Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Back to the Killing Season

• Start Topic

(edited)

Poor Norm. His own mother forgot about him during the birthday phone call. 

Hopefully NW find good crab. Dirty crab and not being able to find them for the time being:(

Glad that deck boss sean is gonna get help. He was pretty cringey this episode. 

Surprised to see Nick back so soon, but at least he understands that he doesn't get another chance after this.

And Keith's son got to steer the boat! Good for him. 

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3
(edited)

I loved Edgar's "Hi Mommy".  They're big tough fisherman........then they do something like that and make you go awww.   

Jake loses another crew member but good for him for seeing it before they went out and not taking him on the trip and hoping he'll straighten out at sea.  It was sad though to hear his almost maniacal speech at the airport and watch Jake's face sink realizing the guy still isn't all here.

On the reverse side cannot believe Bill brought Nick back for a second chance after he not only did drugs on the boat but had snuck his buddies on board while at port.  Hope Bill trusts Nick but is also watching him closely and checked his bags.

Is it just me or is Keith generally more laid back this season; maybe the divorce mellowed him?  Maybe he's actually enjoying having his son on board or maybe something hasn't hit his anger trigger yet but he seems generally calmer lately.

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, terrymct said:

Wild Bill can somehow trust Nick after all that....but he can't trust his son or even give the poor guy a break. Is there something that we're not seeing?

^^^ THIS.

Wild Bill has issues.

• Love 7
(edited)

Not surprised Wild Bill took Nick back. He is a good deck boss and they are two peas in the pod so to speak. Both have the same personality in terms of the way they treat people. Sad that Bill will give Nick chance after chance and not Zach. It speaks volumes about their relationship.  Sig looked like he was smoking like a chimney. The phone call to their Mom for her birthday was cute.  I also think Keith seems a little more mellow this season. His son is doing a good job as a DH. Funny how disco rarely shows Freddy any more.    It was nice to see Jake getting the help the DH needed.  He looks about 10 years older than someone who will only be 37 in September.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1

Keith may just be on his best behavior while his son is on the boat.  Let's wait & see if the rage-monster rears its ugly head again ...

Jake should follow Dorothy down the yellow brick road and beg the Wizard of Oz for a spine, or some maturity.  He needs to spend some more time with Uncle Nick.

I do miss Freddy's antics - his enthusiasm and crazy deck dances were once a staple of this show.  How the mighty have fallen.

More Seanie-Poo please, Disco!

• Love 3

I loved how Keith was cracking up at his son doing the crab dance. I really like his son.  Looks like a pretty good relationship....unlike Wild Bill and Zach.  Dang.  

I really hope Jake's DH can get some help...and I hope Nick stays clean and sober.  I don't have a good feeling about Nick...hope he proves me wrong.  

• Love 4

Bill is certainly a fool to welcome Nick back without his first proving himself for at least a year somewhere else.

Just this week, a young lady at work, who otherwise is terrific (like so many she just doesn't know how much she has going for herself) relapsed a second time (heroin).  There was zero clue she was in such a fragile state.  And no.  Our workplace is not as stressful as the Bering Sea.  

Addiction, especially opioid, is almost always gonna win under the very best possible recovery situations.  

Oh.  Allllllllll the talk through the years by all of them about the hazards of and at the sea?  How they have to count on each other else they risk their own lives?  Yeah.

• Love 1

I assume that Bill has Nick under some pretty serious safeguards -- urinalysis, bag searches, confinement to boat while in Dutch, etc.  Not sure the sobriety state of the rest of the crew - whether they're a bad influence addiction-wise even if they don't drag him to a bar, but fishing is the guy's life and if he's sober and on the boat without access to substances, it's probably as good a place to be as any for him.  Sig always takes Matt back once he gets himself clean (granted, I don't recall Matt using on the boat). No way of knowing if anybody is now sober for life or just a few days/weeks, but if Bill is willing to ride him close, I don't see a problem with it.

• Love 1

I could see Bill taking Nick back eventually, but if I were Bill, I'd have made him sit it out for at least a year.  I'd probably also want some sort of proof that he'd been sober for that year, though I don't know that Bill could require it.  Still, the last thing he needs is someone nodding from opiates on deck with pots going.  

I'm on the other side of the fence with Freddie.  Back when he was on the Cornelia under Phil he was a quiet, humble guy who provided comic relief with his head shaving, his dancing, etc.  I loved him then.  But, after Phil died and he changed boats, it's like he got more of an ego and started playing for the cameras.  It got annoying when he was on the Wizard, jumping on the walrus was just ridiculous.  Then thinking the boat wouldn't go until he was done partying?  Nope, I'm over him.