Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Farewell, My Lovely

2 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Maybe I didn't get my point across well, so let me clarify - liking Mona (or any other villainous character) is perfectly fine. I myself still miss Ian the creepy milk-drinker. It's just that I don't think she deserves a better, or at least as good of an ending, than her victims.

Personally, my dream ending is all the Liars, their boyfriends, and a bunch of other people in jail, and Mona locked up in a mental institution. Mostly because I'm sick of the Liars acting oh so innocent. They're the victims in a sense, but they're also criminals at this point. Accidentally killing someone is understandable right up until you cover it up and then get pissy when a cop is trying to do his job and is on to you. Mona instigated some of it, yes, but the Liars were already planning to cover up the body in the first place...and badly. Frankly, Mona should have just let them get caught, but she loves Hanna too much (in her own way, as I'm aware that she's done equally as bad things to Hanna as the others). I'm not really sure who is deserving of being free. Jason? Mike? Emily's mom? Lucas? 

• Love 1

You guys!

Ok so I've been lurking around here since I stopped watching the show shortly after the time jump. I knew the show had become ridiculous but I had no idea how much. I saw the episode that had Wren a few weeks back and then yesterday I watched this episode. You deserve a standing ovation or something for sticking with this show!

I'm gonna watch the finale just to see how they wrap things up, but man this has got to be the worst penultimate episode I have ever seen.

• Love 1
(edited)

Marlene's answer was outrageously stupid. Basically she thought the only way to get people to keep watching past the A answer was a cliffhanger. RATHER THAN WORRY ABOUT BASEMENT MOMS OR THE PACING OF YOUR EXPOSITION "BOMB" OF AN HOUR.

Making it "about how much Emily cares about Alison" is such a poor attempt at covering her ass by making Emison shippers think the stupid dream was somehow a special moment for them. Lmfao the manipulation....

Was it supposed to be Rollins after her? Noel? All they needed to do was cut to a moment from 6B, show someone died again but not show who. This is a such a simple technique. Don't write things just to exploit your gullible fans, write things with an actual purpose in mind.

This is the final proof to me that Uber A is just Spencer's twin who was close to Charlotte and evil Wren who was related to Rollins. Two long standing fan ideas. Bravo. Where's the fan compensation for the script? Start writing us some checks, Marlene.

Edited by AftermathTV
  • Love 2

Can someone explain a plot thread I maybe lost somewhere?  Why did Emily have her eggs frozen to begin with?  Was it just something she did just in case or was there a medical reason?  I get that stealing Emily's eggs was a serious invasion but well....doesn't she have more?  Or is that the point she doesn't?   

Also is the point that regardless of how much of an invasion of privacy it is for both girls what happened is also some whacked out version of what both of them wanted for a very very long time?  

Is that the plot thread the show is pulling at for Emily?  Everything you ever wanted in the worst possible way?  

• Love 1

She was trying to make that money, IIRC, because she was poor. They were meant to be a donation to a couple that was unsuccessful in conceiving on their own.

I also never understood why they are treating this as a lemonade opportunity rather than a twisted crime. It's not as if they can't have a child some other way that doesn't involve Ali being violated, and she fully intended to abort. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Can someone explain a plot thread I maybe lost somewhere?  Why did Emily have her eggs frozen to begin with?  Was it just something she did just in case or was there a medical reason?  I get that stealing Emily's eggs was a serious invasion but well....doesn't she have more?  Or is that the point she doesn't?   

Also is the point that regardless of how much of an invasion of privacy it is for both girls what happened is also some whacked out version of what both of them wanted for a very very long time?  

Is that the plot thread the show is pulling at for Emily?  Everything you ever wanted in the worst possible way?  

Emily was going to sell them for college money. But then when that fell through, she just planned to store them.. A stole them like a weirdo. And yes, she has more. 

If she'd actually used all her eggs, it'd be a better explanation for why the baby was kept.....

In Marlene's mind, this was the only thing in the universe that could possibly get Ali to open up about her feelings. I thought they were going somewhere with the Addison parallel and that's how Alison was going to grow as a person in this set of episodes, but we smacked right into a wall. All I remember about Addison/Alison is Alison remarking Addison was worse than her. Which really shows Alison's level of introspection....

The only way to put Addison on Alison's level is for her to re-blind Jenna again in the finale (if Jenna has her sight back).

• Love 1

Injust laughed at Marlene's "explanation " for that finale ending ending up being Emily's dream. Also her "it works because it shows how much Emily cares about Alison" Like no one doubted Emily's affections for Alison at any point throughout the series. In fact her affections are way too deep if you ask me.

Anyway.. there were other ways to show us that the show was going five years ahead, we could have shown a scene of Ali and Charlottle. Not a cliffhanger scene like the one they gave us.

