Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Joy's Wedding/S05.E02: Triple Date Night

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, realitytvbitch980 said:

I re-watched the scene with Austin and Joy and the whole hair debacle and I just rolled my eyes and LMAOED. I mean, come on. He was talking to her like he would be talking to an annoying little sister "Okay, you need to go" "Can I have a hug first?" hahaha. She really acts juvenile and immature for her age. Its hard to believe that she's actually getting married and probably going to be pregnant any day now. I mean, she didn't know how to cut a cake, she didn't know where to sign her name, its like he pretty much has to walk her through every move she makes. I don't think he's that controlling, I think he's probably just more mature, and I'm guessing he's older? I didn't catch his age :) 

49 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Austin's 23, Joy's 19.

It's weird that these guys seem to like the extreme dependency and neediness. In the real world, that would be a turn-off for most men.

Duggar wives are like housepets. They aren't completely trained when you get them. They have to be raised the rest of the way. 

• Love 12
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, floridamom said:

Joy's filthy feet were disgusting, but not as disgusting as those dirty shoes she put her feet in. They needed to go out in their dumpster. Get those children some new good shoes for their feet. I bet they will all have foot problems very soon if not already.

Did anyone notice how awful Anna looked? She wasn't seen much, but when she was walking in the sanctuary her face looked terrible and she had little Betty Boop lips. I don't think she was feeling well and her eyes were glassy. I really hope she doesn't have blood pressure issues.

Anna is pregnant - according to what I read online.

And Joy's feet were disgusting.  They buy their shoes at the goodwill/thrift shops and all share.  Cannot imagine how many plantars warts they have..eww.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, skippy said:

Why do you think he was so eager, at the young age of 17, to be married?  Why do you think he wanted it as early as 9 years old?

That sounds strange for a 9 year old to say.   Maybe that's his parent's narrative?  Perhaps he wasn't as masculine as they would have liked him to be & made this story this up?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2

Here's the screen grab of uncoordinated, gangly Derick splayed out while attempting the obstacle course.  Austin and Ben laughed at him and Derick blamed his poor, unmanly performance on the fact that Ben was in front of him.  Sure, Derick, that sounds plausible.  Not.  

0 0 1 a Derick.png

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Now we know why Derick was a mascot rather than a participant on a team. He is seriously uncoordinated. I'm getting flashbacks of Doughboy Smuggar and his plumber's crack on the trapeze.

puke.jpg

• Love 11

I was just wondering earlier today... what type of security methods do they have to keep fans, or anti-Duggar people from crashing these weddings?  Do the invitees have to present their invitations? Are they frisked?  Is there security of any kind? 

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, sATL said:

Men's fashion SMEs...

Ummm.. the groomsmen grey suits, didn't look quite right to me... Was it the tailoring or have men's suits styles changed ? The material, fit, quality, something was odd to me about them. Almost like they came from a low-quality discount store....

Any  Tim Gunn's out there?? Were the suits the latest fashion? I keep looking at all of the Father's Day commercials for a comparable suit...

18 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I was just wondering earlier today... what type of security methods do they have to keep fans, or anti-Duggar people from crashing these weddings?  Do the invitees have to present their invitations? Are they frisked?  Is there security of any kind? 

I doubt it.  The Duggars & their ilk love their guns.  You'll have to pry the guns from their cold dead fingers.

26 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I don't think they have wedding crashers.  They invite the entire congregations of these churches to their weddings.  

• Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

30 minutes ago, ariel said:

I doubt it.  The Duggars & their ilk love their guns.  You'll have to pry the guns from their cold dead fingers.

I think so. I think that is part of the reason they hold these backyard/park style weddings in mega churches. The large churches already have cameras, some have specific entrance points for both cars and people and most already have a security staff of some kind. Plus they have hallways that can control access . It wouldn't take much to add a scanner and or and entrance/security check point. And with TLC and People Mag having first reporting dibs, someone has to check if releases been signed.

And the same is true for Jinger's wedding. It can be easy to control access on a small college campus on a weekend. It not like she got married at a school with a major football/basketball venue that holds 100K people every weekend,

For the type of weddings/reception that they have I'm not sure why they don't hold them at some state/county park or on the Duggar compound. Yes - it could rain - if so bring in tents. They hold weekly church service at home so why not a wedding?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Rock up with a plate of food more appetising than what they have set out (so, anything), and they'll probably let you right in. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They haven't held church service at their home in years. 

