Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Joy's Wedding/S05.E02: Triple Date Night

• Start Topic

(edited)
36 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Ummm what is JD doing?! Since when was he a conductor?

All he needs is a pitch pipe and a bouncing ball to make it complete. I thought I was watching a Duggar version of The Sound of Music.

Edited by ThinkerBell
  • Love 2

Watching this wedding -- two words come to mind "child bride." She has a running commentary up there at the altar as she is asking him for permission, what to do etc. They went over to sign something - license? marriage certificate - and she literally whispers - oh you're the groom. And then asks him, I can use my name, right? Meaning she wasn't sure whether to sign it as Joy Duggar or Joy Forsyth. WTF!? Obviously she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but most parents don't push their young, unintelligent daughters into marriage . . . .

• Love 22

Oh my god. The village idiots are shopping and idiot asked joy idiot about a leather skirt. Because you know....austin likes to hunt. I'm just gonna leave this here...

3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

The mustard cardigan. It Lives!!

Noooooooooo......

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't realize how much I've been missing that scene of Derick bent over at the waist with his hands on his knees, gagging and heaving into the grass like an old hound dog.  Damn . . . ?

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Jenny: I loved it when they signed the papers. Haha. This is nothing more than a business deal in her eyes.

I think this was the least offensive reception of all the weddings.

There was a reception??

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Jenny: I loved it when they signed the papers. Haha. This is nothing more than a business deal in her eyes.

I think this was the least offensive reception of all the weddings.

I like that it was indoors and people could sit on that stage-looking thing. That's a step up for sure. I try not to be a hater, so I'll say those cupcakes looks really good. The whole aesthetic screamed "autumn" wedding, though. The proposal WAS pretty cute. Points for taking Kendra completely off guard, although the public setting didn't allow for a nice speech on Joe's part a la Ben and Jessa.

Whoever walked with Anna down the aisle was hot. Too bad Anna has to go home to Smuggar after that.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I like that it was indoors and people could sit on that stage-looking thing. That's a step up for sure. I try not to be a hater, so I'll say those cupcakes looks really good. The whole aesthetic screamed "autumn" wedding, though.

Whoever walked with Anna down the aisle was hot. Too bad Anna has to go home to Smuggar after that.

Anna didn't even speak. I guess they ran out of kids big enough to hide joshy

• Love 1

OMG - Joy is going on that triple date with Austin and the other couples - can only find 1 shoe; comes downstairs with 1 shoe on; and then you see her walking barefoot across the family room and in the laundry room w her intended and her feet are BLACK. Does she not bathe?? And does she want her beloved to know that?

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Poor Jana! Now she's the old maid still at home. 

Thankfully for her, she's losing eggs by the day, guaranteeing her fewer kids, unlike Joy, who has a hell of a chance to beat Michelle at the baby sweepstakes because of her youth. I'd be kissing my Creator's feet if I were Jana, although I'm sure she might not see it that way.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, cereality said:

OMG - Joy is going on that triple date with Austin and the other couples - can only find 1 shoe; comes downstairs with 1 shoe on; and then you see her walking barefoot across the family room and in the laundry room w her intended and her feet are BLACK. Does she not bathe?? And does she want her beloved to know that?

So gross

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm just starting to watch, but this wedding is making me uncomfortable. She reminds me of a high school girl with her first boyfriend. I was relieved at the very beginning to see how natural her embrace was with him, but she overdoes everything. For example, she'll say, "I love you...sooooooooo much." Also, her fakey fake Michelle voice when she was asking him about her hair seemed over the top. I can so picture myself doing something like that at 19, though. when I had my first boyfriend, I thought guys had strong preferences on things like that. Ten years later...yeah, it couldn't matter less to them, for the most part.

This footage is something joy would look back on in 10 years and laugh. They also remind me of the couple that begins college swearing they'll never break up, but they're broken up by Christmas.  Of course, there is nothing wrong with her acting her age, BUT SHE IS MARRYING THE FIRST PERSON SUE EVER HAD A CRUSH ON!!! And realistically, I think it's more like, "daddy said I could have a crush on this person." I don't think she would have picked him out of a crowd organically. I think joe and Kendra actually have a lot more chemistry, and seem more natural together.

Jessa sure does come across as more likeable than Jill. When she talked about her wedding memories early on, she managed to do it in a way that wasn't all about herself. I remember wanting to slap Jill at Jinger's wedding, when she constantly brought up her own wedding in an obviously vying-for-attention way. That is the difference between these two girls. They are both annoying, but Jessa knows how to present herself in a light that the public will find less obnoxious. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 12

Yeah Jana is pushing 30 and that seems like a big no-no to still be single in their world. I was 37 when I got married and felt like the oldest first-time bride in the world! 

• Love 3

So Jill is justifying that no one likes her as - don't let others be jealous of the relationship you have with your husband, that is most important and has to come first. So it doesn't matter if people say -- you're not my best friend. Are her sisters saying that to her? Or does she just feel like they aren't as interested in her now so this is her rationalization? Hate to break it to you Jill, women can manage to have spouses and friends and siblings - so if you can't, it's YOU.

• Love 7

Jinger and Jeremy are one attractive couple. She's really blossomed. I love Jinger's clothing during that laundry scene. But damn, that was bleak. Jeremy is plugging away on something he loves doing (although 40 hours, my ass) and she's...doing laundry. I wish they'd shown her taking on a pastor's wife duties.

• Love 11

Jill and Derrick trying to explain to their baby that there's gonna be a new baby in the house was just cringe-inducing. He's barely two and can't even speak half the time; I hope she doesn't plan to start "blanket-training" the new one.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, cereality said:

So Jill is justifying that no one likes her as - don't let others be jealous of the relationship you have with your husband, that is most important and has to come first. So it doesn't matter if people say -- you're not my best friend. Are her sisters saying that to her? Or does she just feel like they aren't as interested in her now so this is her rationalization? Hate to break it to you Jill, women can manage to have spouses and friends and siblings - so if you can't, it's YOU.

Boom!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, cereality said:

Maybe it is an oblique reference to Jinger and Jeremy moving to Larado and saying "no visitors for six months."  (I don't blame them one bit, though).

• Love 3
(edited)

I hate seeing Boob on tevee

Why on earth would they let a 5 year old stick the veil in Joy hair??? hell to the no

KInd of loved the groomsmen joking around and sticking his hand on austin, kind of refreshing for these fundies. please tlc- show some more normal

Agree that this is so weird, Joy is literally a child. Her and austin did seem to have chemistry but lets face it 20 year old virgins will pretty much have chemistry with anyone. giant walking hormones. that is all.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 10