What a waste the whole Cece is Charles is Charlotte reveal ended up being. It was already a mess from the start, but then they spent an entire episode trying to make Charlotte sympathetic and a victim, but then they just tossed all that in favor of SHE WAS EVIL ALL ALONG, good thing Mona killed her!!!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

What a waste the whole Cece is Charles is Charlotte reveal ended up being. It was already a mess from the start, but then they spent an entire episode trying to make Charlotte sympathetic and a victim, but then they just tossed all that in favor of SHE WAS EVIL ALL ALONG, good thing Mona killed her!!!

Yeah. It doesn't make sense at all. The reveal episode was a whole bunch of bs(speaking of which my favorite memory of that was when the forums were live, can that open on Tuesday? I think I'll need you guys and truffle of vodka of course ?)  Considering it was done so we couldn't hate Cece because she wasn't evil, she was confused. But all of her actions five years later point to her being an evil doer who is an evil doer.

I'm glad Charlotte was still a horrible person, even if it was a retcon (but IMO it was more a stalling tactic designed to provide "answers", while still giving the Liars a reason to return to home turf that is connected to their prior struggle).

I just wish Mona had made it more painful. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm still convinced that the entire Charlotte reveal was a rewrite that spawned from a bitter ex-employee spilling that Wren was Charles.  In order to save face, Marlene hastily created backstory for Charlotte, thus accounting for the poor graphic effects, plot holes, dropped stories, Sara Harvey, minimal interaction with Charlotte and Jason/Mr. D being asleep the entire time. CeCe was never the plan but Marlene had to save face and the character was pretty much expendable. 

It's a stretch and I don't remember the specifics of the spoilers from that season but it STILL makes more sense than Marlene thinking that storyline was a brilliant idea.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Chinspinner said:

I waste too much time on this show. As usual I was going to list my many complaints, but that would take more effort than the writers put into the episode. 

speaking of complaints i'm suprised after 7 seasons we our still complaining about Ezria or at least on some website they our I figure we might as well accept it and move along it gets real bad about that on twitter I figure we come to the conclusion that this show does not show consequences

19 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Yes! Also Aria was the only one of the group who thought she should stay locked up, all the rest testified to release her because it's what Ali wanted. 

Had the others had half a brain and not followed what Ali wanted then  Mona wouldn't have had to kill her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Yes! Also Aria was the only one of the group who thought she should stay locked up, all the rest testified to release her because it's what Ali wanted. 

Had the others had half a brain and not followed what Ali wanted then  Mona wouldn't have had to kill her. 

good gosh agree but i'm wondering if the only reason Aria told the truth was cause Ezra was in the back at the hearing 

5 minutes ago, Froippi said:

good gosh agree but i'm wondering if the only reason Aria told the truth was cause Ezra was in the back at the hearing 

She told the truth and what she felt instead of doing what Ali wanted. She chose what was better for her own safety and life. Whether she did it because Ezra was with her at the court house I don't think matters.  If him being there gave her that strength, then good. Gives her more maturity than all the rest. 

Had Mona not killed Charlotte, who knows what Charlotte would have done to Aria and the others. All of them would have deserved it for buying the koolaid and letting her out because of Ali, except Aria.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Artsda said:

She told the truth and what she felt instead of doing what Ali wanted. She chose what was better for her own safety and life. Whether she did it because Ezra was with her at the court house I don't think matters.  If him being there gave her that strength, then good. Gives her more maturity than all the rest. 

Had Mona not killed Charlotte, who knows what Charlotte would have done to Aria and the others. All of them would have deserved it for buying the koolaid and letting her out because of Ali, except Aria.

I think the worst part is Aria say sorry after words like she did something wrong please you did the right thing Charlotte is a crazy i'm wondering if Charlotte was taking orders from Mary Drake though has me suspicious

Edited by Froippi
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:31 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

I'm still convinced that the entire Charlotte reveal was a rewrite that spawned from a bitter ex-employee spilling that Wren was Charles.  In order to save face, Marlene hastily created backstory for Charlotte, thus accounting for the poor graphic effects, plot holes, dropped stories, Sara Harvey, minimal interaction with Charlotte and Jason/Mr. D being asleep the entire time. CeCe was never the plan but Marlene had to save face and the character was pretty much expendable. 

It's a stretch and I don't remember the specifics of the spoilers from that season but it STILL makes more sense than Marlene thinking that storyline was a brilliant idea.

It's too forced, which is why the poor Charlotte stuff never worked.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Basically to force her and Ali together in the worst way possible with the horrible rApe baby plot point.

And that basically topped all the times they tried to force Ali as a constant simpering victim 24/7 with a cartoon villain husband to boot.

• Love 2