They were still having home church when Ben and Jessa were courting, because Ben made a 7-hour-round-trip there on Sundays so he could see Jessa.  They got married 2 1/2 years ago.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Mollie said:

They were still having home church when Ben and Jessa were courting, because Ben made a 7-hour-round-trip there on Sundays so he could see Jessa.  They got married 2 1/2 years ago.

what a Horney man would do for a piece... well in his case, "look" at a piece...

then after you marry them... well.. a girl can only hope what hoops their men will go through.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Mollie said:

That was the warehouse church that came after the Airport Road house church. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

If a person fails to present an invitation or "ticket", they can probably still get in if another attendee vouches for them. If anyone shows up without a ticket and nobody there has ever heard of them, those people are probably declined entry. Anyone who makes it past that and proceeds to make a scene during the ceremony should expect to be quickly dragged out of the room, severely beaten in a back room, and then arrested (for trespass) and held in the local police lockup.

My daughter is watching this at the moment. I must have FF'd too much when I watched. The discussion with Austin about wearing a veil or not.............do you want me to wear the veil? It looks good with the dress, and without it. We both looked at each other and cracked up! Just us? 

• Love 6

If they were a normal family, they would have been complaining about Jill's rudeness in hushed tones, but I guess they had to keep sweet. 

In my family there would be no hushed tones.  It would be loud and clear right across the table.  Jill would be in a fetal position by the time my sister got done giving her a blast.

I saw Josie at the wedding hugging another little girl.

I feel bad for JD.  Bless his heart, he's no looker but he has a work ethic and somewhat of a sense of humor.  He would be a caring father and husband.  Somewhere there's a nice girl who would think he's a catch.

I hope that we find out that Jana's constant Mona Lisa smile is because she's always thinking about the wild affair she's having with the UPS delivery guy.

• Love 20
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My daughter is watching this at the moment. I must have FF'd too much when I watched. The discussion with Austin about wearing a veil or not.............do you want me to wear the veil? It looks good with the dress, and without it. We both looked at each other and cracked up! Just us? 

NO WAY. I also laughed at that part. I think it took me watching it like a second or third time to see how absurd and awkward the whole thing was. He was really acting like he was talking to a little kid. The way he was like "Okay, you gotta go" And then she says "Can I have a hug" ? I mean, really ? Haha. He seriously at that point acted like an annoyed older brother doing anything to get rid of his tag along sister. Clingy, much? She should have used that time to be having fun with her friends and her sisters. Just like he was trying to have fun with all of his friends. Ugh. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Mollie said:

Here's the screen grab of uncoordinated, gangly Derick splayed out while attempting the obstacle course.  Austin and Ben laughed at him and Derick blamed his poor, unmanly performance on the fact that Ben was in front of him.  Sure, Derick, that sounds plausible.  Not.  

0 0 1 a Derick.png

Haha kind of OT, but does anyone else hate seeing people like Derrick, who are completely unmanly and even sickly looking, wearing athletic gear? I wouldn't mind something like running gear or even a jersey (many out of shape fans wear those), but for some reason it really irks me when he wears a polo, like he is the assistant coach of the team or something. Maybe it's just my pet peeve...idk why it bothers me so much! I was thinking the same thing at their house, like Derrick...you are an embarrassment to the sporting world...go lift some weights, and then try wearing that again in a year! You are not the assistant football coach, standing on the sidelines! If I coached that team, I would be beyond humiliated to have Derrick stealing my uniform. Idk why it bothers me hahaha. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7

The hay on the floor... the confetti...... i kept thinking "oh man... the cleaning crew of the church is going to be SO mad!!"  

but I have to admit... I totally want a confetti canon at my wedding lol 

Im sure it was probably suppose to be coming down before Joy and Austin ran off but they took off too quickly.

• Love 4

Haha i remember in a talent show once, my sister and I were doing gymnastics, and we were after some Indian dancers. They threw confetti, which was really cool, but man, was it hard to do gymnastics on that stage after that! I think they made some half assed attempt at pretending to sweep down the stage, but most of it was still there. We were still finding confetti on our bodies for weeks, haha!

• Love 2

It really felt to me like they planned a fall wedding (the hay, a lot of the colors, etc.) and then moved it up hastily.  I wonder why they would do that though.  

Michelle's voice annoys me every time she talks.  It's not that she has a high-pitched voice, as that can't be helped. It's like she tries to sound like a cartoon character.  

On 6/12/2017 at 10:13 PM, Annb67 said:

So babe just declared he doesn't see them moving anytime soon.

Go Jeremy!!

On 6/13/2017 at 0:26 PM, Marigold said:

Joy was funny and stupid throwing up her arm and yelling like a cowgirl. 

It was funny because it was just plain funny but it was also really stupid and tacky. It's a WEDDING not a rodeo. Maybe the straw mixed her up? 

