couldnt reach to the fans cause she was still dealing with her elimination it felt like that at some degree she agreed with them that her elimination was somehow unfair/that should be a giving for her to stay on the show even messing up.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 3