At least it's got personality!

On 6/13/2017 at 2:40 PM, Christina87 said:

Hahahaha JD drove me crazy! I am a choral director, and I desperately wanted to show him a basic pattern!

But would he know what a time signature is, lol?

On 6/15/2017 at 9:00 AM, Jeeves said:

And yeah, Jill. 

I can think of a few explanations for why Jill looked scared when Izzy dropped the doll, and I don't like any of them. The most benign is that she just doesn't get that an 18 month old kid (girl or boy) is going to throw things, whether it's a doll or another toy or a ball. Less benign: Jill has some vague idea that two year old Iz will actually be helping her with child care - and he can't be throwing babies like that. I know, that's crazy. But. This is Jill. The worst scenario is that she instantly expected Derick to respond harshly to Iz's action, and only the fact that the cameras were rolling meant that he didn't discipline Izzy for tossing down the doll like that. I hope not, but we've seen Derick's harshness toward his kid.

I feel bad about Jill - and I fear you may be correct about this. 

Am I the only person in the world who If their kid reacted that way to the news of a new impending sibling, would find it hilarious?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, deaja said:

It really felt to me like they planned a fall wedding (the hay, a lot of the colors, etc.) and then moved it up hastily.  I wonder why they would do that though.  

Michelle's voice annoys me every time she talks.  It's not that she has a high-pitched voice, as that can't be helped. It's like she tries to sound like a cartoon character.  

Joy was going to the lispy baby voice a bit. ugh. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I came on here to comment that it sounds like Joy is, perhaps even subconsciously, making her voice a higher register to sound more 'feminine'. I even catch myself doing this from time to time. when I talk to really good-looking men so I'm not faultless :-) 

But what really bugs me is that Joy and Jill particularly are so lazy when they speak. It is sort of like mumbling; they do not know how to enunciate. It's not a lisp or anything, just lazy mush-mouth. At first I though they sounded dumb because of the Arkansas accents, but it goes beyond that. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

When JoKen got engaged, Austin butted in and told them "no kissing".  Fuck off dude. They don't have to follow the same rules you and Joy did. 

I wondering if Joy/Austin really did follow the "rules"  Hypocrisy seems to run rampant in their cult.

• Love 2
On 6/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, luvmylabs said:

Everything about Jinger's wedding smacked of the influence of a family (fundie or not) from the northeast.  Just my opinion.

I thought so too. I was thinking it looked like it was given by a different family, compared to all the other girls' weddings.

• Love 2

LMFAO. Okay, a couple new things I found funny and or interesting when watching this freak show circus act again. 

*I wonder if they had dancing or music playing at the reception? Probably not, which sucks, because the dancing and having fun at weddings is my favorite part. 

*I bet the only time they hear actual music, like the kind of music all of us listen to, is when they're out shopping or eating lol. 

*Austin was kind of flirty with that girl *I don't know her name* but the one who was trying to drag him away when Joy kept bothering him about her hair haha. 

*I feel like Austin is so annoyed by Ben and Derrick lmao. Like, I bet he has nothing in common with them and probably wouldn't be too heartbroken if he never saw or hung out with them again. He seems like the only one with some brains up in that head haha. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, realitytvbitch980 said:

*I feel like Austin is so annoyed by Ben and Derrick lmao. Like, I bet he has nothing in common with them and probably wouldn't be too heartbroken if he never saw or hung out with them again. He seems like the only one with some brains up in that head haha. 

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Austin thinks Ben and Derrick are pathetic dweebs, lol.  Ben has never been independent and dumb Derrick had a chance at independence and just threw it away. 

I bet Austin has an opinion of Jim Bob, as well.

Think about it ... Austin's father required him to essentially demonstrate an ability to work and earn a living all on his own before Austin could even think about taking a wife. Jim Bob, on the other hand, seem to have intentionally looked for weaklings he could make dependent upon him for support and married his daughters off to them without hesitation.  I can't believe that Austin has much respect for that.  

And because it can't be said often enough, that wedding stage looked like shit.

• Love 21
On 6/15/2017 at 3:33 PM, Mollie said:

0 0 1 a Derick.png

I can't stop laughing. Bless his heart...??

• Love 6

I haven't read everything but did anybody happen to notice the church was half full for Joy's wedding.  I remember packed churches for the other girls.

I also didn't see the Bates family.  Most unusual because they were best friends.  I saw one of the boys, Nathan, sitting between two men I did not recognize.

The Duggers did a whole couple of segments on helping the Bates enlarge their home.  Then it wasn't long after that the Bates got their own show.  They had two seasons while the Duggers where shielding errant Josh. 

Then back came the Duggers with Counting On and the Bates show disappeared.

I wonder what happened to that huge familys friendship? 

Well I just looked and it looks like the Bates will be back with us.  New season has begun.

• Love 5
(edited)

Austin has more respect for the Duggar boys because they hang out working with him and doing chores like fence repair instead of his BIL wusses embarrassing themselves at an adult playground bouncy center.

Cue the footage of Djerick flopping around like a fish out of water trying to pull himself with his weakling arms over the foam brick pit....that footage never gets old...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I haven't read everything but did anybody happen to notice the church was half full for Joy's wedding.  I remember packed churches for the other girls.

I also didn't see the Bates family.  Most unusual because they were best friends.  I saw one of the boys, Nathan, sitting between two men I did not recognize.

The Duggers did a whole couple of segments on helping the Bates enlarge their home.  Then it wasn't long after that the Bates got their own show.  They had two seasons while the Duggers where shielding errant Josh. 

Then back came the Duggers with Counting On and the Bates show disappeared.

I wonder what happened to that huge familys friendship? 

Well I just looked and it looks like the Bates will be back with us.  New season has begun.

w/r/t the Bateses, only a few attended. Erin played the piano, Nathan, Lawson, and bridesmaid Carlin. JD flew them back to TN that night (I think they got to TN around 3:30am), as they had a wedding to attend the next day. I think Alyssa was a bridesmaid in the Saturday affair. 

• Love 2
On 6/14/2017 at 10:50 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Jill may be clinically depressed. She's very detached from Izzy in a way you wouldn't expect given he is so young and her FIRST.....I don't know. 

I would bet my last dollar that Jill is suffering from PPD; as someone who went through it after the birth of my second (my c-section baby after a med-free natural birth prior) every warning sign is visible just from what we get to see. I can't even imagine what Derrick is living through---and Izzy; I still wonder how my husband put up with it. And because of a very obnoxious nurse and a horrible OB, I didn't seek help until my daughter was nearly 2. 

• Love 9

I'm guessing the Bates family can't be front and center for the cameras because of their own show. Prior to their show it seemed TLC like to feature them to make the show a little more interesting.

• Love 3
On 6/15/2017 at 1:28 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Jill has been living (and raising) babies and kids for most of her life. She should know all this stuff.

Yeah, but she probably also heard references  to her own siblings while they were going through some of those same stages, as being evidence of a sin nature and such as well. It's probably second nature for her to see normal toddler behavior as some sort of insiduous marker for an inescapable propensity toward evil.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, realitytvbitch980 said:

LMFAO. Okay, a couple new things I found funny and or interesting when watching this freak show circus act again. 

*I wonder if they had dancing or music playing at the reception? Probably not, which sucks, because the dancing and having fun at weddings is my favorite part. 

*I bet the only time they hear actual music, like the kind of music all of us listen to, is when they're out shopping or eating lol. 

*Austin was kind of flirty with that girl *I don't know her name* but the one who was trying to drag him away when Joy kept bothering him about her hair haha. 

I agree that Austin and Laura had chemistry. She was very flirty with him. Maybe she has too much personality so he chose Joy instead?

• Love 2
(edited)

You mean...What the HAY were they thinking.....

Because Austin was asked by the decorator  how he saw Joy and his reply was of her running in a meadow with flowers....

Thus the spreading of hay like they are barn animals and the hanging of flowers by fishing line to give the allusion of boutineers floating in the sky...

Much too allusionary for this crowd..

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Because Austin was asked by the decorator  how he saw Joy and his reply was of her running in a meadow with flowers....

Thus the spreading of hay like they are barn animals and the hanging of flowers by fishing line to give the allusion of boutineers floating in the sky...

Much too allusionary for this crowd..

Because filling the church with beautiful wild flowers and tall grass would have been too tacky.

• Love 5

You GUYS!  I made breakfast tacos this morning!  Someone in this thread mentioned how Jinger put the eggs and meat in a serving bowl and took them to the table.  I have to say, it's easier (in my opinion) to put them in a bowl and then dole them out into the tortillas than to make all the tacos up at once.  Plus, the tortillas get soggy if the eggs sit in them for very long.  So, wonder of wonders, Jinger taught me something.  :)  And I still think we should all be celebrating the fact that a Dugger girl cooked real eggs and meat, instead of opening up a package of "Jimmy Dean Frozen Breakfast Burritos" and microwaving them.

• Love 16
On 6/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, Annb67 said:

Anna didn't even speak. I guess they ran out of kids big enough to hide joshy

I just fired up my phone and this post sort of flashed past my eyes; somehow I read "Joshy" as "big pasty." 

• Love 4